SKULabs Logo
SKULabs

Cloud-based inventory management and order fulfillment

visit website

SKULabs Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.35/10

Reviews by rating

This Software is very User Friendly, we transitioned to this system Seamlessly with the help of the Skulabs Team. For Day to Day Shipping, and any inventory tasks it is easy and efficient to use.
I have of course not asked for functionality that I don't think would be good for others, but it's just amazing how they have adhered to it and implemented it quicker than I could have imagined.
It has great ease of use and functionality the option to select cheapest shipping fees without having to switch to multiple screens or programs and re enter addresses is a great time saver.
The product search is horrible. It is an exact word search.
Skulabs is like an infant child: You have to watch it constantly as problems will popup consistently and you have to solve them or else bad things can happen.

Ben C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Pays for its self

Pros

No more staff picking errors. The amount of $ this software saves is amazing. No more having to pay for customer return postage for incorrect item sent. Customers are happier. We are happier. The software pays for its self if you consider its zero error tollarance and what would otherwise have to be spent on returns.

Cons

It doesn't connect to vend the pos software we use or tower systems pos software. We would like it to have better functionaluty and connectivity here for inventory control.

Thanks so much for that feedback, and we're so glad you like it! We've spent a ton of time building this service and we all really appreciate the fact that you gave us a shot.

GO

Grant O.

Tobacco, 1-10 employees

SKULabs gives you the ERP features you need to grow, at a fraction of the cost

SKULabs from the pre-planning to onboarding to ongoing support is out of this world, couldn't have asked for a better partner!

Pros

Overall ease of use - we came from StitchLabs when it was killed-off; SKULabs was just outside of our desired budget, but it delivers ERP grade software at a fraction of the cost. We have utilised SKULabs features to grow our business by over 45% in a single year! Before, I was probably say I was "flying blind" - now we use Insights and Sales Velocity daily and totally changed how we operate our business.

Cons

Nothing yet. It is extremely intuitive, easy to use and if you get stuck the support team are super quick to respond.

KM

Keith M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great WMS

Overall, I am very happy with SKULabs and especially how quick they respond to questions or comments.

Pros

The SKULabs software is very end user friendly and intuitive. It also has very useful analytics.

Cons

nothing really for our application of use

CJ

Catherine J.

Do not use this product

Pros

The team behind SKULabs are nice (and always willing to take phone calls or chat via email), but unfortunately the product is too buggy and half built to serve any purpose. This product talks way more game than it delivers.

Cons

The landing page makes it seem like they have a full suite of functionality. In reality, they *some* functionality related to what they promise, but it's often half baked and buggy. The docs offer no guidance on how to use some features. It'd be worth its price if it actually did what they say they do on their website.

BL

Brice L.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Good product, needs some work though

Skulabs solved the problem of me paying too much for my previous inventory control program. It, for the most part, does what I wanted it to do.

Pros

It connects to lots of marketplaces. Once you understand how the software works, it works pretty well about 90-95 percent of the time. I have found it was a software written by software engineers (of course) that probably have never run a store before. But over, it is okay. Have not found a better alternative yet

Cons

The product search is horrible. It is an exact word search. If you don't put it in exactly, you won't find your product. I only have a few hundred products. I can't imagine what it would be like if you had thousands. There are lots of little things about this software that if you don't get right then it won't work at all. It is a must to pay them to set it up since it is most certainly not a...

Thanks for your candid feedback. Every solution has its pain points, but we'll continue working to reduce ours as much as humanly possible.

TW

Tisha W.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

SkuLabs has simplified our Inventory Mgt Process

Pros

We like skulabs because it integrates very well with Big Commerce. Being able to load our inventory at a SKU level and build kits has streamlined my inventory mgt process. We have very few skus, but sell those skus packaged in quite a few different kits, but I always see with one click inventory on base skus.

Cons

>Wish for had a few more choices on shipping vendors. >Wish for the ability to have POS orders come through as Waiting to Ship

Thanks for your feedback! We've been hard at work making inventory management less of a headache for everyone, and it's great to see that bearing fruit for your team!

JG

Justin G.

Import and Export, 1-10 employees

Excellent inventory management

SKU Labs support is top notch, they are insanely responsive and willing to help work through almost anything you have issues or questions with.

Pros

The ability to create items as kits that depend on other products was key for us, since our business relies on these types of listings. We used to need to keep kit inventory separate from general, but now it is so easy to just enter inventory amounts into products X Y and Z, and the kit that needs them automatically calculates how many can be sold based on hat items are on hand. Amazing!

Cons

It took a while to get used to and get everything set up. There is a learning curve that can cause some headache, but the support team will make it as smooth as possible.

Aaron R.

Solid functionality and Affordable

Overall SKULabs has really improved our accuracy in shipping, receiving PO's, and doing periodic inventory counts. Import/export functions are solid for being able to mass update to, or from SKULabs. Also, we do not see the 'anomalies' we saw in other software programs we used where inventory would just be off on occasion with no explanation. On that note, the logging system for products is very nice to be able to look back at when/how/why units were changed to track what is going on with any given product.

Pros

The integration of barcode scanning is very extensive in this software. Most software add on barcode scanning as almost an afterthought and that is apparent in its use, but SKULabs seems to hold it at its core and it becomes a very powerful tool. Very intuitive and usable GUI that doesn't overwhelm users. Solid integration with sales channels, and shipping services including Amazon SFP Shipping.

Cons

It takes a little testing to fully understand how the inventory is handled during the cancellation/picking/shipment process. When inventory is released back into inventory during the shipment/cancellation process combined with the picking/scanning can be a little confusing, but some quick testing can shed some light on how it is handled and is easy once you get the hang of it. The SKULabs mobile app has pretty poor performance. Slow response time and frequent disconnects/timeouts. We finally just started using the software through a browser on our mobile devices as it was more reliable.

HB

Heather B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Great Software

Overall, the experience has been of exceptional standard. The Sku Team are extremely helpful; they walk you through any issues or useful tips and if customization is needed, they have a full team on standby for this.

Pros

From start to finish, the skulabs product was exceptionally easy to use with almost no training needed. We loved that it resolved critical errors or bottlenecks we were experiencing in our order verification process. It also has a great user management feature so that we could pinpoint orders verified by certain personnel.

Cons

Although the order upload/import process is relatively easy. I find that if you are importing from another system, you have to be careful as to not duplicate any of the orders. I know this is a fail safe but if you make an error on the file, you have to re-upload the entire document (and repeat one by one as it only tells you one error at a time).

Great app. A little pricy.

Pros

Lots of Features - definitely a full service product. Easy Setup - didn't take too long. Great Customer Support - they called me right after installing.

Cons

Price - that's my only complaint. It's really expensive. I'm using SKULabs to sync product details and inventory totals between Square and Shopify. I'm looking at another app that claims to do this but I'm a little afraid to take the risk. Has anybody used Squarify?

AL

Aimee L.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Functional

It's been good. WE like it, it works, however, we are approaching an inventory point where we need some of these issues we have to work. The shipping feature would be huge as we still cant use it.

Pros

SKuLabs has been very functional for us in making our inventory management easier utilizing the 'warehouse' feature for two warehouses. It's helped us know our current inventory, update and order items. It's been EXTREMELY helpful. The inventory updates are relatively quick, so it's nice to have the site match the inventory. Customer Service has been responsive, but only on chat.

Cons

The shipping feature cant be utilized because it prints the products on the outside of the label. It would be nice if that would changed. We have products we sell individually that are also part of a kit, where the parts are in two warehouses. We can't seem to figure out how to create these kits and the chat help hasn't been helpful. Sometimes a human voice to guide through processes would be significantly helpful. The barcodes also don't work where we can print from SKUlabs. We purchased 4 different label printers assuming it was the printer and customer service basically said, it is what it is, it won't work. That's been a downside in needing to print thousands of labels routinely.

Hi Aimee, and thanks for your candid feedback. Our team was not aware of some of these ongoing issues and would like to resolve them with you as best we can. Please reach out to us whenever you have time available to restart those conversations I'm sure the issues you're still experiencing can be sorted out and your team will be using SKULabs to its fullest potential in no time!

JR

James R.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Not perfect, But Easily the best

Overall the software does what we wanted it to do and has helped us imporve accuracy 10 fold. if you are looking to get your stock organized and consolidate your shipping department, this is the program for you.

Pros

The software is straight forward, user-friendly, and has honestly completely changed our inventory accuracy by at least 80% or more. We used to have discrepancies at least once a day, and now we only get them once or twice a month. This software was a large change to our business but once it is installed and integrated it makes everything more efficint.

Cons

I wish it had better analytic capabilities. we still find ourselves spending a lot of time figuring out how much we need to order and when. this gets difficult when shipments can take 3 months to arrive. a better inventory ordering feature would be nice as the ones in place don't work for what we want them too.

Thanks for your feedback! We're always working on improving our solution so that helps a ton. :)

AS

Andrew S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Good solid program, could be smoother

Pros

I've seen it make some improvements. The process for bulk shipping and printing labels afterward has become a little more automated. Overall a useful tool

Cons

I wish it could interface with a barcode scanner where I could input quantity information on the scanner. I wish you could set it to automatically print labels once you bulk ship a group of orders. Instead of clicking the drop down and 'print combined documents'. Or at least something more streamlined than the current process.

Thanks for that feedback! We may have alternative methods of streamlining the tasks you're describing. Give our support team a call or send us an email to discuss those. :)

JN

Jonathan N.

Arts and Crafts, 501-1,000 employees

The nuclear option for fulfillment processing

Our fulfillment center is able to verify if everything is its package using scanners.

Pros

The thing that drove us to SkuLabs was that we could manipulate the picking process to suit our packing needs. However, using it I found out that there are tons of features hidden behind the scenes that we might not ever use. One of the areas that SkuLabs has really stood out has been in their customer service. If I have a question on how something works, there will be someone answering the question within an hour, and if something is broken, it will be fixed within the day.

Cons

With all of these features, some of the menus can get pretty convoluted. One of our concerns for the people using this feature is that they can still ship an item even if all of the items on the list haven't been scanned in to ship. One of the areas that we have really had to customize heavily is the ability to short an order from the fulfillment software and to capture payment. From all of our research into fulfillment software plans, these features were almost along with scanner verification of an order were not present. If you implemented these features, you would be by far and large the most well rounded fulfillment software on the market.

CM

Carla M.

Keeps our business running

Pros

We use SKULabs to manage our retail and wholesale channels. SKULabs keeps track of my inventory counts and makes sure my pickers are shipping the right products to the right people. The couple of times I've needed help, a SKULabs team member was available right away to fix my issue.

Cons

My warehouse workers sometimes struggle with adding products to SKULabs when needed. After spending some time training them on it, though, I think they have it figured out.

JC

Joshua C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

I just completed onboarding with SKULabs, but, so far they've far surpassed my expectations!

Pros

Let me say first that I've used ShippingEasy (they used to have an inventory tool too) and SkuVault. SkuLabs has so far been far superior to both. The support was EXCELLENT, over the top good. Their chat support is always on top of it and their support people know everything about their tool. The tool is really intuitive and solved a couple problems I didn't even know I had. It's really intuitive.

Cons

I know they are still working on accounting for lead times for the purchase order system, at the moment it's a bit cumbersome to set up. They are helping me with it however.

LS

Ludvig S.

Clear winner in our selection process and I have never experienced a better customer service!

If you are thinking about implementing an order management system for your store you should definitely consider using SKULabs! I have a Shopify store and I carefully reviewed all other order management systems with integration to Shopify before choosing SKULabs and I cannot have made a better choice. SKULabs has advanced functionality for order management, order picking, automatic purchase order...

NP

Nick P.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

SKULabs A++

Fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] from Sku Labs and his team have been incredible to work with and have helped my team through any and all questions and technical difficulties that we have faced between synchronizing SKULabs and Shopify

Pros

Organizational and operational systems are fantastic!

Cons

The only recommendation I would have thus far is to allow the synchronization of wholesale product costs between Shopify and SKULabs

HS

Heather S.

Very happy to have found SKULabs

I have a few online shops between my own website/domain, Etsy and Shopify as I am working hard to get my items out to as many people as possible. I am also working on expanding to a small local shop to sell some of my items and needed a single place to maintain my inventory instead of all the notepads and Excel spreadsheets I've tried over the years. I jumped in without scheduling a demo first and...

DA

David A.

Warehousing, 1-10 employees

The Software We Needed

The move to SKULabs has been a great choice. From the inventory control and product kitting, to the easy to use shipping interface we are very happy with the software. A number of times I have had trouble figuring out how to use some of these great features, and each time someone from the team has gotten back to me promptly. These responses aren't just a link to a help article, they are detailed messages including photo instructions about what your next steps are. If you have a question they have an answer. I can't wait to see what new features are around the corner.

Pros

Customer Support Easy to use interface Wide variety of tools Fast and simple shipping Great mobile app

Cons

All packages being sent as individual shipments, creating many tracking numbers for single customers.

TB

Tyler B.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

for the money its a great WMS

the ability to track our inventory is my favorite part everything is where it should be when you need it

Pros

it has great ease of use and functionality the option to select cheapest shipping fees without having to switch to multiple screens or programs and re enter addresses is a great time saver

Cons

is some functionality issues mainly with picking orders and customs but they are working daily to resolve issues

Thanks for your review! If you haven't already, be sure to let our team know through our in-app conversation system of any issues your pickers and shippers have run into recently. Our team is here 7 days a week to address anything that comes up.

VS

Victoria S.

Best Shipping/Inventory Management Software Available

Our company tried and failed with at least 5 other (more expensive!!) shipping/inventory solutions before we discovered SKULabs. Integrating with Magento can be tricky, which is why none of the other solutions we tried were successful, but with SKULabs we were legitimately up and running within a week. Their customer support (especially Brandon) is phenomenal and would immediately respond to any requests/issues...

JT

Jaclyn T.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Amazing Customer Service

WE love using Skulabs! It has made out Business more efficient, and we are more organized than ever.

Pros

Cons

There's not much I would change, it's got everything we need.

JH

Jacque H.

This software gives me one-stop shopping! It saves me time and energy, and therefore, money!

This program has been a Godsend to our company! Not only can I print the labels straight from my printer, but I can also prepare for upcoming events by getting rates with no more than zip codes, dimensions, and weights. It is great for figuring sales for items with free shipping! I'm not caught blindsided by shipping charges any more and my customers no longer have to wait for a long time while I access all of my accounts since they are now all in one place! It also gives me control over what shipper I use ~ so I'm never locked in to anything I don't want to do. The customer service is fantastic! They have been great to work with. They answer my questions quickly and resolve issues immediately. I couldn't ask for anything more~ I love using this program!

JB

Jonah B.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

It works

Pros

It helped tame our inventory problem, easy to use

Cons

Idk I don’t really use it a whole lot in depth

Thanks for that feedback! It's been a pleasure to work with your team in 2019 and we're looking forward to a successful 2020 together. :)