Catalyst

Electronic data collection system for ABA professionals

visit website

Catalyst Reviews

Pros

Catalyst gives our therapists an easy way to keep track of client data without the complication of using paper or timers. The result is a better delivery of services, which is great.

Katie A.

Anna H.

Catalyst has a great interface that allows for easy navigation and use.

Patrick C.

Cons

This software has been regularly unreliable in terms of data syncing to the server, applications freezing, and data being completely lost.

Katie A.

The app no longer displays the number of targets. Therefore, techs are no longer displayed a number if there are items in baseline and maintenance.

Morgan M.

Overall, I am thoroughly disappointed in the lack of progress that app has made over the last five years.

Morgan M.

4.1

Excellent!

Overall my experience has been great. I have not had any complaints from submitters or reviewers about their user experience.

Pros

You can make changes to submissions as long as the submission period is still open (not a feature you normally see). If there are any exceptions the tool allows you to open it just for a specific person. Submission and review status' are updated real time on the site. The tool allows you to customize reviewer metrics to assign people or it can be manual. Reviewers will get an email notification that they've been assigned. Has blind and double blind settings. Users can customize and assign roles so certain people can only access and view assigned tasks. Reporting is tied into email system so you don't have to manually enter or check off any emails or names.

Cons

No automatic emails. Cannot customize colors, only the top banner.

BEST CMRS EVER

Great product. Much easier to use than other system I've tried!

Pros

It integrates so easily with our phone system and company updates. Everything is so smooth! And anything that needs fixing, the system lets us know

Cons

Nothing! From in system email usage, integration to our birthday system to send out cards to all clients, everything is wonderful!

Teaching with Catalyst

Positive and convenient. I look forward to getting better and more efficient at using it.

Pros

I like Catalyst installed on our tablets, so we can see the programs/trials for each student, and record the data as we work with the students.

Cons

We have 4 tablets in the classroom. We rotate our students to centers with different staff at each center. The tablets must follow each student to record all the current data for the day. The data will not record and show on each tablet for each student.

Recent Updates leave App at Lower Quality

Pros

As a board certified behavior analyst using this platform to track client behavior data and program, this software is excellent as it does all the graphing for you. I love the desktop version and all the features.

Cons

I have used Catalyst for almost five years, as a technician collecting and as an analyst opening/closing programs. Their have been several updates that have made this system significantly less user friendly and have made it much more difficult for the techs I manage to use. The app no longer displays the number of targets. Therefore, techs are no longer displayed a number if there are items in baseline...

Great tool for data collection

Pros

Catalyst is a great tool for data collection and graphing. The graphing options allow for optimal analysis and update live as data is being recorded. I love how details can be added to target goals to ensure staff know exact expectations.

Cons

The software takes a while to sync for users once updates are made from the administrative side.

Catalyst is always consistent even regardless of version

In general each user will find Catalyst to be well worth the effort, time and money. While there are many platforms that can set reviewers to analyze emails and find privileged information, you will be hard pressed to find another program that has been so consistent. Catalyst is dependable and you will love it!

Pros

I love the consistency that Catalyst provides to the user/reviewer at my law services firm. For over ten years I have worked on numerous versions of Catalyst and each time the program always delivers high speed review screens, loading data and moving our reviews at a nice pace that does not slow my team down.

Cons

Of course each version is different and years ago the software would allow for so much of the email to be seen at once. Lately Catalyst has improve the screen visually with making fonts and the communication of the message more easy to read. The program each year is always improving which is a good sign of a developed program.

Great I loved it!

Pros

System is easy to use. Great shortcuts for tracking data

Cons

The system but automatically jump from program-to-program instead of letting you stay on one specific program.

Great tool for CSM's

Overall my experience has been great with Catalyst.

Pros

Extremely easy to use. Catalyst has a great interface that allows for easy navigation and use. Reporting is top tier.

Cons

Catalyst has a ton of features with that said it can be a double edged sword. Sometimes its easy to get lost.

Catalyst for ABA Therapy Data Collection and Storage

Pros

Catalyst was relatively simple to master and I was able to add in simple notes for my RBTs, but nothing too fancy. I am currently an admistrator for my company and I review all the client session notes through Catalyst and I have both experience as a user during my RBT days and a clinical administrator editing and submitting notes for billing the insurance companies.

Cons

I did not like the limited range of Catalyst and I much prefer CentralReach since it had a built in option for systematic prompt fading while Catalyst has no such feature.

Frustrating

It has been too slow for the past 10 business days. 30 -45 second latency after commands.

Pros

I like the ability to graph and make condition lines.

Cons

The programs are very slow and cause much frustration adding goals.

Good features, but spotty functionality

I don't have a current alternative for Catalyst at this time, but if I did, I would likely switch to a more consistent, less buggy program.

Easy to use program

Easy to use right from your phone!

Pros

I used this program for work and it's very convenient! I was able to download the app on my phone and keep track of everything I needed to while I was on the move!

Cons

Customer service was a little difficult. I had an issue with my account the customer service took a while to get back with me.