Localist

Events build communities, and communities drive growth.

Localist Reviews

Pros

The integration with our event management system is great and the UX is really good. Super user-friendly and clear with labels, flexible to add your own tags/categories, etc.

AG

Andrea G.

The calendar has a nice look and has a lot of features integrated into it. It has been stable and reliable throughout the time we've used it.

EJ

Eric J.

Pretty satisfied with it, though there's always room for improvement. Team is responsive and helpful.

JF

Jeff F.

Cons

The lack of a writable API is discouraging and makes it difficult to integrate with our other systems.

CF

Chris F.

The calendar has little to no spam protection so users can post hundreds of bogus reviews while trying to farm clicks on our platform.

EJ

Eric J.

4.4

Raising Our Profile

The School of Film, Media and Theatre is a fairly new department at Georgia State University. As we endeavor to raise our profile across campus and on various digital platforms, Localist has enabled us to communicate our presence on campus rather effectively. It interfaces with our website very well.

Pros

The ease of creating events and listings

Cons

There should be an info pop-up that provides specification details such as size requirements for images.

Thanks for the positive review and your feedback Karin!

Strong choice for calendar solution

Pros

Ease of use for both admin and end user, visual customization, and social connectivity

Cons

Inability to manage RSS feeds of content in a custom way, but that could just be me. It's likely just me.

Thanks for your review!

A Helpful and Organized Tool

I've been happy with the ease of use and reliability of the product.

Pros

The functionality works well and the integration with other websites has been great for our use. We've explored a few different use cases for it and it's really been a great tool for us for a number of years.

Cons

Probably more of the back-end stuff on the admin site could be improved. Easier searching/approving events, better customization of automated emails from the site would be neat, too.

Thanks for the review and the feedback Nicholas!

Localist for Higher Education

Pros

The website integration is awesome! Also love the community that it builds for our users.

Cons

That you can't set the image display size on an embed.

Thanks Mike! I've passed your comment along to our support team as well.

Localist Experience

Pros

The flexibility has been the best feature for me. We are able to provide content through the use of the RSS feed feature to advertise our activity calendar directly into Localist which expands our advertisement reach.

Cons

Great for calendar promotion, but not great for scheduling. Then again, it is not designed for that so it is not a big issue.

Thanks for your feedback, Brian!

Useful Event Software

Pros

Event registration is streamlined, easy to modify information on events

Cons

Cost can be an issue based on Requirements

Thanks for your review Amelia!

Good student & faculty tool

Pros

Quick and easy-to-use feature on our website.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to share hosting titles with different groups.

Thanks for your review Jac!

The overall experience was ok but I wouldn't go through that again. Give the sales guy a medal for selling this software to us. He promised simplicity and ease in terms of spinning up landing pages for a global events team made it seem very easy on the demos but when we actually started using the product, we realized that it just isn't ready for an enterprise-level company.

Pros

Simplicity or at least that is what was promised during the initial calls.

Cons

I didn't like how much the product was oversold.

Thanks for your feedback Hassan. I've passed this along to our sales team.

Calendar tool that integrates with other event management software

Pros

I like Localist's ability to clearly display events feeding from the Event Management Software in a clear and concise manner. There is little to no manipulation required to transfer the event information for public viewing.

Cons

I think the software is a little pricey, but it meets our needs so we went with it.

Doing some catchup on past Capterra reviews. Just wanted to let you know we appreciate your review from February!

Localist

Overall, I enjoy using Localist for my department. We are able to advertise many events to a broader network because of this software.

Pros

Localist is very easy to use. I love that I can "tag" other departments so my event shows up on multiple pages and gains more traction.

Cons

The one thing I would improve is the way the widget looks when integrating it on my department's personal website.

Thanks for your positive review Andrea!

Localist Review

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and cleaned up our calendar system look and feel.

Cons

The thing I like least about Localist is that is has been difficult to integrate with our event management software.

Thanks for your feedback Blair!

Robust software w/ odd API quirks

Pros

The API has a lot going for it for third party development. The user experience is pretty good for end users.

Cons

The API changes once in a while without updating major versions causing third party integration breakage.

Thanks for your feedback Tim!

Thanks!

Pros

The software was really easy to use and helpful!

Cons

The software is a little pricey for what it offers

Thanks for your positive review, Christopher!