Simpplr Reviews

Simpplr

The modern employee intranet

4.87/5 (30 reviews)

Pros
  • Simpplr is an awesome tool, easy to use, user friendly, modern layout but most importantly fast and reliable. Their customer service is fantastic too.Rishi R.Read the full review
  • You can upload imagery, copy, videos and more that is attractive and engaging. It looks like a consumer-friendly site that helps business motivate, connect and inform employees.Susan J.Read the full review
  • The technology is innovative, easy to use and encourages employee engagement.Susan J.Read the full review
Cons
  • Does not work if the internet is down, and we still have problems that have not been worked out by the company.Rene O.Read the full review
  • There's no way we could have done this so quickly with another application (I'm looking at you Australia).Shannon Q.Read the full review
  • It is a one stop shop for their needs such as HR, Department sites, links for resources etc.Maria C.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shannon Quignon, MBA, CSM

Easy for everyone. Really!

Reviewed 2019-09-13

In evaluating intranets I knew we needed something that would be easy to administrate in the long run and even more than that we needed a product that was easy for our users. Simpplr has an A+ in my book for both of those. In addition, working with everyone at Simpplr has been very easy and they are quick to respond. We rolled out our first three departments in 6 weeks and went live on-time. Simultaneously we started our next round of teams and after only 4 months (since project launch) we have every single department live and every single user has created at least one piece of content. There's no way we could have done this so quickly with another application (I'm looking at you Australia). There are definitely some quality of life improvements I would like to see Simpplr make but I'll take the ease of use over more advanced features any day.

Pros
Ease of use. The setup and ongoing administration was the fastest and easiest software implementation I've been part of. On top of that, my users had a single 1 hour hands-on training session and they've been able to create hundreds of content pages without any help from me.

Cons
They don't use their own application for the help portal information. The support team is great and responds quickly but if you're just trying to look up information on their help site it's a bit tedious. I'd really like to see Simpplr have an Admin Site and a User Site that I could enable in my own environment that has how-to articles and short videos. Instead, right now I have to find the information through the help portal and then copy it into my environment for my users.

Susan Jablonski

Simply Outperforms Anything Else -- Employees Love it!

Reviewed 2019-08-28

Overall, Simpplr allowed a disjointed company to come together as one business to inform, inspire and connect employees. It is the one channel everyone tunes into for the latest company news, "one-truth" reports and data, fun information about fellow teammates, and so much more. The ability to connect people in a visually smart and engaging manner makes internal communications that much more influential in moving the company's culture forward.

Pros
The technology is innovative, easy to use and encourages employee engagement. The ability to garner over 20+ insights, encourage comments and feedback, and provide a mobile experience is priceless. The ability to move at the speed of business is something that Simpplr offers. You can upload imagery, copy, videos and more that is attractive and engaging. It looks like a consumer-friendly site that helps business motivate, connect and inform employees.

Cons
There truly aren't that many items to list. Each time I had an issue, the team was responsive. Updates are super easy and the technology continues to improve.

Tim Saunders

Fast, Easy, Intuitive Deployment

Reviewed 2020-06-19

We could not be happier with the choice we made to select and deploy Simpplr.

Pros
I truly liked how easy it was to not only learn the product but to also be an administrator of it. We had a very short timeline of 6 weeks to design, create and deploy our new Intranet site. The Simpplr team was great to work with. The Simpplr platform makes it easy to deploy new team sites, new content, employees now have the ability to be more socially engaging. Our new Intranet has never been so easy to manage and update. Leveraging the Site Owner and Content Managers has enabled us to distribute the responsibilities to the individual teams.

Cons
The only downside to the tool is the limited functionality of the page creation. It has the basics, but it would be so much better if there were more features and functionality.

Anonymous

Simpplr is Instagram for the workplace

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-24

I think this app actually improves our culture a great bit. The 5 stars are sincere. In the old days we’d go to the water cooler to get to know our coworkers. Now we’re at the water cooler asking if people have seen that new video on our Hub. So site helps fuel that connection with a virtual water coolers across the company.

Pros
Simpplr is like LinkedIn and Instagram had a baby and that baby insisted on being a business app. I know we’re not supposed to be social at work, but my favorite part is watching videos and photos that employees uploaded. Okay, maybe that isn’t the most productive use of my time but it does draw me to the site and get me to read my CEO’s weekly missives.

Cons
I’d like more emoticons. I’m joking, they actually have many.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Garret Brown

Post deployment review....

Reviewed 2020-06-30

Pros
It's easy to use. I am a limited admin and I love how we can grant rights to do only what they need and posting things is very simppl.

Cons
Some of the graphics rendering is off, it would be nice to see it auto arrange correctly, at times things get cut off.

James Dove

'Simple' to implement and great to use

Reviewed 2019-11-20

Simpplr has always been approachable during the onboarding phase and very helpful in the implementation phase. We are confident of getting it right due to their support

Pros
I like how easy it was to understand the operating model and to design the intranet to suit multiple departments and functions. It's nice to only have to focus on the user facing functionality and design while all the inner workings are taken care of by the platform. It was an easy sell to IT and to the business to adopt Simpplr as our new intranet

Cons
We almost did not adopt simpplr because our information is not encrypted at rest. I would like some more control over limiting some features to admins only and not to site managers - like the ability to create unlisted sites

Timothy Murphy

Top Notch Intranet Platform

Reviewed 2020-02-28

Overall, we are highly satisfied with the product. It's simple to use and the phone applications are super intuitive.

Pros
Simpplr is easy to setup and administer. The native phone apps helps our users to engage with each other whether they are in the office or out of it. The organizational chart syncing with our HRIS system saves us a ton of time.

Cons
Unfortunately, at this time Simpplr doesn't have native calendars which forced us to find a different solution to our scheduling needs. Also, there is a "not useful" flag that users can use on content posts. It would be nice if that was an optional feature.

Rishi Ravani

Great product and a must have at all companies

Reviewed 2020-03-27

We have used Simpplr for over 3 years and are happy with this tool. Great job, Simpplr team. You guys make working remotely very easy!

Pros
Simpplr is an awesome tool, easy to use, user friendly, modern layout but most importantly fast and reliable. Their customer service is fantastic too!

Cons
There is really nothing about Simpplr that I can complain about

Jan Reischek

Excellent Employee Engagement Platform

Reviewed 2020-02-27

It took us a little longer than planned to onboard due to some technology integration we wanted in place prior to launch, but otherwise the experience has been great.

Pros
We are a remote organization and were looking to increase connection and collaboration among our employees and simultaneously for a way to share important information in an alternative form than email. This platform helped us achieve both. It has a social media feel with all the privacy and protection required of an intranet. It is user-friendly and the customer experience with the support team has been great.

Cons
We have a wishlist of a few content formats we would like to see added, but the team has been very receptive to those wishes and has most on the calendar for future versions. All positive feedback so far.

Michael Schafer

Powerful tool that easy to use.

Reviewed 2020-06-18

I am impressed with the support Simpplr provides. If I have a technical question I can expect to hear a response in less than 24 hours. They release new features each quarter and are receptive to feedback.

Pros
Simpplr's ease of use has enabled conversations between leaders and their teams. Content owners across the organization are impressed with the out of box features. Manage versions, creating alerts, and collaborate with other employees has never been easier. Less tech-savvy users can create visually appealing content using the out of box tools. It is an all-in-one solution that allows for collaboration and sharing of business information.

Cons
At this time there is not a native calendar feature available. This feature has been requested by many groups within the organization.

Courtney Sims

Simpplr makes communications simple

Reviewed 2020-06-23

My experience with Simpplr has been a great! From training to implementation and even the success team -- Simpplr staff is there when you need them and are always helpful.

Pros
I really enjoy the quarterly platform release -- which is based on user feedback. Great features that help maintain multiple sites and users.

Cons
Nothing comes to mind. I think the platform has a lot of potential. I can't wait to see how it continues to evolve.

Anonymous

Beautiful, elegant turnkey modern intranet solution

Reviewed 2019-08-13

Simpplr provided excellent guidance and support throughout the onboarding process and post-implementation. The customer success team is always available to help whenever we need it. Besides the high-quality product, Simpplr provides extensive industry research and thought leadership to position customers for success.

Pros
Simpplr's high quality visuals, page layouts and ease of use.

Cons
Reliance on Salesforce 'Files' system does create some limitations for document sharing, but this has not been a major issue.

Shari McAneney

Super easy to manage SalesForce Intranet!

Reviewed 2019-08-27

We are able to create a beautiful and easy to manage intranet that our teams can access from anywhere on any device! From an IT perspective we wanted a tool that anyone can create content with, we only need to set-up users on the back end and our teams can all build content and share information in a way that is connected and integrated with our existing environment.

Pros
I love that it’s built on the trusted platform of SalesForce. It makes it easy to administer as I am already familiar with SFDC and the app management is very user friendly. The mobile app is also very easy to set-up and our team can have access to all the content and contacts on the go. We love the Box.com integration too!

Cons
I wish that some of the reporting functionality and analytics can only be accessed by the administrator using SalesForce functionality and isn’t in the UI for the team to run reports in the app itself. The analytics get better with each release but do need improving to get more usable data in app.

Lynelle Ross

Simpplr keeping us together

Reviewed 2020-07-01

Simpplr has improved our organisational communication and ensures that we have a source of truth within our organisation.

Pros
Simpplr is such a straight forward system that helps our organisation stay connected. As a national organisation dispersed across Australia, staying connected is fundamental to our success. We also have a range of users with varied computer skills so Simpplr's simple interface is accessible and straight forward so everyone can use.

Cons
The feed can move pretty fast in our organisation so keeping on top of content that people should know can take some time. The newsletter feature could be improved.

Aaron Godoy

A cornerstone of our technological ecosystem

Reviewed 2020-04-24

Overall, I couldn't Simpplr enough. One of the most important facets of a product for me is responsiveness to customer needs. These guys have always provided fast, thoughtful responses to our inquiries. They even go above and beyond the product itself and serve as a thought partner on knowledge dissemination and internal communication strategies for the org at large.

Pros
Simpplr's native Salesforce application and integration with Box fits perfectly within our technological ecosystem. Simpplr's knowledge management features make it a trivial task to create and disseminate documentation on core processes in a way that's very accessible for end users.

Cons
In the future I would love the ability to do more customization of pages with custom HTML, CSS, and JS. That said, Simpplr has a steady and robust roadmap for new features, so I'm excited to see what's next!

Cathy Baldwin, CIC

Simpplr has been a great for our company

Reviewed 2019-04-16

Using Simpplr as our intranet has been huge in reducing the amount of e-mail that is sent corporate wide. Having one central place to have information stored and shared increases our efficiencies and reduces the amount of back and forth e-mails or saving of e-mails. We continue to learn features and best practices through the help of our representatives at Simpplr.

Pros
What I like about this software includes the ability to customize, organize and manage the way that works best for our organization. It is very easy for anyone to use. It has a very 'social media' feel to it and is intuitive for most users. The support I've received since signing on has been outstanding.

Cons
There are some limitations that we've experienced, but Simpplr is very good about taking questions and suggestions and making upgrades to the product to meet most of those needs.

Mike Fiascone

Our Company Hub

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Every company needs a place to store knowledge and receive company information. This one is easier to use and looks cleaner. Before Simpplr, we have various locations for information: Salesforce, Box, Sharepoint, etc. Now we have one place to go with one search across various repositories.

Pros
Simpplr’s intranet, branded the Hub, is a great place to find up to date documents and stay informed on company news. It’s easy to use, responsive, and always up-to-date.

Cons
I wish more of the company could align on this single employee portal. It’s great to have one place for our critical information.

Kathy Krumpe

Easy to use Intranet that creates a beautiful experience for users with access from any device.

Reviewed 2019-08-27

We needed a way to currate the most critical information in an easy to navigate way. The powerful search functionality make it's easy to find information and the clean UI makes it visually pleasing and engaging.

Pros
I had been looking for an affordable, easy to manage and use intranet in the Salesforce app store for a long time and then there was Simpplr! It's easy for my IT team, it's easy for our content creators and it creates an engaging beautiful experience for our users. I love how we can share key content with our teams and they can have easy access to key resources, org charts and team contact info in the palm of their hands.

Cons
Our teams were a little overwhelmed with having yet another platform. As Simpplr deepens integrations this will get better. We had to establish guidelines to help our team members know when to use email, when to use Simpplr, when to use Box (although the Box.com integration is very slick!) and when to us other tools (chat, collaborations tools, etc.)

Parvinder Singh

Great intranet for connecting everyone at work

Reviewed 2019-04-16

We use Simpplr as our intranet to improve team communications, company-wide news, onboarding resources, and other documentation.

Pros
Simpplr interface is very user-friendly. Simpplr allows for easy coordination of content upload/management. We’ve had little need for technical help, but when we have, the team was responsive and quickly solved our challenges.

Cons
You can install Simpplr as an app to the CRM Salesforce instance, if you do that, some of your Sales/Service content surface ups to the Simpplr interface. Will recommend you get an independent org just for Simpplr.

Anonymous

Best Intranet I have used!

Reviewed 2019-08-14

This Intranet helped me feel like I was a part of a community from Day 1. Everything I needed to know was in there, and I got to know more about everyone in my team thanks to their profile page. I check my Feed every day!

Pros
I loved the user experience as a whole. As I first logged in, the quick tour feature was enough of training to figure it all out. From there, it was very straightforward. The interface feels very modern and as easy to use as my favorite social networks. The search engine was a major help as I got started. Any time I was looking for something I just typed it in the search and either found a post about it or specific files I needed.

Cons
I just wish IT setup access to all of my apps from the launchpad within the interface.

Rene OConnor

good tracking software

Reviewed 2020-02-07

mostly positive but there are still a few bugs that need to be worked out and it has been a while in the works.

Pros
I can have everything in one place online and eliminate large files in my office helping me to move to paperless and online credentialing

Cons
does not work if the internet is down, and we still have problems that have not been worked out by the company.

Yvonne Gemmell Keene

Simpplr has helped us connect our distributed workforce

Reviewed 2018-02-22

Connecting our diverse and remote workforce, keeping staff informed, easy to create self-service knowledge base, one place to go for all staff information needs. We have been working with the Simpplr team for almost two years and have received amazing support. We have been really pleased with the product.

Pros
We have a very distributed team across 16 offices and with 30% of our employees working from home. Simpplr is great because it allows everyone to find the information they need, helps all employees collaborate on projects, and was easy to implement (we have a very lean IT team).

Stephanie Baumgartner

User friendly platform that promotes org-wide communication and knowledge management

Reviewed 2020-04-09

We were having major issues with communication and organization of documentation. Simpplr solved this with it's organized intranet sites and tagging features that help our staff search for and quickly find what they need.

Pros
Simpplr is very user friendly with a clean interface. I manage multiple sites and it's easy to get a site up and running and add content. The integrations with Box and Salesforce have made the tool even more effective for our organization.

Cons
I just wish you could clone already created pages to use them as a starting place for new pages.

Mollie Newton

Intranet for Employees to Find Each Other

Reviewed 2019-04-19

Before Simpplr, we did not have an intranet and Simpplr has really changed the way we communicate across departments and locations. The org chart and user friendly search feature allows for everyone to be involved and collaborate as a whole team.

Pros
Extremely user friendly & intuitive! The new org chart and bio feature really connects the whole company.

Cons
There has been slow adoption with a few Accounting employees, but that is more of an us issue.

Itzel Diaz

Easy to Manage

Reviewed 2019-11-20

Simpplr has allowed us to move away from a shared drive where multiple versions of documents live. We have better version control and Sites have allowed us to separate content in a way that makes it easy for users to navigate.

Pros
It's very easy to use given the drag and drop features. Creating content is super easy; no need to know how to code or have previous experience setting up "web" pages.

Cons
Some features, like page layouts, can be restrictive in terms of customizations. The analytics fell a little short when we first adopted Simpplr, but recent releases have hugely improved upon the feature.