Simpplr Reviews

4.93/5 (15 reviews)

Susan Jablonski

Simply Outperforms Anything Else -- Employees Love it!

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Overall, Simpplr allowed a disjointed company to come together as one business to inform, inspire and connect employees. It is the one channel everyone tunes into for the latest company news, "one-truth" reports and data, fun information about fellow teammates, and so much more. The ability to connect people in a visually smart and engaging manner makes internal communications that much more influential in moving the company's culture forward.

Pros
The technology is innovative, easy to use and encourages employee engagement. The ability to garner over 20+ insights, encourage comments and feedback, and provide a mobile experience is priceless. The ability to move at the speed of business is something that Simpplr offers. You can upload imagery, copy, videos and more that is attractive and engaging. It looks like a consumer-friendly site that helps business motivate, connect and inform employees.

Cons
There truly aren't that many items to list. Each time I had an issue, the team was responsive. Updates are super easy and the technology continues to improve.

Shannon Quignon, MBA, CSM

Easy for everyone. Really!

Reviewed 2019-09-13

In evaluating intranets I knew we needed something that would be easy to administrate in the long run and even more than that we needed a product that was easy for our users. Simpplr has an A+ in my book for both of those. In addition, working with everyone at Simpplr has been very easy and they are quick to respond. We rolled out our first three departments in 6 weeks and went live on-time. Simultaneously we started our next round of teams and after only 4 months (since project launch) we have every single department live and every single user has created at least one piece of content. There's no way we could have done this so quickly with another application (I'm looking at you Australia). There are definitely some quality of life improvements I would like to see Simpplr make but I'll take the ease of use over more advanced features any day.

Pros
Ease of use. The setup and ongoing administration was the fastest and easiest software implementation I've been part of. On top of that, my users had a single 1 hour hands-on training session and they've been able to create hundreds of content pages without any help from me.

Cons
They don't use their own application for the help portal information. The support team is great and responds quickly but if you're just trying to look up information on their help site it's a bit tedious. I'd really like to see Simpplr have an Admin Site and a User Site that I could enable in my own environment that has how-to articles and short videos. Instead, right now I have to find the information through the help portal and then copy it into my environment for my users.

Anonymous

Beautiful, elegant turnkey modern intranet solution

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Simpplr provided excellent guidance and support throughout the onboarding process and post-implementation. The customer success team is always available to help whenever we need it. Besides the high-quality product, Simpplr provides extensive industry research and thought leadership to position customers for success.

Pros
Simpplr's high quality visuals, page layouts and ease of use.

Cons
Reliance on Salesforce 'Files' system does create some limitations for document sharing, but this has not been a major issue.

Shari McAneney

Super easy to manage SalesForce Intranet!

Reviewed 2019-08-27

We are able to create a beautiful and easy to manage intranet that our teams can access from anywhere on any device! From an IT perspective we wanted a tool that anyone can create content with, we only need to set-up users on the back end and our teams can all build content and share information in a way that is connected and integrated with our existing environment.

Pros
I love that it’s built on the trusted platform of SalesForce. It makes it easy to administer as I am already familiar with SFDC and the app management is very user friendly. The mobile app is also very easy to set-up and our team can have access to all the content and contacts on the go. We love the Box.com integration too!

Cons
I wish that some of the reporting functionality and analytics can only be accessed by the administrator using SalesForce functionality and isn’t in the UI for the team to run reports in the app itself. The analytics get better with each release but do need improving to get more usable data in app.

Cathy Baldwin, CIC

Simpplr has been a great for our company

Reviewed 2019-04-16

Using Simpplr as our intranet has been huge in reducing the amount of e-mail that is sent corporate wide. Having one central place to have information stored and shared increases our efficiencies and reduces the amount of back and forth e-mails or saving of e-mails. We continue to learn features and best practices through the help of our representatives at Simpplr.

Pros
What I like about this software includes the ability to customize, organize and manage the way that works best for our organization. It is very easy for anyone to use. It has a very 'social media' feel to it and is intuitive for most users. The support I've received since signing on has been outstanding.

Cons
There are some limitations that we've experienced, but Simpplr is very good about taking questions and suggestions and making upgrades to the product to meet most of those needs.

Kathy Krumpe

Easy to use Intranet that creates a beautiful experience for users with access from any device.

Reviewed 2019-08-27

We needed a way to currate the most critical information in an easy to navigate way. The powerful search functionality make it's easy to find information and the clean UI makes it visually pleasing and engaging.

Pros
I had been looking for an affordable, easy to manage and use intranet in the Salesforce app store for a long time and then there was Simpplr! It's easy for my IT team, it's easy for our content creators and it creates an engaging beautiful experience for our users. I love how we can share key content with our teams and they can have easy access to key resources, org charts and team contact info in the palm of their hands.

Cons
Our teams were a little overwhelmed with having yet another platform. As Simpplr deepens integrations this will get better. We had to establish guidelines to help our team members know when to use email, when to use Simpplr, when to use Box (although the Box.com integration is very slick!) and when to us other tools (chat, collaborations tools, etc.)

Parvinder Singh

Great intranet for connecting everyone at work

Reviewed 2019-04-16

We use Simpplr as our intranet to improve team communications, company-wide news, onboarding resources, and other documentation.

Pros
Simpplr interface is very user-friendly. Simpplr allows for easy coordination of content upload/management. We’ve had little need for technical help, but when we have, the team was responsive and quickly solved our challenges.

Cons
You can install Simpplr as an app to the CRM Salesforce instance, if you do that, some of your Sales/Service content surface ups to the Simpplr interface. Will recommend you get an independent org just for Simpplr.

Anonymous

Best Intranet I have used!

Reviewed 2019-08-14

This Intranet helped me feel like I was a part of a community from Day 1. Everything I needed to know was in there, and I got to know more about everyone in my team thanks to their profile page. I check my Feed every day!

Pros
I loved the user experience as a whole. As I first logged in, the quick tour feature was enough of training to figure it all out. From there, it was very straightforward. The interface feels very modern and as easy to use as my favorite social networks. The search engine was a major help as I got started. Any time I was looking for something I just typed it in the search and either found a post about it or specific files I needed.

Cons
I just wish IT setup access to all of my apps from the launchpad within the interface.

Yvonne Gemmell Keene

Simpplr has helped us connect our distributed workforce

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Connecting our diverse and remote workforce, keeping staff informed, easy to create self-service knowledge base, one place to go for all staff information needs. We have been working with the Simpplr team for almost two years and have received amazing support. We have been really pleased with the product.

Pros
We have a very distributed team across 16 offices and with 30% of our employees working from home. Simpplr is great because it allows everyone to find the information they need, helps all employees collaborate on projects, and was easy to implement (we have a very lean IT team).

Mollie Newton

Intranet for Employees to Find Each Other

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Before Simpplr, we did not have an intranet and Simpplr has really changed the way we communicate across departments and locations. The org chart and user friendly search feature allows for everyone to be involved and collaborate as a whole team.

Pros
Extremely user friendly & intuitive! The new org chart and bio feature really connects the whole company.

Cons
There has been slow adoption with a few Accounting employees, but that is more of an us issue.

Maria Capote

Great resource for company wide communications

Reviewed 2019-08-27

We use Simmplr as an additional resource to communicate upcoming events to team members, as well as storing company resources on the Simmplr intranet. It is a one stop shop for their needs such as HR, Department sites, links for resources etc...

Pros
The ease of creating pages and events within minutes.

Cons
I wish there were more characters added to the summary field.

Teff Ayral

Wonderful way to connect our company together!

Reviewed 2019-08-27

Our team members are working from multiple locations and often are focused on client projects. We needed a way to share company information that was visual, easy to access and curated what is most important to each person so they can always stay caught up.

Pros
It’s easy to create and manage content in a way that is far more visual and engaging than other systems. It integrates with our other systems and the integration with Box.com makes it simple to share information without duplication. Our teams working in the field have an easy way to get key company information without searching endlessly.

Cons
We use the newsletter feature a lot. It is a great way to curate content and send it out to our team but it isn’t always able to bring the right visuals into email and it can be laborious to create content that is used just for the newsletter.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Great software for fast implementation and fantastic support

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-04-16

Pros
I like that it is very easy to use and fast to implement.

Cons
There is some lack in functionality regarding how alerts are sent out and how it integrates to certain systems like google calendar/google docs. Overall you can get past them by small tweaks in behavior but there is definitely room for improvement on some workflows.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Anonymous

Simpplr is Instagram for the workplace

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-24

I think this app actually improves our culture a great bit. The 5 stars are sincere. In the old days we’d go to the water cooler to get to know our coworkers. Now we’re at the water cooler asking if people have seen that new video on our Hub. So site helps fuel that connection with a virtual water coolers across the company.

Pros
Simpplr is like LinkedIn and Instagram had a baby and that baby insisted on being a business app. I know we’re not supposed to be social at work, but my favorite part is watching videos and photos that employees uploaded. Okay, maybe that isn’t the most productive use of my time but it does draw me to the site and get me to read my CEO’s weekly missives.

Cons
I’d like more emoticons. I’m joking, they actually have many.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Reviewed 2019-04-26

Pros
Ease of use and onboarding support is wonderful

Cons
Knowledge of salesforce and related apps will help.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10