Acuity Scheduling Reviews

4.8

5.1K

4,206

How would you rate Acuity Scheduling?

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to add your appointments quickly to your google calendar. Its been very helpful with managing which appointments I have up for the week.

CS

Christopher S.

What I like most about the software is the ease of use and simplicity. It works extremely well to schedule clients and then takes some automation out of the followup process which is helpful.

CA

Christian A.

This is a super powerful platform to get up and running with and there are lots of awesome tutorials on YouTube for nearly any configuration you can imagine.

Daniel B.

Cons

I am fuming when I block off appointments. People can still book in may have to book appointments in to stop this.

WA

Wendy A.

Some of the functions are hidden in weird spots - it may make more sense for larger orgs but for small and single traders, managing preferences out of the 'calendar' section is a bit weird.

ko

kate o.

At this point in my usage, I am unable to make negative comments.

JN

Jym N.

5,118 reviews

Bryan D.

Creative Director

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Acuity Review

Transcript

Bryan D.: My name is Bryan and I'm a creative director in the music industry. And I give Acuity Scheduling...

Try and trust me you'll love it

Transcript

Kevin: My name is Kevin. I'm a business owner and I do video production. I also give Acuity a rating...

Who's in need for an extraordinary, do it all, scheduler?

What a helping hand! I never know in advance when a job is coming by, how much time I have to finish it, and this is a great reminder because I can set the difference stages I need to complete it and be reminded how many times I want. I can also schedule an online meeting with the client, customize my email according to the type of job I have accepted... and have it all in one app.

Pros

Well, as I said, I use this software for limited purposes, but I find it really adaptable to anyone's needs. I also like the price, 6 € a month, which is absolutely fine for my necessities.

Cons

I think that a free version with limited options but also with all the features I need for my one person job, even with ads, would certainly be preferred, even if my monthly fee is very contained. I would also like it to be simpler to set up or, even better, I'd love that it would settle up automatically after me choosing the options.

Great software to use especially for new businesses

My overall experience with Acuity has been nothing short of amazing. The software is easy to use. I still can’t find anything better then Acuity to handle my appointments.

Pros

Acuity has many many features that I enjoy using. My booking site can be customized the way I like which opens me up to being creative, the layout is not confusing to my clients, everything is clear to understand, adding services and add-ons are a breeze, I love the coupon code feature that they offer, I use it all the time.

Cons

The only thing I would like acuity to update is allowing my client to book two services at once on the same day. It’s a bit of a hassle having to creat add-ons for services that are already listed. Other then that it’s great.

Not intuitive or easily customizable

Poor.

Pros

That it enables clients to book directly from my website

Cons

Not intuitive No helpdesk support Inability to customize scheduling instructions for different appointment types Doesn't always sync with MS Outlook and completely omits full days booked out on MS. This has led to a booking when I was on vacation even though I had blocked out the entire week, which resulted in a client showing up for an appointment when I was out of town and without access to the internet.

Basic cloud based appointment scheduling app

I am not in love of this app but it definitely worth trying as it has features that will help for scheduling and get reminders of payments at low price but not lowest.

Pros

I loved the ease of use and integration with goigle calender that helps me sync my Google appointments with Acuity scheduling app. Secondly, I can book and send branded reminders to my co workers and clients. Lastly, its most useful feature that I use specially for clients who forget to pay on time. Its payment acceptance feature that enable me to accept payment from stripe and paypal.

Cons

Need to learn css to customize the branding for appointments Searching for previous appointments is cumbersome and exhaust lots of time to figuring out.

Acuity Scheduling has Changed Our Sales Process for the Better

My overall experience with Acuity Scheduling is a great one! It helps us to qualify potential sales leads, gets potential clients to go ahead and take action, and saves us significant time by avoiding the tedious back and forth of trying to schedule calls and meetings!

Pros

I love how many uses there are for Acuity Scheduling! We use it to qualify and schedule sales calls with potential clients as well as to schedule phone and Zoom calls with ongoing clients. It has been an invaluable resource and greatly increased our number of qualified leads!

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Acuity Scheduling. It can be a bit tedious to set up initially with a small learning curve, but once you are set up, the benefits and cost are more than worth it!

Zero Clients to Fully Booked

Pros

Ease of Use! My bookings skyrocketed when I made the switch to Acuity. Super easy to send a booking link and the process is completely professional. Love the reminder emails and the ability for clients to reschedule without me having to get involved.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like with acuity. super easy to integrate. If I had to say just one inconvenience is if you decide to change out the name of a customized link it does not automatically redirect.

Great For Appointments

It is a little difficult to set up everything at first, but once you are familiar with the system it gets better.

Pros

I like that you are able to design your scheduling booking however you like.

Cons

I dislike that they don't have a free plan, only a free trial.

Reliable

I returned after trying other systems & acuity is hands down the best out there. I highly recommend.

Pros

This system is dependable! The features included can't be beat! It saves me a lot of hassle and confusion.

Cons

I'd love to be able to customize to my branding more than currently.

Grows with you

Very happy, the precise is fantastic for everything you get. Honestly, I am very surprised each month when I get my payment receipt that is it so low!

Pros

I’ve been using Acuity for over 2 years now, and it has grown as I have grown in my business. I offer different categories of sessions that are easily organized and color coded. My favorite is being able to share a private link to clients who are enrolled in my longer programs. I also like the design aspect of uploading photos for each appointment. It is robust and simple to use.

Cons

Having to remember to integrate zoom when I create a new appointment. On occasion, when setting up a new appointment I would forget to integrate zoom to include that session.

This is a LIFE SAVER!

Pros

Ease and function - I needed something for our company and it was exactly what kept me organized.

Cons

A few times I have found myself searching for a specific setting.. but overall, I don't have much that I don't like about this software.

Minimal look and maximum features

Overall I love the functionality, design and integrations. I appreciate the option to create unique and short URLs for my business' booking system and further unique URLs for different appointment types. It doesn't matter if I am having a conversation on the phone, messages or email, I can send the link of a specific appointment type to the clients and let them pick a time convenient for them. With other alternate software, it is hard to remember the URLs so AS is a clear winner.

Pros

I love the look. It's clean, sharp and very easy to sync with your branding. I have been using it for over a year and never had any issue with it, notifications, email reminders for clients, syncing with different personal and work calendars, accepting payments for appointment bookings.

Cons

Lack of free version. Sometimes I wish they had a free version with reduced features for clients who need an online booking system but expect only 5 bookings per month. $14 is a bit too much for them so they usually go with Calendly.

Acuity: A near-perfect scheduling solution for this piano teacher

I have really liked Acuity! Their branding is fun! Customer Support is really good, for the very few times I've needed help. Support videos and tutorials are excellent. Overall, it's a great program that is priced very fairly and has freed up a significant amount of time as administrator.

Pros

What I absolutely LOVE about Acuity is the ability to set up my piano lesson days and times, give my piano parents a link, and then they can sign up for their own lessons! With the email reminders (also an awesome feature to reduce no-shows), they can also easily reschedule a lesson if they need to. This saves me COUNTLESS hours! No need to do the "back and forth" texting and emails to settle on a different lesson time...parents can do it all themselves. Win for them and an even bigger win for me!

Cons

The one feature I wish Acuity had is the ability to hover over a lesson time on the calendar and see a list of names of the students who will be in that lesson. The calendar does show how many are signed up (in the form of a fraction...sign-ups/total number the lesson will hold...3/5, for example) but I really would like to hover and see the names. I also wish there was an easier way to bulk delete...

Acuity for Photographers is a Must-have

Acuity scheduling has changed how i run my business in that it makes booking appointments super easy. I'm able to add an embedded link on my website and convert customers immediately. They can book an appointment with us without having to go back and forth through text or phone calls. My assistant is able to book appointments or even send direct links to our appointments to our clients and the client will book and pay on the spot without having to go back and forth in an email.

Pros

I love that i'm able to make appointments with buffers before and after the appointment so our calendar will be properly scheduled to prevent rushed or back-to-back appointments. I also like that if you were to make add-ons to your service, that the add-ons can also have their own time adjustment so you have enough time at your appointment to properly serve your clients

Cons

i don't like that i can just make a quick event and send it in an email like calendly, but to be honest, that's only important for zoom and phone appointments to gather details from a client. I've been able to manage without that feature because that feature isn't the most important to our business. but that's just a dislike i had since i'm required to provide a dislike

Excellent product that will easily pay for itself if used regularly.

Acuity has made the process of scheduling so much easier and modern, especially for current clients and people I already have a great relationship with.

Pros

Having a scheduling software in general is such a game-changer for someone in sales who sets their own appointments. It's so easy for me to have a chat with someone, and if there is interest, I just send them my link to schedule an appointment and they do. It's also super easy to send out emails to prospective clients or existing clients about revisit appointments and include your personalized schedule...

Cons

I don't believe there is a way to see a detailed monthly or weekly calendar view in the mobile app. It only shows daily schedules. It would be nice to have monthly and weekly calendar views so you can easily see which days have (or don't have) appointments set yet. (this is easily accessible on a PC)

I can run my coaching business on it

Overall, I love Acuity and I think the added features, such as products, recurring payments (memberships) and packages are great. I also love their layout, and I recommend it to each of my clients. Once they set it up, they save hours every week because they don't need to schedule or reschedule manually.

Pros

As a coach, I used to spend a lot of time booking appointments, sending manual reminders and followups. This software changed everything. I set up my availability and the frequency of sessions and then let people book their own appointments. There are group sessions available as well and you can even create and upsell different sessions and products. It's pretty easy to use, and I recommend it to all teachers I work with since it saves them so much time.

Cons

One of the things I'd like for them to change is how they track my availability. For instance, I set my availability as 2 sessions per day, several days a week. The software counts only private sessions as "sessions," and if I have a 2-hour group training (for instance), it doesn't pay attention to it and allows booking anyway, which is frustrating because I want the group sessions to count towards...

Play Rehearsals Made Simple

I am usually on the artistic side of production so I wanted a scheduler that would offer many options but still be very user-friendly. That is exactly what I found with Acuity. I am rehearsing a monologue play with many different actors. I cannot tell you how much time I have saved allowing my performers to do their OWN scheduling of rehearsals based on their availability. No tracking down and then...

Pros

The automated aspects of this scheduler are robust. Both on the user end - confirmation emails and easy rescheduling. I also love that I get reminders for all scheduled times on my end. And I know right away when there is a new appointment scheduled. One of the best parts: It connects directly to Zoom. Having that streamlined has been so helpful. No extra time and headache with links and passwords! I am using it to rehearse for an online performance of my monologue play. It has been a big hit with my performers - allowing them considerable flexibility. I’m also able to set limits - daily and overall. So that I’m not ever taking on more work than I can handle. I plan to continue to use it with my private acting sessions. Highly recommended for artists who run their own classes, etc.

Cons

The resources and room options have to be manually duplicated. If there was a “copy” option for those, I would use it more. For my use- Most of those would be nearly identical. Just applied to a different type of appointment.

One Stop Scheduling Tool

Acuity continues to expand and refine the scheduilng features and options it offers it's users . I use this platform for one on one meetings, group sessions, classes and multi-day events. I love that they offer numerous integrations making it super easy to get going. The help articles are truly helpful. Any glitches I have had have really just been a learning curve - the more I learn, the easier it has been to get the results I want. Totally a great tool for coaches and trainers.

Pros

Acuity is a great tool for scheduling individual sessions, as well as classes and packages for coaching or events. It is easy to use as an administrator, but what makes it great, is that it is easy and very familiar to users - people "Get It" pretty quick!

Cons

The way to set up coaching packages is good for the owner, but totally not user friendly. The client gets a code to be able to redeem their coaching classes. I would love for this to be easier and less burdensome on the clients. Also I would love a way for the administrator to be able to set up a client account/portal for the client...rather than having to push back to have them set up. Any steps that require client action - is a negative experience....

An Industry Leader for a Reason!

Pros

The navigation and naming are intuitive, plus every step or field has an accompanying explanation so I can be sure I am using it properly! This means I was able to walk myself through Acuity without pressure or time waste of needing to consume a bunch of FAQs or webinars. The doing and learning happen simultaneously! Yet, there is also great support should I still have questions. I also love that...

Cons

I didn’t see a clear place to find all available integrations. Yet, I really don’t have any true cons.

Acuity - A great and growing resource

My overall experience with Acuity has been amazing. I am going to continue trying to make it work.

Pros

I love that Acuity is very robust and allows you to customize responses when a client/customer books with you. I also love that integrates with Instagram and Facebook for ease of booking. This is to some super small but was a game-changer for me. I have enough reasons to use Zapier for integrations but Acuity did an amazing job of taking out that extra step. It truly is great.

Cons

There is one area that the scheduler is somewhat lacking and that is the ability to connect to multiple calendars and check for availability. Calendly in comparison does this very well and it's probably the only huge pain point. This is also where the system begins to get complicated. I wish it was just a bit more simplified and intuitive. To provide more context. I have my personal calendar and more than one business. I don't necessarily want that information pulled into Acuity however if it could connect to gsuite just as Calendley does to multiple calendars and make a time accessible or not based on information across all calendars that would be awesome.

Best alternative to Mindbody

I spent a month going through different software demos in the health and wellness sector. I knew I wanted to switch from Mindbody for my dance studio and wanted to find the best out of the dozens of registration software options there are in this sector. After much research and using the trial set up and function for my top options (Wellness Living and Amilia were the other possibles for me), I was very happily surprised to say with certainty that Acuity was the best fit for me and offered the best functionality. And better yet, it was by far the cheapest!

Pros

What I like best is the depth to which you can customize the user experience. Being able to easily change all the language clients see through the process really helps (especially since we're a bilingual school) and it's also the most mobile-friendly when it comes to functionality and design. Finally, having an app for both the admin and the user side will be a huge asset and I know the Zoom integration will save us a lot of time when it comes to managing invitations to our virtual classes.

Cons

I wish there was a way that clients could carry positive and negative balances on their accounts.

Free Trial Review

Using Acuity was so beneficial for me and my upcoming business. It was simple and easy for me to use as well as my clients. It helped me to be more organized and saved so much time on both ends when it came to scheduling. I work with my hands so communicating throughout the day is not something that's always possible. Not to mention I was able to customize my own link that potential clients could click that would take them right to my scheduling page. Honestly that was the best part because I could put that link anywhere!

Pros

What I liked most about Acuity was the ability to customize almost every aspect of it. I'm in the beauty field and for me, the details are super important. I'm also a simple girl as well. I was able to make my setup simple and easy to use, but also with some pizzazz (if you know what I mean). Adding pictures, using different colors and different fonts really allowed me to customize my scheduling page exactly how I wanted.

Cons

What I liked least about Acuity honestly was the calendar display on my mobile device. It only showed appointments by the day and not a glance into the entire week or month, which is vital for me. I'm not quite sure if i just never figured out how to change it or it's just not a feature.

Acuity Scheduling Is A Super Trifecta In The Appointment Scheduling Application Platform

My overall experience was outstanding. I cannot say anything negative about this platform as it really delivered all the bells and whistles that you want in an appointment scheduling application.

Pros

The top features for me were the ability to have a client make a "reservation, appointment, booking" that is dated more than 1 year from the current day. Many competitors have a restriction on future bookings which only allow you to make a booking within the next 365 days. In my industry, dealing with Weddings, future ability to make a reservation 2 or even 3 years from the current day is crucial....

Cons

The only cons are that even their top tier level plans which go for approximately $45/ month still do not come with phone support. While setting up your account is quite streamlined and simple. I still have a personal opinion on those applications that cost a specific amount per month should provide phone support. I would like to note that their email support was on point and did respond better than some other competitors I have used in the past.

Too much of my time spent trying to manage appointments

While many things can be done with the software they provide, it's not too often done easily or intuitively. Need help? Their expectation is that you hire a freelancer to figure out the work-around. I found it to be too much of a "time suck" for the price. I need something that works, works like my business works, and that can be used efficiently.

Pros

The software met my initial needs well and if you have a simple organization or your business model is completely in line with the way the developers think you should run your business, then this will be a good fit for you. The reminders by email and text have been extremely reliable and effective at keeping no-shows to a minimum. The admin interface is easy to read at the start of the day and some of the functionalities on the calendar admin page are very convenient.

Cons

Being able to figure out where to find settings on the admin side can often become an elaborate project. Coupons need to be managed in two different places, figuring out where to set your business hours can be a hunting trip through the menus, getting a new client "on board" with their own account to edit or cancel their own appointments has been a laborious task that is not at all intuitive. I came...

Not often I can give a 5 Star review

To be honest I was just expecting another calendar booking system. I say another because there are hundreds if not thousands and I have used quite a lot including some custom made ones written for me. The problem with many booking systems is they all seem to be specific for certain markets such as room bookings systems and it will have an ugly interface for the customer or ceratin features will be...

Pros

Integration with other apps and to your own existing website Synchronization with the Facebook calendar and google etc. Very feature-rich and easy to customize. being able to set time aside before and or after bookings allow me to prepare for my next session. Everything is self-serviceable for the client, from selecting the product, finding a date and time slot and making payment.

Cons

OK... So I am going to be very picky here, Very very picky. When creating an event or editing an event or making any type of change you have to find the save button, often right at the bottom of the page, now that may not be a problem for some, but often it is easily missed and you may think the change has been auto saved when it fact it has not and you may have just lost everything. An autosave feature...

WOW Acuity Scheduling increased My bookings By 80% in-the first week

Pros

I really love that myself and the client get an email to confirm the booking instantly, I love the color coding of my treatments in a glace, I know who has booked a massage and the length of time or if it's an energy healing or reflexology & my clients say its really easy to use. Squarespace has been quite fast in getting back to me with any problems or queries and mostly provide a video on how to...

Cons

I have only been using this for 6 days so the things I would add or change may already be a possibility and I just haven't had the time to work it out as yet Firstly, the block time off is a bit too slow I just want to click block and then the space of time on the day I wish to block and it's done, it's really slow to have to click block and manually fill it out in the side panel other booking systems...