TMetric Reviews

TMetric

Friendly and simple time tracker for teams of any size.

4.53/5 (235 reviews)

Pros
  • I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.Charlotte N.Read the full review
  • Ve been using T-Metric for months, and it has been my go-to time-tracking software. It is currently offered for free so its value for money is superb.Daniel L.Read the full review
Cons
  • Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated.ALEXANDER F.Read the full review
  • Adding time in a missing time period. Which is confusing some times.Paurakh S.Read the full review
  • I had a couple of very small problems with it within my years of using the app.Marijan G.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Tammi Oldknow

I NEED THIS... and LOVE it

Reviewed 2019-08-19

I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Pros
I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Cons
I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

Response from Devart

Thanks for your trust, Tammi.

Jonathan Nies

Easy to use and customize time tracking tool

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Cons
The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

Response from Devart

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your point of view. Both the desktop and web application have become more steady.

Michelle Lonsinger

Essential software for a consultant with multiple clients & tasks

Reviewed 2020-07-15

I'm spending much less time on invoicing and time tracking than I used to---MUCH less. Used to take me an hour or two monthly to sort everything out and bill clients. Now I'm done in about 10 minutes, tops.

Pros
I love the ease of creating and starting timers for tasks, and that the software takes care of everything. I click to start a timer, click to end a timer--I don't have to think about the details until I choose an invoice to create, and those timed tasks then auto-magically appear on the right invoice. I can't believe I used to do all of this in spreadsheets! :O

Cons
Figuring where things are the first time took a small bit of time, but the online help streamlined the process.

Response from Devart

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

Anonymous

A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

Reviewed 2019-04-26

I've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX. The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?

Pros
I like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do. I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.

Cons
It often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time. The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM! The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately. It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?

Response from Devart

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to meet the users' requirements.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Melanie Merz

Great time tracker for freelance work

Reviewed 2020-07-15

This is a great value for freelancers. When I realized the integration with quickbooks was not going to work in my particular set up I tried other free time trackers and quickly decided to just pay for TMetric even though I couldn't get the integration.

Pros
I like the ability to segment hours by client and then also tag the time with separate attributes that I can use to track certain projects within a customers work scope.

Cons
I originally chose this software for the ability to integrate with Quickbooks as a way to streamline my invoicing process each month. When I struggled with the integration I quickly realized I would have to upgrade my quickbooks account to take advantage of this feature.

Response from Devart

Thanks a lot for the review, Melanie. We appreciate your point of view. If you struggle with such problems again, please, read more here https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/invoicing-with-quickbooks-online or write to our support team support@tmetric.com

Samantha Groff

Time Tracking Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-08-19

We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Pros
I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Cons
What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

Response from Devart

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Phillip Lanos

Worth it and it's seamless.

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2019-08-19

Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Pros
I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Cons
It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

Response from Devart

Thank you for your time and review, Phillip.

Marcos Cortecero

my sepia review

Reviewed 2020-07-15

It's easy to use and It helps to see how much time your team spend un each Project and each tag

Pros
The time tracking, It helps a lot and I like too the easy to use the platform, although the usability can be improved.

Cons
The reports, i would like It to be more peronalized

Response from Devart

Thanks for your feedback, Marcos.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Fellipe Dias

The best cost-benefit timesheet software

Reviewed 2020-07-15

I'm loving my experience.

Pros
The easy usage, appearance and multiple plataforms (pc, app, online).

Cons
There are some minor bugs in using the software, but the records remain saved.

Response from Devart

Thank you, Fellipe, for your feedback.

Jasmine M. Platt

Absolutely a time saver

Reviewed 2020-07-15

It’s fairly easy to use, not a whole lot of thinking involved. I absolutely love it.

Pros
It tracks my activity and I’m able to add breaks where I see fit to ensure I’m charging the client for work conducted.

Cons
I would love the ability to send the client my activity log and show them where I inserted breaks an such.

Response from Devart

Thank you for the review! Here you can find information about how to invite a client representative https://tmetric.com/help/workspace-management/collaborating-with-your-clients

Sagar Patel

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient and Productive

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-07-17

I can see the demanding, bright and shining future of this productive tool. The product has been helping me a lot. It saves time and energy. That means, less efforts and more productivity. I trust and recommend this product.

Pros
1. The activity feature… 2. Auto suggesting options to fill… 3. We can treat Idle time as a break in one click… Really loved that “Add as a break” option… 4. Automatic adjustment of time entries. E.g. when I add a new time entry and if it is overwriting (overriding, overlapping) an existing entry, the app will split the existing time entry into two (before and after segments) and will allocate the new time entry a space in between. This saves a lot of user interactions, time and energy. 5. Export report as pdf file feature 6. Ability and flexibility of bulk edit

Cons
Missing: 1. That “i” hover description in reports and entries also. 2. Android App and Desktop App are not user friendly like the web app. 3. Floating action button in webApp for adding a time entry/task quickly. 4. WebApp: Unable to select multiple tags while typing in tag area. 5. Ability to add tags in Android app 6. In the Android app: Reports -> last row (e.g. when current date is between 26 to 31) is covered by the apply button. So, no way to select the end date or last couple of days for the report. 7. Group by project and Sort by duration options in My time (time) screen in addition to sequential (order-wise) entries. 8. Timer (customized timer, alarm with description) option along with each time entry… Sometimes we take a break after 25 minutes and sometimes, after 40 minutes of focus… 9. No widget in android for quick time entry. 10. Line graph for a particular project so that we can observe and analyze any increase or decrease in time spent for the project easily. 11. Current task name with time instead of today time balance in chrome tab title. 12. Dynamic project creation. If it is a new project, we have to first create a project and only then we can create a time entry… 13. Dynamic tag creation (if the tag is not available) while we type in the task. 14. Sort by time configuration and description in pdf report. 15. Bookmark entries and tags 16. Group of tags 17. Time entry suggestions so that we don't have to write

Daniel Parsons

Helps me stay organized

Reviewed 2020-07-15

I often split my time across multiple projects and tasks. TMetric helps me keep everything organized so I can be sure I'm submitting my time to the right clients. It also helps me make sure I'm keeping my hours in the range of 40/wk, and not going notably over or under.

Pros
One of the big things that led to picking TMetric over others is the ability to toggle between tasks so easily by just restarting an existing task. Other similar software makes you stop the previous task first, which just feels clunky and irritates me. I also like the flexibility of various reports. I use most of them when I sort out my time for the week.

Cons
I wish I could customize the timeframe on the Time Entry page for its calculation of how many hours you are ahead/behind. It's based on the current month, and sometimes the new month starts mid-week, so it makes it hard to see at a glance how the week is. It would be nice if the notes about a time entry could be a paragraph box, and if those could be per-project per-day. I have to enter my final time entry for the week into another application for my boss, and if I write up my timesheet notes in TMetric, it's a pain to get them into a single paragraph. So I make TMetric notes super short/simple and my real notes are in OneNote.

Response from Devart

Thank you for your feedback, we will read your wishes carefully.

Marie Johnson

Great but missing features

Reviewed 2019-08-22

Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Pros
So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours to each employee but it doesn’t do burn sheets so again I need another tool. As for tracking time it’s just okay. It’s great when it work automatically on the computer. It does a great job at tracking idle time but tends to crash when in a project monitoring activity. While all apps crash the issue is you don’t know this one has because it’s hidden until you want to do a different task and then you’ve lost all your tracking. Oh there is a feature to allow customers access but I would never do that without the ability to configure it to show the customer what I want

Cons
Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

Response from Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Charlotte Nystrom

Great for freelancers! Works well.

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Pros

Cons
The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

Response from Devart

Thanks for the review. We'll take it into account.

Anonymous

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Pros
One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Cons
I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Response from Devart

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

Ron Plante

TMetric has improved my overall productivity and speed of billing

Reviewed 2020-07-15

Been using for about 18-19 months, and is has greatly improved my productivity, my ability to manage clients and projects, and GREATLY expedites my billing process and overall time spent tracking and billing time. These days, I'm click click done, instead of compiling time on spreadsheets or even trying to remember what I'm working on. I'm focusing more on the work and less on tracking it all.

Pros
The features it offers are robust enough to support a basic production environment (clients, projects, adjustable billing rates, compatibility with other software), yet is much easier and simple to use than some highly robust and involved enterprise billing systems. It's perfect for a small service business like mine. But my absolute favorite feature is the ability to use the timer to start/stop/start project work on the fly. I can bounce from project to project and simply use the timers to track the work over the course of a hectic day.

Cons
Earlier on, there were some features that seemed a bit under developed, but those features have been upgraded and evolved, and has much improved an already good software. (i.e. client icons/avatars)

Response from Devart

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

Leon Troitski

The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Pros
As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial tasks. The reports are really nice. I use submit them together with the invoice to the respective clients, making my month's work transparent to them. The application is very intuitive. You see only what you really need. You have type-ahead suggestions for new tasks based on what you have already entered in the past. There are some team functionalities, which I don't use as a freelancer, but which could be pretty useful if you work in team. The app runs comfortably synchron on any device.

Cons
The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

Response from Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will improve our application.

Stacy Maguire

Good value for the price.

Reviewed 2020-07-15

Overall it's been pretty easy to use and does what I need it to do. I would recommend it. Great value for the cost.

Pros
I really like the reports function. You can see time, billing, and other details in many different ways. Easy to use and gives insights you might not otherwise be able to see. You can add really detailed info about time entries. Integrates with trello nicely.

Cons
If I a click a project as billable after the project has been started any time spent on the project before that is not counted as billable. Only the admin can click something as billable which is a problem because sometimes I want the designers to enter projects but they can't unless I give them admin status. If they enter it then I have to go back click all their time as billable. There are a couple things I wish it did. Project management like trello, clock-in/clock-out per person and allow them to record time on individual projects through the day, better CRM there's no field for client phone numbers, email or details.

Response from Devart

Thanks for the feedback!
Here you can find the information on how to mark time as invoiced https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/how-to-mark-time-as-invoiced-without-creating-an-invoice

Samuel Stevenson

Best timetracker I've found

Reviewed 2019-08-05

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pros
App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Cons
It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Response from Devart

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Joshua Ede

The only time keeping software I'll ever use!

Reviewed 2017-02-21

When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time. I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day? The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times. After trialing a large amount of software and solutions on the market I started using TMetric and have had my best time management experience. Not only do I now keep a time log of my work but I can also analyse my time history and provide my employer with instant reports within seconds based on my key words (Tags) and/or Project and/or Client. The amount of options is amazing. I have submitted development requests and have seen some of my great ideas developed within Tmetrics online application. With the product continuous being improved, I won't be moving away from TMetric. TMetric has helped me organise my website developing skills into a development areas. The recording of website development time segments has helped better prepare for more accurate quoting for website customisations.

Pros
Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Cons
Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.

Gamaliel Masters

A useful tool for tracking time

Reviewed 2020-07-16

I'm tracking both billable and non-billable time for my business giving me a better view of where my time is going and what I'm doing with it, thus allowing me to better optimize my time investment.

Pros
I like the time entry system, it provides an easy to use method for entering time both during and after spending it. Actual time entry generally works well, with time pickers and auto-complete providing high-speed data entry. Reports provide useful overviews and charts for time spent by various criteria over various time periods.

Cons
Occasionally, when doing time entry, there will be a glitch regarding AM/PM where the system makes a non-intuitive choice. It seems like the desktop application receives a lot less love and attention (it's less polished) then the web interface is.

Response from Devart

Gamaliel, thanks for your feedback! We will carefully review it.

Tim Handley

A real time and money saver.

Reviewed 2020-07-15

With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Pros
Time tracking is easy with TMetric- it provides helpful reminders to start tracking, pause tracking and switch tasks, which can help users keep their tracking accurate. The software use reports (optional) helps give clients and administrators additional peace of mind that the time logged is accurate and focused time. Linking to Quickbooks is a real time-saver, enabling time to be easily and accurately invoiced. With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Cons
Some of the user interfaces is slightly out-dated in the desktop app, but this does not impact use, and the web-app is easy and clean to use.

Response from Devart

Thanks for the review, Tim! We will further improve our application.

Vinicius Andrade

Fundamental

Reviewed 2019-08-19

It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Pros
The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Cons
Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

Response from Devart

Thanks a lot for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

Elizabeth Jansen van Vuuren

Simple, easy, effective

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Tmetric has saved me buckets of time, effort and frustration in keeping track of time spent on a range of projects and tasks. I'm naturally bad at record keeping but with Tmetric time tracking is a breeze.

Pros
I have tried various online productivity tools, and Tmetric is the only one I've stayed with. Easy, intuitive and responsive interface, so little time and effort required. I use Tmetric to track my own billable work time and the report I generate within seconds at the end of the month within seconds, fully meets my needs.

Cons
Honestly for the use I put it to, I've not come across any challenges or shortcomings.

Response from Devart

Thanks for your trust, Elizabeth.

Ben Danby

Data is power

Reviewed 2017-02-21

TMetric is a innovative tool, that initially I was extremely resistant too, as I didn't understand the value in recording time. After 1 whole month of recording time, I immediately saw the benefit. Even though I have been working in a similar way for a long time, I did not truly understand how much time I lost. I knew there was parts of my day to day work I needed to improve, but couldn't fully pinpoint where the churn of time was. Luckily, Tmetric allows me to see just how much time I TRULY spend with tasks not important to my real work, and where I can best spend that time instead. The UI is brilliant now. Other then the below improvement suggestion, it is actually very smooth to use. Easy to learn and easy to master. Improvements: I would like to see it better predict what tasks I am putting in. There are some tasks, especially in the morning, I feel it could be smart and know I always have a stand-up at 9:30AM in the week if i log time that day. Then, If I happen not too, it would be easier for me to remove, rather then keep selecting this on a day to day basis.

Pros
Time logging Reporting Group subsets of tasks Finding work churns Truly understanding resource allocation

Cons
Could better predict a user's day to day tasks Reporting UI took a while to understand how to view tasks...