TravelBank Logo
TravelBank

Leading all-in-one expense and travel management platform

visit website

TravelBank Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.9/10

Reviews by rating

The best thing about using TravelBank is the personal interaction with Customer service. They are always available, courteous, and quick to help resolve any issue I may have.
I like the user interface, I think it's easy to navigate. The automated email updates are helpful and the customer service is great.
The rewards are the best thing about it. I think it is great that it rewards people and companies for using money wisely.
This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight.
I don't think anything is missing or that any aspect of the software is difficult to use.
I think it sucks that if you want to book on Southwest, you can't really change it the same way.

MM

Matthew M.

Partner

Aviation & Aerospace, 11-50 employees

Easy expense reporting

Transcript

Matt: Hi, I'm Matt. I'm the Vice President of Aerospace and I give TravelBank a five out of five. So...

Pat P.

Easy Flight/Hotel Booking

I've booked a few flights and hotels with TravelBank. Good experience so far, responsive customer support when I did hit an issue.

Pros

Web UI is up-to-date and user friendly Employees are rewarded for smart choices while companies save money

Cons

Nothing really to dislike, to be honest. Some of the instructions passed through from the hotel was unclear, but that wasn't TravelBank's fault.

Hi Pat, thanks for the review and glad you're enjoying the rewards! If there is ever any confusion due to unclear instructions from the hotel, our customer support team is always on standby to help at support@travelbank.com.

KP

Kandi P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

Travel Made Easier at Clearlink

As a large company, with locations in different states, and managers traveling to meet with clients, Clearlink was looking for a way to reduce travel spend, but overall have a seamless and streamlined user experience for booking travel. After demoing multiple platforms, Clearlink found TravelBank to be the ideal fit for our growing organization. Not only did TravelBank work heavily with us to refine our existing travel policy, their team is readily available for any questions that arise.

Pros

The TravelBank platform is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Their goal is to have you book a flight from start to finish in under a few minutes, and the process is simple and streamlined to take the headache out of booking travel. Aesthetically, the software is clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Adding users is simple with mass uploads, and deactivating employees is just as easy.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, TravelBank is continuing to develop new enhancements to their system, which means continued changes for our employees. That said, they’re positive changes! There are many items on the roadmap for this year, like rental cars, and as a company that has a high annual travel spend, we can already see we will rely heavily on the upcoming features. As a newer travel platform...

KM

Katy M.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Provided by company

it has been ok, it took getting used to but is is ok now

Pros

My system can set up everything for me and all i have to do is put information in.

Cons

when it calculates the mileage for my workers it goes down to the decimal and the state will not reimburse on the decimal but whole number. we lose money as a system when this occurs also TB is pulling all my expenses from one cost center and i have clearly put in that is another

JL

Jason L.

Telecommunications, 201-500 employees

Review of the APP

Pros

I like most of it. Overall it is a very good app.

Cons

Sometimes I know the name of a hotel and I search for it exactly and it still doesn't find what I am looking for and I have to go through a ton of search results. For instance I will say Holiday Inn on Kennedy Dr. Chicago or whatever and it won't find it. Also receipt photo uploads also take two attempts usually.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Gets the job done

Pros

Easy to use and get done what I need to get done when it comes to tracking expenses and submitting for reimbursement.

Cons

Mobile could use some improvement. I've also seen issues with approvals going to wrong team leads, but that could be user error.

Internet,

Super helpful app for managing travel and expenses!

Pros

Powerful mobile app makes it easy to take photos and record expenses, like that you can set up rewards for booking travel, can even hook up with your bank account

Cons

There aren't that many detractors that I can think of for why to use this application, a lot of it comes down to your preference on the user interface. As an admin the reporting can be a little hard to find for the first time but is otherwise very user friendly

Publishing, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

fast and easy

Pros

no complicated entry numbers, easily available through the app.

Cons

all good, just need to have the log in handy

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Great customer service!

Fantastic!

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly. The back end customer service is bar-none.

Cons

There is nothing that I have come across thus far that I do not like

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

TravelBank rocks

Great CX

Pros

Ease of use and management process. Team does their reports.

Cons

Not much. Solid app and process. Very happy

CH

Christopher H.

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

TravelBank

When I travel I use TravelBank, it just makes things so much easier. Before I started using this I googled or Binged searches to find locations, prices, etc for the area I was in. This makes it super easy for your traveling needs.

Pros

Features, ease of use, and a simple interface to avoid confusion. This app is very well done, I like the layout and the features, as its great when I have to travel. I am able to instantly find any flights, hotels/motels, etc within a short time.

Cons

Its easy to use when you get used to it, so it will take some time before you really get comfortable with all the features.

MM

Michael M.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Working with an expense tracker.

Pros

The program is easy to learn and use. It's logical and does not contain extraneous information.

Cons

I would like to see an easier interface to track my own expenses. Also a Log-out button on all pages.

AC

Addison C.

Mileage report

Pros

I like how it is easily sent to supervisors without having to send myself

Cons

I dont like how addresses within the same company are not automatically given

RS

Rodline S.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Pure Genius and Ease!

my overall experience is great so far! I have a great rep.

Pros

I like that the software is very easy to use.

Cons

I don't believe i have the option to create a different expense besides General Expense.

LK

Lisa K.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy & Intuitive!

Pros

Expense reports are not anyone's favorite task and this tool makes it easy, fast, get in - submit - get out!

Cons

Hotel Pricing seems to better through award programs.

JB

Jenifer B.

Certified Medical Assistant

Great at tracking all expenses and reports needed to make sure everything was done correctly before allowing it to submit. It's almost mistake proof for entry which benefits the employees getting correct information, so they get reimbursed quickly.

Pros

Guides you through everything very easily for submitting . Everything you need is easily accessed and one page

Cons

I thought it was easy access and very user friendly. Don't know really what I would change.? Maybe in the comments for reason for reimbursement have a few selections to choose from instead of typing them in to make it less time for explanation.

BO

Brendan O.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

fast and easy to use

Makes it quick and easy to file expenses

Pros

It is extremely easy to add expenses on the go. Takes a minute or two to add an expense and file a report.

Cons

I mostly expense Uber/Lyft rides - it would be nice if the receipts automatically uploaded so I wouldn't have to screenshot each one. Or some kind of partnership with Uber/Lyft so that there is an option to automatically expense a particular trip within the Uber/Lyft app while the ride is being ordered.

Hi Brendan, thanks for the review! One way to make expensing rideshares more easily is to simply forward the email receipts to us, and we'll automatically generate expenses for you: https://support.travelbank.com/getting-started-with-expenses/for-employees/forwarding-email-receipts With Uber, you can even use the instructions for "From your Personal Email Account" to set "email+domain@receipts.travelbank.com" as your "Work" email address in the Uber app, and those receipts will get forwarded automatically! Please don't hesitate to let us know any other questions or feedback you may have.

AC

Angela C.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Great for Employees

Pros

As a consumer, my favorite feature are the rewards (points to redeem gift cards) you receive for spending under your budget!

Cons

I don't think the budgets set are realistic. I don't see how companies are saving because it allows employees to spend a LOT on flights on hotels. Even though the rewards are great, it's because the budgets are set really high.

Hi Angela, glad you're enjoying the rewards! Our budgets are calculated with our proprietary algorithm based on a live feed of real-time data. If at any time you see budgets that you feel are too high OR too low, feel free to send them in to support@travelbank.com and we'll take a look!

JJ

JOAN J.

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros

The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons

We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

AV

Aleksandar V.

Entertainment, self-employed

Overall Great Software!

Pros

I liked that it was very easy to use because the UI is very minimalistic.

Cons

I did not like that the software could not recognize other currencies.

er

edward r.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Pretty great so far, still learning the tool

Good visibility & useful for all planning needs

Pros

Modern search for air travel was impressive, similar for rental car too. Expenses are always a pain, nothing will ever stop that from being true.

Cons

Minor details like being able to ctrl + V a screenshot into the receipt window (like Jira does it) would make it a 5-star tool

MK

Manreet K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Overall, my experience has been great!

Pros

Uploading receipts is easy and can be done via mobile or the website which makes life really easy!

Cons

I wish the transactions would post a bit quicker. Sometimes it can take over a week to post.

LW

Liz W.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Travel Bank

Pros

I use TravelBank application several times a week to submit mileage for my position. It is very user friendly and efficienty.

Cons

None that I have noted at this time - everything works great

KB

Kajol B.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great software, difficult to figure out

Great!

Pros

I like the ability to book travel within and do expenses at the same time, very convenient.

Cons

Very hard to submit an expense, it needs to be first sent then added to a report then another step, slower than other softwares I have used.

JF

Jeanne F.

Travel bank Review

Pros

Travel bank is very easy to use. I know when my expenses are approved and when to expect my reimbursement.

Cons

All my experience has been good. I'm very pleased.

AH

Andy H.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Travel Bank Review from Small Time user

It has been very easy to understand and implement.

Pros

Very simple to use and easy to integrate.

Cons

Nothing really noticed as con or a negative. I have a very simple business need and it takes care of it.