PEX Reviews

PEX

Online expense management for controlling employee spending

PEX

Review Summary

Pros

Great customer care and resolves any issues we experience in an expeditious manner.

Jeanette R.

The overall PEX experience has been great. I would recommend this software to anyone needing a simple way to distribute money to employees who need to purchase items for the business.

Candace C.

I have had great experience with PEX. It is easy to use and easy to put money onto it.

Lesa W.

Cons

When there is fraudulent activity you don't receive the funds back until the case is investigated and decided in your favor.

Cathryn B.

The only CON is the delay in funding the account. You really have to plan ahead do account for the 4 day delay.

SUZY N.

This has helped us track our spending and actually get our receipts. Something we struggled with for years.

Cathryn B.

5.0

Completely revolutionized the way we track spending on film productions

Pros

In the past we used 3" Binders, Paper, tape and Excel to track every expense on our 30+ projects a year. End Users hated the antiquated process, so did our Supervisors and we were running out of valuable space to store/find binders. Enter PEX which captures expense data automatically and has mobile photo uploads of receipts, completely revolutionizing our process.

Cons

Some vendors/film crew do not have the ability to accept credit/debit cards/online payment processors and instead prefer check or cash. Adding the ability to cut/mail checks like a standard Bill Pay offered by most major banks or ability to withdraw cash at an ATM would help keep all expense tracking under one platform!

PEX Cards: Simplifying your Employee Purchases

Excellent. Setup, support and adding users is a breeze.

Pros

It is simple to use and saves so much accounting time to track employee purchases. We used to spend days collecting receipts, figuring out who made the purchases and which GL Account they should hit. Plus we had tons of digital copies of receipts all over the place taking up valuable space on our drives.

Cons

I can't think of anything that we didn't like

PEX is a great alternative to reimbursement checks for regular volunteers

Having a PEX account has allowed key ministry volunteers to have a set amount of funds to use toward their ministry needs without the need for reimbursement checks or handing out too many credit cards. I would caution that recordkeeping is easiest when an individual only needs to use the card for a single expense account area.

Pros

PEX is very intuitive to set up and use. It is easy to navigate the process of requesting a card for a new user, initiating a transfer, funding individual cards, and closing accounts. Receipts can be easily uploaded on the app by the cardholders so they don't have to turn in physical receipts for recordkeeping purposes.

Cons

I wish transfers didn't take four business days to complete. Regular transfers are free, but it would be nice to have an Instant Transfer option even if there were a small fee involved for times when a last minute need arrises.

HR Generalist/Recruiter

Pros

It's a decent product. Mostly intuitive.

Cons

Have to call customer service to order new cards

Great cash management tool

Anytime I've had to work with a customer service rep I've got my problem resolved. Love the software and the service

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for both my users and my administrators. It's been very easy to manage each card separately without having to call in and wait on somdone to do it for me. What used to take a lot of time now can get done in seconds.

Cons

The cards are magnetic stripe cards. not sure if new users are getting the chips or not but that would be a great upgrade.

Thanks for your review, Paul. We will be rolling out chip cards in 2019. Stay tuned!

Great Debt Free Resource

Pros

We love PEX because we can fund employee company spending debt free. We can control how much each employee is allowed to spend, on what and where. Customer service is fantastic and very responsive.

Cons

Thanks for reviewing, Suzy. PEX offers a Same-Day ACH transfer option, and we are checking to find out if your account qualifies based on your bank. This is a faster transfer option which takes as little as a few hours within the same business day. Glad we could help your event business run smoothly!

Keeps our Costs down, and our Crews Funded!

Pros

With 9 Crews on the road PEX is the lifesaver that keeps them funded for daily job needs, but keep our costs in check. With Daily Spend rules and limits, we can control how much is being spent each day. One less thing to worry about during the day to day grind! Very easy to set up and use. Crews use it just like a credit card.

Cons

Takes 1-2 weeks to get new cards. No issues other than that.

One of the best decisions we made

Pros

Can Instantly add money to a card, or remove it. Can determine where the money can be spent.

Cons

Thanks for your review. So glad PEX could help your organization grow more streamlined and simplified, Cathryn!

PEX is amazing!!

The overall PEX experience has been great!! I would recommend this software to anyone needing a simple way to distribute money to employees who need to purchase items for the business.

Pros

PEX is great for companies, churches, groups etc that have multiple people who spend money. I use this for our church and it is so easy to transfer money between cards and as long as you have the money in the PEX account you can transfer the money for your people and they have it immediately! It is also nice to have so many people drawing from the same account and they get to upload their receipts so no messing around with turning them in paper version!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is how many days it takes for money to transfer from the bank to the PEX card account. I understand it's probably just like when using a debit card and it doesn't always show up right away.

Great Access to Cash

We have employees located outside of our headquarters who have quick access to make purchases for items that require immediate payment.

Pros

Easy cash access for purchases with low liability by only funded what is needed.

Cons

We have had an issue lately with fraudulent charges, but that can happen with any credit card.

Pex took the risk out of our company spending and simplified our finance processes.

The flexibility it gives me as the account manager to painlessly manage my team while empowering them to lead their departments.

Pros

It's so easy to manage the whole team's finances. I love that I'm not having to micromanage every single purchase but can easily see all the purchases that were made by each employee and manage limits and overall budget.

Cons

I honestly can't think of many. This has been very helpful software for our team and has even enabled us to empower our volunteers and give them cards as well.

PEX for the Win!

I highly recommend PEX to anyone who is looking for ways to simplify their employees per diem usage.

Pros

Its fast, easy, and convenient . Customer Service is awesome!

Cons

We have been using PEX for 2 years, and have had zero issues. No cons for me to report!

Efficient

We use PEX as per diem cards for traveling employees. It is very convenient when a sudden trip comes up & we can load the card from anywhere.

Pros

Very easy to manage. Not complicated at all.

Cons

I honestly can't think of a negative issue that we've had to deal with.

I use the software in my current role

Being able to have all the transactions with detail information.

Pros

I like that the software is easy to work with and its able to provide detail information on all transactions.

Cons

I would love to be able to print the receipts that I uploaded to the system. That would make it so much easier to just print them out when its time for a report instead of keeping track of them individually for extended periods of time.

Hi Jason, thanks for your review! Just wanted to let you know that we¿ll be working on an enhancement for that exact use case in the next few months.

Pros

I use this to manage my prepaid PEx card when I work promotional modeling gigs. I will buy products with my PEX card and have to enter the info of what I purchased within the app.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Perfect product for our department heads

Pros

Ease of use, multiple cards, easy transfers

Cons

I wish there was an auto-reload option that would allow a predetermined amount to be transfered from the bank to a card on a certain date.

Thank you for your review!

Great Product!

We use PEX for purchasing product needed at our events. All event staff has a PEX card that is loaded before their event and allows them to purchase the product needed without having to front any of their own money and wait for reimbursement. This is especially helpful and also makes it easy to track.

Pros

I really like this system and how easy it is to use. The app is very user friendly. You can easily add receipts to your transactions and all of the information is loaded automatically. It also updates instantly. It really is a timesaver not having to do elaborate expense reports.

Cons

Not much bad to say about this. At first, I did have a little difficulty figuring out the right place to add my receipts, as it seemed there was more than one location, but I have sense then figured it out.

Great product solution

Pros

Easy app for PEX card user to reconcile purchases. Easy platform for our accounting team to transfer funds to cards, manage reconciliations and pull report to upload to our accounting software.

Cons

None, once all team members were trained properly this system works fantastic.

Great product

Pros

This card is easy to use and can be used in any store. Great product

Cons

There has been one store I cannot use the card as a credit, I have to use it as debit. The rest of the stores I can use it as credit.

Thanks for your review Lesa! We hope the simplicity of the PEX platform helps you to organize and grow your business.

Awesome solution to managing your company's employee's expenses

As a startup, we had to find a solution to control our contractor's expenses using our company's funds. At first, we had to trust our few starting contractors to use our company funds. But then when we grew, we needed control and most importantly reporting and analysis. As it was something relating to our company funds. Pex card was the solution to this problem. They're easy to use simple dashboard tells you everything.

Thanks for reviewing.

PEX Review

It's so easy to use. I am out buying supplies, I snap a pic of the receipt, upload it to PEX, code it to the right budget, and voila!

Pros

The ease of uploading a receipt and image as well as coding it. So easy!

Cons

I have seen a purchase not go through on the app.