All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

NetSuite Reviews

Great product

Pros

cloud based very user friendly easy to customize reports captures every change so has a great audit trail

Cons

not as robust in some areas as I would like (budgeting module, marketing module) updates sometimes wipe out custom built reports (areas that were reported on no longer available) pricey, price increases every year

Netsuite is an intuitive, easy-to-use, ERP software for all.

Pros

Netsuite's functions, both for front office and back office individuals is intuitive. A minimal amount of support / help menus is necessary to be able to access and utilize the features of Netsuite. I enjoy and appreciate how customize-able Netsuite is with minimal IT or programming experience - it is an ERP software for really everyone. Netsuite is constantly coming up with new features to enhance my experience, and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the ERP.

Cons

I wish that there were a better help menu / functionality - it is good that Netsuite is so easy to use, because the "help" function is often times not helpful. I also wish that customer service were more customer-oriented, it is often times confusing as to who I should contact (whether it be Netsuite directly, or my Netsuite sales / account rep). I also wish that the new features (such as the verticals) had more demos available online, so that it'd be easier to see and know what kinds of additional functionality they have to offer.

Great Customer Service

Pros

Honestly the best thing I like about NetSuite is how easy it is to contact Customer Service and how helpful they are. The user/admin guides are also very detailed and the patch notes they include with updates keep us well informed.

Cons

I wish NSPOS had more modules, everything seems to require customizations.

NetSuite Review after 18 months

Our overall experience has been very positive. We are able to spread accountability to more resources because of the power of NetSuite and what individual users can accomplish.

Pros

Prior to NetSuite, we had many add-on applications to integrate with. It made updates and seamless integration difficult. With NetSuite, we are able to function almost entirely within NetSuite. We have established relationship with NetSuite partners for additional functionality to address functional gaps that NetSuite could not address directly. However, by utilizing these partnerships, integration has been nearly seamless.

Cons

The one drawback is the ability to get enhancements addressed that specifically meet our business requirements. Again, we have partnered with NetSuite partners to address some things, however, there are other enhancements I hoped would have been easier to get addressed. It feels like they are recognized as a need, but then they fall into a large bucket that has little hope of being addressed.

An honest look at NetSuite by a Finance User

our processing time of producing customer invoices was significantly reduced. We can now create invoices in a matter of hours vs numerous days using Quickbooks Enterprise. We were able to save almost 1 FTE and then spend that resource on other projects. The bank reconciliation, when it works, greatly reduced the time spent on it and the accuracy. With being able to import and connect our payroll software through web services we are able to greatly enhance the payroll detail.

Pros

the reporting functionality, saved searches and financial document reports. They give you a base you can then customize and bring in your custom fields. The snap ons and add ins are also very helpful such as web services for third parties such as payroll, 1099 forms, and bank rec files

Cons

your bank reconciliation is less than ideal. Your fixed asset module is also well underwater. Would recommend investing significant resources on that or dump it.... very hard to use, very easy to break. Its nice having the asset listing in one place though along with scrips to run depreciation.

Maybe a capable ERP solution, BUT horrible implementation and business practice

We signed up for Netsuite ERP last Sept/Oct. We planned to go live on December, before our peak season in January. It's a nightmare after we signed the contract, the implementation goes on for 6 month, we had to hire outside consultant to help us. NS inside implementation team doesn't has enough knowledge to help us successfully implement the system. Our NS implementation team only asked us to go...

Pros

Customization and compatibility, you can customize to any you want it to work in regards to reporting.

Cons

NS inside implementation team doesn't have enough knowledge to successfully implement the software, account manager only cares about upselling instead of helping our business to succeed.

NetSuite Intergration Review

To be successful at any Integration, like NetSuite their needs to be a lot of communication. I think some things that was promised for an out of box solution like NetSuite has many limitations. We were finding that a lot of integrations from our legacy systems took a lot of development to and from NetSuite. Over all NetSuite is a great product, despite all the issues.

Pros

The way the NetSuite software was layed-out was easy to navigate. A lot of features are hidden in multiple drop down menu's so the learning curve could be much faster if pages you used most could be pinned at the top of the menus.

Cons

Like I stated before the most used pages are hidden in the menus.

Went live on Global Financial in January 2018. It was a challenging project but a lot of that was our complex integrations

I would like to see the CSV uploads made more user friendly to create a better user experience foe data entry. The system is pretty easy to use and the access to data is great.

Pros

Search and queries capabilities are very useful. System is easy to learn. It seems to be very configurable too.

Cons

Some controls from a standard accounting perspective are lacking. Such as, an invoice GL entry can be zeroed out after posting if canceled within the period. We have daily balancing processes and automated matching and we cannot have an entry that was previously reconciled just change to zero. There should be a reversing entry for an audit trail and better controls when this happens. Also should be...

Love Netsuite so easy

Pros

It is very easy to use and can be used from anywhere in the world on any device

Cons

The price is higher than other software programs

NetSuite user

Overall experience with NetSuite is good. We like it and could probably use more training to be more efficient.

Pros

NetSuite has a lot of functions. It can do so many things. You usually can find what you need if you just look.

Cons

NetSuite has a lot of functions. There are so many that it can get confusing. You usually can find what you need if you have a lot of time to look for it. The other issue I find to be a problem is that we can't do refunds for alternative payment methods (PayPal Express, Amazon Pay) through NetSuite. We have to issue the refund through NetSuite, but then go into PayPal or Amazon to also issue the refund. They don't sync. There may be other plug ins we need to make the refund issue work better. But then we have more places where the system can break.

Ive used NetSuite for 8 years and couldn't do with out it

Couldn't operate without it

Pros

The search for clients/prospects is fast. I can be on the record page, go to the web site, check for phone records and write reports. I can access just as easily from my smart phone or if im on another computer. It is the foundation of my sales program and very complete. I am able to track current projects and the history is always available.

Cons

The search function is too complicated. if one letter is off I cannot get the proper search. It needs to be simplified. It crates a time problem for me each time I attempt a search. Also I would like for a link from the incoming phone calls to pull up a record of the caller. This would be an outstanding feature and save time and I could be more responsive when receiving a call.

NetSuite Review

Great! Keeps getting better!

Pros

Keeps developing. So many businesses have customised at macro or micro level but all benefit from one book of record kept in the cloud!

Cons

The first 3 weeks of user adaptation wa tough. Like learning a new job.

Netsuite Review

So far our experience of NetSuite has been pretty good. It is easy to get going with its interface and you can drag and drop forms and reports. There are occasional performance issues and bugs, but the support provision deals with these fairly quickly. In short it is powerful, and customisable, and recommended.

Pros

A cloud-based ERP system, NetSuite suites companies looking for security and reliability, combined with a solid feature set and frequent upgrades. The UI includes a powerful search tool, and it is easy find what you need and move around in the system.

Cons

It is a relatively expensive solution, which also requires a lot of your own development time to customise forms and functions for your business. There is a limited amount of cloud storage included, and the cost to increase this is eye watering.

NetSuite product review

Great for medium to large companies with varying levels of service. I have enjoyed working with NS and learning about all tools it has to offer.

Pros

ease of use, function, order entry, invoicing and accounting functions.

Cons

customer service, updates, personal integration

Netsuite - 3rd company using

With the SaaS the cost of the software moves up from below the line to operating and the cost is pretty pricey if not expecting your operating income to change. The price per users is really high...but the value for the flexibility of the system, the ability to integrate suite apps is worth it. Third company I have used it with and when I switch they need to be on Netsuite.

Pros

Changes were needed to the general ledger and renumbering and organizing the income statement and balance sheet was extremely easy. This was to make the statements useful to management, provides more relevant financial information, and just make the statements more useful. Love the ability to create searches and reports.

Cons

not an easy way to update names when an employee leaves for the 100s of searches and reports they owned. The downside is we have many "names" even though they are no longer employed. Not a fan of adding new IDs and the paying their prorated costs for the remainder of the term. For example if you have a three year term you would need to pay the remaining months in total to add them.

NetSuite

NetSuite may be great for accounting but not for sales reps. I personally find NetSuite very hard to use to manage my daily calls, prospecting and follow ups.

Pros

NetSuite is very good for tracking what has happened. I can log my calls, opportunities, sales, quotes, etc. I can set a call back/follow call. I can log my emails. So tracking information is great.

Cons

This is a very poor data management system for sales reps. It is not easy to use. I can not pull reports of prospects. I can not create marketing lists/contact lists.

all in one solution

Pros

customisability to suit needs of our growing business

Cons

cost to set up and run and for employees to be able to successfully use

Netsuite is great for complex accounting

Overall I enjoy using NetSuite for our daily accounting but it's so complex that we don't utilize it properly or thoroughly. It can be difficult to navigate on your own and to understand the system-wide implications of your actions. I think if you're going to utilize the software properly, it would take a lot of time and cost spent on training.

Pros

I have gotten used to the interface and I find it pretty user-friendly; there are several ways to get to the same information.

Cons

This product has so many features and so much in-depth functionality available, that it sometimes has an overwhelming feel. There are tasks that should/could be much simpler to perform. The custom reports can be tricky to figure out due to the very high number of fields to choose from within the product. In addition, there is little to no customer support unless you're willing to pay additional fees for the assistance, which is not inexpensive.

Use standard capability and where possible buy off the shelf add-ons that integrate.

Pros

NetSuite's standard capability is easy to use and deploy. The expansion into mobile platforms is good although it could be better. They used to have Outlook integration which although buggy was an excellent method of ensuring all customer comms via email were accurately recorded in CRM

Cons

We were very early adopters of NetSuite and as such we're forced in the beginning to custom develop much of the capability we needed simply because NS hadn't yet created it. Over the years we've become reliant on this custom development which is stable but very slow, complicated and virtually impossible to support. Unwinding ourselves now to make use of the standard out of the box capability NS now provides is virtually impossible

All the bells and whistles!

Efficiency is our number one goal. We don't have to come up with band aid approaches like our old system. Our company was far too big for what they offered and they were not built with retail inventory in mind. We have real time inventory now and that's so exciting!

Pros

I love how easy it is to navigate. If you want to know what makes up any sort of balance, you can usually just click on that balance and it will give you all the details behind it, I just this week found a detailed aging report so our year end journal entries are so much easier than our prior system. I love how it's exactly like a website with so many useful links. I often find myself with 20 tabs open at the end of a day without even realizing it.

Cons

When it goes offline it can be tricky. Sometimes if you don't allow it enough time to finish loading, it will ignore what you have changed. That said, that's true of pretty much any website.

NetSuite

Great cloud based ERP system. We’ve invested in customizing it to our exact needs.

Pros

Robust, high uptime, very customizable ERP

Cons

Support is difficult to work with. Some features clunky

One of the most scalable systems out there.

NetSuite ERP is a cloud ERP solution and provides proven financial management and ERP that easily integrates with your broader sales and service processes

Pros

I have administrated/implemented Oracle + NetSuite for a couple of years and have found that is a very versatile product, that truly one of the most scalable ERP systems I've ever encountered. This product is always available to my users wherever and whenever they need access, designed for global commerce and the global supply chain. NetSuite can hold all of a companies accounting information including amortization schedules, journal entries, bills, vendor information, revenues, cost of sales, and so much more. Every single accounting function an organization does can run through Netsuite. Companies are able to upload directly to Adaptive Insights, which is a great tool to do forecasting and budgeting.

Cons

The only drawback of the system is that the UI is not as clean as other tools that we use like Salesforce and Adaptive. These tools have extremely intuitive, user-friendly, and graphically appealing UI's.

Netsuite Pros & Cons

Happy with the system. We have recently moved our shopping carts away from Netsuite due to the reasons above.

Pros

Software is online. Software is very easy to use so suitable for all staff not just office based staff Software is so powerful that you can use it for invoicing, customer support, CRM and Shopping carts.

Cons

Slow on development of shopping carts. Not up to date with the likes of Shopify etc.. and also the costs are too much compared to Shopify.

User from a Fin-tech Company

There are some very good positives but as others cloud services are offering much more flexible functioning, NetSuite needs to improve and upgrade with much faster pace than it is doing now

Pros

Accounting, Ease of data handling. Ease with which other softwares can be integrated with NetSuite

Cons

No proxy logins for admins to check dashboards published. How standard records are viewed differently in each place. Ex: Contacts are a separate record if you are running a search but they are under relationships in Csv imports which is inconsistent. So are sales Orders which come under transactions. No way to search for 3rd connection transactions or records. Example: No way to search for a opportunity from which a sales order was created.

Evolving ERP Platform

A long learning curve, but very happy with the outcome. You will be investing a lot of time and money to get this rolling, so you need to think about being in it for the long haul.

Pros

Very customizable to fit your business, and with Oracle's backing, continues to add features. For those that find they were looking for more elaborate accounting software, they'll be amazed at all of the other items that can help to streamline your company or organization.

Cons

You'll need someone to help implement this. This is not an easy platform to just buy and start using. It will often force a company to rethink their processes and document them so that they can be implemented within the platform.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.