Wix Logo

Wix

Website builder & business management platform

Wix Reviews

4.4

9.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.19/10

Reviews by rating

I find it truly amazing how little work I need to put in to make an amazing website. You will have people think the website was made by a professional not by yourself in a short amount of time.
I found WIX through an advertisement that claimed that the software was easy to use to create a website for yourself and it's true. It's easy to use and also fun to use.
You will like Wix and I'm sure with a little time and effort and your creative juices flowing, you can create a spectacular website that is user friendly and your customers would appreciate.
Their policies are ridiculous and customer service knowledge and etiquette are terrible. I have to share the latest bizarre policy I've run into.
Sometimes the apps cost money or you have limited amount of the app you can use before it costs money. This is frustrating when you start using it and then realize you are stuck.
The only problem that I have faced is that trying get to different pages of your website while in editing mode is confusing.

9,451 reviews

Paul P.

Computing lecturer

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great application

Transcript

Paul: Hi, I'm Paul. I'm an e-learning instructional designer and a podcast host. I give Wix a five out...

Chase M.

Owner

#1 Go to for easy end user experience

Transcript

Chase M.: Hi, my name is Chase. I am a web designer in the marketing industry and I give Wix a five out...

Avash K.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to...

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible. Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Kalina B.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Wix, Your Potential Business Site Builder or No?

Overall my experience with wix has been great. By using wix I'm eliminating business problems by being able to create professional template alternatives, providing an easy and understanding website creator, and showing products I am selling easily for customers to view and purchase if they need to. Benefits I realize I have by using Wix is that I am able to provide excellent customer service to my clients and this helps me gain a more clientele and great reviews/ratings from customers.

Pros

Overall I really like using wix as a website builder. I believe the most impactful features wix provides is having many customized options like using artistic illustrations and templates to add to your site, you're able to have a professional logo of your own, customer support is easy to connect with, and you're able to discover new techniques that show you different ways of providing services to customers. Integrations were fairly easy for me to do with existing business processes I use like Goodle Drive, PayPal and Zapier.

Cons

I didn't really find any features that weren't useful for any business to use when creating his website. The only issue I did have a few times was sometimes Wix lags with internet connection and can a little time to load. But this issue has only occured twice for me. As mentioned before no difficulties happened for me when integrating with existing business processes I currently use.

jh

jon h.

Accounting, self-employed

wix review

Pros

easy to use and the customer support is excellent

Cons

it is to expensive when you want to subscribe

Chloe K.

Research, 10,001+ employees

Nice Basic Way to Start Out Making Websites, but Only Covers the Basics

Wix is great for first-time website designers and people who don't want to spend much time putting up their website. The cons are that it does look less nice than websites made on other platforms, there are fewer features you can customize to your website, and their customer service is subpar.

Pros

Wix is a very easy tool to use to develop your website, especially if you don't want to pay for a domain name then you can create a free website under their company it will just start with www.wix.com/(your website title). It is great for beginners just wanting to get their feet wet in website designing, which is exactly how I started using it.

Cons

Other Softwares like Wordpress are much more user-friendly, many more themes and free add-ons to make your website much more customizable. The biggest con for me is their customer service. Instead of BlueHost, Wordpress, and many other website developing platforms that provide you a number to directly contact their customer service whenever you want, for Wix you have to fill out an online form and...

MV

Monica V.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

No experience required to build a great product

Wix has made it easy to have a professional website with high quality media such as images and video, and updating information in almost real time is possible.

Pros

Wix offers a variety of tools and resources to create professional websites without previous experience necessary.

Cons

Everyone would prefer a lower price but I do see the value on the amount we pay.

MR

Mark R.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Great for simple sites, stay away for advanced sites

Generally frustrated. When Wix works, it's great but be sure to give yourself 2 or 3 times more time than expected to fix your layout. If you have a simple layout and do not need to display data in tables, Wix may be a good choice for you.

Pros

In general, the templates and layouts are super simple to use. Its easy to add images and text and customize layouts.

Cons

Where do I start? The layouts are good but basic. As soon as the layout gets customized beyond the basics, it becomes nearly impossible to control section layout from resizing and breaking the section mobile layout. Aligned items become maligned. Fonts randomly resort back to default. If you want to constantly redo your layout, Wix is for you. Also, the system often operates at a snails pace making...

JA

Joy A.

Wix is a lifesaver

Pros

As a digital marketing college student, we had to make websites every month or so and wix was a major life changer. It’s so easy to navigate and you can get a website set up in less than an hour!

Cons

I have no issues with it at all! I found it so quick and easy

II

Isaac I.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Great customer service

Pros

I love Wix as a cutting edge platform. I love the customer service folks even more!

Cons

It took a while to get some courses going, but you finally came through with a awesome community following!

BA

Bob A.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Great Support!

Pros

Great Support and the design features as well as the apps.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind regarding "what do I like least" about Wix, but I'm required to put words into this box. So there.

DC

Denise C.

Retail, self-employed

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Quick simple website builder

It’s fairly simple to design webpage and implement

Pros

It’s fairly easy to use and implement webpage

Cons

Some functions are complicated or difficult to finagle

JB

Jacob B.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, self-employed

Former Web Designer prefers Wix

Generally it fits my business needs, and I have been very impressed, it pretty much delivers on what it says it can do, which can sometimes be hard to come by in the web application offereings.

Pros

Wix enables almost any user that has experience editing a word document to put up a highly professional website. Allowing a user to test out the features offered for free to see if it is a good match for them, and offering paid services if the user finds that it is a good match for them.

Cons

The pricing of the apps that can be added is not clear. Additionally if one decides to add one of these paid apps its not real clear what you're getting. The "AI" web designer does not work that well for those who are looking for customization, it still has a long way to go and was fun to try out but I would say that its a waste of time for now. The option to hire a wix expert seems to still be in its infancy, its not real clear what the costs would be for having an expert work on your website. Look at the what the paid users and see what they are using the WIX for, then make a lot of templates for those users, and not what they think is trendy

matt a.

Motion Pictures and Film, self-employed

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Pros

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Cons

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

CJ

Chelsea J.

Performing Arts, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

The most user-friendly website builder

I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Pros

The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Cons

Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text...

Arran I.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

JM

Jeff M.

Design, 11-50 employees

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Pros

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Cons

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Kaprice Dal Cerro, B.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

More diverse than you think

I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

Pros

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

AL

Andrew L.

Design, 1-10 employees

Wix is a great CMS with a few Issues

Overall it's a great platform. It has really powerful features and add-on apps that can bring life and amazing capabilities to your website. Plus they are always improving things...

Pros

Wix is one of the best CMS website platform on the market. It requires no coding skills and very little technical skills. You do have to be pretty savvy with using design software but they offer a really cool self built templates that you just plug in your information and your good to go. After working with Wix for a couple of years it becomes easier and easier to use. I love their design templates. It makes it easy to design amazing website with little design skills.

Cons

The biggest issue I have with Wix is that it's sometimes hard to line up images and text with their drag and drop features. Also, their mobile response feature is very weak. You will have to build the site on the desktop and then have to rearrange everything again for the mobile view which can sometimes be very tedious.

MT

Mark T.

Design, 1-10 employees

A solid no to low-code offering, with frequent new enhancements

Very positive for our studio's needs, where presentation and design are on par with utility. Wis is not going to work for those who are hard-core, coder-only types.

Pros

Truly a no-code option for those needing that, and a low-code option being brought up to speed with the new Velo offering. Ascend Marketing platform add-on is a good value for the faeture set. Support is almost always exceptional.

Cons

Not pleased with some of the awkward interface issues with Velo, the coding aspect of the platform. It has a ways to go before I would consider it mature and offerting some of the same parity on CMS features.

JM

Jonathan M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Easy-to-use CMS Platform

Wix allows us to easily manage 5 active sites and create pop-up sites for conferences. Our sites range from blogging to event registration to general information/contact submission.

Pros

Wix is an incredibly versatile content management system for websites. It's both for a novice, and for a seasoned web developer. The more you grow in your knowledge, Wix is right there to give you the tools and resources you need to upgrade your site and make it better. This includes dynamic forms and pages along with stored databases.

Cons

The only slight issue/delay we had was setting up our storefront. We needed to integrate with Wix POS and that took about a day or so to get approved. We also had a little trouble with integrating a tax system, but they were minor delays.

GB

Gary B.

Music, self-employed

From Rookie web designer to Pro music profile

I have been using Wix since 2013. Being a total rookie in web design, Wix has been my biggest crush as it made it easy for me to put all my ideas from my mind into the website. The drag and drop features without using codes made it easy for me to bring my ideas to life. As an artist I usually say that my website is like my virtual home people can come and visit and have a chat and with Wix this is totally a fact. From my artist profile, biography, selling my tracks, hosting live videos and selling merchandise, Wix has succeeded into making all of these features easily accessible and fully operational making my artist profile look professional.

Pros

Using Wix has been an amazing adventure for someone like me who does not know much about web design. Being an artist, it helped me so much into creating my artist website with ease. It took me about 1 week to built a proper website and it is so easy if I need to make updates, anytime. It has most of the features I think of. Wix made my artist life way better and the guidance we get on how to get the most out of it is very helpful. With Wix my artist profile looks super Pro with all the features available.

Cons

Sometimes there are a few bugs and glitches while editing but after refreshing the page a few times it goes back to normal. Payment methods for a few countries are pretty hard to get but I know Wix works hard into making ease of payment accessible for most countries. It took me at least a year before getting the right payment option for my website and now my website is monetizing quite easily.

JE

Jana E.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Simple or complex, it's always beautiful!

Wix has been a very positive experience. I also work with a rep who has been amazing. I can't see ever switching to another platform.

Pros

As a former Creative Director, having a website that reflected the exact personality of my business was paramount. Wix has the tools, customization and power to create *exactly* what I wanted. As my business has grown, I have come to appreciate even more capabilities in e-commerce, reports, automated tasks and CRM. I like the Wix platform so much that I volunteered to create another site for a state-wide...

Cons

The more I work with Wix, the more I want it to do. Sometimes the features are already added, sometimes not. The nice thing about finding a feature you want that isn't available yet is that you can up-vote it. When the feature is added, Wix let's you know. (Happy dance time!)

GK

Geoffrey K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The World’s Leading Brand.

I love Wix because it is a simple to use website tool. The user interface is friendly, familiar and intuitive. I can use it for the most simple tasks, like adding a video or photo to my website, or for more complex tasks like adding an interactive map or a new feature. Therefore, I am able to get the job done quickly and easily. With Wix, I know that clients have no way of fixing issues with my sites once I send them off to them as generated from Wix because it automatically creates a backup. There are very few drawbacks like what other companies experience when using this program.

Pros

I liked the fact that there is an easy-to-use and intuitive interface. It's quick and easy to fill out all my information, makes it super easy for me to create a beautiful website without having to worry about technical difficulties. I don't have to worry about going out of business because the software we use encourages us to get our promotions out there.

Cons

The best thing about Wix is that it is easy to use and has a variety of available templates. I like having a lot of options, but sometimes too many features can be difficult to navigate. One feature that I really loved using was the ability to create unique pages, but it was lost when I upgraded my membership package. The least favorite thing about this software is that it lacks social media integration.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

easy-to-use, intuitive drag-and-drop editor, but expensive

Overall, using WIX has been positive. Designing our website was easy and straightforward. However, the price is high, and we decided to look for alternatives.

Pros

While Wix's drag-and-drop editor is easy to use, editing can be slow at times due to the web browser’s inability to process data quickly. You can also create your own themes from scratch or choose from their existing ones if you prefer not to do so yourself. There are templates for specific industries like there are for Squarespace or Weebly, but this may be less necessary since you can design your own site as needed using Wix’s tools instead of relying on premade layouts designed by others who specialize in those fields.The site builder is easy to use and can help you create a professional-looking website in no time. Wix’s blog editor is easy to navigate, and there are many templates available for different types of blogs.

Cons

-Wix is expensive, especially if you end up needing more than one site.-The Wix App Market is not as robust as the WordPress Marketplace, but plenty of apps are still available.Additional email accounts are expensive, and you can only have one free domain. Wix’s website builder is the most popular but has drawbacks. The free version of Wix allows you to create a basic website with a handful of templates, but if you want to add more than one page to your site or use any of their premium features,

DW

Derek W.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Wix is better than Word Press and HTML www.dcsleds.com

I always tell everyone that they should use Wix as opposed to HTML or Word Press. The cool thing is that Wix can use HTML. I had a very old website that was built on HTML and all I wanted to do was transfer that site to Wix. I shopped around to see what it would cost to transfer the files. 300 to 700 dollars. I gambled and just highlighted the HTML files and went into Wix and Wix has a HTML button to add the files on your website. I did it all in less than 5 minutes. I saved hundreds of dollars. And I saved time.

Pros

The ease of use for someone on my level. I'm a robotics engineer. And I teach robotics on a college level. So programming is not a big issue for me. I think Wix should add their own version of Chat GPT. Maybe you already have it, and I don't know how to apply it. If so, please email me on how to use it.

Cons

I don't mind using the Wix bots. But there are certain questions your bot would not be able to answer.But the way Wix moved me to a real person was great.

VB

Virginia B.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

To Wix or not to Wix? That is the question… Painless Web Development Platform

Pros

Creating your first website can sound quite tedious, especially if you don’t know the first thing about web design (SEO, headers, alt tags, etc.). With over 500 beautifully seamless templates to choose from you can guarantee there will be one of your liking that will help you reach a nice starting point. After spending many hours searching for the best entry level, website development platform, I made...

Cons

- The free version of this platform places Wix advertisements on your website and does not provide the option to personalize your own domain (free version subdomains are set up like this: username.wixsite.com) - Utilizing the free version, make sure to optimize all images and compress videos before uploading to your website to maximize the amount of storage available to you. You may also notice that the free version of Wix tends to take a while to load your website (heavily automating your website will most definitely slow things down)