Trello Logo

Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

Trello Reviews

4.5

23.1K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.56/10

Reviews by rating

So natural to utilize Very visual Price is correct Easy to add/eliminate individuals Search ability is superb.
The product has a good look and is easy to use. Regarding the integration of the processes, it is very good and agile with the other members.
Excellent software to maintain the progress as a team and achieve the targets as a team. Monitor the team's progress and a wonderful application full of tools helps us to do things right.
The accidental "drag/move/delete" is scary for us because you can accidentally move a card when you're just trying to scroll over on the screen and that can be problematic.
Fear of insecurity is a shortcoming of the apps. Some bad people can use this app for their ill purpose.
I HATE that i can not see the archived tasks on the calender as an option. Not being able to archive a task after you complete it and still see it on the calender is a bummer.

23,142 reviews

David M.

CEO

Executive Office, 1-10 employees

Keep Everything on Track with Trello

Transcript

David M.: My name is David. I'm the Chief Executive Officer of an energy services company. And I rank...

KC

Karrie C.

CEO

Online Media, self-employed

Trello Is A Business Must Have

Transcript

Karrie: Hi. I'm Karrie, CEO of my digital marketing company, and I would give Trello a five out of five....

Brian S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work. I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every...

Pros

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week....

Cons

The search function and the reporting are the weak points. In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month. Reporting...

NM

Njeru M.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Trello the best project management solution

Pros

I like that importing and exporting data is easy which allows for maximum productivity and project planning and scheduling.

Cons

Deployment and learning how to use might take time

RP

Rodrigo P.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Trello has been a game changer for organizing my work tasks and personal projects. It's so simple and effective!

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and move tasks, and the visual layout helps me stay organized. It's become an essential tool for me.

Cons

I wish there were more customization options for task cards and better integration with calendar apps. It could improve the overall experience.

CF

Cláudia F.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

A good software to manage work daily

Pros

It is easy to use and set up. It can be used for many team members and it is mostly free.

Cons

It is limited due to being used the free version. But it can be upgraded to the premium version

NV

Natascia V.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

Trello - A Worker's Delight

I like this program since it is organized and does the majority of things I need. I enjoy the simplicity so it is easy to use and train others on.

Pros

I like how Trello is super easy to use and navigate. It allows you to tag appropriate people and have a checklist for varying tasks within one main task, keeping things organized.

Cons

Trello has fewer features than some other programs. For instance, it does not let you assign one task within your checklist to anyone, just letting you assign for the main task.

TA

Tydie A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

One of the easiest project management software out there

Pros

I love that I can seamlessly keep tabs on my projects, organize tasks and documents, and share with clients and colleagues as needed. Its very visual and everything is in one place.

Cons

No cons! It worked really well for everything I use it for.

br

benedetta r.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

Simple and efficient tool to manage and plan all your marketing tasks!

Pros

The ease of use and the colorful interface make immediate and quick comprehension and management of different tasks.

Cons

Some features are kind of limited compared to other similar tools, such as Excel integrations.

MH

Mike H.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Trello: The simple Way to Get a Cluttered Mind Organised

Really pleased that I gave Trello a try. It has far exceeded what I had hoped for and it works really well, all the time.

Pros

Trello was easy to set up and there are loads of help videos on YouTube that gave me more ideas for how I would use it.

Cons

Nothing. I have yet to find anything annoying about it. It never slows me down and it is now embedded as a valuable part of my professional life, as well as my private life.

OK

Olena K.

Internet, 51-200 employees

Review of work

Pros

Convenient, clear, multifunctional. For a large team. For many different projects.

Cons

Hard to tell. Perhaps Collaborator Limit for Free Workspaces

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Good one to add into your shortlist

Pros

It can track my daily task and notify me what I missed.

Cons

Sometimes I think that it would be better than this if it have simple UX/ UI compared to Asana.

SH

Stephanie H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Indispensable Foundation To Our Productivity

We give our leaders full flexibility to utilize Trello, which has resulted in a lot of boards (list of lists, essentially). This is not overwhelming, however; the team knows how to utilize this system and, effectively, use this as a foundational means of communication. We use Trello to stay on track with yearly, quarterly, and weekly goals; we use Trello to plan events and coordinate all vendors, volunteers, supplies, and raw ideas; we even all use Trello in our personal lives, from making a weekly schedule, to meal planning, to gift managing!

Pros

What I love the absolute most about this software, is its malleable ability to record, monitor, transmit, and communicate an idea or task in every way necessary to our productivity. Tasks and ideas are easily moved between all necessary individuals and teams. Each member involved in the task is able to clearly communicate their progress along the way, and team members can watch other's progress leading up to their obligation. We use Trello to manage thousands of tiny micro-tasks, yet it all is cleanly and neatly organized to stay on-track and entirely avoid overwhelm.

Cons

At the moment, there is not a way to have the same card (task) on multiple lists/boards (the terms used by Trello to describe vertical lists and overall categories, respectively). You can make copies, but if one card is updated, the others will not also update. I understand the exclusion of this feature, but there have been many occasions where this would improve productivity and assist projects. For now, we simply make links to cards and boards.

VH

Vanessa H.

Real Estate, self-employed

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily...

Cons

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 employees

The perfect tool to follow up team tasks and projects

The main use of Trello is the team follow up by following the tasks, the due date and the projects. This is the best tool to work together within a team and to keep all tasks organized and well assigned. Coupled to Microsoft Outlook, Teams and Project, it is the best combination to manage a team and big projects.

Pros

Trello is very easy to understand and to use. The dashboard is very clean and easily useable. There are very high quality features such us assigning tasks to team, with due dates, with priority levels, ... Trello can be integrated to other softwares such us Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Teams. We also set up a ticketing tool to solve all customer requests and bug reports.

Cons

Nothing I really didn't like about Trello... Maybe be one thing could be improved : it is the history of the actions done on the task and tiles. At the moment, the history is too loaded and sometimes it is not easy to find the most important actions done.

RC

Rachel C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Love this product, very visual and straightforward, highly recommend

Pros

There is SO much to like about this software, it's hard to narrow down. The versatility of the software is incredible. We have a variety of different teams (e.g. photography, video, writing, web development...) and each team's boards are completely independent of one another, with completely different workflows. Other tools seem restrictive whereas Trello is incredibly customizable, and change is easy....

Cons

When the pricing structure changed a year or two ago, we had to totally restructure our work to be able to keep the software (we are state funded and could not afford our current structure once the price increased). We had to transition from nine teams to one team, separated out by tags. We have a TON of boards, so this was less than ideal but still totally manageable. The one other thing I like least is the limitations placed on board powerups. They are SO useful, and the tool is still incredible without them, but I wish my whole team had gotten to experience the powerups (I was one of the only Gold members).

JC

Jr. C.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Helpful for Small Projects, Hard to Scale

Trello has been very helpful for small teams projects and personal projects. It can be very quick for one to learn the basics, set-up and and collaborate with on a basic level. One needs to be mindful that Trello is harder to scale compared to JIRA, but much easier to gett started on. Trello has a free option that is worth trying to see if it will help your organization stay on top of projects and tasks, and is a more feature rich, online version of a sticky note board on a white board. Trello constantly has updated that make the proiduct more feature rich, and the new feature help with efficenceny and effectivenesss.

Pros

Trello is very easy to get initialized and running for a small teams or projects, or to organize personal work. It makes it easy to take a list of tasks to do and put them in an organized manner to allow for collaboration and consistency, it is ideal for small teams and projects and is quicker to learn and initialize, when compared to JIRA. The user-friendly UX on the web and mobile is nice for new and experienced users. Trello is a nice alternative to Asana, and can be used as a substitute.

Cons

I found that Trello is much harder to scale for big teams and projects. It does not seem as efficient of effective when managing bigger teams of developers working on multiple separate projects when compared to JIRA. Trello can be hard to maintain a sense of control for a project when there is a lot of moving parts. When trying to become an advanced Trello user, I found it took some time to get used to the product, and learn effecicent ways of using the product; it seems that there is no perfect way to use Trello.

Beth S.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Fantastic software for project tracking

We use trello to track the status of tax returns (from the moment we remind clients to send us stuff to when it is accepted by the IRS), to track the status of potential clients, and also to keep lists of procedures by type (Accounting, Bookkeeping, sales tax, etc)

Pros

My most favorite thing is the Kanban Board view and labels. They make it so easy to track where projects are so multiple people working on something can see what needs to be done vs. what is already done and who is working on it! It is incredibly user friendly whether you're on a computer, a phone, or even using the app! I like that we can attached files not only from our devices but also from Google Drive. Finally, the price is really inexpensive, so when we add someone to our team we don't have to decide if it's worth it to add them!

Cons

The only thing it really seems to be missing is having the gmail thread as part of trello, instead of having to pay for a third party add-on. We'd also like the ability to export a board+lists to excel.

KK

Kenny K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Collaboration made easy with Trello. I'm loving it!

I can't say anything bad about Trello. I tried a couple of tools, then discovered Trello and haven't used anything else after that. It was very easy to start with Trello, without needing documentation. Very intuitive platform with a clear interface. I would certainly recommend this tool.

Pros

I used Trello for managing multiple new projects with a team of 5-10 people. I like the way I can customize the look & feel of project boards. Trello works very fast, has a smooth interface and is quite flexible. You can often just drag & drop things around and make changes with a few clicks. I find it very easy to use, which is why I kept using it over the years. I tried other tools, but stayed with Trello as I found it the easiest to use.

Cons

I haven't used all features of Trello yet as I like to keep things simple for myself and the team. Maybe would be cool to be able to further customize the 'theme' of a board and some settings, especially if you would have a very large project, but for my purposes I'm happy with the things I can do.

Astrid A.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 employees

Remote Project Management? Trello is your tool!

"Chef Kiss! 5 stars, would totally use it again" I know it's super cliche but is true, I love Trello and after working with sooooo many project management tools Trello is among my Top 3, and whenever a new client tells me "Let me add you to our Trello Board" I cry put of joy because I know I am gonna have the information and support I need just a click away.

Pros

Honestly, there are so many things to like about Trello, how user-friendly it is, you can literally teach anyone how to use Trello in less than 20 minutes. Super easy for people who are starting doing project management, visually a blast and you are able to have full visibility of stages and day-to-day tasks. Managing backlog is super easy and you are able to truly focus on what is important and not feel like you leaving anything out.

Cons

If you are looking for a more confidential set type of tool maybe Trello is not your thing. Some of the projects I manage need some part to be public and others to be more on the low and since Trello is more focus on open collaboration I find myself needing to share classified files outside the tool which can complicate and confuse my peers, but honestly is more of the project itself than the tool.

CR

Caitlyn R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Great projects managing software for anyone starting out with a small team

Trello was a great software to get my feet wet, sotospeak, when it came to getting the hang of using a project management software for my business. It definitely helped me to graduate to the next level in my ability to keep my team productive. Even as my team has grown, I have decided to keep the Trello software for the purposes of managing all of my management teams scheduling, tasks, and etc. Because,...

Pros

There are a lot of pros when it comes to using this software. It's great for listing projects in order of priority, managing projects, as well as being able to update the workflow and track the progress of each project. It is great for anyone who has a team of at least two or three people.

Cons

The only issue I really see here is the fact that this software is obviously built for someone who is just starting out, or only has a team of, at most, five people. So, if you are looking for something to help delegate work and keep everyone on the same page for you management team, this is perfect for you. However, if you are planning on managing a large scale personnel operation, I would supplement this software with something else that can help you manage a larger group of people.

SR

Simon R.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Using Trello for a Digital Agency Start up

Very positive. Easy to use and integrate with other tools through powerups

Pros

This is my Goto for planning projects with my customers. It is zero effort to show a customer how to use it and start collaborating. This in contrast to a tool like Jira is really good for a startup business like mine. I intend to upgrade to premium version but it has been great to get me started.

Cons

Would have liked to be able to trial premium features before making decision. Maybe this is possible but cannot remember.

Joseric M.

Utilities, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trello for Work and Private stuff

Trello will highly improve your productivity for both your office work and personal life. It did to me. You can organize action items (or just about everything any list can do) in a fun and colorful platform. Try it by starting with the basic Trello (free) which is fantastic in itself and might be even more than enough for basic needs.

Pros

I love Trello boards! Ever since I was introduced by my manager to the concept of Kanban boards and Trello, I have loved this app for use in the office (required for my team) as well as for my personal productivity (i.e., my private life). We started using Trello when it was just a simple Web app (used only via the web browser), now I love it even more since they already created an installable version...

Cons

The Free version does not allow you to extract all your boards into a spreadsheet format (e.g., excel). Anyway, I was able to try it out (before subscribing) via a Powerup I got for free. I'm not sure about the logic of having to "Archive" a card first before being able to "Delete" it. Maybe there is a reason, but sometimes I would just like to delete a card straight away.

Nigel Masimba R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello

Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Pros

Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local...

Cons

Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

SB

Sapir B.

Banking, 11-50 employees

Trello - my personl experience

Probably the best organization that you will actually discover with stunning work culture and advantages. Heaps of work life balance, very strong group , exceptionally brilliant and skilled partners, amazingly compassionate pioneers extremely associated with groups in the organization. Weakening rate in the course of the most recent couple of years are too low

Pros

Best for groups! + Easy mobility + Simple plan + Better than comparable applications, for example Groups, Slack, FB Workplace, and others. + Usable as schedules. - Without business class, the maximum size of the connections is 10 MB. - Without business class, the entirety of the colleagues are administrator, so everybody can erase a board or someone else. - For me, I haven't got private informing highlight. It wouldn't be awful. It's truly useful with regards to project the executives. I preferred that you can set cutoff times and have the option to realize which card/task to organize and complete inside the given time period. Be that as it may, all things being equal, I love it!

Cons

None!! I will be here forever!! please keep doing what you doing.

Legal Services, 1-10 employees

Trello Boards make work visual

If you have a work that you can chunk into different phases (and most jobs have that), Trello is an awesome kanban style way to visualize where you are at with each client, project and task. In addition it does not only give you that overview, but on everyone else assigned to the board (usually that will be the team working on the project). It was the first software in our company where we managed...

Pros

The highly visual style of the Kanban style boards and the cards are super helpful. It is a great tool to get a birds eye view on all the work going on in a given project and makes it easy to follow up on individual tasks where team members may be stuck.

Cons

The one thing I did not enjoy is that there is no native Mac app, but rather it is all online. There are workarounds (like using a browser based app maker such as Coherence X) but, when the internet cuts out, your access to the boards goes with it.

DM

Dawie M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Visually appealing solution - Used as a personal productivity management tool and as a shared project resource between two users

Team collaboration on boards is easy. It is an extremely intuitive application. If you expect a setting or program instruction to be found at a specific place, the chance is good that it is there. The third party integrations through Trello's Powerups functionality, makes it possible to develop a customized Trello solution that is very powerful. But, that means that a user, or a company, would need...

Pros

The visual appeal of Trello is the major factor that makes me prefer if above other productivity management solutions. The interface is easy to use and understand. It is easy to change card into its own list, or to transfer it to another board. Navigation is simple. Multiple users can access and work on a board if they have the permission. A long list of other software products can be easily integrated...

Cons

Text formatting is not enabled with the common "drag-select-change" or keyboard shortcuts that users are used too from other familiar applications. Instead characters need to be entered among the text to change a word to bold/italics... or to make text into headers, lists, and any other format options. The text format rules that Trello uses is called: Markdown formatting syntax. One has to remember the correct syntax if one wishes to edit the format of text. Workflow automation or task assignment automation could strengthen Trello - but it does enable integration with other applications that might fill this requirement. A calendar view is not part of the basic Trello solution - once again a integration with a third party application is required.