TravelBank Reviews

TravelBank

Leading all-in-one expense and travel management platform

4.68/5 (101 reviews)

Pros
  • I like the user interface, I think it's easy to navigate. The automated email updates are helpful and the customer service is great.Bailey H.Read the full review
  • Super easy to reserve everything I need for my trip, and comes with the added bonus of rewards. As someone who always travels frugally anyway, this is an amazing reward program.Justin C.Read the full review
  • I use airbnb very frequently, so getting some kind of rewards for that is awesome. The flight tool is great, and it's overall very intuitive.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight.Jonathan N.Read the full review
  • Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.Steve P.Read the full review
  • Unfortunately their travel emails ended up in spam, though, so at first I thought the tool didnt work.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kandi Phillips

Travel Made Easier at Clearlink

Reviewed 2019-04-17

As a large company, with locations in different states, and managers traveling to meet with clients, Clearlink was looking for a way to reduce travel spend, but overall have a seamless and streamlined user experience for booking travel. After demoing multiple platforms, Clearlink found TravelBank to be the ideal fit for our growing organization. Not only did TravelBank work heavily with us to refine our existing travel policy, their team is readily available for any questions that arise.

Pros
The TravelBank platform is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Their goal is to have you book a flight from start to finish in under a few minutes, and the process is simple and streamlined to take the headache out of booking travel. Aesthetically, the software is clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Adding users is simple with mass uploads, and deactivating employees is just as easy.

Cons
While not necessarily a con, TravelBank is continuing to develop new enhancements to their system, which means continued changes for our employees. That said, they’re positive changes! There are many items on the roadmap for this year, like rental cars, and as a company that has a high annual travel spend, we can already see we will rely heavily on the upcoming features. As a newer travel platform in an industry that hasn’t seen much change or innovation to travel, we’re excited to see the enhancements that are being made by TravelBank. As we continue to grow in headcount, the reporting capabilities could be increased to support our needs and provide deeper visibility into employee travel. Being able to integrate with an HRIS to remove the manual process of adding/deactivating users would be a nice addition.

Niara Perry

Quick but sometimes confusing

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
Its an easy way to get reimbursed. I know that once I submit a charge, it will seamlessly be taken care of on the back end

Cons
Sometimes the expense report vs individual charges gets confusing. I'll create a charge but cannot figure out how to put it in an expense report to submit it or how to submit it without using a whole report (I don't have many expenses so I am often only submitting one charge)

Response from Travelator

Thanks for the review Niara!

You can submit expenses directly from the main "Expenses" screen by tapping "Submit" in the top-right on mobile, or clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right on desktop; this will directly generate a report named "General Expenses" and submit it to your manager, and works great if you just have a few expenses each month.

To assign expenses to a report, all you have to do is create a new report first from the "Reports" section of the menu. You can then create expenses directly from the new report you've just created. Also, each time you create a new expense from the main "Expenses" screen you can choose to assign it to any open Report.

Hope that helps and let us know any time you have further questions or feedback!

Douglas Askew

TravelBank nice!!

Reviewed 2020-06-09

Pros
Simplicity! The ease of taking pictures and uploading.

Cons
I want to be able to select the dates for my expense report. It expenses whatever is logged at the moment

Steve Park

Why TravelBank sucks

Reviewed 2019-02-22

Pros
The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly.

Cons
When booking my flight to Bahrain, the following happened: 1. They only booked 4 of the 6 legs I requested, leaving my final destination as Kuwait City rather than Bahrain 2. They didn't add my frequent flyer number to the reservation as I had requested 3. My preferred airlines disappeared from the list the day I went to make my reservation. After waiting several hours, one of the airlines returned literally minutes before I was heading out of the office on a vacation. 4. My selected itinerary was originally in budget, but after entering my details and clicking the confirm button, the price magically jumped $200 and required my manager to approve. 5. Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.

Response from Travelator

Steve, we¿re so sorry about this difficult experience, as it¿s certainly not up to our standards. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you directly on making this up to you, and also rest assured that everything we¿ve learned from this situation will go towards improving the future experience for you and all of our other users. Please don¿t hesitate to reach out any time for any further feedback or questions!

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Brian Wagaman

Perfect for keeping my records organized

Reviewed 2020-04-29

With TravelBank, I do not have to worry about losing receipts.

Pros
It is very easy to simply photo my receipts and move on as I am traveling for my job. I love the simple way I can get a report with all the receipt photos at the end of the month. This makes it very easy to email to my office manager.

Cons
I wish there was a function that made it a bit easier at the end of the month for a single user. My company does not use the service system wide, so I have to put myself in as the employee and administrator. After I submit my month for approval, I have to approve it myself. Not a big deal, though.

Kajol Bolaki

Great software, difficult to figure out

Reviewed 2020-04-17

Great!

Pros
I like the ability to book travel within and do expenses at the same time, very convenient.

Cons
Very hard to submit an expense, it needs to be first sent then added to a report then another step, slower than other softwares I have used.

Andy Halliburton

Travel Bank Review from Small Time user

Reviewed 2020-05-15

It has been very easy to understand and implement.

Pros
Very simple to use and easy to integrate.

Cons
Nothing really noticed as con or a negative. I have a very simple business need and it takes care of it.

Great customer service!

Reviewed 2020-06-29

Fantastic!

Pros
Very easy to use and user friendly. The back end customer service is bar-none.

Cons
There is nothing that I have come across thus far that I do not like

Daniel Carroll

Useful and quick

Reviewed 2020-05-22

Pros
TB is very intuitive and the format is functional.

Cons
The 'read/recognition ' for vendor is lacking. Seems fonts confuse it.

Valerie Barrera

Easy and Convenient

Reviewed 2020-05-19

Pros
- easy to use - easy to access - great customer service

Cons
To be honest, I don't have any cons. Everything has gone great so far!

Amulya Singh

Amazing App for an amazing Price (free)

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-14

One word - "Amazing"

Pros
The ease and simplicity of the product is wonderful. The best part is that you can pull it up on the laptop and finish anything you started on your phone. The Customer service is impeccable. I don't know how you maintain that level of service with a free app. This is a great app and making it free to use, is wonderful. The developer has done a marvelous job.

Cons
Honestly there are no Cons considering its free. I would though, definitely suggest some wishful items that can probably make this app extraordinary. 1. Have OCR recognition to catch receipts details. 2. Give user a full access to change anything in their profile, like Company name, company setup and other items. 3. Allow to change/add logo for the reports, with ability to extract as CSV file. Once again I am not classifying these as cons, but suggestions to build on current platform and make it truly an exceptional app.

Response from Travelator

Wow what an awesome review! We're blushing. Glad you find it so easy to use and appreciate the customer service. We actually do employ OCR for receipt scanning and are working on updating the employee profile customization. Great suggestions!

Matthew McGinnis

Easy expense reporting

Reviewed 2019-07-26

This app has saved me countless hours through its intuitive setup

Pros
Love that it scans the receipt pic for as much info as possible. Also love that TB will send report straight to accounting or cfo

Cons
Would like a little more control and the ability to add multiple expenses under one title. Also to change the expense report name

Jonathan Novak

Helpful, streamlined and the rewards are great!

Reviewed 2019-02-11

Pros
Very intuitive and straight-forward. My preferred booking method is Google Flights and this was right up there in terms of bringing the information into a streamlined UI. It makes decision-making much simpler when booking.

Cons
I flew Southwest, and the check-in process for Southwest is cutthroat. If you don't check in 24 hours at the dot, you get pretty lousy seating options. TravelBank didn't notify me of check-in until almost 10 minutes had passed since it opened up. This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight. Check-in notification emails should go out exactly when it is time.

Rodline Smith

Pure Genius and Ease!

Reviewed 2019-07-22

my overall experience is great so far! I have a great rep.

Pros
I like that the software is very easy to use.

Cons
I don't believe i have the option to create a different expense besides General Expense.

Anonymous

More admin features would be nice

Reviewed 2019-01-02

The service seems very effective at helping coordinate expenses, and encouraging employees to easily book their own travel arrangements under one over-arching umbrella; however, for small teams that don't need extra expense tracking the features are a bit over-inflated and underwhelming on the administration front.

Pros
The online platform is very simple and straightforward; integration with company credit card is seamless; customer service is lightning fast!

Cons
Lacking in high level admin functions - managing multiple traveler profiles: i.e. adding in multiple frequent traveler programs simultaneously and to the same contact etc. I have not yet seen any price breaks/negotiated lower rates for any of my travel searches.

Response from Travelator

Hi there, thanks for the incredibly valuable feedback. We're continually working to diversify and augment our travel inventory, so hopefully you'll see more lower rates soon.

We're also happy to share that we have many improvements to administrative features in the works! As such, we would love to hear out your ideas in more detail, so if you'd be open to it, please shoot us a note at support@travelbank.com and reference this Capterra review; we'll take it from there!

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jay Pack

Travel

Reviewed 2019-08-02

Pros
This is the most user friendly expense software I have ever used.

Cons
The lack of segments. I would like to see more options.

Brendan O'Connor

fast and easy to use

Reviewed 2018-03-07

Makes it quick and easy to file expenses

Pros
It is extremely easy to add expenses on the go. Takes a minute or two to add an expense and file a report.

Cons
I mostly expense Uber/Lyft rides - it would be nice if the receipts automatically uploaded so I wouldn't have to screenshot each one. Or some kind of partnership with Uber/Lyft so that there is an option to automatically expense a particular trip within the Uber/Lyft app while the ride is being ordered.

Response from Travelator

Hi Brendan, thanks for the review!

One way to make expensing rideshares more easily is to simply forward the email receipts to us, and we'll automatically generate expenses for you: https://support.travelbank.com/getting-started-with-expenses/for-employees/forwarding-email-receipts

With Uber, you can even use the instructions for "From your Personal Email Account" to set "email+domain@receipts.travelbank.com" as your "Work" email address in the Uber app, and those receipts will get forwarded automatically!

Please don't hesitate to let us know any other questions or feedback you may have.

Allen Hunter

Reviewed 2019-07-15

Pros
TravekBank makes traveling life so easy. Mobile camera capture the receipts and make logging into the system a breeze.

Cons
It’s a great system - no complaints. The system allows me to do it all.

Jesus Sanchez

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-02-11

Pros
Easy to use Prices seemed pretty much the same on airlines direct website I would negotiate with airline directly on offering discounts.

Angela Chen

Great for Employees

Reviewed 2019-02-26

Pros
As a consumer, my favorite feature are the rewards (points to redeem gift cards) you receive for spending under your budget!

Cons
I don't think the budgets set are realistic. I don't see how companies are saving because it allows employees to spend a LOT on flights on hotels. Even though the rewards are great, it's because the budgets are set really high.

Response from Travelator

Hi Angela, glad you're enjoying the rewards! Our budgets are calculated with our proprietary algorithm based on a live feed of real-time data. If at any time you see budgets that you feel are too high OR too low, feel free to send them in to support@travelbank.com and we'll take a look!

JOAN JOHNSON

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

Reviewed 2018-04-24

This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros
The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons
We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

Aleksandar Vasilic

Overall Great Software!

Reviewed 2019-07-15

Pros
I liked that it was very easy to use because the UI is very minimalistic.

Cons
I did not like that the software could not recognize other currencies.

Anonymous

Super helpful app for managing travel and expenses!

Reviewed 2018-03-06

Pros
Powerful mobile app makes it easy to take photos and record expenses, like that you can set up rewards for booking travel, can even hook up with your bank account

Cons
There aren't that many detractors that I can think of for why to use this application, a lot of it comes down to your preference on the user interface. As an admin the reporting can be a little hard to find for the first time but is otherwise very user friendly

Useful Review with Room for Improvement

Used occasionally for free trial
Reviewed 2019-03-19

Pros
Customer service was wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me immensely, though I was hoping to book my flight myself.

Cons
This was my first time using TravelBank and the experience could have been better. I was trying to find a flight from Vancouver, BC to Phoenix, AZ, however numerous attempts still left me with no results and to try again.

Response from Travelator

We're glad to hear Brenda was able to help you out but apologize that was an extra step you had to take for this booking. We'll pass this on to our product team to see what the issue may have been. Thanks for the feedback and we hope you avoid this problem in the future with any bookings! We appreciate your patience and taking the time to let us know.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Jordan Gibson

Very easy to use and the rewards are amazing.

Reviewed 2018-04-28

Pros
The most I like about this is how easy the app is to use and if you need help there is always someone there to answer the questions you have.

Cons
I didn't have much trouble booking with the app, as a new user it did take a minute to become familiar with the the search engine but after that booking my flight was very simple . The app also great technical support and responded promptly with any questions I did have .