15Five Logo

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.05/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

The customer service is great and extremely responsive. It's been a helpful platform for my firm.
I enjoy the ease of answering questions and make the process of touching base with my manager simple. I like that it takes me less than 10 minutes to share my overall work updates with my manager.
As a user, there is nothing in particular that I dislike about the software.
As an employee that used this, it made the Boss/Employee relationship awkward.
There is not anything specific that I find lagging.

Anna Y.

NextGen Assistant

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Great Product for List-Making and Written Feedback

Transcript

Anna: Hi, my name's Anna, I'm a Children's Ministry assistant and I give 15Five a five out of five. For...

Delilah B.

11-50 employees

I love 15Five! We are currently using almost every feature they have available.

Pros

I have been using 15Five for years, with multiple companies. Then when I met the CEO and crew at an event and spoke with one of the product leaders for their future performance review feature they wanted to roll out, it seems they ended up using EVERYTHING I described to them in detail of how I thought the NEW version of performance reviews should be like when they launched "Your Best Self"! (Very flattered and stoked) We've already trained the team and coined it as Jelli's YBS. I was using BambooHR's perf review and switched immediately. Also their High Fives have a great tracking source I find very valuable.

Cons

CS is always a tricky subject. Even though they have a great chat feature, the person I was speaking to was helpful and listen to the challenge with my BambooHR and 15Five integration, I believe she resolved the issue, but I never heard a follow up or closing ticket confirmation

David T.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

15Five keeps personal goals in focus

I love it. I am still in the works of getting the most out of it, would love it even more if it had a percentage calculator for the objectives. That would save me some time. A training section would be very beneficial for people that have not OKR's before. It would save many headackes.

Pros

15five is simple and easy to manage. Through time it has helped me realize how a treat my goals, and no surprise turns out I plan a lot and achieve little due to the fact that I get distracted with other goals along the way and forget the base ones. 15five allows me to see that by the end of each week, so now I plan less but stick to the goals that matter. I love the "High Fives" as I can congratulate team mates that helped me along the week. I also get high fives and get a sense to whom and what department my work is having the best impact, and which are not.

Cons

It does not have a statistical feature for the goals, so I use spread sheets to calculate goals that require a percentage. ANd most goals do if I want to have a sense of how much I have covered (20%, 33,54% etc.). So it still requires external tools to complete a report. A percentage calculator would be an easy thing to implement. I just found out that there is a vacation feature. But it was really buried in the configuration pannel, I would expect to see it on a more relevant section, like the main navigation top bar. OKR training for customers. I have seen a couple of blog posts, but not a training section that resembles more a mini course. Success stories using OKR's from customers would be awesome as well.

SK

Steve K.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Interesting concept but not enough to merit a full on service

Good but not a killer app.

Pros

This SaaS offering is very simple - a way to quickly give "virtual" high fives to other colleagues as well as report back on your current status and mood. The website has a simple and intuitive interface. Our company would use this the tally all the feedback and kudos during the week, then present a small gift to the person with the most kudos. We also had ICs do status reports using 15five which rolled up weekly. This is actually one of the best uses as it beats using google docs.

Cons

Ultimately it was deemed that 15five did not differentiate itself enough from other similar applications to merit the monthly payment. We resorted to tallying kudos using a custom Slack integration which worked out just as well. It did not have enough features to make it indispensable in our normal workflow.

Joshua S.

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Keeps Your Teams Focused - Never A Surprise

Pros

15Five has allowed me to be proactive in manging my team through our weekly 1:1's - getting a clear understanding of my employees' needs as well as their focus from week to week. Having the ability to ask strategic questions - and continually updating and revising them - allows me to get a review of my employees true reflection and state of mind. This has been valuable in so many ways - from how I interact with the employee; how they continue to progress on tasks; and where they're focus is on overall objectives. Being able to publically and privately provide kudos and immediate feedback - which help in the review process - ensures there is never a surprise to either myself or the employee.

Cons

Allowing collaboration (multiple owners) of an overall objective. You can have a parent objective, and multiple team members assigned to support the objective, but at time required to have duplicate child tasks - rather than having the ability to focus as a group. I appreciate the individual aspects, but being able to work as a group is equally important.

Anna Y.

Religious Institutions, 201-500 employees

Great Product for List-Making and Written Feedback

In our office, 15Five has been a great tool for communication and accountability for both weekly and ongoing projects. It has helped me and my supervisor keep track of my progress, it has helped me re-prioritize my daily goals as needed, and it has helped us as a community encourage one another in the little "wins" we have each week. I love how much positivity it generates in our office community.

Pros

I love that you can create goals for the next week AND add to your list of accomplishments other tasks that you got done during the week... and that there's room for comments to give updates on longer projects. I also like the high fives -- it's a great way to keep the office positive and affirm people for the little things they do each week to make things go well.

Cons

I don't know if I need to know that I'm on time 57% of the weeks that I submit. I think it's good to hold users accountable for submitting and keeping track of streaks is nice for those who like "perfect attendance" type awards, but for those weeks when you're already underwater and barely getting your 15Five in by Monday... two days late, it doesn't feel good to have the software tell you afterwards, "Oh, and by the way, you're late a lot..."

BO

Braylee O.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Super simple and user friendly!

We've been using this program about a year and a half and I love it. I use it with my manager, and my employees. It's simplified the annual review process, been a great way to give kudos (high fives!) to teammates, and create a list of tasks/talking points for weekly check-ins. I leave mine open daily and continue to add thoughts/questions so that I'm prepared when I meet with my manager.

Pros

Straight to the point, user friendly, lots of options and ways to use it.

Cons

The Objectives section is a little difficult to figure out, and if it was a little more user friendly I would utilize it more.

LR

Lala R.

Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

15Five

Pros

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about 15Five. We are using NetSuite for Employee Feedback and goal settings. It is really nice and user-friendly.

TT

Tiffany T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Easy to Manage Performance and Review Goals With 15Five

Our company and teams are very satisfied with 15Five!

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use for all types of teams within a company. We were able to integrate it with no complications. The check-ins are a great feature that ensure the right priorities are being focused on.

Cons

There are a lot of features within 15Five that I do not think we're taking full advantage of as a company! The interface does not make these additional features very prominent so you do have to spend some time to poke around to see what other features there are that may be useful to your team or company.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great tool for internal success

Pros

It's a great tool to align between managers and employees and gauge the temperature.

Cons

Questions could get a bit overused sometimes. Would suggest adding in more templates for that.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Great team management software

Pros

Great to keep team working together and being on top of the most important tasks first. Keeps track of the questions that come up during the week so that we can have more meaningful questions for managers. Great customer service.

Cons

Takes a little longer to learn. Needs flexibility to create custom reports.

MH

Mike H.

Retail,

15Five is a great resource to promote employee engagement

One of my first questions in my 15Five, which I still see on occasion is a three part question. What are you proud of this week? What are you stressed about? What can we do to relieve these stresses? I always have something I'm proud of. For me, the challenges come from what am I stressed about. I introduced my newest management to a typical day for me, and she felt there were many times I should...

Pros

Everything. It has improved our open door policy by giving us another outlet for effective feedback. Also, the 15Five team is always looking towards improvements; inspiring to see that.

Cons

It took longer for me to learn how to use it effectively. That was my own personal struggle. When presented with this service, I just wanted to hurry up, fill it out and get through it. I now know how to manage my time, fill it out a little bit here and there so I am not rushing to finish it at the end of the week. Maybe a stronger emphasis on filling it out little by little thru the week so the client isn't doing what I was doing at first and rushing to finish it with out providing efficient responses to the questions.

CG

Christina G.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Great Platform for 1:1s, Feedback and Goal Tracking

Pros

I love that it's a one-stop-shop for manager-report 1:1s, feedback sessions and weekly status updates, as well as a platform for tracking individual, team and company-wide goals and OKRs. It's user-friendly and makes it easy to onboard quickly.

Cons

I have few problems with this platform! I wish it was easier to embed links to documents and websites from the 1:1 and 15five side - I often find myself wanting to link a document or presentation but am unable to do so.

Hi Christina, Thanks for sharing your feedback here. I understand your frustration with attachments in 1-on-1s. You can allow attachments to your team's 15Fives. This setting can be toggled on or off. Please let me know if you have questions about this. Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

PG

Paul G.

Paper & Forest Products, 10,001+ employees

Been using 15Five for a year, it has proven to be effective in managing a distributed work team

Helps me keep in touch with remote team members. Provides a snapshot of the various activities that the team is participating. Provides a direct feedback loop between leaders and their team members.

Pros

The structure of 15Five allows the leader flexibility in how they would like their team to utilize the app. The leader can be very deliberate and direct the participants or can establish a framework and allow the team members to participate at their own level. The weekly questions are a great tool for getting a pulse on what is happening in a local team or with an individual, but it takes some coaching for some people to get comfortable with the questioning approach. My team has been challenged to embrace the tool as a social platform as this was not a natural behavior in our organization. It has taken some time, but many members of the team now provide High5's and other acknowledgement to team members that in the past would have gone unnoticed.

Cons

I am not a big fan of the "out of the box" dashboards and flash reports. They provide usage data versus business impacting data. It requires a commitment from the leader or administrator to get the information that they need to run their business from the standard reporting. More templates would be helpful especially after your team has been using the product so there is worthwhile information that can be mined from the application.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Excellent Way to Track Employee Goals and Sentiment

15Five has allowed my company to hold itself, its employees, and its departments accountable to their predefined as well as prescribed goals. The high five forum allows employees to boost each other. The goals sections hold the company and its employees accountable. The questions section lets an organization hear from its employees in a way traditional open forums do not.

Pros

15Five makes it easy to input and track personal, department, and company goals A great app UX makes it easy to use on the go The high five feature is great for company culture as it gives employees a forum to support each other and give public recognition The questions feature lets you easily survey your department or entire organization, which is a great way to discover new ideas that management might not have thought of.

Cons

I don't have a single thing about this software that would keep me from recommending. It is, in my mind, the best I have encountered when it comes to goal tracking.

KS

Kayla S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

15Five Review

I am not a supervisor in my organization, but I do fill out a 15Five survey every month. My supervisor creates a list of questions that allow us to discuss every aspect of my job, from how I am feeling about the culture and relationships with my coworkers, to where I feel I am stuck and need some guidance, and it asks about goals for the next month. My supervisor can easily comment back on my answers, and it allows us to touch base quickly if we are not able to meet in person. But, if there is an area that we need to discuss, we can prioritize that and schedule a meeting to discuss it. I love that we can give high fives to others, and we can help encourage people regularly.

Pros

This is a great software that allows you to check in with your teammates on a regular basis. The ease of use for this project is perfect, and it is clear, clean, and easy to navigate. I love that the supervisor creates whatever questions they think are applicable for this time period, and then all team members are able to answer the same questions. This gives an overall sense of the culture, the feel of the company as a whole. It helps identify gaps, places where a team member may be stuck, but also where your team is excelling. We use the goals feature every month that we send this out, and it truly helps us organize, prioritize, and stay on track. I would highly recommend this software to any and every company out there.

Cons

I really don't have anything that I haven't liked so far. This is a great software that allows you to check in with your team mates on a regular basis.

EI

Erica I.

Consumer Goods, 501-1,000 employees

15Five Review

15Five is a great way for me to quickly recap how my week went and what I'm looking to tackle in the following week. It make it easy for me to connect with my manager and lets me recognize coworkers who have helped me during the week. This is a tool I like using!

Pros

It's super easy to use and reminds me that I have an upcoming review to fill out. It holds me accountable for my weekly progress and makes it easy for me to outline topics to connect with my manager. I also really like the shout outs feature to give my team credit where credit is due!

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. The only thing for the "streaks" aka how many I've filled out in a row will start over if I'm OOO which is annoying because I would have filled it out if I was there. There might be a way to wave it for a week but I haven't looked.

Hi, Erica, Thanks for sharing how valuable you find 15Five to be! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the streaks. You should be able to indicate within 15Five that you will be on vacation so that the software knows not to mark your 15Five for that week as incomplete. I would reach out to your Customer Success Manager for help with this. If you're unsure who to contact, I'm happy to connect you with the right person! Best, Mike Siemasz Sr. Customer Marketing Manager

Ashlee B.

11-50 employees

Easily track the pulse of your team each week

Pros

The ability to alternate the questions from week to week, or create a rotating bank of questions, means you can not only touch base with your team weekly, but you can also measure progress on a monthly basis. This means you can see the day to day, as well as the big picture trends. I also like the "High Five" and tagging integrations which make 15Five feel less like reporting to a boss, and more like a social sharing experience.

Cons

Each submission can only have one reviewer. So if multiple managers need to access and comment on a 15Five, one has to be ranked above the other- it's hierarchal.

Everianny B.

The interaction between bosses and staff is more direct and close thanks to this software

15FIVE, is an excellent solution for any company that wants better levels of feedback with its employees. A good manager is one who cares about the welfare of their workers, the challenges, the projected goals and the performance and productivity, and this software is a very efficient alternative for these purposes

Pros

This software was introduced by the human resources department of my company, demonstrating excellent benefits that I will mention below: - A more direct relationship between the workers and the heads of the company where I work. -A permanent feedback system where different characteristics such as the morale of the work team are evaluated, expectations, successes and failures, making direct reports to the bosses in order to attack problems and strengthen solutions that strengthen the spirit and productivity of the employee. -Information in real time of the different problems that are generated in my workplace. This ensures that supervisors and managers have a clearer job and managerial outlook.

Cons

This software came to strengthen the feedback between various levels of command of the company, has sensitized and brought to reality the problems of the company, creating an excellent working environment, therefore I have no claim whatsoever about this software

TZ

Tiffany Z.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Keeps everyone in the know

I like 15Five overall. It's easy to manage weekly, keeps me thinking about what I'm working on and makes sure that my boss and colleagues understand where my time is being spent. It's also helped in cases when I've been working on something, and see a co-worker post something similar or that augments what I'm doing so that we can then work together on it.

Pros

I enjoy being able to peruse my coworkers accomplishments for the week and seeing their feedback on my own. The high fives are also very motivating. It's nice to be able to pull your teammates up for the good work that they're doing and equally nice to know my own work is being noticed and appreciated.

Cons

I do wish we could edit our weekly goals when I'm submitting my final report. Or if I could report progress toward a goal. For example, I may have a goal to create a Knowledge Base article, but during the week, became very busy and was only able to get half way through. It would be nice to update it to either state that the article was started or to show that I've progressed 50% of the way and the other 50% roll onto next week's goals.

DM

Douglas M.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Generally helpful

Generally positive - I do like this central place where I can keep track of work done, objectives, etc.

Pros

I like that it's a single place where my manager and I can coordinate on overall objectives and weekly tactical plans

Cons

Not always intuitive, sometimes requires me to re-write things to fit the format Annoying that when I add items for the week that I did not submit the week before, I cannot comment on them and they are pre-checked as done. Objectives aren't that flexible - sometimes I need sub-bullets and I have to break it up weirdly Not easy to take notes / add action items while discussing items in 1:1 - I have to keep scrolling up and down - would be better to put the list of discussion topics side by side with notes fields or add functionality to the discussion topics where I can take notes on them and /or set action items

Samantha H.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Variety of Features

Manage our OKRs and not look at them just once a quarter but actively engage with them between our meetings so that we could track against our progress and collaborate as a team to celebrate success as well as get projects the extra support that they need to get them back on track.

Pros

Out of all the OKR tools that I have used, 15five has the most features in theory. 15five has some really cool extra features that not all OKR tools have, like the 1-on1 meetings. The difficulty level for entering comments on your OKRs is "middle ground" when it comes to comparing to other OKR tools. What differentialtes this OKR tool from the rest and makes them stand out in a crowd is their 1-on1 meeting adgendas and chats. Weekly meetings and agendas can really get lost but with 15 five you'll never lose your notes and always have a constant flow of positive feedback by sending each other "high fives" for work well done.

Cons

Has the a lot of great features in THEORY, but they are not as easy to use as they could be. It is somewhat difficult to make and update comments to the OKRs themselves. It requires extra steps. These extra steps reduce the likelyhood of actualy going in and making comments and updating the OKRs regularly. It's also not quite as easy to enter objectives as other tools that I have used and reviewed.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Great tool for connecting with your team.

Overall, for a weekly check-in tool, it is great and easy to use. I think it is very basic which makes adoption easy but I am not sure how complex it could get.

Pros

I LOVE high - fives. Our company uses them religiously and shares them with everyone each week so it is a great way to say job well done! I also like the ability to share goals and log progress with my manager and express feedback that may not have been discussed during one on ones.

Cons

The questions asked each week are sometimes really general with nothing to really add value by answering. The review process is also pretty basic, but not sure if this is just how our company uses it.

SJ

Sreekumar J.

Information Technology and Services,

Helps to cultivate a habit of sharing and receiving feedback

Most of the prevailing performance appraisal methods are designed for the earlier way of working, non existing jobs, and most importantly not for the Millennials. So what else we can do? This is a question many forward looking companies must be asking and the answer is 15 Five. When somebody is not performing, we need not wait for a quarter or a half year or a year to find that the employee is not performing and to arrive at a conclusion that he/she require improvement. Real time feedback is what we require to improve the performance of any employee. 15 Five is really helpful to solve this problem and recommend for any organisation with a will to keep their people happy, productive, stay relevant in their business.

Pros

Easy to use No training is required to begin using Simple on-boarding Effective reminders Once again overall UX is great

Cons

Nothing much, May be pricing would be a concern for some emerging economies like India Other language support also can be a concern

RE

Robert E.

Education Management, 5,001-10,000 employees

15Five @ The University of Auckland

15five has been awesome to improve our staff engagement. It's helped me as a leader keep tabs on what's happening across a broad group of people, and know where I need to focus my effort and provide support.

Pros

Ease of use, clear communication with team, great support from 15five, and even the blog posts have given us really useful insights!

Cons

It requires real commitment, you must prioritise and make time for the team particularly if you have a ton of direct reports.

Staffing and Recruiting, 51-200 employees

15 Five - Best platform to set goals and get motivated

15Five is a very good platform to express our self with Team Leader/manager/VP. We can think about how previous week went , what are the challenges faced, about Achievements (may be small or big). These thinks really makes us relax. We can get good advises from the team, manager or VP, which really makes us motivated. Its really very easy to communicate with our team members, managers, or VP. The favorite part is High Five, I just loved it!..It really encourages to achieve more, as well it will recognizes our efforts. The main advantage of High Five is we can stay connected with whole organization:-)

Pros

There are so many new things I learnt being at 15 Five. Very good platform to think what happened whole week, which really makes me relax and motivates to do better for coming weeks. Will get advise/solutions if I am facing any challenges. When we mention problems and get solution for it, we can also help others when they faces same challenges. By High Five, Learnt how to appreciate efforts as well as Achievements (may be small or big). Thank you 15 Five.

Cons

To be honest, I didn't find any cons. Keep up the good work!