Typeform Reviews

Typeform

Make data collection an experience with custom forms

4.66/5 (341 reviews)

Pros
  • Very user friendly, free service is sufficient for most use practices and customer support is great. Highly recommend it if you need beautiful forms on your site.Sujee K.Read the full review
  • A more engaged audience and better response rates compared to standard emailings. It's quirky when you wanted, and innovative, and has lots of applications so it's rather great value for money.Edwin S.Read the full review
  • Ve used both the paid version and the free of typeform - and have found it to be the best I've ever used - easy to setup, good integrations, and look great from the user POV.Jamie F.Read the full review
Cons
  • Limited in functionality beyond a question requiring multiple answers. Severe lack of customer service wanting to resort to only to email.Michael B.Read the full review
  • We have used Typeform for years but suddenly they changed their freemium model without any notifications, no emails, no announcement and all our forms stopped working.Oliver L.Read the full review
  • Internal reporting tools are limited. The jump between pro and premium was a little hard to swallow and there is no options for any ala cart features.Don M.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Ciera Holschuh

Limited but reliable and clean

Reviewed 2019-12-05

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros
The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons
The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Jonathan Lowe

Forms That Feel Great

Reviewed 2020-03-29

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros
Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons
Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Adrian Drewett

Disappointed; significant number of results lost

Reviewed 2014-10-27

Typeform don't make it obvious, but they do NOT store partial or incomplete results. In my survey over 120 people started the survey, only 55 completed it. Partial responses would still have been hugely valuable to me, but they're not available with Typeform. They ARE available with SurveyMonkey. I wrote to TypeForm with feedback. Their response "About the issue with not-saved responses, it's the kind of confusion we try to avoid, asking users to test carefully their typeforms before using them..... we are not looking to implement this feature in the near future" So a warning to people: If any response (partial or full) is valuable to you in a survey, please be aware that TypeForm doesn't store the results until the final page where the person clicks "Submit".

Pros
Beautiful looking surveys, easy to setup, fantastic analysis tools.

Cons
Doesn't save partial responses. Some concern, as 3 seperate people reported not being able to submit at the end.

Response from Typeform.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

There is an issue around the legality (and morality) about storing answers a respondent gives before submitting. In paginated surveys such as those built with SM, the respondent needs to click on a "Next" button to go to the next page of questions. And in case the survey only has one page and the respondent does not click "Done", SM does not save the answers either.

To improve your completion rate, apart from applying a design or making colors and images fit your brand's, make sure to use picture choice and multiple choice whenever possible. Also use Long Text fields only when absolutely necessary and try to keep your survey as short as possible. The average completion rate our users are getting is 55% (which is considered high in the online survey industry) and we've seen some typeforms which follow these guidelines get completion rates as high as 80%.

It's unfortunate you only realized we don't save non-submitted answers after publishing your survey, and I'm truly sorry about that.

If there's anything I can help you with, don't hesitate getting back to me.

Pedro

Nadia Banna

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Reviewed 2020-01-31

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros
I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons
The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Matheus Rosendo Pedreira

The best form experience

Reviewed 2020-01-31

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros
Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons
There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Anonymous

Hands down the BEST survey builder

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2020-04-05

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros
Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating an additional answer option. You wouldn't think we'd have to be grateful for this kind of intuitive functionality, but sadly other form builders have made this something to celebrate. The plug-in to Noun Project for icons and Unsplash for stock photos makes it easy to create visually beautiful surveys too. There's also a whole untapped world of reference fields so you can easily integrate other information, like greeting a user by their name and auto-filling in their email address. It makes surveys more human, and that's a huge win.

Cons
There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.

Maya K

A modern and elegant solution to long and boring forms

Reviewed 2020-01-16

Typeform is great at what it does, but pricing is steep for a small company. I can do without it, but I'm using it because of the great design that helps my clients and internal staff to make feedbacks and surveys a more enjoyable process.

Pros
The design is the main attraction of Typeform. The logic jump (Premium Feature) is the one that sold it for me. I have multiple different versions of forms that I managed to combine into one thanks to the logic jump.

Cons
The cost is actually very pricey for what it does, just a form provider. However currently in the market, Typeform is the best looking form design and the logic jump is something I cannot do without nowadays.

Anonymous

Typeform makes forms fun!

Reviewed 2019-12-11

We love creating new forms and seeing how much fun we can make them. This is a great platform and is a must have!

Pros
The customization and flow of forms makes forms more engaging and easier to complete. We have noticed more individuals filling out forms once we switched to Typeform due to the uniqueness and not overwhelming the individual with all the questions at once.

Cons
There was a bit of a learning curve when creating new forms. Changing an existing template when you are creating a new form will alter any saved forms using that template. The system should send a notification informing you if you make changes it will change other forms using that template.

Kevin Adah

Easy/Quick/Powerful software that everyone should use!

Reviewed 2020-01-14

I found that Typeform made a seriously daunting task into an easy one. Lots of helpful tips and tricks online and I love their service support! 10/10

Pros
I love Typeform for making potential leads convert! It guides the form's user in an easy and professional way. I love the customized look I can give my forms and the support is the next level!

Cons
I own a business that needs calendar sync since my customers are booking I wish it was easier to book clients within Typeform and sync to my calendar.

Jonathan Tai

Great UI, powerful form features

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-12-12

Overall, fantastic. We built a very extensive interview test through Typeform that was not only mostly automated, but also had built-in scoring calculations for easier review of applicants.

Pros
Most feature rich form builder I've ever used by a long shot. And does a good job balancing its wealth of features with strong usability and UI design along with strong design for the front-facing users of the forms as well.

Cons
Very minor gripes about some of the latest UI for internal form-building. Could have a stronger organization system for multiple forms.

Ian Bowman-Henderson

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-12-11

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros
Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons
It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Jamie Drahos

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros
Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a little exposure, it quickly becomes apparent that they have made it faster than ever to create a form. v2 instantly displays changes that you make to your form and building it is as easy as typing in the browser. Along with its ease of use, Typeform offers more complex features that really allow you to expand your uses for the product. We use question branching and the calculator tool to make an inexpensive online quiz for a segment of our users. Typeform also supports embedding YouTube and Vimeo videos and uploading pictures.

Cons
There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

Paulo Diniz

Best form site I've ever used.

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-01

Excellent site with innovative UX and great service overall. Can't live without it.

Pros
I absolutely love Typeform. In my opinion, it's got the best User Experience overall. Its forms are customisable, but the best thing about it is the one-question-per-time structure. Specially great for long answers, although all kinds of answers work well. Also for when you, for some reason, don't want the person to peek into the other questions, or have some sort of "surprise" promo or something on one of the next questions. Also, the way the responses are shown makes it easy to find specific information. It's also got integration with Zapier to save you time, and offers many ready to use gorgeous templates.

Cons
Only 10 (ten) questions on free mode. Getting only 100 responses is already bad enough. Come on, if you at least offered a plan between free and Pro, more people would get it (specially in countries w/ less 'powerful' exchange rates).

Crystal Ignatowski

Generates Leads On Its Own

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Pros
We absolutely love Typeform for our business. We have created many lead generating surveys and tools to help our users. We have even converted our PDF applications into interactive typeforms so people can complete applications on their mobile device. Typeform is easy to use, the possibilities are endless, and it is fun for users. We like the ability to customize typeform for our business using our business color scheme and logo. We also like that we can customize our typeform link when sending to clients. It feels less like we are sending them to a third party software and more like they are still on our website.

Cons
The "Calculate" feature does not actually calculate in the sense of a real calculator. Rather, it calculates "points" if you are creating quizzes and surveys. The new Typeform interface is kind of hard to get used to simply because we were SO used to the old interface. It's always hard when software companies change up their tool or give their tool a face lift....it takes some getting used to. New users will have no difficulty though. It's only a con for us because we were used to their original interface.

Dave O'Reardon

Beautiful surveys. Platform not reliable enough yet

Reviewed 2016-11-23

We've been using Typeform surveys to collect data continually from our customers all over the world, continually, 24x7. We transfer survey data to our systems via Typeform's API. In terms of design and usability, the surveys are way ahead of the competition. It's great value for money too. Where I'm hesitant to recommend Typeform is in terms of reliability. The platform itself still goes down occasionally. In the last 12 months we've had two big issues that have both lasted a couple of days. In most use cases (if you want to run non-time-critical surveys, where an error message popping up is no big deal), Typeform is an amazing data collection instrument. But if your own brand/image depends on it, I think it's going to take a bit longer before Typeform's own infrastructure and architecture is robust enough. Customer care is always helpful and friendly. Just be aware that they're not available 24x7, which is noticeable if you're not in their timezone (CET).

Pros
Survey looks and works great across all hardware/browsers. Ease of use. Value for money.

Cons
Service not reliable enough (if your brand depends on it). Customer support not 24x7.

Jared DeLong

Modern, Smart Form Builder!

Reviewed 2019-05-10

Typeform allows us to learn more about new customers about to start the onboarding process while also saving us time by collecting the info we need from them using their logic jumps.

Pros
Typeform has developed a tool with not only a modern, engaging design, but also extremely powerful. You can create a map of logic jumps depending on answers submitted by the registrant.

Cons
Typeform can be a bit complex to use and it's hard to tell if something has saved automatically or not.

René Hans

Robust online form builder solution, room for further improvement

Reviewed 2018-01-10

Flexible and easy to use way to collect data to understand the needs and concern of our customers better.

Pros
Nice and very user interactive, engaging forms, perfect for mobile devices. Good and clean user interface for building and administrating forms. Seamless and stable integration of Stripe payments. Very flexible, you have all possibilities to use. I recommend to use it for collecting quick feedbacks with manageable data to collect. Very easy website and e-mail embed.

Cons
For me, typeform provides too much playful details and they stick on the "skip from one entry to the next" approach. That means you fill out one question and you have to click to skip to the next question. In my opinion, this is not always the best way to provide online forms to your folks. You have to click 10 times to fill out your name and your address, hmm.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Crystal Ignatowski

Beautiful Surveys - Great For Lead Gen

Reviewed 2017-05-31

Pros
We use Typeform primarily for lead generation. It is a beautiful way to capture information from people. It makes inputting information interactive, not boring and time-consuming. Customization is easy, and there are multiple ways to share your Typeform once you build it (embed it, create your own Typeform page, etc) What I loved best is that you could test the "pro" version out before buying AND you didn't need to start over. You can start on the free version, then upgrade to the pro version for free to try it out, and not have to spend time re-creating your content. Typeform duplicates your content for you and allows you to see what you could do to your Typeforms if you used the pro version. Super helpful. Customer support is great via email, Very professional and kind :)

Cons
No cons. The learning curve is easy, there are tons of Typeforms you can view beforehand for inspiration. There's really nothing not to like.

Cynthia Garcia

Great for Market Research

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-12-16

Pros
I am a college student involved in entrepreneurship endeavors with groups and have used Typeform to create surveys to collect research for some of our target groups. I find it very intuitive to use and love the choices when it comes to how I am able to ask the question (i.e. multiple choice, select many, short answer). I also really enjoy being able to see the metrics and analyze the responses we have received on the surveys. Being able to download the results data as an Excel spreadsheet is one of my favorite features! The reports feature is also really nice as I can use that to visually present information/results of the survey. Being able to share the surveys I create is also very easy!

Cons
As a student and not a constant user, I wish there were different packages available to fit my needs. I cannot justify upgrading for more features such as being able to add other people to your workspace, when I am able to get the survey done myself and report back the findings. I would be nice if instead of maybe adding people to the workspace that would be able to make edits and create surveys, that they could just view the results. It would save me some time and help my teams collaborate better. Overall, I really enjoy the basic plan, but would consider upgrading if there was a package that fit my needs better!

Garrett Genest

One of My Favourites

Reviewed 2019-02-06

Great tool, great support, great integrations, very good pricing. Highly recommended.

Pros
Typeform is the only survey tool that I can say I enjoy using. The surveys look fantastic, the flexibility of customization is amazing (definitely above other platforms in the space), and it's surprisingly easy to set up integrations or use some of the more complex features without needing too much hand-holding. I have reached out to support numerous times for everything from feature requests (I've sent many of those over the years) to trying to figure out how to do something crazy with a Typeform and the support team is always all over it. Great support team for sure!

Cons
Typeform has less functionality than some platforms like SurveyGizmo, but for 99.9% of people out there, that won't be an issue. One nit that has bugged me forever is that even if you subscribe to Typeform, by default every form you create will include the Typeform branding and you have to manually turn this off every single time. If you pay for the service, the white-labeling should be turned on by default.

Quinn Ballard

The Design + Capabilities of Typeform Blows Other Form Builders Away

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-17

I couldn't imagine using any other form builder. Because Typeform has an up-to-date look and feel and has great features like logic jumps, the ability to add GIFs into forms, and several embedding options, I have been a fan from the beginning. Their style is a perfect fit for my business because it's clean, modern, but powerful.

Pros
I love that Typeform both looks great without compromising utility or usefulness. It helps keep people who fill out the form engaged because of smooth transitions between questions. Most form builders get the job done but look generic or outdated – Typeform is anything but that. I sent a questionnaire to some clients last year, but I sent half of the clients the questionnaire built with Typeform and I sent the other half other clients the exact same questions using another form builder. I got almost an 85% response rate using the Typeform version, while the other form builder barely got a 60% response rate. Exact same questions sent, but I saw evidence that the better looking form (from Typeform) played a role in a higher response rate.

Cons
Typeform updated the form builder several months ago and I've run into some issues where older Typeforms (i.e. forms made before the update) didn't properly migrate or some questions were removed from the form. Even though support helped resolve it, it was frustrating that I had to go back and test/troubleshoot forms that had previously been working for years.

Alberto Olivo

One of the most versatile softwares I know of

Reviewed 2019-12-03

Typeform has been one of those products that has taken our company to the next level. We use it for lead generation, recruiting applications, exams to test potential hires, internal team building and improvements, and so much more. It is a really cool, intuitive, and fun product to use. The ideas are endless with how to use it.

Pros
The flexibility of the product is outstanding. You can customize anything and everything; from the question types to custom fields to typeform backgrounds to redirect to adding images and gifs and so so much more. It allows for you to transmit your brand personality and image in every aspect and therefore improving the user experience.

Cons
I do not like how there is no mobile app for this product. Other than that there is little to negative things to say.

Maria Gaston

Customize to your Brand Standards Seamlessly

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-03-14

Such a great tool, and like I mentioned before, it's fun to use!

Pros
I've used Typeform primarily for surveys, polls, and just gathering data as a whole. I want to start off by stating that this is a fun tool to use. The UI on the site is visually appealing, it's inviting, and it's very user friendly. They've got such a large array of different templates and tools available for generating content that is specific to your brand, and without making you spend too much time while at it. I'm usually performing surveys through Typeform and the pre-filled templates have been so essential in cutting down time on my end to compile a list and type them out manually, one by one. Additionally, each survey has a stats section in which I can view all responses. This is a fantastic tool, and having it all in one place is super convenient.

Cons
There isn't much in particular that I dislike. I think 'My workspace' was a bit difficult to use when I first started. There wasn't on-boarding when I first started to use it, which would have been nice. Help docs are great, but sometimes its just nice to have a bit of a walkthrough on some new features or for new users at first glance.

Kristin Cole

Happy Customers - Happier Staff!

Reviewed 2019-09-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Typeform is what we have been looking for FOR YEARS. We have a complex questionnaire that we need our clients to fill out and this has made the experience so much easier for our clients and staff. The logic jumps are a GAME CHANGER. The user interface is clean and modern. LOVE THIS PROGRAM.

Pros
Customizable forms with so many options! Easy to use for basic forms - somewhat easy to learn for complex forms. Logic jumps to simplify and personalize forms for a positive user experience Ability to integrate videos, photos, and more

Cons
There is no phone support - only email support. Response time from a representative can take a couple of days. The logic jumps can get a little complex and have a bit of a learning curve if you are making complex forms - but it is doable!

Katsuyoshi Maekubo

Make tickets with Typeform

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Overall, Typeform has been a revelation. It has allowed us to analyze what kind of queries we were getting from both inside and outside customers.

Pros
Our organization uses Typeform to handle both internal and external customer servicing. Anytime we want to have a conversation with for example another employee regarding a certain task, we make a Typeform. The customer service team then re-assigns this Typeform to the other employee using our workflow tool. Typeform is like having a an offline conversation through an online form with fields. This allows you to collect data and make insights.

Cons
New users will have to study and learn how to create forms. Aside from this, I haven't had any problems with Typeform. Not sure what all the fuss is online, but it suits our needs.