Typeform

Make data collection an experience with custom forms

Typeform Reviews

Pros

I used to use Typeform everyday for 2 years to design forms/questionnaires and analyze the results and I loved it. Insanely easy to use, great features and great pricing.

Ourania L.

Excellent user experience. I loved designing the typeforms and their customer support was excellent, something I really value.

Ourania L.

Shahila A.

Cons

A few users emailed us to say they their submission was unable to go through. A few lost entries as a result of glitches.

Christine L.

Limited in functionality beyond a question requiring multiple answers. Severe lack of customer service wanting to resort to only to email.

Michael B.

We have used Typeform for years but suddenly they changed their freemium model without any notifications, no emails, no announcement and all our forms stopped working.

Oliver L.

Great UI

Transcript

Jonathan: Hi, I'm Jonathan. I am the founder of a one man creative agency, and I give Typeform five stars....

One of the most versatile softwares I know of

Transcript

Alberto O.: I'm Alberto. I'm the founder of a college online educational consulting service for non-traditional...

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Great design and UX

I like creating and sending forms, and feel good about my recipients' experience with Typeform.

Pros

I love Typeform's stripped-down UX and the simplicity of use, both for creating a form and capturing responses. It's different from other in that it forces the respondent to consider one question at a time, so for long, complex forms it might be the wrong choice. But I like the forced simplicity.

Cons

It's a little pricey. You're paying for a the UX not necessarily features, which are substantially fewer than competitors.

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey. I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future" So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros

Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons

Doesn't save partial responses. Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers...

Great product, but focused more on aesthetic than functionality.

Overall, I'm generally satisfied, but there's room to improve on the functional end. Their #1 differentiator is this conversational, one-question-at-a-time concept, but it is not always the right approach, and they should allow a mix of approaches.

Pros

Typeform has a very nice feel. The experience for the end user is very clean and has a nice aesthetic. If you're trying to look modern and want to have a nice look and feel, Typeform is a big step up from Google forms. Also, if you are creating a survey or form for OTHERS to use, it is great.

Cons

There are some usability deficiencies that were frustrating. For instance, if I want to ask you to stack rank 5 options, I have to create 5 questions, and then present the previous answers, for each one. It's a hack that works, but it's not very smooth and it's a LOT of work for the admin. Also, the surveys ONLY work for external users. For instance, I cannot use it with a mix of direct and indirect...

My choice for survey builder

Typeform has help me to evaluate our services from customer feedback, and it is very critical for us to move forward. All the almost 2 years of experience working with this software has been fantastic and i will continue to using this software as our main survey builder software.

Pros

What i really like with Typeform is, they has very large choice of template that i can use for my survey and forms. It also has many survey categories like satisfaction survey that i have use for our customer to gives feedback on their satisfaction of our service. Integration with Google Analytics help me to read the data easier.

Cons

The result of the survey or data captured from the form is not comprehensive enough, that i need to using third-party service like Google Analytics to manage and organize the data better. Other than that, the pricing model is quite expensive unlike other software on the market has offered.

Fantastic software that packs a punch!

We've created several quizzes with Typeform that have over 4 different logic scenario outcomes. Those same quizzes are now collecting over 2,000 customer emails each month (for lead generation purposes). It's a fantastic piece of software that is super sleek, powerful, and integrates with all of the main platforms. It's heavily embedded into our marketing and customer service efforts, and we rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it integrates with so many different platforms.

Cons

While Typeform has a lot of features available, sometimes I find myself wanting to customize more items than It allows me to do. Because of such, we've had to find work-arounds for several different advanced solutions.

Skip The Boring Surveys PLUS Introduce All New Ways To Interact

Great. Its another tool in our quiver that is fun to use, boost engagement and provides and experience that our other software cannot. The user interface when creating a survey or application is excellent, easy to learn and fun to master. The end results are extremely pleasing.

Pros

My team has used Typeform for both internal and external applications. We wanted something that spiced up the boring, generic user experience you get with other similar products but offered and easy way to be creative. Typeform's interface is smart and you can pick up the platform very quickly by just playing around with it (their video tutorials help too). The best part about the software is the unique experience you can deliver. Its very interactive, fun, and opens many doors of creativity. The builder is strong and there are a lot of unique offerings.

Cons

Having experience with some higher end BI and analytics tools gives you a different perspective. The analytics and data behind a Typeform survey might not compete - but it shouldn't. This is experience focused and it does that really well, and gives you decent data as a bonus. Just know why you are using this and that it may fall short if you need very advanced data manipulation.

My favourite survey tool

Typeform makes it possible to create surveys that people want to complete. The process of answering is engaging, fun and pleasant. The data collection and view of overall results is also incredible!

Pros

The layout of questions on Typeform is incredible! It is certainly the most aesthetically appealing survey I have ever created. I have used the free version only!

Cons

It takes a bit of playing around and time to familiarise yourself with the question tools; this is not a major issue and is outweighed by the beauty of the end product.

AWESOME online forms tool

Typeform is the best online form-builder I've ever used. Build professional forms of any complexity

Pros

Typeform is my favorite online forms tool. It empowers you to build robust, beautifully designed forms with complex logic. It's extremely easy to build forms & extract submissions. Form submitters have a wonderful experience completing the intuitive forms. You can't go wrong with Typeform!

Cons

I have zero complaints about Typeform. It's awesome. I'd recommend Typeform to anyone, for any use-case.

Typeform - The fun and creative way to make surveys

My overall experience with Typeform has been great. It allows me to stay informed with our surveys with detailed charts and breakdown of survey answers.

Pros

The feature I like most about Typeform is how clean the software is and its ease of use. I previously used Google Forms but since using Typeform I have never gone back.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software was the limitations it had on its trial software. However, the software is so good to use we ended up having to purchase the full version. The price could be slightly cheaper.

Typeform's user friendly survey UI can also be limiting at times

I still use Typeform on a regular basis but it's ideal for short surveys. If you need to create longer, more complicated surveys, it's one question at a time UI can be limiting.

Pros

Typeform's one question at a time UI probably feels the most friendly to survey takers. It breaks up the survey into easy steps so people don't feel overwhelmed seeing all of the questions at once. Their survey builder is fairly intuitive to use once you figure out all of the options that are there (some can be hard to find). It also has a very helpful integration with Google Sheets so you can see all of the replies there updated automatically. Typeform's logic jump feature (ability to take a respondent to another question based on how they answered one of the previous ones) is helpful as well.

Cons

Typeform's one question at a time UI can also be limiting because sometimes, it makes more sense to ask a few questions together on one screen. For example, you may want to ask for someone's First name and Last name as separate questions, but Typeform would only show each question by themselves, on separate screens. Beyond the landing page if you choose to have one, there's no easy way to add your...

Forms That Feel Great

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

The best form experience

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a...

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly. I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Hands down the BEST survey builder

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating...

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Best form site I've ever used.

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros

I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons

Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Build form and survey with no coding

I my line of work, i need to use many form and survey to collect data from user and client to have the most current and precise data. Typeform help me to do it with easy and the report that can be generated from all the data collected help me to interprate the raw data better.

Pros

Building a form and survey with Typeform is the most easy to do, as it is using a drag and drop graphical interface, and no coding involve while building it. It also has time estimation for user to complete the form or survey which help them to know how much time they needed to complete it.

Cons

Using it with free plan has so much limitation to the tools that i can use to building the forms. I have upgrading to the premium account but not much advance tools in there that can compensate the cost for the premium plan. I hope they can add more feature and advance tools for the premium plan.

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros

The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons

The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Generates Leads On Its Own

Pros

We absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device. Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users. We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.

Cons

The "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys. The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.

Typeform makes forms fun!

We love creating new forms and seeing how much fun we can make them. This is a great platform and is a must have!

Pros

The customization and flow of forms makes forms more engaging and easier to complete. We have noticed more individuals filling out forms once we switched to Typeform due to the uniqueness and not overwhelming the individual with all the questions at once.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve when creating new forms. Changing an existing template when you are creating a new form will alter any saved forms using that template. The system should send a notification informing you if you make changes it will change other forms using that template.

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API. In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too. Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down...

Pros

Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers. Ease of use. Value for money.

Cons

Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it). Customer support not 24x7.

Creative online form

Pros

Typeform offering the most beautiful and interactive online form that are easy to customized it to our satisfaction. It make the user engaging more with the form and giving them a unique and fun experience even when they are dealing with the business form.

Cons

Typeform should always update and constantly adding more new template and design, so we can have more option when designing the form. Other than that, i have no other dissatisfaction with this software.