ShipStation Logo

ShipStation Reviews - Page 5

AS

Alexis S.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Software for shipping that expedites the process

Any business wishing to manage its shipping operations expertly should consider shipstation, in my opinion. I adore the functional, powerful features. The business may easily connect with a variety of marketplaces, shopping carts, order management systems, and other systems from a single, straightforward platform.

Pros

I appreciate how quickly and well ShipStation handles the order inventory. The company can communicate with many carriers and order sources in one location. It is extremely well integrated with the primary shipping provider, which speeds up shipment management operations.

Cons

When several people use it simultaneously, it will load slowly, which is inconvenient if you need to do the task quickly. Most particularly if you generate return label.

AJ

Anil J.

Automotive, 1,001-5,000 employees

Making shipments is easier with ShipStation

Pros

This one lets you recognize goods that are returned and those which are new, efficiently. Their rules are within most business limits and are really friendly. Their filters are a great shot and often enhance your platform. They are user-friendly and worth the money. Customer service is quite vibrant.

Cons

It is quite a complex one if yours is a big business lot. Flexibility is one issue. Mistakes made between placement and delivery of offers can create havoc, especially if more than 1000 shipments are made per day. There is no option for one to edit the manual orders. The process has to be started once again after its deletion. No detail is provided over choices of shipments with lower costs. Paypal cannot be used. No offline version for the system.

AB

Abby B.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Got my Zero-Tech Client into 21st Century thanks to ShipStation!

Overall, an outstanding experience. I think it has really helped my client's business run smoother and more efficiently. I recall having to contact Customer Support one time for help and it was a good experience.

Pros

Nicest clients ever... these guys were still taking orders via fax. They had a terrible WooCommerce site that was so unusable customers would usually place order over the phone. My client was manually enter the orders into QuickBooks where they'd get their UPS tracking info and print shipping labels from QB, BUT, they couldn't even Copy/Paste the tracking #'s! Let alone send customers automated emails!...

Cons

Some of the integration with WooCommerce was a little funky, but I think it was just because I was super nervous to no screw anything up.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Shipstation makes life easier

Saves time, saves money, since time is money! It really has made my life so much easier. It saves hours a day.

Pros

Having a place to aggregate all of your orders in one place is great. I love the automation rules that you can apply which automatically applies the correct shipping parameters per your specifications. The fact that you can enter all of your shipping information and print off packing lists along with your shipping labels is just great.

Cons

I do wish there was a little more control over the automation, since sometimes items get tagged wrong and I have to go in and manually change shipments. I also wish the labels printed a little sharper. I know that my printer can print sharper, but the labels are a bit pixelated. Not a deal breaker in any way, though.

Gabriel A.

Shipstation rocks!

Pros

This has HUGELY SUPER BIG TIME improved our shipping process. We now can easily make shipping labels, print on our Zebra thermal printer, and instantly make return labels. We can track where everything is at (outgoing, returns, etc) quickly. I am genuinely in love with ShipStation. They've done a really great job.

Cons

Sometimes it's a bit slow to load. Also, sometimes FedEx rates do not load but I think that may be a FedEx API issue and not related to ship station. Other than that, I really cannot think of any downsides as it's really a top notch shipping management service.

Nasko L.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

No Thrills Shipping

Overall happy, happy, happy! We recommend ShipStation to all our clients who look to do DropShipping with our company. The platform is easy to use and our warehouse staff uses it daily without any complications.

Pros

We love the fact that ShipStation can tap into multiple carriers and give us options to ship. We also like the process of preparing shipments to international destinations as ShipStation takes care of creating Custom Forms that are part of the process.

Cons

We don't like the way ShipStation integrates with the small size label printers as it doesn't give us options to adjust printing margins. ShipStation's features to adjust inventory levels for products could be redundant as we manage inventory of products with different solutions.

Marcos T.

Packaging and Containers, 11-50 employees

Shipstation no matter how big or small

We have been using shipstation for about 2 years and we do not plan on switching anytime soon.

Pros

Shipstation is great for our warehouse associates as they see our orders come in and even provide status updates on how long the shipment has been in the queue. It is also great for even providing Sales Reports and Shipping reports.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for Shipstation for our specific standard operating procedure but it works regardless.

Matthew K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great way to have shipments from multiple marketplaces show up in one area

Overall ship station has made life selling on multiple marketplaces much easier.

Pros

I sell items on multiple online marketplaces and instead of shipping using each individual marketplace ship station makes it simple by importing orders from every marketplace you sell on. That way I log onto ship station and print all my labels from there. It automatically updates on each marketplace once the label is printed.

Cons

Search history only goes back about 6 months now it used to be longer. This can be a pain sometimes when trying to look up an older order

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

No Support

Pros

Great software but their support is lacking

Cons

Their onboarding and support are nonexistent. We have been using the software for over a year and came in one morning to find all of our data, orders to be shipped, and in transit were gone. They showed the "onboarding screen" basically telling us we had to go through another setup process. The system would not allow us to email, chat or call. We even called their corporate number and did not get a human just a message to call back during business hours which was when we are calling. I need a shipping partner that I can count on and talk to, not leave a message and hope for the best. I am rethinking shipping partners after this .

LH

Lucas H.

Ok Unless There Is An Issue

If you have an issue with a package you shipped on shipstation with UPS, you are out of luck. You can't open a claim on UPS because you used shipstation and shipstation won't open claims on your behalf.

Pros

it is relatively easy to use and has the same rates as other sites.

Cons

the customer service is a horrible joke. I can't say how bad it is.

Lauren F.

A Giant, Full-Featured Timesaver! Just What My WooCommerce Site Needed

This is my third month using ShipStation, and I am still thoroughly impressed with everything this tool has done for my small but growing business. The integration with WooCommerce is seamless. I now use ShipStation both for my eCommerce store and my subscription box program (currently about 480 shipments per month in total). Here are some of the major ways ShipStation has helped my business so...

Pros

Seamless WooCommerce Integration Easy Setup Excellent Support Team Full-Featured, Even at Lowest Tier

Cons

I've run into only one minor frustration-- I would like to see an option to print labels one at a time on 8.5x11" sheets, instead of only two at a time. You end up with half-used sheets from odd-numbered batches, and have to wait for another odd-numbered batch to use them. It's a tiny complaint. Every other feature I've wanted has been there.

Jeremy K.

Design,

Streamlined, quick, and scalable shipping solution for e-commerce based businesses.

Pros

Shipstation is easy to use, allowing most of the tasks you complete with them to be turned into automated tasks for future use. The dashboard is easy to jump off from and get started, and it is easy to integrate with your existing website. In our experience, we integrated with Wordpress, and it provided a seamless transition from order to shipping that cut down on our time immensely. Shop station is also affordable - it's plans scale in such a way that you will be growing as a business at a faster rate than needing to upgrade your plan - it's a cost I would not be against paying when needed.

Cons

Support was adequate, but we were still left to figure out some basic troubleshooting ourselves. Luckily, integration and setup is easy enough, and so that troubleshooting didn't take too long. Honestly, it does its job well, with little complaints from us. I would say that it doesn't go outside of its' core competency at all - management of customers is not where it would need to be to actually use the software for any customer management tasks.

MS

Mike S.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Very happy with ShipStation

Can't believe this, but I've been using ShipStation since early 2012 (nearly 9 years)! In fact, I built the original integrations between ShipStation and Ecwid, WooCommerce, and our custom shopping cart Lemonstand. Great experience overall, and it would be the first platform I'd recommend to someone looking for a shipping software.

Pros

Honestly, it just works and makes generating shipping labels a snap.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind regarding the software. I would like to see real-time chat support return. Don't like having to email support and not know when we'll receive a reply.

AS

Austin S.

Sports, 11-50 employees

We save thousands of dollars every month and hours in time with shipstation

Very pleased. It is extremely easy to use, convenient, integrates well and saves us time and money

Pros

I love being able to compare all of the carriers easily to see different rates for different packages. In working with this software I have really been able to hone in on different cost savings just by adjusting how I package items. I love how it integrates with ebay, our website and other platforms

Cons

I don't love the price, but I also cant complain because we save more money in time and efficiency than we would without this software

Easy and fast to use, very much recommended

Pros

It's very easy to link all of your online stores so you can see all your orders on once screen. You can set presets for select items so you don't have to manually input shipping info every time as well. Customer support, the few times I've had to contact them, has been speedy and very helpful. This has made our shipping process so much faster and less of a headache.

Cons

I'd like some more customization options for packing slips, other than just adding my logo. Every once in a while, I'll initiate a manual refresh of my linked stores for orders and the site will hang, taking 5-10 minutes to refresh and pull in the orders. This isn't a common occurrence, but when it does happen, it's frustrating.

BM

Brandy M.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Loved til overcharging

Great in the beginning & horrible in the end

Pros

It was easy to use n it had lots of great features easy made labels, tracking, inventory management , choice of couriers, prices were good when quoted to u, do e-commerce , distribution & more was great n the beginning

Cons

They would overcharge me all the time if the package was half a pound over weight instead of just having 2 pay a lil extra it's like they would void what u paid already & make u pay a what itd cost 2 shipped like u hadn't paid, & 1 time I paid 6$ to ship 1 piece of wall decal that was barely heavier than a reg piece of paper & they said it weighted 7 pounds yet it didn't even weigh 1 pound they charged me like 12$ on top of the $6 id paid ahead of time 4 basically a 8×10 piece of paper. After being over charged 15 times I never used them again

KC

Kristen C.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Useful tool

Overall Shipstation has been a useful tool for our 3PL. There isn't anything else quite like it.

Pros

Shipstation is easy to use and helpful for shipping!

Cons

Some features are buggy. We often have trouble with scales not working properly. Sometimes during peak seasons Shipstation cannot handle the capacity and crashes.

MT

Mckenna T.

Use it Everyday!

ShipStation is crucial to the success of this business.

Pros

ShipStation is extremely easy to use, I like that you can assign weights to products to where you don't have to manually type them in each time. I also like the Bulk Updates option so I can print many things at once, which is especially useful for efficiency and large order days.

Cons

Customer Service via phone usually has a long wait time; however, the chat option typically responds quicker.

EG

Erin G.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Shipstation is great for small businesses!

Excellent customer service. We pay for enterprise support and the chat team has helped us on so many occasions.

Pros

Shipstation helped our small business in many ways. The process of integrating your marketplaces is straightforward and simple. The native integrations offered are quite extensive, and we did quite lengthy research to pick and fulfillment software that integrated with the most marketplaces possible. The value for the cost is totally worth the investment, and the customization of carriers, labels, automation rules, notification emails truly makes this a great product.

Cons

You can only integrate one Amazon EU account, not all countries. So for example, you can integrate amazon.uk, but not amazon.it or amazon.de. There are still some marketplaces that do not offer a native integration with Shipstation. I wish reporting "insights" were more extensive.

Nicholas Y.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great software for Websites that ship alot.

My overall experience was good. For really small shops that ship excleuviely with USPS I just use the stamps.com integration which is free. For stores that need to ship with multiple carriers and more frequently Ship station all the way!

Pros

Shipstation is not expensive, which is my favorite thing about it. The software rememebers your shipping settings per product based on SKU. SO the next time you go to ship the product it will have a suggestion based on previous configs. Really a time saver. Also you can setup branded tracking pages and confirmation emails to replace the woocommerce ones which aren't as pretty or professional looking.

Cons

I find support is slow to reply and not very helpful. Thankfully there is good online documentation. The setup can be onerous the first time around but once you set everything up you don't need to make any changes it just works.

Design, self-employed

Great for e-commerce and logistics

Awesome experience, would recommend everyone who has an online store to use this, will simplify your life definitely!

Pros

I love that it makes everything ordered and clear, we know where we stand at every order with every client with this software, it gives us the right information all the time and helps us keep control of overall shipments, purchases, and client information.

Cons

There's really nothing I dislike but I would add that you actually need tutorials or someone to teach you how to use it, however, it is really worth it.

William B.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Easy to use, great benefits and keeps you organized

Pros

Shipstation is extremely easy to use. I have multiple online stores that integrated seamlessly with the software. Shipstation assigns you an account representative that is always available to assist you with any questions, comments or concerns. You receive an automatic discount shipping with USPS with the included "Stamps.com" account which helps you stay competitive while increasing margins. The interface helps you stay organized and on-top of all of your order inquiries and keeps records of past transactions so you have everything you need.

Cons

Shipstation is easy to use once you get the hang of it. If it is your first time using a software program like this, definitely take the time to ask questions to your assigned account representative to ensure you learn the intricacies of the software and get up to speed as fast as possible.

Robert D.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Difficult to imagine running a remote fulfillment center without Shipstation

I find that Shipstation has a very large learning curve. It takes time to train folks on it. However, as the title of my review suggests, I'd truly have a hard time envision running our fulfillment center remotely like we do.

Pros

I love the "combine orders" feature, along with the ability to quickly quote multiple carriers (shipping services)

Cons

Unfortunately, over time we discovered that we were actually paying for a higher rate with USPS for cubic pricing than we received through Shopify. This might not seem like a lot but when we offer free shipping, it's actually a significant problem.

TS

Timothy S.

Fine Art, 1-10 employees

A True Headache Saver!

Pros

I love having all of my shipping services in one place. We use UPS, FedEx, and USPS so it saves a ton of time and effort from having to bounce back and forth to different services or websites.

Cons

We use an online selling platform that does play nice in integrating with Shipstation, so we have to input all of our orders manually, which can be a pain at times. The system is very clearly built to be integrated, and when I've used it with Squarespace it was a dream, but the manual order tools are a bit lackluster. It also has some peculiarities, like needing to include an email address for a customer to be saved, or not being able to manually create customers, that take some getting used to.

AK

Adith K.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

A time-saving label printing application that also helps retailers in managing their Shipping requirements.

Pros

You can effectively organize and manage shipping and service from your e-commerce websites. Presence of a powerful feature to identify return customers. The search customer feature where you can search four to field details of a customer is very robust as it reduces a lot of time. A huge volume of orders is processed with higher fulfillment times. Highly responsive customer service. Automated client communications, integrating emails, messages, and chats. A rugged inventory tracking system, they, in fact, have a lot of templates you can work on.

Cons

The user interface gets quite slow at situations. You cant just edit the created orders, you have to take up an additional effort to delete and create another one. The address confirmation feature could be made better. The absence of the desktop version of the software