MagHub Reviews

4.6

How would you rate MagHub?

Pros

My overall experience with Maghub is positive. I do not mind navigating through the platform and think there are many helpful features for a successful sales process.

AS

Alyssa S.

And all of the people that I have met working at MagHub/Aysling has been humble and funny (seriously funny.), it's been a joy to implement this software and see it really help all of our departments.

LW

Laura W.

The quality of design is presented very well for companies, contacts, and financial data in reporting. And the export tool allows for ease of integration to other applications like Microsoft Office.

JB

Juernene B.

Cons

I regret that I went with the competitor at the time. Two years later and incredibly frustrated with their competitor I called Maghub.

Kristi C.

There have been very few negative issues with making the move to MagHub. Our biggest challenge was that we sell many books, articles, and other specialty items on our website.

PB

Poppy B.

It can be a bit time consuming entering international addresses since you are forced to pick a state/province for international locations, which can be very tricky with European and Asian countries.

James Z.

MagHub for Manufacturing Media Brands

Solid.

Pros

The ability now to customize my dashboard to contain what I feel are the most important widgets and tools to get the job done, while everyone else can make the same decisions for themselves within the platform.

Cons

The proposal creation process is somewhat tedious and the pending orders portion makes the proposals kind of redundant.

Hello there, thank you for your review of MagHub. Our recent updates to our Dashboard and Metabase integration have greatly increased the insight into a publisher's business, more than ever before. Thank you also for your feedback regarding Pending Orders and Proposals, I will be sure to share that with our Product Director.

Maghub review

Overall they are a great company and I would recommend them for most magazine publishers needs.

Pros

It's more user friendly than what we've used in the past. It has many really great features. The staff are a pleasure to work with. They are constantly trying to improve the software.

Cons

Many of the features cost extra to use, which is difficult for our company to manage. Some features need a lot of work and the company won't do the work unless enough clients ask for it.

Thank you for your review Chantel, we appreciate the ability to work with your team. Our crowdsourcing model has been a topic of discussion lately, and we'll hopefully have a solution that benefits all of our clients!

MagHub Review

Pros

I use billing and subscriptions. It's very easy to use and help is always just an email away. Loading our sales history was important and easier than we anticipated.

Cons

The only problem I have is with the way A/R ages. We have to have the due date set 1 day after billing date in order to get the A/R report to age properly. That confuses customers.

Thank you for your MagHub review. We always appreciate the feedback; especially with customer-facing components. I've shared this feedback with our product team about A/R aging. In the meantime though, as you mentioned we're always an email or a live chat away.

We all love MagHub!

Our overall experience is we love it! The fact that it is designed specifically for magazines really helped us with work flows. Thank you MagHub!

Pros

We love the automated reminders for the clients and the staff. Our communications are more precise cause we can send messages about clients directly to a user from the client file. The automated installment invoices helped us greatly with our cash flow as human interaction is not required on payment plans anymore.

Cons

The templates of our documents is limited and not very flexible. The system is American and we are Canadians. Some of Canadian requirements are not met like language settings (we have clients that need their documents in French) and provincial & federal taxes boxes.

Hi there Jasmyne, Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub! We're glad your entire team is enjoying MagHub! With feedback from clients like you, we can continue to add improvements to our system to better suit your needs!

MagHub Usr Review

Over-all my experience is quite good.

Pros

Intuitive and easy to use, Well organized and structured. Good Customer Service

Cons

Some functions don't translate throughout For example changing contact status does not carry through to the Production Report which means manual adjustment each time. Marketing tools need work. If i write a bulk email but someone else send, i do not get full metrics or it does not list as an activity on each email address. Drip emails seem to report on the firs one only. Metrics are lacking a bit

Thank you for your review of the MagHub platform, we are glad that you found it to be organized and structured. We will actually reach out and assist with the marketing/drip campaign functionality, which should help.

They worked very closely with us to make sure we had everything set up the way we needed.

Pros

The staff at Aysling is supportive, knowledgeable, helpful and best of all, fun to work with. I love the magbuilder component - it makes laying the paper out super easy, and mistakes easy to spot immediately. I wish my staff would use the CRM portion more often, but that's on us!

Cons

The circulation aspect isn't as robust as we need so we do not use it. I'm looking forward to the day that we can.

Good afternoon Colleen, Thank you for your review of MagHub. We pride ourselves with the shared knowledge between all of our departments, and the ability to get to know our clients on a personal level. Regarding the circulation portion, stay tuned. With monthly releases, we make sure each portion of MagHub is focused on. MagHub Marketing Team

Easiest conversion I've ever been involved in as well as super support and documentation from MagHub

Cost savings, efficiencies, faster user acceptance and a shorter implementation process.

Pros

The monthly updates are one of the best Pros of this software. There has always been something that we have been able to leverage, either in greater efficiencies or starting new processes or products.

Cons

Editing an order after final approval can sometimes be cumbersome, but not impossible. Our sales staff has to get Accounting involved, which sometimes lengthens the process needlessly.

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad that the transition to MagHub was a smooth one. It's challenging when moving from one system to another; however, we've experienced it enough to become experts at it. MagHub Marketing Team

designer perspective.

I love it! Very organized and keeps it all structured. Thank you!

Pros

how I can make reports and save them. The shortcut link for them really saves me time. how everything is right there.

Cons

I wish the entire line of the report would be colored... not just the section of the status. I tend to look left to right visually and when I look at company name I would like to see the color of the status over there as well.... not just having to glance over and see what the color may be.

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we also use the Save Reports and can attest, it saves us a lot of time and clicks as well! We also submitted a Feature Request for your comment about the coloring of reports.

Fan of MagHub

I happy over-all.

Pros

Once you get comfortable where everything is, it's a fairly easy system to use.

Cons

When we changed over from Magazine Manager to MagHub, there really wasn't a good system in place to move trade balances over. We ended up just using a spreadsheet to track from the last system. I add to it from MagHub.

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we are glad to have you onboard with us, and happy to hear our system is easy to use. I have shared your comment about trade balances to our support team to see if we can accommodate that for you.

Overall a good system and easy to use

Pros

I like to be able to see the tracking in an individual order, where different members of my team can sign off on their responsibilities and duties, in terms of task management this is essential for me and my role.

Cons

I think sometimes the reporting is a little complicated.

Thanks for your review of MagHub. We are glad the platform provides the 360 degree view that you need. Reporting will always be one of our priorities; whether it's adding new filters, or even new reports. We'd also recommend checking out the DataWarehouse with Metabase, as that could create a personalized dashboard for you, that way you wouldn't need to load up reports anymore.

Vital to Operating Our Magazine

The MagHub staff is very professional and accommodating. The software is continually evolving and adding features.

Pros

I like the availability of so much information at my fingertips, and I appreciate the responsiveness of the MagHub support team.

Cons

There is very little in MagHub that is intuitive. You have to learn the simplest, basic steps and there is a continual learning curve, so you never truly feel like you've mastered anything.

Great order entry system!

Pros

This software is so much easier to use and "up-to-date" than our previous order entry system.

Cons

The CRM feature could really use some enhancing. It's definitely lacking in comparison to other true CRM systems such as Salesforce, Pipedrive, Oracle's Siebel, etc.

Thank you for your review of MagHub. At Aysling we strive to continuously update our platform monthly, and we're glad that work has been noticed. With our CRM we're constantly making improvements, from new dashboards, better widgets, less clicks, and smoother integrations; we know there are more features/benefits that would help grow our client's ad sales, and we'll keep adding and improving them.

Very helpful

Pros

MagHub does pretty much everything we need to manage our publishing company. Their support is excellent, and they quickly help us with any issues we're having.

Cons

It's not the most intuitive software. It takes a bit to get used to / set up correctly.

Hi there, thank you for reviewing MagHub today. We are glad you have found our support team so helpful, we strive to provide the best support structure of any platform on the market.

Associate Publisher

The more we learn, but more we make good use of MagHub. Our company should have involved the sales team more directly from the beginning of the process.

Pros

The potential for this CRM to be a one-stop shop for all our needs from sales to production.

Cons

The transition from our previous software programs to MagHub have been long and tedious.

Thank you for your review Dawn. We appreciate your persistence and understanding of the initial setup. Moving from one CRM to another is a tough task, and it's often the deciding factor when choosing a software. We appreciate the opportunity to work with your group, and migrate you successfully to MagHub.

VistaGraphics transition to mag hub

production, accounting, circulation and sales mgmt

Pros

The transition went well and honestly we have incorporated most dynamics into our business operations. Been very pleased with all so far.

Cons

Accounts receivable has been the slowest item to incorporate

Thank you for your review of MagHub, and allowing us to serve your publishing business. We are consistently working on new strategies for assisting all departments get onboarded; and with feedback from clients like yourself, it will just keep getting better.

Maghub is a great tool for us. We are still not using it to its full capacity. It has been our fault

It's a great Contact Management Tool. Our sales team loves it. WE do all of our tracking and sales functions. Our next step is layout and accounting.

Pros

The CRM is a great sales tool for us. We are looking forward to implementing the rest of the tools. The online HELP is so great and easy to use.

Cons

It's not intuitive. You have to figure out what Maghub's terminology for things is. There are too many choices. I prefer software that says "Click this for.." or instructions that are clearly defined.

Good afternoon Sandra, Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad that MagHub is a hit among your sales team! Regarding terminology, we are consistently working to make the system easier to use and understand for clients like yourself. MagHub Marketing Team

MagHub Review

Good overall

Pros

Browser based, fairly intuitive to use, admin from my team members is good

Cons

Final check mark icon in Reports could be a different color so at a quick glance, you would be able to see Final entries in your reports

Hello there, thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad you have found MagHub to be intuitive; also, thank you for your feedback about the coloring, I have shared this directly with our Product Director to get this resolved in an appropriate manner.

Maghub

Pros

Solid interface. Easy to use. Gets the job down for what we use it for.

Cons

I wish the app was improved with more features for access on the go.

Thank you for your review of MagHub, and the feedback you provided. I have shared your requests for improvements for the Mobile Application with our Product Director, and will be sure to review them.

Great Tool!!

Im glad i have this system as a tool vs a super complicicated SForce

Pros

Maghub is a great tool for an Executive in sales.

Cons

Some of the toggling back and forth from agenda to an account i wish i could go back to the exact spot in agenda where i left off.

Thanks for your review of MagHub! Regarding your comment of toggling back and forth, we highly recommend checking out the New Dashboard, and Dock updates that are coming in the next month. You will be able to add widgets such as the Agenda on the dock to make it accessible anywhere in MagHub.

Maghub

Pros

able to process sub payment and have sub created at the same time.

Cons

multi steps to do one function. Subs that are bought from outside USA are able to sub for Domestic subs .

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we are consistently removing the need of multiple clicks. It's a big system, but we are making progress.

MagHub is all you need!

It's a great tool for managing tasks, accounts and your time. HIghly recommended

Pros

Ease of use, detailed reporting and tracking. Activity logging.

Cons

The reports function can sometimes be a little tricky. A "new accounts" feature would be great to see to view growth of accounts.

Good Product for CRM & Sales Order Entry

Overall I have had a pleasant experience with MagHub

Pros

I like how everything you need is in one place.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting in the system is very hard to access. Not all reports needed are already in the system. Building one from scratch can be cumbersome.

Thank you for your review of MagHub, we highly recommend checking out our Metabase integration, as it allows you to create the custom reports you want, much easier than trying to access Pivot Tables or SQL!

Great for new publishing companies.

Pros

The software is intuitive and easy to use. Even my Publisher can use it! It's not clunky as with previous uses of CRM software within the publishing industry.

Cons

Contact names and companies should be hyperlinked throughout the system.

Thank you for your review of MagHub. We are glad that you found it intuitive and performs well for your team. We have also submitted a feature request based on your hyperlink comment!

Higher user-friendly

Didn't take long to learn it and the updates have been common sense.

Pros

It handles everything your 'rollodex' to your emails to clients, through the invoicing stage.

Cons

One email is usually only accessible in one record, therefore some agencies can potentially become a bit messy.

Thank you for reviewing MagHub. We strive to make it the one-stop-shop that manages everything from prospects to paid orders.

An important sales resource

Pros

The ability to see what customers & prospects are doing and where for their overall marketing initiatives and comparing how the competition is doing

Cons

Could use more industry specific search categories in my market niche

Thank you for your thorough review of MagHub. We also use the platform internally for our prospect/client management, which allows us to focus on the aspects that assist with making the processes smoother.