HubSpot CRM Reviews

User ratings

4.5

3.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.55/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The comprehensive database, the intuitive tools, the ease of deployment - all of these are appreciated about this product.

It is popular and used by a few other businesses that we know, so we considered it and the functionality is good.

CH

Cherie H.

Love the email tracking and wonderful having contacts all in the same place. As a solopreneur, it is like having a virtual assistant.

Also, there is a hard limit of 1,000 custom fields, which is not something you can even buy more of, which in my opinion is a severe limitation.

ZP

Zach P.

Lack of industry specific columns or trackers. Lack of customization to suit the needs of the industry I was in.

Ryan C.

There have been multiple times where we lost data and data was unretrievable.

HubSpot CRM users...

Microsoft Excel-logocaret
+ 9

Microsoft Excel

Compare both
How would you rate HubSpot CRM?

3,203 reviews

Andrew B.

Director of Sales

Insurance, 11-50 employees

HubSpot CRM User Review

Transcript

Andrew B.: Hello, I'm Andrew. I work as a director of sales for an international insurance company, and...

Look No Further!

Transcript

Harrison W.: Hi, I'm Harrison. I'm a risk advisor in the insurance industry, and I give HubSpot a five...

Easy to Use Popular CRM for Small Businesses

Hubspot CRM is an awesome CRM that I have set up for many of my clients with small businesses. It is easy to deploy, implement and maintain. It is also easy to teach to clients and there is low learning time. While not the most powerful CRM, it is surely the best CRM for small businesses. I highly recommend Hubspot CRM to every small business.

Pros

The best thing about Hubspot is that it's a very popular CRM software so if you run into any problems - you can easily find someone to help you. Also, there are a lot of tutorials available online from where one can easily learn Hubspot CRM. Another thing that I like very much about Hubspot CRM is that it has a free plan which can be highly beneficial for small businesses and startups. Even the free...

Cons

There aren't many advanced features available with Hubspot CRM so it may not be very useful for large businesses. Also, there is a free plan and there is quite an expensive plan - I wish there was something in the middle as not everyone can afford it. However, one can start with a free plan and move to a paid plan when needed so that's a plus.

Best CRM for small businessess

Overall this is by far the best and easiest system to implement in a small business. It allows us at a low cost to track leads, manage contacts, and close deals.

Pros

HubSpot is easy to deploy and setup. I like that you can upload an excel spreadsheet with all your contacts and companies into HubSpot which allows the data to be quickly synced. In addition there are a lot of integrations available for various commonly used business software with HubSpot such as WooCommerce and WordPress.

Cons

There are some features that are limited or not available depending on your level of membership plan.

Good for firms that need a first CRM

Pros

It is helpful for the essentials of CRM functions with Sales teams that are just starting out.

Cons

It does not have the ability to scale with the company to operate at scale outside of the marketing platform.

HubSpot: A Swiss army knife that costs less than an arm and a leg, initially

My experience has been great with HubSpot. The Free and Starter plans offers excellent values and functionalities. Instead of piecing numerous SaaS bits together, HubSpot is a one-stop shop that is backed up by a reputable company and a lively ecosystem. Its knowledge base is vast and I can usually find solutions on its FAQs or HubSpot Certified Group on Facebook. You cannot reliably claim that about other niche platforms.

Pros

I got introduced to HubSpot via its Academy, which truly has excellent educational content. HubSpot brilliantly uses its extensive knowledge base to attract prospects. As part of the InBound Sales certification course, I started using its CRM and gradually expanded to other service offerings, such as the self-service scheduling and chatbot services. What HubSpot does better than its competitors is the seamless integration between the mega modules (Marketing, Sales, Customer Service, CMS and Operations). You can start with as few/many modules as your organization needs.

Cons

The Starter Plans are cost-effective ($0 to $45/month) but shoot up astronomically as you scale up to Professional and Enterprise tiers ($360+/month). A more economical tier between Starter and Professional would better serve the SMBs.

Best CRM for small business

With Hubspot my company was able to create new sales funnels, improve comunication process and undestand how is the best way to interact with your customers. It gives us a lot of insights, not only with new clientes but also with our own inner workflows.

Pros

Lead management and ticket system are the two most useful features from Hubspot.

Cons

I would love it to have WhatsApp business integration

Hubspot Works!

Hubspot CRM is a value part of our sales and marketing. The features helps with every step I recommend Hubspot to anyone. They even have a free feature to help you understand how it works. The money spent on this program is worth it.

Pros

My team has been using Hubspot for year. Hubspot makes finding qualified leads easier. The features help with every step in the sales pipeline. Lead capture, email marketing, engament tracking, and intergrateing it with my team was a snap.

Cons

Maybe little more calling prospect time. However this is still not bad but couod be improved.

Good but expensive

Overall good experience, customer support is included and I never have to wait long if I call in

Pros

Solution works well if you use it as intended and for everything you can

Cons

Solution has limitations requiring processes to be adapted to system

Easy to use, full-featured, powerful

I started using HS for my contact management and rapidly adopted it as a complete lead management solution, tracking all the actions (inbound and outbound) involving my customers, leads and prospects. I also use it for periodical email campaigns and it allows to monitor the results in a clear and simple way.

Pros

It is really easy to use, with a clear and comfortable interface, plugins to connect to email account (web, Outlook) and integrations with a hug number of external services (Zapier and the like).

Cons

There's no mobile app, and this could be limiting in certain cases (especially for contact management)

Very expensive CRM with complex features

We were struggling to find a good CRM with streamlined architecture. That's when we used HubSpot.

Pros

It has covered everything, has left no stone unturned. Whatever you need it is there. They have put a lot of effort in making this for 'EVERYONE'.

Cons

While making this for 'EVERYONE' they have bulked up it so much that many of the features are just useless for most of the users. It can be streamlined.

HubSpot CRM review

Satisfied with our experience using HubSpot

Pros

Easy to integrate, delivers good value for the money spent

Cons

Online and mibile apps needs to be improved further

Great CRM with great capabilities and features

We wanted a CRM in place for managing all our contacts and leads, Hubspot has helped us with managing all of our sales pipeline and conduct marketing activities as such as delivering great emails, landing pages and automate marketing activities.

Pros

Lead management is the best part for us managing all the leads based on the lead scoring model in place. The CRM helps us manage our sales pipeline very effectively and helps us identify interested opportunities.

Cons

This is a general one but it is expensive to use Hubspot for all small and medium size businesses, and also the reporting is quite basic.

HubSpot is Awesome!

Bad things aside, I genuinely love this product, so much that it is a running joke at my work. It is such a powerful tool that can do so much. I could write about everything it does and can do, but I don't think there is enough space here. So in short... I highly recommend HubSpot.

Pros

It is an incredibly powerful CRM, Marketing, Sales and Service tool. It can integrate easily with many platforms including Mailchimp, Shopify and WordPress from its extensive app marketplace. The software is also incredibly easy to use and it gives you a clear overview of your leads and clients as well as allowing you to store quotes, files, emails... basically, everything about your lead/client in one easy to access place. The workflows is another amazing tool as it allows you to easily set up an automated marketing funnel for each new lead. I prefer their workflow creation tool, to that of Salesforce, whose automations takes a while for my brain to understand. The HubSpot Academy is another amazing feature that teaches you about almost any aspect of growing your business.

Cons

I only have a few issues with the program. 1) As of date there is no recurring task option yet, so you can't for example set up a reminder to call a client every week for example. I do know that they are busy working on this though. 2) The pricing model is a bit steep, you can either go with the "cheap" plan, which gives you limited features or the "expensive" plans which allow you access to all the awesome features. There is no mid-tier plan for a company that finds the starter plan to limiting and who cannot yet afford the professional or enterprise plans. an example at the time of writing: the marketing hub costs $20 per month for the starter plan and then jumps to $800 per month for the professional plan.

Perfect for our startup

Brilliant, the fact that we can start on a free plan and do so much makes us think that hubspot could be a really good long term partner for us.

Pros

We love the fact that hubspot enables us to keep a track of all our clients in one place. Not only that but it is free. The ability to import data from excel files allowed us to upgrade our database from google sheets and combined with hubspots internal database elevated the amount of info we had to hand on our clients, taking it to the next level. We also love the fact you can create custom fields to the CRM and different views for different users.

Cons

To be honest there is very little not to like with hubspot, in terms of the various software we use, this one takes a little more time to implement and adopt, however once customized to your requirements it becomes way easier to use.

Easy, Simple and Affordable (as far as CRMs go)

Great. My recommendation would be to invest a few hours reading and watching HubSpot academy to understand how Lead Management and Deal Tracking works, set-up your dashboard the best you can and then go from there. Diving into without the initial investment will lead to a jumbled mess. HubSpot gives you a lot of powerful tools and features to help with the initial set-up

Pros

HubSpot is one of the few CRMs you can pick up and use without professional help. Using only their videos and articles, you can get a simple, powerful and FREE CRM set-up. The set-up does take time and patience but it's possible. Contrast that vs. Salesforce and other CRMs which I've found to be basically impossible to use for a starter CRM.

Cons

HubSpot's email integration is powerful but it's task management / reminder features could use a lot of work. I can't complain too much since it's free. HubSpot's pricing is also confusing since there are so many features and bundles to choose from. It's especially confusing since they also offer marketing services. Also the dashboard isn't the most intuitive to set-up. All of these above comments are on an absolute basis. When compared to other CRMs I found HubSpot lightyears easier.

Good value

HubSpot has worked well for us as far as contact management. With our sales and marketing team emails tied to the software, we are able to capture communication to all of our customer contacts. The only issue is that if other individuals are copied on a communication, they are automatically entered in our CRM. We could certainly turn that feature off, but then there is the issue of if sales/marketing would remember to log the important things or if they would get in the habit of not logging anything at all.

Pros

The biggest priorities for us when we implemented HubSpot in our company were to be able to realize revenue to marketing activities as well as have a better forecasting method for our sales team.

Cons

The biggest con for us is that we clearly stated we needed to be able to tie revenue back to marketing activities. This function is possible with the platform sold to us; however it is very manual. In order for us to have the automated version that we requested, we would need to pay a significant amount more than we currently are. This was a mistake made on the part of the salesperson and we were offered a discount to enable the feature; however it is still very costly so we are performing this task manually at the moment.

The go-to-CRM for startups growing from small to medium fast

An exceptional CRM. There is a reason why it stands out as the leading CRM tool for SMBs. Value for money can get a little expensive. However, it probes worthy after using the extensive suite of features.

Pros

Hubspot is effortless to set up and intuitive to use. It counts with a vast array of features although it doesn't get overly complicated. Its B2B library is extensive and you can find plentiful resources to learn about B2B sales and marketing

Cons

I wished its automation and reporting tools were more developed. The workflow feature does provide automation capabilities, however after entering into some depth, it eventually falls short.

Easy and cost efficient way to get started - solid functionality

Overall HubSpot was an easy and free way to get started with a CRM. Salesforce is expensive and may not be necessary at the outset, HubSpot is a way to address all issues a salesperson needs when getting started without having to worry about cost, a key issue at the time of your company formation.

Pros

Cost is great, free to get started with a low number of users. It actually delivers high value overall regardless of cost. The system has a wide variety of functionality, yet is well thought out. The way the deal pipeline is constructed allows for the flexibility in how you can label and name your deal stages and how many you want to create. The drag and drop interface is intuitive, but a little slow. Fields for individual users were customizable and overall HubSpot allows for a lot of flexibility.

Cons

Managing the deal pipeline can be cumbersome, difficult to read the titles of the deals when there are many of them, and the responsiveness of the platform could be improved a bit. The drag and drop isn't always responsive and can be very slow.

Awesome CRM for Small Business

Overall good experience with lots of features that I use to keep track of different lists of contacts and touch points.

Pros

Easy to import contacts and create lists based on type of contact or type of connection. I like using this feature for organizing my contacts. I also like that I can add other users so that I can see the chronological timeline of all contact points without having to interact with the employee. Able to send emails out to specific lists easily and quickly.

Cons

Challenging to use at first and I had to google a lot to figure out how to use all the features. Issues with importing and not seeing all of the information but was about to troubleshoot on my own. Not super intuitive to start out.

Super easy to use

Pro:Marketing, sales, customer service - these are the three main pillars of HubSpot. The live chat tool in the service area is not only easy to set up and manage, it also offers chat bot features that help you improve the customer experience on your website. The paid version of HubSpot also adds more options to the live chat tool, allowing you to customize it to meet your needs. Now for the negative: Since HubSpot CRM is still relatively new compared to other major CRM vendors, not all functions and features are fully developed yet. However, there is good news here as well: HubSpot regularly launches updates and strives to constantly develop its platform.

Pros

Start using free, and scale up as you grow, that is relaxed HubSpot's sales tools reside in your inbox (Gmail an so on), so you don't have to switch back and forth between different windows and can get your work done faster. By connecting your email account to HubSpot, you can send and receive emails to and from all your contacts directly in their HubSpot contact record.

Cons

It very well may be seen that the product was brought into the world in the USA. On the off chance that, for instance, leads are consequently moved to Hubspot and the information is enhanced, then, at that point a few names become something different or the designing of the telephone numbers isn't completed effectively. We have essentially deactivated this capacity and make the leads physically or incorporate them by means of structures.

HubSpot CRM is excellent but they are modulizing features out, making it less powerful

I've brought HubSpot CRM to four different companies so far, but I am getting frustrated about how often HubSpot keeps trying to remove functionality and making me pay for this and that over and over to use basic functionality should not cost more.

Pros

HubSpot is excellent for small companies, especially if you can get the startup discount for 90% off for your first year. The system has a lot of power and plugs pleasantly into a lot of the coolest, best products (gmail, Slack). The system's Contacts and Companies systems are well-done and extend pleasantly into other parts of the platform.

Cons

HubSpot needs to stop removing features and putting them into new licenses that cost more money. I realize they need to make money but they're turning it into this nickel-and-dime situation that makes the system more complicated. It's starting to feel like a bloated mess like Saleforce. I think someone nimble is going to come in and outdo them if they aren't careful.

A solid tool to get started with CRM

Using HubSpot CRM in my business has been crucial because it has enabled me to have a better understanding of what's happening. There's a database of contacts I can nurture, a sales pipeline that shows me what's happening and tasks that make sure that no more leads fall through the cracks and that no more deal opportunities are lost because they aren't being pursued. I highly recommend HubSpot CRM to someone who's just getting started with Customer Relationship Management or even a small business owner that want to leverage a sale to manage leads and the sales pipeline and who wants to do so on a shoestring budget (since the tool is mostly free).

Pros

I really liked the fact that HubSpot CRM is relatively easy to use. The navigation between its different sections and features is smooth. The sales pipeline section lets you visualize what's happening at each of your stage pipeline, while sale forecasting shows you how much you'd be making if you were to close X deals. Plus, there's the smartphone app: an excellent way to keep track of things and carry out tasks even when you're on the go.

Cons

The main con of HubSpot CRM, which is also true to other "freemium" tools, is the fact that certain features are only available in the paid plan(s). That's not an issue itself but the fact that the paid plans don't cost $10 or so each month but much more than that, may lead a user facing the question 'Do I want to invest that kind of money or should I look for a more inexpensive option?'

A potentially excellent business suite that is hobbled by its numerous pay walls.

Hubspot has a great starter plan that resembles the software mechanics of "free to play" games. The user interface, integrations, email marketing, contact tracking are all top-notch. As long as your contact list is small, your email marketing frequency is sparse, and you don't need automations, you are good to go. However, as your business grows, your contact list will swell up, your email marketing...

Pros

The email marketing tool is very robust, almost as good as Mailchimp (but falling short in design options). The ability to upload PDFs and other documents brings two benefits: not having to re-edit permalinks when you do file changes and, most important of all, tracking. Hubspot allows you to track document opens, which is useful to measure lead engagement and segment further. The service ticket...

Cons

The amount of emails you can send is directly related to how many contacts you have. If you send a lot of them per month, you will need to increase your contact list to twice of what you have, just to be able to send more marketing campaigns. Business who send heavily segmented mails depend on this for dear life.

Easy, adaptable and scalable

Overall love it. I have used various CRM's (Sales Force, Netsuite, ActiveCampaign, Piper Drive and Cooper) and hands down I love HubSpot the best.

Pros

Bottom line it can work for a solopreneur all the way to a global enterprise. The ability for it to scale with you as your business grows is a big plus. Don't all CRM's do this? Some do but the difference with HubSpot CRM is it is made simple and built in away that you can use it out of the box without overwhelm but can also scale it to complex scenarios that work for your organization. Many CRM's I personally find are too complex initially and don't enable the user to get the most out of the features they should be using. As my title says "easy, adaptable and scale." HubSpot delivers on these and are the key aspects of what I like the most about the software.

Cons

Let's be clear there is no perfect product out there and they all have their pros and cons. Some of least favorite parts about HubSpot CRM: - Contacts vs. Company data and not being able to sync information across all properties (I have written many complex workflows to try and solve for this its just a lot of work and you have extra properties that don't make sense to have). - Not being able to...

Nothing compares to HubSpot

The overall experience with HubSpot is such that I've tried to get it implemented company-wide! I preach HubSpot whenever the opportunity arises! It's all so very smooth, connected and automatic, and it saves me time every day so I can focus on selling and not as much on administrating.

Pros

Aside from the overall ease of use, I love that HubSpot connects with my Outlook and automatically logs and tracks emails. And that I get notifications on my phone when an email is opened. I can then call that person at that time while I'm on their mind, and my HubSpot app automatically logs the call and gives me a chance to jot a few notes too. Or perhaps they open the email and click the link to my HubSpot meeting scheduler...even better! It's all so blessedly interconnected and automatic!

Cons

I wouldn't say the task manager is bad, but sometimes I wish I had the ability to prioritize tasks..

Top-quality CRM with excellent features, just make sure everyone is on board

Overall, HubSpot has been an INCREDIBLY positive experience for us. I won't lie and say there haven't been frustrations, but there are always going to be frustrations with switching software or implementing new processes. Ultimately, HubSpot has helped us bring our processes forward in a wonderful way, and their support is truly, truly superior to any other product support I have ever received.

Pros

To HubSpot's credit, their CRM functions really quickly and its basic features have a very short learning curve -- we onboarded our sales teams in multiple parts, with inside first followed several months later by outside reps. The main CRM we used before HubSpot was Microsoft Dynamics, and we are still significantly based there, but I attribute the positive reception of a new (and dramatic) software shift to HubSpot's ease of use and quick accessibility of prospect information.

Cons

We've run into a similar problem several times due to our industry being so niche (and therefore, the information we collect tends to be highly customized). We have needed to organize and implement quite a few custom fields, which GENERALLY HubSpot's CRM is very good about -- however, there are some significantly important fields that cannot be changed at all, even by HubSpot. We also have had some issues with company associations -- if your prospects work in an industry in which one company can have multiple locations (and the distinction matters), HubSpot's CRM does not lend itself well to that at all.