All categories

Shelf Reviews - Page 2

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Shelf Review

- First Call REsolution - Collaboration - Quality and the content is a lot more structured and up to date

Pros

The support and availability that Shelf offers is amazing. This is for everything, including help with the configuration, training, support and future enhancements. The ease of use and search fonction really helped our Contact Center grow which was a big issue for us with our previous software.

Cons

Decision Tree is still new and had some bug issues but Shelf has been working very hard on improving this small portion.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

User-friendly with professional - and quick - support to help navigate any challenges.

Ability to easily - and securely - share resources with our global movement.

Pros

We're an international organization, and needed a platform that would be affordable and accessible globally. The staff at Shelf.io are incredibly customer-oriented and constantly seeking feedback to add new features and upgrade the system. The library is intuitive to use from both an administrator's and user's perspective. The search function is robust, making it easy to find relevant resources. And, the ability to have specific user-groups for certain documents is a huge benefit for us. Without question, an amazing resource for the price.

Cons

I do wish we could customize the look (e.g., co-brand with logos, colors, etc.) - but really, if my only major complaint has to with aesthetics, the product certainly is working for us.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Great experience, friendly, knowledgeable, no sales pressure which was AWESOME and APPRECIATED!

Easy CMS for users with NO TECH experience. Deepens our value to our members by providing not just our content but valued content from external sources in 1 easy to find, easy to search, and easy to share online platform.

Pros

We like the ease of sharing files and different resources across our membership. The ease of adding both internal content via OneDrive and external content with their Web Clipper is not found on any other product. Having the ability to customize user groups with specific roles in their group is a great feature. Allows us to promote people to roles in a group but not on the overall platform. The ability to make certain things public and certain things private allows for easy sharing and linking from website and social media. The search feature is the most impressive feature, allowing users to search from a wide variety of content across the entire platform. Don't forget about the ability for authors to get emails alerting for new comments to easily respond and address certain questions.

Cons

The lack of a built in CRM tool and/or linking via api keeps the product from certain users but is the best CMS on the market.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Easy to use platform for busy teams

Pros

From adoption the platform was noticeably very clean and unique in terms of design and I felt like I had a direction immediately. Many other tech apps are stressful to adopt and you are never quite sure you are utilizing the most important features. Not only was it easy for me to figure out, but getting my relatively small team on my Shelf was just as easy. We created our own folder structure to suit our needs and organization preferences and everything has been smooth and I can find everything I upload very easily, especially when I know who uploaded it.

Cons

I wish we can collaborate on documents inside of Shelf, but there really is not much a problem because they integrate with Google Drive directly so we can just upload it after.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Shelf has been helping us avoid some costly mistakes.

Pros

Shelf makes it easy for us to capture content using the web clipper and then forget about it until we need it again. The search features make it easy to locate stuff without knowing the name or the exact folder location. They have tags, a tag library and customized badges.

Cons

I wish the web clipper enabled us to capture slideshare presentations and podcasts. I wrote to their customer service team and they said that it was in the works.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Great information sharing tool!

Our organization is using it as an information library. Storing, sharing, and searching information became so much easier with Shelf. Keep it up and hope continuous improvements are implicated.

Pros

- Web Clipper is a wonderful tool - very easy to use and share information - Muti-matrix of hierarchy and organization provide easier search among thousands of information (gems)

Cons

- Not being able to use on mobile devices (the web clipper) - Still not able to put "&" sings in tags (M&A, E&M, Food & Beverage, etc) although - Foreign texts (Korean) are broke in Word files, while they look perfectly fine on PDF files.

Shelf usage

Pros

It is easy to use; There is a possibility with CRM integration; Wide range of functions related to knowledge base management.

Cons

Sometimes it takes some time to create decision trees, but I believe it is a force of habit.

Unique

Pros

Shelf lets me put everything in one place and synchronize with other apps like Dropbox. It has a slick interface and was easy to learn. It's nice that I have both private areas and areas that I can share with an organization. I like how the tags work.

Cons

I haven't really found any big downsides with Shelf. My main online storage areas are Dropbox and Google Drive and those are covered. It does take a little playing with Shelf to understand how to maximize its benefits, but there is good customer support available. My questions were answered quickly.

A Unique Product and Team

Support team has been a genuine pleasure to work with. I have appreciated their helpfulness and care from initial contact, through the sales process, and now as a customer of several months. They are responsive to my requests and go out of their way to assist as needed, all while they continue to improve the product month by month.

Pros

Shelf offers the unique ability to combine a great variety of digital content from a diversity of places into one central, organized, and searchable location. This, coupled with an in-depth training and onboarding process, as well as thoughtful constraints within the platform, assist the user not only with building but also maintaining an orderly and useful digital library.

Cons

Shelf satisfies all of my major needs, but I do hope for future improvements in the areas of a) more advanced search features, b) finer-grained permissions options, c) more advanced tagging features, and d) custom fields and filters.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Shelf is a great content collaboration tool

Pros

High level organizational capabilities, easy to use & attractive interface, the Web Clipper. The organizational capabilities are great (especially if you implement your company’s existing file structure), but the search feature is so fine-tuned that you don’t need to be overly organized to find what you need.

Cons

There's no built in messaging or chat feature but they told me that a Slack integration was coming in the future.

Shelf for the win!

As a proposal manager with a hefty proposal work load, and short deadlines, I need my response content fast. Considering we have over 3,000 content records (and growing daily) there's a lot of information to sift through. Shelf makes this incredibly easy and efficient. Updating current records is super easy, as is adding in new content. And Shelf indexes it all amazingly fast!

Pros

Shelf is intuitive, easy to use, and extremely powerful. I appreciate the ease with which I can manage content; both creating new items, and managing current content.

Cons

So far I haven't found a lot to dislike about Shelf. Members of my team were hoping for Boolean search capabilities, but I find that searching with just basic terms brings back all the results I could possibly need. All thanks to the extreme indexing power of Shelf.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Find everything faster and you know it's the correct article

Some of the platform are just big theory that doesnt help at all. This is nicely constructed so you can find fast what you need. It helos a lot when you are doing analyses and you need to fast check some procedures

Pros

I liked the tree option, plus implementation onto the other platform is very useful! For now there is no complains, nor from me or others users. Its a very good platform especially when you wanna help others to teach them some procedures better

Cons

As I said no complaints so far, I am not using it for long, but in this time its very much useful!

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Shelf is the best knowledge base!

Highly recommended platform. I loved the options, customer support, very fast and easy to use, also user friendly.

Pros

The option “search, gems, tags, decision tree, support”

Cons

Everything was ok, there was nothing that i didn’t like

Shelf Review

Overall, Shelf has been amazing. When I've had any questions or issues, Rick has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

I enjoy how easy it is for me (admin/content creator) to be able to set up a module in Shelf, and make it accessible for my team to easily search. Their productivity and efficiency has increased since using Shelf.

Cons

No complaints, everything is very easy.

Review for knowledge base Shelf

There were not any problems. I loved the platform.

Pros

It is very comfortable in usage. There a lot of functions and features.

Cons

I can't say anything about negative sides of Shelf, because I have not seen it yet.

Shelf makes life easier.

Pros

Just like its integrations with other productivity tools such as GSuite, Gmail, Dropbox, Evernote, and others, Shelf integrates with your workflow seamlessly. Being organized with regard to digital content creates new opportunities for work, collaboration, and productivity, while also reducing stress and frustration that wasn't as visible before using Shelf.

Useful knowledge base

User friendly software with lots of options and tools

Pros

Easy to use , a lot of features , more options

Cons

Everything was great , had some problems with assist but i think its because of language

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Amazing internal knowledge base!

Pros

We use Shelf as our knowledge base and onboarding tool for IT employees. We like how easy it is to organize different media (text, links to online articles, uploaded files, audio files, image files, video files, etc) into groups and folders. It integrates well into our existing systems and serves as our main focal point for organization.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

My content team has come to live by Shelf.

Pros

Given the expanse of the internet, Shelf is a necessary tool for keeping track of research. Shelf saves us hours by keeping us from backtracking, shuffling links and losing "that one great thing I read somewhere." Apart from storage and organization, Shelf's advanced OCR features help us process giant documents so we can find the perfect section without reading endless pages. As we build our library of material, Shelf is replacing Google as my first place to look for data.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great product and great customer service!

We use Shelf with our Center of Emphasis service.

Pros

The easy-to-use organizational structure and web clipper are both superb for curating, organizing and tagging information items into digital libraries. OCR enabled search within all digital media including web content, documents, images, videos, presentations, media types and tags provides our users with fast and actionable views of even vast volumes of content.

Cons

I wish they had created Shelf sooner. There are very few collaborative taxonomy programs available and even fewer with the features and functionalities of Shelf.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Great tool for content management

Pros

The faceted search is invaluable to the work we do in managing our extensive collection of educational material.

Cons

Inability to download and tag multiple files/gems at once.

A great tool!

It was a wonderful experience implementing Shelf. The project won the Partnership and Collaboration Award 2018 with Ontario's Economic Development Council.

Pros

It is easy to use and being able to store and share any format of data is very convenient.

Cons

The email addresses of other members are not stored, so when you want to share information, you need to know the address of that person (or copy and paste it from your email).

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

I recommend Shelf because it is easy to use

Pros

It is easy to use, for our job it is an important thing

Cons

I really don't have anything to write here

• Likelihood to recommend7.00/10

Excellent user experience for an unfinished product. I look forward to seeing future updates.

Allows me to organise the massive amount of web content that I consume on a daily basis so that I can find it again.

Pros

It has a very visually aesthetic interface and allows you to add most content from the web to your own personal library.

Cons

It's very limited in functionality once you've saved content. There isn't anything to do except search for it. I have been informed that the developers will be adding such functionality in the future though!

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Easy start up

Pros

Both user friendly for admins and users.

Cons

Please fix the table design. When you try to edit a table, the popup for "add more rows "etc always appears in the box you are suppose to add text in. Very irritating.