Klaviyo

Growth marketing platform powering personalized experiences

Klaviyo Reviews

Pros

The other huge plus is their amazing customer service. They are on their toes waiting to help you.

Veronica D.

The analytics are great, too. I also love that they automatically place subscribers in sub categories like potential sales or engaged subscribers.

Rachel S.

Kyle P.

Cons

There's very little I dislike about this software. My only complaint is small - when creating a new sequence, you can't change the "trigger" that initiates the flow.

Rebecca B.

This is just a really disingenuous way to price as you get charged for that user every month even if you dont email a list member.

It was difficult to understand at first. You would have to read a lot of documentation before you can understand basic features.

Toluwanimi O.

Better than mailchimp - no question

Transcript

Daniel: Hi, my name is Daniel. I'm a product marketing manager in the IT and information technology industry,...

We made the right choice

Transcript

Jinnie A.: Hey, I'm Jinnie. I'm a brand manager for an apparel company, and I give Klaviyo a five out...

Better than mailchimp - no question

It's been great. I had one experience with customer support where I felt the person wasn't going to pass on valid feedback (open rates of the first email cut by half due to < 2 hour wait with FB sync). But other interactions with support were great and I also was able to connect with their product manager who promised to look into it. I felt they're a young and flexible team. Also laser focused on email and what email marketers need.

Pros

If you want flexibility in segmenting your drips (or flows as they call it) then you need to use Klaviyo. We were using Mailchimp and kept finding areas that made it time consuming, confusing, or just not built to have a flexible drip campaign where contacts receive emails based on rules. For example you can easily create a series of emails that are only sent to contacts that meet a specific criteria and do it all within one drip through a "workflow" like drag and drop builder. You can also sync up to your facebook leads and save money on Zapier which is what you need to use if with Mailchimp.

Cons

While Zapier immediately pulls in leads from Facebook, Klaviyo only syncs every 2 hours. A lead getting a welcome email right away is SUPER important, but this means they don't hear from us for some time and it's negatively impacted our first email open rates -- almost cut it in half.

Good ESP That Does What You Need

Besides cost, the biggest team our team wanted to get out of the ESP was email automation which you get built in with Klaviyo. We had some assistance with our agency to get on-boarded and build some additional flows but overall, there wasn't to much of a learning curve with building the emails. Their tables do not render nicely in Outlook though, which didn't have that issue before which is a bummer.

Pros

With our previous ESP, we had to pay extra for the automation that you would expect with your email service provider. With looking at bottom line, that is what lead us to research other ESPs, which lead us to Klaviyo. While there is a learning curve with any new program, this one wasn't to bad to get adjusted. I will say I do miss the dedicated account rep we had with previous ESP and the on-boarding specialist okay...our marketing agency helped with the on-boarding as it was heading into Q4 and they helped steer ship in right direction after first two emails had less then stellar open rates.

Cons

The features are there that you need from an ESP perspective. They even recently announced the introduction of SMS marketing within their platform which helps ROI tracking to be even better instead of having to rely on a 3rd party vendor and who takes credit between a SMS message or email message. While our email send total is actually higher than in Listrak, we do not have a dedicated account manager to meet with and discuss the account, what they see, suggestions on where to optimize, etc. It is much cheaper than Listrak and another ESP we looked at so you get what you pay for.

Great product... with problems.

Being a developer myself, I informed the Klaviyo team of the deprecated code errors their plugin was displaying on peoples websites, and to the fact that their plugin slowed customers websites down drastically. The reply I received a couple of days later was: "Unfortunately we do not update our plugin very often - but our team will get around to it eventually." This was 2 years ago, and the plugin still has not been corrected. So it still produces errors, and still slows peoples websites down.

Pros

Klaviyo is extremely easy to setup, especially compared to its competitors. You have the freedom to link Klaviyo with your Wordpress/WooCommerce website seamlessly. Everything can be automated! Such as emails after order received, emails after payment received, multiple emails after certain time duration's for things like newsletter subscriptions and a lot more options are available to include users website Wishlists, items they left in their shopping carts to remind them, and all emails are fully customisation using the Klaviyo's inbuilt email form designer. You can also arrange customer lists, newsletter subscription user lists, and any other lists you may require. The possibilities are endless!

Cons

Using Klaviyo on your Wordpress website as subscription signup form slows your website down, a lot! Although unnoticeable to customers surfing your site, Klaviyo also throws a few error on your page as it uses deprecated (out-dated) code. If the Klaviyo form builder doesn't produce the look/type of form you require, then you must build the form yourself by coding direct on your website (Which beats...

Great Service!

Our team has used Klaviyo for over a year now and it's great! It has allowed us to increase our email conversion rate and overall revenue!

Pros

It is very easy to create unique customer lists and segments with Klaviyo, this makes appropriately targeting customers a breeze!

Cons

The analytics dashboards can be a little hard to read at times. Klaviyo offers lots of different insights to view and sorting them takes a bit of learning.

My favorite marketing tool

Klaviyo has helped us build our email marketing and is one of my favorite marketing tools/platforms that I use on a daily basis.

Pros

I love pretty much everything about Klaviyo - from the visual/block email builder to the segmentation and automated flows, Klaviyo has helped us level up our email marketing in the past year from zero to thriving. I find it easy to work with on a team and with outside content creators and have gotten so much out of the Klaviyo Live From Your Laptop and Black Friday Bootcamp live webinar series they've run this year.

Cons

My only complaint thus far would be that saved blocks do not update across emails when you make changes (so if you change something in the block you have to go into every email where it is and manually update it to the newest version of the block) - but I have been told this is something that's being worked on. I will also say that we have gotten much more metrics and ROI out of the platform once...

Best ecommerce autoresponder out there

My go to solution for ecommerce clients. It has automation ,good templates and everything else

Pros

Robust features that just work. It's a bit getting used to but you can do most of what you want with them Really good templates for those starting out and experienced as well

Cons

Their onboarding process could be easier They have tutorials but they're fuzzy and should be made available with webinars being an option.

Excellent choice

Excellent. Their team is also super supportive and quick to respond with guidance. Would recommend Klaviyo.

Pros

Before choosing Klaviyo for our e-commerce business, we had done an extensive search of email marketing providers. Klaviyo seemed to have a differentiated set of features that allows more extensive analytics and data on email performance vs other providers. We've found this performance data to be extremely useful in determining what emails are/aren't working and in performing A/B testing. I would highly recommend Klaviyo for e-commerce companies

Cons

Klaviyo still doesn't have all the features that we'd love to see but they are continuously evolving and launching new tools. For example, their pop-up creation tool is very basic so one typically needs a 3rd party tool to manage pop-ups/forms.

Great for your email marketing needs

Overall, Klaviyo has been fantastic in creating email campaigns and automated campaigns. Their analytics help me make better business decisions.

Pros

Klaviyo does a great job at email marketing. They have great templates for automated emails that help you grow sales. I love how they also have one of the best analytics out of all the other email marketing platforms I've used.

Cons

I wish the designing of the emails was nicer. Their templates are outdated for emails sent five years ago.

This is THE best ESP for e-commerce and beyond

I can't say enough good things about Klaviyo

Pros

If you're looking for a powerful, intuitive, and revenue-driving email service provider, go with Klaviyo. It has tons of features, but is easy to learn, even for a beginner. And, their support team is awesome. From creating flows to segmenting your list, Klaviyo can do it all.

Cons

No complaints! Some features are a bit confusing, but that's to be expected with that level of power.

Funcionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con este software es muy buena y muy gratificante ya que nos permite hacer email marketing de una forma rápida y asequible.

Pros

Lo que mas nos gusta del software es que tiene muchas funcionalidades y es muy fácil de usar y además otra cosa que nos gusta mucho que es que te ofrece una gran cantidad de plantilla de email para personalizar y te personaliza algunas automáticamente con la información de tu empresa y logo y colores.

Cons

Lo que menos nos ha gustado del software por decir algo es que el software únicamente esta en ingles sin contener alguna opción mas de idioma.

Best CRM for ecommerce, Worst for Customer Support

With no phone support and 30 - 40 minute wait times for chat support and 24 hour response times for email support and no support on weekends, this makes Klaviyo's customer support the absolute worst I have ever seen. Maybe it's due to their growing pains. Their support staff are a mixed bag in terms of knowledge and being helpful and while that's not the norm for most SASS companies, I think that's pretty common across most CRM companies.

Pros

Fairly easy to learn for such powerful software Integration with Facebook Their native integrations and Not having to use Zapier for a lot of my integrations.

Cons

There is almost nothing to not like about this software but to learn it, you need to learn Klaviyo speak. If I had to pick one thing it would be some of the finicky ways in which the email builder acts when dragging in a new widget or row and trying to position it.

Great email marketing software for ecommerce!

Pros

I've been using Klaviyo for about 9 months now, and I absolutely love it. It helped me increase the proportion of monthly store revenue by email from 10% to 50% in under 6 months. It's easy to use, easy to integrate with Shopify, and provides awesome functionalities that any ecommerce store could need. Their automated flows (abandoned carts, thank you emails, welcome series) all work seamlessly. They...

Cons

I love Klaviyo, but what I wish they had is more features. Although, this makes sense because they offer everything at a lower price point than say, Hubspot. Many things are in the works though - I'm constantly in conversation with the support team, and they tell me that sophisticated features are in the works! Despite not having the most features in the email marketing world, this has never been a problem and has never deterred us from getting a lot of revenue from email marketing.

A good, full-featured enterprise ESP solution

Overall, the experience has been great. I think they hype some of the buyer indicators and data collection, which is fine but nothing special, but it's a great email platform.

Pros

The IP warming and migration process was very smooth with no hiccups. The Klaviyo team are experts and it shows. We felt confident in their ability to successfully transition ESP platforms. The product itself is quite good and does everything you would expect it to.

Cons

Like all ESPs, it has it's own unique idiosyncrasies. No deal breakers, but some of the functions can be a bit clunky.

Best email app ever!

I have only been using Klaviyo for 3 months and I only wish I had discovered it before. If you sell online through an e-commerce platform give it a try! You will not regret it!

Pros

I have nothing but good things to say about Klaviyo. It is filled with great features like no other email app I have seen before; it has a very friendly interface that makes email creation a breeze; excellent analytics and a very fair price. The other huge plus is their amazing customer service! They are on their toes waiting to help you! Superfast, super-efficient!

Cons

I still have not learned to use this app in all its depth, but their triggers and segmentations are amazing. There is nothing not to like in this app.

Excellent Email Software

Such an impressive email service and compared to a much more expensive previous system was streets ahead. Granted there are better systems but for us the flows are perfect and for the next level of email campaign marketing you would need to spend a lot more

Pros

The ease of set up and the ability to see results against the campaigns. it was up and running within 24hr and their onboarding was outstanding.

Cons

To be honest very little however some of the email creative can be a little constrained. For the price it really is very good for those on a budget and with smaller CRMs. It may become more expensive if you have a lot of addresses as you pay per email user.

Never going back to anything else but Klaviyo

Pros

The integration with Shopify Stores and the ease of building flows makes this a game changer. Additionally the bulk discount code builder gives Shopify functionality outside of Shopify that makes "one less app" for my store. Finally the native Form Builder in Klaviyo is very easy to use.

Cons

I wish one Klaviyo Account could connect to multiple Shopify Stores, this causes some problems for our operations. Additionally I wish building segments was faster, some advanced segments take very long to build.

Klaviyo

Email marketing. It is the best platform for email marketing.

Pros

This is probably the best platform for email marketing I have ever tried. Well, I use it for my online store in order to send twice a week week newsletters to my customers' inboxes. Besides the multiple options that Klaviyo has, which makes it easy to give life to any pattern / combination of emails possibly out there, pricing is really fair, and they count with a free plan as well. Designing is also...

Cons

They could make pricing a little more advantageous for their clients.

So Easy To Use!

My experience with Klaviyo has been great overall. We've seen positive changes to our account since implementation and appreciate how easy it is to use.

Pros

It's extremely user-friendly, allowing you to regularly test, create your own CTAs, uploaded photos, drag and drop graphic elements, etc. Perfect for a team with zero coding experience. Side Note: Their customer support is top-notch.

Cons

Aside from being very user-friendly on most fronts, building out email flows is a different story. This tends to be a time consuming process that is not as straightforward as it could be.

The best email solution for ecommerce

Klaviyo is hands down the BEST solution for any serious ecommerce shop. If you are using shopify, there is no question, that Klavio is the way to go. Want to only send an email to people who bought widget a, but not widget B and haven't made a purchase in 3 months? No problem, with Klaviyo, you can easily do that. What about people who have made a purchase in the last 7 days, and have also spent...

Pros

Can do pretty much everything, when it comes to email marketing.

Cons

It takes a little longer to get used to. With advanced features come a steeper learning curve.

The Gold Standard for Shopify

The transition was fantastically simple, the IP warming was easy and everything about Klaviyo has made us happy so far.

Pros

I greatly enjoy using Klaviyo. We've utilized MailChimp, Zaius and more in our quest for a long term ESP that we are happy with and Klaviyo has been it. It's not the cheapest out there but it certainly isn't the most expensive and it feels like you really get a good value for the advanced features. The Shopify integration is easy and seamless and the Live Chat customer service has been responsive and helpful everytime. Very pleased with them.

Cons

Honestly, perhaps the only thing I don't like is that layout isn't as sleek as some of the other options but it's a very minor point.

Best E-come Email Software

Pros

Love Klaviyo. I've tried a few different email softwares in the past, including Mailchimp and GetResponse. Both of those softwares were a let down and didn't allow for the customization and integratino that I was looking for. Klaviyo has an AMAZING integration with Shopify. Makes my life so much easier. It also integrates with FB ads, which is a huge plus. Creating flows in Klaviyo is very simple, I have been able to create sophisticated flows with minimal stress and effort.

Cons

The only con I was going to mention was lack of a visual email flow tool, but they added that in the past 6 months, so I'm kind of stumped. It's a great tool. The only bad thing about it may be that it's more expensive, but I find it to be worth the cost.

Super effective! Great service

I work in an e-commerce company and we deal with 100+ shopify stores on a daily basis. I manage a team of 5 who work on designing emails for these stores and klaviyo is the only platform we use to send our emails. A Very happy and satisfied customer. Super easy to integrate with other apps too!

Pros

It's very user friendly and can be well understood by new users. Very helpful support team! Quick learning videos that really help with self learning.

Cons

I wish they had more options to create a more targeted segment to send emails. Although there is a lot one can play around with but some more can help target customers as per their behavior.

Valuable and powerful email automation and marketing

Pros

Fairly easy to use, lots of features and the ability to sync custom audiences to Facebook. The platform is always improving with extra features such as CLV data and creating back in stock emails recently as an example.

Cons

Creating automated campaigns (known as flows) is a bit clunky, especially when editing a campaign there's chances to delete things and mess the entire campaign up and you really need to plan ahead what you are doing because of this. You can duplicate the campaign though before making such edits.

BEST EMAIL MARKETING SOFTWARE EVER!!

The best email marketing software - ever. It's hands down my favorite- and I've used the whole gammett of email marketing softwares. The ability to customize flows with purchase history, SKU's, behaviors is simple and straightforward. Extremely user friendly software.

Pros

First of all, the customer support is hands down the best customer support ever. They will get down to the nitty gritty and resolve your problems for you, while being patient, helpful and kind. There's also so many softwares this can get integrated into that I love the flexibility of it.

Cons

Honestly, I have absolutely no complaints about this software. The technology is the best for the price point, customer service rocks, and its so user friendly - i have confidence that anyone could learn email marketing automation simply with this platform!

Klaviyo is user friendly for first timers to email marketing & their customer service is outstanding

Well I am building my subscriber list which they say is super important for the growth of my company. I know that I will see the benefits and fruits of that they longer I do it. I am so new at it now. But I feel like I am pro by using this software which gives me confidence that I can do this!

Pros

There are so many things to like about Klaviyo! When first starting out I had no clue what I was doing. I really appreciated that they had all the basic emails already outlined for me. It made it so much easier for me. All I had to do was go in and change words and insert images if I wanted. I like the options that I can either use a template with HTML or just a simple text email and they have so many...

Cons

The only thing I can think of is the fine print at the bottom of emails with all the manage preferences, mailing address, unsubscribe copyright info etc I had to kind of put together myself. Which is not a big deal at all but it would be nice to have that as an included template. Also not sure how to manually send a campaign to someone new to my newsletter. Have to manually do that. It only sends the campaign to those currently on my newsletter but not future subscribers within a certain time frame.