Hootsuite Logo

User ratings

4.4

3.1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.1/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Overall its been pretty good. Im not a big social media fan so I like it to be as simple as possible to get my message across.

Anthony J.

I love that I can save drafts and schedule easily. This makes my social media strategy clear and streamlined with the ability to plan ahead.

MS

Maggie S.

I was excited to start using Hootsuite for the simple reason that I needed help managing my accounts. Like the very easy dashboard and functionality.

AS

Astor S.

There are times that the software has been a little buggy for us. Sometimes images fail to upload or content fails to post due to errors.

CS

Claire S.

I had an issue with integrating it with all my platforms. I forget which one, but I was missing one that I had to do separately.

MH

Michelamonè H.

It may be user error, but it has proved an inconvenience at times.

TH

Zoho Social

Later-logocaret
+ 2

Later

How would you rate Hootsuite?

3,133 reviews

Sean C.

Property Specialist

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Good centralized tool for managing social media

Transcript

Sean .: Hi, it's Sean. I'm a real estate agent and Hootsuite gets five out of five stars for me. For...

Transcript

Kelsey: Hi, I'm Kelsey. I'm a social media manager in the tourism industry, and I give Hootsuite four...

Great for businesses and distributed teams

This is a great tool that has enormously helped our content team stay organized and post on a regular consistent basis.

Pros

Hootsuite makes it easy for our distributed team of content contributors to submit content, and our internal team can then create a posting calendar and use automated posting to make the management of all of our social platforms fast and simple.

Cons

We really like hootsuite, but it would be nice if more platforms and types of posts could be made.

It's Easy and Good

As the number of social media users grows, Hootsuite has become an indispensable part of business operations. It integrates with tens of social networks and has a 30-day free trial. It is easy to use and affordable. With millions of users, it's easy to see why Hootsuite has millions of users. It's no wonder, then, that it's the number one social media management tool for small businesses.

Pros

Hootsuite is a social media management tool with millions of users. It has the advantage of allowing you to view up to five social networks simultaneously, and its easy to use interface lets you easily flick between different social media profiles, campaigns, and customers. However, it does have some limitations.

Cons

Though its scheduling capabilities are basic, it does have some useful features. Like its ability to monitor key terms and hashtags, Hootsuite helps you grow your social media presence. Some features are limited, like the inability to bulk-schedule via import. If you're looking for a more advanced solution for your social media marketing strategy, Hootsuite may not be right for you.

Essential Social Media Management Platform

I work for a digital marketing agency who manages the social media pages for over 40+ businesses in Egypt and the Middle East, We run an incredible amount of pages on different social networks because they are too many nowadays, Almost 6/7 Pages/Profiles for each account and this is the hardest part to keep everything under control and collaboration with the right monitoring tools and to have a seamless post schedule for the whole month without a single fail, I like the fact that through all the years Hootsuite never pushed anyone to subscribe or pay for a personal use through limiting the capabilities and this makes us, We pay because we're an agency handling many accounts but for others they don't have to.

Pros

I like their easy-to-use interface with the user-friendly publishing tools to create and schedule posts to multiple social networks with the ability to collaborate in real-time with your team members and being able to assign permissions with my organization and with/for clients for a seamless access and maximum monitoring, I also like the deep insights we're able to gain through their in-depth analysis, It enables us to measure our performance across different channels to stay on top of trends and to drive the highest value of our organic/paid reach.

Cons

We needed a functional mobile application because it's 2022, And the reporting capabilities still not smart or bringing any difference between it and the social networks built-in reporting tools, Also adding some algorithms and AI/ML for the whole platform would be good specially for the content recommendation part.

A Great Tool For Social Scheduling - But Others Offer More For Less

Overall the product has served us well; we're still using it daily and are able to plan campaigns around our scheduling abilities, we're able to connect directly with our customers and assigned potential customer service issues within our team with a few clicks. Over time however, social platforms are getting savvy to the needs of businesses are starting to build out their own business tools and scheduling/performance analytics hubs (Facebook Business and Twitter for Business for one). It remains to be seen how Hootsuite will compete with free as the platforms begin to grow this part of their businesses.

Pros

Social Post Scheduling is the raison d'etre for Hootsuite and it does it effectively and with lots of options including custom tagging for your analytics platform. If you're only interested in being able to schedule and post to multiple social media channels, this is the first place to look.

Cons

The pricing and tiers no longer make sense as many of their competitors are offering similar/better scheduling and posting options at a lower price (or free with limitations). In 2022, Instagram post scheduling shouldn't be an exclusive feature.

Herramienta imprescindible para ComunityManager

No puedes concebir tu trabajo de Comunity Manager sin esta herramienta, es necesaria.

Pros

La capacidad de integrar todas las redes sociales y administrarlas es impactante, su fácil organización, feeds y menciones es única. Por medio de ella puedes visualizar todas tus redes y administrarlas con rapidez y eficacia.

Cons

La versión gratuita es limitada pero la de paga vale cada centavo que puedas invertir. Fuera de ello no tiene contras.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

A perfect tool! But quite pricey.

Productwise a pleasure! It works and delivers on the promise. I compared it, and honestly, Hootsuite is the best of all the ones I've tried. It just has a price tag that goes along with its quality.

Pros

Almost everything: it integrates smoothly with platforms, it is easy to use, visually well done and the UI/UX is pleasant. You really get an enjoyable and reliable service!

Cons

The only con for me was Hootsuite's price. For my use, it was quite expensive per social post, which at some point decided me to switch off to an alternative (which I ended up regretting for different reasons). I get that the price is the reason why it's so good, but maybe an entry level plan with less features could be an interesting in-between solution.

Hootsuite is the best social media management software for analytics.

Hootsuite is the best software for analytics. It is great for scalling your business, if you want to track and improve your perfomance throught social media, hootsuite is definitely the one to go with.

Pros

Has a lot of tracking tools and some of them are real-time, making it great for accounts that need fast response.

Cons

Hootsuite can scale quickly and make you feel in need of some tools that you can't afford.

Hootsuite is Pretty Sweet

I find Hootsuite user-friendly, intuitive, and incredibly helpful in scheduling out campaigns. This is excellent software for non-profits looking to improve their social media strategy with more consistent posting. This is also great software to help multiple people manage the same account so they know what is scheduled to post. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking to organize and streamline their social media presence.

Pros

I love the ability to schedule posts in advance. I also really appreciate the free trial and free version of this software. The free trial is long enough to schedule out a media campaign and understand the benefits of managing content in this way. Posts are unlimited. The free version is still great for a small company that needs only a few posts a month.

Cons

I have few complaints, but I do wish that Instagram posts with multiple photos and Instagram stories could be scheduled in a "set it and forget it" manner. The workaround offered is decent (a push notification sent to your phone to post) but adds an extra step. The tagging feature for Instagram is also lacking. Tagging another account requires knowing the exact account name, as you can't search within Hootsuite for the correct account (the way you can with their Facebook integration).

A social media scheduling powerhouse!

From a small business (which we were) to a major advertising agency, Hootsuite has the range of features to cater to them.

Pros

I have had the pleasure of using Hootsuite from it's early days and am happy that this energetic company has grown leaps and bounds. I and my wife ran her business and in the beginning we needed good reach on multiple social media platforms. The main issue was that we could not keep on logging into 3 or 4 different platforms. Enter Hootsuite! This wonderful tool allowed us to quickly schedule posts and what's more get some much needed analytics as well.

Cons

One of my main gripes is (was) the inability to schedule Instagram Stories but I'm happy to note that even this task has been now automated by Hootsuite. I prefer the main social media analytics to Hootsuite.

Of the best alternatives for network management

My experience has been good, it has allowed us to be able to organize everything and multiple content programs in the same control panel to distribute in the different digital media, the tool is easy to implement and understand even if you are new to this system

Pros

What I like is its ease of implementation, in general this tool covers each sector of the functions necessary for digital marketing processes, this tool allows you to publish automatically and guarantees that marketing processes are carried out without problems, they have powerful features search to facilitate management

Cons

I have no problems with the tool, it has worked well and has allowed us to manage the different means by which we communicate with clients

Useful for beginners but high priced

Especially for the free version, I can say that since we have switched to a maker-checker structure in our social media marketing process, checking the planned posts much earlier prevents problems that may occur in the instant posting. Making improvements on the features I explained in the cons section will make the product much more effective, but if you are just a beginner, it will be easier for you to try the free plan.

Pros

It's useful to connect more than one social platform and manage all of them from one channel.

Cons

Unfortunately I think the pricing is expensive. Also, the lack of a scheduling option for stories complicates the process. The most important shortcoming for me is the lack of a PDF scheduling option for LinkedIn. I think this is a very necessary feature especially for B2B marketers. I also think it is necessary to integrate more social media accounts, especially for the free plan. I understand the scheduling limits, but I think every marketer, even if it is a free plan, needs to be able to use all social media accounts on the free plan to test the effectiveness of the product.

Almost Perfect!

Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Getting Better with Time

Overall, Hootsuite provides a single place to monitor multiple social media platforms, create branded and consistent marketing campaigns, schedule content in advance with easy oversight, and get insights into content performance.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great way to set up a multi channel dashboard to have greater oversight of your social media channels. I appreciate that it covers all the major platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Cons

At this point in time, users can't directly publish content to the Facebook and Instagram stories, which are major marketing tools. Where as you can pre schedule traditional posts, it's not an option for stories.

A Good Option for Social Publishing and Monitoring

At my previous job I was using Hootsuite to start my day. I would sign on and schedule and publish posts for the duration of the day, or over the weekend or what have you. More recently, I've been using Hootsuite's free version to manage my personal online presence, scheduling posts related to my podcast or video channels. I find that more recently, the native Twitter app has been better for just scrolling through Twitter, but as far as posting goes, I prefer to use Hootsuite.

Pros

One of my favorite things about Hootsuite is the ability to 'autoschedule' posts based on the time that you're likely to receive the most engagement. This takes a lot of the guesswork out of the job of a social media manager, as you can tend to labor over the details like whether or not something is emergent enough to post right now or whether you should wait to schedule it in the future. I find Hootsuite's...

Cons

I find their integration with Instagram somewhat lacking. During my time with Hootsuite, I have scheduled countless Instagram posts, but the way the marriage between Instagram and Hootsuite Works means that you can schedule the post, but you need to open the app on your phone and hit send when the time comes to actually publish your post. I have missed so many Instagram posts because of this, and the fact that I only appear to get a notification when It's time to post on Instagram about half the time. I realize that this isn't necessarily all Hootsuite's fault, but this is a real downer, and leaves me wishing that the integration was better

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to...

Pros

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Sufficient Free Tool for Social Media Scheduling

Hootsuite is a great free tool for beginners and small social media teams! It's easy to use and has just about all of the basics you could need to start scheduling and managing social.

Pros

Hootsuite is a great free solution for basic social media management. I enjoy the dashboard customizations, where you can pull in different channels and features (ex: posts, timelines, mentions, etc.) all in one easy-to-manage interface. It also makes social listening easy versus having to log in and manage notifications manually on each individual platform. In general, Hootsuite is easy to learn...

Cons

The integrations and features/functionality could be better. I personally prefer to use HootSuite to schedule tweets and prefer to schedule other content for Facebook and LinkedIn within the actual platforms. It's fine to use HootSuite in a pinch, but you are able to do a lot more customizations within the individual platforms. Kind of a pain to do it separate/manually, but you get a better post/product...

Love this social tool!

I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome...

Cons

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring...

Manage and schedule your tweets (and posts) for SUITE results

Pros

As a Hootsuite user for 7 years now, it is by far my favorite social media management software. Creating, optimizing, and posting social media for different platforms, etc. takes a lot more time than you would expect. Not only do you have to craft each post to fit each platform you’re posting to… you have to choose the best time, use the right hashtags, shorten URLS, and include something interesting...

Cons

One of the cons of Hootsuite is its inability to detect whether or not your traffic is originating from an actual human or an automated bot. This can interfere with your data and make it hard to decipher if the data you have access to is valid or not; this is true for Google Analytics as well. To avoid this, we use a third-party application for visitor tracking (Lead Liaison). You may get notifications that your social network(s) have been disconnected from your dashboard; don’t worry, you simply just have to reconnect them. Although I am not sure why this happens so often, I trust that this has nothing to do the security of my account and I always receive notifications when I sign in to my account from a new device, etc.

Reliable and easy social media manager

Hootsuite and Buffer are my go to social media, despite the several other SM Managers that I've tried out. I work with 5 brands and I have to manage their social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) I've been using Hootsuite (and Buffer) for three years but of the two Hootsuite is my favorite and my safe bet. I have a habit of testing out as many free marketing software's as...

Pros

It is one of the simplest Social media managers in the market, the freeplan is great because it provides essential features for beginners and experts at no cost. I also like the mini tutorial for new users, at the right side of the dashboard. I personally use Tweetdeck for social listening on Twitter but Hootsuite is also great for that.

Cons

I dont like the fact that if i want to schedule a post with multiple images i'll have to schedule it directly on Facebook or on Tweetdeck for twitter.

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

Pros

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites. The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes. We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped...

Cons

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights. While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports. I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Puissant mais perfectible

J'utilise Hootsuite depuis un peu plus de 5 ans désormais et j'ai rapidement été ravi de sa simplicité et de sa performance. Mais aussi du fait que je peux piloter toute mon activité sur les réseaux sociaux, grâce à une vue complète sur le tableau de bord. Malheureusement, la série de bugs m'a progressivement poussé à déchanter et à changer de logiciel.

Pros

L'utilisation de Hootsuite est d'une limpidité sans égal. De plus, il uniformise la gestion de mes réseaux sociaux en planifiant notamment jusqu'à 350 messages . Ce logiciel dispose aussi d'une fonctionnalité de recherche conséquente permettant par exemple, sur Twitter, de cibler géographiquement mes requêtes. Enfin, il offre un important registre d'applications dans lequel on peut ajouter d'autres réseaux sociaux mais aussi des outils marketing.

Cons

Hootsuite souffre de plusieurs bugs, certains messages programmés n'arrivant pas à destination sur Instagram, alors que l'interface mentionne le contraire. Ce logiciel est bien plus aisé à utiliser sur ordinateur que sur mobile.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Hootsuite: Best Social Scheduling Tool for Monitoring Comments

Overall, I love Hootsuite for it's social monitoring capabilities and reporting capabilities, but better yet, my clients really responded to the updated reporting from our previous vendors. The real meat of the reports are at the beginning, which holds my clients attention spans better and gets them the information they actual want quickly and in an easy-to-digest manner.

Pros

My department is currently in the process of shopping social scheduling/monitoring/reporting tools (i.e. Buffer, Sprout, Hubspot, etc.), and Hootsuite is one that I was assigned to test. The feature I enjoyed best was definitely the feeds setup. Unlike other providers I've used, Hootsuite allows you to set up different feeds (i.e. mentions, hashtags, etc.). This allows me to monitor all platforms and...

Cons

The UI seems a bit dated. The features themselves are great, so it truly doesn't matter, but it's just not as modern and beautiful as other platforms. I don't think it's changed much, looks-wise, since when I last used it in a previous role 5+ years ago. It has no effect on actual usability, but an update would make it feel less clunky and more intuitive.

Hootsuite

Overall, I love Hootsuite. It's easy to use, easy to integrate, and really solves a lot of problems that social media managers face every day.

Pros

Hootsuite is the must-have tool for social media managers that want to utilize their time more efficiently, gain analytics on your messages and audience, and interact with the public more frequently to grow your audience. Hootsuite is a great tool and I would recommend it for anyone who uses social media on a professional level. It allows you to track hashtags, schedule messages, gain insights into which messages are more popular, and learn about your audience.

Cons

I would say the thing that I like least about Hootsuite is the limitation on streams that you can have. They also have different levels of payments which allow for more possibilities, but they can get a little complicated to decipher which is right for you. My organization went back and forth between the paid and free trials a couple of times in a year because we couldn't exactly decide which would be the best for us so I recommend doing some research into all the capabilities that come with the different levels before committing.

All about Hootsuite

Pros

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.