Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

18.3K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

Reviews by rating

Helping to bring the business up to date with a system that is modern and innovative. It is user friendly and easy to add new functionalities to it according to the business needs.
As a socially responsible company, it feels good to support another company like Salesforce that is committed to these values too.
Salesforce remains the best CRM application for growing our business because of the amazing features. Integration of third-party and add-on options it offers.
Terrible experience I wouldn't recommend to even our biggest competitor, Salesforce is totally unintuitive and with very bad UX. Expensive, hard to use and hard to manage.
There are times when the automation fails and gives back inaccurate data. We have to trouble shoot almost weekly to figure out what happened.
The only negative aspect I've encountered while utilizing SalesForce is that saving entered data is not done automatically and can lead to losing work.

18,337 reviews

AJ

Angel J.

HMIS Operations Manager

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Is effective and enhances everyday work life!

Transcript

Angel J.: My name is Angel, and I'm the HMIS Operations Manager for a company that is now 60 plus employees...

RS

Rod S.

National Field Sales Administrator

Food Production, 501-1,000 employees

Salesforce Sales Cloud Review: A simple, intuitive CRM

Transcript

Rod S.: Hi, my name is Rod. I am the National Field Sales Administrator for a medium-sized company in...

Doug B.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

It does it all

SF is the tool to have. It's already an amazing platform but continues to grow. SF continually invests in new products that enhance the features already available and continually rolls out updates with 3 major releases per year. Like any technology, it's consistently improving but they are already a leader and mainstay in this space.

Pros

Most people believe SF to be a CRM and while that is true, it's much more than that. It's a platform that leverages the technology of the CRM and is so easily customized that it can manage your entire business. This is the next generation of technology for every business need.

Cons

While the capabilities are nearly endless, not everything is offered out of the box. SF offers a lot of different products and has an extensive community of 3rd party app providers that allow for additional functionality that can be installed. Some of these products are free while others are paid beyond the initial licensing purchase through SF.

Audrey H.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

The robust and efficient database facilitates contact with customers

I really appreciate how flexible the system is, as each of our business segments has very specific needs. By deploying our Salesforce administrators and developers on every project, we can provide value to every sales team.

Pros

The dashboard is my favorite part of Salesforce Sales Cloud. Its cheery hue helped us forget about the quotas we were supposed to meet. I can also attest to its ease of usage. I was concerned that there would be a lot of fields to fill out, but the system's auto-population feature quickly put my mind at ease.

Cons

I wouldn't call it a complaint because every system has its quirks, but Salesforce's slow performance is occasionally frustrating. Given the limitations of our network and the sheer quantity of people using the internet, I suppose it is to be expected.

SS

Sangram S.

Computer Software, self-employed

Best sales management software I have ever used

For our team, Salesforce Sales Cloud has been a success. It resembles a contact organizer on steroids with incredible power. All in one location, we are able to handle deals, track leads, and communicate easily. Salesforce even assists us in projecting future sales and pinpointing areas in need of development. Although there was some initial setup required, the increased productivity and favorable effect on our sales pipeline made the effort worthwhile.

Pros

Salesforce's Sales Cloud is revolutionary. With all of our customer data and pipelines in one location, it helps keep my sales team focused and organized. Because of the simple tracking and automated tools, we've closed more business. Strongly advised!

Cons

For our sales team, Salesforce Sales Cloud has been an excellent CRM. Everything is kept arranged and readily available, including contacts and deal stages. The mobile app allows us to stay on top of things while on the go, and the automated tools save a ton of time. Getting the team used to the UI was the only minor learning curve, but other than that, it was very easy to take up.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Excellent tool as is, but I fear for the future of Lightning

My high reviews are for Salesforce Classic, though I am truly worried about how this product is going to take a turn for the worst when it is (supposedly) going to be sun-setted by the end of this year. Keep what works and don't mess with the sauce. More is not always more and, for a CRM, no one cares what the interface looks like

Pros

Salesforce Classic is just a great CRM, plain and simple. It is complex for people who are new to the system, though the learning curve plateaus around a year or so. As with most tools out there, of course there are going to be issues with dirty and sometimes unreliable data, but this is typically a product of years and years of improper setup combined with administrative turnover and poor processes. I am unsure of any tools out there that could remotely compete with the robust functionality of Salesforce, though I think they are well aware of this which makes them slightly less innovative and supportive of current customers (because they know we have no better alternatives to turn to).

Cons

The transition to Lightning has been tough, and I am dreading the day they finally sunset Classic. The dashboard functionality is the only element I have found to have improved with Lightning, while everything else has become increasingly slow, difficult to navigate and overly visual. For a CRM, I would argue that most admins care less about the visual aspects of reporting and more about speed and...

GS

Grant S.

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

CRM leader for a reason.

Pros

Best of breed and has everything you could need both as a CRM and a platform that can scale with you.

Cons

It's the most expensive. The UI can come across as overwhelming in the early days and for the non IT savvy.

Lindsey Raye P.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

SALESFORCE IS AWESOME FOR SALES TEAMS

Pros

You can see everything; you can document emails, calls, sending them messages from marketing if they call and ask about it

Cons

Lot of manual and special objects for migration

RM

Rexie M.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Fantastic system with a lot of functionality

Pros

It offers the basics for CRM and sales management in an affordable package but also has extensive additional functionality for specific business fields so offers a bit more than basic CRM software systems. I liked how easy it was to use and how much data is available easily for analysis.

Cons

The pricing bundles / structure is not too friendly on smaller businesses.

JO

Juraj O.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Salesforce is a supermachine for your customer relationship management

A superpowerful tool that takes a long time to learn, but once you get the hang of it, you can really leverage it to your needs.

Pros

The power and possibilities of the CRM. It is an amazing tool for tracking leads, existing customers for upsell, crossell, and just tracking performance of marketing your product.

Cons

It really takes a long time to learn and adjust to it. It is not completely intuitive, and the UX/UI seems a bit outdated and robust.

Utilities, 501-1,000 employees

I wouldn’t mind using sales force on every company I work for

Pros

The guildlines and processes we used for the campaign were straight forward and was very informative you knew what to say to the customer even if you did not know the process

Cons

Limited information was included for our campaign even though I knew that they could add this but we were limited

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

great service

Pros

love how easy it is to manage and to use gets the job done fast

Cons

nothing really its great to use nothing is wrong about it

NJ

Nicole J.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

The Premier CRM Software

Salesforce has been a lifesaver as a user and admin. I have used multiple programs in both roles, and Salesforce wins hands down. I can't stress enough how much your future self will thank you by choosing the right CRM program the first time.

Pros

In every company I have consulted for and worked for, we have used or switched to Salesforce. Once built out properly, it is an asset that is scalable and will continue to benefit your sales team. The functionalities are endless: Leads, Accounts, Opportunites, Metics calculators, pipeline management tables, Groups, and options to create products too! (This one was difficult to construct but I was more than ecstatic that I could use this for wholesale as well) Let's talk about customer support: Very comprehensive. There is a whole website dedicated to tutorial videos, live chats, and Q&A boards. If you still can't figure out the problem they do have a real human you can speak to who will help you out.

Cons

The learning curve to set up your salesforce correctly is rough if you have not done any Salesforce admin work before. Starting off with a small group is easier, and the program is more forgiving when you have fewer accounts, leads, etc, but as your org grows, you will want to ensure that Salesforce is set up correctly. Errors with when you have a lot of data will take a long time to fix.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Cost effective and very efficient CRM

I helped in implementing corporate engagement plan for donation management. It has easily defined schema and took less time to customize the module.

Pros

Easily defined, fully connected and talking features. It is widely popular in each industry sector, market leader and radical in changing the whole ecosystem of CRM industry. SaaS or PaaS it has changed whole ecosystem. Every company which is on on Salesforce has saved tonnes of money and time while focusing on their potential.

Cons

Too many customizations lead to duplicate efforts. It releases so many versions so fast that sometime unnecessary update clients do.

Alain Jove R.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

The CRM worth buying

Overall, this app is something I'd definitely recommend as it has a very good system for organizing corporate activity, ease of use is very good, navigation wise it can be improved, load time is fast, and above all I haven't experienced any downtime when I was using this CRM.

Pros

Salesforce is one awesome tool that is very useful and budget-wise that is already full of functionality to run daily tasks, organize tickets for support, reminders for important to do's whether needing immediate attention or non-urgent ones. It is also great with integrations for easier management such as with calendar apps. It has your sort functions, filters for categorizing, labeling, and disposition...

Cons

The only thing I noticed is it took a lot of clicks to get you to where you want to go in this CRM. For example, in opening a particular ticket, you'd have to open a preview page first before being able to open the ticket with the actual content itself. Although the site mapping was remedied internally to lessen the time of navigating from one page to another. So far that's the only downside I've encountered.

Emily S.

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights. SFDC is SOOOOOOOO...

Pros

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities. I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Cons

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

GK

Gaurav K.

Food & Beverages, 10,001+ employees

Great product but bad execution and implementation from implementation partner

Overall we had an average experience, though It helped in managing our sales and account well but did dent our budget a little with lengthy implementation and sheer incapability of implementation partner

Pros

Sales management features are good good tracing and notifications account management geolocation integration Integration with SAP User Community Easy to Use APIs

Cons

Customer Service third party vendor implementation Overall Cost Switching cost Salesforce ecosystem has to be there to get better insights Customer reports , except Einstein

sb

santosh b.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Excellent SAAS Platform - Salesforce

The overall experience with Salesforce Sales cloud was excellent. We are using Sales cloud to capture Lead generations using Web-to-Lead models, etc. A lot of features can be implemented using available out of box functions. There is less customization needed using the developers help to reinvent the wheel again and avoid more issues and downtime to release.

Pros

Salesforce has a lot of features which we can use right away and has the benefit to build many automations and integrate other systems on the Salesforce platform with less hassle and more reliable way. Salesforce provides more ways to implement new things in the system using best practices.

Cons

Salesforce support can be more quicker than current turn-arounds. The pricing could be less with purchasing more bundles in the Salesforce platform. The UI can be more better with changing color palettes and make the UI changes more quicker avoiding cache issues on the browser.

RP

Robert P.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Best CRM ever made!

Since transitioning to Salesforce Sales Cloud, we have been able to build and automate complex processes to reduce redundant tasks, mitigate error, and provide an exceptional customer experience for our constituents.

Pros

Before using Salesforce's Sales Cloud, we used another CRM that was as deficient as it was clunky. Salescloud has literally revolutionized how we do business and manage our constituents. And the fact that you can customize and configure the system to work exactly as you need/want it for your specific use case is by far its greatest strength and the thing I love most about this software.

Cons

I wish the app-exchange was more vastly populated with solutions like Apple or Android. It can be somewhat challenging at times to find the right solution or app provider OTB, this forcing you to take the route of custom development or third party integrations.

AS

Alley S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Salesforce is a Dream!

I use it daily. I live in salesforce and I'm in marketing. I use it to keep up with my team and to try to use chatter to highlight what is working and showcase certain accounts. I also like to follow the wins and losses to try to get a feel for where we can improve.

Pros

Everything. I love salesforce. I love its ease of use, navigation, walk-me, training, integration, features, functionality, you name it. Chatter is my favorite feature and once adopted by organizations you see the whole organization migrate to making salesforce their homepage. I love the adaptation the teams have to it and that you can customize your dashboard so sales, marketing, integration, and other teams can all use it as they need to.

Cons

The cost, and sometimes Salesforce does not do a good job of showing the interoperability it has. There are so many features that make it a one-stop-shop for companies large and small, but it seems if the product is sold as a sales tool, it remains that way instead of showing the integration options for marketing and other teams.

JH

Jay H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Save your time and money!

We signed a Salesforce contract for Lightening Cloud Enterprise edition at $1500 per seat almost three years ago. We get SOME value out of it. However it is like being a non-pilot and being plunked into the cockpit of a 747. Yikes. Seriously. And we have consistent duplicate contact issues that SF wants to charge us to fix. Really? The sales person who sold us Enterprise laughed all the way to cash...

Pros

Salesforce has good functionality (if your team has a developer or VERY tech savvy person). Salesforce Pardot - nothing.

Cons

Salesforce is a legacy platform: EXPENSIVE, complicated, not easy to learn or fully leverage. Pardot same - it requires a developer or "Salesforce Pardot Partner" to actually create (more properly code) your campaigns.

DA

Daihrii A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

The No.1 CRM tool for your successful business

Salesforce is appropriate for bigger associations that have a huge outreach group, or enormous client confronting unit. In the event that you require a lot of client touchpoints, your association can profit from the intricacies of programming like Salesforce. It deals with the multifaceted subtleties of clients to construct enduring connections and close arrangements. You can undoubtedly see the entirety...

Pros

> Salesforce is so easy to use. The plan is so natural, next to no preparation is required before you're off running and receiving esteem in return. It's anything but an advanced Rolodex with all the data you should be fruitful. > The thorough detailing capacities make it simple to oversee groups and see where improvement can be carried out. Effectively perceive how every delegate is getting along creating drives, following up, and meeting objectives contrasted with the past. > Customization permits you to perceive what's essential to you, not what Salesforce believes is significant. Effectively oversee objectives, track progress, and oversee specialty units to see how your association is performing.

Cons

> With more prominent adaptability to alter, Salesforce can get overpowering. Setting aside the effort to set it up to really meet your particular necessities can get baffling, yet whenever it's done you'll be happy you invested the energy.

Cha Y.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company.

It is incredible how this program has the ability to offer you a wide variety of options for the descent of a company and get many more sales that contribute to the business, Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company, from an excellent admiration and control of all your data until the management and correct interaction with all your clients, this program will reinforce the weaknesses that your work operation may have and will improve them to be your main virtues, in my work there is no other program more complete than Salesforce, Since there are so many possibilities that are achieved with the help of this amazing software, it makes my job much easier and more effective when starting.

Pros

This program presents a totally simple interface to work with and that each of its users can concentrate on increasing the sales of their business and the entry of new clients to the company. This program is an administrative space where all the processes and procedures can be built. with the purpose of the constant growth of the company, one of the best things that this program has is the control...

Cons

Without a doubt, the area and all the marketing functions can improve, we understand that it is not a program that focuses only on this area, but it can improve a lot in each of the new updates, this in order to reach more places and clients who are interested in our services and on the other hand it could be a bit complicated due to the amount of information to integrate certain contents multiple ways, in general I work very well and I like the performance of the program.

Wilmer P.

My experience is positive regarding this software because it is very practical and offers security

I must say that this software has given me several benefits starting with the price-product ratio. The cost is low if we consider how powerful the software is. In turn, the savings in time and money that means being able to work from anywhere is something very positive. Sometimes I travel outside the state and the fact of having this work tool prevents me from having to buy a ticket, take a plane and...

Pros

One of the aspects that I value most about this software is the possibility it offers me to work from anywhere. My work demands to travel continuously and the fact of being able to access the cloud from any laptop, tablet, smart phone or table computer and sharing information and tasks with my co-workers is very positive. And the best thing is that this software gives me total security that others do not guarantee me. Knowing that my data, my projects and my documents are well protected, generate me a lot of confidence, so I totally recommend it

Cons

Although it is a very powerful software, its use is sometimes complex with respect to the tools to segment and automate my marketing campaigns since working with well-defined social strata in the communication area would be a great collaboration to do it from the same software and not manually Simpler steps that allow processing all the information and then classify it. It would be very helpful because of the complexity that sometimes is made for those who are beginning to use this software.

DH

Daniel H.

Utilities, 10,001+ employees

Great Customer account system

Very rarely do i have any issues with this system. It is a efficient system that rarely goes slow for us. It holds all the information in one central location so we can minimise the amount of tabs we have open while supporting our engineers and customers respectively. This improves our efficinecy while taking webchats or phone calls. As mentioned above the phone system sometimes is not the most effective however this is not something we generally use constantly so impact is somewhat mitigated.

Pros

Clean interface. Easy to find the information under nice to find tabs. this makes finding solutions for our engineers much more efficient as i can grab the relevant details needed from a customers account quickly.

Cons

We use this system to also receive calls. This sometimes does not send calls through to us if we have sent emails to customers previously by working cases. This effects our support options as we could think there is no queue where in fact there is a large queue buidling behind the scences.

AE

Adrienne E.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Salesforce -- number 1 tool I use every day as a GTM Ops Leader!

I have overall had a great experience with Salesforce. The only other similar tool I've used in the past is Infusionsoft and Salesforce is LEAGUES better! I could never go back.

Pros

I can honestly say that I would not be able to do my job as a Director of GTM Operations without Salesforce. I like that I am easily able to track note from customer calls and use templates to make that even more streamlined. I use reporting functionality extensively and find that ability to clone reports (or save as a copy) to be something that saves be hours each week. I'm able to easily use a report I already have to deliver on what my leaders are requesting or need (often with a short turnaround). I like that I'm able to easily export data from salesforce to a spreadsheet where I can further manipulate it as needed. This is something that I find myself doing on a regular basis.

Cons

I have found the login process to be annoying and would prefer that I could us multifactor authentication in a manner without needing my phone. I prefer to not work with my phone near me so needing to authenticate sometimes multiple times per day is frustrating. As certain fields have been removed from Salesforce, I've noticed there is lack of ability to check dependencies prior to someone hiding a field.

EB

Eric B.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing,

Average usability - management focused

Pros

It does the basics. It tracks contacts and opportunities, and the basic reporting seems to work ok. On my phone I use the Classic Sales Force app, and it is fine for contacts, recording some activities and logging phone calls. And yes, it is convenient to have this accessible on the web from any device I may have on me.

Cons

The account setup workflow is not very good. Entering a new account with contact, activity and opportunity info is very clunky. You enter the basic account info- address, phone and whatever account flags but then you have to save the info and then go into Contacts. Then you have to go into Activities, then into Opportunities. This may sound silly, but when you are asked to do this for every account,...