All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Odoo Reviews

Jaimel R.

Read the full review
We are implementing the Odoo software and the customer service is amazing. Our team leader, she is extremely helpful and intelligent, asking all the right questions to serve our specific needs.

kim b.

Read the full review
The most interesting and brilliant thing about Odoo, is its framework and how easy we can develop using it. Also some apps are just easy to learn and well documented.

Youness M.

Read the full review

Cons

Many errors in Multi Company, bad interface between electronic accounting from México and multicompany functionality. Hard to develop reports, the product need a similar as Crystal Reports from SAP.

Niaz Ahmed R.

Read the full review
The customer support is very bad and we are wasting a lot of time.

Read the full review

Excellent ERP to manage your business operations

We used to use spreadsheets before switching to Odoo and the savings in time and effort, plus the accuracy of the information is the main value we receive. Particularly, the Recruitment module helps us to configure an Application Tracking System, and now, we have visibility over KPIs that before was not possible. The implementation of an extension of the CRM module allow us to customize easily the system to our needs too.

Pros

Odoo provides my company with all the modules needed to manage the business. It is easy to set up, intuitive and the modules are well integrated.

Cons

The Community edition provides a lot of built-in features, but since version 9, Odoo has been moving features from Community version to Enterprise, so I could see some of them, which I was using, unavailable in recent versions.

Pro vs Cons of Business with Odoo

Overall its good for SM businesses, very effective where you have your own devolpment team. Mostly every business/erp aspect is available.

Pros

Easy to install, every module functionalities available, wide support on google, its good for SMEs, sufficient feature to track and control finance,inventroy,sale and purchase. stratigic,tactic and operation roles are aded in features, you can formulate your busiess needs accordingly.

Cons

Customization is not easy, even less active on github, its not so speedy, modules are integerated mixed with local and internet, it should be either local or inenet, price is higher,customization is also costly due to limited support/devolpment documentation.

Odoo: Robust Accounting Software

We have mainly focused on Odoo from early last year to track applicants, manage accounts Receivable, invoicing among other business procedures.

Pros

I like how Odoo provides our organization with all modules for Business management such as bank Reconciliation, billing and invoicing etc.

Cons

For the entire that I have been using Odoo to handle asset tracking, automated quoting amomg other procedures, i have never had issues.

Misleading Functionality

Pros

On first blush it appeared Odoo would solve all our needs. Its secure, in the cloud, appeared moldable to our use cases and support was responsive. But after becoming a client it became very apparent it was more window dressing than anything.

Cons

We were promised that the software could do what we needed as well as be customized to the exact requests we had, right down to certain toggles for custom fields in certain places. We invested roughly $20,000 in their custom development service as well as started paying the monthly fee at $300usd roughly per month. After working with the dev team for months it was becoming apparent that what we were...

Odoo, een ware openbaring als je met andere paketten hebt gewerkt

- Positief, het heeft wat tijd gekost om iedereen op een lijn te krijgen - Als je uit een spreadsheet gedreven omgeving komt ben je de flexibiliteit wel kwijt, dit geldt echter voor alle ERP systemen

Pros

- All-in-one, alle data in een systeem, geen koppelingen, geen download en upload - Gebruiksgemak - Flexibele rapportage

Cons

- Financieel is wel even wennen zeker als je een ander pakket gewend bent - Implementatie tijd, door zijn geintegeerdheid moet je heel goed weten waar je mee bezig bent

Buckle your seatbelt, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

The biggest hurdle was the initial implementation so this may be something you would need to prepare yourself for if deciding on choosing Odoo, unless of course you are happy to pay for the support packages offered by Odoo which we found to be very costly. Other than this the system itself is an excellent piece of kit and it has helped our business traverse the gap between startup business to SME

Pros

Odoo is an extremely powerful software. We use the Manufacturing Module and the CRM Module prominently and these have both been brilliant tools that we are very happy with internally. The MRP is excellent at automating our manufacturing process whereby our production manager has only to add orders to the system while the system itself creates the PO's, calculates times and helps us to schedule our work. The CRM for the sales side is really easy to use and browse through and has a very good tagging feature allowing me (as sales director) to easily filter accounts and keep track of leads.

Cons

The initial implementation was painful to say the least.. We stated using Odoo way back in 2015 so this may have been due to our slow uptake of the software how ever I recall that once we signed up as paid users, there was very little support given to set up the system (unless we paid extra for the hourly support..). This was a big issue as we never had an easy way to contact someone for help with little configurations and therefore had to do most of the implementation ourselves. It took us over a year to get the system working properly

Do Not Purchase Directly From Odoo

I wish it had worked. We struggeld with the software for 18 months - even reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter asking for help. Odoo does not care about the customer. If you work with a reseller, they are awesome. But we made the mistake of buying through Odoo, installing 3rd party apps and then having tons of programming issues that no one would help us with. Great software - horrible company.

Pros

The software is incredibly eligant. The way everything works together via API is astounding. I can't say enough about how flexible this software is.

Cons

Support. We made the mistake of purchasing through Odoo and not a reseller and everything was pretty much wrong from day 1. All help is predicated on you having no 3rd party apps. The problem is, you cannot run the software without 3rd party apps.

Beautiful face very bad customer service

While I was analyzing the system the attention was incredible. I felt really very well taken care of, once I started having problems, the customer service and support area seemed to have lost all interest in us.

Pros

The demo was amazing, incredible, I had an instant love for the tool, the low prices really excited me.

Cons

after years of use the migration was impossible and I had to change from software to another brand because I came to the conclusion that the slow support seemed to be guessing how to solve my problems

Surveying was easy as pie, Thanks to Odoo!!

Sometime, it takes more time to go with surveys, and gathering response from clients. Odoo has helped me in this regard. It's completely a time saver and cost efficient tool. Overall, Odoo manage to reinforce my office work and get the worked done in seemingly less time, creating happy clients and dedicated team at work.

Pros

Odoo survey is the good option for quick start surveys. Before using it, I was in dilemma to choose the right software of my needs, and confused which one to choose, but with the help of capterra, I got to find the right one. The survey tool is a complete time saver, has pre-built questionnaire and other ready made stuffs to make your efficient and less time consuming.

Cons

Odoo survey is more than a basic, unlike similar platforms, just in case you may get puzzled working with it's integrated features, so if you're not used to, you might feel it as a complicated one but trust me you'll be habitual and going with the survey will be lot easier after you use it. If you're waiting for a perfect survey tool for your work, Odoo Survey is the best I could recommend for you. And Lastly -I am not sugarcoating, believe me, that's my word! Try it once, you will get to know its value.

Been using it for almost 6 months and I love this ERP

it makes all y processes way faster and it helped me organize my data. now I don't have to jump from one app to another. I can do everything from the same place.

Pros

what I like the most about Odoo is how everything is connected, I went from using 7 different apps and website to just do everything with Odoo, we have point of sale, sales, inventory, purchase, accounting, website, e-commerce.

Cons

the time it took me to learn how to use it and to training my teams but I feel it would be the same with other companies or even worse.

DO NOT BUY SUPPORT PACK - Outside Source Help

I would say this has been an overall average experience. The pros of this ERP system outweigh the very negative start to using this system, and I cannot stress enough to not deal with the Support Pack system as the level of talent of Odoo Project Managers is low. They will overcharge you and not really give you much more than anything you could have expected from a recent graduate out of a college.

Pros

We loved this for the ERP system of integrating our lead management, supply chain management, quotation system, accounting system, CRM system, and inventory all into one area. We previously had to force together multiple different sites and systems (i.e. Jobber, Quickbooks, Monday/DaPulse) and after many years of growth we simply have outgrown these dated systems and can no longer afford the time to micromanage so many transactions. We also needed automation on multiple areas of our service, which Odoo has been able to provide. After extensive training, NOT FROM ODOO LET ME TELL YOU, we have been able to customize this fairly well to our complicated value add manufacturing processes.

Cons

I have had the worst time with customer service when it comes to Support Pack Hours. Not only were we billed for every millisecond of time, but we were easily overcharged for time as well. One simple email response would take 6-10 minutes of our support park. After asking for a service level document multiple times, they simply have not provided one. They also hid the fact that support pack hours expire....

Odoo for ERP, Supply chain, Manufacturing, trading, Ecommerece business

We used it to streem line and for effective supply chain and finance, it helped us to determine those key factors, and we customisely made reports for performance of company aswell individiduals. In supply chain, tradeoff and optimization between shortages and overstocking, cash to cash cycle inprovement made by analysing and bottle necks deteced by odoo. Longterm pending cases, reporting, email notification for a abnormal or overdue, and over amount transactions helped us to manage finance on a well way specially when we were in crises. Sourcing rather than manufacturing analyse by customize odoo, in costing and RFQ is wonderful.

Pros

Easy installation, can be customize as per business scenario, wide support, business features, transaction are supported according to international business tactics. Almost every module available finance, invoicing, quality control, inventory, planning,manufacturing, MRP and DRP. The cross functionalities made odoo awesome, check and control over transactions, users is a powerful tool to control the...

Cons

Customization is not easier, with depth documentation is required, which is unfortunately is not publicised. Limited database server type, it's somehow difficult to configure with existing dedicated database server. Transaction uniqueness records like algorithm for hitting a specific transaction is not being created, i.e on refreshing or by going back values can be submitted twice. Some pages, do not display properly on android app, specially visuals.

Helping companies to be better

I've been using Odoo in some companies as an employee, so I've been teaching myself (that easy it is). I started with some bad practices (modifying the base code) but I've gotten better making my own modules, but now I only use Odoo Studio (highly recommend it). I've also shown the basics of the core to my IT coworkers, and once we understand how the api with python works, we've made wonders. We don't mess with the code directly (only the Partner does) and we can play with all the information with any python module or framework.

Pros

Odoo adapts to the company needs. When one of the owners of the Organization has a question, the answer can be easily be taken from Odoo, by grouping, filtering and in some other cases, by adding new fields to fill manually or automatically.

Cons

As I jokingly say, sometimes Odoo is in a bad mood (when there is slow Internet connection) and Odoo displays an error or makes a rare behavior. But by refreshing the page, most of the times, it gets solved.

Awesome review! Glad to hear you have been making wonders with Odoo Studio, we love hearing how users are able to use the Studio editor tool to customize their platform without having to touch source code (the idea is to empower users to create the software they want). Happy to hear how you have been using Odoo and wishing your company continued success! :)

Covers most of the organisational needs but need customization as well

Have experience of consulting and over seeing the implementation ( 14 Implementations) of Odoo from version 8 to 11 for the past 4 years.

Pros

1) Opensource and SaaS option 2) Easy to use - Maintained uniformity across modules 3) Availability of Third Party apps 4) OCA community support 5) No other opensource ERP covers Inventory (Product master - ability to handle product variance / Inventory valuation / Landing Cost) and Recruitment functionality like odoo 6) Odoo Enterprise Accounting reporting is a plus 7) Easy to customize or develop new module using Odoo Studio if your an enterprise customer 8) Developing new module even in enterprise will not take much time 9) Partners availability across globe is a plus 10) Having Ecommerce functionality in an ERP is great advantage

Cons

1) Need customization for localization ( Both HRMS - End of service calculation and Taxation) 2) Must to have functionalities are moved from community to enterprise form Odoo version 9 onward till odoo 12 3)Must to have accounting reports moved to Odoo enterprise 4)Not providing incremental update to the existing version is minus 5) Different pricing for different region 6) Document management features could have been better even-though they released few more functionalities in Odoo 12

Thanks for the review Selvakumar! We appreciate the 10/10 for recommendation. Your key points in both areas were informative to read. We like to see the Pros in order to understand where our community finds the most value, as well as the Cons to see where we can improve. Note for some of these (such as Documents management) that our software is constantly being updated and improved by a global team of awesome developers to bring features like this to our users. If you are on the SaaS platform, these features are delivered to you automatically without any need to update or reconfigure (we like to make things simple and easy). Hope to see you at our next Odoo event to learn more about your experience! :)

Extensive ERP for a small to medium sized business.

Having everything in one app is the major benefit to me. I don't have to use different software for Sales and Purchases; for Contacts; fr Projects etc. Another benefit for me is the ability to attach documents to each transaction for tax purposes at the end of the financial year.

Pros

Odoo is an Opensource ERP with a free Community Edition and a paid Enterprise edition. It is packed with features like Accounting, Project Management, Customer Management, Employee & Recruitment Management, Inventory & Warehouse, Sales and Purchase and POS to name a few. I like the Dashboard where one can get an bird's eye view of the status of any task or activity that needs attention. Plenty of additional modules (called Apps) are also available on the Odoo Store. Odoo uses Postgresql as database. It offers plenty of customisation options. Some countries' standard Chart of Accounts are available by default, or you can create your own. Overall a very useful ERP.

Cons

I'm reviewing the Community Edition: On the downside, it has a relatively big learning curve. Setup and initial configuration is crucial. I would have liked to choose between mySQL and Postgresql as some hosting providers does not offer Postgresql. Some minor frustrations is the fact that an invoice can only be created after a quotation, then an order. I would've liked to be able to enter an...

We liked them so much we Partnered with them

All of my systems and customer data are centralized in one easy to use system

Pros

As a former Netsuite and Salesforce partner, our clients demanded more in the form of ease of use, mobility and functionality without breaking the bank. We started off by migrating ourselves off of our Netsuite system. This move simplified all of our daily work lives so much, we brought this solution to our client base. From Professional Services, Manufacturing and Warehouse operations, Odoo was an...

Cons

Documentation needs improvement. Most documents and answers are not centralized but scattered between Youtube, and Odoo Community and GitHub although they have been building a training portal.

Thanks for the review VCloud9 team! We are excited to hear how your experience with other ERP systems like Netsuite has helped to identify key value indicators when doing software implementation. We look forward to continuously adding value to your projects in the future!

Odoo gives you full featured modern open source software to manage a business or any organization.

One of the fastest growing, well rounded, full featured, modern, open source, business, or other organization, management software. * A free community version is available at no cost forever, with about 85% of the features of the paid commercial version. * Very powerful software for organizations of 1 or 2 people, up to hundreds, possibly thousands of employees. * Full accounting including customized...

Pros

No data re-entry. All the apps are connected and share information. Saves so much time and money. Also, you can create your own modules, or hire an outsider to create a module for you, due to the open source nature of the software. Easy to add any of the pre-made apps.

Cons

It can run slow, if you don't take a little time to tune up the server it's running on, and use enough memory, caching, and ideally an ssd. There's a lot of database access happening. Upgrading to the new version is not easy. It would be great if the Odoo company would make upgrading a simple do it yourself automatic task, one click of a button, that would not require human attention for 2 weeks. There's an entire article with more about this on the Odoo site.

Thank you for your review Chris. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

Why Others When Odoo Is Here?

Pros

From entering Raw Material into company to sell it as a Finished Product and even after sales, Odoo captures all the information with financial impacts in really nice and simple way. Process of goods receipt and delivery with quality checks are simply stunning. Moreover, it's mobile and web based features are reasons to stand ahead with other competitors. It has all features which are essential for any company, with really simple and interactive user experience and can easily integrate with any third party app.

Cons

There should be more features in Quality Module which are compulsory in FMCG and Pharmaceutical industry. There should be parent Manufacturing Order under which sub-orders will lie, so that issuance of product is made separately as per real issuance OR issuance should be made against Work Orders instead of Manufacturing Order. Speed is also another area which should be looked.

industrial engineer specialized in the business area, project manager and Odoo consultant

It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. It is the most complete ERP with the best support and the largest community and continues to grow. Undoubtedly the best proposal for small and medium-sized companies because of its relatively low costs compared to all the characteristics it has. Its easy use and the integration of all its modules make it the perfect tool for any company that needs to manage its processes

Pros

It is a complete business suite that allows the management of multiple applications for managing the processes of a company. It has a friendly interface and has easy handling and configuration in all its modules. all applications handle information in an integrated manner. Integration among all its modules that facilitate its usability. It has a very large community of users and with the best support for this type of applications. It has the best prices in the market and even has a free version for small businesses. undoubtedly has the best price quality ratio among all software of its kind.

Cons

because it is designed to touch all the areas of management of a company, it has some areas with some weaknesses regarding the competition such as human resources, payroll and adjustments in the configuration of some countries that do not have a lot of presence in their community. Although it is very intuitive and is designed to facilitate user use, knowledge must be available about the processes in question in order to exploit the full potential of this suite.

Reliable ERP that works for everyone

Increase in efficiency of running my business by 60%

Pros

8 years ago we were actively helping some of our customers implement SAP. I was researching on a better system that is affordable for small and medium business as well. I found OpenERP(Now Odoo) and give it as an R&D project for my team to learn. Seeing the ease and freedom, we implemented it for our business and partnered with Odoo and started providing it as one of our core services to manufacturing/Retail...

Cons

Documentation is scattered across different channels, needs to be centralized. Odoo is still a young company and has a long way to go compared to SAP, but they are working on it.

We appreciate the awesome review Anoop! Glad to hear the flexibility of the Odoo ecosystem is an important point for you. We will continue to make our content (especially documentation) more accessible and comprehensive in the future. Thanks for the review!

ERP:Finance and Manufacturing on Odoo

Good for SME, trade or ecommerce business, efective ERP not any bug found. Finance, planning,porecurement,inventory and manufacturing are integrated each ither aswell seprately installed.

Pros

Every module is available, wide range of available features, modules. Grsphics and web interface is awesome, installation is easier, customization can be made. Secure and remotely access, available in SAas and local server, even can be installed on your domain.

Cons

Customization is not easier, less controll on transaction data. Less controll on authorizations,roles. Management role is missing, can be slower or face bugs for large industry, some issues found in finance like credit limit cant be set.

Future is here...

I am odoo developer and providing customization and the apps to integrate with odoo. Being a developer i feel this is future . The world will recognize its versitality verysoon. Its the solution to all problem at one place. We can summrize it by saying its platfourm where you have to put all your problems and leave it for odoo to solve. Because its builtin app most likley solve all your problems.

Pros

Its feels tricky at first. Butt when you starts using it you will be in love with his versitality.. I like most the control that you can control your stuff at one place. Which is now a days is big prob. You can change optimize and integrate the stuff with very little effort.

Cons

When you comes to cons. It usally feel tricky. Which may make you away from using it. Next you have to putt some effort to understand what actually is going around.

Odoo Hosted is Kewl

I wanted more than "just QuickBooks", b ut, I still wanted it to be simple. Odoo delivers.

Pros

Odoo hosted is awesome. It's features are robust and simple. It's easy to start experimenting for free with new integrated technologies and then turn them on in production as it makes sense econimically as we scale our business. It's high quality open source software written in Python and leveraging PostgreSQL for the database. Personally, I'd love to be a contributor to the Open Source portfolio of features and products (if only I had the time). Also, they have friendly and very knowledgable support staff that are there to help you succeed without any high pressure tactics. They are in it with you for the long term. I can not recommend Odoo enough.

Cons

I don't have any real complaints yet. So far I haven't needed much technical support and things are pretty intuitive (once you start using it).

All inone

Great usability, plenty of apps, opensource

Pros

The fact that all the apps are natively integrated is a great asset

Cons

If on premice with many specific development it’s not easy to handle major updates

Great ERP and the Cheapest of them all

It is Great, Cheap, Easy to use, Easy to Setup, a Great ERP with a lot of things that you can change.

Pros

It is very easy to use, you can see that the uSer Interface is done to be used by anyone, it is easy to setup, and in Timing against others, it is Awesome.

Cons

The Support is Slow, you need to wait a lot for something to be resolved (in Mexico).

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.