All categories

TMetric Reviews

Ron P.

I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win.

The ease of tracking consultants time by project and activity through great reporting capabilities.

ROY S.

Cons

Occasional failures or loss of service without warning or apparent reason. The desktop application is a little complicated.

ALEXANDER F.

One thing it was a bit confusing at the beginning was the total time balance. We couldn’t figure out how to change it or if you wanted to work more than X hours one day, it gave you an error.

Lack of API integration with other IT systems.

Peter C.

I NEED THIS... and LOVE it

I have used this for a couple of years and have even recommended to my clients that want to hire staff. I have some clients that want to know how every minute is spent and others that are happy as long as I am getting the task done in the time I am allotted, but TMetric takes all of the guesswork out. Regardless of what I am invoicing the client for I can send the report from TMetric so I am aware of exactly how much time to bill each client for.

Pros

I like that with the click of a button I can not only switch between clients but also sub projects for each of those clients. At the end of the week I can run a report and pull everything into a spreadsheet and send each client a complete snapshot of how much time was spend on which aspects of their business. There is even an app so if I am not sitting at my desk but doing some work from my tablet or on a call I can still click the button and track every minute.

Cons

I have not encountered anything I dislike. I use the free version and have not found its limitations

Thanks for your trust, Tammi.

Easy to use, Effective, Efficient and Productive

I can see the demanding, bright and shining future of this productive tool. The product has been helping me a lot. It saves time and energy. That means, less efforts and more productivity. I trust and recommend this product.

Pros

1. The activity feature… 2. Auto suggesting options to fill… 3. We can treat Idle time as a break in one click… Really loved that “Add as a break” option… 4. Automatic adjustment of time entries. E.g. when I add a new time entry and if it is overwriting (overriding, overlapping) an existing entry, the app will split the existing time entry into two (before and after segments) and will allocate the new time entry a space in between. This saves a lot of user interactions, time and energy. 5. Export report as pdf file feature 6. Ability and flexibility of bulk edit

Cons

Missing: 1. That “i” hover description in reports and entries also. 2. Android App and Desktop App are not user friendly like the web app. 3. Floating action button in webApp for adding a time entry/task quickly. 4. WebApp: Unable to select multiple tags while typing in tag area. 5. Ability to add tags in Android app 6. In the Android app: Reports -> last row (e.g. when current date is between 26 to...

Thank you very much for such a detailed review, Sagar. We will definitely take into account your recommendations.

Easy time tracking&tasks management

Cost-effective and intuitive time tracker. This app streamlines our time tracking, team, and project management. Really, we avoided with TMetric help problems with deadlines and improve collaboration with clients.

Pros

1. All-in-one solution to manage your remote and onsite team. 2.Screenshots capturing 3.Activity level monitoring

Cons

Mob version is not so advanced as web and desktop ones.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

A review of TMetric by the Creative Director of a Marketing Agency

I've been using it for around a year now and, like I say above, it's mostly fine and easy but with a couple of bugs or areas of badly designed UI or UX. The page design and colour scheme and UI do feel a little dated and not quite slick enough perhaps?

Pros

I like it's simplicity - both in looks and function. Once the browser extension is installed you can time track tasks straight from Asana or manually add the time yourself - both methods are relatively quick to do. I like that you can view reports of how you've spent your time - on what projects and clients. Very useful for administrators and accountants.

Cons

It often crashes, breaks or bugs out, leaving myself and my team unable to track our hours in the software. It only breaks every three weeks or so, but I suppose I did expect it to work ALL the time. The other thing that is very annoying is when you are manually entering your hours and they start in AM and finish in PM. The slightly-clunky-to-use clock interface does not automatically guess that you meant PM and ruins all the hours you've already entered that morning by setting the last task as finishing at 12.45AM! The analogue clock face interface used to enter times is a little annoying - it has to be clicked or pressed in the right order and very accurately. It is easy to accidentally leave a timer tracking - even overnight. Perhaps there could be some way to counter this?

Thanks for your feedback. We're working hard to meet the users' requirements.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Tmetric is great for time tracking as well as time off requests

We've found the TMetric customer support team to be very helpful when needed. We tested many different apps and landed on TMetric as one of the best.

Pros

We use TMetric for our entire team. It's easy to add clients, projects and track time. It's also easy to update or fix issues. We really like the recent add of time off requests so we can also manage our PTO. Lastly, the activity tracker is a nice bonus.

Cons

The company is located in the Czech Republic, and has a tendency to roll out updates in the middle of our workday. It makes sense due to the time difference, but has caused some frustration with our team.

Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate your point of view. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by different time zones.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Does its job, good bang for buck

I'm using TMetric for tracking my own time, plus that of the freelancers I'm working with on a regular basis.

Pros

TMetric is very easy to use and is totally adequate if your main concern is timetracking. There's a bunch of integrations with project management and other tools, which simplifies a lot of things, at least for me.

Cons

The invoicing part is not really well-thought of and not customizable enough I could use it instead of the current solution I'm using.

Thank you, your opinion is very important to us.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Essential software for a consultant with multiple clients & tasks

I'm spending much less time on invoicing and time tracking than I used to---MUCH less. Used to take me an hour or two monthly to sort everything out and bill clients. Now I'm done in about 10 minutes, tops.

Pros

I love the ease of creating and starting timers for tasks, and that the software takes care of everything. I click to start a timer, click to end a timer--I don't have to think about the details until I choose an invoice to create, and those timed tasks then auto-magically appear on the right invoice. I can't believe I used to do all of this in spreadsheets! :O

Cons

Figuring where things are the first time took a small bit of time, but the online help streamlined the process.

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

Time Tracking Made Easy

We needed to see how long we were taking on specific tasks to determine if we were charging enough for our services.

Pros

I liked the straight forward interface which everyone learned quickly.

Cons

What I least like is that only admins can add people to projects. There are occasions when it would be nice to just have someone login their time on a project without having to be added to the whole team process.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Worth it and it's seamless.

Extremely responsive customer service and the product has a solid build that hasn't ever bugged on me.

Pros

I love everything about it, there are only two softwares I use in conjunction due to missing functionality, I use Trello for the Kanban view of tasks and I use Planaway to synch the calendar so that my tasks show up as part of my day in my google Calendar to avoid scheduling a meeting during a time I blocked out for tasking. It would be awesome to have a client login for them to check on the overall tasklist without having to share my own account login which would expose my other clients info.

Cons

It's pretty damn good. Nothing to complain about.

Thank you for your time and review, Phillip.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The best cost-benefit timesheet software

I'm loving my experience.

Pros

The easy usage, appearance and multiple plataforms (pc, app, online).

Cons

There are some minor bugs in using the software, but the records remain saved.

Thank you, Fellipe, for your feedback.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to use and customize time tracking tool

Pros

The relatively unofficial API support for the product is very through; if there isn't a first party support already built in for the tools we use, Browser Extension enabling ZenDesk Support, then we have some flexibility to build up additional solutions to integrate TMetric into our work flow. It's easy to create a budget for a project that can be assigned to either time or a monetary value. Time is linear, and cannot overlap; so if you need to go back and change your time because it wasn't tracked properly, you don't need to worry about readjusting all entries to make sure you're not double billing a client.

Cons

The project selection tool starts to get slow to load when you have a lot of projects in the system. The desktop application hasn't always been that reliable (crashes, the window opening) although I still run it in the background to monitor what I'm working on, so I can go back and review it at any time. Because time doesn't overlap it is relatively easy to accidentally overwrite a days worth of entries if you accidentally meant to make your start time of an entry to 3:00 PM, forgetting to add the "PM", and the system defaults to 3:00 AM, and giving you a quick "are you sure message".

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your point of view. Both the desktop and web application have become more steady.

Helps me stay organized

I often split my time across multiple projects and tasks. TMetric helps me keep everything organized so I can be sure I'm submitting my time to the right clients. It also helps me make sure I'm keeping my hours in the range of 40/wk, and not going notably over or under.

Pros

One of the big things that led to picking TMetric over others is the ability to toggle between tasks so easily by just restarting an existing task. Other similar software makes you stop the previous task first, which just feels clunky and irritates me. I also like the flexibility of various reports. I use most of them when I sort out my time for the week.

Cons

I wish I could customize the timeframe on the Time Entry page for its calculation of how many hours you are ahead/behind. It's based on the current month, and sometimes the new month starts mid-week, so it makes it hard to see at a glance how the week is. It would be nice if the notes about a time entry could be a paragraph box, and if those could be per-project per-day. I have to enter my final time entry for the week into another application for my boss, and if I write up my timesheet notes in TMetric, it's a pain to get them into a single paragraph. So I make TMetric notes super short/simple and my real notes are in OneNote.

Thank you for your feedback, we will read your wishes carefully.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Great but missing features

Tmetric is very basic, reporting is poor and not configurable. While it tracks time it cannot track resource utilization, project burn, costs (vs price). Tmetric support is responsive however their reply for most of the enhancements is “it doesn’t do that” which means I need to find a product that wants to improve and provide the customer experience we need.

Pros

So I use this for all employees billable or not. It is great for internal usage but it is a lot of work to transfer to an invoice for a customer. On average each employee spends two hours each week. It doesn’t track expenses, car mileage, or receipts on an account so we have to use multiple applications to get one invoice out each week. I like that I can put in each contract assign the hours...

Cons

Reliability and stability are the least favorite things

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Time tracking for working from home.

Used for tracking time on projects while working from home during the pandemic. Exported the weekly reports to CSV for minor formatting before sending to supervisor. Using the android app integrates smoothly so I see a consistent interface and time log from either the app or the web interface.

Pros

Interface is extremely intuitive whether web or app based. Provides simple time tracking and reporting for individual use as well as enterprise wide. Free with basic features for up to 5 users. Manual time tracking is easy to get started, just add a time entry, enter a description and start time. Hit the play button and the timer will start. Hit the stop button when you are done with the task and...

Cons

If I need to add a new task, it assumes that the task starts at the end of the last task. The software works on assumption that you don't take breaks in between tasks.

Hello, Stacey! Many thanks for your feedback.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great for freelancers! Works well.

Overall, I've enjoyed using TMetric, it far outperforms any other system I've used in the past and I'll definitely be sticking with it for the long haul.

Pros

I love that I can track time for multiple clients with just a few clicks. The end of the week summaries are perfect and allow for quick and easy invoicing without too much effort.

Cons

The software can be a tad glitchy at times, but I've found that some patience and a quick refresh usually gets things flowing smoothly again.

Thanks for the review. We'll take it into account.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great affordable, well-integrated, easy-to-use time tracking system

I have used TMetric to track my time completing client projects for the past 3 years as a solo freelancer. My clients require me to report time in other time tracking tools such as Everhour or Freshbooks, but TMetric is my favorite and I have established all my projects and tasks here. It is easy to set up and has a beautiful, Google-like UI. It is easy to add or edit time. The reporting feature allows you to customize the reported metrics on various levels and for various timespans.

Pros

As a solo freelancer that has to report her time to multiple clients, TMetric saves me time by saving my time! Love the interface - it's minimal but has an appealing and approachable UI that reminds me of current Google apps/websites. So many integrations - Gmail, Asana, Office, and now Quickbooks! I love being able to simply click the Tmetric button while in an email or on an Asana task to start tracking...

Cons

I wish I could easily set hours tracked to round to the closest 15 minute interval. Sometimes I wish I could add time in the future in case I know I will work on something and want to set out my projected time ahead of time. A nice feature to have in the future would be to compare one time period vs a previous time period (like in Google Analytics).

Thanks Pauline for your feedback! We appreciate it and will take it into account.

Perfect Time Tracking Tool

Pros

One of my favorite things about TMetric is its integration with Asana. I am a freelance web designer and website manager and I use Asana to help me keep track of all of my daily tasks that need to be performed for all of my clients and when I'm working on a big project. I needed an easy way to keep track of my time so I knew how long tasks were taking me to complete. TMetric was and easy choice. The free plan gave me exactly what I needed, it was super easy to hook in to asana and my chrome browser and now I am tracking everything. I also love that I can run reports so I can see where I am spending most of my time. As a freelance designer every penny counts and the fact that I get all this functionality for free is a huge win!

Cons

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this software, it met my needs perfectly.

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your point of view.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

TMetric has improved my overall productivity and speed of billing

Been using for about 18-19 months, and is has greatly improved my productivity, my ability to manage clients and projects, and GREATLY expedites my billing process and overall time spent tracking and billing time. These days, I'm click click done, instead of compiling time on spreadsheets or even trying to remember what I'm working on. I'm focusing more on the work and less on tracking it all.

Pros

The features it offers are robust enough to support a basic production environment (clients, projects, adjustable billing rates, compatibility with other software), yet is much easier and simple to use than some highly robust and involved enterprise billing systems. It's perfect for a small service business like mine. But my absolute favorite feature is the ability to use the timer to start/stop/start project work on the fly. I can bounce from project to project and simply use the timers to track the work over the course of a hectic day.

Cons

Earlier on, there were some features that seemed a bit under developed, but those features have been upgraded and evolved, and has much improved an already good software. (i.e. client icons/avatars)

Many thanks for your time and feedback!

The Time tracker I was looking for as a freelancer

Pros

As a freelancer (Web/Software Developent) I found almost every feature that I needed working for different clients with their respective projects and tasks. Some projects run on an hourly rate basis, others have their budgets. You can combine both. I also time track my own learning and other non-earning processes, so that in the end of the month I can see the time spent on commercial as well as non-commercial...

Cons

The app design is not well suitable for a small viewport (smartphone). It gets horizontally scrollable, which is not really comfortable. Probably it's a general problem for timelines, but I hope there could be a solution for that in the future. A mobile app would be nice too.

Thank you for your time and review. We will improve our application.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Good value for the price.

Overall it's been pretty easy to use and does what I need it to do. I would recommend it. Great value for the cost.

Pros

I really like the reports function. You can see time, billing, and other details in many different ways. Easy to use and gives insights you might not otherwise be able to see. You can add really detailed info about time entries. Integrates with trello nicely.

Cons

If I a click a project as billable after the project has been started any time spent on the project before that is not counted as billable. Only the admin can click something as billable which is a problem because sometimes I want the designers to enter projects but they can't unless I give them admin status. If they enter it then I have to go back click all their time as billable. There are a couple things I wish it did. Project management like trello, clock-in/clock-out per person and allow them to record time on individual projects through the day, better CRM there's no field for client phone numbers, email or details.

Thanks for the feedback! Here you can find the information on how to mark time as invoiced https://tmetric.com/help/invoices/how-to-mark-time-as-invoiced-without-creating-an-invoice

Best timetracker I've found

My time tracking is more accurate now than ever. I'm not having to fabricate time entries when they were missed.

Pros

App provides a solid set of ways to start timers (Chrome extension, web app, mobile app) but if you forget to start the timer, which I often do, the desktop activity monitor makes it so easy to fill in the blanks.

Cons

It could have a prettier UI. The PC app in particular. And the PC app could have features allowing a timer to stay on screen in an unobtrusive way.

Thank you for your time and review. We will further improve our application.

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

A useful tool for tracking time

I'm tracking both billable and non-billable time for my business giving me a better view of where my time is going and what I'm doing with it, thus allowing me to better optimize my time investment.

Pros

I like the time entry system, it provides an easy to use method for entering time both during and after spending it. Actual time entry generally works well, with time pickers and auto-complete providing high-speed data entry. Reports provide useful overviews and charts for time spent by various criteria over various time periods.

Cons

Occasionally, when doing time entry, there will be a glitch regarding AM/PM where the system makes a non-intuitive choice. It seems like the desktop application receives a lot less love and attention (it's less polished) then the web interface is.

Gamaliel, thanks for your feedback! We will carefully review it.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

The only time keeping software I'll ever use!

When I started as an employee as a website developer and IT Support Officer I wanted an easy way to keep track of my time and how I use my time. I asked myself: That takes up the majority of my time and how often do I change tasks throughout the day? The system that was originally developed was very manual and required the required only journal for start and finish times. After trialing a large...

Pros

Segmenting of tags for accurate reporting along with: Automatic starting and stopping.

Cons

Starting a new time for a project needs to be very accurate (within 2 minutes) otherwise a break forms when I don't need one.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

A real time and money saver.

With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Pros

Time tracking is easy with TMetric- it provides helpful reminders to start tracking, pause tracking and switch tasks, which can help users keep their tracking accurate. The software use reports (optional) helps give clients and administrators additional peace of mind that the time logged is accurate and focused time. Linking to Quickbooks is a real time-saver, enabling time to be easily and accurately invoiced. With TMetric all billable time is captured, leading to an increase in revenue.

Cons

Some of the user interfaces is slightly out-dated in the desktop app, but this does not impact use, and the web-app is easy and clean to use.

Thanks for the review, Tim! We will further improve our application.

Fundamental

It's a must to have time tracker for teams, I know if a I'm being productive or not. I can share the log with my team and make adjustments. I can estimate better the next jobs and provide the ideal due time to clients and to the board.

Pros

The product has improved a lot since they started. It's simple to use but full of features, as you can read in others feedbacks. I don’t need to edit all stuff, it knows where I’m am and what a I’m doing. I just need to add a title and labels and Tmetric supply me with a day or week relatory as I wish. The interface is easy to use, quick to learn, very easy to visualize the informations and the interactions respond instantly without delays.

Cons

Too much grey in the UI (but I’m a designer so maybe not the focus group user) It's just a time tracker after all, I have to use other tools for other kind of work management (so I have to end up to administrate a lot of tools at time).

Thanks a lot for your time and review. We will further improve our application.