Quoter

Cloud-based quoting for technology service providers.

visit website

Quoter Reviews

shannon m.

Socket makes beautiful quotes in minuets. It has a unique ability to give good clear easy to use cost breakdowns between recurring services and transactionable items on a single quote.

Chad W.

Lacretta J.

Cons

Overall experience has been average, the product is let down by the terrible support.

Ross v.

Nancy K.

Be it Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Mailchimp, Paypal, Zoho, Salesforce, and so many more, it is "set and forget.

Neville D.

4.6

A great product for MSPs to leverage online quoting and signatures

We were looking to replace our internal quoting process which was handled by our PSA (Autotask) and Quote provided us not only the ability to make amazing proposals, but with their E-Sign compliance, we were able to fold our electronic signature process into it as well. Now we run all our agreements and proposals through the software making it easy for us to win new business for hardware or recurring services

Pros

Being able to have almost my entire sales process handled in a single quote/email is great. We have our contracts embedded into the templates making it easy for managed services as well as hardware

Cons

The product is being regularly improved upon, but having default text in custom fields would be nice, and more advanced PSA features like Billable products as of right now, do not import into templates so they are added by the proposal which is kind of a pain.

Fantastic and Simple Quoting Platform

Our experience with Quoter has, overall, been excellent. It is cost-effective, integrates well with our PSA (Autotask) and allows us to quickly and easily generate large volumes of quotes. We are extremely pleased with the support, and the product works well for our use case.

Pros

We loved the onboarding process for Quoter where their support team built out Quoter forms based on our existing quote and contract proposal templates. The system is extremely simple to use and manage, changes can be implemented quickly and it's easy to generate quotations quickly.

Cons

There is not a great quote search tool to categorize quotes by company, contact or product category. I would like to see integration with Amazon or Newegg, but that's not necessarily typical. Quoting options are quick and simple, but sometimes I encounter issues customizing the quote line items the way I would like to. For example, i can't have text dividers between quote line items to indicate different sections of the quote. The template quote does a good job of itemizing categories at the bottom, but sometimes it would be nice to have additional delineation options.

Wholesale changes made without notice

While the product has provided the basic service that we required over the last 2+ years, the constant changes that break our business processes, and the general lack of communication, mean we now have no option but to look for an alternative product.

Pros

The user interface is very easy to use and there is integration with quite a number of third party applications

Cons

There is very little capability to customise the look and layout of the quotes the customer receives beyond company logos. Quoter constantly makes "improvements" to the product. A lot of these remove existing functionality and break our business processes. These "improvements" are rarely communicated to us by Quoter before implementation. That often leaves the product unusable for up to a day while we have to scramble to find out what they've changed and how to modify our integrations and/or processes.

Pleased with Quoter!

Been very helpful on support - sent loads of questions, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] can't answer it she puts it forward as a future suggestion. Quick in replying - thank you and well done!

Pros

Very quick to pick up and run with - creates quick and simple quotes that present well to the customer

Cons

Would like to see the margins on a revised quote but this sounds like something Quoter are working on!

Could not recommend this product enough

As the business grew we needed something that would be scalable and save us time. Prior to Quoter we were spending lots of time creating quotes from scratch which was very time consuming and didn't feed into any of our systems. Quoter completely changed our experience and process with quoting which has saved countless amounts of time over the last 2 years. We have recently migrated from ConnectWise...

Pros

The product is very easy to use and integrates really well with our other systems. Pricing was very competitive compared to other products and a huge factor was the set monthly fee as opposed to the pricing per user which worked out very expensive when comparing other products. We have a handful of users which only create Quotes very occasionally and we couldn't justify spending the large monthly fee other vendors were quoting. Quoter is simple but does the job amazingly. F

Cons

I can't think of a single issue we've had throughout the time using it. It works and does the job amazingly for us.

Best experience out of any company offering CRM or Quoting Software. Great Service and Support.

- Eliminates a substantial amount of time putting quotes together - Quotes separate out One Time Fees and Recurring Fees - E-Signature ability built directly into quote - Custom templates can be put together for specific product line quotes - Looks more professional than other quoting apps on the market

Pros

We looked at tested out over 30 different companies offering CRM and Quoting Software. Our biggest need was the ability to be able to send a single quote with one time fees and recurring fees on it with a separated breakdown of each charge and product line (one time fee vs recurring). SocketApp was easily the most practical, user-intuitive option out of all of the different software we demo'd out....

Cons

There's really no cons to speak of. The only negative aspect of this software is that when a customer accepts an estimate from SocketApp and esigns for it and Quickbooks integration is synced the software automatically creates an invoice. While this may be okay for most companies; we sometimes have waits in excess of 6 months before we can install an agreed upon service. Keeping an invoice open for an extended period of time like that could hurt business continuity ratings. To work around this limitation; SocketApp developed an option specifically for our business for a customer to accept the estimate without having it invoiced to Quickbooks.

Ridiculously Perfect.

We have used Socket for over 4 years now. Thousands of perfect, effortless quotes later, we have no choice but to rate this 5/5. If we could rate it higher, we would. The software is cleverly designed, intuitive, extremely stable and keeps churning out quote after perfect quote, with almost no effort, once the easy initial set up is complete. And when I say perfect quote, that is what it is. Perfect...

Pros

Perfect quotes time and again, zero errors. Easy to set up and use. Powerful integrations. Exemplary support.

Cons

None, however we look forward to possibly an App for mobile devices in the future.

We love Socket - Works Great With Infusionsoft

Fast and easy to use quoting software that allows up to produce professional looking quotes that we then integrate into a PDF document. We love the acceptance procedure, Paypal integration is great, as is the link to Infusionsoft.

Pros

We use Socket for our quotes and absolutely love the integration with Infusionsoft. There is a contact lookup feature so when you search for someone's name the Infusionsoft record comes up, and you can apply Infusionsoft tags when the quote is sent and when a customer accepts the quote. The quotes themselves look good and have all the functionality we need to present a professional document to our customers. The Socket technical support is top notch.

Cons

Up until now, the reporting hasn't been as detailed as we would have liked, however, Socket is due to release a new reporting dashboard so we are looking forward to seeing what it will be like.

Easy to use, easy to implement and priced right!

We had a huge issue with standardizing on pricing and adjusting the prices on the fly. We were also using products that were cumbersome to change and navigate. I stumbled upon socket through a web search and the pricing initially grabbed my attention then the features won me over. We have been using socket for over three years and extremely happy with the product.

Pros

The initial setup time and template creation is quick and easy. Copying templates are simple, adding items on the fly easy and the summary section of the quote pricing is perfect. Overall a really easy to use tool that provides great looking quotes.

Cons

The ability to add sections on the fly would be great but not critical. We currently have to create templates based on recipient level and would be awesome to add sections like items.

Excellent quoting software with capabilities well beyond those of other more expensive options

Improved sales efficiency and more effectively integrate quoting into your sales process (especially if you use Hubspot). In addition, provides additional strategic capabilities to integrate with your website and include your distributors.

Pros

This is the only cloud-based quoting program that integrates with Hubspot effectively and handles complex products well. Other quoting programs have simplistic product catalogs. With Socket, I've been able to create items/products that can be easily configured. For example, if you sell a product that is like a car and has various optional features to choose from, this quoting software allows you...

Cons

I'm a big fan of the software. No major shortcomings for us, just some ongoing refinements. On our wish list would be to be able to add items to a quote that are listed as "optional" but aren't figured into the overall price total.

Socket has been great for the last 4 years.

We have been using it for the last 4 years and have loved every minute of it. They provide amazing service and support, and best of all our customers and dealers love it. Because it is so user friendly, we continue to find new products and services to add to our portfolio. Keep up the good work!

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, turn-key.

Cons

Not any that they haven't already addressed.

A stellar product with superior support personnel to back it up.

Pros

Simple - Intuitive - we look for features that would be even more helpful and come to find out they are already built into the Quoter platform. Can't say enough about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. There hasn't been a single question our team has brought to her during an appointment that she hasn't been able to answer and educate us further on the platform in minutes. A product is only as good as the support to back it - and Quoter wins on both sides.

Cons

Nothing we can find yet that isn't an improvement on our old software.

Socket Streamlines OnLine Quoting and Ordering for GPS Commander

GPS Commander provides GPS Tracking systems to commercial organizations throughout North America. As most of our business comes directly as a result of our website at www.gpscommander.com, we strive to make our product and pricing information as accessible and easy to follow as possible for prospective new customers. The GPS tracking business is ultra competitive, so we believe that having a friendly,...

Pros

With Socket, it takes very little time to build custom quotation templates that streamline and automate the process of creating customer quotations. We like the fact that some templates can be publicly accessed while others are privately accessed.

Cons

We really have nothing to complain about in terms of the program, which has been 100% reliable. The management people at Socket have also been very open to suggestions and as a result, we see improvements and enhancements being added each month.

Awesome product! Very Easy to use!

Socket has been awesome to work with. It is very easy to use and easy to import product price books. We are very happy with it and the pricing is awesome for what it can do. the Email tracking feature is a plus!

Pros

The Ease of the Price Book entry. The template works very well for our needs. The support staff has been awesome along the way helping me with the learning curve of making changes in the way we wanted the template quote to look and work for us. The support person i have been working with did a few webinar sessions and we went thru all of our questions and she found a way each time to resolve them during that session. We love the email tracking feature. This was a plus for us.

Cons

I would like to be able to put the website link for each of our products in the excel price book then be able to import them into socket and still have the link be a usable link. instead of having to import, then open each item up, add the link & then save it.

Overall great experience with this software & support. It makes generating quotes easy and fast.

Ability to easily make fast, accurate quotes for our prospects and customers.

Pros

Customer support! Whenever we've had a question, customer support from Socket has provided us with clear, useful, quick and accurate responses. The Socket staff has been very accommodating to our needs along the way. We feel we can depend on them and they are easy to get in contact with. We also like that the product integrates with our Infusionsoft CRM software.

Cons

It's a little bit clunky as far as doing specialized formatting. It was a challenge to add our tightly formatted standard terms & conditions page to the end of the quote; but again, with Socket's help, we were successful in accomplishing it. They also assisted with formatting a specialized cover page using our logo.

the support is amazing, absolutely helpful and fast although we are in different time zones

Pros

My clients get a quote immediately, I have all the contact details and it is connected to my Convertkit, so I am in contact with my potential clients, easy to set up, easy to embed on my website, follow up notes in the system, so we can call them a couple of times and know what we discussed the last time,

Cons

I sometimes need to search for things, when I want to change things, I would like to have a possibility to email all the customers, who did not pay to send an email at once.

And I thought my last quoting package was good...

I have worked with numerous quoting platforms over the years. Each quoting package had a few features that I really liked but never have I experienced a product as well rounded as Socket. The functionality and impeccable support have confirmed this to be the best decision we could have made. Our clients enjoy a clear and easy to understand quotation, the speed at which we are able to respond to quotation requests, and streamline electronic delivery and acceptance. Not only has Socket removed the burden of creating a great quotation, they have simplified the process following order acceptance with payment gateway and CRM integration. Gone are the days of double data entry. Thank you Socket!

Pros

Ability to support recurring and non-recurring products. Fantastic integration features.

Cons

Not being able to change the template used when modifying a quote.

Absolutely amazing.

Looking for a flexible online quoting solution I researched a lot of options, as most of you would. Socket seemed to have everything I needed, so I tried it out. The response time of the sales and service team was exceptional. And even though I only initially signed up for the low end plan, they treated me like a high end client - going so far as to expand one of the data entry fields because I kinda sorta thought it didn't quite suit me. I have never seen that level of customization and willingness to make change - and they did it in about an hour. I couldn't even get my own IT team to respond that fast to me.

Pros

It does everything I need it to (and more), and is backed by one of the best services teams I have ever seen.

Cons

I honestly cannot say - everything that was not perfect they fixed and tailored to me.

Amazing product and even better customer service

I can't say enough good things about this product and customer experience!! From the first moment I started using Socket, the team was helpful, friendly, and very willing to teach me how to use socket to optimize my business. The more I use it, the more I like it! There are so many capabilities to this software so the possibilities for tailoring my quotes/invoices are limitless! I'm very happy that I chose socket and am able to use such an amazing product and recieve such incredible tech and customer support.

Pros

There was the so many capabilities which is exciting because the invoices can be very tailored to your business! The invoice itself looks professional and very tailored to each project/proposal, etc!

Cons

Very rarely there are some formatting issues but these get to the solved quickly with their amazing customer support

Flexibility and Zoho Integration like no other quoting tool

Looked at over 10 quote tools online and all of them did not provide enough flexibility. We did not want to change the way we did business to meet many of the online quote tools. SocketApp has a solid foundation for quoting just about anything. We use Zoho as our CRM and the integration was key to our decision to use Socket App. SocketApp has excellent support, whenever I call I always get through to someone which is paramount for a small business.

Pros

flexibility and integration with Zoho. took me almost no time to generate quotes right away with no training.

Cons

It's expensive for a one person company, pricing model is based upon number of quotes generated rather than a per user all in price.

Easy to configure. Easy to implement. Attentive and proactive assistance.

After years of Word and Excel quotes. I HAD enough! I was determined to find a tool that was easy to initially set up and configure for complex quotes and easy for the sales team to use. Upon first use, I was immediately impressed with their outstanding support and the tool's flexibility. Our three person sales team generates up to 5 complex quotes per day. The Socket Team has created a tool that allows...

Socket is Outstanding

I cannot say enough great things about the team at Socket - excellent, forward-thinking product along with excellent customer service. Socket has truly been a game-changer for our salesforce - it has streamlined our processes and saved valuable time.

Pros

- Deeply customizable for crafting beautiful proposals and quotes via templates. - One of the best Customer Service teams that I've had the pleasure of working with; - Extensive integrations for QuickBooks, CRM, PSA and distributors such as Ingram Micro and Tech Data. - Built-in Esignature and quote acceptance

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike - Socket does everything that we need it to do.

Socket Quoting Program Review

Pros

The cost was minimal per person. Ease of setup was very easy. Day to Day usage from relatively easy.

Cons

Socket has no customization at all. The biggest challenge we found is that each line item would not display its discount. Ex: if MSRP and customer discount was 50% off, it didn't show the cost for that line item. The discount was shown below the subtotal in the bottom of the quote. So if customers needed line item pricing, they had to do math on the individual lines.

Best customer service on the market.

Pros

Powerful 2-way integration with CRMs, examplary customer service, professional looking quotes, easy to use (our salesmen love it) and most of all, they listen to the customers to know which features to add next.

Just what we needed.

Socket has allowed us to streamline our quoting process by reducing time and providing a centralized place to manage the data. The ability to see quote margins is very helpful.

Pros

Easy to manage product list. Building a basic quote template is a straight-forward process. With just a little help from support, you can create a customized template to produce professional proposals.

Cons

Using the search criteria to add items to a quote requires knowing the name (or part of the name) of the item.