All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,295 reviews

Helpful valuable marketing data insights

Value for money it's currently the best software

Pros

The maketing insights, PPC Keywords, budgets, search volume - all the features related to competitors

Cons

Not all functions are up to date (not real - time) , marketing insights and display creatives only on google and not on other channel

Hi Maya, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

Great tool!

Great tool, easy to use and would recommend to anyone looking to get data on a website's performance

Pros

I use SEMrush everyday and it really helps my company determine who to target and who to avoid. Since our software performs best for companies who produce quality web traffic, it is vital for us to know how well a website performs before we decide to reach out.

Cons

I don't know how accurate their numbers are, it seems that the numbers are very conservative so it is sometimes hard to get an exact picture of a website's performance. This likely isn't an exact science though and seems to be the case with other similar tools as well. SEMrush does seem more accurate than others I've used before.

Hi Thomas, thank you so much for your review, it is great to hear that you solve your daily tasks with our tools!

An essential tool for any content marketer

Pros

There's a lot of value packed into SEMrush. We use it to run technical SEO audits, do keyword research, monitor our social media engagement, track our keyword visibility, and so on. One useful feature that they don't advertise as much as they should is the SEO writing assistant for Google docs.

Cons

The additional charge for extra user seats is steep. Also, the limits on the number of times you can run the SEO writing assistant isn't clear.

Fantastic value for money

Introducing SEM rush was the start of our SEO revolution and helped with significant ranking improvements.

Pros

Easy to understand actionable insights, also able to hide insights that are unable to be changed. Thus keeping the focus on achievable actions.

Cons

Other platforms do sometimes go into more granular detail but for me I prefer the insights from SEM rush as they are far more actionable.

Easy to Use for All Digital Initiatives

Great tool, the pitch mode is great for proposals and live demos with clients. I love how this system integrates with data studio now too.

Pros

SEMRush is a great easy to use tool that is very user friendly. It’s multi purpose and has some fantastic functionalities that we use across SEO, content, PPC, Socials. SEMRush has helped us win multiple new clients.

Cons

I don’t like how you have to pay for additional users, your subscription should allow for multi logins.

The Swiss knife in Digital Marketing

I am very happy with the software and don't see myself moving away from them. There is always a portion of it that I end up using a lot of in a month or that helps me make smart decisions where I feel the software pays for itself.

Pros

It provides a bit of everything in its product suite. From tracking keywords, to checking backlinks and conducting site audits - for SEO. In Social Media & Content strategy, there are a slew of nifty tools from scheduling social media posts to checking brand mentions and suggesting content ideas. In PPC, you can check what your competitors are upto, do excellent keyword research and see Google Display campaigns. If you want detailed analysis on competitors there is an 'add-on' available for it. I particularly enjoy using their writing analysis add on that is available for both WordPress and Google Sheets.

Cons

Their administration could do with an overhaul. If i want to upgrade the account with some extra features, i can, but downgrade i need to reach out to support. I also feel their additional users fee at $140 is too much.

Great for insight on organic se positions and comparing with competitors

Very easy to use and set up, the best option for getting the big picture of where you stand in organic search results and how to keep optimizing. Great for planning your paid Google ads.

Pros

Insight on what keywords account for your search engine traffic, for different local markets, spying into competitor paid ads, getting traffic for keywords so you know what keywords to optimize your content for, keyword gap

Cons

Pricing what I like least. This software is a must for anyone who wants to optimize their site and ads but many times it's difficult to convince the customer to keep paying for it. So optimisations keep going, but blindly.

Hi Svetla, thank you for leaving a review for Semrush! We have a nice feature - My reports, they help tracking progress of your SEO efforts. Probably it could provide a full picture of how your work is paying off to your clients. You can also compile a list of all keywords your client is organically ranking for and show them how much paid traffic for these would cost. Hope it helps!

Simple and effective SEO with SEMrush

SEMrush helped us to rank our target keywords.

Pros

SEMrush is a very effective tool for SEO. It has a simplistic approach and it allows users to see all the relevant data of any websites. It has a very detailed keyword analysis tool that can show many related keywords, traffic data and competitors. The backlink analysis tool is another great feature of this app. I can see all the websites that are linking to mine, their countries and IP addresses, their anchor texts and if the links are follow or nofollow. They also have this very helpful SEO content template that can help you write SEO-friendly articles. It is based on the top 10 ranking pages of your keyword. I love using that feature because it makes my job easier and I can write a lot of engaging articles that our audience will surely love.

Cons

The only minor drawback I can think of is their pricing. But I can guarantee that SEMrush is worth it.

Better than Moz, but still no Ahrefs

Overall, it's a good product that helps with SEO research and reporting.

Pros

The historical rankings are useful and informative

Cons

A lot of features (which is nice) but they don't seem to be intuitively placed or named and the interface is a little overwhelming. I have found new features and then forgot where I found them the next time.

SEMrush is my favorite SEO platform to use daily

My overall experience with SEMrush has been unforgettable. I remember when I first heard about it many years ago and haven't put it down since. The alerts always keep you in the loop when it comes to your site health and their reports have helped me close many clients.

Pros

I love how SEMrush is packed with features, even from the lite or free account you can get things done. It's so worth the money because you can see how your site progresses against the competition and as well as receive insights and tips to help you.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about SEMrush. They are always working on the platform and adding features and anticipating every single need of their users.

Does it all.

When I worked for an agency I had access to every tool under the sun. When I started at my new company as a marketing manager, I had to pick and choose those that would be highest impact for the company. My choice was SEMrush as it's the most well-rounded SEO software I've used.

Pros

Well-rounded software for SEO and content research. The ability to have everything from keyword research to site crawl audits to backlink audits in one dashboard is great.

Cons

The paid search data isn't overly accurate. I do not recommend this tool for PPC, but it's at the top of my list for SEO insights.

Hi, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

SEMrush Review

Pros

The range of features. We are a small agency and we need to limit the number of tools we use. SEMrush has a wide array of tools and that allows us to focus on just one tool.

Cons

The cost to add additional users. It is very expensive to add additional users, so unfortunately we need to limit access to the tool because we do not want to incur the sizeable expense of adding them.

Website audits

Helps us rank our websites higher in Google and we're happy with that.

Pros

We've been using Semrush to provide great insights to all of our client's websites and improve their SEO with SemRush suggestions.

Cons

Pretty complex and an inexperienced SEO user might not understand everything that happens there but overall it's an amazing tool.

Hi Mihaita, thank you very much for your feedback and your choice! We really appreciate it! - Masha from SEMrush

SEMrush review

solid product and responsive support.

Pros

automated updates and breadth of product offering

Cons

having to manually sync google analytics data with multiple features within the product. the "integrations" article is a helpful workaround but this should still be automatic.

Hi Charles, thank you for the great review! We can't access your Google Analytics info without your permission, this is why there are integrations points that you need to configure manually :)

SEMrush: the ultimate SEO/SEM tool for beginners and pro digital marketers

I've been extremely satisfied with using SEMrush, and I will keep using it as much as I can. For me, SEMrush is a must-have resource, when working in relation to SEO (on-page, content SEO and competitive analyses).

Pros

SEMrush is a high-quality SEO tool, renowned and efficient. It fits both freelancers/owners of small sites, and SEO specialists in large corporations. It's one of the main tools used by the best SEO experts nowadays, and for a good reason: gathering intelligence data is a must in today's digital era.

Cons

For beginners, SEMrush is not immediately so simple to use: many bloggers and websites' owners with limited experience might be daunted by the many features offered by SEMrush. Starting step by step with SEMrush, it's already a good start: you don't need to become an SEO or SEM in 1 day (Rome wasn't built in a day) but once you get used to it, the potential to boost your site is infinite.

The SEO tool to rule them all

I’ve used SEMRush since they started and they’ve just gone from strength to strength. I love how simple the tool is to use and how it always ‘has my back’ with automated emails if something is wrong. Their content marketing is absolutely amazing- look at their blog and you’ll be lost for hours in learning new stuff.

Pros

I love how simple SEMRush is to use and how intuitive their UX is. I’ve used their topic research tool for clients and it has helped inform their entire content marketing strategy, from the calendar itself to the amount of paid/organic attention we give each piece of content. Their tool is always fast, loads quickly and is easy for novices to understand.

Cons

I’ve been using SEMRush for a while and don’t have any major gripes. I would say sometimes for niche terms the database doesn’t return anything, and their SEO rankings tool is usually spot on, but there are rare occasions they’re off by a few positions. Nothing major though.

How much SEMrush can help in seo tools

Pros

Seo tools are common in these days for beginners to find right keywords and back links .mainly what users are searching is important. well SEMrush is one of the good software in internet to help you in search results,backlinks,best keywords which your website rank higher and extra.you can use this website for any particular topic .there are so many options in this website to grow your channel.it works for websites or videos or products.SEMrush will give you right domain comparrison also.howmuch volume is searching for particular keyword is most important thing so it is the place you can get all the information.try it

Cons

SMErush is good but they can give keyword suggestions not exact search results because there is one keyword which is very popular but it will show volumes of search results but there is already tons of competiters are there.if this software find some future topics that will help who are using this website.if you add future topics and future videos section people go for that topics and some traffic will divert to that particular topic and everybody get thier share in future topics.if web traffic split in other topics all are happy incliding begginners

SEMrush helps manufacturing firms

We and our clients have enjoyed outstanding results using SEMrush to present data in a way that it is easy to prioritize actions and get meaningful results that impact the bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush features, especially SEO with measures of the competitive landscape has been very helpful with bringing manufacturing firms up to speed with Internet Marketing practices.

Cons

It is comprehensive, which naturally makes it challenging to navigate when it is not used on a daily basis.

Hi Keith, thank you for your review! This is so great to hear that our tools brought great results to you and your clients!

Industry Standard Software

Been using SEMrush for years. Haven't found a more comprehensive tool.

Pros

Easy to set up, great tool for research and nice white label reports for clients.

Cons

A little pricy. Wish they had a lower tier. Also, wish they had a Screaming Frog equivalent tool. I know they have something similar but I still end up using Frog when I need to do that kind of sitemap/seo research.

Incredible Platfrom for the Professional Digital Marketing Experts

My overall experience with SEMrush is extraordinary and incredibly awesome. Because I have used the SEMrush for my personal websites and also for the customers websites. Even for the new clients, I prepare the report of their websites and then I show them. So they can easily check and understand the SEO report of the websites. Because the main thing that the reports which we export from the SEMrush dashboard, are really easy to understand. Then we can change the content or data of our websites according to the new keywords.

Pros

The features of SEMrush are really awesome for the Digital Marketing experts. You can see the Backlinks report of your website using the Backlink analytics feature of SEMrush. You can add different websites and then SEMrush execute the search engine optimization report of your websites. You can see your competitors and then you can analyze the keywords. The keyword magic tool is really awesome to check the profitable keywords for your SEO campaigns.

Cons

For the free users when they want to add more websites or projects, there is a limit. According to my best experience, this limit should be increase. All other marketing tools of SEMrush are really outstanding and fabulous.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Sheraz. We are very happy that you enjoy your experience with SEMrush!

Good product with reasonable price

With SEMRush you are able to run tons of reports on most websites at an affordable cost.

Pros

- robust features - new features often - great projects feature - good customer support - often times really good data

Cons

- Sometimes it is a little glitchy - in some cases, limited data, but this is somewhat expected - the policy on number of seats is a little silly since it's targeted towards agencies

Foundational Software for Your Marketing Practice

This enables our organization to run detailed reports for not just our firm, but prospects and customers as well. It's always great seeing a customer/prospect reaction when receiving a comprehensive report filled with data that they didn't even know existed in the first place.

Pros

Whether you're running a marketing firm or are looking to grow your existing marketing practice, this piece of software is a game changer. SEMrush has pushed out a unified solution that gives you everything from an automated social media poster to keyword research and competitor analysis, & lastly full site audits to help you continuously improve. We've used this software for just under 6 months but can't imagine running this team without it. Definitely recommend.

Cons

The lite version of the product still has a great set of features, but there are some upgrades you'll have to make in terms of price point depending on the advanced features you're looking for.

Comprehensive Digital Marketing Tool

Pros

SEMrush is an all-in-one digital marketing solution, offering everything from KW research and rank tracking to competitor research and content ideas.

Cons

The user interface is a little clunky and not as sleak as other tools.

Hi Adam, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

The best tool for search marketers

A great time saver which provides true insights which can be directly implemented or supplied to clients.

Pros

The huge breadth of the tools available within SEMrush is a goldmine of insight for search marketers. From PPC marketers to tech SEOs our team relies on the insights from SEMrush to guide the strategy for our clients. Scheduled re-scanning and customised reports saves team members considerable time every week. Technical SEO audits are crucial for our technical team to refine the build of sites, other tools analyze page-by-page, SEMrush creates insights which can be applied site-wide.

Cons

Some audit reports are slightly inconsistent over time, especially some of the technical aspects of the audits. Audit outcomes sometimes need to be checked against other tools or manually as some false-positives are generated. The sheer breadth of the service can also be daunting for new users, I would advice picking one of the audits and build confidence over time.

Must Have Tool

Love it, we moved from a much more expensive and less helpful tool to yours, so happy we made the move.

Pros

I'd be lost if I didn't have SEMrush. All the data is at my fingertips and helps me act quickly.

Cons

Honestly can't think of one off hand.

Hi, John! Thanks a lot for this awesome feedback, we are so happy to know you enjoy using our tools!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.