MagHub Reviews

End-to-End Media Publishing Solution

MagHub

Review Summary

Samantha C.

The monthly updates are one of the best Pros of this software. There has always been something that we have been able to leverage, either in greater efficiencies or starting new processes or products.

Easy to use for my client base, and we recommend it often to others. It is simple, has a beautiful interface and is straightforward.

Grace C.

Lisa C.

Kristi C.

Nothing that I've encountered has been difficult.

Sally S.

4.6

Maghub Review

I was on the fence with Maghub vs. their so called competitor. I regret that I went with the competitor at the time. Two years later and incredibly frustrated with their competitor I called Maghub. From start to finish, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were true professionals and truly cared about my business and how the transition would work. There's always a learning curve when you switch to new software, but for me it was like someone finally turned on the lights! The platform is very user friendly, I love the app and I can't rate their customer service high enough.

Pros

Honestly, I love everything about this software.

Cons

Zero complaints. Their customer service is top-notch, so if there is something you don't understand or need assistance with - they are right there with you. They listen to your feedback, I forget what I wanted functionality for but it wasn't an option. A quick call to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and within days they had programmed that feature for me, at no additional cost. That's what I call listening to the customer.

Thank you for your thorough review of the MagHub platform! We're glad to have your publication on board with us, and we're absolutely grateful that our platform and team could exceed expectations!

Maghub is a fantastic comprehensive solution

"A" rating for sure. Maghub is consistently the most used and helpful product we use at our mid-size publishing company. Our business revolves around it.

Pros

Ease of use and adaptability are the core strengths of the Maghub system. The system is designed to cover nearly all of the needs of a modern publishing company from order tracking, CRM, Sales functionality, and a full accounting suite. Integrations can be added to customize the system to tailor it to your needs. The customer support is engaged and helpful. Also, the feature set is constantly updated.

Cons

Not a super big con, but as publishing transitions away from a print-dominated market, software products are naturally trying to adapt as fast as they can while keeping stability and product consistency in mind. Maghub is not immune to this but improves monthly.

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub. We are fortunate to partner with terrific publishers such as yourself as you provide great feedback, commentary, and recommendations which ultimately guides the direction of MagHub as a product.

Maghub review 8/2020

Overall, I have been extremely happy. Prior to Maghub we used ZOHO. Night and day, Maghub wins!! Not only is the program easy to follow but the support has been amazing. I am also glad they are local and not from another country where I have trouble understanding them. We are only 6 months into using the program but I am looking forward to becoming a 100% user.

Pros

I like the organizational aspect of the program. Quick links are useful. Having the ability to customize my dashboard was also a nice feature. There are way more features then I have used up to this point but I am looking forward to learning about the other features. To date, the programs are fairly easy to follow. But the chat help has been wonderful!

Cons

I wish the program integrated better with gmail. Having to add bcc everytime I send out an email to a customer is a hassle. I forget constantly. It was also be nice if I could enter a contract on the app. Often I am not in front of my computer and want to enter a sale.

Hi there, thank you for your thorough review of MagHub; we are so happy you made the switch from Zoho. Regarding the Gmail situation; there are ways you can actually auto add BCC features, so you never have to do it manually again. I would also check out the newly updated Gmail Add-On as well.

MagHub is not worth the time and money

We haven't solved any of our current procedural problems. The system takes longer and costs too much money

Pros

Not much. However, the technical support is very involved with trying to solve your problems in a timely manner.

Cons

Too technical. Too many ways to achieve one outcome that makes it terribly confusing. Too analytical for selling. Sales is a relationship built with your client. This makes the salesperson a telemarketing robot and that never achieves high sales results.

Hi there, thank you for your review of MagHub. We will be reaching out today to see how we can make sure MagHub assists with your current procedural problems. We're glad our support team has been responsive, and we have no doubt our system will better assist your salesperson's day to day activities.

MAGHUB MAKES LIFE EASIER

I have been using it for a yr. now and the Overall experience has been great. For an in house program, easily taught and makes me have better access to my 200 clients . Not complicated at all to learn and truly a great program.

Pros

I can easily see my schedule, appointments, all the information I need on a particular client. The payments are automatically done (*meaning the way it is set up to send reminders and I DO not need to do this anymore )** the Activities is great for my notes and for me to choose if I want to set up a TO DO make an appointment or EMAIL the client a reminder without having to type or copy past if already programmed* the Email Contact About Call * feature also one of my favorites.

Cons

That I am not able to fix the layout *my preference * site settings. I preferred it on the top , not docked on the side and for NOT being able to manage or set it the way I like.

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we're glad that the MagHub platform has made your processes easier. Regarding the Left-Hand Navigation menu, we understand that it is an adjustment, and one that we will continue to improve. We adopted the Left-Hand Navigation many years ago for our Client/Subscriber/Vendor portals, and after testing those processes, we found users find and access things easier; which prompted us to release it for all of MagHub.

No comparison!

MagHub has a very energetic and dedicated development team that continues to expand and improve the functionality of the software on a monthly basis. Their customer support team is extremely responsive and delivers support whenever it is needed, which is not what I have found with another magazine management software company.

Pros

When it comes to the daily management of magazine production and sales, there are not very many softwares that specialize in it. Of the handful that I researched, I chose MagHub because it had the necessary features with an attractive layout at a very reasonable price, especially a pretty well developed mobile app functionality.

Cons

There is nothing that sticks out in my mind about MagHub that I don't like.

Thank you for your positive remarks about MagHub. We strive to offer a great platform, paired with great support; and it seems by your comments we hit the nail on the head!

Maghub Sales Perspective

Maghub is extremely user friendly. I can quickly look at my home page dashboard and track what agreements are waiting for client approval and finance approval, how I am tracking towards my goal, my cold calls for CRM management, and any upcoming activities and to-dos I have scheduled. The reports are easy to find and I use them daily. I can see which accounts' contracts are expiring ahead of time and make sure to call in plenty of time.

Pros

I look at the reports everyday. They are extremely helpful in prospecting and keeping track of my monthly revenue. I am able to look back at prior years to determine call rotations too.

Cons

I am not able to edit email activities.

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We're excited that the New Dashboard will also be made primary soon, allowing you even more customization, and reports (you can even create custom reports with Metabase).

Great Program!

Pros

Customize able to our company, integrated with our business model and other software easily, user friendly

Cons

It’s a little quirky, but once you get to know the program, the quirks become very familiar

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We appreciate you sticking through and learning the 'quirks' of MagHub. Connecting departments is what MagHub is all about, and that often means integrating various software titles. Fortunately, our in-house development team is always up for the challenge!

Great software and customer service

Great!

Pros

They really listen to their users and the software is very user friendly.

Cons

As with any software you buy of the "shelve", it is not custom and you have to understand that.

Thank you for reviewing MagHub! We thoroughly believe that the support that we offer far surpasses any other Media Publishing ERP. We strive to make our platform universally easy to adopt, yet adaptable for each publisher's business.

Associate Publisher view

I have used many other platforms and I find this to be the best i have ever used. To be honest it just makes sense where to look for things and how to use them

Pros

We all like the ease of use and data storage as well as ordering and opportunities for forecasting

Cons

None that i can think of now other than the main gadgets in the main page dont seem to work well for us

Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad you found the transition from Salesforce to MagHub beneficial for your organization. Regarding gadgets, be sure to customize your New Dashboard and Widgets! With our Metabase integration you can have endless custom reports based on your data, no programming required.

MagHub product review

MagHub solves the co-ordination of the publishing business. Each step of the process integrates smoothly, almost without human intervention. From drip e-mail campaigns to prospecting to sales to invoicing to production and distribution, there is no wasted time with duplication, or finding the information that documents what other staff have done on behalf of the client.

Pros

MagHub takes the randomness out of the sales process. By following the call lists, no prospect falls between the cracks and no client gets left behind. The product is easy to use and is intuitive for what a publisher needs. We have been able to customize it to our specific needs. The learning curve is relatively easy compared to other software products we've looked at.

Cons

The only thing on my wish list is that MagHub would integrate with Quick Books desktop version. Currently MagHub integrates with Quick Books Online. We use the desktop version of Quick Books, and my bookkeeper will not change.

Thank you for your review of MagHub! We appreciate the thoroughness, and are glad you found the system easy to utilize with your business.

Great Features, Ease of use means workflow efficiency

Maghub is a one stop program for us. I don't have to go out and find different programs to run different areas of the business. I especially like the team of developers that continually improve the features and really jump in when there are new requests to develop. This helps keep the business moving.

Pros

The well rounded software that allows us to use the same system and information to flow from prospecting to ad sales to collecting materials to page planning, billing and collections. Maghub also allows our Editorial teams to track the assignments, costs and payments to freelancers or internal employees. the software also allows us to maintain our Circulation and Distribution lists as well. since all the information is in the same system, we reach maximum communication thru out the organization efficiently.

Cons

Documentation of features and settings. The documentation doesn't tell you how settings may effect things in the future.

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! Our product was designed to do exactly what your company is successfully using it for; integrating all of your moving parts (departments) into one system. Regarding our Help Center, we're in the process of updating our entire service. In the coming months, look forward to a redesigned Help Center that is more precise, updated, and easier to follow than ever before!

Changing to the MagHub platform is the best thing we have ever done for our publishing division!

In addition to everything already stated, the switch to MagHub has helped us to cut the costs associated with using two different programs. It has also become a huge time saver for our accounting department.

Pros

Ease of use and having everything in one database is wonderful; the fact that we have combined what we previously had with Pre1 and QuickFill has streamlined the process and made it extremely efficient. Above all, being able to access circulation and advertising info in one place is key for me as a publisher. And I can count on the info being right with MagHub. On the circulation side of the business,...

Cons

There have been very few negative issues with making the move to MagHub. Our biggest challenge was that we sell many books, articles, and other specialty items on our website. While there was no way to handle these sales initially, MagHub was able to set up a great system for us whereby we can now track everything we sell and who we sell it to.

Good afternoon Poppy, Thank you for your expansive review of MagHub! Also, we are glad that MagHub was able to fit your unique needs of books, articles, and other specialty items; as we always tell our clients, MagHub is made by you, for you. MagHub Marketing Team

Great tool for keeping up with the business

As I said above, it helps sales stay on top of contracts and helps me know exactly where the business is at all times.

Pros

The easy-to-use dashboard lets me know exactly how the business is doing currently and for the upcoming months. The charts and gadgets presentation is excellent. Our bookkeeper is able to stay on top of invoices with the the aging reports which are excellent to check every week. Our layout and design person is able to easily keep up the ads that go in each issue. Our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] stays right on top of his contacts, knows which renewals are coming and finds it a great way to help our sales. Customer support is outstanding and makes all the difference is using this product vs others.

Cons

The learning curve is somewhat steep. We have to move from an older system and it took some time to learn all the features and get the. I am not a software engineer and sometimes the systems are tough to figure out how to use and change. However the excellent customers service solves this problem.

Thank you for taking the time to review MagHub. We are glad that your business adopted the system, and that it's helping all of your departments function seamlessly inside MagHub. Being such a large product that manages all departments, there are certainly a lot of hidden gems, that sometimes take a while to discover, but as you mentioned, our support/project team is up to the task!

Increased Productivity & Centralized All of our Operations

This system has helped standardize our processes within our company, from internal communication to communication with our clients and much more. We have a few employees in the office, and several employees who work remote, including production and billing. This system keeps all of our processes organized and has helped our team immensely.

Pros

Maghub has done phenomenal things for our company. I truly encompasses every aspect our of organization that we needed help with. From keeping our contacts, leads and sales goals in order, to facilitating communication within our organization and with clients to streamlining our production process - this software took our company to the next level of productivity and organization. Overall, it was not difficult to roll out to our team. The only challenge of integrating it in on a daily level is the fact that the software truly has so much to offer, it just takes time to truly discover and utilize it all - which is a great problem to have!

Cons

Being a small, local publisher, we have found just a few areas that we wish MagHub encompassed. We love this software so much that we truly wish our entire operations could funnel through the system. Currently we are unable to manage our distribution through this software, but we are hopeful that as developments and improvements within the system continue to happen that this still could be a possibility in the future.

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! It certainly is a robust platform that covers everything from Ad Sales to Subscriptions. As we continue with our monthly releases, it makes it possible to update many parts of the system, rapidly; which can sometimes be overwhelming for our clients; however, it's always beneficial for them.

Excellent Customer Service

We love being able to track our sales issue to issue. We have definitely benefitted from having MagHub because more of our tasks can be automated through MagHub than with our old software. We love having a Client Center portal, even though it's been a challenge to get all of our customers to use it. The ones that do use it love it, and it most definitely makes our job easier when they do!

Pros

I like the live chat feature most. Because we're always finding new things the software can do for us, it's helpful to have someone answer a quick question through live chat. Everyone is super friendly and accommodating. If the question is too complex for live chat, and I end up filling out a feature request or problem ticket, I always have a satisfactory follow-up.

Cons

We just recently started using the Subscriber section of the software (about 6 months or so ago). Adding and invoicing new subscriptions is a multi-step process which is somewhat tedious. Also, we would love more customization of subscription invoices. Right now, if someone purchases more than one subscription (such as their own plus gifts), they have to receive multiple invoices instead of one invoice for their purchase. This is super irritating and creates more work on our end.

Thank you for your positive remark! Our support team is what sets up apart from everyone else. We pride ourselves in offering more avenues for our clients to chat with our U.S. based support team. Keep an eye out for the subscriptions sections, as we are constantly adding tweaks/improvements to make the process easier for everyone.

Maghub - a great program at a great value

We moved from Microsoft Dynamics to MagHub in less than 30 days. At the end of 30 days the staff was able to enter orders and production had the reports they needed. We did not have to change any of our processes because Maghub was easily configurable to what we were used to doing.

Pros

Ease of customization and implementation. MagHub updates the product each month, fixing reported bugs and introducing new features.

Cons

At the time we converted, the reporting on digital revenue was slightly inadequate. With the regular MagHub updates the product now has multiple options available for revenue recognition and viewing.

Thank you for your review of MagHub! Our goal for any new user of MagHub switching from another platform, is to get them up and running as soon as possible! It takes both our team and your team's dedication implementation and you've shown your dedication!

MagHub = 5 stars

Overall experience has been excellent. It was nerve wracking at first switching from the past software we used but we were able to import our data successfully and had strong help along the way.

Pros

We switched to MagHub at the end of 2016 and found it to be the best option for managing our clients, ads and running in depth reports into our data. Like most new customers, there were some kinks we needed worked out here and there and the MagHub team was very responsive and found solutions to our needs. Overall the ease of use as well as the customization of the software has been very important to us.

Cons

The is very little we dislike about the software. The only thing we have experienced difficulty with is catering it to some of our international sales reps and sales reps that deal with international companies. It can be a bit time consuming entering international addresses since you are forced to pick a state/province for international locations, which can be very tricky with European and Asian countries.

Thank you for your comments James, we are glad the nerve-wracking has surpassed and the group is happy with MagHub. As we continue to grow outside of the US market expect more and more international features to come, similarly to the multiple currencies that was featured recently.

It's a lot to learn, but worth the effort.

I like Maghub, and I get a sense of satisfaction when I am able to figure out how to do something. Overall, I think you all are doing a great job.

Pros

Maghub is great in that it does everything. Once you get the hang of it, it works smoothly for contact management, emailing, billing and invoicing. There is always another useful feature to discover and learn.

Cons

We are a small company, but we publish four weekly newspapers. Maghub is very complex and it has taken a long time to get myself, and my co-workers, up to speed on it. It takes a lot of effort to learn and master, especially those features that are not used on a daily basis. Some features, like Magbuilder, are clearly developed with magazines in mind rather than newspapers. It can take some creativity to find the work-arounds to adapt Maghub to our procedures and products. Also, at times, I feel like Maghub's company motto is "why let people click their mouse once, when you can make them click it three times."

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we understand that having a robust system such as ours, is a lot to take on. That's why we make sure our support/project team is up to the task! With hundreds of videos, help documents, and webinars, we'll make sure any publisher gets up and running!

Maghub streamlined our production cycle

We probably gained almost a week to our production cycle each month because of the backlog we once had to get all the communication to production from sales. Maghub allows all the sales team to manage and provide instructions and materials themselves eliminating the bottleneck we once had with the flow of info between sales and production.

Pros

The ability to have a shared workspace for the sales and production team to communicate on a ticket by ticket basis.

Cons

The learning curve was kinda steep. All the tools are there but it just took us a while to get everyone up to speed.

Thank you for that great comment about reducing the bottleneck! We are glad that MagHub has helped your publishing business operate more efficiently, it's what we strive for.

MagHub Proved It's Value

Having our own company software became difficult making upgrades, etc. MagHub was the best solutions for us.

Pros

After years of using software developed especially for my company's use, I was leery of changing to another software. MagHub proved to be user friendly and saved valuable time when sending out proofs, uploading files and invoicing. The added feature of being able to chat with a customer service rep, while working through issues has been very helpful.

Cons

Since my company has 2 sides — Publishing and a Marketing side, the software posed a challenge. For the publishing side, MagHub is great, but for the marketing side my old software seemed to work better for me. Frequent updates have made some areas better, but when using something new there is always a learning curve.

Thank you for your review of MagHub. Moving from a custom platform can sometimes be a struggle, but it is certainly one we've been successful with many times. I would recommend that for your Marketing side, that perhaps taking a look at our other product, Aysling, as it is built for Professional Services groups, such as PR and Advertising Agencies.

excellent customer support

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] & his team made the transition and training as seamless as possible. The customer support team has continued to be responsive & helpful.

Cons

It'd be nice to have more filters/options when executing searches or running reports.

Thank you for your review of MagHub. We strive to offer the best support of any software company in the industry. With our latest monthly updates, we would recommend that you try out our DataWarehouse and Metabase integration, as it'll allow you to create endless customizable reports, based on your needs (without the need of a computer engineering degree to build them).

MagHub -- Great CRM solution for publishers

We migrated our in-house CRM database to MagHub in 2017 to take advantage improve our overall order-entry and tracking processes. MagHub understands the needs of publishers and their background was a big asset in the conversion process. The platform has been reliable and their service and support has been top-notch.

Pros

MagHub's service and support through the transition from our CRM to their platform was great. They continue to be responsive to our needs and are consistently bringing new features to their product on a monthly basis. The input from their user community is a big consideration in determining the enhancement schedule. An added plus for us with MagHub is the availability of their Data Warehouse which has opened the door to integration with other 3rd party tools.

Cons

While MagHub has numerous reports available in their system, at times it has been difficult getting users familiar with what reports will meet their needs most appropriately. Reporting enhancements have been added to the product that have helped in this area.

Thank you for your review Phil! It's been a pleasure working with Gardner Business Media, Inc. and I know how much Tom loves adding new reports, and adding new features in the Data Warehouse tool.

Pros and Cons of MagHub

Overall I like MagHub and a lot of our challenges with the system are due to our own internal struggles. Things like MagBuilder and Commissions are just not able to be adopted yet. Wish we could leverage the Ticket workflow system to be more refined in views for large clients. Works great for a smaller client but having that ability to ramp up for a large multi tier corporation is lacking making wishful elements unusable.

Pros

I like how MagHub has been designed to be a beginning to end software solution for B2B companies. It allows you to integrate all divisions of your company into one solution vs. many.

Cons

Sometimes the permissions and amount of options is too much and not as refined as it should be. Don't offer something that can only perform at 50% or less. If it can't work at that level it isn't refined enough to be offered to a business. Those elements should be taken out of the mix to avoid confusion.

Thank you for your review Jonathan. We strive in being the one tool any publisher needs, and thus results in a lot of extra tools. Our push for 2018/2019 is to refine these tools across the board. First up, Orders!

Quarterly magazine company using MagHub

The benefits of MagHub for our company have been the sales tools, easy invoicing process, and digital tear sheets.

Pros

MagHub is a fantastic tool for our sales team. The team enjoys the ease with which they can track their clients, forecast their goals, and send and receive contracts/signatures. This has streamlined our sales process.

Cons

MagHub seems as though it was created with magazine publishers that publish weekly or monthly magazines in mind more so than quarterly publishers, which made some of the features difficult for us to adjust to. We do not use the software to manage our production schedule or mailing list for this reason. The integration was a bit difficult at the beginning because we were switching from not using a CRM system at all (just tracking everything through spreadsheets and paper files) to this, but our whole team is now adept at using it.

Thank you for your MagHub review. We understand that sometimes it takes some adjustments to get used to a new software system; however, we're glad your team took the time to adopt MagHub.