ADP TotalSource Reviews

4.3/5 (170 reviews)

Marisol Robles

ADP TotalSource - One stop shop!

Reviewed 2019-10-16

Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product and all the features that are available to use.

Pros
I love the fact that all my HR and payroll items are consolidated with one system. I enjoy all the HR features that ADP offers and have used them quite a bit when I come across HR issues!

Cons
I would love to see improvements in ease of use when running reports. I've used ADP Run in the past and loved how easy payroll reports were ran there.

Joilyn Owen

Very user friendly, easy to navigate. Reports are great. Current on laws and mandates involving HR

Reviewed 2018-03-13

The assurance that I am up on all the laws and mandates involving human resources, that I have handled HR issues appropriately, that my payroll is done correctly with the correct withholdings and my PTO is correctly calculated. I like that I have a plethora of reports at my disposal.

Pros
The ease of use and the fact that I know all my "i's" are dotted and my "t's" are crossed when it comes to Federal and State laws and mandates. Payroll is smooth and easy requiring just a little data entry. The new hire process is quick and easy. I love the Handbook creator and am looking forward to starting the training for our employees. I love that if you are not sure what to do you can click on the training video and take a quick tutorial. I also like that instructions come with most forms so nothing is left out and there is very little room for error. I love my payroll rep and HR business partner. If I have a question, they are always quick with an answer and many times have taken the time to walk me through what to do so I understand the process and learn it.

Cons
I have not quite figured out how to use the performance management section under the HR tab. There are still so many functions that I have not used. It took quite a bit of effort to get our PTO to be calculated and to show up on our employees pay stub.

ADP simplifies my HR

Reviewed 2019-06-21

Overall I love the program. It's so convenient and makes it so everything is at my fingertips. Instead of me sending a million emails to human resources or going up to human resources it's all readily available. Let's say it's the weekend and I need a copy of my last two pay stubs. I can just go online and obtain them with only a few clicks.

Pros
I like the fact that this software makes things easy to change. It's super easy to navigate and if I update my address or if I want to change my benefits it's super easy to use. The greatest thing is that I don't have to bug anyone if I just have a short question about my benefits or my time off. Also, my paystubs are all online and easy to view. The system is so easy to use and the site offers great security if you should lose your password.

Cons
I don't like the fact that all of the options aren't available within the program but I'm not sure if that's something the place of business chooses or if it's something within the software. For example, most people I see can check their paid time off and other things. My version doesn't allow me to click on paid time off, but I think that has to do with how the company sets their program up.

Jennifer Estep

If your looking for a complete Payroll option, This is it!

Reviewed 2019-07-11

ADP also allows employees to request time off, and employers to approve or decline. Highly recommend for small and large companies.

Pros
The designers of ADP knew what they were doing when they created it! ADP has everything an employer needs in a payroll company. Clocking in and out is SUPER simple and creates no hassle! As an employer you are able to do full employee evaluations, as well as allow them to self evaluate! You can also assign employees to review each other which is a great option. The best feature of ADP is that employees has access to their employee profile allowing them to see their pay rate, date of hire, view and print out pay stubs, etc which is easier than having to go through an HR department.

Cons
I have nothing negative to say about ADP.

Jesse Wilham

5 Stars All Around

Reviewed 2018-12-05

Regardless of the con listed above, this was an outlying issue, and the overall quality and customer service of this organization has been amazing.

Pros
There are too many pros to write about here. From being able to print off past statements, to being able to view current and past benefits this is an amazing program. The customer service has always been amazing to work with.

Cons
The only issue that I have ever had with them was trying to get a tax issue on my paycheck resolved, there was a lack of communication on the part of customer service, and it took much too long to get the issue resolved.

Pascale Stewart

Very easy to use

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Pros
We use ADP throughout the day every day and I have had nothing but great experiences with it; very easy to use and navigate.

Cons
Just today, actually, I was signed in and then had to restart my computer. When I opened up a new web browser to restart ADP, it kept telling me that I had it open in another screen. ...which I didn't so that was weird.

Response from Automatic Data Processing

Pascale,

Thanks so much for your review! We are pleased to see that ADP TotalSource ranks as a 5-Star product for you.

As for that strange one-time web browser glitch, we agree, that is odd. Please know that this review has been passed along to our TotalSource software team so they are aware of this.

Thank you again for taking time out from supporting your clients to submit this review. We look forward to continuing to offer stellar service to Quorum Review IRB!

Tiffany O'Connor

User Friendly Human Resources Tool!

Reviewed 2018-11-08

We use ADP Total Source to keep track of all of our human resources needs.

Pros
ADP Total Source is really easy to use. I am able to quickly and easily manage my employees timecards and yearly reviews and it takes all of the guess work out of the process for me. I love that it alerts me if something doesn't look right or when things are changed or become due.

Cons
There are still a lot of functions that are available that I do not know how to use. The scheduling part is a little confusing so I don't use it.

Helen Fansler

This software lets you do so many things

Reviewed 2017-11-01

The ease of turning in payroll whenever I am ready without having to make phone calls to do so. Reports at my fingertips, ease of setting up employees, etc.

Pros
Love the ease of putting in payroll, new employees, updating employees, getting reports, terminating employees, etc. Really quick and easy.

Cons
There isn't anything we just don't like about this software. Do wish you could use your right/left arrow keys when inputting payroll. It would save a lot of time. You can use the up/down arrow keys, but not the right/left.

A HR Generalists Dream

Reviewed 2018-10-03

I was with the company when we made the transition over ADP and it was a huge change but it made normal day to day tasks easier and especially helped with time off/ vacation pay, and benefit compliance.

Pros
I loved being able to keep track of all my employee payroll, time off, benefits and calendars in one place. I had been working with a much simpler software system before we made the transition and it was honestly like night and day. We had an issue with not being able to completely track employee time off so some employees were taking more vacation time than they had earned and with ADP it was so much easier to track all employee hours.

Cons
The only real complaint I have is the time it takes to complete certain tasks. I would rather it be careful and thorough but sometimes it can be time consuming

Victoria Turek

I needed to change the archaic payroll system that was here before me.

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Pros
I mostly like how easy and simple the software is to use. It also gives your employees a lot of control where it would just be time consuming for you, such as their personal information. Employees can update their tax info, direct deposit, request time off, and do all their time clocking. It makes it for a more hands off experience for HR so they can focus on bigger and more important things.

Cons
Sometimes there are items you can not change without ADP's assistance, that puts a delay on certain items. Also, some items work off of pay periods, so to remove an employee I have needed to wait one-two pay periods.

Stacey Langan

Does the Job

Reviewed 2019-05-14
Review Source: Software Advice

This HRIS system helps with many compliance efforts and works much better if you have a solid on boarding and transition experience.

Pros
It handles many traditional HRIS functions and also stores employee documents. Benefit enrollments and changes are handled completely by ADP. Minimizes the amount of paperwork needed for new hires. Has reporting features that can connect to existing accounting software.

Cons
The look is a bit clunky. It can be very difficult to navigate at times and finding features not regularly used can be very difficult. Lags behind in customization especially around creating documents that require initials, signatures and so forth. ADP is very large and you can easily get lost among the masses and be transferred many times, even when you have a designated rep.

Michael Khoury

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
What do you like most about this software? Ease of use and the fact that ADP has been excellent to work with from implementation to daily HR and Payroll.

Cons
What do you like least about this software? It would be nice to have an automated benefit renewal web application where the employer can instantly visually see the impact of any substitute health plan on the company and each employee..

Shannon Harlow

I think overall it is a good investment for the company. Even though it does seem expensive.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

The ability to keep all of my employee information in one place.

Pros
I appreciate the ease of use and the availability of information. Information on compensation is available to determine the cost of an employee and to relay that to them. There is also historical data on salary that is helpful to have electronically.

Cons
The customer support seems as if they have too much on their plate. Possibly that they have been given more than they are feasibly able to do.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Versatile and Easy to use

Reviewed 2017-12-20

I am able to not only clock in and out, but can access pay stubs, estimate pay, complete reviews, update insurance and personal information and even have access to coupons and discounts.

Pros
I like all of the feature that are available for employees in the ADP platform. We are able to complete so many necessary tasks with this platform.

Cons
The software is hard to access from mobile devices. It does not format for mobile viewing and must be used on a desktop/laptop for best viewing.

Sandy Bucceri

Great for Administrators

Reviewed 2017-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

The administrative portal is very thorough. The user portal is not as intuitive, unfortunately.

Pros
There are a lot of features and fantastic in-depth reporting, both standard and customizable. You can use csv files to upload large batches of data, instead of having to do the data entry one by one.

Cons
It can be difficult to find what you're looking for. The redesigned site is definitely an improvement, and there's a bookmark feature to assist with this issue.

Great software!

Reviewed 2019-04-25

Overall, I believe it’s a great product. No major issues with it.

Pros
I like the easy of clocking in and out on my cellphone everyday and not being tied down to a computer or an actual time clock.

Cons
The app is a little glitchy and doesn’t work 100% of the time. Sometimes it will clock you in twice right in a row and you have to get it fixed by upper management. Requesting time off is a little hard to understand.

Doug Hearn

Good details

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Received a couple crash courses on where to go to do what, and since then great!

Pros
There is so much information, that you can just navigate around a stumble across great information that is so useful in planning and helping employees. Then to be able to manage from the software, very easy.

Cons
So much details hard to remember where everything is.

Chasity Daniel

Best Decision Ever

Reviewed 2017-11-08

Easy access to all my HR, Payroll and benefits information at a click of a button. I would highly recommend this software for busy office administrators to simplify day to day tasks. I like knowing that I can access the software remotely when I am traveling and I get the same information as I would if I used it in the office. The accessibility is one of the best things this software has to offer.

Pros
The software is easy to use and makes things so much more simple in day to day operations. I find it more user friendly then the competitors software I have used in the past.

Danielle Osborn

Love the software but there are issues linking Easy Labor with Total Source

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Reporting, easy for employees to use and navigate on

Pros
The software is easy to use and navigate with. The reporting mechanisms are very good and helpful too.

Cons
Hate that Easy Labor and Total Source are separate. Still have issues with the correct accruals showing up consistently in both software packages. The service center is attempting to correct

Linda Chipman

ADP Total Source has been great for our Company.

Reviewed 2018-03-27

Pros
Having our Employees be able to do the paper work online versus doing on paper. The employees have access to their paycheck electronically

Cons
The least thing we like is the internet reports. It is a little time consuming trying to find the report you are looking for however with the more we work with this section it is getting easier

Anonymous

I have been using ADP Totalsource for more than 2 years for all of my employment needs and training.

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Convenience more than anything.

Pros
I can use ADP from my phone. I am able to clock in, view my hours and see my pay without anywhere and anytime. It's very convenient.

Cons
The software doesn't always pick up my punches so my manager has to manually enter them. if i can't remember the exact time of my punch, I have to guess and I lose time.

Salimah Reece

Best HR Service Site

Reviewed 2019-02-27

ADP Total Source is pretty great and the support staff is top notch.

Pros
Ease of use. This is one of the best software groups for doing HR/Payroll requirements for a small business. Any questions my employees have I can get it quickly through the site.

Cons
This is a great site. I cant think of any cons. I am glad we chose this site.

Robin Annesley

ADP Totalsource is a fantastic service.

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Pros
Managing payroll and employees and processing new hires. Totalsource is very user friendly and our employees agree!

Cons
The time software that integrates with Totalsource, EZ Labor. The EZ Labor program does well on capturing the clock-in clock-out times, but requires a lot of batch adjustments after importing into Totalsource.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

THERESE MCCARTHY

I LOVE working with ADP Totalsource. Their site is easy to manage and their service is impeccable.

Reviewed 2017-11-01

Ease of use, accuracy, support.

Pros
Very easy to use. Do not need lessons to use and never need to contact support for assistance for every day things. I could probably state that in the time we have been using ADP Totalsource - approximately 6-8 years, I have had to contact support for their program/site less than 10 times.

Ryan Richie

Reliable and Recommended

Reviewed 2019-07-27

Pros
ADP is good once you get used to it. Several years ago when we switched from in-house to ADP I admit that I was not immediately pleased, because things worked before. However, after being with ADP and seeing how organized it is, I can recommend it.

Cons
There is nothing negative to say about ADP Total Source.