15Five Logo

Suggested alternatives

leapsome
motivosity
profit

The customer service is great and extremely responsive. It's been a helpful platform for my firm.
It's super easy to use and reminds me that I have an upcoming review to fill out. It holds me accountable for my weekly progress and makes it easy for me to outline topics to connect with my manager.
I enjoy the ease of answering questions and make the process of touching base with my manager simple. I like that it takes me less than 10 minutes to share my overall work updates with my manager.
As a user, there is nothing in particular that I dislike about the software.
As an employee that used this, it made the Boss/Employee relationship awkward.
There is not anything specific that I find lagging.

Tara D.

Marketing manager

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Easy to plug into our business!!

Transcript

Tara D.: My name is Tara. I'm the marketing manager, accounting assistant, and HR assistant for Impact....

JS

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Say Yes to 15Five; Heres Why

Transcript

Jacob: Hey, my name is Jacob, I'm an operations director at a church, and I give 15Five a five out of...

Ashlee B.

11-50 employees

Easily track the pulse of your team each week

Pros

The ability to alternate the questions from week to week, or create a rotating bank of questions, means you can not only touch base with your team weekly, but you can also measure progress on a monthly basis. This means you can see the day to day, as well as the big picture trends. I also like the "High Five" and tagging integrations which make 15Five feel less like reporting to a boss, and more like a social sharing experience.

Cons

Each submission can only have one reviewer. So if multiple managers need to access and comment on a 15Five, one has to be ranked above the other- it's hierarchal.

Todd W.

201-500 employees

Easy to use, lightweight yet powerful performance partnership tool.

It is the most meaningful performance management software I have ever used. It promotes weekly thought about "the next action" you need to take on your projects, it ensures that manager and team member are connecting regularly, it is easy to use and doesn't require an overwhelming amount of work to complete or review a report, and it naturally fits into other management best practices (e.g. one on one meetings, coaching, feedback, etc.).

Pros

I like that 15Five is focused on frequent, easy, meaningful check ins between manager and team members rather than annual performance reviews. The weekly check ins on near term work develop a rhythm of weekly talking about what is going on now, the work's relation to the larger goals and initiatives and it provides opportunity to spin off thornier topics into one on one conversations. The weekly questions provide opportunity to go into topics of career development, culture, and other future focused areas. The High Fives are a great way to bring in peer to peer recognition. Everyone loves getting a High Five!

Cons

I would like to be able to have more freedom in creating reports. The reporting that is currently available is helpful but I sometimes have needs to create more custom reports than are currently possible. Also, I would like to be able to have control over which High Fives show on the public feed (sometimes High Fives mention sensitive employee situations that you wouldn't want to include on the public feed).

PJ

Priyanshu J.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Unleashing the Power of 15five

15Five is a powerful and effective performance management tool that can streamline the evaluation process and provide valuable insights into employee performance. However, its high cost and limited integration capabilities may make it less suitable for some organizations.

Pros

The software has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to set up and manage performance evaluations.It provides real-time data and insights into employee performance, allowing managers to make informed decisions about employee development.The software is highly customizable and can be adapted to meet the specific needs of different organizations.It encourages collaboration between employees and managers, promoting open communication and continuous feedback.

Cons

There is a learning curve involved in getting the most out of the software, and it may take some time to master all of its features.The software may not integrate with other tools that organizations are already using, making it less convenient for some users.It is a premium software and may not be affordable for smaller organizations or businesses with limited budgets.

Mike B.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Great Engagement Tool!

15Five is a great tool to keep the flow of communication between team members and managers. Since it takes little time to update, we don't have to chase people to use it.

Pros

Very easy to use. The fact that it takes so little time to update ensures a high level of compliance. It is most helpful with 1:1 meetings.

Cons

Sometimes the reminders can be intrusive, but that is probably more configurable in my settings that I think.

Hi Mike, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. You can definitely configure your notifications under My Account > Notifications, so have at it if you're getting pinged to much! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Everianny B.

The interaction between bosses and staff is more direct and close thanks to this software

15FIVE, is an excellent solution for any company that wants better levels of feedback with its employees. A good manager is one who cares about the welfare of their workers, the challenges, the projected goals and the performance and productivity, and this software is a very efficient alternative for these purposes

Pros

This software was introduced by the human resources department of my company, demonstrating excellent benefits that I will mention below: - A more direct relationship between the workers and the heads of the company where I work. -A permanent feedback system where different characteristics such as the morale of the work team are evaluated, expectations, successes and failures, making direct reports to the bosses in order to attack problems and strengthen solutions that strengthen the spirit and productivity of the employee. -Information in real time of the different problems that are generated in my workplace. This ensures that supervisors and managers have a clearer job and managerial outlook.

Cons

This software came to strengthen the feedback between various levels of command of the company, has sensitized and brought to reality the problems of the company, creating an excellent working environment, therefore I have no claim whatsoever about this software

Christie W.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Keeps me in the loop...

My experience has been nothing but positive, as a small company we've used many softwares to manage our staff, projects, etc. and 15Five is one of the few that has stuck over time. We love that we can High Five people for big and small things. Our team is made up of many "word" loving members, and it's great to put that praise in writing each week in addition to the face to face "thank you's". Their team is also made up of some really incredible and professional people, there to help you along the way if you encounter any issues! I recommend 15Five to other companies several times a month.

Pros

The thing I love the most about 15Five is that I feel in the loop without micromanaging my staff. I can easily pull up their account and see what tasks they're working to accomplish that week, hold them accountable without being in their face, and praise their efforts, all in one place!

Cons

I do wish there were more automated question selections that populated.

Gustavo A.

Retail, 11-50 employees

15Five has allowed our team to open a great direct comms channel with their managers. Love it!

Communications and team integration!

Pros

It has also opened-up a great channel for our managers to learn and get insightful information from the needs and concerns of our collaborators. We love its easiness to use and some slick features, like Hi fives, Objectives and Reviews! It has become a tool for people to recognize each other's efforts and achievements in the day-to-day life. We finish each one of our All-Hands going through every high five each member gave to their colleagues; it has made a great difference and now everyone is really looking forward to the Monday meetings, just to read and get their cheers!

Cons

In our specific case, we are based out of Mexico. A few of our employees don't speak English and therefore, it is more challenging for them to get the best out of the tool, especially the instructions they get from the system alerts, which are not editable. One other thing we've struggled with is that the Hi Fives feed is not showing ALL the messages, and therefore, we sometimes don't have the complete information in our All-Hands to share. Another thing that sucks is that me, as the Company Leader, cannot assign a reviewer for my reports. I'd love to get feedback from my partner, whose report's reviewer is me (I am her manager for this matter). Although counterintuitive in the theory, I'd be great that it was possible to set her as my reviewer as well.

Lori M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Use this tool... it boosts morale and motivation!

Pros

The "high five" functionality allows us to celebrate small and big wins in a timely manner. It also boosts our employees' morale and motivation. Imagine that you received weekly compliments from your coworkers and possibly even more? And those compliments went to your whole team... it's pretty fantastic.

Cons

I haven't found much that I don't like. Sometimes the program defaults to include my leader's full library of questions, but it's usually because she didn't pick questions that week and she just fixes it. Also, the rating of completion of reports on time is a little discouraging, but I'm a high performer and pretty much expect 100% out of myself. I don't even think others (besides my leader) can see that score.

Chris M.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Great Way to Keep Up to Date

15Five has made communication easy and clear while increasing employee engagement.

Pros

I use 15five to make sure that I am completing tasks in a timely manner and am able to send a "High FIve" to recognize others for their hard work. Nothing is more satisfying than being able to check off all the boxes saying that I have successfully completed all of my tasks. I am able to let my boss know what went well and what could have gone a little better so that we are able to improve our processes to provide the best services to our customers.

Cons

I have not found any negative features to this software yet. I have not ran into any glitches or errors.

Ty J.

Investment Management, 11-50 employees

Giving Thanks

15Five has provided our organization another route for communication and reflection. 15Five helps support our pulse on our environment and allows us to see trends and changes and fuels our leadership team to get ahead of burnout!

Pros

I love the accessibility of 15Five. I can access it anywhere I have internet service.

Cons

I have not found anything about 15Five that I do not like.

MF

Mohamed F.

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

A great tool for exploring the right ideas and getting everyone involved in decision-making

With 15Five, we were able to make the workflow and update tasks very smooth, and we were able to manage the weekly, monthly, and yearly functional goals more easily than ever before, and the evaluation became based on clear goals and complied with a number of specific controls, which effectively helped us to improve ourselves. Enables management to get a better perception of allocating tasks effectively.

Pros

15Five helps my colleagues and I collaborate with our line manager in creating goals, reviewing plans, and solving problems, and our 1:1 job helps us do this smoothly. It's great that we can instantly recognize each other's efforts with the all-encompassing display board that all departments can see. 15Five makes it fun to set and track your weekly list of goals, and continuous alerts help you review progress and take timely corrective action. Surveys, which are customized to each team's needs, help make sure everyone understands the new policies and procedures. It is also wonderful that 15Five has enabled management, through reports and distinctive dashboards, to conduct reviews and evaluate performance based on accurate data, which greatly enhances transparency.

Cons

I didn't find any complications in 15Five's functions; I just needed time to understand how to use it correctly, and the support I received helped clarify everything.

SK

Shivani K.

15Five takes more than 15five to complete!

I absoluately love the concept of 15five. In my head it sounds great - you update your manager, takes 15 minutes of your time, your manager can comment and you can always be synced! It definitely provides another channel of communication with your manager which is very useful. My manager and I would use it guide our 1:1 meetings by creating a list of topics we want to discuss which was good. I...

Cons

Shivani! Wow so grateful for the review. Thanks for your candid feedback. I totally hear where you are coming from on the "time suck". We've come have some new features to help address these issues: -First let's look at deactivating repetitive questions. That will cut down on the time it takes to fill out your 15Five. Click the little pencil icon next to the duplicate question and click "deactivate"....

PG

Paul G.

Paper & Forest Products, 10,001+ employees

Been using 15Five for a year, it has proven to be effective in managing a distributed work team

Helps me keep in touch with remote team members. Provides a snapshot of the various activities that the team is participating. Provides a direct feedback loop between leaders and their team members.

Pros

The structure of 15Five allows the leader flexibility in how they would like their team to utilize the app. The leader can be very deliberate and direct the participants or can establish a framework and allow the team members to participate at their own level. The weekly questions are a great tool for getting a pulse on what is happening in a local team or with an individual, but it takes some coaching for some people to get comfortable with the questioning approach. My team has been challenged to embrace the tool as a social platform as this was not a natural behavior in our organization. It has taken some time, but many members of the team now provide High5's and other acknowledgement to team members that in the past would have gone unnoticed.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the "out of the box" dashboards and flash reports. They provide usage data versus business impacting data. It requires a commitment from the leader or administrator to get the information that they need to run their business from the standard reporting. More templates would be helpful especially after your team has been using the product so there is worthwhile information that can be mined from the application.

JL

Jenny L.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Unique tool for keeping a pulse on employee engagement

Good experience and am interested to see where they go from here.

Pros

The many different ways you can nudge employees to enjoy and benefit from working together. From giving high fives to anyone in the company, to the weekly check on how employees are feeling, to asking targeted questions, all of these help to figure out how my team is doing and feeling. To make things even easier, we wrote an integration with Slack to make it even easier to give high fives. High fives are a nice way of encouraging team members to help each other, we tabulate all the high fives collected and distribute prizes accordingly. The 1 on 1 planning feature was also useful, it helped to focus the 1 on 1 conversation into a way of measure progress against key OKRs.

Cons

While 15five works well for specific use cases, it would be better served as part of a total HR solution. In the end, we found that the pricing was too expensive as our organization grew and budgets got tighter. It doesn't handle any core HR functions so it was hard to justify. I would love to see it become more integrated and attached with broader HR solutions.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Great management resource

Organizational tool to keep my team moving towards their goals and ensuring we are offering a culture that matches our values.

Pros

I love the actionable items to track 1:1's so that my team and I reference the same listing and that it carries forward to the next meeting. I don't have to keep track of a spreadsheet or paper with notes. It is all there for me.

Cons

The OKR's can be clunky when wanting to see all the different inputs into a departmental or company goal. It would be helpful to see the direct links in a better way that is more easily digested.

Hi, Thanks so much for the review. Really glad you are benefiting from the new 1:1 agendas! One a separate note, I'm sorry you are having a bad experience with OKRs. I wonder if you are referencing our old OKR feature that was always in beta and never fully developed (it is indeed clunky). In its place, we created a new fully-fledged Objectives feature. I'd be happy to share more if you'd like to send me an email. I want you to have a great experience with every aspect of our software so please do reach out. Even if it is the new Objectives feature you are referencing we'd love to hear how we can improve. Thanks again for the review. Have a great day! Sincerely, Priscilla Zorrilla 15Five Customer Success Manager

TYLER B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Was subjected to this - bleh!

I was forced to use this for a while at a previous job and found that it interrupted my workflow, wasted my time, and was generally a nuisance.

Pros

I'm not going to lie, I hated using this software. It facilitates the kind of micro managing, having meetings about meetings style of working within a team that I hate about non-profit life, and am glad to have left behind.

Cons

I just never got anything valuable from using this software. I don't understand the need for it, and I found using it to be a giant waste of time.

Hey, Tyler! Thanks for taking time to share your feedback with 15Five - we really appreciate it. I'm truly sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience with our platform. We certainly don't advocate for a culture of micro-management; rather, we want to help organizations help their people become their best selves. I would love to speak with you to understand how we could have made your experience, and in turn every 15Five-er's experience, better. Would you be open to having a conversation about this? If so, please share your availability and preferred method for me to contact you. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager, 15Five

DK

Dan K.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

It's great....but!

Pros

I seriously love 15Five from an organizational perspective. It makes a lot of sense for a business owner or manager to implement 15Five into their workplace. It gets your employee to have open and honest conversations all while not having to move from their desk.... but keep reading below.

Cons

While it's great from an idea perspective, in reality, it doesn't always work as planned. You will see that your employees still hold out on providing the whole truth. And frankly, can you blame them? It's hard to have a fully open conversation with your manager, and this software tries to make that happen. From a managers perspective, it's best to implement this software with an in person conversation. While it's easy to just use it weekly online, it's best to have an employee fill out their 15Five and go through it together during an in-person meeting. Do whatever you can to get your employees to speak the whole truth - but keep in mind, it is insanely hard to get everything out.

JB

Joseph B.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Great Tool For Goal Setting and Follow Up

The High-5's on 15Five are something that folks in our organization really like. I also like the weekly process of setting goals for the following week and accounting for the goals of the prior week. I think this is natural process for highly successful people and so 15Five helps people for whom this is not a natural habit.

Pros

The ease of use of this software is great and it works flawlessly and it really makes it easy for managers and subordinates to communicate weekly goals and progress. It also makes it easy to add survey questions to gather specific feedback on topics.

Cons

I don't think the software originally allowed you to suspend the surveys over holidays but that appears to have been fixed now. This caused the consecutive weeks streak is maintained even when reports are not submitted over Christmas break.

Hey Joseph, Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. Super glad to hear 15Five is providing you and your team value in so many ways. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

TZ

Tiffany Z.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Keeps everyone in the know

I like 15Five overall. It's easy to manage weekly, keeps me thinking about what I'm working on and makes sure that my boss and colleagues understand where my time is being spent. It's also helped in cases when I've been working on something, and see a co-worker post something similar or that augments what I'm doing so that we can then work together on it.

Pros

I enjoy being able to peruse my coworkers accomplishments for the week and seeing their feedback on my own. The high fives are also very motivating. It's nice to be able to pull your teammates up for the good work that they're doing and equally nice to know my own work is being noticed and appreciated.

Cons

I do wish we could edit our weekly goals when I'm submitting my final report. Or if I could report progress toward a goal. For example, I may have a goal to create a Knowledge Base article, but during the week, became very busy and was only able to get half way through. It would be nice to update it to either state that the article was started or to show that I've progressed 50% of the way and the other 50% roll onto next week's goals.

An easy-to-use tool that makes it simple to do what every manager should be doing already.

Pros

Ease of use for the person filling out the report- it's simple and helpful for them, as well as the manager. That makes it quality content, and not just white noise or another thing to check off the list.

Cons

Sometimes challenging to rearrange questions for different groups/individuals. They have a system in place, but I don't personally believe it's the most user-friendly. It can be confusing and unintuitive at times.

Hi reviewer, Thanks so much for the review. It's great to hear you find 15Five simple to use (one of our values!) and that it's helpful for managers and employees. I'm sorry you are having issues with questions. Questions are a bit tricky and I admit it's not the most user friendly part of our app. We always strive to improve. If you have suggestions or get stuck on anything please email our support team support@15five.com. We love customer feedback - good and bad. Thanks again and have a great day! Priscilla Zorrilla 15Five Customer Success Manager

Internet, 51-200 employees

Simple to use and only requires 10-15 minutes of your time each week

Pros

The company I work for just started using 15five about a week ago and I already feel like my individual voice has grown in value. My supervisor now has a record of my thoughts, goals, challenges, and aspirations on a weekly basis rather than taking notes from a 1-on-1 meeting. While I do work with Trello for task management, 15five also provides easier at-a-glance information for both myself and supervisor to see and understand the work I do each week. Sometimes the work I do does not have immediate value or impact, but that does not make it valueless or impactless. Having it documented for my supervisor to see also helps me feel more relaxed about whether or not I am accomplishing "enough" each week.

Cons

One of the things I've noticed as I used it this week is that its more of a "pick up and use once for the week" type of software; at least on the side of the reviewee. The reviewer, I imagine, would spend more time reviewer their direct's reviews than the reviewee's spend time creating their reviews. This is not problematic per se, but it does decrease the products effective "stickiness." Said another way, I really would only spend about 10-15 minutes a week using the product to receive the highest benefit from it possible. Any time after that reaps zero extra benefit as all value has already been had. In some ways, this could be seen as a PRO as I imagine that managers would rather employees spend more time working than writing reviews.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great tool for connecting with your team.

Overall, for a weekly check-in tool, it is great and easy to use. I think it is very basic which makes adoption easy but I am not sure how complex it could get.

Pros

I LOVE high - fives. Our company uses them religiously and shares them with everyone each week so it is a great way to say job well done! I also like the ability to share goals and log progress with my manager and express feedback that may not have been discussed during one on ones.

Cons

The questions asked each week are sometimes really general with nothing to really add value by answering. The review process is also pretty basic, but not sure if this is just how our company uses it.

BO

Braylee O.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Super simple and user friendly!

We've been using this program about a year and a half and I love it. I use it with my manager, and my employees. It's simplified the annual review process, been a great way to give kudos (high fives!) to teammates, and create a list of tasks/talking points for weekly check-ins. I leave mine open daily and continue to add thoughts/questions so that I'm prepared when I meet with my manager.

Pros

Straight to the point, user friendly, lots of options and ways to use it.

Cons

The Objectives section is a little difficult to figure out, and if it was a little more user friendly I would utilize it more.

Oscar T.

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

I get to easily track my work.

Pros

Ability to list my tasks and goals for the new week ahead of time ; while also reserving the choice to add tasks as I finish them.This option is very important for effectively tracking task and completing goals . It has an intuitive user interface and I am allowed to freely customize how I receive my notifications.

Cons

There were weeks where I successfully completed my tasks and had no complaints , yet I was unable to submit my form until I had to report an issue or complaint ,which was non-existent ; just to enable me submit the form.

DD

David D.

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Easy Goal Tracking and Work Load Description

It is a good platform to plan out me week, acknowledge my colleagues, and to keep up with what others are doing. It builds a better team environment, and for those embracing the customer success model of business it is a MUST HAVE!

Pros

I like the ease of use and the ways I am able to describe weekly goals, and struggles. I love that my team is synced with me so that they can see and understand what my team is doing (different than theirs), and I can see theirs. It gives me a simple platform to give myself weekly goals and strategies, and to acknowledge others for their work as well.

Cons

Simple also can be restrictive. As a user not a manager I do not get to much range of editing my week goals and objectives outside of the simple setup. It can get repetitive.