Zen Planner Logo

Zen Planner Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

Customer support really is top notch. The on boarding team is fantastic and truly went out of their way to ensure we had every available resource for success.
I do not use it for my business, but have used it as an avid fitness enthusiast for over 2 years. It is nice when gyms all over the country use this software.
They had great integration to our existing merchant. Great membership customization, billing, customizable charts, and belt promotion system.
No real way for instructors to leave notes for students, why not. Never use the mass email or text because its just too complicated-these things can be fixed if they gave it some attention.
It was very overwhelming when I started using it. The app is also pretty bad, although they do update it with new features.
Not only were we not satisfied with the software, we were being charged more than double to keep it.

Zen Planner users...

RhinoFit-logocaret

RhinoFit

Square Payments-logocaret

Square Payments

How would you rate Zen Planner?

Todd S.

Business Director

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great Features - Not Intuitive

Transcript

Todd: I'm Todd, I'm a gym owner. I give Zen Planner four out of five stars. For more reviews like this,...

Zen planner does an ok job

Transcript

Ross A.: Hi, I'm Ross. I'm the owner. I'm giving Zen Planner a one out of five. For more reviews like...

Zen planner does an ok job

Would not waste my time with this software, they don't deliver on their promises, invent fees to access your data, don't follow through with their support. It took me 3 months to get them to finish my cancelation as they kept sending emails to students saying they owed because their payments failed AFTER I switched to another system. Very unprofessional and rude.

Pros

It was quite a bit less per month then any of the other software I checked into at the time. It did an ok job for doing parents nights out.

Cons

On the surface it looks like it will do a good job but in reality it is buggy, poorly implemented and just didn't deliver on the promises it was supposed to.

Focus on what you do....and let Zenn Planner allow you to do so

Great

Pros

Like minded integration that makes prospecting, enrolling and managing client understandable and user friendly for staff and end users.

Cons

I have nothing negative to report on this product

Thanks for the kind words, Colin!

Great service

I have been using Zen Planner for a couple of years. It has many awesome features. As my business is growing I am finding more features in Zen Planner that help with that process. I feel they always listen to your suggestions and really try to work on giving the customer the features they are asking for. The service is 2nd to none. They always help until your questions or issues are resolved. They are awesome.

Pros

All the tracking and reports you can pull.

Cons

It acts erratically sometimes.

It has it's ups and downs.

Overall it is a great program, but is does have some room for improvement.

Pros

Zen Planner has a lot of good features. Billing, client tracking, scheduling, and integration into our website are all pretty smooth.

Cons

As a gym, we cannot select which members see what programming. Example, if we have 2 different programs available, all members can see both programmed workouts. We have had some inconsistency in emails being sent out. Sometimes emails to our members don't send in a timely manner through their system.

Zen Planner...SMH

As someone who isnt great in the deep magical world of computers...Zen planner was supposed to make things easier. My first appointment... the person was late for the on boarding (teaching me how to use software). They were also late for the second on but notified me this time. There were small billing issues and the support I recieved to correct situations was beyond useless. The relationship ended by them canceling my account out with only an email and refusal to get on the phone with me to explain themselves. This sounds disgruntled ... I know. There are a few people I know who have had the same experience. The company has a great base but didnt personally deal with me very well. My gym will close now because I have no way to bill my customers that dont come in daily

Pros

The concept is good

Cons

It difficutl to use cause the training on using it is very laxed

Quick and Efficient

Zen Planner is allowing our gym facility to keep track of attendance, memberships, member retention, etc. In addition, it also provides a great way to track member workouts and with the integrating SugarWOD, it will make this process even better.

Pros

The software has so many components to it that it can be intimidating at first, but each component has an explanation of how to use it. This makes for an easy learning experience.

Cons

The mass email component is difficult to navigate.

Thanks for the review Jordan! We love to hear that Zen Planner is helping you run your facility smoothly.

Library and a Benchmark

Our gym uses this App to track our work outs. A friend and I were using the custom result fields to track our daily 1 minute Bike Sprint. We found, though, that when we went to the library we couldn't track our results. I contacted Zen Planner and was helped quickly; initially, it appeared to be a simple issue but turned out that there were some "corrupted" files. After getting our gym owner involved, ZenPlanner was able to resolve the issue.

Pros

Ease of use; simple to find information

Cons

I wish the same type of exercises would always come up together in the library. Occasionally when I go to the library to look up a specific exercise multiple of the same come up and I have to click in and out of them to see the results.

Thank You Elizabeth!

ZenPlanner

Zp helped me create and manage clients and billing them monthly. I've been using it since about 2008, so 10 years or so. It has gotten better over time and I've only had trouble with once or twice. It's a solid system

Pros

When it first came out it was ahead of everyone else. It still has a lot of features but it needs a facelift

Cons

The scheduling system needs to be reworked and overall it needs a facelift. There are many excellent alternatives to ZP out there that can do everything ZP can and then some with a much more user-friendly interface

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

Takes a little getting used to but works as advertised. Once you have it set up, makes day to day operations easy. Able to access on all platforms- PC, IOS, smart phones etc. We are using the virtual class set up to keep our students training during the pandemic. This is an excellent member database

Cons

Not intentionally designed for martial arts studios but they are continually working to accommodate these needs.

Thank you for the review, Vic!

Easy Way to Sign Up for Crossfit Classes

Great way to reserve crossfit classes and see who else is attending.

Pros

Zan Planner makes it easy to sign up for crossfit classes. It is also a great way to edit payment, etc. I like the feature of being able to see who is specifically signed up for class as well. Extra motivation to attend class!

Cons

Sometimes it can be glitchy and somehow signs me out of a class I already reserved. It has happened 2-3 times in the past 6 months.

Spoke to a real person when their servers went down in the middle of the day.

Over all it has been very good.

Pros

Software is simple to use and has a couple of good tools for running the business. As a health coach I can check my phone to see much of the information that I need. The real issue that I am leaving a review about is this... When I was in the middle of a busy work day, I all of a sudden could not see my schedule or sign in. I called a number and spoke to a real person who gave me the situation and told me worse case scenario of when it might be up. I would have been very aggravated had I not spoken to a real person in such a bad situation. It was very comforting.

Cons

The calendar is a little simplistic as well as some of the features with seeing the clients apts.

Thanks for sharing your experience, Charley!

Great product with amazing customer support!

I'm still playing around with it and learning all the in's and out's of ZP. When I'm really stuck, I can always call and get my specific question answered.

Pros

There are a number of reports we can create to analyze all aspects of the business and clientele.

Cons

The Zen Planner Staff App is quite limited in what it can do, so we wish it had a few more capabilities.

Thank you, Kim! Keep an eye out for some new mobile app functionality coming out soon!

Customer Service is stellar which goes a long way!

Better knowledge of client retention and value versus using the age-old Excel Spreadsheets

Pros

The many ways to move from one area to another. There are SO many ways to customize reports to your liking and integrate with other software. And I love the icons chosen for each area of the program. It's helpful when first learning. We still have much to learn, but that's to be expected as it's an all-in-one. It'll take awhile.

Cons

Membership sign up can have a few more steps than we prefer and can be tricky learning to input so reports are accurate later on down the line. This is where their customer service makes up for that. They are always SUPER friendly and very helpful! I never dread calling and always get off the phone a happy client.

Zen Planner Rocks!

The best part of Zen Planner is the amazing customer service. Every time I call they are super friendly, very knowledgeable about the product, and just awesome to work with. I've called them probably 20 times and never had a bad experience or talked to anyone that wasn't super positive and friendly.

Pros

I love how you can use minimal features of Zen Planner and keep it very easy to use will still doing everything necessary to run your business. At the same time, you can expand on the features as you get more comfortable and experienced with it.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the software.

Thanks Nick!

Zen Planner

Overall I like Zen Planner. The customer service is fantastic which is good because I usually have a lot of questions. If they made the help option more helpful with more key words included in search I think that would help.

Pros

The customer service is A+! I also like the easily to read Calendar.

Cons

Very hard to figure out on own without help. Things that you would think is logical isn't. Setting up, deleting class series and programs is difficult. Billing and financial also seems to have a mind of its own. I know a lot of this is human error but I've worked with other office programs that are much easier to figure out.

Thank you, Ang! We'll pass along your kind words to our customer service team!

Excellent Product

It is invaluable in daily business

Pros

Customer Service, Ease of Use, Interface, Education

Cons

Nothing to say negative. That would be unproductive anyway. Focus on the good!

Thanks for the kind words, Beach House CrossFit!

Love ZenPlanner

We've used them for years and has seen the functionality of the software expand based on the market demand. Easy to use. Cost effective and top notch customer service.

Pros

Easy to use but has a ton of functionality.

Cons

When there is something in trying to figure out how to do sometimes I find that the online support is outdated. When that happens I just write them a note and I get a response within a hour though.

Absolutely fantastic!

I completely run my entire gym and business with this software.

Pros

For business and client management, nothing is better! Zen Planner's customer service is second to none. Hands down the best in the business!

Cons

I would love to see improvements in the workout tracking. I need to be able to differentiate different levels of performance, i,e; RX, Scaled 1, Scaled 2, Scaled 3, etc..

Bad service

After using their product for a couple of years and when covid forced our company to shutdown, they kept charging our business our monthly rate. After calling them to see if they would be kind enough to refund our payments they wouldn’t oblige nor would they freeze our account so I had to cancel our membership which was a big headache. I had to write a cancellation notice as well as call the different financial companies that had led our credit card transactions, etc. It’s u fortunate that after being a loyal client as well as referring a few of my colleagues to their business they would be compassionate enough to help our their clients with a small gesture.

Pros

Data entry, membership retention, payment plan

Cons

Couldn’t refund client right away after credit card payment mistake. Had to call a different company that dealt with the credit card transaction.

Had high hopes, customer service was much to be desired.

When we started to expand our Taekwon-Do school I had to divide and conquer with my current 2 black belts. They would teach nights I had to be at another location. After reviewing many different membership tracking softwares and website I was torn between MindBody and Zen Planner. I found MindBody lacking in some areas and liked the look of Zen Planner (plus it was compatible with iOS and Android,...

Pros

Lots of options to make online accounting, marketing and attendance easier.

Cons

Maybe too much to choose from. Interface is very confusing at times. Customer service is the worst for the amount you pay per month.

Satisfied Customer

This is a great attendance and bill tracker. My members find it easy to schedule classes. Customer Service is satisfactory. There is one Zen Planner rep. She has answered my call a few times. She is extremely, patient, kind, and caring. She's a great teacher. She walks you through the solution and makes sure you know how to troubleshoot. Her exceptional approach to customer service makes Zen Planner worth every dime.

Pros

The ease of building reports. The ease of scheduling a class on the member side.

Cons

Minor glitches. One example. My members should receive one alert when their payment is declined. However, some receive an alert everyday until they pay. That is annoying for the members and makes us look like we're harassing them.

Happy to hear it, Andrea!

Overall great experience.

Pros

Customer service is always top notch. If representative can't answer your question, they'll research and provide a solution usually by the end of the day.

Cons

When communicating with prospects, it's very helpful to create email automations. The thing I like least about the app as is its current inability to allow files to be attached to emails.

Looking for a switch from MindBodyOnline? This is it!

Pros

Zen Planner is much, much easier to use for the type of business my husband and I run. As a business owner, my husband needed an app that helped him stay focused and was easy to use and that's exactly what this switch has allowed him to do! I personally love it because it connects with MailChimp and allows email subscribers to directly sync with ZenPlanner and vice versa. I could go on and on but the summary is, this app has improved the way we track client data, retention, our schedule and even our employees. (The clock in and clock out function is so helpful!)

Cons

I think emailing clients out of the ZenPlanner could be a bit better designed. The function itself works but it's not as simple to use as the rest of the system.

Thanks, Jenna! We're happy to hear Zen Planner is helping you simplify and improve your business.

This system is decent

Keeping track of active members and their attendance is amazing!! as well as customizing their profiles!!

Pros

the way it keeps everything in order. the different stats you can keep track of... Reports are easy to run. Customer Support is amazing.

Cons

It's not always easy to find things. Always having to call customer support to figure stuff out. It isn't very user friendly when it comes to certain things.

Hey Matt, thanks for your feedback! We think our Customer Success team is pretty amazing too :)

Robust system with lots of options

All the things I need to run my business in one system.

Pros

I like that I have a lot of control. Everything is pretty simple to use. If you've ever used a website, you can use this system. They are also very helpful and friendly when asking for support.

Cons

I strongly dislike the user end website. It is usable, but most people just download the app to use instead of the website. Sadly, that's not an option until a staff member signs the user up or the user signs up on the website.