Toast POS Logo

Cloud-based Point of Sale solution for restaurants

Toast POS Reviews - Page 5

Toast POS

It has been mostly positive, except for the issues I mentioned above.

Pros

Pretty simple to use. Reliable, little or no downtime. Terminals worked well and held up in the environment.

Cons

Support has really gone downhill. Too long to get resolution to some tickets and some never get resolved. Mobile app is an issue since employees can change their clock in times and Toast does not track if it came from the mobile app. No direct integration with 3rd party delivery companies.

HH

Heather H.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Toast for Small Business

Toast has been very easy to use for us. It's very easy to change menu items, prices, descriptions and all that. The billing and invoicing is somewhat troublesome. When Toast charges you for things that you don't subscribe to it took me months to get it fixed while still having to pay for things we did not sign up for or use. Then it took months to get the credits. That is very hard for small businesses.

Pros

I think Toast is very user friendly. It is very easy to find reports and update menu items.

Cons

The integrations become very expensive for small businesses. We have one location and would like to use more of the integrations but are unable to due to the expense. It adds up very quickly when you add to the system.

Hi Heather, thanks for your feedback. We strive to make Toast user friendly for all customers, so we're glad to know we're meeting your needs. If you haven't already, join us at community.toasttab.com to connect with other industry leaders. Hope to see you there!

TJ

Teri J.

Love this System!!!

The business has had no issues other than 1 time and I called and was put back online very quick!THANK YOU!!

Pros

I love how easy this system is to use. I was scared to try this and was sooo happy we did. It really made everyday so much easier & service became more accurate and FASTER!

Cons

No problems on using Toast to give a negative rating.

NL

Nassib L.

Temptations Cafe Review

We have been using toast for about ten years. Customer service has always been helpful when an issue arises.

Pros

The ease of the user interface. The ease to make changes to the menu daily.

Cons

Sometimes but not always the system crashes and we have to physically restart the tablet by powering it off and back on.

BC

Brandon C.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Great for the restaurant industry

Pros

This is one of the best systems to train new staff on it's very user friendly it has the test mode and it's also easy for inputting and creating a new menu

Cons

Every time that you sign in to toast from say your mobile phone or also a laptop you have the recaptcha but it says that you are remembered but you said you still have to go through all of the steps to make sure that it's you sometimes that takes a little bit more time than you want it to

Hi Brandon, thanks for taking the time to share this review. We're thrilled to know that Toast has been meeting your needs as a restaurant. We have an online community of other Toast restaurants for you to ask questions, share best practices, and more. Join us at community.toasttab.com!

OQ

Omar Q.

Customer Service is Bad. Software is ok. Just pray you don't have any issues

Software is ok. Customer service and support sucks

Pros

Ease of use. Intergrations. Overall it is a decent software. Just service and support sucks

Cons

Poor customer service. Reps don't call back or followup. Customer support is always busy with long hold times. Waiting 2 months for a refund on equipment that was returned that they charged my account for. Get run arround from customer support. Account rep never replies to emails or calls.

kg

kay g.

Rip Off

Good luck get somebody in the phone and resolve the issue no ( 1 )speak English

Pros

if I can give O star I will the suck your money out .

Cons

I order product the messed up my order and charge me and have another the send me and charge me for the sand me label after three day sen the product back after milion call and email and no supervisor to talk and if you do he can Resolve anything and not get my credit back till after 28 days this is the most Ridiculous thing I ever hear you lost me as a customer and you'r not supporting Restarant business your there for take advantage of small business!!!!

Hi Kay, thanks for sharing your experience. We'll be following up directly to hopefully get this resolved.

KT

Kathi T.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Toast is an excellent POS system

They are constantly striving to improve and be best in class and as a POS system they are the best we have ever used......and we have used 3 before this one

Pros

It is a very user-friendly POS system on the front and back end. Being cloud-based makes changing things on the fly extremely helpful.

Cons

Inability to custom brand online ordering options, and inability to print menus from the POS menu database

RP

Richard P.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Potentially a Great Platform but to many issues and very poor support

I want to love Toast so much because the vision is there but after 3 years my frustration with the platform and their support makes be want to move on to a more stable solution.

Pros

Toast has the vision about how a system should work and once it is fully developed and becomes stable I am sure it will be great.

Cons

Support. Awful. Outsourced. Their Tier 1 support is insistent on wasting time making you re-try things that you have already tried. You will spend hours with untrained persons before you get a person that is capable of helping you. Do not plan on an easy resolution and when the system goes down during a rush, get ready for chaos.

KB

Keith B.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Used to be the best out on the market

Currently would give Toast a 5 based solely on support and Knowledgeable support staff. Follow through is minimal from any team member. I’ve worked with several systems with other companies, and was excited about making the change. Not so much anymore.

Pros

When the system first came out on the market, it was heads and tails above the rest. Changes have made the company less easy to work with, knowledgeable support is minimal, and have not been able to get my system running as it did prior to all of the system updates since August 2020

Cons

I’m currently entertaining other systems because the so called menu experts have not followed through on fixing my menu for our business today, versus what it was when we first signed on to Toast. Been a major struggle to use your system with out suppot

JN

Jaynelle N.

Kamiah Hotel Bar

Accountability for myself and my entire crew has been top notch with this program.

Pros

Ability for Kitchen screen, Inventory, Daily Reports and summary, Ability to transfer tickets to other servers and servers availability to edit and add to other orders for busy evenings.

Cons

There really isn't anything I do not like about this software. It is an incredible program

AP

Amanda P.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

Does literally everything I want it to do

I was a POS technician back in the day and this is some of the best put together software I've come across. Seriously.

Pros

Like the title says, it does literally everything I want it to do. I have the options for gift cards, online and mobile ordering, and I just got the inventory management module and it's just a freaking dream.

Cons

It's got a few bugs -- one is updating the current inventory without our permission. It'll suddenly give us a heads up that it's decided that we have 4 plain bagels when we clearly have sold 3 of the 5 we received in the morning. I'm sure I've got a setting messed up in there some where that's making it do that.

Hi Amanda, Mora from Toast here. We are thrilled to hear that Toast has been exceeding your expectations. Thanks for the review!

KE

Kathy E.

Customer Support Inadequate and Multiple Charges on customer accounts

Overall experience is very dissatisfactory with Toast POS. We have yet to switch software but may need to in the future since it's inadequacy is costing our business to lose customers.

Pros

Bar staff likes software. Simplicity and integration low rate.

Cons

Integration with accounting was time consuming with little assistance from Toast when setting up. Outsourced Toast customer service has EXTREMELY limited knowledge of ALL issues with Toast. Toast reps and customer service do not return calls. Credit card charges duplicate weekly on multiple customers accounts for no reason. Our staff has continued to process tabs the same way for two years but for about the past four months, Toast transactions duplicate on customer's personal financial accounts. Even VOIDED payments that should never even show up on a customer's account will show pending for over a week. Toast continues to close cases without a resolution.

PT

Perity T.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Best food service software and equipment

Super pleased with the ease of use and continued upgrades

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Most staff both front and back of house learn in 1 day

Cons

Customer support has always been phone support. Be nice to have a service tech do some field service after 3 or more attempts at addressing an issue.

cm

cat m.

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Toast is a must have for us

we have a way to track everything that comes in and goes out/gets cancelled, etc. all in one place, so it has been super super helpful and i use it every single day, i have the page pulled up at all times every single day, constantly tracking my stores progress.

Pros

It is very easy to navigate, easy to pull up payments and edit/cancel orders, nice to have allll your info in one spot. We use toast for our POS data, viewing payments, money tracking, all sales, top sold items, we use it to calculate number of guests per day, our deposits, till counts, and a bunch of other vital data.

Cons

I honestly don't really have anything negative to say...maybe make the deposit log spot just a tad more easy to understand, as my employees have a hard time with this part haha, but that's all I can think of...

JF

Jon F.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Toast is NOT for small quick service rrstaurants.

The people have been nice and are trying to fix this so I'll say overall it's been a 2/10. We were sold a BROKEN system not optimal for our establishment. The sals pitch sure looked great but with no live support and testing, it's been a complete disaster. I can see how for Applebees it would be fantastic but here it's plain terrible.

Pros

Main terminal seems like it's well built

Cons

The handheld does not work and no matter what toast support has done it's not working. A support Member was sent to us to fix it arbor other location but arbour main location, it's still broken and has been since we opened. The smart tipping feature will not work. Tip pooling is a joke. There is no X report function etc...

Hi Jon, Mora from Toast here. I'm sorry to hear you've experienced difficulty with your hardware. We do appreciate the feedback as we continue to improve our products! I connected with your Restaurant Success Manager and it looks like you are actively in contact with them. Please continue working with our Support Team to resolve this.

KC

Kayleigh C.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Not worth the hassle

Pros

It’s nice that we can order in straight from the tables. There’s no limit to the categories and buttons you can add.

Cons

It’s internet based and in the south we often have inclement weather. We had one incident where it got fried during a power outage. Inventory is not the best. But my biggest problem.... is customer service. You stay on hold for 20/30 minutes almost every time you call. And most times the live chat is no better. You wait only to told to call and then you’re on hold for another 30 minutes for a 2 minute issue on their end. I’ve been hung up on twice and had one agent end the chat without resolving my issue. It’s a nightmare and one of the worst customer services I’ve dealt with.

Hi Kayleigh, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for this feedback! I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble getting in touch with our Support team. We strive to provide the support and resources necessary for our customers to thrive. Another valuable resource is the self-guided support through Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) and Toast University.

SK

Steve K.

Robust, feature packed software

Being a new restaurant, we have found it to be important to be able to make changes to menus and configurations often and quickly, without disrupting the flow of business. The payroll integration is the feature that really sold us on the software, saving us a ton of money over paying an accountant to do it.

Pros

The interfaces are very simple and easy to learn and navigate. This software is robust and packed with very helpful features. Compared to other popular software packages, it is very reasonably priced.

Cons

The software is complex and there is a lot to learn and can take weeks or months to really get a handle on all the features and configurations.

TH

Thomas H.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Decent software, terrible support.

It gets the job done. Don’t expect much in the way on knowledgeable support. Luckily, it’s a stable system, so it doesn’t have that many issues. Be prepared to have credit card payments crash on Friday and Saturday nights.

Pros

Ease of use, everything is fairly straightforward.

Cons

Customer support, trouble shooting and chat/phone communication are all terrible.

Alexander J.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Toast POS: The Modern Day POS System You Should Be Using

Overall Toast is the future of the POS game. As evidenced by its recent fundraises, Toast is anticipated to take over the market. It may take a bit of time for larger, older organizations to adopt the technology given the amount of time they have input into older systems, but it's only a matter of time before the switches happen.

Pros

Toast is a phenomenal POS system that blows the legacy players such as Aloha and Micros out of the water. Toast is very easy to set up, manipulate on the fly, and track relevant data. The handheld devices allow for a more streamlined ordering system, shaving precious seconds off the time to perform a transaction--something that is essential in a restaurant environment in which throughput is core to success. Toast is much more intuitive than other POS tools and the day to day users have found it to be excellent.

Cons

Toast does not allow for the same level of customization that legacy players do, so you can't change every aspect like you can on those tools. Further, the handheld devices rely on excellent Wifi connection, so you may struggle if there is a lag or an outage on the internet. Further, some changes take a little longer than you would hope to update on the handheld devices.

Hi Alexander, Jasmine from Toast here. Thanks for the review! I'm happy to hear you have found the ToastGo to to increase efficiency of your servers - we know how important that is in the fast-paced restaurant industry.

PY

Princess Y.

HORRIBLE customer service

The most aggravating issue we have is with customer service. You rarely get a real person on the phone .... wait times are often ridiculous .... and they are not timely with replies at all. We submitted an issue on June 17th via their online Toast Support (because getting someone on the phone was apparently impossible). It is now June 27th and the ticket is still open and no one has responded. Their customer service is the WORST.

Pros

Easy to learn and functions properly most of the time.

Cons

Glitches within the system (and you never know what it might be) quite often when they do software updates. On numerous occasions, we experience issues with double and sometimes triple ticket printing for no reason whatsoever & that thermal paper is expensive.

Hi Princess, Jasmine from Toast here. I am sorry to hear you have had a less than than ideal experience with the Toast Support. I do encourage you to continue to take advantage of the live chat in Toast Central when you cannot get through to anyone on the phone. I have contacted your Restaurant Success Manager to make sure that, if it hasn't been already, your ticket is resolved and you get the support you need.

JR

Jon R.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Once they get you, they pile on the fees

Not good

Pros

The online ordering before they started jacking my customers .99 an order.

Cons

YOU DO NOT WANT TOAST!THEY JUST ADDED A .99 FEE TO ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS WHO ORDER ONLINE!.We already pay for that service.. We are invested in this register system. NOW THEY PULL THIS!!.The ONLY OPTION IS TO OPT OUT OF ONLINE ORDERING.RIP OFF!!

Hi Jon, we appreciate your feedback and have made the decision to remove the .99 fee. Your feedback helped shape this decision and is a testament to our commitment to our customer community. If you have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out.

BL

Brenten L.

Industrial Automation, 1-10 employees

Great For Restaurants

It’s a great option but geared more toward restaurants and food delivery. Amazing interface that is clean and modern!

Pros

I loved a lot of the features of this software but my favorite was the user interface. It was so sleek and modern and very straightforward to use. Lots of great features to make transactions go smooth.

Cons

I was frustrated that it is more suited for just restaurant use as I really wanted it to work for my business.

AP

Anil P.

11-50 employees

Terrible Solution!!!!!! Concern that sales approaches are dishonest.

Pros

The general features were there, such as setting up a menu and taking payments. But all of the POS systems that I looked at offer these capabilities.

Cons

I believe that the customer support is dismal and ruins the whole experience. The POS terminal was flimsy and keeps sliding and tipping over. When I asked for the rubber footing that appear to be missing, the customer support repeatedly told me that they did not provide rubber footing and that I needed to by my own. My counters are not scratched and ruined. Most of my interactions with Toast for support has been similarly unhelpful from my perspective. There have been cases where the Toast Sales Representative communicated to me that features existed when they did not without additional fees that they neglected to tell me about. I believe that this is dishonest. In contrast, I would much rather have purchased a POS system that has less features with honest sales representation.

Hi, Anil - Jasmine from Toast here. I'm sorry to hear about the miscommunication you have had with your sales representative. At Toast, we strive to be as transparent as possible. Please continue working with our support team to find a solution that works for you.

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Fast, Intuitive, Easy to Use

It's been great. The last POS that we used was not nearly as efficient and easy to use on a day-to-day level. The split check options is GREAT and the credit card transaction time is much faster than with our last POS.

Pros

Easy to learn how to use. Easy to teach others how to use. And it's a great value.

Cons

The fact that it's cloud-based can be a bit of an issue if the internet goes down.

Hi there, thanks for the review! Did you know that in the event of an internet disruption, Toast's Offline Mode allows you to continue to place orders, print tickets and receipts, and take credit card payments until the connection is reestablished and you are back online Learn more about Toast's Offline Mode here: https://central.toasttab.com/s/article/Offline-Mode-Overview-1492794307880.