Zendesk Reviews

239 reviews & ratings from the GetApp Community

User ratings

Rating summary

Verified Reviewer  8th of June

Can self-service and help desk get any more intuitive?

This product is amazing for organization with 1 support person to a 100. Easy, fast, integrates with stuff you already use. Basically, you know Zendesk is good when companies using Salesforce decide to also get Zendesk to complement Saleforce for their Service needs instead of just using Desk.com. Plus, Zendesk has other cool products like Bimeanalytics.

Verified Reviewer  24th of May

Zendesk Saved Our Support Team

What isn't there to say about the greatness of Zendesk? It's amazing. We use Voice, Chat, and the ticketing system flawlessly. Zendesk has unified my support team and created a quicker way to resolve requests.

Pros: Quick, Easy, Affordable

Cons: So far, I can't think of any improvements.

Verified Reviewer  20th of May

Support that doesn't suck anymore

My company has been using Zendesk for many years and i've personally been a team member on different companies accounts for projects over the years. I have nothing but good things to say for this software, its easy to use, constantly updated, widely supported and makes it possible to complete many complex help desk tasks with ease.

Pros: The overall design and simple approach to help desk software

Cons: Honestly, nothing is really a con. I do wish it were easier to tag/group tickets being worked on but otherwise the software is great.

Verified Reviewer  5th of May

Simple to use, if you don't want to get fancy

We manage all of our support activities on Zendesk, which allows us to follow up on tickets, track support agent activities, and speed up our response times.

Pros: Does a great job of managing tickets, agent activity, prompting follow up, and making sure nothing falls through the cracks. Creating and organizing the website is simple too.

Cons: There is very little customization possible in how you create and organize your site. It's very basic, things are controlled like where you can put a link and the setup of sub-levels. I wish there was a way to build custom templates and site structure.

4 of 4 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  25th of April

I Love ZenDesk!

I've used ZenDesk for over 4 years, and it's the best help desk tool out there! Whether you just need a simple email-based help desk or a full-on enterprise-level multi branded instance with voice and chat (I've had both), it never feels overwhelming to configure. It's easy to navigate, it's super customizable, and has tons of ready-made integrations with the other applications you already use (that work perfectly out of the box). They practice what they preach: not only will you get amazing service every time, but access to a treasure trove of well-written product documentation plus other soft-skill resources to help your team refine their customer service chops.

Pros: *intuitive interface *fully-customizable workflows *integrates with everything, and if it doesn't, they have a great API *amazing service *impressive, detailed documentation *free learning opportunities, and occasional local community networking

Cons: Only one: price. But you WILL get what you pay for, and you won't regret the investment!

Verified Reviewer  15th of April

A simple, cost-effective helpdesk platform

My firm has been using Zendesk for nearly 5 years now. We are a small IT service company and have been able to effectively use Zendesk to support our customers quickly and with minimal fuss. Our clients generally only have to send an email to our support address and that is how they will interact with the product. With a few exceptions, Zendesk has worked flawlessly for us.

Pros: -Simple, responsive, easy to use interface -Keyboard shortcuts for quick ticket processing -Tabbed ticket viewing -In the past 5 years, I can only think of a couple instances of outages that lasted more than a few minutes

Cons: -Unable to assign a ticket to an organization -- we have to create dummy user's inside an organization in order to create general tickets for our clients that aren't assigned to a particular user -How the "time to first reply" metric is measured doesn't count if an agent opens a ticket for a client, so we have to create the ticket and then immediately reply to it to stop the counter

3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Marketing Business Analyst (SEM) (Financial Services company, 1001-5000 employees)
Verified Reviewer  27th of January

Easy Enough

I first worked with ZenDesk during a short freelance assignment. My job was just to triage incoming customer messages for the customer support team to respond to later. The company I did this for was not local, but the app was easy enough to use without any advanced knowledge or training on it. I later did some more research into the functionality of the app for another company I freelanced for and it looked like a very useful tool for them to use in order to support their customer base (no decision was made by the company to sign up for the service during the length of my freelance assignment with them).

Pros: Easy to learn and use, even with no prior knowledge or training

Cons: I didn't have the chance to really explore the full functionality of the app during my brief interactions with it

3 of 3 people found this review helpful
Sales (Internet company, 5001-10000 employees)
Verified Reviewer  23rd of December, 2015

ZenDesk seems to be what all of our competitors were using

When we researched help desk tools, we found that almost all our competitors and almost all of the companies we admired used Zen. We signed up and have been really happy with it. It is easy to use and has all the functionality you are expecting.

Pros: The usability is really good. It makes the whole support process very easy.

Cons: Some tickets get put in a weird state if Zen doesn't like the attachment. I forget the specifics of the situation but some tickets seem to get missed if it goes into this state.

Verified Reviewer  18th of December, 2015

The best customer support tool!

With our growing customer base, we had outgrown our previous tool. Each our of users needed their our support login. We went with Zendesk, being the market leader. It also helped us automate our support activities and build a forum and user community. Zendesk is fairly easy to use and adapt to.

Pros: Easy customizations, ability to create forums, announcements, OOO, etc... Macros to automate certain business flows. Useful analytics

Cons: Poor support. Can take up to 2-4 days mostly after their product releases. FRT calculation is not provided OOTB for regular accounts. This is a pretty basic feature needed across the board. Features like exporting rating comments are also not available in our edition. Application is sometimes slow in access.

Verified Reviewer  27th of November, 2015

ZenDesk for the extra layer of customer support.

My company works with telecommunications companies all over the world. We currently have offices in the United States, Canada, Italy, Australia, and Germany. When our customers do not need to utilize our immediate LiveChat service they create support email tickets through our ZenDesk program. I am immediately notified of all incoming requests for support which allows me to quickly respond to the needs of our customers. There are lots of integrations and the reporting/analytics allows me to keep track of how we are doing compared to the industry standard. Since we are an expanding company ZenDesk has allowed us to constantly meet our customer demands without the normal growing pains.

Pros: The pricing is extremely affordable for both large and small business- depending on your specific needs. Customer support staff is always available and eager to assist. Detailed reporting and apps integrations are added bonuses. Ability to add tags and even group ticket. Manage client needs quickly and with ease.

Cons: I have not had an issue in over three years of using ZenDesk. There have been many updates and additions to the program and each of them has been beneficial to my company and customers. I have no doubt that if I do have an issue, complaint, suggestion- that the support staff will be right there for me.

1 of 3 people found this review helpful
IT Support Engineer/System Operations (Consumer Goods company, 501-1000 employees)
Verified Reviewer  6th of October, 2015

Zendesk Just OK

Zendesk could be great as a customer service tool however we use it as a Help-Desk IT tool. The forms do not work as well as I would hope mostly because the form information does not come across in the body of the ticket rather it's all on the side and not easy to read. to be able to really automate and customize anything you need to purchase extra 3rd party apps and add to the already high cost of Zendesk. In my opinion it might be best to find something else or at least extensively test everything.

Pros: interface is easy to use, knowledgebase works ok

Cons: Forms do not work well need 3rd party apps for automations cost

4 of 4 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  2nd of October, 2015

Easy button for helpdesk software

Excellent platform for helpdesk. Internal and external customers will love it.

Pros: Intense KB. Public discussions. Great helpdesk tools to manage issues and see team metrics. Surveys. Email threading. Mobile app.

Cons: Could improve integration with internal Knowledge Base and problem resolution. (Eg metadata/key work matching to suggest answers)

Solid iOS app!

The app works well, I use it when I'm away from the office during lunch or at a meeting.

Pros: The application works without issues.

Cons: The menu is a bit different on the app, but all the functionality is there.

Verified Reviewer  29th of September, 2015

Good solution for a startup

Zendesk was used as the primary "support" comm after the launch of an app I was involved with. There were very few complaints about the ease of use or glitching during the hectic hours after the release of the app. Overall, this was a well-priced help desk solution for a small team managing very general feedback/support questions about a mobile app.

Pros: Any member of the team was able to begin using it and answer questions, so a huge pro is ease of use. The pricing was ideal for what we are looking for.

Cons: For enterprise SAAS, it might be more expensive than what we used it for, but you get what you pay for, so that shouldn't be a deterrent. Support is one of the most crucial elements of a business and I would pay for the more expensive packages if needed.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful
VMUG Leader (Information Technology and Services company, 1-10 employees)
Verified Reviewer  29th of September, 2015

Zendesk is a great SaaS helpdesk, quick to deploy, easy to maintain and easy to use. While I have had experience with other competitors as well, Zendesk hits the right price point and is easier to configure/deploy/change than other products I have used. Zen desk provided us with great value as we can use the iOS and Android apps to stay up to date while in the field.

Pros: Easy to 'brand,' configure, setup custom menu selections and knowledgebase for easier user self service. Great reporting tools too.

Cons: While SaaS based anything has an initial learning curve, this one is relatively quick to master. Technical Support is very quick/helpful when necessary too.

2 of 2 people found this review helpful
Verified Reviewer  17th of September, 2015

So far so good

We've been using zendesk for a little over a month now. We're still on their $1 plan and are happy so far. It has allowed us to manage our customer service in a much more organized manner and things don't fall through the cracks. I'm sold!

Pros: easy to use from the get go and keeps everything organized

Cons: nothing I can think of

Verified Reviewer  14th of September, 2015

Best value for the money

A lot of people use Zendesk and some big ones... I just add a ticket opened from Lenovo and they are using it! Starting from 1$/ month you won't find anything cheaper for what it offers. It gives your business a professional appearrance.

Pros: Cheap, easy interface, good customer support at Zendesk

Cons: Nothing yet. We all want more for cheaper but in this case i will pay the 1$

Free Trial

Director of Operations & HR (Computer Software company, 51-200 employees)
Verified Reviewer  10th of September, 2015

Great, simple ticketing system

ZenDesk allows your IT team to log, track, complete, and report on all IT issues that are happening within the organization. The simple "Submit a Request" url allows the user to submit a ticket. Most of our employees have added it to their desktop bookmarks so they can access it easily. No bells and whistles, but gets the job done with ease.

Pros: Great for tracking and holding the IT team accountable. Simple and easy to use.

Cons: For what we need it to do, there aren't any cons that I can think of.

6-12 months

Technology Manager (Restaurants company, 1001-5000 employees)
Verified Reviewer  7th of August, 2015

Zendesk Review

Very happy with our Zendesk purchase. We initially purchased it for just a help desk. With all the built-in functionality we can now tie in our remote desk top utility as well as tie in the system we use for our asset management. Very pleased with how easy it has been to get set up, get it up and running and how easy it is for our internal staff to use. There wasn't any training required and everyone has been using it flawlessly.

Pros: We are able to tie in our asset management and remote desktop utility

Cons: I haven't found any flaws.

Verified Reviewer  19th of December, 2014

We can't support our customers without Zendesk. Period.

After using Zendesk, our average response time for support requests has reduced by 52% and overall customer happiness has improved by 12%. Also, since we are an existing Zopim customer, we felt right at home with the user interface and the Zopim + Zendesk integration is just pure genius. Our support team can create tickets on the fly during conversations with our customers by just clicking a single button. Now, that's convenient. In fact, after using Zendesk, we saw fewer premium cancellations and an increase in trial to paid conversion rate. We didn't do anything different earlier except that we started using Zendesk. Our awesome support team now have the right tool to support our super awesome customers. To sum it up, it's simple, easy and just works perfectly well.

1 of 4 people found this review helpful
Verified Reviewer  4th of November, 2014

Bad pricing structure.

This is not business friendly. Pricing is way to high and they put this 1 dollar service that comes with nothing.

Pros: Nice service if your a fortune 500 company.

Cons: The price structure is developed by some MBA guy. Its an online platform people, get over yourself.

5 of 12 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  25th of June, 2014

Great idea, really bad....

I know the say 40,000 customers, but I question how many are happy. We're small, we manage under 10 websites that need unique customer service emails. We have a few agents, some need to see all sites, others just 1. We just wanted basic email tickets from inbound email, assign to the right person, reply, all syncs up... not too much to ask. We're about 4 months in, and its been a pretty horrible experience. While customer service does answer the phone at Zen, getting the same answer twice is rare. You basically need a PHD in Zen and very few, even at the company have it. I suppose a large company pays them to do it or has a dedicated IT Zen guy on it and gets his own PHD in Zendesk. But we're small (under $10M). I gave it 2 stars, as the staff is very nice, and eager to help. And they do claim they can do it. We're pretty savvy, and figure most things out. Zen got close, but really, they're not for the small company like us. I didn't like that they bait and switched us with free live chat, and 2 weeks after, they asked us to pay for it? odd. We were thinking of using the phone system, but I can't review that as we couldn't even get the email ticket system to work, so I just don't trust it. We lost thousands in sales with lost tickets. At one point, they had marked days of emails all as spam that were legitimate emails.

Pros: Friendly customer service

Cons: Too many to list and complex issues.

17 of 17 people found this review helpful

Verified Reviewer  4th of June, 2014

friendly tool for our ticketing system

Zendesk is a friendly tool for our ticketing system to support our clients and customers. I provided 5 stars for my rating because I don't have any issue using the application.

1 of 5 people found this review helpful

Customer Support For The Modern Age:

With the countless hours chasing tickets and maintenance's there is a new way to manage tickets. As a service provider and network engineer when it came time to determine what system to use for tracking customer support issues I knew there were a lot of choices. I looked into ticketing systems I have used in the past that require a lot of support and local maintenance and found a few light weight systems that I could install. I searched for ticketing systems and found a list that included Zendesk. Curious about the name I went to the website and in two clicks was signed up, set up, and ready to take tickets. Testing the system and running with “test” tickets, before I knew it I had set up my entire system for two ticketing systems and was ready for taking calls. My customers were going to be updated via emails directly and I received notices 24/7 of any tickets created. This fulfilled all of my current needs but I was looking for a robust option for the future when the business takes off and I have a few more agents working with me, or a hundred. This system has already proven that it can grow with my needs as I have just upgraded my services. We are more than satisfied with Zendesk and it support and training as well as its social media links, which helps us stay connected to our customers.

Pros: Quick set up. Easy to begin the process of setting up a help desk system. Nearly immediate results for customer notifications and for internal email notifications.

Cons: If your not connected to the internet you don't have access. You have to purchase second level of service in order to gain access to customer lists... a very powerful tool.

Excellent Value for a Very Flexible and Extensible Platform

Zendesk levels the playing field for smaller businesses who want to keep track of open issues through their lifecycle. Even at lesser subscription levels, one has access a very deep feature set that allows us to handle support like companies who are 100x our size. We had previously relied on Netsuite and before that Salesforce.com for our "ticketing" system and Zendesk has allowed us to shed significant cost, but retain a professional presence from a support perspective.

Pros: * Inexpensive * Easy to implement * Very easy to use * Flexible and customizable

Cons: None

0 of 1 people found this review helpful
Director of Customer Success, Partner (Computer Software company, 1-10 employees)

Nothing but great

As a person who manages support at my company, I try modeling my support after Zendesk's. The service is great, the product is awesome, and they have an extensive help centre to help answer any questions. The ticketing service itself is intuitive and easy to use. Would definitely recommend Zendesk.

Pros: Easy, simple, flexible

Cons: Sometimes unclear when emails get send upon changing ticket status

Verified Reviewer  16th of April, 2014

Zendesk makes support fun

I am really happy since using Zendesk. I actually look forward to getting support tickets! I develop & sell software to consumers. I use support techs who work out of their home. It's not always easy bringing them up to speed on some of the more complex technical issues. We used to use straight email. I did not get to see what my employees were telling customers, so I couldn't monitor the quality of service, and give the employees training when required. Now I can see what they are saying, and I can jump in and assist in some of the more complex cases. When I answer support tickets, I am more motivated to give detailed answers, because I can refer my employees to my replies, and they can learn. Now that we all share access to the pool of support tickets, we can give more prompt replies, and customers get faster service. Customers are much more forgiving when they see answers in minutes instead of hours or days. When a customer is thinking of buying and sends us a question, he is more likely to buy if the answer comes back in minutes, and he is still in a buying frame of mind. I love being able to tell at a glance the status of all our outstanding support issues. The Markdown codes enable us to use typographic features to better lay out out replies, making them clearer and more easy to understand. I like the email format that Zendesk uses. It is the most natural and convenient way to communicate with customers. I like that customers don't have to sign into a ticket management app if they don't want to. We tried using a Support Forum so that customers could get access to all past support answers. That did not work out, as some disgruntled customers left nasty and overly negative comments for all to see, which would discourage prospective customers. I am going to tell all my software developer colleagues about Zendesk. Now if you could add Tables to the Markdown code, Zendesk would be beyond perfect.

Pros: The Infusionsoft integration is fantastic. One click and I can tell what my customers are contacting us about. (We make a dozen different products. They think we can read their mind :o)

Cons: Sometimes the Infusionsoft app loses the link. I have to Sign Out & log back in. No big deal.

6 of 7 people found this review helpful