All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,295 reviews

The leader is SEO tools

I’ve used SEMrush for years in many roles. It’s always good to have on hand for client SEO campaigns since you can do most of your work in one place.

Pros

Great feature set for SEOs. It’s been used at many agencies and marketing departments for a reason. Decent data sets.

Cons

Keyword search volume isn’t the most accurate. So many tools it can be overwhelming so be sure to use the training they provide.

Essential SEO Tool for Marketers

Excellent. In my 3+ years utilizing SEMRush as a digital marketing intelligence tool, I have discovered so many exciting new avenues for businesses to start exploring to improve their overall SEO efforts. I've been able to pinpoint toxic backlinks causing domain authority to decline and identify new opportunities to expand via untapped organic and paid keywords to increase companies' traffic and revenue. It's an essential tool in my digital marketing toolkit!

Pros

SEMRush offers a wealth of digital marketing information that you can use to guide your current and future online marketing strategy. From identifying new keywords to target to in-depth competitor analysis and backlink checks. I would go as far as to say this is one of the most useful tools for marketers in the digital age.

Cons

Some tools such as the Keyword Manager and Backlink Audit appear harder to use at first and can offer a clunky experience with long load times and unnecessary UI - but they still offer some sort of value once the user figures them out and is able to wait the long loading times.

Best Marketing Platform for Digital Marketing Professionals

I always use SEMrush for my own websites and also for my client's websites. I have done a lot of Search Engine Optimization Projects, so I always check the site performance through SEMrush. Even when I start ad campaigns of my clients, then for the Keywords selection I always prefer the SEMrush tools. So my overall experience with SEMrush is really incredible because my customers and clients are really happy just because of the performance of their websites.

Pros

The dashboard of SEMrush is really user-friendly where you can see different options. In the Backlinks section, you can see the number and sources of the links you have created for your websites. If you want to start an ad campaign at Google Adwords then you can find and search for the keywords at SEMrush. You can add different projects according to your websites. Then you can check your On-Page SEO, Site Audit, Content Analyzer, and more professional things. If you want to compare your website ranking with your competitors then SEMrush is really awesome.

Cons

There are three plans which SEMrush offer, according to my experience there should be an option for the beginners. Or the trial period should be more than the normal days. All other features of SEMrush are really awesome and fabulous.

Best Website Tracking Platform

SEMRUSH is a good platform for making SEO strategy and good analyzing platform for tracking the user data, keywords used by other companies.

Pros

Very good website tracking platform and easily track your complete website SEO performance, backlink analysis, SEO audit, keyword analysis and more seo performance. Easily track your best competitor sites and analyze the performance of other websites. This is an overall SEO tool used by the SEO agencies.

Cons

This website is very esy to use but the pricing plan is too high cost. SEMRUSH is very high cost for individual or freelancers. SEMRUSH should think about the pricing plan for an individual or freelancers.

Hi Ramakant, thank you for your insights on SEMrush! We really appreciate your feedback!

If You NEED to Show Up Online...

I have been able to access its premium subscription options for about 3 months and the value I got from those 3 months of research was incredible! If you are serious about researching and growing your online business, do not skip SEMrush!!!

Pros

... you must do your research first!!! I was skeptical to start using SEMrush - as a photographer, did I REALLY need to know ALL that much about SEO and all of that backed of my website?! Turnes out - yes, yes I do!!! From doing keyword research, to defining who my competition is in my own market, and what keywords THEY use, to defining weekly tracking on important metrics, both on my website AND social media channels, SEMrush has played a HUGE role in the way that I have started to see my small business as an actual business and not just a hobby. Beat them at their own game? Well, you gotta do a bit of research on who you're playing against to see how you can be better.

Cons

I probably didn't even BEGIN to scratch the surface of what SEMrush can possibly do for me, because I am not a pro at the SEO/SEM game. So I could not say that there is something I don't like about the software, since I have yet to be able to use it to its full potential.

SEMrush is the must-have tool to kick-start your SEO

I am very happy and highly satisfied with SEMrush: it's your to-go toolkit if you want to build or improve your sites, from content marketing & SEO perspective. It's not so difficult to use, with a bit of practice and few tests, you'll manage to master it.

Pros

Mostly all SEO Specialists nowadays are using SEMrush (in combination with other tools), and it is effective either for your small personal site or blog, or ever for larger corporation sites. On SEMrush you will find different tutorials in order to get started, SEO audit check, plenty of features in order to analyze your keywords rankings, organic traffic, PPC progression and how to analyze your competition.

Cons

It would be great if they develop a plugin able to integrate their "SEO Writing Assistant" directly on the backend of a site (like on WordPress), in order to facilitate content editors' work.

Great SEO tool for Consultants!

Pros

Used predominantly for SEO research, audits and competitor analysis. Useful for performance tracking and the insight tools have been useful too. Single location (dashboard) to view all project performance.

Cons

Pricing is a little on the high side for consultants and freelancers wanting to utilise some of the advanced functionality of the tool.

If you consider useful an SEO professional, you must use it.

Lightning fast intelligence about any websites or keywords that I choose to run!

Pros

The ability to plug in a website URL and quickly see (1) which keywords it is ranking for and (2) what keywords it is buying in paid search is in a word, invaluable. This has on more than one occasion helped me to secure a new client. Thus, the software has paid for itself many times over already. The Website Audit feature is very good and competitive with anything else out there -- Raven Tools, A Hrefs, MySiteAuditor, etc. The new SEO Ideas functionality is a very awesome, very promising feature that will definitely keep me renewing for another annual subscription.

Cons

The Link Audit Tool is a little weak. Not quite good enough for me to be able to let go of my A Hrefs subscription. I hope this will improve so I can cut back on my very high "Tool Overhead" costs.

Wonderful SEO tool with TONS of great data

Pros

They have updated this product a ton since I first started using it. Every update has been extremely useful. I'm able to export a full SEO report for clients - this includes an overall site audit with a breakdown of the site/ what to improve, organic keywords, position tracking, backlink report, link building opportunities, sample PPC ads and they've newly added social media information that I haven't had the opportunity to test out yet. I just learned they offer certifications too so I'm excited to dig into those!

Cons

Very few if any - I don't have any to report. The tool can be overwhelming when you first use it because of the crazy amount of features available. With that being said, (as mentioned) there are certifications and learning tools and once you're able to play around with it, it's pretty simple to navigate.

A True Force in the SEO Tool Industry

SEMRush is a powerful SEO tool that can provide insightful data and analytics for individuals or SEO agencies. It has helped us track numerous different websites, SERP rankings, and find potential keyword opportunities. In my opinion, this is a valuable investment for anyone who is serious about digital marketing - and looking to fine-tune their efforts.

Pros

- Hourly, daily, weekly, monthly updates! - Ability to track numerous projects at once - Extensive keyword database - KW Magic Tool is great - Powerful keyword analytics - Fun to use

Cons

- Small learning curve - as it can feel overwhelming at first. - SERPs don't always look accurate.

A Serious Tool For Professionals

SEMrush is a must have for anyone involved in search engine optimization as we are. The information handled is at our fingertips in seconds and can be passed on to clients or other members of the team efficiently and coherently. SEMrush is amazing for performing audits, the SiteAudit tool kit is extensive and can be adapted to fit each client in order to provide an on point and targeted campaign. The tools provided by SEMrush are invaluable and after using it I can't imagine running a successful campaign without it.

Pros

SEMrush offers many ways for comprehensive competitve research. It is a must have for every search engine optimizer. Information handled is extensive and can be passed on to clients easily and for our team to use efficiently. SEMrush has a SEO community aspect, the training base and integration is excellent. Videos and webinars are offered for comprehension and awareness.

Cons

The free version is very limited. If you want to use SEMrush you are going to have to pay for it. It is sometimes difficult to find data on lesser trafficked keywords.

SEO Client Review

Overall, I would have to say that I would recommend the tool to other people. The speed of the scans is a huge plus, you can set a scan going and within minutes it is complete. I would like to see more consistent results within the position tracker, I am a little bit skepticle over the results it produces I have to say.

Pros

We use the tool mostly to help with our SEO clients. I personally like the on-page grader tool. I think it's a great way to compare your page with the top 10 ranking pages for a specific keyword. I think the tool is fast and I like how you can receive almost instant advice. Some other tools can take much longer to scan a site. The site audit in particular can deliver quick responses.

Cons

I am uncertain on the position tracking. We use a few different SEO tools alongside SEMRush and the results we get back from SEM Rush seem to be different to the other tools.

Robust SEO/SEM tool

Robust software for all of my SEO and SEM needs. It gives me all the data I need to do my job well and with intelligent insights.

Pros

There is so much functionality to SEMrush, I don't think I'll ever know all of its capabilities. For any type of search research -- whether it's average CPC for an SEM campaign or insights into my competitors rankings -- I turn to it. I also tend to think that SEMrush's traffic data is a little more accurate than some of the other tools i use (though we all know total accuracy is impossible in our industry) and I prefer it for traffic and organic CTR estimates.

Cons

The design could use some improving. Sometimes I get lost trying to find a particular report -- especially since there are so many options. I also still prefer AHREFS for tracking backlinks, even though you could technically do it in SEMrush.

Semrush functionalities

I use SEMRUSH as the go tool for analysis and seo performance. Site health and keyword research amon other activities. So far the tool it has proved its worth look forward to see upcoming advancements

Pros

up-to-date tools and analysis, nice user interface and good power tools. Easy to use and extent knowledge base with academy. Varied type of analysis for a SEO analyst and easy integrations with essential tools

Cons

To have access to things like the API or new tools like the canibalization report you need to pay for the next tier subscription. For many companies or SEOs this may be beyond budget. I tried to reach customer service very difficult to have a response not so good on that front

Hi Martin! Thanks a lot for leaving us this review, we are glad you like using the tool! You can easily start an online chat with one of our representatives on the website, we will be happy to help with any question you may have regarding our tools!

A solid choice

Very positivi experience, it has been an asset in improving our SEO rankings in the last 5 years.

Pros

This is an affordable tool even for SME to completely control their SEO and SEM activities.

Cons

Some features are not so useful and not fully developed

Hi Andrea, thank you so much for the review you left us!

The Best In It's Category

I love it and use it every single day.

Pros

SEMrush contains every report and data point you would ever want regarding SEO and SEM. I mean that literally. I don't think there is another tool that has as many features as this.

Cons

It is extremely overwhelming for a new user.

SEMrush is hands-down the best SEO software on the market

Overall, SEMrush has amazed us by continually working to improve their product and constantly introducing new features, designed to deal with all the different aspects of SEO (content, links and technical). We can't wait to see what they introduce this year!

Pros

There is no one best feature. A few of my favourites are the Projects tracking which includes a site health checker as well as the on-page seo checker and the SEO template which plugs in nicely to Google Docs. Another new feature we're loving is the keyword manager where you can import keywords and get their search volumes.

Cons

Occasionally, the software stalls and takes a long time to update, so we're forced to check all our positions and rankings manually which is really frustrating.. it happens once or twice a year, normally for about 2-3 weeks.

Great for Scouting How Other Companies Advertise

Pros

This is very powerful SEO software. I use it to investigate how other companies are targeting their keywords. You can also use this to figure out which keywords to target for your blogs or websites and see which related keywords consumers are looking for and the rate searched for each week or month. Lots of reporting and the data available is very accurate.

Cons

It is a bit pricey for just a basic subscription and could use some more functionality for seeing what the competition is up to.

Is it worth the cost for new bloggers?

I use SEMrush several times a week for a new blog. Is it worth the money? I'm still trying to decide. I started on a free trial and fell in love with how easy it was to search a keyword, then apply filters to narrow it down to long-tail keywords. I also like how specific the results are. Rather than 1-10K, it'll say the exact rank. When I reached out to customer support to help me decide, they...

Pros

Very specific keyword research results, instead of large ranges of numbers, making it easy to decide if it's a keyword you want to write about. Amazing filter options to drill down to long-tail keywords. Ability to research competitors' ranking and keywords too.

Cons

The price is hard to swallow and justify for newbies just getting started who aren't making money blogging. There's SO much information, I feel overwhelmed and wonder if I'll ever use it all.

Hi Chelsea, thank you so much for your review! We are glad to read you enjoy the Keyword Research tools. Also happy for your blog progress - keep it up and don't hesitate to reach out to us for any questions!

Actionable SEM Data to Profitable Growth

Extremely useful for PPC Competitor research

Pros

SEMRush provides loads of actionable data from SEO to PPC to Social. I use it a lot for Internet Advertising / PPC research on what competitors are doing - what are their ads saying, what keywords do they target, what is their estimated ad spend, etc all in one place. It helps with not only search ads - but also display ads - this super feature helps us understand what the competition is up to. It helps in keyword research for organic SEO as well as paid traffic. In terms of SEO it helps track position on organic search results (SERPS), SEO audit including technical stuff and backlinks.

Cons

The only thing about all the data provided is that its an estimate - so they are not accurate - although they give you a magnitude or direction - they are far from accurate to be used as a benchmark. There are a lot of alternatives for SEO like Moz - which are more easier to use & bring in thought leadership in the industry. There are a lot more things that can be better like the reports can be more intuitive, it's really slow at times, missing data on various sections, etc - can be a handicap at times.

Simply number 1 SEO (and not only) software out there!

Overall, this is an invaluable system in my SEO tools I use almost everyday. Totally worth it!

Pros

The biggest advantage of SEMRush is the ability to generate enormous amount of the actionable data on the subject you want to research in. That allows to own the reliable data according to what you can confidently make the right decisions from the perspective of the SEO Strategy. This tool is beyond productiveness if it's used to its full capability. It's an invaluable everyday asset in my SEO projects.

Cons

The only cons I'd like to emphasize is the 'Keyword competitiveness' research tool, which is not as exact as other competitors are having (KR, KF, etc) it's slightly hard to understand for what keyword you should go for. Apart from that, I assume, it's very expensive for the starter SEO guys to afford.

The best, the most outstanding, keyword analysis service.

It is not only a SEO tool, but an integrated tool that can analyze, track, operate and report for all digital marketing actions. It has an advanced reporting feature that works in the form of drag and drop, where you will show reports to the brands you manage.It also has free online trainings and allows you to get an online certificate with a small exam after the trainings. This was the best experience :)

Pros

The features I like most about SEMrush software; Domain Name Analysis is specific to a domain. You type a domain name (for example, "google.com") into the search bar, and you get valuable information about it. Second, Keyword Analysis is keyword focused. You write a keyword about your brand (for example, "what is a deeplink") and you get details about that keyword. I love these two features.

Cons

Frankly, I have not encountered any situation that I do not like, I have used all its features very efficiently.

Hi Caner, thank you so much for your review! Great to know you enjoy a lot of features within Semrush!

Couldn't do my job with it.

It's been great. We get better data and support/recommendations for things that we couldn't get anywhere else.

Pros

The depth and breadth of tools available in one spot is unparalleled.

Cons

It doesn't have the cleanest or fanciest UI/UX. Connecting other tools like Google Analytics over and over for each tool in SEMRush is mildly annoying.

Hi Chris! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We appreciate your feedback, and will keep working on improvements!

Great, needs better tutorials

Positive, I think it's the best of the bunch. I think it could be cleaner, could be more concise in some ways. But, it's the best of the bunch, and in my opinion, by a long way.

Pros

The clean interface, the scope of data you can obtain - but simply, it's ease of use in comparison to Moz and Ahrefs

Cons

The videos are poor. I watched the SEM rush tutorial, it lacked any kind of charisma and was really surface level. Then, I wanted to deep dive into Google ads, your course is terrible, I'm sure the man Is knowledgable but it was a video of him with small excerpts of the interface - it should be all a screen share with him in the corner - I understand the want for the videography and angles, the productivity youtube kind of effect, but it took away from the education to the point I had to quit. Actually teach, teach well - people will love it. Your whole education hub is well advertised and lacking for quality engaging content.

The best Online Visibility Management Platform

I use SEMrush for all of my websites. Because I see how my competitors are creating content. So I always try to make best content in my website. I use the Magic Keywords tool to create a number of keywords for my Ad campaigns. So my overall experience is really fabulous with SEMrush.

Pros

If you have an online store you can boost your store. You can improve your search engine optimization and social media marketing with SEMrush tools and features. You can do Technical SEO audit of your website. You can track the position of your website for different keywords. You can check and analyze the Backlinks of your website.

Cons

All features of SEMrush are really professional and improved. According to my experience there are no cons. Because the platform is really great for E-commerce and for Enterprise.

Thank you for your feedback!

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.