Typeform Reviews

User ratings

4.7

• Likelihood to recommend8.65/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Typeform help me to do it with easy and the report that can be generated from all the data collected help me to interprate the raw data better.
I love how nice looking the forms are. Beautifully designed forms encourage more people to fill them out.
So far this software has been amazing. I love the way the forms look and feel when you fill them out.
A few users emailed us to say they their submission was unable to go through. A few lost entries as a result of glitches.
Limited in functionality beyond a question requiring multiple answers. Severe lack of customer service wanting to resort to only to email.
We have used Typeform for years but suddenly they changed their freemium model without any notifications, no emails, no announcement and all our forms stopped working.

Typeform users...

VideoAsk-logocaret

VideoAsk

Jotform-logocaret

Jotform

How would you rate Typeform?

Jonathan T.

Co-Founder

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Great UI

Transcript

Jonathan: Hi, I'm Jonathan. I am the founder of a one man creative agency, and I give Typeform five stars....

Typeform - a better form system

Transcript

Tyler: Hi, I'm Tyler. I'm a co-founder, and I would give Typeform five out of five. To see more reviews...

Una herramienta potente

Pros

Usamos Typform para todas nuestras encuestas. Fácil creación de encuestas. Implementación de la logica de forma sencilla.

Cons

Es muy sencilla de usar y personalizar para que la encuesta tenga la misma imagen corporativa de la marca.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Great for almost everything. Beautiful forms

Fantastic survey tool. As far as lead capture/marketing use goes, it did a lot of things really nicely but came juuuuust short of being a truly all-in-one marketer's form software.

Pros

Look and feel of finished forms was always top-notch. We find multi-step forms to perform much better so typeform's one question at a time worked great for most applications. logic was very easy to build, question type options allowed for a wide variety of forms to be built. Doesn't cost an arm and leg either. If using for surveys, the data from the insights is easy to use.

Cons

Only 2 issues, 1 very small and 1 slightly limiting. First, I really wanted to have them fill out their address on one screen. This wasn't possible with the one-question pages which work for most things but make mailing addresses inconvenient and lengthy. Second and slightly more importantly, once you branch out of their hosted forms things weren't always as reliable. Thinks like pop-up features which...

Easy to Use but Awful for Reporting

Pros

This is very easy to use and set up. Plenty of templates to choose from.

Cons

Being able to pull the information from the system to a database does not work very well. Would like to see better options for exporting information.

Typeform

Typeforms are awesome! It's been really easy to use from the start and is extremely reliable when it comes to third-party integrations working smoothly without regular errors. It's easy to collaborate and manage with fellow team members and as a team, we love it. It has its shortcomings but with a few improvisations of extra fields and third-party integrations here and there, you can get the best out of Typeforms.

Pros

What I like most is the opportunity to extremely personalize forms. You can do this with the data the user has just filled in or with data you have coming with from third-party apps, in my case Airtable. This gives you an opportunity to connect better with your lead and get a higher form completion rate.

Cons

Typeform needs to expand its integration with Airtable. You can create forms within Typeforms from tables on AIrtable but it has shortcomings for me. I have my data stored in Airtable but it's not possible to bring all multi-select field types or linked records when creating a form. I can easily export the responses to Airtable and add missing records later, manually, but It would be much better if I could have all fields on the form as it is on Airtbale with linked records. Also, it's sustainable to keep doing this manually if you collect a lot of data.

The best way to make forms

100 out of 100. Simply the best

Pros

Typeform is one of the best tools we use on the commpany, its so easy and have a lot of options when is integrated with zapier

Cons

For the moment, we don´t have any problem, maybe the only feature we ask for is to have a format question when cards numbers are captureted

Best looking survey tool but expensive

Simple to use with great focus design and bunch of options to choose from.

Pros

Great design with simple focus design to keep people in survey.

Cons

Price is little to high since there is great free alternatives.

Typeform helped us with the Lead Gen on our website

Pros

Best features of the Typeform: - Ease of Creating forms - Customization - Branding/Design - Data Export ease

Cons

Cons of the Platform: - Pricing We as a small company can only think of one con because otherwise this is a perfect platform for form automation.

Best premium Form Builder

I have used it for more than a year now for creating assessments and quizzes and so far the experience was great.

Pros

It has a great user interface and building/designing forms is very easy. It also provides custom branding, form automation and custom logic builder.

Cons

All the features are great but it would be great if I customize the view of the result of the submission.

Great for building quick surveys

Pros

We use this for internal surveys and it suits its purpose

Cons

I'm sure paid versions of similar products offer more functionality

Saira's review on Typeform

I use and recommend Typeform personally because data capturing, data entry, lead generation, transfer, distribution of data, and data analytics are so much easier by using this software to run a business intelligence.

Pros

Typeform is one of the best software for generating and designing the forms, as it is easily integrated with other web apps too.

Cons

It should allow at least to integrate of a few more apps like Hubspot etc

Typeform has one of the most natural UI to design human centered forms and survey.

I have an extensive experience with software from the times of start-up to today. I would like to mention a specific case where we used software for an academic extensive survey. During the days of the Pandemic, Typeform supported the community extensively by providing pro accounts to the researchers specific to COVID-19. With the help of Typeform we have collected 11k of feedback from academics about their perceptions on how COVID changed their teaching in higher education. Thanks to the Typeform we collected a massive data that is used extensively for academic articles in Turkey.

Pros

As the title suggests, Typeform is for people who would like to ask opinions with style, rather than outdated web alternatives with boring designs. In social research, the first step to impress someone is to show them that the form or survey is specifically tailored to the user experience. With Typeform you can create this feeling from the introduction to the end of the survey. UI is very friendly and compatible with almost any device capable of web browsing. It is one of the true-responsive web applications out there. Not just user experience, but designing forms is also a breeze which provides new learners easy to control. Also for experienced form designing, logic system provides all the essential tools that one can possibly need.

Cons

Apart from the all responsive nature of user interface. Designing and editing form is currently for desktop browsers. Ablility to transform surveys into exams or quizez with audit support may extend the functionality further.

Great product, but focused more on aesthetic than functionality.

Overall, I'm generally satisfied, but there's room to improve on the functional end. Their #1 differentiator is this conversational, one-question-at-a-time concept, but it is not always the right approach, and they should allow a mix of approaches.

Pros

Typeform has a very nice feel. The experience for the end user is very clean and has a nice aesthetic. If you're trying to look modern and want to have a nice look and feel, Typeform is a big step up from Google forms. Also, if you are creating a survey or form for OTHERS to use, it is great.

Cons

There are some usability deficiencies that were frustrating. For instance, if I want to ask you to stack rank 5 options, I have to create 5 questions, and then present the previous answers, for each one. It's a hack that works, but it's not very smooth and it's a LOT of work for the admin. Also, the surveys ONLY work for external users. For instance, I cannot use it with a mix of direct and indirect...

Typeform's user friendly survey UI can also be limiting at times

I still use Typeform on a regular basis but it's ideal for short surveys. If you need to create longer, more complicated surveys, it's one question at a time UI can be limiting.

Pros

Typeform's one question at a time UI probably feels the most friendly to survey takers. It breaks up the survey into easy steps so people don't feel overwhelmed seeing all of the questions at once. Their survey builder is fairly intuitive to use once you figure out all of the options that are there (some can be hard to find). It also has a very helpful integration with Google Sheets so you can see all of the replies there updated automatically. Typeform's logic jump feature (ability to take a respondent to another question based on how they answered one of the previous ones) is helpful as well.

Cons

Typeform's one question at a time UI can also be limiting because sometimes, it makes more sense to ask a few questions together on one screen. For example, you may want to ask for someone's First name and Last name as separate questions, but Typeform would only show each question by themselves, on separate screens. Beyond the landing page if you choose to have one, there's no easy way to add your...

Forms That Feel Great

In my online marketing business, we use forms a lot. We sign-up customers, get logo requests, receive feedback, and more. And being a marketing business, we try our best to make the customer's experience working with us as easy and genial as possible. Forms often break that experience, but Typeform provided an excellent solution. This is one of those try it and you'll see type products. The form builder is simple, the form logic is robust and also very easy to implement, and their export options to gsuite integrates with our businesses flawlessly. And by the numbers, we converted more customers to clients at form-time.

Pros

Very few businesses don't require some sort of form, and yet when you ask a customer to "please fill out this form," they clam up, feel annoyed, and sometimes think of bureaucracy. In my business, we try to avoid forms wherever possible, but it's inevitable. Typeform elegantly solved this problem (my favorite thing about their product) by making forms an experience, and providing us a way to build forms that our customers don't mind completing. The form interface focuses on one question at once, then smoothly flows to the next, giving our customers a sense of completion, and-dare I say it-fun. Typeform also lets us customize forms with graphics/images to make them more gorgeous rather than a bland white or grey background.

Cons

Sharing Typeforms is similar to other form products: embed in websites, share via email, send a link. We use those often and we're accustomed to it. However, we'd love to see more integrations with popular online web-builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace. Often, these web builders interferes with or doesn't correctly present the embed code we get from Typeform. Additionally, it would be fantastic to have a responsive embed code. With so many devices and screen sizes, embedding a fixed size creates problems for some customers-yes, you can work around this with a popup, but sometimes we don't want that particular experience.

Beautiful, online forms in a highly user-friendly format

Typeform has allowed me to present beautiful surveys to my clients so they can share their thoughts, opinions and needs. It's pleasant to use, both for me and for my clients, and it's fun and fresh in the design and style. I have also been able to get further insight into the data collected thanks to the Typeform analytics dashboard. It's great to have a tool I can use when I need to rapidly create and publish a survey and engage my customers in completing it! I can rely on its well-thought out features and analytics tools.

Pros

I love how the forms work for the user: they're original, nice looking and highly functional. When someone fills out your questionnaire, they see each question individually. Once they answer it, they hit "enter" and they see the next question. The forms are very nice looking, with a good color scheme and font--it's definitely eye-catching and helps the user to focus on the question on the screen. Typeform looks professional and is an excellent way to gather information from your clients or anyone else you need to survey. It's also easy to create the survey itself and equally intuitive with its drag and drop style. The one-question-at-a-time format also helps to increase the number of completed forms, as it's not overwhelming, like a page of questions might be.

Cons

The price is reasonable but definitely adds another cost to your business for a single service that could be replaced by a free product. It is, however, worth the price if you regularly use surveys in your business. For those who'd like to add a logo or other additional business-specific designs, Google Forms would be a better bet as Typeform's branding possibilities are minimal. For my business I think Typeform is ideal, presentation-wise, but I have thought about how it might look less professional depending on whom I'm surveying (for example, very formal or traditional clients).

Form builder? How about "Minimally Viable Product" builder!

Typeform is an incredible tool for testing out ways to disguise data capture / lead gathering as something that is providing actual value to the user. It's not a request for advertising proposals, it is a "campaign builder". It is not an online order form, it is a "savings calculator." Essentially, you can leverage the slick UX to make the users think their inputs are causing something to "happen" behind the scenes. This capability is further supported by Typform's intuitive UI for building logic and calculations into the form. Typeform lets you increase inbound leads and try out ideas for larger (custom dev) web projects with minimal time commitment at a very attractive price point.

Pros

Typform's fancy/expensive looking UX is its absolute selling point. It isn't the most flexible form builder in the world, but it does what it does well and it looks great doing it. The developers clearly recognized the massive amount of custom webapp development that was going into making – essentially – slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms and decided they should just make a webapp for making slick, expensive-looking multi-step forms.

Cons

It is definitely not the most robust solution in terms of functionality. It only has a couple options for how your forms will look, it only has a few integrations for what your forms can do... and that is largely by design. This isn't the Gravity Forms wordpress plugin. This is a specialized tool for leveraging slick UX to make crude data capture masquerade as something more sophisticated.

Limited but reliable and clean

Typeform is very user friendly, especially on the presentation end (your surveys appear clean and professional - which I find makes people more inclined to complete). On the back end, it is relatively easy to navigate through creating what you need and tailoring it, but can be a bit confusing and limited when exporting and analyzing the data gathered.

Pros

The best thing about Typeform is how clean, nice and professional your surveys turn out without doing too much work on your part in formatting the look of it. Reliable as a fairly quick to use aesthetically pleasing presentation.

Cons

The one hang up that I continue to find frustrating in using this platform for surveys is the way that you are able to access and view the data collected. I feel that Xcel style spreadsheets and somewhat outdated and an inefficient form of collecting and analyzing your data. For my usage, I have had trouble in finding other options as far as formatting to export your data.

Great design and UX

I like creating and sending forms, and feel good about my recipients' experience with Typeform.

Pros

I love Typeform's stripped-down UX and the simplicity of use, both for creating a form and capturing responses. It's different from other in that it forces the respondent to consider one question at a time, so for long, complex forms it might be the wrong choice. But I like the forced simplicity.

Cons

It's a little pricey. You're paying for a the UX not necessarily features, which are substantially fewer than competitors.

Elegant and effective forms for many different uses.

Typeform is very inexpensive for the features it offers and people are very impressed with the end result. We have been able to use it for much more than just a simple form or survey. They seem to be improving the product with v2 and it comes with no additional cost.

Pros

Form or surveys built with Typeform have a unique look that is easy to navigate and compatible with any device. Responsive design makes your form work on both desktop and mobile. Additionally, there are several ways to deploy your form. Their copy/paste code makes it very easy to create popups or overlays on your website. Typeform v2 just launched and it is a drastic change from v1, but with a...

Cons

There are two aspects of Typeform that I do not like. First, each "question" only allows you to upload one image and embed one video. I realize that this keeps it clean and elegant looking, but I would like the choice to use more if I want. Second, it would be nice if it supported basic HTML code for things like embedding a video from your own video service. Currently, I have to re-upload videos that we use to an unlisted YouTube account in order to use them in Typeform.

The best form experience

My experience with Typeform has been great, everything that I thought I wanted to do was possible.

Pros

Typeform is the best tool for creating forms that we have used so far. It creates the experience that we think is the better one for our users.

Cons

There are too many features locked behind a paywall. Because of that, we end up using google forms even though it is worse.

Top of class Form & Survey Tool

Working with Typeform has been a joy. The fact that it integrates with just about every other tool under the sun (either through direct integration or via Zapier), really allows you to streamline your processes.

Pros

Typeform is a really solid product with a great team behind it. The admin panel is very intuitive and easy to use. Even if you’re new to a tool like this, you can get up and running fairly quickly. I also love the ability to create conversational forms that allow users to focus on a single question at a time. This is a way better approach that shoving a ton of questions in front of someone at once.

Cons

Overall Typeform is an incredible product. My only concern is their pricing.. Its fairly expensive for a form tool.

Create quick, accurate surveys with the best platforms

Now I can easily develop the survey forms I need, as well as get the results ready to start the study because Typeform enables us to complete all the operations successfully.

Pros

One of the best tools for creating surveys that I've ever come across. As a user of Typeform, you don't have to be an expert in survey design; all you have to do is fill in the survey questions in the form Typeform provides, and in a matter of minutes you'll be able to send the survey to your target audience. For those who dislike clunky, dated user interfaces, Typeform is the perfect solution. It...

Cons

It's hard to find spam in Typeform, easy to use during all stages. I just need to remove some restrictions on modifying parts of ready-made templates, to better suit my needs.

Fresh Take on Better Surveys

Great. Makes the boring old survey chore, more of a fun choice. Allows us to be more creative and put out more engaging surveys with easier interfaces that result in improved completion rates. The back end is slick. The builder works. It is easy to implement conditional logic and the overall experience feels like an actual advancement over older software.

Pros

After years of using older software, we gave Typeform a try. It is more engaging, more modern and has more user-friendly options when crafting internal and external surveys. Ease of set up is there, and it has great logic and intelligence behind the pretty interface.

Cons

Not a lot to not like, however would like to see some additional analytics. This depends on your goal and purpose, as well as the way you set up the tool. However I would have liked to segment my inbound data slightly different. Not a deal breaker by any means,

Fantastic software that packs a punch!

We've created several quizzes with Typeform that have over 4 different logic scenario outcomes. Those same quizzes are now collecting over 2,000 customer emails each month (for lead generation purposes). It's a fantastic piece of software that is super sleek, powerful, and integrates with all of the main platforms. It's heavily embedded into our marketing and customer service efforts, and we rely on it on a daily basis.

Pros

I love how easy this product is to use, and how well it integrates with so many different platforms.

Cons

While Typeform has a lot of features available, sometimes I find myself wanting to customize more items than It allows me to do. Because of such, we've had to find work-arounds for several different advanced solutions.

Hands down the BEST survey builder

You may not realize why you really need to switch to Typeform until you've actually tried it. There's just something about it that feels more human and welcoming, and makes the survey-taking process less painful and more fun. Both as a survey builder and as a survey taker. There's a lot of form-building software out there, but you owe it to yourself to at least give this a try. You won't regret it.

Pros

Typeform is hands down the best survey builder out there because it prioritizes the user experience. Surveys and feedback forms are a headache to take at the best of times, so the user interface should be beautiful, intuitive, and human-centric. The experience as a survey builder isn't half bad either. The platform does exactly what you expect, like copy/pasting content blocks and the enter key creating...

Cons

There aren't a whole lot of cons when it comes to the survey building and the survey-taking experience on Typeform. The only complaints on our team have been from the more hardcore research types who want a lot of features available for analysis and reporting. Typeform does a great basic report that far exceeds what most people need, and you can generate a shareable link that updates as the answers update. But for some more advanced reporting features, our researchers prefer SurveyGizmo, which also has some more advanced translation features for surveys in other languages.