Acuity Scheduling Reviews

4.77/5 (1,862 reviews)

Viktor Nagornyy

Best scheduling tool ever

Reviewed 2019-04-18

Been using Acuity for several years (3+) and continue using it for schedule consulting meetings, strategy sessions, meetings with customers, etc. It would be a lot more difficult to run my business without Acuity. Sure there are other tools, but none of them compare to Acuity in easy of use and feature set. I could've gotten a lifetime deal for $50 to one of their competitor recently and save hundreds/thousands of dollars over the next few years, but it had terrible UI and wasn't worth it. Continue paying Acuity monthly, it's worth it.

Zach Clariday

Great Calendaring Software for Teams

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Overall, our experience has been great. The customer support has been top notch, there are integrations to most of the apps we use, and this seriously probably saves us 4-8 hours per week.

Luca Cusolito

Love me some Acuity!

Reviewed 2019-03-26

When I forged back out into the wild world of self-employment, managing my calendar was one of the more challenging tasks. My leads come from many places, including networking groups, social media, and referrals, and keeping track of prospective clients became a daunting bottleneck in growing my business. Potential customers rightfully have an expectation of getting in touch promptly before moving to contract, and the back-and-forth e-mail boogaloo was not a fun dance for anyone. I even hired an assistant for a short stint to manage my calendar but spent more time managing her then I did getting my calls scheduled and followed up on. Enter Acuity Scheduling (trumpet blast here)! Setting Acuity up was a snap for me, and because I know how to code, I was able to customize the look to mimic my website and serve as a branded landing page. Leads were able to schedule and reschedule themselves on discovery calls; New clients could gain access to my calendar to book time with me and complete needed paperwork. It has absolutely increased my revenue, fostered great communication with incoming and current clients, and saved me money on outsourcing the bulk of my administrative needs. The few snags I have run into were quickly addressed by their friendly team. I can't recommend them enough!

James DiPilla

Sometimes it’s easier to let them schedule.

Reviewed 2018-07-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I absolutely love the ability to have my clients pick their own appointments. There’s been more than once when I had a client who had such a busy schedule that we couldn’t pinpoint a good day for their appointment over the phone. I just had them go in and pick a time and write themselves in! It saved me so much time so that I was able to focus on other clients. I was also able to share calendars with my co-workers so that everyone had the correct schedule. I just really wish that there was phone support just in case something did go wrong with us trying to figure out all of the features. Hopefully, that will change in the future.

Sarah Westcott

Amazing. Seriously. If I could give more than 5 stars for customer support I totally would.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Ability to seamlessly manage multiple calendars, have ready access to calendar, client details and historical data, and access information remotely, but also securely!

Steve Palfreyman

The most functional and feature-packed calendar software

Reviewed 2018-04-20

The developers seem to know what's happening in your world before any other calendar software seems to. I've tried a lot of them to find the perfect combo, and Acuity (even though I have a lifetime subscription to Book Like a Boss) has been my staple for 3+ years or maybe even more. The best thing about Acuity is its flexibility to adapt to your business, rather than forcing you to change your processes to suit it. If you want a subscription business that offers a certain amount of calls to your community each month, you can do that. If you wanted a storefront where people can buy and book as they please, you can do that. And all the little extra thoughts on the calendar, like blocking off time, and keeping only the right amount of appointments available, and adjusting your calendar availability quickly and easily. It's just so well thought out.

Grace DiDomenico

Most flexibility/features, without compromising the simplicity of scheduling for clients.

Reviewed 2017-12-28

On the hunt for a 'good' scheduling software I tried out many free trials, and among those Acuity stood out. Acuity seemed to be the only software I could find that allowed me to customize different appointment types to my needs, without compromising the ease of use for my clients (e.g., simplicity and ease of use). I was able customize my automated reminders/confirmation emails AND text messages for each appointment type which was not available with all softwares (text message reminders, personally, has greatly decreased 'no shows'). The confirmation emails and reminders also have a re-scheduling button, which helped the hassle of dealing with rescheduling emails. Another selling point was the ability to sync Acuity to google calendar. On the user side, this allowed me to set availability based on my google calendar availability, and also see my appointment in google calendar. For clients, there confirmation email allowed them to add their appointment to google calendar. In summer here are other reasons why I chose Acuity: client scheduling is ascetically pleasing and super simple, ability to create multiple different appointment types with different features (e.g., intake forms, availability, duration, reminders ect.). This review is based of the feature I needed from Acuity, although Acuity has other really great features I plan on someday taking advantage of such as Rooms and Resources---great aspect to the software.

Shawn Oreilly

Good for new... but quickly outgrow

Reviewed 2017-03-24

For the record, I really like Acuity Scheduler - and while the customer service is only during the week, for the cost/value makes it understandable of why that is, and honestly - its never been a problem to wait to hear from someone till Monday. I have been using it for our studio for the past year. Started from scratch with very little capital to open our doors, and Acuity made it possible to be in the 21st century and keeping our schedule clear, and concise.

Eric Harezga

Fairly Priced and Very Good Service with well-developed software | Acuity Scheduling.

Reviewed 2017-02-05

How they won me over? Good Program AND Fast Service. Quick email replies with well-written explanations supported by a picture, video or animated screen capture. What else can you expect from Technical Support Team? It is all there. If you value your time. you don't need to search online anymore. Trust me. Sign up for their service and test it yourself; 14-day test period is absolutely free and FULLY supported by Acuity Scheduling staff. I have switched from paper daily planners to software back in 2012. As of the time of this review, it's been over 4 years and I have changed software providers 3 times. Well, actually 4 times - because I'm moving again! This time though it looks that I have found what I was looking for Acuity Scheduling. First, I have adopted installable software . It had good doc's to assist the installation, but the backup had to be done manually, through Windows file structure. Once during the process, something got corrupted and I could not recover from it. The company programmer was able to get most files back but not all. It crushed one more time after that, with corruption in password file. Decided to change. I switched to online booking system based out of UK. Software was really looking good at first, but turn out it was written in very messy design, difficult to set up and configuration of it took over 6 weeks to make it work the way I wanted. Changes were partially due to the UK English with a lot of British way of describing things. The cost wasn't bad. Shortly after I've renewed it for the next year and made the payment they refused to service me because.... I have asked too many questions. Yes, I received email that they don't want me as a customer any longer. They refunded my payment for the second year and cancel my account with 3 days warning. Next I have decided to try another online serviceAppointy. Program isn't to bad, but the service meh, - so-so. I had to deal with a salesman who was making it difficult, but then his manager (who I guess was monitoring the email exchanges), at 2 different occasions, he got involved and make things happen. I wasn't emotionally attached to them and started to look for alternatives. Found few options, tested 4, and decided to go with Acuity Scheduler. Acuity Scheduling gives me almost all that I need, but what I REALLY like, is the Most Responsive Service that I have ever had.

Andy Atkinson

AS - Great free scheduling/appointment website with a bit extra, especially if you're willing to pay

Reviewed 2017-01-28

I was hired on to provide free technology tutoring/help to the public through my public libraries. I needed something where I could schedule myself and others between multiple locations easily and in a way that I could see who I've got when. Traditionally they used paper signup sheets and or calendars and maybe a personal digital calendar or something but nothing fancy and totally manual. As a techy, I hated this idea and decided to look for a website that could help me automate the signup process. I originally tried Google Forms to gather bulk answers like "what's your name" and "what do you want tech help with" and "when do you want to book your time" and it was ok, but Google doesn't have scheduling built in and I needed to use third party add-ons which then had full access to my google drive and even then it didn't work very well at all, it was a pain for me, the customer, and the library staff who needed to be able to confirm appointments. So I went searching for websites that would do a better job and I found quite a few, picked some that looked good (many were obviously not going to work for what I wanted/needed) and signed up for 4 or 5 sites. I thought I found one that was great, I was using it for a short while but then kept running into issues and the support wasn't great. I decided to start testing out my second pick, AS, and at first it seemed a little to easy, but then I found some of the extra options and realized how they have the site setup and from there it's been good. I'm quite picky and demanding at times, even when I know there's something a system can't or won't do, I'll still ask the support team if we can do it and ask for work-arounds etc. to do something similar, partly so they know it's something people want. The support here is great (unless you work weekends, that's the only reason I removed a star) even though they're e-mail only (again, as a techy I don't mind) they do respond quite quickly. It's a small team but over 50% of staff is customer service based on their website. I've been told that the top 2 paid accounts get live chat support as well, but again only on the weekend. I have no need to accept payment but again I did need multiple "calendars " for each location, however, there is another way around that if you don't mind a couple of things being shared, which in my case is not an issue at all, so I was able to do everything for free. I can see it being VERY useful at a business level with a paid account. Thanks.

E Westley

It's All Handle with Acuity!

Reviewed 2016-08-06

I use Acuity for all of my scheduling needs with clients. From what I have researched, Acuity is the best all-inclusive appointment management program and has extensive features and integrations included that other appointment software does not have. You can have a very basic, bare bones setup or you can really dig into the backend and customize it endlessly. I love that I can create custom confirmation emails, separate products, group classes, take payments through Stripe or PayPal and that my clients get a reminder email before their session. The benefits are amazing!

Daniel Meltzer

Great software but lacking

Reviewed 2015-09-03

Overall, it's perfect for us. It's everything we need in our scheduling software and it helps tremendously to have an embedded feature to embed on our site without having to redirect customers. If you need to modify the scheduling page in any way, you must do it through CSS (no HTML available). So, if you aren't a computer scientist, you may have trouble customizing some of the page (colors and wording is customizable with a click of a button). A couple of issues I have is 1) no re-direct feature. For example, if I wanted my customers to open the scheduling page in a new window instead of on my website, they see example.acuityscheduling.com but they should see is example.mydomain.com. I think it's called domain mapping? It would be a great feature to have our page with a custom url (not one with Acuity Scheduling in it). Another issue.. 2) payment methods are EXTREMELY limited (just PayPal, Stripe and Authorize.net). There NEEDS to be more payment processors.. seriously.. Also, 3) If you have Stripe connected, you may have PayPal connected also. If you have PayPal connected, you may have Stripe connected also. But, if you have Authorize.net connected, you may not offer PayPal.. it makes no sense why this is and will be very frustrating for Authorize.net merchants using Acuity Scheduling. Another problem? No customization of the checkout. If you need to change the wording of the payment page, you can't. Why? I don't know but I am upset about this. BIGGEST PROBLEM AMONG THEM ALL -- there is no way for your client to schedule more than one service at a time. Yep.. you read that right. They can schedule the same service as a repeat but there is no way for them to book multiple service in one appointment (on same nor different days/times). It's bad.. so, my clients have to book multiple appointments for multiple services and times and it's just a huge mess. A real inconvenience. Is Acuity Scheduling worth the price? I suppose (there is a free version available but you are very very very very very limited). There is some work to be done, some upgrades and features that need to be placed before this is considered "Great" or "Awesome". There is a lot of things that this company can do to make this better and I am not convinced yet that they are even considering upgrading. Step up to the plate and upgrade your software and you have a homerun. Seriously.. maybe a grand slam. So far though, it's a single (or a walk) =(

Kip Watkins

Love It - Great Customization - Solid Functionality

Reviewed 2015-05-12

I was so excited about getting a scheduling system for my private practice. My excitement soon turned to disgust and amazement when I trialed service after service and most were vitally flawed. They either didn't have customization options (which was VERY important to me) or they simply didn't work. Either way, they reflected poorly on my business and I was truly amazed at how difficult it was to find one that did what I wanted it to. I found it with Acuity though. I am so happy and relieved to have the confidence that it's working properly and to have the customization options to make it integrate and flow with the rest of my business

Natasha Ward

Great Scheduling Service!

Reviewed 2019-05-13

Acuity Scheduling continues to improve. It helps my business to run smoother because I do not worry about sending appointment reminders, sending payment requests, or following up with clients. The software does it for me. I am able to block out time slots when I'm busy and add in time when I need a buffer after each client. Acuity Scheduling is fantastic for consultants, entrepreneurs, teachers, life coaches, and freelancers.

Bhavesh Joshi

Acuity has Helped my Business Grow and is a vital part of our Business Process

Reviewed 2019-04-06

We are a small consulting practice, and have been working with Acuity for quite a few years now, before that we had experimented with Supersaas etc .., but nothing came close to this solution. It has literally transformed our business - before there was a lot of back and forth with phone calls and SMS etc, and pen and paper based scheduling and cancelling had a cascade of problems. We are so thankful to Acuity - it has taken out the Pain of Scheduling - and akin to having a secretary 24*7, we have been able to focus on our business, nationally and internationally. The Free Plan is Great (Please don't ever take it out !!! ) - the Clients are very appreciative with the features and ease of booking. Please keep up the good work.

keshauna butler

On The Edge

Reviewed 2018-12-27

overall, i’m about 75% happy with acuity so far and i will continue to look for better ways to advance my business! (by the way)i am still trying to find text alerts for new appointments. so i can be notified when someone books.

Alexander Mayer

Acuity Scheduling is ALMOST good; so it sucks

Reviewed 2016-07-15

Web developer recommended this software as good and as one that integrates with QuickBooks Online and Authorize.net credit cards. To the best of his ability he was correct. Boy, was he sorry that he believed these integrations to be implemented. The time he has spent trying to make this work has certainly made my project a money loser for him. So lets get started with the problems. The credit card for on-line booking sends out a transaction. Fine. There is an option for the customer to leave a tip. If they do, the fun starts. The entire charge goes out to Authorize.net; Acuity reports that the transaction was for more than the massage cost and that the overage is a tip. BUT Acuity sends Quickbooks a transaction for just the cost of the massage! So they misreport the transaction to my accounting software and, therefore, cook my books. I then have to go back to the Acuity record, create an invoice in Quickbooks and receive the the money. So the entire automation procedure is essentially worthless. I just want the entire transaction to come over to Quickbooks; I will gladly call the overage a tip in a split transaction. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (2) The email notification to the therapist about a scheduled massage gives the therapist the email and phone of the client; I do not want to broadcast this info and want to control what information from the client goes to the therapist. Privacy issues abound. Their support has no intention of fixing this. (3) The intake form sucks. Massage intake forms need drawing areas to highlight "avoid" and "focus". All clients expect this and are comfortable with this. Some clients can't even describe the area where they do or don't want work. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (4) The menu of services cannot be customized. The look is clinical, blah, and confusing. Acuity support has no intention of fixing this. (5) Acuity is a double booking nightmare! Hard to describe but here goes. Therapist A does single massages and also Therapist A is part of a team for couples massage. Her team can block off time in Therapist B's presence in the team. But Therapist A & B are considered different therapists as individuals. So there is no way to have Therapist A be booked for a couples massage and show on the schedule as to unavailable for an individual massage! Acuity support has no intention of fixing this.

Erica Beggan

A Fantastic Productivity Tool Especially for Solopreneurs

Reviewed 2017-01-25

I was having a challenge I think many of you experience - the ping-pong scheduling game. It goes something like this: I need to schedule a day/time with a business partner or client so we send emails back-and-forth giving our projected availability which inevitably changes between the time I sent my email and when they reply. This ends up going on for several cycles until a mutually agreed upon date/time is found, more than likely weeks after the initial ask. What a waste of time! I was informed about Acuity Scheduling while I was presenting at the California Placement Association's southern regional workshop, and I decided to look into it. As a Solopreneur, I have to choose my investments wisely, so I was happy to engage in the 14-day free trial. It ended up being a much more robust scheduling "service" than I could've wished for. The aspects I found most helpful were: the ability to sync with my iPhone calendar (which becomes my "master" calendar by default because it's on my phone), the ability of email reminders being sent to me and the person who scheduled a meeting time with me, and the ability to create different "groups." The groups feature is helpful when you want to distinguish between a client, a colleague, or a friend. I did have to enter my availability in a couple of times while I was going through a learning curve, and I think as a general usage "limitation" (it would be great if you could "copy" an existing calendar for one new group, and then add or delete availability blocks accordingly). There are 2 different calendar types - one where hours are set, and one where they fluctuate, so it's the latter that I've been engaging with, and for that reason, creating your availability for multiple groups may be a bit more "clunky." Despite that, I've created four (4) different groups with 2 different hour structures, and it was working fabulously! I did think I could live with the free version of the software, but the loss of the calendar sync feature is the biggest reason I've now decided to make the $/month investment. When trying Acuity Scheduling out under their free trial, really get into as many of the features as applicable for your business so you can make an informed decision about a future investment. In doing so, you can be certain of your choice to invest in this very useful scheduling tool.

Kayli Howard

Clientele Building with Acuity Scheduling!

Reviewed 2017-01-18

Hello, I'm Kayli Howard, I appreciate this opportunity! I love the system that has been set up through acuity scheduling. I am a millennial cosmetologist so I am looking to start a clientele base online. This website has provided an awesome, easy going system to help me get there. Especially with the features geared towards appointment confirmations and direct deposits! I am able to eliminate the stress for my clients because they can easily access my schedule, pricing and set an appointment within a few short minutes! I am in love! Acuity Scheduling has provided features I would not have thought of on my own or think I needed. Such as intake form questions, this way I am able to align with my clients needs before they sit in my chair and that is great customer service! I am able to connect with my clientele base through your system without having to complicate our daily schedules. Because I know what a hassle it can be too get a hold of your busy hair dresser. Thank you Acuity Scheduling, I will share your company with my fellow cosmetologist!

Lee Goldsworthy

Mr

Reviewed 2017-05-11

Our Sales team immediately improved their productivity and we improved the rate at which we successfully engaged with customers who visited our website. Can't ask for more than that. I'm pretty impressed at how flexibly this scales to additional sales reps on my team, while seamlessly integrating with third party services like GoToMeeting.

Kamila Gornia

Inexpensive but highly effective!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-03-26

Overall, this is a great beginner tool but not without its drawbacks.

Adán Ayala

Good features and good customization options.

Reviewed 2018-10-23

We are a large Spanish School with 6 locations in the Chicago Area. We offer a complex series of services like private classes, group classes, on-site classes, corporate classes, private online, group online, private groups, semi-private classes, Spanish for educators, Spanish for Medical workers etc. And we have a 30 people staff who work in flexible schedules. I was trying to configure the first calendar with the services offered only by me but I didn't know if there wa simpler way to do it. For example. This is the process with only 1 instructor The instructor has a schedule MonMon-Satom 9am to 9pm. He has 20 Upcoming Online Group Classes for this week and only for INTRO 1 LEVEL. We need students to see and be able to register for the day, time, location* (for in person classes) and instructor that works best for them and also with the instructor that they prefer. The upcoming classes page should display all their options well organized with an option to search by day, time*, instructor, location (for in person classes) *Students online have different time zones in many cases Group Classes Online are for 4 people max When they register for a class they have to buy all 4 sessions. When no one registers for a Group the starting date moves to the next week. If someone registers. What it normally happens is that they want to register for the next level at the same time with the same people. So the Class should be posted right after the 4th class of the first level ends fo

Rebecca Dodson

Very versitle

Reviewed 2019-04-06

Positive. I have had NO STRESS from using this system. That's priceless.

Michelle Lasley

Best application for managing your appointments

Reviewed 2019-04-08

I love the interface, the customer support, and above all this seamless tool. I am so grateful this group came about and made this thing to make my life easier for booking appointments​ - even if it's just a 30-minute call with my mother (and yes, I even book those so I can honor my time and boundaries).

Matt Huberty

Solo business owner LOVING IT

Reviewed 2016-05-06

GENERAL REVIEW: started the search for a good (and I'll admit, free) scheduler app, though I eventually upgraded to a paid package for cheap. I wanted it to integrate into the website I was building (with no web design experience) and to sync to my google calendar so I could stay updated on my appointments straight from my phone. I'm a private tutor in a college town, and I do everything on my own. Advertising, website management, billing clients, taxes etc. are all part of my job description. Acuity has been the single best tool I've come across in my business venture thus far. I simply direct students to the page of my website where I integrated the acuity software, and they just follow the directions (name email phone etc) and I even have a few questions set up like "what class is this for, what teacher do you have" so that I know beforehand what to anticipate for our session. Then I'll receive a notification (email) and it gets placed right in my calendar which syncs oh my iPhone. I can literally run my business from my phone. Acuity also gave me the option to require a valid credit/debit card to book an appointment and then charge the client after the appointment, which is AWESOME because if the session is shorter or longer for some reason, I can adjust the charge accordingly. I used to let clients book the appointments without paying or putting in a card, but a few no-shows and "I forgot my money"s later and now I do it this way. USABILITY: The acuity site and software are both extremely easy to navigate. There are also funny little phrases found throughout both that will make you giggle. You'll see what I mean if you spend more than 30 seconds checking out their website. CUSTOMER SERVICE: I've contacted their customer service approximately 5 times, and every time I send them an email, I get a response within a couple of hours. The responses are always personal (you can tell they read what you wrote and are hand typing out a reply to you) and very helpful. Even if you lazily ask a question that is on the front page of their FAQ (like I have before), they'll still answer you quickly and completely. CONCLUSION: You can tell this is a company full of young people, and their energy shows straight through in every way. This app has helped me more than anything else I've used, and I'll continue to use it into the foreseeable future.