TMetric Logo

Reliable time tracker for teams of any size.

TMetric Reviews

Suggested alternatives

harvest
connecteam
rippling

It's perfect for a small service business like mine. But my absolute favorite feature is the ability to use the timer to start/stop/start project work on the fly.
I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win.
The ease of tracking consultants time by project and activity through great reporting capabilities.
One thing it was a bit confusing at the beginning was the total time balance. We couldn’t figure out how to change it or if you wanted to work more than X hours one day, it gave you an error.
Lack of API integration with other IT systems.

Adrian G.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

TMetric from the perspective of a Python developer

Our main business problem is managing remote work. TMetric allows me to do that easily and transparently.

Pros

I like the fact that there are so many features! The add-on for Firefox is very solid. This allows me to create tasks from within Asana for example. I like the fact that I can easily track my time working.

Cons

It's a bit intrusive sometimes, but this can be configured.

SS

Samuel S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Best timetracker I've found

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pros

App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Cons

It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

PP

Philangenkosi P.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Capturing Multiple Projects

Hi there, I found Tmetric simply, time conservation, affordable and very friendly consultants, in fact the best I've ever experienced. But what I would like to do on Tmetric is to add time manually for multiple projects at the same time on average if that can be possible. Many Thanks, Phila Maphumulo

Pros

Simply and affordable

Cons

nothing I can think of right now

MM

Melanie M.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Great time tracker for freelance work

This is a great value for freelancers. When I realized the integration with quickbooks was not going to work in my particular set up I tried other free time trackers and quickly decided to just pay for TMetric even though I couldn't get the integration.

Pros

I like the ability to segment hours by client and then also tag the time with separate attributes that I can use to track certain projects within a customers work scope.

Cons

I originally chose this software for the ability to integrate with Quickbooks as a way to streamline my invoicing process each month. When I struggled with the integration I quickly realized I would have to upgrade my quickbooks account to take advantage of this feature.

Thanks a lot for the review, Melanie. We appreciate your point of view. If you struggle with such problems again, please, read more here https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/invoicing-with-quickbooks-online or write to our support team support@tmetric.com

Design, self-employed

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Pros

One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Keeping Time

I have had a super positive experience after deciding to actually use the product ALL THE TIME!

Pros

The history shows the applications I was using. This helps keep me working and helps me understand how I spend the day.

Cons

The desktop app is not as polished as some other macOS apps

Thanks a lot for your time and review.

khadija t.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

TMetric

We are a team of 5 members and we use Tmetric in the management of tasks, following the agile Scrum method

Pros

- Tmetric gives the possibility to know the work of the team and to follow up quickly - We can connect Tmetric with the tasks of TFS - easy interface for run/stop a task - Tmetric can run on Windows, Android, iOS

Cons

I have not encountered anything I dislike

Thanks Khadija for the review. Your opinion is very important to us.

Design, 1-10 employees

Good experience for the whole team

The cost-benefit is really good, this platform has a good price and delivers what it promises. There are functions that can improve, but for sure the performance of my work team has improved a lot with the use of TMetric!

Pros

The product is very easy to use. This interface is nice and the reports really contribute to my work. The integration with Trello was great, as we were already used to using this tool. The extension of browsers like Google Chrome and Opera was very well evaluated by the team.

Cons

In my opinion, the usability of the android app can improve. It is good, it fulfills the functionalities, but the user experience could be better applied. Sometimes I feel a little lost when I use the app.

Thanks for your feedback! We will carefully review it.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

My essential tool for time management.

Pros

As a photographer time management is very important in my profession. Tmetric helps me to manage all my project and deliver them timely. Most of my projects are based on fixed fees, and there is a new option to charge if set fee par project. It solves a problem with non-billable projects and helps me to keep an eye on my earning. I must appreciate the reporting because it helps me to get an estimated time for my task. An Android application helps me to keep an eye on my ongoing project without any PC. Cross-platform capabilities help me to work efficiently. Now I am more organised than ever.

Cons

I didn't understand how the tags work. Searching with tags but it didn't work for me. A more in-depth search would be a better implication.

Thanks for the review. We've made tags section in the "Help", take a look: https://tmetric.com/help/workspace-management/managing-tags-and-work-types/

Paolo C.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

A great tool for getting project metrics!

Pros

I am using the free version from a few months now and I am impressed with the quality of this tool. I work for myself, and TMetric is a great application to figure out how to bill my different customers.

Cons

I don't see any cons. I am using the free version, and even this version is a very good tool for my purpose.

Thank you for the feedback, Paolo. Your opinion is important for us.

AG

Alys G.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Simple, easy time tracking

Does exactly what I need and would highly recommend

Pros

I loved how easy this software was to set up and how I can easily track the time each task takes using the Chrome extension on my browser

Cons

It took some time to get my time estimates manually transferred from my old software, but the team did eventually sort this and it has worked perfectly since

SB

Stacey B.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Time tracking for working from home.

Used for tracking time on projects while working from home during the pandemic. Exported the weekly reports to CSV for minor formatting before sending to supervisor. Using the android app integrates smoothly so I see a consistent interface and time log from either the app or the web interface.

Pros

Interface is extremely intuitive whether web or app based. Provides simple time tracking and reporting for individual use as well as enterprise wide. Free with basic features for up to 5 users. Manual time tracking is easy to get started, just add a time entry, enter a description and start time. Hit the play button and the timer will start. Hit the stop button when you are done with the task and...

Cons

If I need to add a new task, it assumes that the task starts at the end of the last task. The software works on assumption that you don't take breaks in between tasks.

Hello, Stacey! Many thanks for your feedback.

PL

Pauline L.

Research, self-employed

Great affordable, well-integrated, easy-to-use time tracking system

I have used TMetric to track my time completing client projects for the past 3 years as a solo freelancer. My clients require me to report time in other time tracking tools such as Everhour or Freshbooks, but TMetric is my favorite and I have established all my projects and tasks here. It is easy to set up and has a beautiful, Google-like UI. It is easy to add or edit time. The reporting feature allows you to customize the reported metrics on various levels and for various timespans.

Pros

As a solo freelancer that has to report her time to multiple clients, TMetric saves me time by saving my time! Love the interface - it's minimal but has an appealing and approachable UI that reminds me of current Google apps/websites. So many integrations - Gmail, Asana, Office, and now Quickbooks! I love being able to simply click the Tmetric button while in an email or on an Asana task to start tracking...

Cons

I wish I could easily set hours tracked to round to the closest 15 minute interval. Sometimes I wish I could add time in the future in case I know I will work on something and want to set out my projected time ahead of time. A nice feature to have in the future would be to compare one time period vs a previous time period (like in Google Analytics).

Thanks Pauline for your feedback! We appreciate it and will take it into account.

TH

Tim H.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

A real time and money saver.

With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Pros

Time tracking is easy with TMetric- it provides helpful reminders to start tracking, pause tracking and switch tasks, which can help users keep their tracking accurate. The software use reports (optional) helps give clients and administrators additional peace of mind that the time logged is accurate and focused time. Linking to Quickbooks is a real time-saver, enabling time to be easily and accurately invoiced. With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Cons

Some of the user interfaces is slightly out-dated in the desktop app, but this does not impact use, and the web-app is easy and clean to use.

Thanks for the review, Tim! We will further improve our application.

EJ

Elizabeth J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Simple, easy, effective

Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Pros

I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Cons

Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

Thanks for your trust, Elizabeth.

AF

ALEXANDER F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Manage team members' hours on company projects

It integrates my personal and team workflow considerably well, making it easy to categorize time and keep all project tasks on time.

Pros

• Integration with several fermenters that we use as Jira and Tello. • Has the function of exporting to spreadsheets in .csv format. • Provides mobile application. • Very good cost benefit. • It has great usability and option to use tags. • It makes it much easier to track my team's work.

Cons

Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated. Exporting reports to Google Drive takes a little bit of work. Navigating through different tasks is a little bad. At first, I found it difficult to visualize the time that my colleagues took on each project.

Thanks for your review! We're working hard to meet the users' requirements. If you have questions in the process of using the product, please contact our support and we will quickly fix it. And we are happy to accept comments about the navigation of the interface, as we always listen to our customers point of view and try to make TMetric as convenient as possible.

XW

Xander W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Time tracking essentials without the bloat

After another free time tracking app we used completely overhauled their UI in favour of providing lots of features we didn't really need, we went to look for an alternative solution. We stumbled upon TMetric, a new time tracking app seemingly still in its early stages. This is great because the team behind it clearly focused on the essentials first without bloating the software with feature creep....

Pros

Very simple and intuitive, visual timeline for your worklogs and breaks

Cons

Billing rates are very basic (only one rate for your account and a team member rate)

PW

Pawel W.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Really recomend!

Pros

Tmetric made the simplest time tracking. We can track every single minute,.

Cons

A little expensive just for simple software

AN

Attila N.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Helped me to spend less time on accounting

I have to account for my time amongst some projects and report back times spent. TMetric's browser plugin makes this accounting a very easy and time-saving effort.

Pros

The best part is multi-device integrations, you can use your phone and browser plugin and they are all in sync. I also like that the browser plugin can fetch data from the current context (like adding a button to a Jira ticket and filling up everything when you click on that). Hm, no, the best part is for basic accounting the free version is enough. And if you need more features, you can always opt-in to the paid plans. But frankly, the existence of the free option made me to start using it.

Cons

It would be nice if the browser plugin (firefox) could do search as you type (for searching past tasks).

Attila, thanks for your honest feedback. This feature is already available in TMetric.

MG

Marijan G.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Perfect tracking solution

I had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app. Everytime I submitted and tried to contact the support they were friendly and patched things up real quick- Even though I was a free user. I wouldn't trade this app for the world!

Pros

There is a lot that TMetric has to offer but for me two things stand out: 1. The ability to track time: you have various plugins (desktop,in browser) or you can just go to your in app and track tiime. Also it even easier to track time with various tools: asana, jira,trello etc. It adds a task name also so you don't have to bother with that 2. Reporting: The reports are great. When I send my clients the reports on the end of the month they are very pleased. also it is great overview to monitor your self progress.

Cons

The when having subtasks on Trello it would be usefull to get the names of the parent task as well as the subtask

We appreciate your point of view. Thanks for the feedback. We'll take it into account.

DL

Daniel L.

Design, 501-1,000 employees

Indispensable Tool for Intuitive Time Tracking

Pros

It’s extremely easy to use. It also behaves in intuitive ways, like adding breaks which, by default, automatically end at the time you press the button.

Cons

I don’t use all the bells and whistles, and the pro version may be leas affordable for teams which are small and still trying to get funding, but it’s nonetheless a great product. The staff also works with you to extend trials in extenuating circumstances. They’re great people.

Thank you for the review, Daniel. Your opinion is important for us.

NC

Nathalie C.

Computer Software, self-employed

Highly Recommend

Pros

Perfect solution for all companies in any industry. Easy to implement and manage. Easy access for employees.

Cons

Price is an issue especially since Quickbooks took it over. Should be included with Quickbooks and possibly kept as a stand alone price for individuals without QBO.

Thanks for your review. We don't plan to incorporate with Quickbooks pricing. Our application is independent and will be so.

AM

Ana M.

Education Management, self-employed

Time is money

Pros

* Keeping track of my time lets me know how much to charge my clients * Easy integration to all the software tools I use. * Intuitive interface * Frequent updates * Easy reporting * Full features in the free version

Cons

All features of the program are easy to learn. There is no cons I can detect from it.

Thank you for the reply, Ana. We appreciate your point of view.

SB

Sergey B.

Program Development, self-employed

Best application for life!

only the best experience

Pros

I use this application every day, it saves a lot of time in evaluating working hours. 1. It is very easy to get a report. 2. You always feel the time. 3. Focuses on work.

Cons

Did not find such. This is truly the best app I've ever met in my life. I recommended!

Thank you for the review, Sergey. Your opinion is important for us.

OF

Ovidiu F.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time

Pros

TMetric integrates very well with all tools that we use (email, jira, bitbucket, trello, etc). It is the best choice regarding tracking tasks coming from customers on concurrent channels and aggregate them into a single invoice for the customer. It has also idle detection and open end timer detection which is very helpful for us. Since we use TMetric, we invoice the customer in time and we pay freelancers always in time. Which is a great plus!

Cons

I would like to have better XML/CSV/JSON export for the invoices and reports. Have in mind that not everyone is using QuickBooks.

Thanks for your feedback. We'll discuss an export issue.