Bookinglayer

Software suite designed for camps, retreats, and hotels.

visit website

Bookinglayer Reviews

Pros

Fast loading times, great design, super friendly support personnel, very generous on pricing plans.

Peter K.

It functionality is great and easy to use. It is perfect that accommodation management is included along with activities.

Isabel M.

The communication to our guests is great, even though it is all preset you still have the possibility to adjust any time. The ease to have options and not have to think about it is perfect.

Evy S.

Cons

It takes a bit to set up your way of business but it is well worse it.

Julika N.

Its packages are somehow complicated and sometimes makes it difficult for me to go through it.

Ali H.

There are a few features missing but since my business field is a bit outside Bookinglayers core area I guess that is normal.

Peter K.

4.7

Power tool

Pros

The tool is designed to cover the needs of surf camp managers. The tool is still in development, but it does the job pretty well already.

Cons

Reports could get better and more structured. Rentals with a barcode scanner solution would be nice. POS integration would be another plus.

Game Changing

I'm happy that the process to book guests, is seamless and efficient. I appreciate the reports and the emails so that I may implement the best strategy for my business.

Pros

The functionality and applications for my business. By automating so many of the tasks that I had previously been doing myself or having my assistant perform, I have freed up time to focus on other aspects of my business. My developer worked closely with a member of the BL team and was able to get answers to his questions easily and quickly.

Cons

A few of the features uses and locations are non-intuitive (to me). Even after several months of using and implementing, I'm not 100% on every functionality that I use. Most, but not all. The help articles are just ok. I don't get my questions answered every time.

A valid point Theresa. Bookinglayer provides a lot of functionality around booking management and scheduling and it stays a challenge for our dev team to keep things as intuitive as possible. We have planned a number of updates that will improve the overal user experience in the Backoffice and we're playing with the idea to provide more shortcuts in the Backoffice to Knowledge Base-articles.

Very intuitive and excellent customer service

Pros

The most valuable thing this company has is the customer service. They are always very helpful to make sure you customize the product so it adapts perfectly to your needs. I had the pleasure to be in touch with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] during my onboarding and we were able to find the perfect fit for what I was looking for. We still need to make the best out of all of the functionalities Bookinlayer has, but so far we are loving it.

Cons

I would love the booking page to be on our own webpage.

Great set-up, place for improvememt

Great product, definetly the best we had over the last few years. Perfect for surf Camps, hotels, surfschools etc.

Pros

The front-office looks very professional and is yet easy to use! The menu in the backoffice is very clean and easy to learn how to use. You can choose what function a employee has, so they can’t for example change any settings.

Cons

The pricing system is not yet very usefull for some of our products. But together with they development there are possibilities to change this for the future. There are often updates (visual updates most of the time) that gives us extra work as we just got used to the settings.

Bookinglayer allows me spend more time with guests and less on the laptop

Great customer support and a really professional looking template that improves our guest experience whilst giving me more time on the aspects of the job that I really enjoy. I also get the feeling that Bookinglayer isn't content to stand still, they listen to their user needs and are looking to improve their product with a timeline of new features in development.

Pros

- The automation of guest replies and payment options. - It organises all the bits and pieces into one place. - It saves time! - The support team are great!

Cons

- I'm not a tech guy so the set up was quite challenging for me. I understand the idea that through my involvement in the set up process I've become much more comfortable navigating the product.

We have had a great experience with Bookinglayer - I would highly rate the support which we received

- confidence about our booking engine - no need to build our own - quality suport when we needed it - working with a company who clearly care about their product and their customers - lots of front and back office functionality - ability to grow into the software functionality as we scale our business

Pros

1. Support - very good quality support was made available to us from day one. At all times the Bookinglayer team have been very attentive to our specific requirements and have made some bespoke amendments for us, which is greatly appreciated. 2. Functionality - there is a lot of really good functionality included as part of the Bookinglayer product. In fact, we are probably only using a proportion of whats available to us, but its good to know that we can expand into the product as we grow out business. 3. User interface - the user interface is very well designed and integrates really well with our website. Customer feedback to date has been excellent, with limited or no problems with the booking engine (which is probably rare).

Cons

1. Set up time - I guess it is a feature of all software, but there was more set up and configuration time required than I had anticipated. 2. Features - as the software has clearly been designed for activity based properties (such as surf camps) it took a little bit of work to configure it correctly for a property like ours (which is a small boutique style accommodation without onsite activities). I needed to use a few work-arounds to suppress some of the standard functionality which wasn't appropriate for us.

Great system, great service

Excellent. The system works brilliantly & the support team are fantastic

Pros

Bookinglayer are a fairly small company and as such are a great fit for the small surf and hostel businesses that they aim at. You can really tell that they really care. They help every step of the way in setting up your bespoke system, and respond quickly to all enquiries. The back office is pretty easy to use in order to add new rooms / packages / services.

Cons

It could be a little easier to use and make adjustments on one's mobile, but this is a very tiny issue

Love it!

amazing!

Pros

Easy to use & the fact that its growing and improving so regularly. You guys have made something that works and that's where most people would stop. but you have been pumping out updates and new features on the reg and thats why I wouldn't change for someone else.

Cons

Are some features that havent been available but with support from your team and feedback by us are being worked on or added in the future and that's not a negative at all this above anything is something I'm most stoked about. so that's not too shabby for a con ;)

Our experience with Bookinglayer

We have had exceptional service from start to finish (and ongoing!) with Bookinglayer. The team could not be more helpful and what we are currently loving about them is that they are continually developing their software, so anything we feel we need to work differently for our unique market - a quick chat and they look at ways to find solutions. I have worked with many booking management packages over...

Pros

Adaptibility

Cons

Nothing so far!

Great bookingtool and super userfriendly!

We started using Bookinglayer beginning of December 2017 and have spent one entire year-cycle with it. Beginning to end we are very pleased on the results and I would recommend Bookinglayer to all who are looking for a pleasant booking software for their business!

Pros

Very easy to setup yourself with flexible and to the point customer support! Useful partner software integration and clear calender / booking overview. Plus: the possibility to extract all booking- and customer-data into an excel or csv file.

Cons

- Limited in rule setting for automated emails, but apparently more progress on this soon - Not yet the possibility to create reseller accounts.

Bookinglayer experience since the beginning.

We started with booking layer as one of the first. In general we are happy with booking layer. Of course, as with any system, there are advantages and disadvantages to it: Some advantages are: * Good customer management * Good overviews with regards to the bookings * Email templates to quickly answer your customers and save time * Really clear booking form and procedure, changed this year...

Cons

Can't imagine using any other system!

Bookinglayer is the most suitable booking software for my kind of business. It doesn't only help me to manage my logisctics, but also get many more bookings.

Pros

It's amazing how they adapt their features to the real needs of these types of businesses. The booking experience is ideal and helps us get many more clients.

Cons

At first it can seem a bit difficult to configure but once you get some experience with the system you realize how thoughtful its configuration is.

Great bookingsystem for our surfcamp!

Every employee can login and check the guest details, payments and calendar. Saves work as you don't have to check payments or send reminders or extra information, as this is al system generated.

Pros

It's easy to use. Lot's of different ways to see the data, the calendar and info about guests. But also easy to use for a employee.

Cons

When you're setting up the packages you really have to got some experience, otherwise mistakes are being made.

We re happy to work with Bookinglayer with personalized follow up and continuous improvements!

Pros

- Attractive Design - Intuitive use - Family like business with high customer service - Precious Help and advices on the set up - flexiblity to adapt to our business needs - Reactivity on all requests - good app support -Dynamic team behind this tool: they keep improving the software considering the different specific requirements - the team s high knowledge of the surf/kitesurf camp business needs

Cons

not that much all my feedbacks have been taken into consideration to improve the tool in a short time.

Freetime and no stress Thanks to Bookinglayer

I work with Bookinglayer since the beginning and love it. The new version is even better and makes your life and organisation of your camp easy, easy, easy. They are a bunch of helpful open minded people who work quick and detailed. Always open to help and to think with you.

Pros

It is easy to use and is very logical in handling. In a few clicks i get all the informations i am looking for and can handle my bookings and timings in 5 secound...

Cons

It takes a bit to set up your way of business but it is well worse it.

Easy to use and lot of features

It gives us a very clear overview of our guests, their bookings and daily tasks to organise transfers, payments etc. The customer service is quick and helpful. Also the developers keep improving and tweaking the system to make it better. We are happy with the system, using it now for 1,5 year and will continue using it.

Pros

Clear bookingsystem. Easy to add items, packages, discounts. Good overview of the day/month/year Integrations work well with gmail & mailchimp

Cons

There a few minor bugs, but when i point them out to the customer service they mostly fix them.

Great software for our company

This software saves us time and headaches. Customer service is great and they continue to develop with the feedback from the clients.

Pros

The way the frontoffice works and the easy to use back-end. It's a clear system and they have a fast responding team in case of bugs or problems.

Cons

Reporting could be better, b-to-b options could and will be improved

Very efficient and user friendly booking system

As a surfcamp manager I needed an efficient booking system without having to design it myself as it would have been a costly and time consuming process. I found bookinglayer through colleagues who recommended me trying it. I was very positively surprised when Tim took me through the tool as I discovered it featured pretty much all I needed. I decided to suscribe for the supertubos formulae which perfectly...

Pros

User friendly, efficiency, quality of support

New user

The possibility to create packages that combine accommodation with individual and/or group activities and even combine this with booking possibilities of rental attributes is realy stunning! No easy setup, but when done, BookingLayer is the 'whole in one booking solution' especially for small companies that want to work very personally with it's costumers.

Pros

At first the great personal support! This is the main reason that I continue with BookingLayer in my little business.

Cons

In the beginning it is hard to see through the features and modules. The basic is clear. But to learn out how all the features and modules are interacting, did cost me very much time. But to be honest. Which booking system is actually easy?

Hi John, thanks for reviewing us! Stay tuned for the new tablet and mobile app that we're going to release next year. It will give you a simplified Backoffice in your hands with reduced functionality and lets you escape from your desk :) We've received similar feedback that certain modules in the Backoffice could interact better with each other so it is something we're reviewing soon.

Review of Booking Layer

Throughout the set up of Booking layer to the operation of the system we have had a very good, positive and supportive experience. The team are very friendly and available to answer our questions in a timely manner. We have had a very positive experience since moving to booking layer.

Pros

Booking Layer system is very easy to use and is user friendly. The support from the Booking layer team is very supportive and are available in a timely manner. The soft wear set up for our business has worked well for us

Cons

I don't think there is anything that didn't work for us. The system is very good

Awesome booking system

Tim (owner) is a legend. Since 4 years he is been building this state of the art booking software for our surfcamps. It's a big USP for our business so if you are a competitor please don't use :)

Pros

Amount of options

Cons

2.0 version booking form could be more easier

Bookinglayer has given us the opportunity to become more professional and by making bookings so easy for guests and for ourselves. We get more joy in doing bookings and administration and save a lot of time. Very grateful with customer service as well! Can highly recommend!

Pros

The structure and layout/setup Easy to use for anyone The customer support and info online

Cons

In the beginning, we found quite a few options not working well or bugs that needed fixing. It was always sorted straight away though.

We would highly recommend booking layer for any Surf camps

This software has probably the easiest back office to understand and work on. It’s really simple, super helpful and anyone can take over In few minutes. Most important thing the front office is clear for our customers.

Pros

- simple - adaptability - front office attractive

Cons

Configuration takes a bit of time but it’s so simple and I’m not sure we can find any software with fast configuration as we all need to specify our products.

Bookinglayer Review

Pros

We started our Surf Camp project and shopped around looking for a reservation system that would help us and would be simple and friendly. We found Bookinglayer. It has been amazing, though we have found some bugs in the way, which we have resolved as a team. We are growing and need more features that we are starting to see that BL does not have yet, but I am sure they will grow too.

Cons

The support staff is always surfing when you call for help.

Booking made Bodacious

Our old system was dated and not effective for our logistically needs and specialist surfing and yoga services. Booking layer enabled us to strategically create efficiency coupled with ease of use. Tim and the team have been first rate and fast in assisting me with any minor issues in the initial use of the system.

Pros

The surf group module.

Cons

That more people will be able to have it soon :)