Hive Logo
Hive

The world's first democratically built software platform.

visit website

Hive Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.74/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

My writers love how clear and concise their workload is presented each day. The ability to change and insert new assignments or move them around is also great.

I am enjoying my time with Hive so far, very efficient and easy to use. Always updating their features, which is fun to learn about and implement into my work.

CM

Crystal M.

I enjoy how integrated the platform can be with other software such as Microsoft office, and the customer service is pretty good.

CJ

Charles J.

The reporting and accountability factors are lacking a little in Hive. There is some bad logic in their recurring actions that prevent us from being able to generate accurate productivity reports.

CS

Chantal S.

There are some aspects of Hive that are a bit annoying. For example, "future" actions aren't actually future actions.

KT

CEO

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Versatile and solid UX platform

Transcript

Eddie L.: Hi, my name is Eddie. I am co-founder and CEO of an education technology company and I give...

Hive Keeps Us Organized

Transcript

Nate: My name is Nate. I am the senior content strategy manager at my workplace. I work in the education...

Great Warehouse Tool - Easy to Query and Integrate

Hive was my first foray into data warehouse tools (other than a super clunky, outdated tool for pulling limited SQL results from a single table at a time). The ability to query across multiple tables, to quickly examine schemas, and to track your previous queries and results was huge in enabling us to experiment with new ways of scripting back-end processes with immediate, hands-on results. It was also able to plug directly into other areas of our workflow without much issue - we pulled data directly from Hive into Tableau, and we queried data from Hive in R to perform QA.

Pros

Being able to track previous queries and results goes a long way when experimenting with different ways to pull what you want. It's particularly helpful when you're constantly making changes and want to potentially revert to versions that worked. Integrations with tools such as RStudio or Tableau are also relatively easy, making it super convenient to load data directly into dashboards or scripts without worrying about extra tools or ETL processes.

Cons

Takes a little more work to set up compared to an all-in-one solution (such as AWS, where the various tools are all in a single platform).

The Only Project Management Software with the Features I need

Pros

Hive is the only project management software that is cloud collaborative, has infinite sub tasks, and Gantt charts so it was an easy choice. Also it is not Microsoft Project so I don't have to deal with their insane billing methods. Chatting inside tasks or letting task owners turn sub tasks into their own projects is great. Everyone can keep up with who is working on what and who needs help or what is holding up the project. Sign in and billing is super easy. Support is extremely reactive when I have questions. There is a bunch of stats on task completion that I don't use, but look useful.

Cons

The mobile app has significantly reduced functionality compared to desktop.

Fantastic Project Management Tool for Agencies

Pros

The intuitive nature of Hive's functionality makes it easy for anyone to use and to quick to onboard and learn. The ability to move between different views allows users to the program in their favorite mode. Once you've set up templates it makes building cadenced projects even more simple.

Cons

I would love to see the ability to quote jobs added to Hive - it would help eliminate another program we use at the Agency.

Close But Not Quite

Timely response to chat logs. It would be a great product if the e-mail integration actually added value to ones workflow.

Pros

Intuitive, easy to navigate. Many useful features you would expect with a project collaboration tool.

Cons

Gmail attachments make into to the HIVE e-mail interface only about half of the time. Of those that do make it into HIVE about 65% must be downloaded rather than simply read. Hive will read a g.doc via Drive but all other attachments must be downloaded. If you create an action from the Hive e-mail and want to work on the documents that are attached, you would have to download and reattach the the documents to the action card. That renders HIVE e-mail integration about useless if you get a lot of e-mails with attachments. For me Hive is a no go for that reason. But, also because only half of the attachments even make into Hive to begin with.

An effective collaborative tool for managing projects and tasks in detail

As a result of Hive's unique workflow planning and management software suite, the team was able to keep track of all the details and monitor all the tasks, as well as raise the attention on due dates and priorities by each team member and clients on a regular basis.

Pros

Hive allows the development of the team's capabilities to follow up on all projects on one system, as it provides us with enough flexibility to display different information in detail about all our projects independently or at once. Hive, through its capabilities to promote effective communication between team members, enables them to be familiar with all the details of workflow plans and also all...

Cons

Not a lot of complications, Hive is very easy to use and all members can do their jobs directly through it. I just find that Hive needs more automation, especially with regard to updating the start and end dates of missions, also some improvements must be added with regard to search options, because in the current situation we cannot reach accurate results.

Thank you Hive for making our business run seamlessly!

Hive has made communication between our company's team easy. Now, we don't have to constantly call each other, have follow-up meetings, and walk into each other's offices. We can simply log into Hive and see who is doing what. We know when things are due and what needs to be done next. Because of Hive communication is easy so we can focus on getting jobs done for clients and getting them done on time.

Pros

Hive is ridiculously user friendly. I like most how our team can collaborate on different tasks and we all know who is doing what and when. We also know when everything is due and what is to be done next. It makes communication and completing tasks practically effortless. Now we can focus less on the lists and to-do's because of Hive; now, we have more time to focus on actually completing the tasks themselves. Because of Hive, we can get jobs completed for customers on time. I also really like the time clock feature, where we can log our hours for different tasks and clients. Plus, anytime I have questions or troubles, the Hive customer support team is right there, ready to help. I can't rave about Hive enough.

Cons

I honestly have nothing that I least like about this software. It's an amazing product that myself and our company uses every day.

Love Hive!!

Organization, costing, task management. The Hive app and mobile are also awesome!

Pros

We are a small digital marketing firm. We had tried other programs, but Hive had the best package of support, collaboration and work flow!

Cons

Time tracking needs some work, but that is eclipsed by the wonders of version control and mark up of assets prior to approval.

Truly Insightful Project Management for Agencies

Pros

The multiple team and dashboard views are a difference maker for our team, as well as the agency view which helps us anticipate and overcome potential bottlenecks.

Cons

The mobile app is not nearly as robust as the desktop version.

best tool for management projects

my overall experience with the hive is that it is profitable

Pros

What I like about this tool is that it helps to see the weaknesses of our company in terms of management and helps us to improve them.

Cons

what I would like to see again in hive is that the mobile application is full of few features compared to the computer one

Excellent for PM and Collaboration

Pros

Hive makes collaboration and task management easy and efficient with a variety of highly useful features and a good quality UI.

Cons

No major issues experienced with hive so far.

Good and Bad, but Mostly Good

Overall, Hive works for our Marketing team and customer service is exceptional (especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). The biggest frustration is that we tested a few systems and chose Hive because it combined messaging, we liked the look of it, and the ability to link external apps if desired. The ultimate reason we chose Hive, though, was because when tested, projects with a date range for a due...

Pros

For our team of five, the most beneficial features are: ability to assign two people, ability to color code projects, ability to track time within a task, ability to add approvers within a task, direct and group messaging within the app (replaced separate use of Slack), Notes and ability to share them, and the "status" and "table" views for projects.

Cons

For our team, we have had repeat issues with recurring actions not functioning correctly, specifically with auto-snoozing actions and sub actions (even past their due date) as well as due dates when we try to update recurring actions. We shifted our set-up and re-entered all actions at one point to try and workaround the need for a recurring action. We also prefer for actions with a date range for a due date to show up as of the start of that date range so we know how many days we have to work on something, however they show up the day it's due.

Thanks for your review, Lindsey! We're happy to hear that Hive is a helpful tool for your marketing team. Your feedback is also appreciated, and will be passed along to the product team here at Hive. Cheers!

Easy project management

Hive has been a great help in keeping an overview of all the different projects that run simultaneously. Assigning tasks, checking off to-do lists and tracking time is what I use Hive for on a daily basis, and with great pleasure!

Pros

The software is really easy to use - and very friendly to the eyes and mind. I love using the Gantt-chart option when setting up projects, to keep a nice overview of the status of a project. For employees to be able to switch project views is an excellent tool too, because not everyone needs the overview like me.

Cons

What I like least is the way integration with email and Slack is done. It definitely works, and probably like charm knowing the team and the software, but it sits on a rather small portion of the screen and makes the rest of the app a lot smaller, too.

Hi Bram, Thanks for leaving a review of Hive! We're thrilled that you've been loving Gantt. If there's ever anything we can do for you, feel free to reach out at marketing@hive.com Best, The Hive Team

The project management product we were looking for

Pros

We looked at and tested several project management options and had used several in the past. Hive was never on our radar and unfortunately isn't as well known, but we discovered it through the WeWork employee portal and gave it a try. The set up was simple, it offered flexibility in terms of how you view and sort projects. It also allowed us to add external users without paying for a seat. This was...

Cons

I wish there was a native integration with HubSpot, but we're able to get around that with Zapier.

Overall good, can tell quirks are getting worked out as the product grows and evolves.

Overall it has been good. We have watched the program evolve and have definitely noticed improvements in ease of use and functionality. Several questions/ functional issues that I have had and expressed through surveys and chats have been modified/corrected, so it's good to see that the company is actually paying attention to how people are using it.

Pros

-Multiple methods of tracking and organizing projects. -Easy for multiple people to see what needs to be done on a project -timelines make is easy to see where a project is going -chats make it easy to keep shared notes available to everybody -The time tracking feature is a nice addition. We are still getting the hang of using it effectively, but I think it is a good addition.

Cons

-Definitely don't like the new blue expansion boxes in the Gnatt view. Too easy to rename/delete something -Can't see my notes on Hive mobile. -Wish the green "complete" mark bubbles could change color depending on what the status of an item is. -I don't understand why the subactions of a phase don't stay condensed/expanded as I left them, instead of randomly expanding/condensing upon close & reopen...

Nice IU, has awesome apps as add ons.

Great tool, Awesome User interface, wide variety of features. HIVE must try to include individual based pricing for organizations as each user requirements differ in a diverse organization and HIVE could end up losing in this competitive field. HIVE should come up with AI based tools to assist along with its existing project management framework.

Pros

Great user interface. Ease of use, can get started easily, lots of features and add on apps. Add action cards to project via email and assign users to the action card.

Cons

Too expensive. We need to pay the same price for all users, the price of the version with the most apps and features- even if many users may not use those features. That there is no AI based offering, a smart AI based offering that could read the emails and automatically create projects/action cards and assign users to the action cards/projects. We have to manually do that, I think HIVE has the capability to evolve to this point.

Thanks for your review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy using Hive, and that you find our interface so appealing and easy to use. I will make sure to pass along your other feedback about price and AI to the appropriate teams here at Hive. Cheers!

A Great Tool For An Old Dog Who's Still Learning New Tricks

All jobs are run through Hive so we solve all our team productivity, scheduling and asset sharing (not final assets but briefs, notes, schedules, background documents, comps, etc) through the tool. We do not currently use the tool for client interaction, sharing or as an approval mechanism although we would like to.

Pros

I very much like the ablility to integrate IM, email and the productivity capabilities into one tool. It's a fantastic way to keep a 360-degree record of every job.

Cons

I do find that there is a huge learning curve for someone like me. I've been in this business for a long time but have always relied on others in supporting roles like traffic and production. Working for a small company where I am now responsible for everything from strategy to implementation and project management is a big challenge in and of itself. But learning the software on top of that does take...

The appropriate collaborative option for managing various types of projects.

Hive helped us plan our projects more accurately and generate executable work plans that allowed us to follow the implementation stages and adjust tasks more flexibly. I strongly urge everyone to use it and take advantage of its collaborative and remote working features. Support is quick to respond and address difficulties when we have needed it.

Pros

Hive is more user-friendly, and one of the easiest project management platforms to set up and use, all for a low monthly fee. We were able to include customers and stakeholders on the same subscription, which helped us to accurately collect their opinion, especially in the planning stages and development of work schedules. In summary, it is a powerful collaborative tool that keeps everyone informed of project developments and assigns roles fairly, ensuring that all participants contribute according to their expertise.

Cons

Hive is ideal for a wide range of projects and comes at a very reasonable price. It is simple and flexible enough to manage all stages of the project life cycle.

Thank you for leaving this review, Mohammed! Your feedback helps us know what we are doing right and what we can improve on. We are so happy to hear that Hive has been beneficial to your team, and we thank you for being a vital part of the Hive community!

Hive: The app that pulls it altogether

We all love hive from the upper management to the day to day users. It is so great to go through the rundown of projects and see how they are all coming along. Thanks for making such a great piece of software!

Pros

We have a very large team and Hive helps our team stay connected on all of our projects in all different groups. It really keeps us organized and on time.

Cons

There is alot to cover with hive. The team has been helpful with our implementation. I wish that hive could connect with our calendars so that a due date and time can be seen on my calendar on my iphone. That is the one thing we have not yet figured out.

Thanks for your great review, Lee! We love hearing that Hive helps your large team stay connected and organized. We're happy to have you on the Hive team!

Happy Hivers

As a virtual accounting team, we are using Hive not only to document our full range of workflow processes and procedures, but also as an audit trail. Hive keeps us on task and on point with client commitments, and has helped us collaborate with each other more effectively. Internal emails are almost non-existent now w/ the Hive messaging and commenting tools. We looked at all the options out there and were impressed with how Hive seems to bring the best of each project management platform to bear. It has been a gamechanger for us.

Pros

Love the clean, bright interface, the options for data/project organization and visual representation, and stellar customer support - especially during onboarding. Hive messaging is also really slick (we no longer use Slack) and the platform's Giphy integration makes for some fun times for our virtual team.

Cons

There are some quirks which we have discussed at length with the development team - most notably the inability to create dependent tasks within project actions that recur. We hear they are working on it, though. And our direct contact with support is a main reason we love Hive.

Hive Taken to the next level

Hive has been a great help managing sales orders, manufacturing processes, quality inspections right down to shipments. It provides MFT with a live overview of all the various projects running simultaneously by assigning travelers, tasks, additional notes, check off lists all on a daily basis.

Pros

Know Hive is a Project Management tool MFT has taken it to the next level. We use Hive to following the manufacturing process from start to finish. As the Quality Manager, I use Hive to track scheduled fabrication on a daily basis. As orders are generated, the fabrication process is tracked throughout the build, to completion. Quality inspections are reported, and documented, then uploaded results so the team can review results. At this point, the jobs are tagged as complete and moved to the next step which is packing and shipping.

Cons

As sales orders are generated, they are inputted into Hive along with all applicable documents, PO#, drawings, travelers and additional notes is needed. Hive use to be able to open a Autocad file or Solidworks file, but now, the drawing file has to be downloaded then opened. This is an extra step we didnt have to do in the past. The recent update eliminated the ability to open these files from Hive.

Hi Glenn! Apologies for the inconvenience. We've set to work righting this error and you should be back to normal within the week. Thanks again!

"One of the most functional software for project managers and entrepreneurs."

The best thing and the most productive benefit of the hive are that it can alter anything into an engaging task. Thus, with the multiple features and simple interface, this software is bringing a wide range of work opportunities. Hence, to be on track you need such easy-to-use software with the best integration and drag plus drop attributes. In short, the hive is one of the most functional software for entrepreneurs and other users. The easy-to-use keys and appealing dashboard make it quite interesting for users to work. Thus, bring it one and enjoy the unlimited proactive tools.

Pros

As quoted, this is one of the best and first management platforms supporting democracy. So, this software manages the whole working schedule very well for the users. Thus, you will regulate the timings and working strategies with the help of this tool. Hive helps in the engaging audience and provides productivity with collaborative teamwork.

Cons

Having no problem is a problem. So, when it comes to hives then a lot of users complain about the notifications that don't pop up while working. Thus, there are many analytical report generation and buffering issues that customers encounter.

Great for Project Management and Planning

I have been able to create and implement my goals and achieve my deadlines successfully.

Pros

I'm a self-employed individual user. I found Hive in a search for a software that could be easily used by individual to manage deadlines, projects, and future goal planning all on one platform, with interweaving timeline features. Most softwares don't accommodate individual users, but Hive does!

Cons

No, Hive is very easy to use and has helped me organize my business very well.

Hi Morgan, Thanks for your kind words, we're glad you're enjoying your Hive experience. If you ever need anything from the Hive team, please reach out to marketing@hive.com. Best, The Hive Team

We love Hive!

Hive has allowed us to seamlessly connect, communication, collaborate between our team members, while being organized and efficient.

Pros

This software has helped us streamline our operations - allowing our team of designers and project managers to communicate and work on projects collaboratively and seamlessly. It helps us all be on the same page and ensures that we get our projects done on time.

Cons

We have no cons to report. Any issues we have with the software are related to organization and user set up. For example, if one doesn't check their "flagged items" daily, then they back up, which is a problem but it's on the user.

Hive Keeps Us Organized

Very satisfied and very positive! If you need a project management tool I would 100% recommend Hive. If you have a management tool and are also using a chat app like google hangouts or Slack I'd make the switch to house it all in one place.

Pros

Besides the obvious project management features that Hive excels at and that our team uses daily, the biggest gamechanger (and one I didn't expect when we launched Hive to be so impactful) is the chat function. For companies or groups who employ other apps like Slack, Hive offers a more streamlined place to hold all of your conversations in the same platform you manage and keep track of your work. It's been a huge boost for our team to have group and individual chats.

Cons

Hive is still making changes and updates to its platform. This is typically a benefit as we appreciate working with a platform that is always seeking to optimize and improve. However there has been a few bugs due to updates that have limited access into the platform for a small amount of time (less than an hour). The issue is usually resolved quickly but it does set us back if and when it happens.

Thanks for your great review, Nate! We're happy to hear you enjoy using Hive. We are always working to improve the platform and launch new features with minimal impact on our users. Your feedback is appreciated and will be passed along to the product team. Thanks for being a part of the Hive family!

Great for productivity and task tracking at mass

Overall, Hive was a great addition to the team. We used to do daily catchups with the stakeholders, which honestly wasted a lot of time in total for the whole team. With Hive, not only are we able to streamline work, it is also accountable and saves times by reducing needs for constant catchups on a daily basis. Anytime a stakeholder needs an idea of where the project is going, all that needs to be done is to login to Hive.

Pros

Easy to use, many different views and ways to personalize the UI to suit each person's needs. Notifications are great to also help track tasks and ensure completion of tasks amongst the team is done well. Hive is great for small teams with large, repetitive tasks that needs to be tracked on multiple steps, which is what exactly my team has been using it for. All in all good experience, has helped cut down the need or daily catchups as all stakeholders can easily see project status and update project details quickly as well

Cons

No way to track version history. We have a rouge person who keeps randomly deleting our templates in the organisation. Hive has no way to track things like these however. Also, I have used other project management softwares, and a lack of a desktop app or a addon (meaning you have to always open a tab to get the notifications) is a bit of a bummer