Trello Logo
Trello

Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

visit website

Trello Reviews

12,903

6,380

1,436

How would you rate Trello?

Pros

So natural to utilize Very visual Price is correct Easy to add/eliminate individuals Search ability is superb.

The product has a good look and is easy to use. Regarding the integration of the processes, it is very good and agile with the other members.

Excellent software to maintain the progress as a team and achieve the targets as a team. Monitor the team's progress and a wonderful application full of tools helps us to do things right.

Gihan A.

Cons

The accidental "drag/move/delete" is scary for us because you can accidentally move a card when you're just trying to scroll over on the screen and that can be problematic.

ML

Meghan L.

Fear of insecurity is a shortcoming of the apps. Some bad people can use this app for their ill purpose.

MA

MOHAMMAD AZMAL H.

I HATE that i can not see the archived tasks on the calender as an option. Not being able to archive a task after you complete it and still see it on the calender is a bummer.

Barış B.

20,945 reviews

KC

Karrie C.

CEO

Online Media, self-employed

Trello Is A Business Must Have

Transcript

Karrie: Hi. I'm Karrie, CEO of my digital marketing company, and I would give Trello a five out of five....

Keep Everything on Track with Trello

Transcript

David M.: My name is David. I'm the Chief Executive Officer of an energy services company. And I rank...

Facilitates project collaboration

Once you understand the dynamics of use, it really becomes easy to collaborate and track projects.

Pros

Its interface and implementation of boards for teamwork is extremely ingenious, thus facilitating collaboration. The integration with Google Services and Calendars, Slack, Zoom is impressive, it really becomes easy to shape ideas and team projects.

Cons

It is necessary to invest time to understand all its functions and take full advantage of what the platform offers since it is not so intuitive.

This review was translated from Spanish. Read original review

Trello Review

I love how visual Trello is. It's easy to see at a glance where I am at with all my projects and what needs my attention next.

Pros

Trello is my preferred project management system, one that I use in my business as well as to manage my clients' projects. It's simple enough to use yet robust enough to handle high level of details.

Cons

I haven't really explored the Butler function and automations enough so can't talk to that aspect of Trello.

Your fist step into task management software

Very easy to use, friendly and intuitive interface and lots of features to collaborate and personalize your boards. Good price for the money and decent support team.

Pros

We love the visual aspect of it: different boards let you appreciate each project individually. You can go and modify the order of the elements or give priority to some task by putting it on top. It's a very basic and easy to use software.

Cons

If you have a big project, Trello is not the answer. This software is aimed mostly to small operations and small creative agencies. If you need to track software development, this is not the best choice.

A good task manager for small teams

I use Trello to manage the tasks of my part time workers, especially as we are working remotely. I am able to set up projects for the via cards and add any resource material they might need.

Pros

I can use this to manage the task of several workers at the same time. Each of my employees have a board and I am able to add tasks to the board directly from my email. In that way, I am able to take things off of my to-do list because I know that the task is captured somewhere else and the job will be completed.

Cons

I often have a difficult time building out a project in a way that makes sense to me. We use this much less for large project and much more for smaller individual tasks. I also wish there was a easier way of styling the cards. I have attempted to use the Trello code in the cards but unless you use them frequently, you have to relearn them all over each time.

Golden standard for kanban boards

Trello has helped my jumpstart new projects with multiple teams across different industries, organize my work and personal life, and organize knowledge spread across different continents.

Pros

Trello boards are the go-to place to start a small to medium project planning and execution process. The product is intuitive and easy to use. Although the team added so many features over the last few years, it's not too cluttered. Great mobile app support including offline. Vast array of interconnectivity and 3rd party apps.

Cons

Sometimes could be slower to load and heavy on older computers. Older APIs like IFTTT are not maintained well (e.g. queries would be a welcome addition). iOS shortcut support is also clunky (querying open tasks).

I SWEAR by Trello

Pros

Trello is the perfect software for tracking, planning, and anything else you need. I currently use Trello for project management, marketing, content bank creation and organization, to-do lists, and so much more. I use Trello multiple times a day for almost every aspect of my business. It is easy to use, easy to share with others on your team, and fast too! I’ve used some project planning tools in the past that are so slow and I can confidently say I don’t have that problem with Trello.

Cons

Trello is very much what you make of it, and it has a bit of a learning curve to begin with. I would recommend new users start with a pre-made template and work from there as it helps get you situated with the site and it’s features

Trello is here to stay!

My overall experience has been positive, it did what I needed it to do.

Pros

This flexible and customizable app offers desktop apps, mobile apps, and has an easy and intuitive interface.

Cons

Many features require add-ons, including time-tracking and billing. Im a firm believer that you need to really sell your free-mium features before you sell a paid subscription.

Great kanban tool

Overall, Trello is great for quick workflow setups. I mostly use it for simple and/or temporary workflows where Trello's base functionality is enough.

Pros

Trello is very easy to use. Getting started with Trello takes just a minute and you can already use it with your team.

Cons

The base functionality is quite limited. Some features you'd expect from a Kanban tool, you still need to enable through power-ups.

Convenient board of task

Overall I found Trello to be a great board of tasks for the team to manage the workload, project management and follow up on tasks. It gives the freedom to manage tasks and team on the same page and timely sync.

Pros

The best thing about Trello is the feasibility to work and create an environment of tasks and to-do lists. It gives great insight into cards created for tasks, project management, and assignment. Sharing the Trello board is convenient and easy for members of the team.

Cons

Trello doesn't have any feasible backup or export strategies that could reflect version history in case some cards need to be reverted. Trello doesn't also have the calendar to manage the tasks assigned to team.

Trello is the way to go for task & project management

I'm overall extremely satisfied with Trello and hope they do not start going downhill anytime soon

Pros

Trello has been a task management program I've been using for the past 8 months and I love the amount of features it offers, ease of use and how easy I can add additional collaborators to it

Cons

I honestly do not have any true issues with this software you guys are doing a great job

My go-to tool for simple, yet powerful task management

This used to be our teams' primary Scrum tool, and everyone was basically happy with it. When we moved to other software, we were wowed by all the built-in features of the new software at first, but eventually got dismayed by how clunky it was. Trello is the opposite. Simple, quick, responsive exactly where it counts. There are still some large areas where it could be improved, but it is still my personal go-to for task management.

Pros

The best part about Trello is how responsive it is, and across all platforms. It has the snappiest and fastest task sorting speed among all the task management software I've used and still hasn't been beat. It doesn't matter if it's on the desktop app, the web app, or the mobile app. They all work lightning-quick and all update between each other within seconds. This sounds like a simple quality-of-life feature, but this responsiveness is absolutely crucial when it comes to dumping tasks into a list, sorting them between lists, and reordering by priority - which is, to me, the core of task management.

Cons

I don't like how rigid the sizes of lists are. Sometimes I only want 2 or 3 lists filling my screen. Sometimes I want all my lists on the screen. The only way to do this is by installing some questionable plugins that may or may not be paid products, when this feature feels like it should be built-in. Navigating between boards is not as responsive or simple as navigating between cards and between...

King of all Kanban Board Tools

Pros

The power of Trello is in its simplicity and ease of use. Its interface seems light-weight right out of the box. I have used several similar tools later on (after finding / falling in love with Trello - first love, obviously) like Clickup, Taskade and a few others but I find myself always falling back to Trello for its intuitive workflow and simple-to-use features. If you are a solo creator like me, who wants to throw all the ideas into a board, track them with a simple flow like - 'do, doing, done', then Trello is all you need. Go for it, and thank me later!

Cons

Sometimes, they keep changing their approach to their business which I found weird. But that's just me, may be. For example, they used to have Trello Gold for approximately $5 or so but they evolved and brought in different pricing tiers. I miss that but I also understand business models evolve with time. I also didn't like that many power-ups are just trials. Some useful ones cannot be used just easily. It asks for money to expand our experience with Trello. I believe its marketplace needs to evolve too by letting in more free power-ups.

I couldn’t live without Trello

Trello is great and I couldn’t live without it now.

Pros

It’s so easy to use and it’s just going to work for you, if you don’t manage a project in a traditional way you can set up your Trello board however your line to manage that project.

Cons

Getting the most out of Trello can sometimes mean either experimenting and finding the right third party plugin or using the built in tools to get it right. It can take time.

Great free productivity tool to organize eyour thoughts

As a daily routine, I first implemented agile methodologies using Trello. The structure is simple, which makes it easy to understand, as well as to learn how to use it. Columns can be named whatever you like, and as many as you'd like. This is great for structures that are not conventional.

Pros

Staying organized with projects for the week, month, quarter, etc. is very easy with this amazing cloud-based app. With the assistance of Trello, I have been able to plan my marketing strategies, social media use, and video/photography for my colleagues. Color-coded cards and backgrounds appeal to me because I am also a visual learner.

Cons

It's interesting that Trello works better for some people than it does for me, even though I've collaborated with people who use it, and they raving about it. Trello's organization in rows and cards does not easily translate to my mind, even though it's very simple to use and very powerful. My brain finds it much easier to follow my own filing system outside of work, this is why I have made one by myself.

Trello Review

I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

Trello Boards make work visual

If you have a work that you can chunk into different phases (and most jobs have that), Trello is an awesome kanban style way to visualize where you are at with each client, project and task. In addition it does not only give you that overview, but on everyone else assigned to the board (usually that will be the team working on the project). It was the first software in our company where we managed...

Pros

The highly visual style of the Kanban style boards and the cards are super helpful. It is a great tool to get a birds eye view on all the work going on in a given project and makes it easy to follow up on individual tasks where team members may be stuck.

Cons

The one thing I did not enjoy is that there is no native Mac app, but rather it is all online. There are workarounds (like using a browser based app maker such as Coherence X) but, when the internet cuts out, your access to the boards goes with it.

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature: - it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello; - it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute); - you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android); - you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time; - there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

Amazing resource for small teams, solopreneurs, etc.

I've used Trello for years. Many of my clients use different solutions like Asana and I even moved my own company over to Clickup for a year. We came back to Trello and every team member breathed a sigh of relief. Trello is so much easier to break down individual boards and appeals to those of us who need to see visuals. I manage my podcasts, blog writing, email newsletters, speaking engagements, and even my personal recipe storage is on Trello. It's so easy to grab from the web browser or the app on my phone and I love that you can search so easily even after something has been archived.

Pros

So easy to use Very visual Price is right Easy to add/remove members Search capability is excellent

Cons

Sometimes customer service is a bit slow; it's not easy to set up as a nonprofit to get the nonprofit discount. We had to go back and forth but eventually got it set up.

The most practical kanban you've ever used

The experience is great, trello is very fast and stable, and the interface is very simple and clear and there is no difficulty in getting started.

Pros

Starting to use trello is practically instantaneous, you create the steps, your first cards and already start moving. Tags are very useful too. It's also very easy to add more people to your team and start collaborating. I also love checklists and file uploads.

Cons

I really miss more automatic reports and time tracking on cards. It would be nice to have some dashboard with cards moved by day/week/month and also being able to see by user. I believe this would engage people a lot more to use it.

This review was translated from Portuguese. Read original review

Great tool for team management

As referenced over, my group can't finish our assignments until the past group has finished theirs (information the executives and request composing). Trello is my most-utilized programming, we use it across my whole POD, and across every division too. It helps ensure that nothing escapes everyone's notice and that different groups aren't being held up pointlessly

Pros

Trello is extraordinary, it's easy to utilize, and has heaps of cunning UX gadgets that make following and refreshing errands a delight. We use it frequently inside our association at whatever point something needs "putting together quick" - we're not hoping to follow the advancement of the whole task through Trello, however an intermittent breakout. We've regularly utilized Trello to gather together...

Cons

As a client who have insight on both free and paid forms, regardless of whether I made a decent attempt, I was unable to discover any entanglements of this application

Great software for remote working

Overall experience with Trello is very positive. It is the perfect tool to work remotely and as a freelancer I can collaborate with different clients on the same programme, just switching through different boards. It has great functionalities and even a lot more potential that I need, so it is good to know that there's room for me to expand my workflow even further. There are some minor inconveniences, but overall I am a very happy user.

Pros

I like that it is free. As a freelancer, I am usually the one that is completing the tasks and not managing boards, therefore, most of the times that is all I need. My clients use the paid version, which provides more versatility and bigger file uploads. I like that paid and free can still collaborate with no disruptions. This is a perfect product for remote work collaboration. I think the options to colour code the tasks is great, I use it to mark work in progress and completed work. I am also a very visual person, so cover photos are perfect. I create artwork and it is so much easier to find the task I am looking for by the image, not by the title.

Cons

I think notification panel could be improved. I don't really like how its laid out, it's quite overwhelming. Also, there is no option to delete a board , only to archive it. Sometimes you need to just delete things and that should be an option. But the archive button is my biggest pet peeve. If you accidentally press archive, it does not ask you are you sure Y/N? It just goes away. And I can never find the archive easily, every time I have to google where it is. It wastes my time, and it could just be fixed by a 'are you sure you want to archive this' pop-up.

Trello Review

As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

An all-around project management tool

Pros

Up until a few months ago, Trello mainly revolved around the Kanban board concept but I have to say that I'm glad that it has added other ways of viewing projects and tasks too. Sometimes, you need to zoom out to take a look at everything, while other times you need to zoom in to a particular aspect or task. Another thing Trello excels at is enabling users to automate repetitive tasks thanks to Butler....

Cons

The one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that, in Trello, communication mainly happens through comments users leave to tasks. I think a different approach, that's more team communication-oriented could be a nice addition.

Powerful because it includes the most important features in a simple interface

I first used it to organize personal workflows and task lists, and still do, but I use it mostly to manage multiple workflows for a marketing team. Our email production workflow is the most important of these. Trello allows us to run multiple projects with approval steps and checkpoints. It's very quick and easy to check status, see what tasks we need to pick up, and stay organized and on track. We have a visual record of completed projects in each workflow, and can maintain assets associated with projects centrally. Most important for this team is the simplicity of the app. Everyone can use it without getting lost or bogged down with unnecessary complexity. Trello has helped us keep production on track with minimal ball dropping for over seven years now.

Pros

Trello feels like the easiest to use and most straightforward of the project management apps I use. It includes just what's necessary and no more, making it great for use by a non-technical team. It's easy to learn your way around, hard to get lost. The organization of boards, lists and cards is intuitive and flexible. Available formats for card contents are just right, make it easy to maintain essential assets, and set up visual cues for status and priority. I like the visual kanban approach, easy drag and drop movement of elements, flexibility of card contents, and speed of getting essential work done.

Cons

Sometimes I have wanted to be able to get a bit more granular with subtasks, but I think rather than seeing the limitations of Trello as problem, the relative simplicity is its greatest strength. If a project calls for more layers I'll choose a different app.

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.