All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,295 reviews

Best comprehensive SEO tools for your digital marketing needs

We have learned a lot about our client's website traffic and how to better understand customer engagement using proper keywords to target for each respective industry. With the help of some of the SEMRush keyword tools, we were able to find and write about various related keywords to place within our client websites which in turn generated more traffic conversions. Google Ads analysis and keyword...

Pros

- In depth backlink analysis reports and tracking on domains - Top notch keyword selection tools (keyword magic tool) for keyword analysis, volume and suggested or related words - Daily & weekly domain and search position monitoring - Provides enhanced traffic metrics which provides insight on spikes of traffic during specific timeframes

Cons

Starting off, the tools and analytics can be very cumbersome to understand. The tools take some getting used to and testing with to grasp a good understand of how to analyze website traffic, data and keywords.

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

I've used this in a few different positions working on a wide range of SEO campaigns.

It really is a great one-stop-shop for all your SEO and PPC tools which is fantastic. So if you're looking for an easy package to cover most all of your digital marketing needs then this is really about the best that you can do.

Pros

This is about the best all-around SEO software that you can find. It does a good job at about everything and doesn't have a lot of weaknesses. The competitive analysis is really the best reason to buy the software, it's comprehensive and gives you a good look at potential competitors. There are always new features being added and tested which is fantastic and gives the software good value. Some features...

Cons

If you're looking for rank tracking then I'd suggest looking elsewhere, it's a little wonky and not as easy to use as other rank tracking solutions. However, if you don't want to buy multiple pieces of software then the rank tracker will get the job done. The software is kind of a 'jack of all trades, master of none'; so you'll be able to get by with just this as your main piece of software, but if you want something a little more specialized then you should probably look elsewhere. You might end up not using a lot of the tools because there is so much to explore, but most of the tools that are there are pretty valuable. Other than that, some of the reports need some extra interpretation if you are going to present them to a client which isn't optimal but is understandable.

My favourite SEO Research Tool

SEMrush has all the features built-in, that are required for a proper professional level SEO research. Although the general opinion is that Ahrefs is better than SEMrush, but personally, I have found SEMrush to be the best suited for my keyword and SEO optimized content research. The layout and interface is neat and when I tried the app, for the first time, it hardly took me five minutes to understand the navigation and features, and I could immediately get down to my research work. SEMrush enables me to tremendous amount of research work, within a very short span, with impressive accuracy and very reliable result data. If anyone can afford SEMrush subscription, then there's no need to look any further for other tools.

Pros

My favorite feature of SEMrush is the ability to export SEO Research Reports in PDF format, neatly arranged in a professionally presentable format, that can also be archived and stored for reading and detailed research later on, because SEMrush can generate thousands of very accurate results. The Domain level organic SEO Research reveals very crucial information of any competitor's or personal domain...

Cons

The prices are ridiculously high and even if you pay high fees for the Pro plan, you still cannot access to certain important features. So it's not an affordable solution for individuals. Apart from the high price, there is hardly any fault with this tool.

Hi Tarunabh, thank you for you review and your feedback on our pricing model! It is very appreciated!

SEMRush is an industry leading tool

I used to like AHREFs more, but I've come to trust SEMRUSH. I've used it for several years in conjunction with other tools. Although it's probably not the most advanced in terms of AI for things like content analysis, it's on par with most other offerings (most AI tools are still pretty shotty anyway).

Pros

What I like most about SEMRush is the ability to perform several key aspects of SEO in one place, KWR, technical auditing, and offsite auditing while knowing that the tool is comparable in quality to AHREFS, MOZ and other industry leading tools.

Cons

I'd like to be able to copy all tables from the site directly into a spreadsheet. It works for some tables but not for all. This would save tons of time compared to downloading and converting CSV files. The limitations on users are annoying and costly too, but not different from what I've seen from other SAAS tools. The crawl tool also doesn't allow a quick export of say, pages and page headings which makes using a second tool like Screaming Frog necessary.

Wow talk about an SEO applocation

I find something new everyday with this tool. However I will admit I still find navigating this tool tricky and the amount of features overwhelming.

Pros

I do like the organic position dashboard, the backlink audit and backlink requests tool, the content readbility scores and the keyword magic tool is kinda cool.

Cons

Not sure about the accuracy of the Paid advertising tool, seo audit tool and the reports are really not too robust.

Hi, thank you for your review! Great to hear you discover new opportunities with the tool. I have also passed your feedback on the reports and UX/UI to the corresponding teams.

A SEO tool for those who want to get things done

I got a taste of everything SEMrush can do after attending one of their great seminars (they're really good at content marketing and that includes events), that made me purchase the tool and I'm in a hurry to make my money's worth of SEO audits.

Pros

Everything around SEO and content marketing gets absolutely DONE. SEMrush really goes out of its way to help the user (and more importantly, every business owner) get the results they want with every single tool they can think of. From SEO auditing (in seconds) to Social Media Marketing, SEMrush is the tool to handle all your inbound efforts.

Cons

As a freelancer SEO consultant, SEMrush can get a bit pricey for the work I do. For businesses is great, but us the freelancers take the punch with the pricing, given the frequency of our income.

is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives

This enables them to exploit those as limited time open doors just as to widen their gathering of people reaches. Furthermore, the arrangement educates organizations what individuals are buzzing concerning on the web for them to discover a subject they can turn and identify with their merchandise and ventures.

Pros

SEMrush is a tool suite for advanced advertising the executives. It gives proficient full perceivability into traffic originating from various correspondence channels and to pick up knowledge into the effectivity of their advertising approaches. As SEMrush gives significant commitment data, computerized advertisers are better furnished to position the brands they work with higher in the web crawler...

Cons

Needs watchword list the executives. A large number of its most inventive instruments includes still convey a beta tag. Competitive Advantage. SEMrush offers information into the SEO strategies of contending brands. The arrangement demonstrates organizations what catchphrases support contenders' web crawler positioning, for them to make a technique that can counter that. Vital Advertising With...

Enterprise Strength SEO Management and Analytics

- for day-to-day management of my SEO responsibilities, this is the workhorse in the industry - build by a team that understands SEO and how the business operates - reporting is industrial strength and highly customizable

Pros

- provide excellent analytics tools for the three major areas of SEO: technical, content, and backlinks (reputational) - excellent keyword data for research and evaluation (proprietary database - not clickstream) - other digital marketing tools for social media and ads management in platform - other functionality and tools available with higher subscription costs: Google Data Studio integration; multi-device data views (and segmentation)

Cons

- price point is at the higher end of the market - learning curve is higher because of the number of views/screens/functionality; advanced SEO practitioners will understand the functionality faster

Thanks so much for leaving your great review, Kevin! If you ever have a question about the tool, feel free to reach out to us via mail@semrush.com to set up a call with our internal support team. They can walk you through a specific tool or show you best ways to use it!

The closest thing to a perfect all-in-one solution

Research is huge and I'm able to provide a ton of helpful data for my clients and we're able to come up with marketing solutions together.

Pros

Being able to do keyword research is the priority. Finding topic ideas is a great feature. Keeping track of projects is simple. Backlink research and finding gaps. PPC research features.

Cons

The one thing that it doesn't really do is replace Google Analytics. Also, I really liked the SEO writing assistant when I used it early on. However, it is quite a bit of a price jump to be able to use it and it would be a better decision to use a different software for it instead.

Hi Peter, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools and can't imagine your daily work without them!

Bang for Your Buck

As a small niche company serving clients throughout the USA and Canada, SEMrush has made us more efficient. We deliver as good or better quality data that larger companies, and still keep it personal.

Pros

SEMrush offers a lot more features compared to similar products/services. Keyword research and site audit is just the tip of the iceberg. The customized reporting is great for distributing to clients or potential clients. The writing assistant tool that connects to Google Docs helps us stay efficient. We also use the social media posting tool, which is a once bonus feature. Also, I started using the marketplace feature, which is an additional cost. SEMrush has the majority of features that marketing folks need.

Cons

There is not enough units in the Plagiarism checks (10) and Social profiles (50) for posting compared to the number of projects (200) in the subscription.

Hi Ray, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools! Will pass your feedback on units to the team for consideration.

Full Marketing Suite

Overall a very powerful tool. Great customer service.

Pros

SEMrush has everything in one place. It has some great stand alone features like gap analysis, content template and writing assistant and the domain analytics we use daily for research. Then within a project you get a great site audit that touches on a lot of technical items, position tracking with several set up options for tracking via city, zip, etc. You can track mobile, tablet, desktop, organic and local. The backlink audit is helpful in keeping an eye on your sites backlink profile and the link building tool is helpful in tracking your continued link building efforts.

Cons

Set up can be a bit over whelming as is the amount of features. However, over time you will pick all of it up and continue to learn more. We have been using the tool for over 2 years now and I am still surprised by features I come across or different ways of using them.

An Absolute Must for Any Marketing Team

Overall, SEMrush is our go-to solution for SEO, content development, keyword research and more. Whenever something new comes along, we stick with SEMrush. It's simply the best there is.

Pros

SEMrush is amazing. It uncovers opportunities and helps you improve your rankings by offering A+ data.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated for newbies. Especially for those who have never used any type of SEO software or data analytics application.

A must have audit tool for your business

It has been great mainly due to the added value it provides to my new business pitches and research.

Pros

features like SEO audit, competitive landscapes, and social audit are the pros of this product. IT is much easier to use than any other product out there.

Cons

Lack of customer service. I need to rely on blogs and communities to train myself.

I use SEMRush to monitor the SEO health of all my clients.

From this one application, I can monitor the overall SEO health of multiple clients in multiple locations. I can run insightful, professional-looking reports to give to clients. And I can quickly research both their past history and their next steps. When it comes to SEO, SEMRush is the only tool I need.

Pros

My favorite thing about SEMRush is the keyword search tools. Even though keywords are everything when it comes to SEO anymore, they're still very important both for ranking and as an insight into a company's market share. I was an early user of products like Market Samurai and the Google keyword tool back when they both actually told you something useful. This isn't exactly like the early days...

Cons

I really don't dislike anything about SEMRush. If I had to find a least-liked feature, it would be the steep learning curve. Unless you have a firm understanding of SEO concepts and strategies, it's easy to get lost in there. That said, the reason why there's a big learning curve is because there are so many features packed into one application. Keyword searches are only the beginning. You can monitor your Social Media rankings, your backlinks, your online reputation, and so much more with SEMRush. There's a lot to learn, because there's a lot to use.

Extremely useful, but sometimes unwieldy and expensive

Pros

SEMrush is one of the most comprehensive SEO tools I've ever used. It's a great way to track our keyword performance across many crucial terms for which we need to rank for our business success, and it also helps us track benchmark performance metrics like Authority Score and Page Rankings with incredible detail that helps us know what's working and what isn't.

Cons

I don't like that there isn't an option to purchase a single subscription for a certain amount of users; instead, one has to add users individually to an account for an additional monthly subscription rate. This puts SEMrush far and away in a much more expensive category than almost any other leading SEO tool

Hi Tim, thank you so much for the review you left us! Great to hear you enjoy so many features. We will also consider your feedback on multiple users option!

SEMrush is my preferred, go-to tool for market research

I've used SEMrush on a daily basis for over 5 years. It has delivered powerful insights that help us understand the competitive landscape so that we can delivery clarity and confidence to our clients about the best ways to compete. It exposes gaps in competitor strategies that our clients can benefit from so that they can outperform the competition without outspending them.

Pros

SEMrush is easy to use and provides powerful insights into competitor websites that we need to research for our clients.

Cons

I wish the data was real-time or at least updated more regularly. I would also like more options for local research. The keyword research isn't as useful as I would like, so I use other software to help with most keyword research.

Hi Franklin, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools. We'd like to get more feedback from you on what you'd want to add to our Keyword Research tools - if you have a minute, please email/DM us in social media with your thoughts!

A must-have for competitive analysis

The experience has been great. I couldn't do my job without this tool. Customer service is sometimes slow to respond, but I haven't had to use them very much. SEMRush also had great tutorials and webinars to help anyone regardless of what level they are in in the SEO industry.

Pros

I've used SEMRush in my current and previous role and it's a must-have for competitive analysis and rank tracking. I use this tool daily to monitor my top rankings and keywords. I use it to see where competitors have lost or gain keywords and use this information in my SEO strategy.

Cons

While it's great to have a social media toolkit, it's weak compared to full-featured social media software.

Hi, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you believe SEMrush is a must-have! We're honoured to hear this. Thank you for the feedback on our SM toolkit - we're currently working on developing it further!

Best SEO Tool Around

Awesome! Been using it for over 4 years and I definitely plan on sticking with it.

Pros

It’s always updating! SEMrush stays up-to-date with the industry and develops new tools constantly to help improve user’s work.

Cons

Not much! There are a few glitches here and there but for the most part, they fix them

The best and powerful SEO tool I ever used

I would rate my overall experience with the software as very high. I started using it only lately and with great expectations because of its rising reputation. The software has proved its reputation and fulfilled its promises. I rate it as the best among all the other similar SaaS that I have used in the past.

Pros

SEMrush has grown as a big time favourite in the domain of SaaS in the past decade or so. It has captured all types of clients, big and small due to its versatility and powerful package. Some of the well known clients include Quora, eBay, BNP Paribas etc. It has been awarded the best SEO suite of 2018 by various agencies like MENA, SEMY US Search Awards. Pros - The package has a complete SEO solution...

Cons

Cons - There is nothing really to be a con in case of SEMrush. However, if I have to state the least liked features, my list is as under :- (a) Although it is easy to use, but that is if you are an expert. It is not that easy to understand all its features, as there are many of them. But that in a way is good, if you are ready to learn. (b) The price being on a higher side is a bit of a drawback. But again, if you want so many features in a single package, the price will be high.

We Use SEMrush Daily For Social, Search, & Advertising

We use it daily to manage multiple clients in search, social, and advertising.

Pros

I am a huge fan of using the keyword tools to brainstorm ideas and concepts. I appreciate the ad text history too although sometimes it is hard to know if an ad remained running because it was successful or the advertiser was lazy. We also have a separate reporting system, but find ourselves using some of SEMrush's reporting for things that our other product doesn't provide.

Cons

Not a fan of using their branding on the reporting in the way that they do with logos on a paid account. That's a nasty way to force an upgrade. I wouldn't mind branding in the footer or even a subhead, but they do this in a big way. To be fair, they're not alone, but it's a turnoff every time I see it.

Hi George, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Extremely Comprehensive Suite Of SEO Tools For The Digital Marketer

We use the Keyword analysis and competitor analysis to help set future marketing strategies. The results of this analysis have helped us grow our online presence significantly. Knowing which keywords in our market to target, and importantly what our competitors are targeting and ranking for is invaluable information for our business. Using the monitoring tools available we ensure our site is always optimized by fixing any issues flagged by SEMrush immediately. For example broken internal and external links can easily be fixed when raised as an issue.

Pros

SEMrush is a very comprehensive suite of tools that covers all the SEO needs of any digital marketer. From Keyword research, Competitor Analysis, Domain Analytics, Rank and Project Tracking the tools from SEMrush provide all the SEO data marketers need to help devise future marketing strategies as well as monitoring exisiting projects. The quality of the data is accurate meaning analysis results can be relied upon.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve when first using the tools simply because there is so much data that can be accessed and tracked. New and exisiting users will need to invest a fair amount of time to learn and set up the reports to meet their individual needs. The online SEMrush academy helps to solve this learning curve.

A must have for digital marketers

It is a great product that really helps you become proficient at SEO. If there is one thing your small business needs to have it is SEMrush. There are trainings and learning modules are helpful alongside though provoking webinars to make sure you stay up to date with trends. Learning the ui takes time as is not the most intuitive; however, most things you need are there.

Pros

The dashboard. All from one location I can see my projects performance across a multitude of aspects from social media, back links, position rankings and technical SEO just to name a few.

Cons

Righ now I have an issue with my Facebook always disconnecting with their publishing tool within an hour. contacting support guides you to an email where I would much rather have instant chat or phone support.

Quick Insights and Ideas

Saves us hours and hours of time every week.

Pros

We have hundreds of thousands of pages so to be able to quickly see any improvements or issues that need fixing it critical.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to switch between certain reports.

Thanks for leaving this great review, Dave! We appreciate it & are glad you're enjoying the suite :)

Any Marketing Agency Is Missing Out If They Are Not Using SEMrush

Pros

This is a great platform for both organic and paid media. Very granular data for our clients, ourselves and competitor analysis. It's great to be able to set up each client as a project within SEMrush to be able to track overall their ads, organic and traffic. We us the competitor analytics when doing business development as well as when running audits for leads and current clients.

Cons

There is a learning curve when first starting to use SEMrush. There are a lot of great features but not as straightforward for anyone new to sing a software like this.

Hi Candance, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.