Shelf Reviews

Pros

Overall, Shelf has been amazing. When I've had any questions or issues, Rick has been a pleasure to work with.

Chanel R.

Highly recommended platform. I loved the options, customer support, very fast and easy to use, also user friendly.

Nessibeli A.

SARAH B.

Cons

If you're looking for a practical no nonsense tool that manages your informational inputs and integrates them with your your organizational structure and work outputs then look no further.

Paul B.

Dropbox, GDrive, OneDrive it's a mess - not anymore.

Fabian H.

Jared O.

4.9

Excellent resource for maintaining quality control and communication across our organization

My overall experience with SHELF has been incredibly positive. First and foremost the customer service and personal attention has been wonderful. I never go more than a few hours without answers to my questions and they are always ready to listen and work on any issues I am having no matter how minor. I really feel like they take their clients wants and needs into account as they develop updates and the response that I have gotten from my own organization has been overwhelmingly positive.

Pros

This software is incredibly user friendly and I have really appreciated the ability to create separate libraries for all of the different stakeholders in my organization. It makes the navigation of the resource super intuitive for my staff and allows everyone to put their hands on what they need exactly when they need it. The ability to store and share a multitude of different file types as resources has also been invaluable.

Cons

There is not much I don't like about the software but one update that I am eagerly anticipating is the ability to upload and have a master copy of a resource in my organization library and have it replicated in other libraries. This will cut down on the amount of uploads and also allow us to have stronger version control on resources that we use across the organization and across our different regions.

The Best Knowledge Base Software

SHELF has been great! Before SHELF I created a website knowledge base for us to use, noting my website didn't have a good search feature, the ability to create folders, nor the real feel of a knowledge base. Getting SHELF helped us finally step into the real world of knowledge bases, and the work they have put into this web based software is superior. I am enjoying my time with it, and the ease of use of SHELF has made it an outstanding product.

Pros

One of the features of this product is its online! I love the option of having it web based, and not downloaded onto your PC, giving access where ever I go. The Ease of use is fantastic! It doesn't take much to learn, and has the ability for anyone to be able to pick up and use. If you are familiar with social media (Twitter for example) you will feel right at home with the hashtag feature.

Cons

The only issue ive had with the software would be, my agents didn't care to much for the intergration with NiCE Incontact. We tried this and the window would be to small or to big, causing the agents frustration when answering calls. It would always pop up, and the agents would of liked the ability to be able to click it when they need it, instead of the popping up with every call.

Shelf 7 Month Check In

I really enjoy working with Shelf. It's easy to navigate and search. We've had excellent feedback when opening it up within our organization and I'm excited to see how we can grow with Shelf.

Pros

I love the collaboration aspect of Shelf and the ratings. This is how we're using Shelf to keep our content current and it's extremely helpful to view the comments/ratings to see how or if the content is being used. I'm also very happy that Shelf is adding a feature where multiple items can be in different folders as much of our content can be cross-referenced.

Cons

I would love to have more control over the tags list as that needs to be constantly curated and I hate bugging the client rep to do it.

Cloud Based Knowledge Management System

We wanted a product that would help us manage our knowledge better. The product is good , but the overall speed / refresh rate is poor in-spite of us using more than 50 mbps.

Pros

The search features , quick customer care responses and online tutorials.

Cons

The speed and the sense that they were learning the functionalities of the product on the job.

Shelf - a contact center agent's best mate!

Very easy to use, user-friendly platform. As a call centre agent, I rely on effective search results and shelf delivers this on a daily basis. A very friendly, efficient and supporting customer team!

Pros

- Integrated into digital call centres. - Easy to use search with powerful search results - Decision trees to manage complex processes

Cons

Unavailability of a html editor to edit content.

Shelf Partners with OPEX

Great team to work with and I look forward to the next several years of this partnership.

Pros

I love the application, but I really love the partnership I have with my Shelf Team. They have been a great resource for us building this tool.

Cons

Honestly I have not found anything I don't like. It's easy to manage and build.

Shelf is a real game changer

Pros

I use Shelf mainly to bundle internal knowledge and make it available to other departments and external providers. I especially appreciate the versatile and yet simple use of Shelf.

Cons

For me there is no contra in the use of Shelf. Before we used another knowledge management tool which I was not convinced of in many points. Shelf on the other hand has everything I expect.

Shelf is fantastic.

Pros

Shelf is both intuitive and powerful. Adding content is very simple from a user standpoint, and the search and organization tools, such as connected gems, make it very quick and simple for users to find what they need. The recent addition of Content Maintenance, where users can leave feedback on specific gems as they're viewing them, has been an invaluable feature that we've already used heavily to improve our libraries.

Cons

Shelf is very resource intensive, which makes sense as it's got a lot of content and data it has to read and process, but this also makes loading gems take a few seconds longer than I'd like sometimes.

Extremely pleased with Shelf

Overall we are extremely pleased with the platform and support provided. The AI is invaluable and the openness to evolve new features is wonderful.

Pros

That it's easy to use and constantly evolving. Love the ease of making changes.

Cons

really would love to have a calendar, would love more space to describe the gem, would love to be able to identify an owner (not the person who uploaded). Although not a deal breaker.. the overall 'look' of the dashboard is not visually appealing.

Definite Upgrade - Knowledge Management for Non-Profit and Call Center

Our agents are able to find the answers they need much easier, which results in less stress on them and the knowledge base administrator. We can update and edit articles so much faster now, and place images directly inside the articles (which is a huge bonus!). In short, Shelf is a definite upgrade and I am very pleased with it. Also, the Shelf team is great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to create and edit articles. The platform looks great, and it was a seamless transition from our previous knowledge base system. Our agents like this one much more, and we all find the search results to be much more efficient.

Cons

All the features that I would recommend are currently in development. These missing features did/do not disrupt anything on the user side. On the administrator side we came up with a solution that works fine for the connections not appearing in the SSP.

Vital Team Resource- Saves an incredible amount of time and helps foster internal/customer insights

I've used Shelf for over 3 years now, and was blown away at the level of personalized assistance for helping me to set up a virtual company "library," as well as provide me with tips, tricks, and ideas for leveraging the software to achieve multiple knowledge sharing goals. I rely it it daily to act as a collection hub of collaborative information for special teams and projects, and as the best way to allow my team to "be on the same page," and have access to all the most recent studies, trends, decks and pertinent industry articles and data sources. No more searching on shared drives, or trying to figure out where someone may have filed something that contains multiple flavor, channel, food types. Just file, tag and go. It's our internal company "Google."

Pros

I've worked with Shelf for 3 years now, and they are constantly upgrading the software capabilities to increase ease of use, and enhance our ability to use the platform in many innovative ways to both share and find information quickly internally, as well as house best practice materials that we can share directly with customers.

Cons

The one function I could use most would be a "batch tagging" capability, which they have been working on.

Use of Shelf for an Association Member Resource Library

We have been extremely satisfied with the product and look forward to a long term working relationship with Shelf. Our challenges have been more keeping up with the number of resources we have loaded into the site and Shelf provided us with a great tool at the start of the project to help organize our site and the process so that it could be more successful.

Pros

We had a committee of all volunteers reviewing products for use as a member resource library. With only 1 FT employee it was important that volunteers could keep the resource library up to date. We also have limited tech knowledge so it needed to be something that was intuitive. Our committee set up the following criteria and found that Shelf met all of the requirements. ...

Cons

So far there have not been any cons that we have run into. Every time I contact our Shelf representative to ask questions, he has something new to tell me about that will launch soon and address that concern.

This is not a drill: A user case that lead to early adoption

Using Shelf in support of my consultancy/advisory tasks related to the development of an incubator hub in Belgrade, Serbia. Tasks require a lot of information coming in and out and disseminated to a wide variety of management, staff and stakeholders. We have been extremely glad to get our hands on the program. Not only does it support our organizational ethos of trying out new information technologies whenever we can and as they become available, its also been ideally suited and fit for our purpose. Its really smoothed and integrated our workflows and was just what we were looking for.

Pros

Shelf is really easy to set up and get going very quickly and is incredibly intuitive to use. Its a great tool not only for managing knowledge inputs in a wide variety of formats but also for group and task based working. The web clipper is great for capturing information on the go and actually a lot of fun to use. The file permissions system is super efficient for setting up and breaking down work/interest groups. It ensures everyone gets what they need to know and gets a chance to appropriately share and contribute. Its strongly supportive of the informational needs of the multi layered management structure of the organization as well as for disseminating information and updates to its general membership and stakeholders.

Cons

Although its already integrated with the three most important cloud storage sites and we hear more are on the way, we've already become firm Shelf fans and will continue to use so we'd like to see some fast-tracking so more become available sooner than later. We also hear email integration is on the way. Right now and until it comes, it would be useful for user email lists to be generated internally.

Very good and well-rounded tool

Very good. I'd definitely recommend it

Pros

I really liked the diversity of knowledge content one can create. Decision trees and wikis were the most important for us, and we found them tremendously useful.

Cons

The visuals of the frontend seemed a bit rudimentary, and we weren't able to modify or customize them.

Overview of Experience with Shelf

The benefits are agents/supervisors being able to see processes and guidelines in a timely manner to provide accurate information. In addition, we also provide documents to assist with our QA program (i.e steps to a collections call, welcome call, etc). Provides steps to have a better flow and also show agents how to be more "customer centric" to provide better customer service. Assists our learning and development to create training documents, save "good/bad" calls based on call types/scenarios to reference for future training classes or agents that have opportunities to grow.

Pros

The ease of loading/updating a document and making it accessible to our agents. Enables agents to reference policies and processes quickly to provide optimal customer service and resolution to customer concerns. Searching for a document is easy. Providing invites to new agents/users is very simple to do. Creating folders to organize information is simple.

Cons

The issue i have is Shelf may have issues recognizing certain formats such as some PDFs, Excel. Basically, it may not recognize a document that can be updated (i.e. an excel sheet). Doesn't seem to like docs that aren't static.

Our 'walled garden' called Shelf

We were searching for a archiving solution that would package our company's offline and online resources (designs, documents, ideas, etc.) into a value add, easy to find, easy to use tool for our customers. Shelf provided the exact solution. Similar to how Google provides valuable search options, Shelf give us (the originator) a way to package resources and then offer in a secure walled off 'garden' , so our customers can 'harvest' those resources.

Pros

Having a "Google like" (search by tags) generated system of classifying and organizing online/offline content onto one cloud platform is transformational. By allowing the end user (in our case, customers) to search via tags, then find>view>download any and all content relating to our relationship with them, the overall 'findability' and value of our resources increases expotentially. The value increases...

Cons

Still working on versioning, but the workaround works for us.

Great product for sharing/storing curated resources in a complex/large organization

Shelf has been an incredible partner throughout the process. They were willing to work with us to meet some of our organization-specific needs, while also helping us strategically migrate our content to their platform. They've been very thoughtful every step of the way - including our needs in their product updates and meeting with us on a regular basis to make sure we were aware/up to date on their progress. One of the main reasons we went with Shelf was how easy it was to work with them - and they have not disappointed since then. If you're looking for a knowledge management platform and want an active relationship with your vendor (where they deliver on what they say they are going to do), then Shelf is the right partner.

Pros

Features- left-side panel that allows you to see all the libraries/folders across your organization at once; highly intelligent, Google-like search functionality for all types of searches; ability to combine search with a variety of filters; ability to preview a document easily without having to download; simplified permissions structure - allowing you to set permissions for users in groups as well as individually; integration with SSO

Cons

A few key features they are working on to meet similar functionality of Box/Dropbox/Google Drive: - Ability to download multiple files/folders at once - Ability for preview feature to work for all common file types

Intuitive. Ease of Use. Great Customer Service

One thing I appreciate about Shelf overall is customer service. Our account manager is very responsive and attentive to our needs, questions, and any concerns we may have for our company's usage of Shelf. An excellent product is one thing, but customer service to make sure your customer(s) is/are happy is a benchmark of better customer satisfaction. Thanks Shelf for a great product and great customer attention.

Pros

I have used many software products like Shelf, but one thing that stood out to me right away as a new user was the ease of use. The product is intuitive to use and very user friendly compared to their competitors. It is easy to teach for new team members in our company to utilize and as an admin, it is more helpful to have a click-and-point admin control to make swift changes so our team operates efficiently with the most up-to-date information and information flow.

Cons

View-Only and Member Users are excellent and very easy to use and teach. Ideally, it would be great to have more Administrative analytical tools to monitor usage and making sure each member is being utilized to the best user role to function within a company's prod use of Shelf.

User Friendly with Great Features and Functionality!

Pros

The top 3 features of Shelf for CMDW, Inc include Sync, Search and Sharing. Shelf syncs with Google Drive and Dropbox to help users better organize and access files. Once files are synced, users can search for files via keyword(s) - even if you don't remember the title or when it was created. It's quick and easy to drag and drop files or folders to an updated private or shared folder from there (or...

Cons

Used as replacement of our Confluence wiki

Pros

Personally, i love using Confluence but it was difficult to get our company onboard. We needed a product that was more flexible and easier to organize for our company's internal knowledgebase. After a pretty extensive vetting process we selected Shelf because it allowed our team to continue using Dropbox, Drive and Slack while giving us the ability to manage our most critical docs in a centralized place. The features that make shelf unique are it's dropbox and Drive syncing, advanced search and filtered search capabilities, the ability to add additional meta data like tags and badges and the web clipper which enables our team to also use Shelf to capture youtube videos and web articles for training purposes.

Cons

No product that tries to address knowledge management issues is going to be perfect.. Even knowledge managers at our firm have trouble keeping track of information across teams and departments so no solution is going to be a one size fits all. I prefer a wiki method of building knowledge bases and Shelf doesn't yet offer this feature but overall we're very happy with Shelf.

Shelf - It's easy

We use shelf everyday and that speaks for itself! This product, along with it's support staff, has always been a VERY positive experience.

Pros

Like my title says. It's easy! My reasons: Easy to use; easy to maintain; easy to get support; easy to collaborate; easy to find your information; easy to add remove access; easy to create either a basic post or a complex decision tree; easy to see usage statistic. Easy to collectively work together to have a solid knowledge base. I have not discovered anything in shelf yet that is frustrating. I know shelf is working and it's currently the best tool that we've used so far as a knowledge base because of one aspect, our agent are using it and frustration with knowledge base products is non existent.

Cons

I have not explored every feature shelf can offer because of our organization needs, but so far I love everything about shelf.

Shelf - great product for document management and accessibility

I have been impressed with the ease and simplicity of the product. Our team transitioned pretty fast and adopted Shelf as a primary source for documentation. The support / sales team were very helpful and responsive when it came to any questions that I had. We really like the product and foresee it having a long life with us.

Pros

Easy organization. Being able to link websites / videos / pdfs / documentation easily with a plugin. Ability to tag / find documents easily with search feature Preview ability with website. Feedback ability for each addition. Overall look and clean design

Cons

No easy way for version control - minus uploading multiple documents and renaming each update

Thanks for the feedback, including your comments on Version Control. Good news - we've recently released a Versioning feature into the product that allows senior user roles to view changes to a file and roll back to prior iterations, as needed. This eliminates the need to upload multiple versions. Have a look and let us know what you think!

Content Management for Newbies

Pros

For a person who is fairly new to content maintenance platforms, Shelf is very easy to use. Even as an Administrator user, I enjoy the capabilities of being able to track the number of interactions other users have with certain content. The Shelf team also does a great job of constantly making new enhancements to the software so the user experience is always improving.

Cons

Since many features are interconnected, sometimes electing to only enable certain features can be difficult. Because all Shelf features are not applicable to us, we try to only use what makes sense to use, but when certain features have to be enabled in order to get others to work, this forces us to go through additional steps we may have wanted to avoid.

Sifting Through Unstructured Data Just Became Easy

Shelf''s uploading, indexing, and search abilities are the smoothest and most intuitive I have encountered -even among content mining tools. Creating a Gem to contain all of the information I have found on a particular subject or for a specific project enables me to quickly find and access it at any time. No longer must I copy and paste news articles into Word documents and save them. Instead, I simply...

Intuitive and Effective

Overall I have had a great experience with Shelf. The Shelf Team has been so incredibly helpful in the launch and revamps of the platform. They show a true willingness to help and have amazing expertise in knowledge management and provide best practices to ensure success.

Pros

Shelf has been a huge asset to our overall organization of content and process documents. It has improved consistency and efficiency across all the teams that leverage this tool. Managing and maintaining the content is simple and easy with a wide range of reporting available to the administrators.

Cons

I feel that there are some minor changes that could be made to the reporting feature. Nothing major just a few additional reports would be helpful.