Simpplr Reviews

User ratings

4.9

• Likelihood to recommend9.51/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Great implementation team, and a great product that is getting better with every release.

Simpplr is an awesome tool, easy to use, user friendly, modern layout but most importantly fast and reliable. Their customer service is fantastic too.

RR

Rishi R.

I love that it’s built on the trusted platform of SalesForce. It makes it easy to administer as I am already familiar with SFDC and the app management is very user friendly.

SM

Shari M.

Does not work if the internet is down, and we still have problems that have not been worked out by the company.

RO

Rene O.

We also discovered after launching that in-site search bars are only available to admins or site managers. While users can see the in-site search bar, if they use it, they get no results.

AG

Amber G.

Difficult to manage back-end updating of employee titles, etc. in the People section.

Simpplr users...

Joomla-logocaret

Joomla

Honey-logocaret

Honey

How would you rate Simpplr?

Great Platform for our Intranet

Transcript

Harrison M.: Hi, my name is Harrison. I'm a senior healthcare recruiter. I rate Simpplr four stars out...

Great product and a must have at all companies

We have used Simpplr for over 3 years and are happy with this tool. Great job, Simpplr team. You guys make working remotely very easy!

Pros

Simpplr is an awesome tool, easy to use, user friendly, modern layout but most importantly fast and reliable. Their customer service is fantastic too!

Cons

There is really nothing about Simpplr that I can complain about

Quick and easy route to communication success!

We needed a solution to improve communication across our office and field teams - one that would feel like social media to keep everyone engaged, regardless of their technical ability. Simpplr gave us that and a whole lot more!

Pros

Simpplr gave us every feature we needed, and has been adding more great features over time. The onboarding and setup process were excellent, and support has been there for us every step of the way. Our account manager has been instrumental in ensuring that we achieve success, and we have built a great working relationship.

Cons

The analytics feature does not currently support the metrics from users of the native mobile app, so I am hoping to see this added in the near future.

Simpplr keeping us together

Simpplr has improved our organisational communication and ensures that we have a source of truth within our organisation.

Pros

Simpplr is such a straight forward system that helps our organisation stay connected. As a national organisation dispersed across Australia, staying connected is fundamental to our success. We also have a range of users with varied computer skills so Simpplr's simple interface is accessible and straight forward so everyone can use.

Cons

The feed can move pretty fast in our organisation so keeping on top of content that people should know can take some time. The newsletter feature could be improved.

People who've really thought about the problem

Everyone I've met at the company through implementation to ongoing service has been friendly, highly competent, and you can see that the process they're following are well structured and thought out.

Pros

When looking for our new intranet, almost all the vendors told us the same thing: You can ask for whatever you want, and we'll build it for you; everything is customisable, etc. That's been the recipe for every rubbish bit of software in all history. It's also clearly been one of the reasons why people don't use intranets and they fail as ways to communicate with staff. Simpplr were the only people we met who seemed to have really understood this and have built a highly useable tool that looks great as a result. We were very quickly into the high 90% usage statistics, we had a ton of positive feedback from our employees, and we experienced far fewer people not being able to find important information.

Cons

The structure of site and pages could use another layer of hierarchy to organise the content. Being able to categorise and tag things goes some way to provide this but it could be neater.

A cornerstone of our technological ecosystem

Overall, I couldn't Simpplr enough. One of the most important facets of a product for me is responsiveness to customer needs. These guys have always provided fast, thoughtful responses to our inquiries. They even go above and beyond the product itself and serve as a thought partner on knowledge dissemination and internal communication strategies for the org at large.

Pros

Simpplr's native Salesforce application and integration with Box fits perfectly within our technological ecosystem. Simpplr's knowledge management features make it a trivial task to create and disseminate documentation on core processes in a way that's very accessible for end users.

Cons

In the future I would love the ability to do more customization of pages with custom HTML, CSS, and JS. That said, Simpplr has a steady and robust roadmap for new features, so I'm excited to see what's next!

Simpplr has been a great for our company

Using Simpplr as our intranet has been huge in reducing the amount of e-mail that is sent corporate wide. Having one central place to have information stored and shared increases our efficiencies and reduces the amount of back and forth e-mails or saving of e-mails. We continue to learn features and best practices through the help of our representatives at Simpplr.

Pros

What I like about this software includes the ability to customize, organize and manage the way that works best for our organization. It is very easy for anyone to use. It has a very 'social media' feel to it and is intuitive for most users. The support I've received since signing on has been outstanding.

Cons

There are some limitations that we've experienced, but Simpplr is very good about taking questions and suggestions and making upgrades to the product to meet most of those needs.

Intuitive and Engaging

To drive engagement, we used Simpplr in place of an event management application. During our event, we discovered Simpplr didn't have all of the capacities of our previous app. The team at Simpplr heard our concerns and within months, launched new features that will allow us to use the app again at our next major event. The enhanced RSVP/Events pages and the new SMS text massaging capability are amazing.

Pros

From day one, our teams loved the homepage news carousel, engaging "twitter-like" feed for everyone to collaborate, and sticky tiles that permanently hold important information, links, social media feeds and video highlights. The individual sites for each group/department allow others to contribute valuable content without hand-holding or extensive training. Our teammates LOVE the mobile app, and the push notifications we send alerting them to important information.

Cons

Nothing. It's great. The consistent improvements address any concerns.

Great Product, Highly Recommend

My experience with Simpplr was great, it was a little tough getting my head wrapped around the product at first, but once I was able to play around with the software it started to click. Simpplr employees were always very quick to respond to my questions during implementation, always very helpful and kind.

Pros

Simpplr software is awesome, the features are great, it's easy to use and it looks so modern and clean. Our users are loving it!

Cons

There are a few features that would be nice to have, like having all of our branded colors added as a default to the color palette. But overall, it's great software and I don't have much to say about what could be improved.

Excellent Employee Engagement Platform

It took us a little longer than planned to onboard due to some technology integration we wanted in place prior to launch, but otherwise the experience has been great.

Pros

We are a remote organization and were looking to increase connection and collaboration among our employees and simultaneously for a way to share important information in an alternative form than email. This platform helped us achieve both. It has a social media feel with all the privacy and protection required of an intranet. It is user-friendly and the customer experience with the support team has been great.

Cons

We have a wishlist of a few content formats we would like to see added, but the team has been very receptive to those wishes and has most on the calendar for future versions. All positive feedback so far.

Our Company Hub

Every company needs a place to store knowledge and receive company information. This one is easier to use and looks cleaner. Before Simpplr, we have various locations for information: Salesforce, Box, Sharepoint, etc. Now we have one place to go with one search across various repositories.

Pros

Simpplr’s intranet, branded the Hub, is a great place to find up to date documents and stay informed on company news. It’s easy to use, responsive, and always up-to-date.

Cons

I wish more of the company could align on this single employee portal. It’s great to have one place for our critical information.

Simpplr helps build company culture!

We needed a platform that could be accessible from anywhere and on any device without a firewall and Simpplr was the answer! It's an easy to manage intranet and integrates well with our other tools to create and build content with relevant information.

Pros

Simpplr has a modern and sleek look that reflects our company culture. It encourages and promotes employee engagement by creating 2-way dialogue between employees and leadership. The platform also has robust data analytics that provide insight into usage and effectiveness, it’s not extraneous to pull any reports. Simpplr is also available on mobile app which is such a bonus with our distributed workforce!

Cons

There aren’t any that I have encountered yet. All platform issues have been directly addressed and the company is constantly working on new updates.

Powerful tool that easy to use.

I am impressed with the support Simpplr provides. If I have a technical question I can expect to hear a response in less than 24 hours. They release new features each quarter and are receptive to feedback.

Pros

Simpplr's ease of use has enabled conversations between leaders and their teams. Content owners across the organization are impressed with the out of box features. Manage versions, creating alerts, and collaborate with other employees has never been easier. Less tech-savvy users can create visually appealing content using the out of box tools. It is an all-in-one solution that allows for collaboration and sharing of business information.

Cons

At this time there is not a native calendar feature available. This feature has been requested by many groups within the organization.

Easy to use Intranet that creates a beautiful experience for users with access from any device.

We needed a way to currate the most critical information in an easy to navigate way. The powerful search functionality make it's easy to find information and the clean UI makes it visually pleasing and engaging.

Pros

I had been looking for an affordable, easy to manage and use intranet in the Salesforce app store for a long time and then there was Simpplr! It's easy for my IT team, it's easy for our content creators and it creates an engaging beautiful experience for our users. I love how we can share key content with our teams and they can have easy access to key resources, org charts and team contact info in the palm of their hands.

Cons

Our teams were a little overwhelmed with having yet another platform. As Simpplr deepens integrations this will get better. We had to establish guidelines to help our team members know when to use email, when to use Simpplr, when to use Box (although the Box.com integration is very slick!) and when to us other tools (chat, collaborations tools, etc.)

Simpplr Review - From the IT Administrator's Perspective

Working with Simpplr's customer support is great! They are really quick to respond to our questions and concerns. Our customer success manager assigned to our organization is really helpful and reaches out frequently to make sure we are good to go. She also offers advice to help us improve our Intranet as well. We are really happy with them and their high level of professionalism.

Pros

I love how quick and easy it is to make new subsites in Simpplr. I can get a subsite up and running and ready for further customization with one of our site managers in about 3 minutes.

Cons

I do not have anything I do not like about the software.

Great intranet for connecting everyone at work

We use Simpplr as our intranet to improve team communications, company-wide news, onboarding resources, and other documentation.

Pros

Simpplr interface is very user-friendly. Simpplr allows for easy coordination of content upload/management. We’ve had little need for technical help, but when we have, the team was responsive and quickly solved our challenges.

Cons

You can install Simpplr as an app to the CRM Salesforce instance, if you do that, some of your Sales/Service content surface ups to the Simpplr interface. Will recommend you get an independent org just for Simpplr.

Modern and approachable intranet

Simpplr was implemented fairly easily thanks to their great onboarding and support teams. Our employees have adopted it and it has became the one-stop-shop for any company news.

Pros

The modern look and feel is very user-friendly and similar to social media sites. The news feed and social interaction between posters and commenters really drives adoption for users.

Cons

There are limitations in what you can do with Simpplr, so all intranets built on Simpplr will look pretty much the same.

Best Intranet I have used!

This Intranet helped me feel like I was a part of a community from Day 1. Everything I needed to know was in there, and I got to know more about everyone in my team thanks to their profile page. I check my Feed every day!

Pros

I loved the user experience as a whole. As I first logged in, the quick tour feature was enough of training to figure it all out. From there, it was very straightforward. The interface feels very modern and as easy to use as my favorite social networks. The search engine was a major help as I got started. Any time I was looking for something I just typed it in the search and either found a post about it or specific files I needed.

Cons

I just wish IT setup access to all of my apps from the launchpad within the interface.

good tracking software

mostly positive but there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out and it has been a while in the works.

Pros

I can have everything in one place online and eliminate large files in my office helping me to move to paperless and online credentialing

Cons

does not work if the internet is down, and we still have problems that have not been worked out by the company.

Most organized implementation ever!

I work as an internal Project Manager at my company. I support business teams throughout our company with project execution, frequently implementing new applications and working with vendors. Working with Simpplr was, hands down, the best implementation experience I've had. Their plan doesn't miss a step, and made my job so easy. They empower the business to learn and take part in the implementation...

Pros

I think the product is intuitive and fun. It's like social media for work. Our staff was easily able to start using and engaging on day one of launch.

Cons

Honestly, it does everything we needed and more. Maybe it's that on day one all the new functionality options can be a bit overwhelming, but even that our implementation team did a great job preparing us for.

Simpplr has helped us connect our distributed workforce

Connecting our diverse and remote workforce, keeping staff informed, easy to create self-service knowledge base, one place to go for all staff information needs. We have been working with the Simpplr team for almost two years and have received amazing support. We have been really pleased with the product.

Pros

We have a very distributed team across 16 offices and with 30% of our employees working from home. Simpplr is great because it allows everyone to find the information they need, helps all employees collaborate on projects, and was easy to implement (we have a very lean IT team).

Launching our company-wide Intranet with Simpplr

The team from Simpplr could not have been more responsive, supportive and helpful. They were, and still are always on hand to ask questions and to offer advice so we continue to get the most out of the platform for our business.

Pros

The app can be carefully branded to align with our company fonts and colours which makes the platform feel like an extension of the business. The engagement features are also great and it's a very user-friendly and intuitive platform

Cons

More mobile functionality and also the ability to change the 'Simpplr' logo from desktop notifications.

Great Platform

Pros

Having a single source of truth that can easily be shared across teams is a real game-changer for us. It was incredibly easy to create content and to onboard other teams to get theirs uploaded as well. Prior to launching with Simpplr we had business-critical information in a lot of different places, and this tool helped gather everything into one elegant solution.

Cons

Our only real issue was the heavy reliance on images to drive content, as we don't have a huge repository of options for this.

Simpplr made it simple!

It has been great. Our partners at Simpplr have been very helpful and step in to support us in anyway at what seems the drop of a hat.

Pros

The modern look and feel. Our old intranet was quite outdated and didn't line up with our new, more modern branding. With Simpplr we were able to take our intranet to the next level while maintaining a secure and up-to-date collection of content.

Cons

More of a user case here, but I wish there was better ways of staging content for review that wasn't based on setting temporary permission levels.

Happy Customer

Pros

Great value for the price and easy to implement and use.

Cons

No real cons from my perspective. Tool is easy to use and easy to implement.

User friendly platform that promotes org-wide communication and knowledge management

We were having major issues with communication and organization of documentation. Simpplr solved this with it's organized intranet sites and tagging features that help our staff search for and quickly find what they need.

Pros

Simpplr is very user friendly with a clean interface. I manage multiple sites and it's easy to get a site up and running and add content. The integrations with Box and Salesforce have made the tool even more effective for our organization.

Cons

I just wish you could clone already created pages to use them as a starting place for new pages.