Odoo Reviews

User ratings

4.1

• Likelihood to recommend8.09/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

We are implementing the Odoo software and the customer service is amazing. Our team leader, she is extremely helpful and intelligent, asking all the right questions to serve our specific needs.

kb

kim b.

It's great to work and develop on Odoo, it's impressive how fast odoo is growing. Maybe is good to create LTS release for big customer to have more than 3 year of support.

This is a great program for usage in terms of getting all aspects of your business together in terms of important platforms like inventories etc.

RS

Raj S.

Many errors in Multi Company, bad interface between electronic accounting from México and multicompany functionality. Hard to develop reports, the product need a similar as Crystal Reports from SAP.

Oh well, it can but then you suddenly need to pay their consultants to have it custom build for you. For everything they start saying you need to pay and pay and pay.

WP

Wim P.

The customer support is very bad and we are wasting a lot of time.

Odoo users...

Zoho CRM

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise-logocaret

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Compare both
How would you rate Odoo ?

Odoo is a great alternative

I enjoyed using Odoo in 2021. They have tons of tutorials. Access to experts and a knowledge base for just about everything you need.

Pros

I love that multiple users can use Odoo and that it had many dimensions. Use what you need, don't pay for what you don't need.

Cons

I wish their financial statements were easier to format in the community version.

Buckle your seatbelt, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

The biggest hurdle was the initial implementation so this may be something you would need to prepare yourself for if deciding on choosing Odoo, unless of course you are happy to pay for the support packages offered by Odoo which we found to be very costly. Other than this the system itself is an excellent piece of kit and it has helped our business traverse the gap between startup business to SME

Pros

Odoo is an extremely powerful software. We use the Manufacturing Module and the CRM Module prominently and these have both been brilliant tools that we are very happy with internally. The MRP is excellent at automating our manufacturing process whereby our production manager has only to add orders to the system while the system itself creates the PO's, calculates times and helps us to schedule our work. The CRM for the sales side is really easy to use and browse through and has a very good tagging feature allowing me (as sales director) to easily filter accounts and keep track of leads.

Cons

The initial implementation was painful to say the least.. We stated using Odoo way back in 2015 so this may have been due to our slow uptake of the software how ever I recall that once we signed up as paid users, there was very little support given to set up the system (unless we paid extra for the hourly support..). This was a big issue as we never had an easy way to contact someone for help with little configurations and therefore had to do most of the implementation ourselves. It took us over a year to get the system working properly

Great software, but avoid Odoo direct Implementation

We were quickly convinced that Odoo as a system was going to be the right choise for us and our business evolution. Changing the company mindset of using Spreadsheets and custom independent apps over to a proper ERP/CRM system was a big step and challenge, but ultimately worth it. We innitially decided to go with Odoo's drect "Success Plan" packages to help us get up and running. These are working...

Pros

Fantastic bag of integrated tools from Inventory management, CRM, Sales and Supply chain working together to optimize our opperations. The logical and natual choise for us evolving from a small company into a medium enterprise.

Cons

Odoo's Onboarding team was a total waste of Time and Money and I seriously felt like being milked for every penny along the way. Eventually I dropped them and restarted the process with a local dev company and much better experience.

Hazard

Dangerous software if you entrust it with the management of your company and you do not have in-house experts capable of monitoring the interventions of their technicians on your data.

Pros

Its open source side which should allow others to intervene. But it's a decoy the complexity of the program is so substantial that we have to rely on mafia professionals.

Cons

Pedaudière at the level of the variables to be parameterized Inability to export certain fields without going through the variables. Incompetent internal support service capable of screwing up the database and then offering expensive service packs of more than €15,000 to fix their mistakes. Latest, software deposited on their server and they disable certain features without any request from me, then claim that it was me who disabled them when I have neither the access codes nor the skills. I still have to get a service pack to fix some changes they made. Mafiosi.

This review was translated from French. Read original review

A all in one expensive solution

Pros

Most of the things. Tracking leads is super easy now, because of Odoo. Designing emails is also easy here. More importantly, it's an all-in-one solution. Sometimes you don't even know what is that one feature will make your job easier. Then solutions like Odoo come in and offer you some. That's just wonderful.

Cons

Nothing much really. Their customer care could be more consistent with the replies, that's all. It's expensive!

Good but wobbly after update. with very slow support

Pros

A large number of functionalities intuitive and easy to use once the logic of the ERP and the business processes are understood. Synchronization and time savings for company management, stock and accounting.

Cons

The support is extremely slow, several months (3 to 6 months) to fix bugs that require editing a function or a button on a web interface (which probably takes less than 30 minutes for a dev to fix ). Tickets are treated by priority but they should probably have a second support team who manage quickly resolvable incidents so as not to let certain tickets wait more than 6 to 10 months and more. Bugs are very frequent and can completely paralyze the ERP. With each new update (forced in Saas) new bugs appear. The ERP still has a lot of progress to make regarding the website and E-commerce compared to the E-commerce competition.

This review was translated from French. Read original review

every store should have this software

it great experience I use the software to manage my work since the day I start the work and it's working smoothly I encourage everyone to use it for sure

Pros

I like the way that software understand what I need it just give me the planks to fill

Cons

I like to see more develop in the currency exchange section because prices depend on it so if they and the

Tottaly Great!

Pros

Odoo is a great integrated system that makes you feel like you can do anything with it

Cons

I don't think there is anything to say that he is weak

Good - Needs a good setup

Pros

It is one of the most flexible CRMs I have used. In these case I don't use it directly for my company but two of my clients used it for their businesses and we have a profile to help with analytics and reporting. If the setup is done right, it is a really powerful tool.

Cons

If your setup is not good, you are going to struggle. As being super flexible software, you will need to ensure that you work with a pro or are extremely careful whit the setting if not things will get hard.

Great system for the management of business processes

Overall, Odoo is one of my top 3 software to manage the whole information and processes of the company. It is useful. I highly recommend Odoo in order to keep everything in order.

Pros

It is easy to use in comparison with other ERPs in the market. Additionally, it is quite useful for small businesses and startups. I use it in the processes of marketing area in the company.

Cons

I did not like the experiences that I had when I used the software as sometimes I had some problems trying to custom my menu items.

DO NOT BUY SUPPORT PACK - Outside Source Help

I would say this has been an overall average experience. The pros of this ERP system outweigh the very negative start to using this system, and I cannot stress enough to not deal with the Support Pack system as the level of talent of Odoo Project Managers is low. They will overcharge you and not really give you much more than anything you could have expected from a recent graduate out of a college.

Pros

We loved this for the ERP system of integrating our lead management, supply chain management, quotation system, accounting system, CRM system, and inventory all into one area. We previously had to force together multiple different sites and systems (i.e. Jobber, Quickbooks, Monday/DaPulse) and after many years of growth we simply have outgrown these dated systems and can no longer afford the time to micromanage so many transactions. We also needed automation on multiple areas of our service, which Odoo has been able to provide. After extensive training, NOT FROM ODOO LET ME TELL YOU, we have been able to customize this fairly well to our complicated value add manufacturing processes.

Cons

I have had the worst time with customer service when it comes to Support Pack Hours. Not only were we billed for every millisecond of time, but we were easily overcharged for time as well. One simple email response would take 6-10 minutes of our support park. After asking for a service level document multiple times, they simply have not provided one. They also hid the fact that support pack hours expire....

Do Not Purchase Directly From Odoo

I wish it had worked. We struggeld with the software for 18 months - even reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter asking for help. Odoo does not care about the customer. If you work with a reseller, they are awesome. But we made the mistake of buying through Odoo, installing 3rd party apps and then having tons of programming issues that no one would help us with. Great software - horrible company.

Pros

The software is incredibly eligant. The way everything works together via API is astounding. I can't say enough about how flexible this software is.

Cons

Support. We made the mistake of purchasing through Odoo and not a reseller and everything was pretty much wrong from day 1. All help is predicated on you having no 3rd party apps. The problem is, you cannot run the software without 3rd party apps.

Odoo for ERP, Supply chain, Manufacturing, trading, Ecommerece business

We used it to streem line and for effective supply chain and finance, it helped us to determine those key factors, and we customisely made reports for performance of company aswell individiduals. In supply chain, tradeoff and optimization between shortages and overstocking, cash to cash cycle inprovement made by analysing and bottle necks deteced by odoo. Longterm pending cases, reporting, email notification for a abnormal or overdue, and over amount transactions helped us to manage finance on a well way specially when we were in crises. Sourcing rather than manufacturing analyse by customize odoo, in costing and RFQ is wonderful.

Pros

Easy installation, can be customize as per business scenario, wide support, business features, transaction are supported according to international business tactics. Almost every module available finance, invoicing, quality control, inventory, planning,manufacturing, MRP and DRP. The cross functionalities made odoo awesome, check and control over transactions, users is a powerful tool to control the...

Cons

Customization is not easier, with depth documentation is required, which is unfortunately is not publicised. Limited database server type, it's somehow difficult to configure with existing dedicated database server. Transaction uniqueness records like algorithm for hitting a specific transaction is not being created, i.e on refreshing or by going back values can be submitted twice. Some pages, do not display properly on android app, specially visuals.

Pro vs Cons of Business with Odoo

Overall its good for SM businesses, very effective where you have your own devolpment team. Mostly every business/erp aspect is available.

Pros

Easy to install, every module functionalities available, wide support on google, its good for SMEs, sufficient feature to track and control finance,inventroy,sale and purchase. stratigic,tactic and operation roles are aded in features, you can formulate your busiess needs accordingly.

Cons

Customization is not easy, even less active on github, its not so speedy, modules are integerated mixed with local and internet, it should be either local or inenet, price is higher,customization is also costly due to limited support/devolpment documentation.

Helping companies to be better

I've been using Odoo in some companies as an employee, so I've been teaching myself (that easy it is). I started with some bad practices (modifying the base code) but I've gotten better making my own modules, but now I only use Odoo Studio (highly recommend it). I've also shown the basics of the core to my IT coworkers, and once we understand how the api with python works, we've made wonders. We don't mess with the code directly (only the Partner does) and we can play with all the information with any python module or framework.

Pros

Odoo adapts to the company needs. When one of the owners of the Organization has a question, the answer can be easily be taken from Odoo, by grouping, filtering and in some other cases, by adding new fields to fill manually or automatically.

Cons

As I jokingly say, sometimes Odoo is in a bad mood (when there is slow Internet connection) and Odoo displays an error or makes a rare behavior. But by refreshing the page, most of the times, it gets solved.

Awesome review! Glad to hear you have been making wonders with Odoo Studio, we love hearing how users are able to use the Studio editor tool to customize their platform without having to touch source code (the idea is to empower users to create the software they want). Happy to hear how you have been using Odoo and wishing your company continued success! :)

Use this product to increase your business productivity

I am working for 4.7 years with Odoo Odoo is very good, practical and easy to use ERP software Easy customization that fulfils every clients' organizational needs

Pros

Analysis reports and graphs provide easy understandability User attractive interface Easy customization Fast working

Cons

According to Indian Accounting standards, I think that Odoo has to do more deep analysis and provides the functionality to their end-users for ease of use Also Odoo have to increase types of graphs provides graphical data

Thanks for the great review! We look forward to continuing to collaborate with your organization! :)

Covers most of the organisational needs but need customization as well

Have experience of consulting and over seeing the implementation ( 14 Implementations) of Odoo from version 8 to 11 for the past 4 years.

Pros

1) Opensource and SaaS option 2) Easy to use - Maintained uniformity across modules 3) Availability of Third Party apps 4) OCA community support 5) No other opensource ERP covers Inventory (Product master - ability to handle product variance / Inventory valuation / Landing Cost) and Recruitment functionality like odoo 6) Odoo Enterprise Accounting reporting is a plus 7) Easy to customize or develop new module using Odoo Studio if your an enterprise customer 8) Developing new module even in enterprise will not take much time 9) Partners availability across globe is a plus 10) Having Ecommerce functionality in an ERP is great advantage

Cons

1) Need customization for localization ( Both HRMS - End of service calculation and Taxation) 2) Must to have functionalities are moved from community to enterprise form Odoo version 9 onward till odoo 12 3)Must to have accounting reports moved to Odoo enterprise 4)Not providing incremental update to the existing version is minus 5) Different pricing for different region 6) Document management features could have been better even-though they released few more functionalities in Odoo 12

Thanks for the review Selvakumar! We appreciate the 10/10 for recommendation. Your key points in both areas were informative to read. We like to see the Pros in order to understand where our community finds the most value, as well as the Cons to see where we can improve. Note for some of these (such as Documents management) that our software is constantly being updated and improved by a global team of awesome developers to bring features like this to our users. If you are on the SaaS platform, these features are delivered to you automatically without any need to update or reconfigure (we like to make things simple and easy). Hope to see you at our next Odoo event to learn more about your experience! :)

Extensive ERP for a small to medium sized business.

Having everything in one app is the major benefit to me. I don't have to use different software for Sales and Purchases; for Contacts; fr Projects etc. Another benefit for me is the ability to attach documents to each transaction for tax purposes at the end of the financial year.

Pros

Odoo is an Opensource ERP with a free Community Edition and a paid Enterprise edition. It is packed with features like Accounting, Project Management, Customer Management, Employee & Recruitment Management, Inventory & Warehouse, Sales and Purchase and POS to name a few. I like the Dashboard where one can get an bird's eye view of the status of any task or activity that needs attention. Plenty of additional modules (called Apps) are also available on the Odoo Store. Odoo uses Postgresql as database. It offers plenty of customisation options. Some countries' standard Chart of Accounts are available by default, or you can create your own. Overall a very useful ERP.

Cons

I'm reviewing the Community Edition: On the downside, it has a relatively big learning curve. Setup and initial configuration is crucial. I would have liked to choose between mySQL and Postgresql as some hosting providers does not offer Postgresql. Some minor frustrations is the fact that an invoice can only be created after a quotation, then an order. I would've liked to be able to enter an...

We liked them so much we Partnered with them

All of my systems and customer data are centralized in one easy to use system

Pros

As a former Netsuite and Salesforce partner, our clients demanded more in the form of ease of use, mobility and functionality without breaking the bank. We started off by migrating ourselves off of our Netsuite system. This move simplified all of our daily work lives so much, we brought this solution to our client base. From Professional Services, Manufacturing and Warehouse operations, Odoo was an...

Cons

Documentation needs improvement. Most documents and answers are not centralized but scattered between Youtube, and Odoo Community and GitHub although they have been building a training portal.

Thanks for the review VCloud9 team! We are excited to hear how your experience with other ERP systems like Netsuite has helped to identify key value indicators when doing software implementation. We look forward to continuously adding value to your projects in the future!

Odoo gives you full featured modern open source software to manage a business or any organization.

One of the fastest growing, well rounded, full featured, modern, open source, business, or other organization, management software. * A free community version is available at no cost forever, with about 85% of the features of the paid commercial version. * Very powerful software for organizations of 1 or 2 people, up to hundreds, possibly thousands of employees. * Full accounting including customized...

Pros

No data re-entry. All the apps are connected and share information. Saves so much time and money. Also, you can create your own modules, or hire an outsider to create a module for you, due to the open source nature of the software. Easy to add any of the pre-made apps.

Cons

It can run slow, if you don't take a little time to tune up the server it's running on, and use enough memory, caching, and ideally an ssd. There's a lot of database access happening. Upgrading to the new version is not easy. It would be great if the Odoo company would make upgrading a simple do it yourself automatic task, one click of a button, that would not require human attention for 2 weeks. There's an entire article with more about this on the Odoo site.

Thank you for your review Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Beautiful face very bad customer service

While I was analyzing the system the attention was incredible. I felt really very well taken care of, once I started having problems, the customer service and support area seemed to have lost all interest in us.

Pros

The demo was amazing, incredible, I had an instant love for the tool, the low prices really excited me.

Cons

after years of use the migration was impossible and I had to change from software to another brand because I came to the conclusion that the slow support seemed to be guessing how to solve my problems

Why Others When Odoo Is Here?

Pros

From entering Raw Material into company to sell it as a Finished Product and even after sales, Odoo captures all the information with financial impacts in really nice and simple way. Process of goods receipt and delivery with quality checks are simply stunning. Moreover, it's mobile and web based features are reasons to stand ahead with other competitors. It has all features which are essential for any company, with really simple and interactive user experience and can easily integrate with any third party app.

Cons

There should be more features in Quality Module which are compulsory in FMCG and Pharmaceutical industry. There should be parent Manufacturing Order under which sub-orders will lie, so that issuance of product is made separately as per real issuance OR issuance should be made against Work Orders instead of Manufacturing Order. Speed is also another area which should be looked.

industrial engineer specialized in the business area, project manager and Odoo consultant

It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. Its easy use and the integration of all its modules make it the perfect tool for any company that needs to manage its processes

Pros

It is a complete business suite that allows the management of multiple applications for managing the processes of a company. It has a friendly interface and has easy handling and configuration in all its modules. all applications handle information in an integrated manner. Integration among all its modules that facilitate its usability. It has a very large community of users and with the best support for this type of applications. It has the best prices in the market and even has a free version for small businesses. undoubtedly has the best price quality ratio among all software of its kind.

Cons

because it is designed to touch all the areas of management of a company, it has some areas with some weaknesses regarding the competition such as human resources, payroll and adjustments in the configuration of some countries that do not have a lot of presence in their community. Although it is very intuitive and is designed to facilitate user use, knowledge must be available about the processes in question in order to exploit the full potential of this suite.

Reliable ERP that works for everyone

Increase in efficiency of running my business by 60%

Pros

8 years ago we were actively helping some of our customers implement SAP. I was researching on a better system that is affordable for small and medium business as well. I found OpenERP(Now Odoo) and give it as an R&D project for my team to learn. Seeing the ease and freedom, we implemented it for our business and partnered with Odoo and started providing it as one of our core services to manufacturing/Retail...

Cons

Documentation is scattered across different channels, needs to be centralized. Odoo is still a young company and has a long way to go compared to SAP, but they are working on it.

We appreciate the awesome review Anoop! Glad to hear the flexibility of the Odoo ecosystem is an important point for you. We will continue to make our content (especially documentation) more accessible and comprehensive in the future. Thanks for the review!

ERP:Finance and Manufacturing on Odoo

Good for SME, trade or ecommerce business, efective ERP not any bug found. Finance, planning,porecurement,inventory and manufacturing are integrated each ither aswell seprately installed.

Pros

Every module is available, wide range of available features, modules. Grsphics and web interface is awesome, installation is easier, customization can be made. Secure and remotely access, available in SAas and local server, even can be installed on your domain.

Cons

Customization is not easier, less controll on transaction data. Less controll on authorizations,roles. Management role is missing, can be slower or face bugs for large industry, some issues found in finance like credit limit cant be set.