Zoho Connect Logo

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
bitrix24
jostle

I like that I can use it both on my laptop and on my phone. The chat function is really fun to use and the app supports sending files.
The tool has been adopted very easily by our employees and its ability to integrate with the other business tools is a strong asset.
The experience is no doubt great. I would also encourage its technical team which is providing fantastic and responsive services.
Linking, structuring and looking up information within feeds and manuals is not working well. Tagging is almost useless as it is a personal setting only, it should help to flag information for others.
Unlike other Zoho products, I find Connect's interface confusing and am not the only one in the company having issues navigating it.

Rick P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Powerful team-collaboration tool with stunning extras and a generous free plan

Powerful but overwhelming. Several features and tools would make a compelling sidegrade for my team but I'm not sure the learning curve is worth it. Others may have different experiences and requirements.

Pros

My teams have moved from Yammer to Slack to Flock, with some experimentations with Asana, Trello, Dropbox Paper and probably a half-dozen other ancillary project management/collaboration apps. They all have their strengths. (Yammer was by far the app my varied team took to the quickest, but Flock is popular, too.) The free plan which pretty much has everything a small team/business could need, supports up to 25 users. Cool. Zoho Connect is more than a project management or team collaboration tool, it's an online file cabinet, library, calendar, call tool, integrated chat, docs, presentation tool, manuals, and tons more, with extensive integration with all of Zoho's other apps and tools. Is there a deeper ecosystem? But, see below:

Cons

All that power has a cost in terms of UX. It's exhausting figuring out where everything is and how to use all of the tools together. The devs have built a fairly easy to use collaboration space but it can be overwhelming and easy to overlook some integrations. I had to squint to see Cliq, the chat app, and Channels, way down on the bottom right. (Still don't know what distinguishes Channels from Groups...) If you need to get up and running fast with a temporary team there are better options, such as all the ones I mentioned. If your company is looking for an all-in-one powerful tool, Zoho Connect is in the top 3 you need to look at. Only 100 GB file storage for an enterprise plan is pretty stingy!

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Exactly what small teams need

I absolutely love the "manuals" feature where you are able to create standard operating procedures with ease and share them with specific colleagues and groups. I also love the video conferencing feature that also allows scheduling. The learning curve is very steep and it's easy to implement in teams.

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use, it's very intuitive and it has enough features to make it worthwhile using. What's also great is the integration with other tools like Zoho CRM and Zoho Projects for scraping tasks or Google Calendar for syncing events. It's very simplistic in nature and that's what makes it great. Need a full-fledged project management software? Go use Zoho Projects. Need instant communication? Use Zoho Cliq. Still Zoho Connect serves us as a central hub to manage the different applications and have a neat and easy to understand interface for the most important tasks.

Cons

There are some quirks I'm not happy with like that you aren't able to edit the forum posts of other members, only your own. Also the mobile app doesn't allow the creation of new forum posts.

BB

Boris B.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Quite OK but not good enough

We tried to run company policies, employee handbook, technical documentation, operational planning and other things here. But even the content of an employee handbook is testing the limits of Connect.

Pros

Task Management and Sharing features work quite smoothly and fast. I see improvement for checklist functionality within tasks (give more options of appliances like in Autopilot). Sharing feature is almost perfect.

Cons

The rigid layout and structure. Manual topics are cut off in the tiny menu bar even for short chapter titles. Nothing here is dynamic or can be configured. Text formats are unchangeable (according to feedback by support on a ticket). Huge headers, tiny paragraphs. Linking, structuring and looking up information within feeds and manuals is not working well. Tagging is almost useless as it is a personal...

FK

FRED K.

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Airtime Free Limitless Connection

Pros

Social media channels integrations. Agile file transfer and clips sharing. Rich-text editing and sharing. BIM persistent chats bots. Cloud docs and data security.

Cons

I'm a delight and contented software user, nothing to complain.

Government Administration, 11-50 employees

Great communication tool to compete tasks

The overall experience I have had has been a positive one, where I can jot different things down to each team member and see what I am assigned to as well.

Pros

I like that I can add certain individuals to a task I need to complete to get their input or have them complete a piece I need to complete my project.

Cons

I don't like that there can be a bunch of different chats open or in the list all at once. They need to have a task expiration or something. Maybe I don't see where this can be added. User rights maybe.

Fadiah R.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Zoho connect helps with communication and productivity

Pros

Zoho Connect concept provides comprehensive coverage throughout the whole journey. For me, I can speak well with a specific group, maintain focus, and then follow-ups with relative ease. It's straightforward to use. It draws everybody together totally fulfills the requirement.

Cons

There are several subcategories that I am presently researching and want to continue to do so. Other Connection applications may be more appropriate for my final goals in some cases. I am an equal opportunity opportunist when trying out new and different methods of doing things. I'd pull in the additional subcategories and have specific items display for particular people and situations.

Jared L.

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Looking for a companion platform to go with your exiting company chat service? Zoho Connect is great

Connect gave us a great platform to utilize with external team members where we could control the conversation and content shared easily

Pros

Live chat, content sharing, and the chat restrictions were all great features to use with our external partners

Cons

Adding new members to particular groups was often a challenge. We'd add them as new users in they system, but had issues with their ability to access the chat once they attempted their first login

Adrian P.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Its good but not great like all zoho software

We used it for business communication but went back to Slack in the end. It just works better

Pros

As part of the Zoho one suite, it is very affordable.

Cons

Zoho are the ultimate jack of all master of none when it comes to software solutions. Connect just didn't work well and I had to go to other more popular options

Ashleigh C.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Used other for 1-2 years

Zoho connect is a perfect tool that has made connectivity much easier and faster

Pros

Zoho Connect is one of the best way through which people can collaborate with their colleagues. It's additional fascinating features that made it famous includes like, comment, share ideas, discussions etc. It is awesome help desk that works fantastically and really easy to use with no Hindrance. People can quickly submit their I.T based issues with the help of Zoho Connect to the I.T department instead of sending hundreds of emails. So in this way it saves time of the users.

Cons

I haven't find any flaws in this software. It is really fantastic. The only limitation is that sometimes people have to face difficulties during it's set up and it lacks ability of documentation.

Janardhan P.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Team Interaction Tool

Pros

I got this tool when I subscribe to the Zoho one subscription. This tool made me easily interact with my teams and share documents and follow them closely. This tool increases my employee's productivity in hard times(pandemics). It connects all of us easily.

Cons

The price for only this tool little higher as compared to others. Need slight changes for business needs as well.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Amazingly usable project management, business management tool, and repository

We move the active phases of our projects into this app for management using kanban. We also use it to assign tasks to individuals, keep a company calendar, store commonly used files there, have a company manual, and it logs our chat on Zoho Cliq. It is currently the central hub of everything we do.

Pros

This is the most underrated product that Zoho provides. They also don't do a great job at explaining what it does, so I will. Connect offers teams, a hub in which to run a business. This includes calendars, events, tasks, kanban boards, chat, files repository, manuals/documents, and a link for Zoho Creator apps to sit in. Any combination of permissions both matrix and hierarchical are possible with no limitation. You can limit access on a group or individual basis to anything you decide. If you take the time, and learn to set this up the exact way you need, it will combine the power of Dropbox, Trello, Google Calendar, Slack and Evernote, all in one place. Furthermore, if you need something specific, then you can quickly create it in Zoho Creator and it will sit under a tab in Connect.

Cons

Nothing. I think it's fantastic. They could make it better by integration it into the other Zoho apps more, like Teamdrive.

SK

Sümeyye K.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Good!

Pros

It makes our communication with my friends incredibly easy. We like its simple interface. fun to use.

Cons

Interface speed is a bit slow. Sometimes the app crashes. customer service is not helpful.

LC

Laurent C.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

The perfect Intranet for a company

Pros

The key success factors for an Intranet is to provide users with: - Business value & efficiency - User friendliness & ease of access - Interactivity & possibility for a user to be an actor (not only passive). Zoho Connect has it all!

Cons

The design is clearly business oriented and puts efficiency before fancy design.

shanti d.

Architecture & Planning, 5,001-10,000 employees

All in one application

My overall experience is very positive . Its cheap, effective and easy to handel. No need to train your new employee . They can easily adopt it.

Pros

This application support multi-Platform. It means it work like a bride and connect our all app in one. It provide you a feature to set priority base on user need. It has feature to provide customization according to users and the advance search feature is very effective and you can easily fine all your file in according to file formate, name etc

Cons

Previously I have got many error issue during integration of our cloud and zoho connect but it was solved later. Apart from that nothing else.

GS

Gari S.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Very Good Helpdesk

Pros

Very simple to use and has made it very easy for all of our branches to be able to get their issues submitted to our IT department quickly. Makes it more manageable rather than getting hundreds of emails with IT issues.

Cons

Can't really think of any cons for this software. It works the way it should and is simple enough to use.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Amazing Collaboration Tool for Teams

We moved to Zoho Connect form another platform specifically for the ability to assign and track tasks within the organization and it has been amazing.

Pros

I love the ability to create and assign tasks to different team members. I have integrated a zap to track my social media shares as well in the calendar view and it works amazing. The ability to interact in real time with team members is a great option as well, if someone mentions you inside of the platform you get a notification that is easy to respond too.

Cons

The learning curve was a bit steeper than expected and I found myself having to train every member of our team.

KT

Katy T.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Makes working from home manageable

Pros

I like that I can use it both on my laptop and on my phone . The chat function is really fun to use and the app supports sending files . The video quality is usually great .

Cons

Unlike other Zoho products, I find Connect's interface confusing and am not the only one in the company having issues navigating it . The connection also becomes unstable easily if group meetings become too large.

VD

Vedarth D.

Internet, 11-50 employees

It's like THE most used app in our company.

Pros

Our entire office runs on this. Chat, tasks, groups, events, files. What more can one ask for?

Cons

Nothing really. The only thing I event wanted here is the ability to set past dates as due dates for the tasks, like in Trello.

KC

Kartheeban C.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great work. Easy to roll out within an organizaton

We started using it as our internal communication tool. All org communication is made on this, instead of emails. More frequent communication is possible with employees because of social media style platform. The Kanban style task management also makes it easy to handle tasks.

Pros

1. Social media style communication 2. Reduced Internal Email communication 3. Ability to track tasks 4. Event calendar 5. Connect with 3rd party tools

Cons

1. Task management module can add more features to it. 2. More module customization is required to tweak the application as per the company needs.

EV

Esteve V.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Very great program

We use it at work to make virtual teams of work and, thanks to it, we have increased our methods and we now are more efficient and we finish the tasks sooner than before.

Pros

It makes connectivity much easier and efficient than before, reducing waiting times and work hours. The program connects you to as much people as you can and allows you to properly work with them wherever they are. It has many different features and not all of them are the "advanced type". The program gives you the chance to create a virtual work space that definitely helps you increase you productivity as an enterprise. Is specially useful for companies where people tend to work separately.

Cons

I'm not sure if adding too many social networks to the program is efficient, since it increases the possibilities of distractions. I must say, however, that I have never felt like this program was letting me down.

GM

Geraldine M.

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

The ideal social network for companies

We have created communities and groups with the students of our training courses, that has allowed us to maintain direct contact with them and verify the impact of our training activities, we also pay attention to the suggestions and requests that they make us in regards to the topics We are interested in this in terms of technology and telecommunication. On the other hand, it keeps us in contact with training centers in other countries, with which we exchange knowledge and training

Pros

It is a meeting place that helps develop our capacity for professional collaboration, because it allows you to connect with people with professional experience and colleagues, create your own community, and increase productivity in your office and work team. You can create varied communication channels in chat rooms, forums, groups, blog, among other

Cons

It would be good to add more applications to the list of integrations

DE

David E.

Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Yo! Yo! get Zoho... Connect & more!!

It's also probably worth a mention the cost is less than /user/mo. AND they give us 2mos. free for subscribing annually. If we weren't so Windows heavy I feel like we could move from MS (Office365) for email, our calendars, & more, wishing we could further integrate with their solutions for ZohoMail, et al.

Pros

One of the best in class solutions. I've often used SharePoint (who hasn't) as a project collaboration tool. Zoho Connect makes it so much easier! Rather than a file sharing tool spun into an Instant Messenger, Zoho Connect is a device agnostic communication platform truly driving productivity.

Cons

What is their NOT to like? Maybe the logo...the toddler like A,B,C building blocks don't exactly scream "Enterprise Solution" :) Book-cover aside, on its proverbial-pages, I find it to be a feature rich & my team never has to worry about how/where/when they can access the tool.

FF

Fabien F.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

A éviter absolument

Très déçu par le produit. je ne recommande absolument pas.

Pros

Je n'en ai trouvé aucun. Mon expérience avait bien débuté, sauf que je n'ai pas bien paramétré les notification à ma première connexion... donc je reçois des mails indésirable.

Cons

On ne peut pas récupéré son compte. Lorsque je demande à me connecter il me dit de scanner un QrCode, lorsque je scanne le QRCode, le navigateur sur mon téléphone sort une erreur !!! page inexistante. BREF DE LA DAUBE.

Showing original review in French. See translation

JR

Joachim R.

Public Relations and Communications, 1-10 employees

Ça aurait pu être un bon produit, mais il n'y a pas de support!

C'est vraiment dommage, car nous aimions ce produit que nous avons bêta-testé et utilisé à une trentaine pendant 7 à 8 mois. Le problème c'est le support qui a totalement absent. C'est incompréhensible. Beaucoup d'énergie dépensée pour rien au final.

Pros

Belle interface, ergonomique et puissante.

Cons

Les fonctionnalités comme les App n'ont jamais fonctionné sur la version réseau externe. Il y a des bugs inhérent à Zoho et le support pédale dans la choucroute.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Another Great (and Cheap) Zoho Product!

Our entire office is brought together with Zoho Connect. Like most Zoho products, it's bare bones but it's cheap. It serves its purpose and does so perfectly without any bells, whistles, and unneeded extras. I would be lost without Zoho managing my calendar, events, tasks, and docs!

Pros

It's simple and easy to use. It brings everyone together and serves the need completely.

Cons

Setting it up took some time. There's a bit of a learning curve with this one that I did not experience with their other products.