Gong.io Reviews - Page 2

Great for Feedback and Skill Building

Pros

Love using Gong to listen to my own calls and be able to find things to improve. Oftentimes, when I'm on a call, I don't realize what I'm doing or saying so Gong is great for me to go back and do some self-reflection on what I can improve. Great for my boss to listen and give feedback as well. He and I aren't in the same office so he can't listen to live calls with me but Gong gives him the option to listen to calls and provide feedback.

Cons

I have no bad feedback. Gong does what is says it does. Records calls, identifies points of a call, tags them, etc. Does exactly what I need it to do and doesn't stretch itself thin with all sorts of weird features.

Gong is a Gamechanger

Benefits, my prospects often relay technical terms or have difficult accents that I don't need to stop our conversation and ask to repeat, knowing I can listen again later. Overall gamechanger in the sales process I used to be under pressure to type notes, now I have time and information at my fingertips long after the call. I know have the ability to timely respond to prospects objections and close any gaps in the sales process. I love GONG.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to look for key words and not have to listen to an entire call to find what you are looking for. Ability to search the database for past or multiple calls and use in a sales strategy to focus on clients needs not only by words but by tone. Ability to drill down to key points and close more sales. Speed at which calls are analyzed.

Cons

There is nothing I can find wrong with Gong. New options and features are constantly added to improve the product.

Key tool in stack for remote onboarders

Pros

I took on a new role in Sales and I was worried I would miss out on listening in to important conversations which forms a major part of learning. Enter Gong - and I've been able to listen in and learn better than ever. I've also improved my style of interacting with customers based on their tips and seen better results.

Cons

It has not been easy to upload a recording if we would like and their audio-to-text feature is not accurate.

Pleasantly surprised!

Its a solid product and our Sales Ops team have seen immediate value from a coaching and training perspective and the sales staff are finally seeing the value in reviewing their sales calls with better context. As I mentioned earlier, it helps me in my role to engage more quickly and bring value faster to the sales cycle.

Pros

I am not a front line sales person, rather I am a strategic resource that the sales team leans on when meeting with a prospect's executives and other leaders during the sales process. When they are ready for me to engage, they can send me a call recording and I can see who is talking, what they are talking about and make specific notes based on discussion topics. It empowers me to get up to speed with a new prospect much faster than in the past, which in turn keeps momentum and excitement in the sales process.

Cons

It wasn't introduced to our sales org with a very clear "why" we need to use Gong. So immediately it created a misperception that leadership bought it as an employee watchdog which led to poor adoption. It didn't help that it was introduced as a stiff mandate from leadership to use Gong. In short, no complaints with the software, but more of a warning for new Gong users to make sure you tell your users the benefits that THEY will get out of Gong and the benefits the extended teams will gain from their use of Gong.

Gong changes the way you work

Pros

Gong is a game changer. Not everyone has to be a pro on your team to analyze a call anymore. Anyone can use Gong to recognize keywords, themes, and areas for improvement with their call analytics. Also, a major time saver because you can search for those keywords instead of listening to an entire hour or more of conversation. I particularly enjoy any study that Gong publishes. By analyzing themes in the industry, they provide incredible insights around word choice and timing. Timing is everything, isn't it? Gong changes the way you work, for the better.

Cons

I can't think of a single downside to using Gong.

Incredibly Valuable Product

Can't say enough the product is incredible. They should raise license prices! In addition, their CEO, is the man! Loves his pizza :)

Pros

I truly love the product. From day one it was clear the amount of value it can bring to any sales team and the fact that the integrations with communication platforms like Goto Meeting make it so easy to work with. In addition, I'm able to actually listen to my clients further, ask deeper questions because I don't have to worry about taking so many notes during calls. I can actually have conversations with prospects/clients rather than interviews. Lastly, the AI is continuing to get better and better. The fact that I can see talking tracks, various topics helps educate where I can improve in my game

Cons

Not that it's a big deal but I'd love to be able to share calls in a less cumbersome process. Rather than copying a link, I'd like a way to share a call with just a click of a button. Having said that, sharing calls is still pretty dam easy

Easy way to review calls and get great insights.

Pros

I like the features that come along with Gong like being able to view a transcript of the conversation rather than re-listening to the entire call. It's easy to navigate and saves us all a lot of time. The reporting and metrics it can track are really helpful as well.

Cons

Depending on how the calls are logged into the system it can be a little tricky to find some specific calls, especially if your name is not associated with them.

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Great customer service, intuitive for end users, valuable tool across teams. Very positive experience and would recommend this to any Sales, CS or Enablement team to implement.

Pros

Gong allows the Sales, Enablement, Marketing, and Biz Ops to track real metrics from Sales and CS conversations, coach the teams and foster a culture of self-improvement.

Cons

This is a product that to work effectively you need to invest in best practices, training teams and managers and staying on top of the latest innovations (of which there are many and often) coming out of the company.

Great tool for Marketers

Overall I find the tool extremely useful from a marketing perspective and will continue to use the tool.

Pros

I love the ability to save calls in the listen later function to listen back whilst commuting. I am mostly stuck in meeting throughout the week and do not always have time to listen to Gong calls during work hours. The main use for my role is to get closer to our prospects and clients. Really listen to the pain points and challenges of the person on the call, as well as the initial reason they decided to come looking for our solution. To help stay across the sentiment across sectors and company sizes of what people need from a solution.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind immediately, but will continue to test the functionality.

Gong: developing sales orgs into world class teams

10/10 Easy, useful and overall necessary in an inside sales role in which young professionals are hoping to learn.

Pros

Gong is a phenomenal product. As an SDR and someone who is semi-new to the workforce, I am constantly looking for ways to improve and grow within my career. Having the ability to record each conversation, get a transcript version and be able to share this with my team has made it easy for training, feedback and constant growth.

Cons

Gong really doesn't have any issues in my opinion. There may be room for improvement in the search bar - as you type it makes recommendations and then maps you to the one it thinks you're referring to, but sometimes I am just trying to search a generic word and it makes it difficult.

Extremely helpful software - saves us so much time

We used to store recorded calls in some weird folder that existed in some bizarre shared server thing-a-majig and it was honestly a nightmare to find things and play back calls. We had zero visibility into things like talk time. Now I'm able to easily asses the health of an account by pin-pointing my own listening to only what the client has said on a call. We are much better off with gong, and it helps us with more focused follow up for our clients, as we're able to recall more granular detail of what was said.

Pros

Very quickly asses a call, what happened, who said what. Also ability to very quickly focus on a portion of a call, or something a client has said. Has significantly improved our ability to give feedback to our team, train and build upon weaknesses and strengths.

Cons

I wish the transcript was more accurate. This is certainly an extra cherry on top type of feature, as it's not always needed but there are times where it would be amazing to be able to copy paste or search for certain terms, and the AI just isn't quite there.

Gong is a Sales Essential

Gong has enabled me to be able to quickly assess a rep's performance on calls and easily share improvement points. Also, their blog is one of the best I've ever read.

Pros

Gong has increased my ability to coach my team on their calls exponentially. I love the ability to quickly and efficiently learn what I need to know about the calls and the various ways the Gong platform allows me to understand my team's skill level and coach to that. I also love the ability to create custom scoring rubrics and use them to benchmark the team's progress.

Cons

I have no cons really. Gong is an awesome tool.

Gong for Managers

Managing a larger team made it difficult to address all calls, and decide which calls to pull from. GONG makes it easy to focus my strengths on the calls that matter. It also helps my team listen to their own calls, to prepare for demos in a more timely manner.

Pros

Being able to play back calls at higher speeds, and read the transcript. Gives me the ability to go through many calls throughout my day. Even better, I can set alerts for key words or phrases, so I can only focus on those calls.

Cons

It is hard to pick what not to like about GONG, but sometimes the transcript doesn't do the best job of translating, and you would need to listen again in order to understand the translation it made.

A must have tool for sales and customer success

Pros

Gong gives our team the ability to gain actionable insights into how well we are handling calls with clients. Do we repeat words too often? Do we allow enough time between our sentences? This is also an amazing system of record for calls so I can go back and review what was discussed previously. Clients love to receive the recordings as well, especially when they are instructional training calls.

Cons

I wish there would be the ability to cater the insights much more to Customer Success. It's very sales focused.

Great for sales coaching

Overall we are very happy with Gong. I would recommend Gong to anyone considering it for sales coaching

Pros

-Enables sales coaching - helps AEs listen to what their customers are saying during conversations, instead of taking notes - helps with handoffs from sales to customer success - quickly search through calls to find key moments

Cons

- some of the recent feature additions have made it over-complicated.

Gong is a salesperson's dream

Pros

It's so important to identify your prospects needs, but it can be difficult to absorb everything they are relaying. Having access to a tool like gong, gives me the ability to revisit my calls, dissect my prospect's responses and identify their needs. Gong makes this easier by filtering by keyword, offering graphs so you can click into specific parts of each call, compiles key words used throughout and gives my co-workers a place to listen and make suggestions.

Cons

I haven't found anything negative when using gong.

Love Gong! So helpful!

Pros

I'm a Solutions Engineer..I'm on calls all day long, and many are video calls. I can't always type or write notes while i'm handling calls. It's imperative to be able to go back and listen to some of my meetings and be able to quickly find a certain topic that a certain person was speaking about. Not only does Gong record and transcribe calls, but being able to differentiate between who is talking and sort the call by topics/questions/etc. is super helpful when you need to go back for quick notes.

Cons

I don't really dislike anything...hard to say.

Immediate insight into my calls

Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

I'm a genuine fan of Gong

Pros

It enables me to focus fully on the customer. I don't worry about taking notes, toggling between screens, or making sure to remember salient points. I am wholly dedicated to the conversation I am involved it with the customer, because I know that later I'll be able to review the call in many different ways: I can review only what I said, only what another individual said, I can drill down by topic or next steps. For me it saves me from the worst parts of myself.

Cons

They were once doing some kind of software update in the middle of the night, right when I had a meeting with an overseas company. I was livid but they were great about it.

GONG for CSM

Pros

The transcript - being able to listen back to questions clients ask and ensuring I include all action tiems

Cons

So far, I enjoy the product - nothing to complain about

Game Changer

Outstanding way to retain information discussed, study my own and other behaviors to improve. It's quickened our new hire on-boarding and improves direct coaching. This tool is a game changer.

Pros

Easily integrated with existing tools to optimize efforts and capabilities. I'm an avid note taker, but this tool makes me so much more effective at maximizing conversations held and ensures I retain important information. This tool also allows me to learn from my peers on my time by providing a library of knowledge.

Cons

The call scripts/voice to text are not as accurate as one might hope. (Sometimes downright comical) You would not be able to read a call's script alone and understand the call. However, the Gong website and app is easy to use that listening to the calls anywhere is simple without this feature being pristine.

Didn't know what I was missing until I had it

we purchased it for conversational tracking, as well as for training purposes.

Pros

I love the call tracking, the account insights as well as the screen capture. It does a great job of transcription of calls as well as identifying the next steps based on their own internal AI. I have been able to streamline my reviewing and aggregate the call reviews that used to take me a full day to do now takes seconds. when looking at companies to support, I ask specifically if they have Gong, and if they don't I look and think less of them. It means that they don't have a dedicated need for quality or for training their sales and support people.

Cons

That there can be data double-dipping if call recording is done inconsistently across teams. This is a case by case basis for the end-user.

Life Changing Tech

Excellent. It has allowed me and my org become more customer centric. We can listen and engage in calls more effectively, we can revisit previous calls, and we can analyze what's working, what's not, how we can improve and makes it easy to share with others.

Pros

It allows me to be more engaged with my customers in conversations. Instead of spending time scribbling notes, I can have a conversation, and review later to add proper notes and allow me to revisit conversations before a call to add important context.

Cons

No real cons. It would be great if it could transpose notes for me from the call or an "executive summary" but I realize that's asking alot. Love it as is.

GAME CHANGER

Super excited about really getting going. GONG

Pros

For the life of me, I don't know how I ever worked without this platform. ONE month in. Gong is a GAME CHANGER. If you are looking to scale up your team for success this is a tool that is a MUST have. It will save your team, literally, 100's of hours of time. Over the last month, I have started at a new company, leading a team, and this is single handle the best way to coach, give feedback, and...

Cons

The transcription isn't perfect but is works better than any other transcription I have ever used. It would be cool, if you could edit the transcription for library assets for training purposes

An incredible tool!!!

There is a much larger collection of information at their fingertips for new hire training, allowing them to learn faster and not be at the mercy of the day's calls. Also helpful for both the seller and the prospect to examine details and maintain accountability.

Pros

Gong is a fantastic training tool that allows you to shadow calls across the firm at your leisure, which is very helpful for new workers. Also excellent for sharing calls with prospects or having as a reference for information discussed during the call. It also offers details to assist you improve your sales strategies, such as how much back and forth there is between you and the customer.Are you talking too much about the prospect? Easy to search requires keywords to be pre-selected by Gong or typed into a search field. Also, it automatically transcribes the call with a high level of accuracy, around 85-90 percent. Calls are available for review shortly after they are completed, usually within an hour, but sometimes even minutes.

Cons

If you start a meeting and then have to switch to another service or restart for whatever reason, the new meeting will not be detected.