Toast POS Logo

JM

Jimmy M.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Toast Review

Pros

Toast has been seamless for us to use. Customer service is always top notch and the amount of mistakes in restaurant has decreased dramatically.

Cons

Online order was a bit tricky to set up and has been a little harder to implement.

Hi Jimmy, thanks for leaving us a review!

CB

Chris B.

Overall great

Pros

We have used several POS systems in my restaurant. After trying Toast, I was convinced it was the best. We have had multiple issues with credit card readers not working with promises of new ones (which we have never received) so that’s my only complaint. The ease of use is great and when the cc works, there isn’t a better system.

Cons

Credit card readers don’t connect properly and sometimes they don’t work at all. Punching in numbers costs my restaurant a lot of time and money with higher fees.

Hi Chris, Jasmine from Toast here. Thanks for the review! I'm sorry to hear about the issue you have been having with the credit card readers. Your Restaurant Success Manager will be in touch with you soon.

AC

Allen C.

Toast Software

My overall experience is good. We are pleased with the features that it offers. Our staff does need a while to learn where all of the item buttons are. The modifier buttons seem to be in different locations for different items.

Pros

Toast is a good program for our industry. It will run many reports that are helpful. The connection to a mobile phone is great because you can do almost anything from the mobile phone that you can do from the desktop.

Cons

Since the pandemic, customer support has been very difficult to contact. Our franchise is taking in customer support from Toast so that we can get help when we need it. It does have a learning curve that is difficult to learn very quickly.

EP

Emily P.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Toast POS Review

Overall a good system for restaurants

Pros

Easy to use and learnIntegrates with Rest 365

Cons

The Catering aspect - still a work in progress

LJ

Leah J.

Can't Recommend Enough

Love the system, great customer support, love the analytics.

Pros

I can access it anywhere with my Android based phone. Check sales or help solve an issue. Editing buttons takes seconds and over all had a very easy layout. Online ordering is synced with the tablets so when I 86 an item it is out everywhere. I like that I can email or text receipts and do e-cards quickly at the terminal. There is now a new feature that if a server needs assistance immediately they can send a text to the manager on shift and it tells the manager what terminal to go to.

Cons

Learning the cash register system was very confusing.

CL

Christopher L.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Ease of use puts the butter on Toast

Toast is very easy to understand and operate making Labor control and sales tracking a breeze. Integration with payroll is fast and simple. Customer service is top notch.

Pros

The ease of use of Toast makes it very convenient for training of new employees. Jelly for Toast makes payroll integration simple and fast. Sales and labor reports are clear and easy to understand making decisions for labor control simple to make.

Cons

Offline payments can create issues if the customer doesn't have funds on the card used. Ghost checks can occur if handhelds are not synced daily.

RT

Rochelle T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

My Experience With Toast POS

Very good! In all my years that I worked as a server, Toast POS was by far my favorite POS system.

Pros

I loved how easy the POS system was to operate and all the additional features Toast has compared to other POS systems. Also, the handheld tablets make service 100% more efficient.

Cons

One big complaint I can remember is that when customers would use gift cards, and the gift card wouldn't fully cover the balance, the tip percentage would only reflect the balance that was left on the bill, and not the subtotal before the gift card was applied. This would result in very low tip percentages sometimes because most customers do not understand this.

Hi Rochelle, thank you for sharing this feedback. We'll be sure to pass this along to our team.

Learning curve

decent, not thrilled

Pros

There are a lot of features and functionality with Toast, how to use them is another thing

Cons

Not very intuitive to use. Also i have not been able to get ahold of customer service

Hi there, Jasmine from Toast here. If you're having trouble reaching Toast Support over the phone, log on to Toast Central to chat with them live during business hours. This is also where you can find Toast University, a library of all the training courses you need to be successful with Toast!

SS

Shelly S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Toast POS System

Overall we are very happy with Toast.

Pros

Toast is easy, user friendly and supported.

Cons

Some of the support functions are out sourced and language can be a barrier

HD

Heather D.

Toast Review

Overall Toast is very important to our business as it tracks every dollar coming in and how it was brought in.

Pros

Several aspects of the program we use everyday, from POS to labor tracking

Cons

Not the easiest to use. I don't like the way reports and options are displayed.

DH

Doug H.

Toast Review

Very please with the product

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly for new employees

Cons

The handheld options are a little expensive

PW

Paul W.

Rutts Group

Love that its all in one for all by business needs, i'm looking forward to getting my web site onboard.

Pros

Functions to help me make invoicing from backend to any of my locations.

Cons

Cant see all invoicing from all location under one calendar, which locations of orders.

Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us.

RB

Rachel B.

Worst POS System you can use

Horrible. I no longer wish to use it.

Pros

Nothing at all. If I don't get support there's nothing I can like.

Cons

Customer service sucks. There is absolutely no service support. No one can answer your questions. No fixes anything. It's a waste of time and money.

Hi there, Carrisa here with Toast. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. If you have additional feedback on how we can support you, please reach out.

TS

Tony S.

Toast works well for me

Very happy with your product, timely updates and help desk work well! Only thing is maybe targeted new equipment updates for improving speed functionality! Restuarant, bars , retail all different a little bit!

Pros

Good feed back on sales, usages, charges what I need all the time ,some of the time, once in a while!

Cons

Rather calling Toast help all the time maybe a trouble shooting guide to get to where I need to solve a problem first the toast help especially if we are open and operating easier place to start!

DS

Dennis S.

Been using Toast POS for a year now

Overall considering all of Toast's features is it virtually unbeatable for the price for pizzerias and QSR's. If they just improve their delivery features it would be perfect.

Pros

Pretty easy to set up menus and make changes on the fly while integrating with 3rd parties...Also excellent reporting features

Cons

Their driver "module" is not very robust. It is very difficult to see which drivers took which deliveries at the end of a shift. They should implement a simple report to be able to see which driver took which deliveries. Delivery mapping also needs work.

Hi Dennis, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear Toast's intuitive set-up and reporting have enabled Mike's Pizza to thrive. We appreciate hearing your feedback on delivery mapping - we value input from our community as we continue to improve our products. Thanks for the review!

heather m.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

A solid product in a field of upstarts and stalwarts

Toast is a full-service POS that works for our three very different restaurant concepts, including a high volume bar, a deli counter and market, and a fine dining, multi-course dining establishment.

Pros

Toast seems to be the most put-together of the next wave restaurant POS. They offer a few styles of terminals for greater flexibility in the unique spaces that are restaurants. Toast also will take feature-requests, something the older generation of products seems to have stopped doing.

Cons

The ability to pull up custom reports and analyses are their weakest feature. Toast can also have very occasional connectivity issues which is scary in a restaurant setting.

RV

Ruben V.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

Probaly the best POS system used in the industry.

Over all, the system is easy to use and is accessible anywhere there is an internet connection.

Pros

Pros: The FOH part system is very user friendly. Con: Reporting is sometimes a challenge when running specific reports.

Cons

The system has some manageable challenges when internet service is interrupted. It would be great to integrate a back up system that would allow the handhelds and tablet communicate with each other as long as their connected to the same network. No matter if there is internet service.Another idea would be in integrate a back up hotspot for when ever internet is disrupted.

TH

Trent H.

Small Business Toast POS

Toast has truly made my business streamlined and makes it easier for staff to wait on patrons, creates shorter wait times, and helps reduce loss of product.

Pros

It is easy to use, 24/7 support is very helpful, and it streamlines ordering, order management, and collecting payments.

Cons

Setting up different modifiers is sometimes difficult.

Brayan Agostinho D.

501-1,000 employees

Excellent application to manage restaurants in a fully automated way

Pros

As a software developer I have had the opportunity to see this mobile application and I think it's really great everything he does. is an excellent tool for restaurants where it offers a good system of administration of restaurants based on the cloud and where it calls more attention is its integration of points of sale to this software built in android operating system. the application has a comfortable and easy to use interface and where there is enough documentation. Its products include: receipt printer, cash box, kitchen display screen and card slip.

Cons

I really do not have a negative comment about this application, the only thing I can mention is that for a small company it could be a bit expensive to acquire this system. I believe that this application can continue to grow and continue to improve its application more and more both in the backend and in the frontend to make it more attractive.

NC

Nino C.

Toast customer service failure

It’s been horrible. I hate writing reviews to begin with. But people need to know the truth about their sales reps. Especially in the South Carolina/Georgia area. No response no follow up at all. I actually referred them another restaurant and they were bot going to give me the referral fee, until I pressed them on it. Wanted information on their marketing strategy, no response. I wanted information on several different products they offer, no response. I know Toast is popular, but I would stay away. Not from a technical standpoint, but their sales staff is not responsive at all. For the money you pay, should be much better.

Pros

The system works ok. However, response from sales rep is non existent. It just doesn’t happen. Failure to return calls emails or any sort of communication never happens. Would like to give them back all of their stuff

Cons

No response from sales reps. Take your money and disappear.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Toast POS review

Great young team of professionals

Pros

Love that it is built on the android platform and technically you can use your android phone to run the system.

Cons

Since it is cloud based, if your Internet goes down your POS will still run but in "offline mode"

It is great that you are taking advantage of the Android platform! We like to think of our Offline Mode capabilities as a pro. As you know, your internet connection may go out from time to time, but it does not hinder the ordering process thanks to the local area network connection provided by the router. Offline Mode allows you to continue to place orders, print tickets, and receipts, and take credit card payments until the connection is reestablished and you are back online.

TL

Travis L.

First Year with Toast POS

Pros

Easy of use for employees, intuitive interface, and barely any technical problems over the course of a year.

Cons

Reporting system is good but lacks some options I would like to see. Labor reports are great if you use Toast Payroll (I assume) but need some work to to be used with other systems.

Restaurants, 51-200 employees

Good product, great support, some technical challenges

We used Toast for online ordering & counter service, as well as a second terminal that runs online catering ordering for the shop downstairs, and bar service / order processing for an events venue.

Pros

Toast makes it very easy to customize settings, services and web sites online, and most of their support team is top notch.

Cons

We've had a lingering tech issue since June 2019 that causes an error message to be sent to our users, even when their order is okay and approved. We've had to invest way too much time trying to fix this issue, and it's still not resolved.

Hi there, Mora from Toast here. Thank you for this feedback! We're thrilled to hear Toast's customization features have enabled your multi-concept restaurant to thrive. Please continue working with our Support Team - we strive to continuously improve our products and technical capabilities.

AY

Andrea Y.

Toast is easy to use!!

Pros

We do not currently use the POS system for this client. I do, however, have other clients that use Toast POS and really like the ease of use.

Cons

I wish there were a few more options. Also, there are a few things that have been discontinued that I used to use--Progressive Discipline

Thanks for the 5-star review! We're thrilled to know we're meeting your needs as a system.

KM

Kirsten M.

Keep looking - Toast is awful

Pros

The ability to quickly and easily implement online ordering during COVID

Cons

Don't do it! We've been using Toast for 3 years now and it's awful. Outages during our busiest times, with no support or guidance on how to get through them. Useless technology for pop ups and festivals (we lost $600 when we tried to use the handheld at a recent festival), and terrible customer service. For example, we tried to re-implement QR codes and was told they won't work because our menu is too large?!?!?!? When I asked how to resolve this, they couldn't provide any guidance.