Semrush Logo

SaaS solution for online content marketing

Semrush Reviews - Page 6

2,233 reviews

JP

Jamie P.

Food Production, 1-10 employees

Super tool for content development and actionable competitive tracking

Pros

Keyword and research features for new content development as well as integrations with Google Analytics and Google Documents for fine tuning content for not only SEO but readability and voice are beyond useful. It has decreased desk research time by weeks for new topic content development, writing and optimization. I also love the competitive content and traffic view I can create and reporting that is baked in.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more intuitive for a learning user. While it has a robust toolkit of features, sometimes I get lost in the complexity of technical SEO valuations and how I can use what I am seeing in my dashboard to my advantage/what is truly actionable by priority.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great All Rounder

Pros

Used SEMRush for keyword research and content marketing. It has given a boost to our client's online marketing efforts. Data, volume, backlinks and other insights SEM Rush delivers are top-notch The most desirable feature is the content marketing tool. The tool assists with keyword research, topic ideas, content optimiser, etc. Website audits and the lead get tools can come handy. The next important one close to the content marketing tool is backlink analysis. The free tools offered by SEMRush are a nice addition. It also allows us to quickly create professional reports with a few clicks. Compared to the other tools which deliver similar results, the cost for SEMRush is much better in terms of the value it delivers. However, the subscription can get expensive before you know it.

Cons

Subscription can get expensive before you know it. Not a good option to recommend for beginners.

Hi! Thanks for giving us such a great review! We really appreciate it and are happy that you're getting a lot out of SEMrush's tools.

MG

Martin G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Semrush functionalities

I use SEMRUSH as the go tool for analysis and seo performance. Site health and keyword research amon other activities. So far the tool it has proved its worth look forward to see upcoming advancements

Pros

up-to-date tools and analysis, nice user interface and good power tools. Easy to use and extent knowledge base with academy. Varied type of analysis for a SEO analyst and easy integrations with essential tools

Cons

To have access to things like the API or new tools like the canibalization report you need to pay for the next tier subscription. For many companies or SEOs this may be beyond budget. I tried to reach customer service very difficult to have a response not so good on that front

Hi Martin! Thanks a lot for leaving us this review, we are glad you like using the tool! You can easily start an online chat with one of our representatives on the website, we will be happy to help with any question you may have regarding our tools!

JD

James D.

Market Research, 1-10 employees

Semrush Review

My experience with Semrush has been positive. The tool is easy to use and provides a lot of valuable data. Customer support is also very responsive.

Pros

1. Semrush SEO software provides detailed keyword analysis and keyword tracking. 2. It offers extensive backlink audit capabilities to ensure high-quality link building. 3. Provides a wide range of SEO tools to help users optimize their sites for organic search engine rankings. 4. Easy-to-use dashboard with real-time analytics, reporting, and data visualization capabilities. 5. Offers competitive intelligence reports to identify potential opportunities in the market.

Cons

1. The premium version of the software is expensive compared to other similar products on the market. 2. Some features are unavailable unless you purchase additional add-ons or plugins from Semrush's website.  3. Limited customer support options if you run into technical issues or have questions about how to use the software properly.  4. Does not provide as comprehensive a set of features as some competing products do, such as Ahrefs or Moz Pro tools

TC

Tom C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing tool, but a glaring issue with customer billing and dev...

The tool is a 10 out of 10. Until you fix this listing management billing issue and stop offering discounts that don't exist (twice), this is a neutral experience.

Pros

The pros are that this tool is amazing. Literally life changing when it comes to SEO measurement and strategy. A 12 out of 10 on that front. Their projects, keyword research, and reporting at next leve.

Cons

Here is my issue... I wanted to buy a quarterly pricing service. It was offered to me and then taken off the table. I was told the promotion ended... no big deal. Then I loved the software so much that I signed up for annual. There was just one problem.... they resell Yext citations under their listing management service for $20/month per location. This isn't a big deal because I sell it in our package. Here...

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. Great to know you enjoy Semrush tools overall. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Listing Management pricing and your communication with our reps - I will pass it to our team and we will investigate the situation.

Mia L.

All in One Marketing Tool

Pros

We have been using Semrush for more than 2 years. it's a very good tool to increase organic traffic. recommendations and suggestions provided by Semrush its awesome to audit the website based on search engine guidelines. Backlink analytics is another feature where we can get to know all the back link data and their Domain authority, anchor text etc.

Cons

Pricing is more where many business cant afford this awesome tool. The free version is limited use only where we cant explore all the features

Hey there! Thanks for being a part of the Semrush fam for over 2 years now. We're stoked to hear that our tool has been helping you boost that organic traffic like a pro! Our recommendations and suggestions are on point regarding auditing your website and making it search engine-friendly. Keep rocking it with Semrush, and if you ever need anything, you know where to find us. Cheers to more organic traffic and website awesomeness!

JC

Josh C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

SEMRush Helps Us Rank and Create Content at Scale

We have ranked new content faster (within a few days) since we started really utilizing SEMRush to help define our keywords and research how our competitors are ranking with the same keywords and phrases.

Pros

We use SEMRush to do major keyword research to help us build and scale new content as quickly as possible. Without it we'd be hoping that we were picking the right keywords and making the right decisions to build out our site.

Cons

At times the UI can feel overwhelming, but with each update the software gets simpler and I really enjoy using it, but as with everything it could have a cleaner layout at times.

JW

Jake W.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Great, needs better tutorials

Positive, I think it's the best of the bunch. I think it could be cleaner, could be more concise in some ways. But, it's the best of the bunch, and in my opinion, by a long way.

Pros

The clean interface, the scope of data you can obtain - but simply, it's ease of use in comparison to Moz and Ahrefs

Cons

The videos are poor. I watched the SEM rush tutorial, it lacked any kind of charisma and was really surface level. Then, I wanted to deep dive into Google ads, your course is terrible, I'm sure the man Is knowledgable but it was a video of him with small excerpts of the interface - it should be all a screen share with him in the corner - I understand the want for the videography and angles, the productivity youtube kind of effect, but it took away from the education to the point I had to quit. Actually teach, teach well - people will love it. Your whole education hub is well advertised and lacking for quality engaging content.

MB

Maegan B.

Design, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend

Semrush is a pleasure to use and I don't regret paying for it. It is easy to use and adapt to.

Pros

Semrush is comparable to Ahrefs in quality at a more affordable price.

Cons

There are too many ads targeted to me when I am already a client. The ad spending is excessive and that money could be used elsewhere.

Thanks for your recommendation—we appreciate you recognizing the value and ease of using Semrush! We can't guarantee that you'll never see our ads, but we can try to lower the number you receive. Feel free to send us a DM on Twitter or Facebook with your email(s) and we'll put you on an exclusion list.

KT

Katlego T.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

A great way to track your keyword ranking

Overall this is a great tool. You will have a few first page ranking pages in no time if you follow the suggestions and ideas that the tool provides

Pros

Gives really great suggestions on what strategies, phrases and content to add

Cons

The limit on how many units you get to refresh campaigns makes it a little expensive over time especially for a company in SOuth Africa. The exchange rate is of ZAR/USD is quite steep.

Thanks for leaving this wonderful review, Katlego! We appreciate it & are glad you're enjoying the suite :)

AA

Audrea A.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Ease of navigation and dashboard visuals

As a new user in the 90 onboarding period, I have already had the ability to see and use some of the great features of the system. I look forward to realizing it's full potential

Pros

Ease of navigation and dashboard visuals. The seo dashboard is really easy to understand and you get the most critical information to understand your web performance.

Cons

What could be improved is the ability to edit or remove keyword suggestions on the seo optimization tool that are irrelevant to the content. Some dashboard features can be found under more than one tab (if I'm using it correctly) ie - ppc keyword research takes me to organic keyword research.

Nadish H.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

The most advance and powerful SEO tool in the industry

Pros

There's a list of features that I love about Semrush, but most of all, the free version can also be used to manage your small projects:) I really like user friendly interface of Semrush. Even if you've zero knowledge of SEO, you can still use Semrush to boost your website's SEO like an expert.

Cons

The least I like about Semrush is that it's an addiction and you cannot get away from it once you get used to it :). In other words, I did not find anything missing in Semrush, it's perfect :)

Hi Nadish! We're more than happy to read your review and have you among our customers ;)

JS

Jason S.

A great resource

Pros

Knowing your competition is paramount in making headway in any industry. SEMrush delivers that and more. Our clients have seen an average of 15% marketshare increases YOY with assistance of the available tools and features.

Cons

Limited local features - Cannot drill down to target cities as done in Google Ads. White label branding - This should be made available at a lower tier. Exporting keyword databases - Not available

SEMrush is one of the Top 5 SEO Tools for Agencies

Overall, our experience using SEMrush has been positive. Our team enjoys using it. Plus it has helped with our sales since we can utilize its research features when auditing prospective clients' sites.

Pros

We made the switch to SEMrush a few years ago mainly for the many tracking features that we need for all of our clients. The main one is the keyword tracking tool which allows us to track several keywords for each client and we then can include this data in their monthly reports.

Cons

SEMrush does not have the best structure for their plans/options which ends up costing us more for the software subscription. Due to their plans/pricing structure, we had to create two separate accounts and separate our projects between the two--all to avoid paying the astronomical additional fee for multiple users.

AD

Andrew D.

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

SEMrush is a must - my job would be more difficult without it

I like SEMrush a lot, and recommend it. That said, I'm always looking at other software and making sure that I'm getting my money's worth and that another contender isn't around the corner with similar features (or more).

Pros

What I like and use most is probably the keyword magic tool and other position trackers. The other tools included are just icing on the cake.

Cons

The interface feels a little dated and less modern. Some tools have similar names so it can be difficult to get a hang of what tools do what right away. The prevalence of tools that are locked behind other plans - while I understand their appearance - can clutter the UI and annoy me each time I see them instead of tempting me to pay more for them. It would be nice to have an option to hide these tools so they don't appear and remind you of what you can't do.

WM

Wendel M.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

SEMRush ajuda muito no crescimento

Pros

A quantidade de palavras-chaves que acompanham é fundamental. Gostei também de acompanhar concorrentes

Cons

Os planos poderiam ter planos maiores para acompanhar em redes sociais

Showing original review in Portuguese. See translation

Hi Wendel! Thank you so much for writing this great review! We are really happy to hear how much you enjoy our tool.

ED

Emily D.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 employees

Essential

Fantastic and used at every company I have been with

Pros

Rely on semrush daily for SERP monitoring and assistance with writing site content that competes

Cons

Can be a bit fragmented and unsure where to go for what

MA

Mauricio A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The most complete SEO tool on the market right now

After using Semrush I've tried a few more similar platforms but really there's nothing like it. One of the best things of Semrush it's the Keyword Magic Tool, it's very fast, easy to use, easy to understand and above all you got a bigger database of keywords than what other platforms offer.

Pros

Semrush has ALL the data and tools that you need in order to rank your pages, it even helps you with social media or the local packages. Also they're implementing new tools each year and improving the "old" ones.

Cons

The only possible con that Semrush could have is on their pricing, if you want all the tools avaible to you then it's gonna cost you a lot, but in the end thats the price for the most professional and complete SEO/SEM platform, it's worth it if you have the money.

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Your must have SEO friend

Pros

The tool is very easy to use. With our guru subscription we can currently monitor 15 different projects and 1500 keywords in total. Also the domain overview is very useful if you don't want to create a project. Very interesting also the possibility to schedule reports to share with the country managers.

Cons

It's not cheap at all. We went from $1,999.40 dollars (2020) to $2,299.40 (2021). The number of keywords seem to be a lot, but it isn't if you would like to monitor a reasonable number of keywords for each website. Suggested backlinks in the On Page SEO Checker are often competitors. Still, an additional user is way too expensive. It's a bit annoying to pause someone's work to access the platform at the same time.

Good tool if you use it 100%: Good writers marketplace and keyword discovery

Perfectly organised to take a tour for every section on the menu and create a to-do list for your SEO project.

Pros

The keyword discovery is a must. You can study your competitors rankings and spot new oportunities. Once you have the ideas, you go to the marketplace searching for writers and your SEO job is half done.

Cons

The tool cannot replace your brain. You need to add something special to your site, and the tool does not spot the "wow" factor on any site. But this is not its fault, just people that only work "filling the blanks" will have a 100% score and still no ranking

Molly H.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Magic SEO & PPC Tool

As a PPC specialist and digital marketer I help clients boost their online presence through both SEO tactics and paid strategy. SEMrush helps me plan and analyze to deliver results that truly life my clients bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush is a wonderful tool with a vast amount of in-depth features that will help you improve SEO and PPC for your business. This tool delivers in every way to work smarter and not harder. Its all-in-one design boasts SEO, paid search, social media and also market research tools for both e-commerce and enterprise solutions. As a Pay -per-Click (PPC ) specialist I've used SEMrush for years. Favorite tools are competitor analysis, keyword magic tool, and the domain management tool. While I take some of the data with a grain of salt as everyone should its output within these tools has truly allowed me to grow my clients business in an easy and efficient way. IF your looking to do less work but gain great insights and actionable to do's then SEMrush is for you!

Cons

There really aren't any cons about SEMrush. The software has an overabundance of tools that would take a while to list in the pros. If you are a beginner to SEO or PPC the user face and amount of tools may be intimidating. While the price is a worthy investment - if you are not well versed in SEO or PPC or are just in need of the tool for one blog or a small website it may not be worth the money. For advanced users, it is important to remember that many tools like SEMrush will have a varying degree of data accuracy - I would not take the numbers they present as 100% accurate.

Robert m.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Semrush The tool that analyzes your competition

Semrush It's perfect for professionals, advertising agencies, market researchers, business owners and those interested in improving their brand's presence on the Internet. In my company is used for SEO, Website Traffic Analysis and understanding the behavior of website visitors, Keyword planning and analyze our website in comparison to competitors

Pros

I like Semrush as it is a tool designed to streamline and facilitate digital marketing activities. Semrush It is an excellent tool to analyze SEO and the competition, and to know the state of your web positioning. I like that it consists of several tools, it helps to search for keywords, it allows us to know about the strategies of the competitors. Its great advantage is that it is one of the few platforms that offers a multitude of variable data, showing you in a very visual way, which facilitates analysis and evaluation tasks.

Cons

It is so rich in features that I sometimes get lost. The Keyword magic can be confused, and in my opinion, it is a bit expensive for what it offers, if you offered more tools the price would be justified.

Hi Robert! Thank you for this wonderful and very detailed review! We're more than happy to read about your experience with Semrush and improvements you make while performing competitor research with our toolkit. Please note that our pricing follows industry standard models, and we offer three different subscription levels based on functionality just as you've mentioned. Moreover, if our Keyword Magic tool seems a little confusing to you, you can always reach out to us via mail@semrush.com or drop us a message on Twitter or Facebook so that we can share your feedback with our product team. Thank you in advance!

MC

Maria C.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

It helps us develop our marketing content on social media & efficiently enhances our competitiveness

Semrush enabled us to get a lot of creative ideas that contributed to the development of our various marketing publications, and it also enhanced our competitiveness, as it keeps us constantly informed of everything that our competitors publish, which keeps us ready to make updates on our plans in a way that contributes to achieving our goals.

Pros

With Semrush constantly providing the latest posts and ads that are similar to our interests, we can set up a comprehensive workflow to develop the content of our ads and different posts across all social media. Gathering these ideas using the Semrush method allows us to exercise creativity in crafting and designing our ad content. I am grateful to Semrush for providing the information we need to evaluate competitors' content, allowing us to develop effective marketing strategies. It's incredible how Semrush helps us with our SEO by enabling us to decide which terms should be prioritized during queries. This improves search performance, allows for more precise query construction, and helps us select the desired results and analytics quickly and accurately.

Cons

Semrush is flawless, covering practically everything we need to develop our social media marketing content, which I greatly appreciate. However, more options should be added to enable us to classify the results better.

AL

Amanda L.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

OK for the price.

Pros

The price is OK. Setting up a project is fairly easy. I like the competitive and paid search features. This has helped significantly with website audits.

Cons

I wish the pricing structure was easier to understand and more upfront. I don’t like that I have to pay extra for additional projects. I work for myself and have 9 clients, so the price started to balloon pretty quickly once I added them all. I also wish there was a local search feature. Many of my clients are local to a city or region.

Mohamed A.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Semrush is a great tool for SEO

I use Semrush for 2 years and they are a very good tool, it is helped my agency to handle our SEO projects.

Pros

Semrush is a great tool for SEO, it's an all-in-one tool that covers almost everything we need, I like it so much

Cons

however, they need to verify and enhance the data much more especially with non-English languages and non-USA/UK locations