Productboard Reviews

Pros

Productboard is customizable and has a lot of features built-in (Drivers, Objectives) to help you prioritize and plan effectively. It has a portal for intake and the ability to save views is helpful.

JG

Jaskaran G.

Great for productivity, clean and intuitive user interface, love that they continuously improve by requesting new feature adds from users.

JW

Joy W.

It has smart features that accomplish things other products or spreadsheets never could. The ability to link and adjust different views for different audiences is very helpful.

MN

MELANIE N.

Cons

Miss an integration with Gitlab. Pretty weak on the customer feedback management.

TG

Timoté G.

The upvoting features can be difficult to use.

TB

Tess B.

Giving Product Managers much needed structure

Pros

- All the tools you would want as a product manager (user research collection, prioritization, feedback dashboards). - Fantastic UX that's very simple to use. - Great scoring mechanisms - Integrations are getting stronger!

Cons

I've been a long time user so most of the things I liked least are start to/have been fixed. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I like the least? Perhaps having more browser based extensions for users to submit feedback? Currently limited to Chrome.

This tool has quickly become integral to our product process.

We were able to set up a repeatable, teachable process for centralizing, processing, sharing, and incorporating feedback in order to make valuable evidence based product decisions.

Pros

The Insights section is the most efficient tool I have found for parsing feedback from all of the sources we have. From in-app feedback, internal feedback, to customer interviews, and field observation notes, we can capture it all in one place and take out actionable insights. We use this to build a case for evidence based product decisions that come from the voice of the customer.

Cons

We have a lot of data about our sources in SalesForce that we would like to use to help evaluate the feedback. We want to make sure that other attributes like Customer Success Score, NPS, and ARR are taken into account when weighing feature priority. A SalesForce integration would make that part of the app much more valuable.

Use it everyday and I love it

We are using it to sort and manage all of our customer feedback into categories which has been great since we get dozens of feedback a week in all types of categories.

Pros

It is really easy to use and navigate around. When I was first introduced to this, it took me no time to pick it up and get used to everything on the platform. It's so great at organizing. Would not know what to do without this!

Cons

I have been using this for 7 months now and I don't have a single thing that I can think of that I don't like about it.

Product Roadmapping Made Easy

Overall, our experience has been fantastic. It has changed the way that we discuss and digest our Product Roadmap.

Pros

It was not until we started utilizing Productboard that we were able to visually see our Product Roadmap come to life. We were previously attempting to see this through JIRA, but prefer the customization of Productboard much more.

Cons

So far, we have yet to find any major gripes. My only request so far has been the ability to adjust timeframes for Sub-Features.

Put in place our product management process and productBoard is a perfect fit!

It has helped us a lot driving our roadmap and is now mission critical.

Pros

The way it helps driving data driven product management, with really easy ways to collect the information and choose what to do ... plus the customer support is just amazing

Cons

Not working well on iPad ... but really that's all. Also a webhook and better zapier integration would help.

Fantastic full-flow product tool

Pros

Handles and automates the flow of data from customers to features to roadmap planning.

Cons

Would be great to use for planning what the team is working on on a weekly basis.

Most customizable solution we've tried

Pros

Cons

The integrations, especially to software development workflows, are limited (Github). It doesn't replace project planning/tracking software unfortunately.

Great tool to keep PMs organized

Pros

- Sleek UI - Easy to use features and functionalities - Like that features export directly to a roadmap - Portal submission allows internal and external users to easily submit feedback

Cons

- There is some redundancy of the way a feature can be "scored" - Wish there were more integrations (with Jira, Phabricator, etc)

Productboard

Pros

I like that it gives you a lot of options as a product manager. Much better than to use spreadsheets. It's a great tool for conducting your work as a PM.

Cons

In certain areas, I think I would like to have a bit more flexibility in editing certain things.

Productboard has been a gamechanger

This tool, while it is lacking some features we would love to leverage has greatly increased ability for our company to search, store and leverage our customer's insights.

Pros

Love the features board where I can see and view all insights. Love the addition of being able to communicate with customers.

Cons

Lack of API Lack of automations Lack of reporting.

A good prioritization Product management software

Very positive experience, I use it almost daily and also to weekly check the developments. Would add a progress bar or % on the tasks to better indicate the status.

Pros

Very visual, it's easy to understand how to use the tool and also to absorb what you are seeing as a user if the tasks are already organized.

Cons

Takes some time to understand how to handle all the options, the organization of the tasks is quite easy but the other options are a little bit counter-intuitive.

Easy to capture the best ideas for your product

It has helped me develop a strong process for product.

Pros

Product Board allows me to capture all ideas from my users/customers and prioritize them with complex scoring drivers and weight them differently by product. It allows me to objectively decide what is the best feature to focus on and illustrate that decision with metrics.

Cons

Somewhat expensive, I'd like all people in my organization to be using it but we have to limit it to essential users.

Nearly great?

It was used to manage features and rollout of iOS and web applications.

Pros

We've used PB on and off for several years. It's promise is great - keeping track of requests, features, and requirements is an incredible need on complex builds, and JIRA is a nightmare for that. But PB only delivers partially on that promise.

Cons

I want to like this product, but it seems to copy so much from Jira that it becomes a second silo of features and requirements. And we already have Jira for that. The timeline and forecasting tools are weak and inflexible, the UI is sufficiently complex as to be unusable by team members that don't use it daily (making collaboration harder, just like Jira). We eventually churned and returned to spreadsheets, it wasn't as collaborative as hoped, and not as necessary as Jira.

Visualizes our Product Roadmap

Overall its very easy to use and helps our company understand what the goals are.

Pros

We used to use Airtable and Product Board has been a great switch and we can see the roadmap much easier now. Product Board takes our ideas and makes them actionable.

Cons

The upvoting features can be difficult to use. We still use Jira for the actual tracking of the engineering work that needs to get done so I wish that some of the Jira features were in product board so we didn't need two solutions.

Great partner for product managers

The tool is a great partner to handle in the same place the customer's and user's insights, and the features to consider or develop for the product.

Pros

Easy to use the platform to handle insights and transform them into features. Good to prioritize with effort vs value, and translate that info into Roadmap views to share with other stakeholders.

Cons

We would love to have more flexibility on how to build the formula for scoring features.

Great software for doing product in a better way!

We are focusing much more on customers and their pains & we have a much easier time communicating internally about the customer impact of each idea. We have a better way to share insights, prioritize work & communicate it externally & internally.

Pros

Oversight & flexibility of the views and filters. It really helps you to work in a variety of ways.

Cons

The set up requires thought & can be hard to change once you get started

productboard such an easy tool!

Very easy to use from a user perspective. I only contribute things and review things within the boards of our organization but overall I really like the transparency and visual alignment it allows for to group subjects or items together.

Pros

It's very easy to use for both a user and from a client standpoint. I'm on our biz dev team and based on conversations we have, we add needs or gaps to the feature roadmap. Very easy to add notes directly within or to send emails to a specified address that automatically adds them into productboard.

Cons

A little cumbersome when searching for content. I will search for items that I know are in the board and no results come up. I'm sure it's just a semantics issue most of the time though!

A revolution inside

Experience fluid about this tool, many promises, easy to sale for team members and third parties

Pros

This tool organize everything about product : features and insights It's very powerfull to help us to know what to do

Cons

Warning about the visious pricing model...

Strongly recommend

Pros

Collect and organize insights from sales, customer support, and customer interviews Build a roadmap and share it with the teams and stakeholders The blog is a ​very good and qualitative learning resource for new PMs.

Cons

It might be challenging to keep your team in the loop as they don't get email notifications about updates on the boards. You will have to @-tag every person in comments.

Loving it

Productboard has definitely been transformational for our product management team.

Pros

There are three things that productboard really helped me a lot. First, it created a workflow for us to process customer feedback. The 'select text from customer feedback / assign to a feature / prioritise' workflow is super helpful. It's easy to use and fast - I can process a lot of customer messages really quickly. Second, after a period of use we now have a map of all the features that our product has. This is in itself a nice bonus. It helps us to see the structure of the product and allows us to identify areas ripe for improvements. Third, it helped us collect feedback from our users via the product portal. This enables our users to have a voice and shape the product roadmap directly.

Cons

I find it hard to distinguish between objectives and drivers. Perhaps consolidating to one would make sense. It would also be great if they could add a way to collect NPS score from the users or run other quick surveys.

Recommended!

Pros

Properly ordered and categorized user feedback. So we can make the right choice in what to build (and what not). The connected portal generates even more feedback and is automatically categorized.

Cons

The unconventional user layout is highly flexible but comes with a (small) learning curve. It takes a little time figuring out.

Amazing Product Management Tool

Massively helps with collaboration among product team members, client-facing portal feedback, insight tracking

Pros

Capturing customer feedback and tracing it against product roadmap items

Cons

Search functionality should be expanded to comments and other subfeature sections. It is a bit annoying managing all your saved filter views

Built for exactly what a product manager needs

- Organization - Clarity

Pros

They nailed it out of the part when designing the process that this software facilitates. It helps you fight through the noise and helps you aggregates and sort through feedback in a way that is friendly and very human centered. Productboard is simple and straight forward and has all of the major needs for a product manager: Feedback and note aggregation, prioritization and planning, and customer communication.

Cons

There are a few UI quirks that they still need to work on, but honestly they nail the general concept so well. With any tool like this, it takes a lot of time to input data to get started, but there is nothing they could do about that.

Good to have for a small product management team

Awesome

Pros

Views and Project Management are excellent. Right from the onboard to user experience is superb

Cons

User Research module can be improved. Direct integration of users

Great tool to centralise user feedback

Productboard has been great for us to centralise our user feedback and transform it in real, actionable insights.

Pros

Great tool to centralise user feedback, great and flexible usability

Cons

Could improve relating feedback to features beyond simple user impact, such as prioritisation by market segments. I know this feature is being built atm though.