Helpjuice Reviews

4.73/5 (64 reviews)

Pros
  • What I like most is it's clearness. In other words, the fact that it's kind of a wide open look, like a canvas, feels nice to me.Jonathan Z.Read the full review
  • I enjoy getting the weekly analytics. The support team has been great, and resolve my issues/requests in less than 24 hours.Christina B.Read the full review
  • They don't make me feel like I'm a nuisance. They make me feel like I am helping them to build a better app.Steve R.Read the full review
Cons
  • I haven't found anything to dislike about Helpjuice.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • No livechat automation, but I understand that is in the works.Ilan M.Read the full review
  • We've been live for just a few days and haven't faced any challenge other than having to learn how to use a new tool.Marco A.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Marco Armienta

Great first impression

Reviewed 2019-12-20

The support team is outstanding. There is no back and forth. They understand the issue you describe and they fix it. Their customization services aer fast and reliable.

Pros
It's so easy to customize by having direct access to the HTML and CSS files in addition to the themes/templates they provide. You can build a complex solution and integrate email support, SSO, subdomains, etc. or a very basic knowledge base.

Brad Cohen

Great platform for Knowledge Base material

Reviewed 2019-09-13

With the addition of the Helpjuice software, we were able to solve a critical need in the Servicing / Customer Service space. Quick access to specific areas within our policy and procedures is critical for servicing our customers. The install of Helpjuice was able to solve that and other regulatory requirements.

Pros
At Home Point, we have used the Helpjuice software/platform to act as a knowledge base (job aid) for our Customer Service agents to have at their fingertips for frequently asked questions and information. The agents (and admin team) love the ease of use (i.e. search capabilities, UI, etc.) when accessing this information. It is crucial that our agents to be able to access this information quickly when servicing our customer base. The Helpjuice software has been able to deliver that.

Cons
In my role at Home Point (Senior Direct, Analytics), one area that I think the Helpjuice software could improve upon is within reporting/analytics. While the [admin] site has some metrics that can be provided, the detail, UI, and level of metrics could be improved.

David Michaud

Amazing product

Reviewed 2019-07-08

My team was impress. No more document all over the network hard to find to share knowledge.

Pros
Easy to use Friendly Interface. The content is indexed so fast

Cons
The editor might gain a few more feature in future Some search option can be optimise

Raychel Johnson

We need to add more features

Reviewed 2016-10-25

Ease of use would be enhanced just by adding a search bar to an open article and Microsoft Word editing within the article.

Pros
clean design

Cons
Missing: Feedback option from internal users Start ratings from external users Font size choice or consistency Word type editing for articles Internal users favorites list Internal users search history Add links to jump to certain parts of articles ex: mobile vs PC Access to search bar when in an open article Video ability New article request function from user

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Jason Rojas

Help Juice is amazing

Reviewed 2019-05-08

I think the help juice team is amazing and they are always available with any questions and are so open to feedback. They may be a smaller team but they are brilliant and are customer service oriented. they are open to feedback and its nice that they show their roadmap

Pros
I love the software, it was so easy to implement, the team was available to help at any time. you can get this up in running in under an hour. they offer to import any current documentation you may have already to help with implementation. It is super easy to use and they provide amazing tools to control the look and feel of a knowledge base article. I like that you can relate articles to one another, you can apply keywords. we have a special keyword for new hires that way they can read a bunch of articles during their orientation. love the customizable website they provide to give you a googlish web page that looks like your website.

Cons
really nothing. the software just works and it does the job

Richard Heinrich

Quick to get set up, easy to use, and great support!

Reviewed 2018-09-12

The help center that came with our customer support software wasn't meeting our needs and we wanted something more flexible that we could fully customize. Helpjuice provides the best of both worlds — an easy to use user interface for people to add/edit articles and the flexibility to amend the code and completely customize the site. Best of all, if there's a specific feature you really want if you ask them they'll get it done.

Pros
The support is fast and responsive. They are also great at taking feedback and incorporating it into their product. The user experience is clear and simple to use, but — if you want it — you can access the entire backend and customize your site to your specifications.

Cons
It's currently lacking integrations, e.g. with CRM tools such as Salesforce.

Tyler Cooper

Excellent Knowledge Base Platform

Reviewed 2018-08-03

It has been a very easy transition. From migrating our content to their extremely quick and reliable support, we've had an excellent experience so far.

Pros
It is extremely customizable. We have strict brand rules we have to follow and Helpjuice allowed us to make all the customizations we needed.

Cons
The ability to edit articles from their published URL. I believe this is actively being worked on.

Daniel Ramler

Great software and exceptional service

Reviewed 2019-10-13

The onboarding experience was fantastic! In minutes I had someone from Helpjuice contact me and we were able to get our help site customized, populated, and live. They were exceptional and quick to make the customizations we needed.

Pros
The multi use of the platform by having both public and internal content.

Cons
Would be great to have a few more logins with the base package.

Dennis Lee Nind

First in Class

Reviewed 2019-03-23

Fantastic, incredible product

Pros
The introduction of Helpjuice has improved our internal knowledgebase, reduced ticket flow and has drastically improved our clients ability to 'self help' by providing a simple, intuitive knowledgebase

Cons
Nothing. Great product through and through, with a great support team

Jacob Edmark

Easy to use, great service, worked for exactly what we needed it for.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Pros
Service has been responsive and excellent. Helped us make updates, and the software is also very easy to use with many features. Best available Knowledge Base for the money

Cons
None that I can think of, I was looking for a knowledge base only, many other companies have many extras that I don't need.

David Miller

Knowledge Base Software That Soars

Reviewed 2015-10-26

In 1927 Charles Lindbergh became the first person to fly an airplane across the Atlantic. On his return he was given a ticker-tape parade on the Washington Mall. He had made the impossible become possible. How? Because he had a utter, ruthless dedication to his goal. A SIMPLE, BEAUTIFUL PRODUCT I think if Lindbergh ran a SaaS company today, and was looking for knowledge base ('KB') software, he'd choose HelpJuice. Why? Because they've applied the same level of intellectual and practical discipline (that Lindbergh applied to his dream of flying the Atlantic) to their dream of creating an epoch-defining solution to an un-cracked problem (clunky, over-complex KB software applications). First, my disclaimer: I'm a co-founder of a tech start up & a customer of HelpJuice, who have been incredibly helpful to me in getting my knowledge base off the ground (a la Lindbergh). Now my qualifications. Before moving into tech I practised law for several years as a litigation / dispute resolution attorney. I learned that creating top class templates of information/resources, more than paid for itself through the delight clients experienced at receiving detailed, actionable legal advice. HelpJuice is the go-to tool in my view to help any SaaS business - your business - achieve this end. EASE OF USE HelpJuice works like Google/Bing for your KB with a search bar on the home page your home page. If their question isn't answered in the KB, a query lead capture form appears, so you can answer the query & create a template. CUSTOMER SERVICE & CUSTOMISATION The Helpjuice customer success team goes out of their way to provide professional services (for free) worth several hundreds of $ (if $1,000s) ensuring you're delighted. SIMPLICITY IN DESIGN & EXECUTION If you're looking for an advanced ticketing based customer support system, don't choose HelpJuice. No ticketing system? How can they help me then? Well, HelpJuice decided that the laser-like niche skills required to design and maintain and develop a KB software solution are considerably different from a customer support ticketing software solution. They're right, too. FUNCTIONALITY You get: - Thousands of searches on your KB a month - dozens of user admin accounts; different role/access segmentation - customisation of the KB; support pretty much any which way you want it etc. At the higher end: - 99% SLA - localisation - KB segmentation - making your KB an internal company site

Response from Helpjuice

You're the best, David!

Bill Ledebuhr

Highly customizable Knowledge Base solution

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-12-28

Pretty good overall. Had a few support kerfuffles but in the end, they came through and were great to work with. By far the best bang for your buck.

Pros
- Can customize it to basically anything you want it to be - Great personalized support - Fast customization requests - Really good editor - Plenty of themes to choose from - Analytics are great

Cons
- Can take too much customization to get it to 'feel' right for what you're doing - If you have a private site, sharing articles individually publicly with a client is cumbersome - Full export of site is not great as it exports in excel sheets - No dynamic creation of keywords or related articles - Can't 'continue numbering' in editor - Can't 'copy formatting' in editor - Search results do not contain category 'folders'

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Tara McNabb

Really Good!

Reviewed 2017-09-11

A nice userfriendly knowledgebase that my entire team can contribute to.

Pros
The software is really easy to use and navigate. I love how sleek the reports are as well as the weekly report of our sites health. Overall it's a huge improvement from our last knowledgebase hosted in salesforce

Cons
Support was a little slow to respond, it took roughly 4 days to get an initial response for an easy how-to. Sometimes the article formats look different from when you're editing it and from when you publish it. I would recommend to customers to keep the format as simple as possible. The other cons are just minor software enhancements like dynamic reporting but nothing has been a blocker or critical issue so far!

Response from Helpjuice

Hi Tara,

Thanks for the kind review. I'm very sorry it took so long for a response in that one instance!

I really feel bummed out about that, as it really never happens.

Thanks again for being a customer & for your kind review

Emil Hajric,
CEO of Helpjuice.com

Will Smith

Helpjuice is a perfect Help Center service

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We moved to Helpjuice for the following reasons: lots of options, saves us money. What we got however has eclipsed this. We have found Helpjuice to have more features than we expected, important reporting, wonderful customizability, and great customer support. They have been very responsive and willing to work with us through some fairly specific SEO requirements as well. All this for a cost that won't break the bank.

Pros
Noted in the review

Cons
We have had some downtime, but this has been limited.

Bryan Cassidy

Helpjuice: Fresh squeezed knowledge base goodness!

Reviewed 2019-01-25

We are new to Helpjuice, but so far the experience has been very pleasant - with quick responses (several other competitors never even bothered to return multiple requests for demo's and meetings, but Helpjuice did so within less than a day!)

Pros
Price-per-feature was a major consideration - Helpjuice offers a lot of options and customization that other companies break out in to more and more expensive tears or pricing, where you have to pay more to get one feature you may want and a bunch more you don't.

Cons
While there search is robust, and can search attached PDF files in articles, other competitors have a much more robust search engine, capable of searching just about any file type, including video files. That said, you also have to pay a lot more to get that advanced of a search engine, and the rest of what these competitors offered was not as appealing.

Anonymous

Exactly What We Needed

Reviewed 2019-03-11

We are using the software to create an internal knowledge base for a local government. Many of our users are not fans of having to learn a new piece of software but the ease of use that Helpjuice provides has made it incredibly easy to implement. We plan on eventually rolling out an external knowledge base for residents and the capabilities that Helpjuice provides will make that task easier than we could have ever hoped.

Pros
Helpjuice has been an incredible platform to start building our knowledge base. We had been struggling to find a good system that would give us the functionality we needed at a great price. Helpjuice has given us everything we hoped for and more and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. In addition, the customer support is top notch.

Cons
My only complaint about the software is having a constant pop-up in the bottom right of the screen when I log in to the dashboard.

Marty Smith

Very quick to setup, responsive team to assist in loading and customizing your KB.

Reviewed 2017-11-20

Pros
Customer service agent was very helpful in getting things setup. He answered all of our questions and assisted us in loading our existing help documents. It has a good interface with Salesforce and creating new content is very intuitive and quick.

Cons
I would like to see an improved Salesforce integration to be more native and through the App Exchange. It would be great to also see this being Lightning-enabled.

Response from Helpjuice

Hi Marty,

Thanks for your review -- we are happy to Frontsteps onboard, as a customer.

We're indeed a small team of 12 people, and have been doing Enterprise Knowledge Base software for over 7 years.

Nothing pains me more when customers look at our strength and take it as a weakness.

We've personally made sure we implement as many requests as you have asked for, and have made sure your customer experience is as small & cozy as it can be -- something you cannot get at our competitors.

Ilan Missulawin

Awesome Help Desk!

Reviewed 2016-10-25

We needed an automated helpdesk for ClickCease.com. We found dozens of services but we decided to go with HelpJuice due to the great automation features they provided. We are not sorry, we are super happy with the software and it has increased our retention! The guys at HJ (Emil and the crew) were speedy and efficient with the setup and have been there for us with any question we had. Don't think twice, this is the way to go!

Pros
The ability to instantly setup Q&A.

Cons
No livechat automation, but I understand that is in the works.

Response from Helpjuice

Massive thanks, Ilan!

Anonymous

Great system for providing support to customers!

Reviewed 2018-12-14

Pros
It's an awesome platform for distributing help and information to customers without requiring actual human assistance. Frees up human resources.

Cons
It's kind of a bear to set up, there is a lot of information that needs to be input for it to be effective.

Kelly Van Arsdale

Article management and knowledge base

Reviewed 2017-04-03

Thanks for the awesome product guys! The first of my two main feature requests is the ability to make a draft version of an already published article. Example: I have a published article and I want to plan for an upcoming feature change. I'd like to edit all of the articles this feature is mentioned in before the day the feature launches so that I can just push the changes live on that day. The new article would be linked as a draft version of the published articles so that when it goes live, it just replaces the live article. The second of my two requests is that your help page be a little more fleshed out. For example, I recently found that you do have the ability to nest content or articles within other articles. Which I think is awesome. But I didn't realize you had this because I searched your knowledge base and was unable to find anything about it there. Thanks!

Pros
Clean design. Easy to navigate.

Cons
Hard to find something without messaging support.

Stuart Moore

Fantastic on-boarding experience up until the rebranding which took longer than expected

Reviewed 2017-09-25

Recommended it already! This is a KB and Doc system for Product Managers... it is all about the data and helping me improve the product

Pros
Analytics, analytics, analytics - its why we move to the solution - great to get insight into popular articles. Abiliity to integrate into our existing Support process and have a dedicated document view.

Cons
Could do with a couple of improvements for publishing articles, lacks some of the capabilities used to when creating content - the code formatting is not very good, have line wrap issues and no syntax highlighting - difficult to create pdf reports that are legible as the formatting is very poor when trying to print the html page - difficult to export analytics data to other systems - need to it possible to just link to other articles (very easy to embed articles) - why not offer the option to display link or content when I use the

Response from Helpjuice

Hey Stuart! :-)

Thanks for the detailed review. I'm really bummed that we didn't WOW you with our customer service and product. We really take pride in our work.

I really appreciate the feedback, and am taking the cons as a todo list for us.

Thanks again for being a customer of Helpjuice.

Emil Hajric
CEO, Helpjuice

Austin Perry

Helpjuice has fit our internal knowledge base needs

Reviewed 2016-10-25

Our company was in the market for an internal knowledge base solution that would provide the features and design that an ordinary shared drive or wiki site couldn't provide. This software has increased our employee productivity by giving them direct access to the resources they need...fast! The best part is we are able to monitor what resource pages are receiving the most traffic, which ones could use a boost and even solicit ideas for content that doesn't exist yet. The Helpjuice team has been great about helping us design our site to fit our needs. As with everything there have been a few minor bumps, but they have addressed them and continue to roll out new features and functionality that make this software extremely valuable to our company. My advice to anyone looking at Helpjuice as a potential solution - take the opportunity to allow them to walk you through their software and check out a few of their client sites. Helpjuice isn't a cookie cutter solution, they will tailor it to the look and feel you need. That being said, it's most helpful if you go in with a clear vision of what you want to achieve and they will help you get there.

Response from Helpjuice

Thank you, Austin!

Brianna Dickey

Manager of Support Services

Reviewed 2016-11-18

I joined Helpjuice a few months ago and have been thrilled with the experience so far! The product is easy to use and the amount of freedom you get with the design is unprecedented. You're not locked into a cookie-cuter layout, so the sky's the limit! You can tell that they're pushing their product forward and trying to make something that is unique from other knowledge base platforms out there. Their recent updates to their Analytics shows that they've been working hard on providing value to their customers. We're just getting ready to add multi-language support and I wish there was an easier way to manage translated files (like auto-translations) but understand that can be considered an entirely different market itself. My favorite- incredible customer service!! Their team goes above and beyond to help make sure you have everything you need, just they way you want it. If I ever have a question or concern, they're quick to respond and always willing to help. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who is looking to build a one-of-a-kind knowledge base.

Tamar Khutulashvili

Knowledge base for any business

Reviewed 2019-02-26

In total, Helpjuice is the best option to spread knowledge in the company or within the customers in a user-friendly way which in the end saves time for your business and the readers.

Pros
The most useful thing is user interaction feature which lets the visitors evaluate an article and in case they can not find the proper article, they are able to write to the administrator directly. It is done in a simple and time-saving manner. What's more, it makes more people engaged in the content building process.

Cons
The only thing that can be even more developed is customization features. Although, the existing customization features are quite nice.

Ryan Sacha

Ideal tool to automate support

Reviewed 2016-10-25

When our small team was looking for a knowledge base tool, we kept seeing Helpjuice appear. And so, we gave it a go.... Instantly, upon signing up, we realized Helpjuice provides a much different experience than the other solutions out there. Helpjuice is really focused on being the best knowledge base platform, and you can tell from product to support. Their product is a bliss and very powerful, while their customer support is one of THE best support experiences I've had, in a while!

Pros
Extremely easy to use, powerful analytics, easy integration in website.

Cons
None

Response from Helpjuice

Thank you Ryan!!