ShipStation Logo

ShipStation Reviews - Page 4

VG

Viktor G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Wonderful platform, though could be improved with many common sense and quality of life improvements

Daily shipping - absolutely, absolutely, crucial to my business

Pros

-Amazing bulk processing features -Strong integration with marketplaces, passing along tracking information -Access to great rates if not a volume shipper -Great features for making sense of shipments

Cons

-Nonsensical separation of externally-generated shipments and platform-generated shipments. The distinction is important, though no point in limiting reporting functionality for one over the other as there is no fundamental difference -Order-specific activity archive is very short(2 months) - hope to improve this in the future -Many common-sense features need implementation or improvement upon, though support elects to create features based on votes and not to improve quality of life

RT

Ricky T.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Shipstation - Gets the job done!

Overall its great shipping software for an inexpensive price.

Pros

Shipstation gives us a simple and centralized system to ship out all our orders. Our orders from Shopify, Amazon, manual orders, etc flow through our inventory management software Stitch Labs which then routes it to Shipstation. Thus giving us one place for our order fulfillment center to work with. You can easily connect your FedEx, UPS, USPS accounts making it easy to just print labels and ship. There's nothing fancy about Shipstation, it's a pretty basic software but the main thing is that it works.

Cons

For some reason, the software interface Windows 2000ish. Feels old but it does the job. One thing I would like to see is if we could create shipment templates. We use Shipstation to ship out samples and we manually enter those orders into Shipstation. However, if the sample orders are the same and only the addressee is different, we need to input the sample order details for each time. It would be nice if we had some sort of shortcut or pre-saved template we could select to save time.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

Great for everyday shipping

Generally good, for the price it's great. Updates are slow.

Pros

We ship a lot, and ship station enables us to ship more quickly and more effectively. It also helps us track returns which as a rental business, all of our shipments come back and having all of that in one place is really helpful.

Cons

They've established the software, they focus on vendors who aren't rental companies and ship a lot of smaller packages. Updates are slow coming and it feels like they've said "hey we've done it!!! Let's coast." and don't really do updates anymore. Although if you ship to Zimbabwe on a regular basis they are more than happy to add rickshaw as an option, but won't give you the option to select that it was delivered by someone internally.

AH

Ashley H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Great software for e-commerce websites

Pros

This software is easy to figure out, gets great rates for shipping, and is reliable!

Cons

Sometimes orders do not load and you have to keep refreshing, user interface is not aesthetic, it has small text and small buttons

SF

Stephanie F.

Warehousing, 11-50 employees

Reliable and Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use and ability to price shop all carriers on one dashboard

Cons

Cannot be used as an inventory management system.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Exactly what we were looking for

We had a great experience with ShipStation while we had it. As a newer business, we just couldn't afford to maintain the subscription. It's a real shame since it really increased the customers' overall experience with our company.

Pros

We love how ShipStation integrates with our Stamps.com account. Our favorite features are how they keep track of the packages you ship to each person, the value, and the items. You can keep track of promotional items this way or keep detailed notes. Another of our favorite features is the branded tracking page that your customers will see with the tracking code. It looks great and helps give your site a more polished and professional look.

Cons

The monthly subscription for this is just way too expensive. Even with the amazing features that make a business look awesome and really helps the customers, it's just way too expensive for smaller or starter businesses.

SH

Scott H.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Shipstation is Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use. We love how we can see pictures of the item sold inside the customer's order information. Also good that we can change a customer's shipping address if it's incorrect. The sales charts are helpful. It's easy on the eyes. Easy for people who have basic computer skills. Their customer support has always been good. We get on the "chat" thingy and they're very helpful and easy to understand.

Cons

Hopefully the monthly price will go down some. EBay keeps trying to get us to use their shipping service because it's free, which is very tempting, but eBay's shipping service doesn't have some of the features that Shipstation has yet, so we're sticking with Shipstation.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Made My Order Fulfillment Team More Efficient

Our warehouse was 100% manual and we were shipping nearly 3000 packages a month. And with Black Friday/Cyber Monday coming, we were at risk of a huge bottleneck in our process. Shipstation automated some time-consuming processes for our warehouse staff, and made them more productive and actually HAPPIER at work because they were no longer doing the tedious stuff, and could focus more on picking and packing and getting orders out the door. We had an amazing holiday season and I give credit to Shipstation for helping us reach our sales goals.

Pros

Easy to learn, we were able to teach our warehouse staff to use it in a day. It made their lives SO much easier. The shipping label auto creation was a gamechanger for us.

Cons

Does not have a barcode scan validator. We needed to make sure that our staff were being alerted when they attempted to pack the wrong product. Shipstation does not have this, so we had to use a separate software for this function.

EM

Eric M.

Retail, 1-10 employees

More time troubleshooting than shipping.

Absolute garbage but a client we ship for insist on using so we are stuck dealing with all the headaches. The amount of time and money that is lost due to this platform is beyond words. Many days of paid shippers just watching spinning wheels and not being able to ship while we try to troubleshoot. Avoid at all cost.

Pros

Its has good aesthetics but thats about where it ends.

Cons

Buggy, slow, fails to work many days. Connect software very buggy and presents many errors. At its best when everything is working it is slow and the UI slows down shipping as it does not seem to have been built by anyone that actually ships products for a living.

KS

Kelli S.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

ShipStation a must for e-Commerce!

I am very pleased with the service. I used the USPS last year, but with all of the difficulties they have had this year, I moved to UPS. I had my own account with UPS but found that ShipStation has a much better rate than I could get. Very happy to be shipping with UPS again since they are a hometown WorldShip location and my shipments were all on time this holiday season! Other Gift Basket folks using USPS or FedEx did not have the same experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use for my daily shipping needs. I primarily use UPS since I am in the same town as the WorldShip, but it also allows me to check other shipper options. It's easy to link to your e-Commerce site and pulls in all of your orders. I also linked it to my thermal printer and scale easily, so it is a breeze to use.

Cons

The initial set up on the email templates was a bit rocky, but I think that was my own fault for not knowing to edit those up front. I also found their videos after getting the software. Maybe make that a little more prevalent once someone signs up to ease them into the set up.

SK

Steve K.

Internet, 1-10 employees

Software the keeps Fulfillment Running like Clockwork

Pros

This software has been a crucial part of our allowing our business to run like a large business. The feedback we've received from customers thanking us for the professional follow-up with tracking links allows them to track their shipment. This makes us look like a Big Player when in fact we are a small operation.

Cons

We had a card expire and it automatically disconnects from our Shopify store. Once I correct and update my card I did not realize I had to reconnect everything. That small issue lead to orders being delayed. I assumed once I updated my card everything was fine so better communication would have been helpful.

Nichole P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Perfect all in one ship solution

Pros

With shipstation you have the ability to print packing slips and shipping labels at the same time. I like that they allow custom branding on emails and all printed items that go with the package. If you use a platform like shopify, they allow you sync orders plus any other sales channels like amazon. There is a small discount on shipping rates from all the main carriers (fedex, Usps, and ups) and the ability to create return labels for the same packages you’ve shipped. Shipstation has everything you need to streamline the shipping process and is great for small businesses.

Cons

I’ve noticed shipstation creates multiple customer accounts for the same customer if that customer purchased from different sales channels so it’s not that intuitive when it comes to customer identification.

BL

Brian L.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Great shipping platform.

Pros

It's super easy to use on a daily basis for my team.

Cons

I would like there to be more than 1 user account included, rather than each user being an additional fee. My entire team uses this in the same capacity, but I would like to be able to track who is shipping what better.

JR

Jen R.

Cosmetics, 1-10 employees

Not easy to use

Pros

Good shipping rates and connectivity. Worked well when I was drop shipping items I manufactured for another company.

Cons

This is too complex for a two platform business. I wouldn't want to use this again if I have a choice of a simpler shipping platform.

MH

Mahlon H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Very poor software design and way of doing business

Very poor experience. Never could get the right answers from support either. Seems like a company that really doesn't care about small businesses and customer support.

Pros

It was a way to print shipping labels in one place for multiple carriers.

Cons

They made you prepay for labels in certain $ increments before you could print labels, so you always have money tied up hoping to be able to use it sometime. Will only be able to ship FedEx and UPS if you have current account with them and can get the software to work together with your existing account. Not very user friendly compared to Pirate Ship.

Justin P.

Best application we use by far.

Pros

-Ties in all of our selling channels to one central location for information. -Cloud based with easy to use app, let's us work from anywhere. -Great customer service and support. -Automation options steam lines our workflow and saves us a ton of time.

Cons

-I wish there was part based bar code confirmation scanning. -It would also be awesome, if you could tie inventory levels to all of your selling channels so that they would auto update. All that being said, these are just wish list items that can be accomplished with 3rd party integrations, and are not meant to take away from what is truly an amazing application for any business shipping product.

DH

David H.

Most Efficient Shipping Software we have every used!

Pros

Shipstation listens to their users and puts every feature you could ever need in their software. It has the most features, the most integrations and has the fastest workflow. We use it for eBay, Amazon, Reverb, Big Commerce, etc. If we were to change to a different website platform, it would be easy because Shipstation most likely integrates with them too. It also integrates with QuickBooks through a third party app. It works very well and keeps us accurate. The Shipstation Package Insurance works well and we have been paid on time for lost packages.

Cons

We would like to see more competitive pricing for USPS. eBay has far better shipping rates specifically for large packages and International Shipments. We want to ship all shipments through Shipstation.

PG

Penny G.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

An Excellent Shipping Partner

Overall it's very good. I'm always able to get customer support when I need it and they are very knowledgable.

Pros

I like that we can use all our carriers and easily monitor which things have shipped and what hasn't.We are able to split orders if needed and put things on hold.

Cons

One thing I would like to see is to be able to see when a shipment has not delivered. You can't filter shipments by "undelivered" so it's hard to spot carrier issues that come up. You just have to search through the whole list.

AP

Adolfo P.

Graphic Design, self-employed

It's a necessity and a secret weapon for me

Pros

Shipstation is an unquestionable necessity for the people who transport a ton! Shipstation is superb. Their client assistance is perfect, whenever I've had an issue, they've hit me up immediately and tackled it. Experts. I should simply revive, and my orders are all there ready to be transported

Cons

I found it somewhat tough to use from the outset. I experienced difficulty exploring the orders. It is actually a distribution center sort of hardware which I needed to become accustomed to. I needed to figure out how how to explore utilizing the product

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Shipstation - easy to use for basic shipping needs

Shipstation was one of the first tools that helped me build an e-commerce business. From day one, it has helped our team ship and keep track of over 1 million customer orders. As the business grew, we were able to use it as our backend to communicate the orders with our 3PL. This is definitely a needed tool for any small to medium business that ships out constantly.

Pros

The software is easy to learn and use. It also integrated with many e-commerce platforms and other tools. Its API is also easy to use if custom development is needed.

Cons

The software is slow. It can take a few minutes to load the website. Although they make constant minor updates, they are slow to introduce new features.

Malcolm F.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Simply the best shipping software for multi-channel sellers

Pros

We have been using ShipStation for the past 4 years and it's a lifesaver. They make it extremely easy to print large batches of labels and they save us money with discounted USPS rates. The automation profiles are a huge time saver. Once I ship a product once I can save the details and it will automatically set those same details every time I ship. This makes it, so I can manage hundreds of orders at a time without having to click into each one to set the shipping details.

Cons

There are USPS errors every once in a while when we go to printing labels. However, they are usually resolved quickly.

Matthew B.

Consumer Electronics, 1-10 employees

Um.. is this an abandoned product?

Bum. Desperately need alternative.

Pros

Great when it worked. Best when I could use my own carrier without selling my firstborn.

Cons

No support. Literally ignored community posts and feedback for years and years. Not so much as an acknowledgement. Currently facing two MAJOR bugs preventing me from using their product and fulfilling my orders without tons of manual intervention. 3+ months and NO response. I am pretty sure they are failing and going bankrupt, suckering people out of as much money as possible before they completely fail.

JW

Joe W.

Wholesale, self-employed

ShipStation shoudl stay home

PayPal switched to this system and it is very obvious no one fully tested it before it being launched. In only a few days I found one error in use after another. They provided suggested work arounds and suggestions that make the amount of work to make it work opposite of what a good program should do. Do you need to switch from one browser to another every time you want to print a shipping label. Defeats the purpose of being able to use a computer. I have no choice at this time to use this until I find a another system. The one advantage was it was free, but the time wasted far exceeds the free cost.

Pros

The concept to make shipping labels integrated with PayPal as there new solution to printing shipping labels.

Cons

It would be nice if it worked properly. It has some many problems it is not a software that was fully tested or designed. After many backs and forth with support to find out how to make it work. Will not work under FireFox so you need to use Chrome to get it to print a label without errors. Then to find a customer to print another label you can't search on there name but need to know this lengthy code to find them not reasonable and no way to find that code if weeks old. Has a list of mailing options but it is far from complete and so another work around.

CT

Cody T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Get Ship Done

Overall it is one of the best decision I made. I would be unable to keep up with order flow without it. I used it every day and it is 10 times better than the program we were using previously (ShipRush)

Pros

This software brings all of our marketplaces together. Magento, Amazon, and we can even import our phone orders via CSV upload. It has everything you could possibly need to compare different shipping services and save money and time.

Cons

If I had to pick something that I liked the least it would be the search functionality. Many times I'll have to do an advanced search to find something that won't pop up but should through the general search.

Jaron H.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Saves a ton of time

Pros

I had an ecommerce website and I connected ShipStation to my shopify website. This made it quite easy because I no longer had to visit my shopify website to fulfill orders. Instead, I could go to ShipStation and refresh my list of orders. From there, I could print labels directly and fulfill my orders. Previously, I used to go to the USPS store and stand in line to pay for an order. Now, I was able to print my labels and just drop them off without the line. Yes, I can also just print labels directly from USPS's website, but then I have to manually enter all the shipping details and contact info. This way made it easier. If it was more expensive, I proably would stick with USPS's label printing site, but at this price it was worth it.

Cons

It take some getting used to... It can be pretty complicated and it has a lot of features. I did have issues with getting my shipstation account to communicate with my Dymo printer. The ShipStation desktop app was pretty finnicky and often had issues. I had to delete and redownload the app a few times during my time using ShipStation.