All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SoGoSurvey

Customer and employee experience management platform.

SoGoSurvey Reviews

Pros

Overall I have found SoGo to be an easy to use and reliable product with a very attractive price. They are by far more responsive than any of the other companies I've used.

Dave N.

Read the full review
Therefore, as a student I think it's worth the money to invest in this tool for something as important as conducting your dissertation research, as they give am amazing discounted rate for students.

Janet K.

Read the full review
I absolutely love the customer support, i have never gotten such good and quick help from customer support in other survey platforms.

Athena C.

Read the full review

Cons

Although SoGoSurvey also has the same problem, but i discovered that if we use Radio rating button instead, we can actually assign reverse rating score to negative questions.

K.H. L.

Read the full review
So I ended up losing my entire draft survey and had to start over a week before it was due because I didn't want to pay yet for the full version just to complete one assignment.

Janet K.

Read the full review
The software did have errors occasionally, whether it seemed to be programming related or server related.

Kenneth T.

Easy for All to Use

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros

The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons

Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Easy, yet powerful and compreensive

I started using SoGoSurvey quite a few years ago for my Ph.D. project. The structuring of the main survey and the deployment of the same was done without too much of a learning curve. The documentation available on their website is concise and to the point, it never took me more than a few minutes to figure how how to use each feature. When lecturing I find it easy to get my students using the platform fast and correctly, allowing time for what really matters in my courses: the thought processes and the statistical treatment of the information obtained.

Pros

It has all the features that I use, or need, in a very intuitive platform that allows me to focus on my surveys and my research without unwanted distractions. I can use it on my PCs and on my iPad without issues or complications, making it a very useful tool whether I am deploying a survey or teaching my students how to structure or deploy one. The reporting features are getting better with each iteration, although I still tend to use the trouble-free export features to do my own statistical analysis.

Cons

Nothing, really. The frequent updates have been keeping ahead of my expectations.

Online survey tool that relies on most other competitors for it's product features

Good for use, heavy on pockets!

Pros

Customer support is the main thing that I can talk about this survey software. There are a bunch of people who constantly reply to our queries and issues, and get them fixed at high priorities when required. The overall user interface is decent, although, it cannot be compared to the other brands. It provides a wide variety of functionalities and tools and thus seems really great as and overall application. (All under one roof). However, this sometimes looks densely populated when you are looking for one specific function and you have a lot of ways to do the same thing. Creating and distributing surveys is the most basic part, but the reporting features makes the application really stand out!

Cons

It copies a lot of other survey tools and tries to replicate their premium functionalities. The product management team seems to be pretty ordinary with their thinking and cannot go out of the box to widen the scopes of this application. The tools are way too expensive and no comments on how their overall performance or scalability measures are!

We love SoGoSurvey and use it almost exclusively now

We love SoGo so much we came back to it after about a year of limping along with Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. We are glad we're back as accountholders!

Pros

SoGoSurvey is feature-rich and has top-notch reporting tools. It's UI is very simple and modern, and it's actually enjoyable to build surveys and forms with their software.

Cons

The email templates are still limited, so if you use them instead of your native client, you may find them lacking. We don't use them most of the time.

User Friendly Software and Responsive Company

SoGoSurvey has exceptional customer service!!! This is the biggest reason I would choose to use SoGoSurvey. I LOVE the ease of building surveys, saving questions to use later, copying surveys to use again with minor edits, testing surveys, and looking at survey results. With the free non-profit upgrade we are able to get all the survey results we need to help our organization improve and meet the needs of our community. Downloading survey results is easy and the format of the results makes it easy to evaluate our results. Having used this survey company for a little more than a year, currently I have no reason to look for another survey company to use.

Pros

Being able to save questions in a question bank, copy surveys to re-use after editing, and reviewing the survey before sending are wonderful features. I can send test surveys to others for review as well. Free upgrade for non-profit does increases our survey limit so we don't worry about losing survey results because we reached our limit. Customer service is the best with responses almost the minute you ask for help!!! This is huge for me! I hate waiting day(s) to get answers to solve problems I may encounter. I haven't had very many problems with SoGoSurvey, so I don't contact them often, but the few times I have, they have always responded promptly. We can download all the results we need, no need to print it all up in order to share with members of our organization.

Cons

Getting a QR code was not as intuitive as SurveyMonkey, but their customer service easily bypassed this problem. The benefits of SoGoSurvey heavily outweigh the few things I liked slightly better about SurveyMonkey. The first year we applied for the free upgrade we needed to provide a review of their product. Because we had not used them before this was a problem, but the company was willing to work with us on this so that we could provide an honest review.

Cindy, thank you for such a thorough review! We are so happy to support non-profits like yours. I have passed along your accolades to our support team. I know they will be very appreciative! :)

Free Trial Review

Very pleased with the product in a free trial. Many desirable features are in the various paid tiers.

Pros

Easy to add survey questions, rearrange, create pages. Was able to quickly export data. Clear on navigation within projects. I liked the test survey option.

Cons

I would have preferred more template demographic questions or fields. Navigating between projects was a little confusing. Not all changes after test survey made it to the visual report but was available in data export.

Thank you, Katie. We hope to see you back when you are ready to conduct your your next market research project!

SoGoSurvey - A great tool!

We have been very happy with the results of using SoGoSurvey to receive additional feedback to help us make decisions as we move forward. Particularly, as we are in this year of the pandemic and changing business times, it has been helpful to solicit information.

Pros

We have found SoGoSurvey to be extremely helpful to us. We entered a new world to do surveys to solicit feedback from our volunteer staff and our customers (campers) and this was the right tool for us. The ease of use for the user who designs the survey and the ease of access and use for the taker of the survey are both terrific. We like the options for the questions and the ability to format for layout that works well for different types of surveys.

Cons

Some of the formatting of fonts and background could be a little better and easier to manage. But for what we do, it is not critical (and may be possible that we just didn't learn!)

We're so pleased to hear that SoGoSurvey has been helpful in an otherwise challenging year. We wish you all the best in 2021!

Friendly user

On my way to create a survey. I am suggested by my senior about SoGoSurvey. Great experience with SoGoSurvey and having some assists from SoGoSurvey chat. It's really friendly user. Thanks for making my life easier with SoGoSurvey ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Pros

- Quick respond from SoGoSurvey chat - Structured and well-organized software - Easy to use with the guide of Tooltips and samples - Friendly survey tools with nice graphic design

Cons

So far so good. Still on my way to explore the beauty of SoGoSurvey

We're always happy to help! Enjoy your continued exploration of the platform. :)

Great Research Tool!

Wonderful tool to push out surveys and analyze data.

Pros

Very easy to use, the features in the free version are greater than other options out there, data is laid out very clearly. Great customer support.

Cons

Nothing for my usage that I can think of.

We're glad to hear you made the switch to SoGoSurvey, Vadim! Thanks for the review :)

Student Survey Review

To be determined after the research product is completed.

Pros

Simple, easy to use interface for the end user. Somewhat more complicated for the designer. Support is great and the demo is very helpful. Limit on HTML character is difficult to get around but can be done.

Cons

Eliminate the limit o the HTML characters and allow anonymity of IP addresses for research-oriented products.

Easy to Use, Great Features for the Cost

I wanted a simple tool that I could use to create surveys including automatic responses so that I could continuously collect data on personality. SoGoSurvey was perfect for my needs - reasonably priced and including the features I needed. Embedding in my academic page is very easy and their customer service is very good.

Pros

It's easy to use and allows me to group multiple questions into one category to report the results to participants. When participants know they will see their results, they are more likely to respond to the survey. I also feel that for the features provided, the software is reasonably priced. My institution purchases Qualtrics, and while excellent, that software is priced beyond the means of typical individual researchers.

Cons

Since I'm so interested in the reporting features for participants, I'd love to see more bells and whistles there - for example, the ability to automatically calculate the overall averages for categories and contrast that average with the participant's would be very helpful. However, I understand that such an advanced feature would be unreasonable for the charged price.

As always, we're so pleased to be your platform of choice for your research, Cris. Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review!

Sogosurvey: a life saver for all researchers

Overall, ive used this survey platform for almost 2 years, and have designed many survey forms with sogosruvey, i can proudly say that it has saved me so much time. It only took me a day to design my questionnaire, distribute it via link, and all i had to do was sit back and wait for responses. I could see how many responses were made and i could also see which day the respondents completed the questionnaires. exporting the data was extremely easily, it cut my workload in half, i dont think i can say the same for other survey platforms. I have recommended Sogosurvey to many other research mates and they have all thanked me for it. and now i'd like to thank sogosurvey!

Pros

I absolutely loved the fact that it is so easy to navigate around. Everything you needed was there in the same page. I also love the level of customization sogosurvey offered, there are ready made templates that could be chosen for the convenience of the users. In comparison to other online survey platforms, i found that Sogosurvey extremely time saving, to make further changes and modifications to...

Cons

I think the free package given was a little to basic. There was too little options for a new user to play around with. The free package offered could not justify half the greatness the software actually have with a paid package. I think this can be improved with a little bit more options, especially the question options. so that there is a good and satisfactory preview of how the survey will look like. One more thing, i think the instructions and video tutorials would be nice if they were more precise, as a new user, it could be difficult to navigate around looking for things you need as it takes some time to get used to. I would also like it if i could see who has responded to my questionnaire and when they responded.

Athena, We thank YOU for your kind and thorough review. I've shared your feedback with our development team as well they never tire of compliments about their 'smartness.' :) Cheers to successful research!

I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms and it gets the job done beautifully!

I work for a non-profit and I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms for volunteers to fill out and give me more information about them. I researched so many forms companies and didn't like how tedious the forms were to fill out online, or the price they were charging. (Most charge a monthly rate, and the volume of forms I will use each month didn't justify the cost.) With SoGoSurvey, filling the forms...

Pros

This software doesn't have to be limited to creating feedback surveys. I actually use it to create online forms for my non-profit. I have a lot of volunteers who want to come and I needed a way to create easy-to-use forms for them to fill out and give me the info I need from them. I started out using the "free" package and even under a pre-designed form, the software will allow you to go in and make...

Cons

I think navigating the actual site takes some getting used to. Once you are in a form, keep in mind that you will only see the form "on top" of the pile. What this means is there is a number counter, and you must click the drop-down arrow to see the other numbers of other surveys in order to review your responses. I think this could be improved, I would especially like to see the name of the person who filled out the survey used as an indicator in the "pile" of responses, rather than just a number. Also, when I print survey results it can take up to 6 pages with a narrow column of data, rather than 3 pages where the data takes up the entire page. It would be nice if this could be adjusted.

SoGoSurvey combines outstanding features with top-notch, responsive customer support.

SoGoSurvey allows us to evaluate our educational training and initiatives in a way that other survey tools simply cannot do. Some of our surveys are fairly complex, with many opportunities for branching respondents either to or away from certain sections based on their earlier responses; SoGo enables us to do that. There are also 17 basic types of reports--most of which we don't need for our purposes, but they're available--and the ones we do use are highly customizable and nicely formatted. With certain key tweaks to the branching feature--specifically, adding a "hide/skip page" rule to make branching logic easier to create--it could be THE number one survey tool on the market, hands down.

Pros

We use SoGoSurvey because it offers the following key features, some of which are not available with other survey platforms: 1) the ability for respondents to print out their responses once they're finished 2) the ability for respondents to save and return later to finish longer surveys 3) the ability to either generate a multi-use survey link OR send individual invitations, thereby allowing for tracking...

Cons

The skip logic/branching interface can be a bit difficult to use, depending on what you're trying to do. For example, the advanced branching feature has no "hide/skip page" option and therefore requires an expert level of proficiency in branching logic in order to create more complex surveys. It would be so much easier if you could simply have respondents skip certain pages based on their responses, rather than creating a complex web of logic rules to accomplish this. Luckily, this is likely not an issue for the majority of survey users.

I am relieved and glad I found this platform, especially since they offer free student package.

Benefits I received were applying for a free year student option that offered features such as export report, analysis of data, complex questions (features of plus package), in addition to customising which personalises survey to specific topic. Other benefits include fast and helpful customer support, there is a instant message section at bottom of page called 'Chat with us', allowed me to ask questions and receive answers quickly. The layout, editing and design features made it easy for me to edit, place questions, the templates of surveys gave me an idea of layout and questions which allowed me to use it as a guide but edit accordingly.

Pros

This review is on version 8.0 of SoGoSurvey. The layout and design are user-friendly in the sense of allowing you to customise the survey design and questions. The variety of questions ranging from standard multiple choice, grid options such as matrix grid, radio grid, check box grid; there are also rating scales, this allows you to chose the best option for what you want to get out of, which was...

Cons

I have only used the basic package which is free, I used this package since its free yet it does not include some of the options the paid packages do. Question options such as the matrix grid, radio grid as well as advanced question options such as placing an attachment, rating radio button,rating drop down and horizontal radio are only available in the paid versions such as pro,plus and enterprise....

Your Academic Research Friend

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. <a href="http://www.sogosurvey.com"Y>SoGoSurvey</a> sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try. So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately. Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros

<u>Survey Questions</u> Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways. <u>User Friendliness</u> It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's...

Cons

<u>Instructions</u> Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box. <u>Mobile Phone Layout</u> If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot. <u>Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page</u> On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

University fundraiser and SoGoSurvey

We've been very happy with SoGo

Pros

Surveys are easy to create and launch with a very intuitive interface. Even those on our staff who don't have a lot of knowledge of survey techniques find it very simple to figure out the type of questions they want to ask and how to create them. There is also an incredible variety of questions types to choose from and ways to display your questions and answers. The ability to set up branching and...

Cons

Sogo has a great free version for nonprofits like our organization. But every year they lock us out without warning and you have to email to ask for a renewal. I wish they'd give you advanced notice that it is time to renew.

Thank you for the thorough review, Milo! We are glad to hear how you have taken advantage of your ability to customize all stakeholder communication to match your brand! I will pass along all of your feedback to the team.

Postgraduate's lifesaver

As a researcher, i always found that data collection as well as analysis was always the most tedious thing in research, and i have always dreaded the process. However, it all turned around when i came across SogoSurvey. I actually get excited to further explore Sogosurvey. I read the reviews, and have heard good comments from fellow friends in the research field. Everyone recommends it! Though i have...

Pros

I really liked that everything could be found in that page alone, rather than having to navigate from pages to pages like other survey tool that i have tried. The level of customization and user friendliness is astounding. I absolutely love that everything could only be a click away. I believe that it saves a lot of time, as it does not take long to watch the video tutorials and wait forever for the...

Cons

I've only tried the free basic package and i found that the free features given were a little too limited.

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online...

Review on SoGoSurvey Software used for Postgraduate Reports

Ease of use, the ability to track submissions, the ability to generate reports in various formats, the single URL key feature where it is possible to e-mail a person their unique URL, the ability to print the report as proof of submission and the reminder functionality where it is possible to send reminders to invitees regarding their non-submission.

Pros

The user friendly interface of the software, the instantaneous support and the ease of drawing reports. I used this SoGoSurvey as our PostGraduate Reporting system for both students and supervisors. I investigated several options and found SoGoSurvey the easiest to use. If students did not receive their invitation, I could send them the unique URL for their survey report. I was also able to send three...

Cons

Great experiences with SoGo Survey!

To finish my study of animal sciences, I am writing a master thesis on the subject of 'Parasite management in Austrian sheep production'. Me and my supervisors decided to distribute a online questionnaire to sheep breeders in Austria. The reasons were the easier and safer distribution compared to dispatch by mail, and the fact that I don't have to digitalise it myself to transfer them into the program...

Cons

Best tool for gathering surveys and producing charts/graphs/reports

My experience was great. I did a lot of my data gathering through surveys conducted with SoGoSurvey and the software organized my data into great charts/graphs/reports that I could simply copy and paste or download into my dissertation. It made presenting my data and analyzing my data so much easier than if I had to do a lot of this with an additional program. The program also had the safeguards needed to prevent duplicate entries and other factors that would affect the reliability of the data collection process. Overall I was very satisfied with SoGoSurvey and would use them again in a heartbeat for any project that required surveys or data collection.

Pros

What I liked the most about this software was that it could actually do everything I needed it to do. I had to get a premium package but it was well worth the investment to have software that could accomplish everything I wanted for my Doctoral Dissertation. I evaluated several other software packages and this was the one that was easiest to use and did exactly what it said it did.

Cons

I didn't find missing features, what I did find is that as with any software there is a learning curve. You have to learn how to do what you want to do with the software. The great aspect of the premium package was that it came with tech support and when I got stuck I would send an email and get a response pretty quickly. The helpdesk was always able to direct me to the right menu or option to accomplish what I wanted to do. My advice is spend some time learning the software and playing with the options before you actually engage in your actual project. It will help you a lot in using the software.

Thank you so much for the thorough and kind review, Miguel! We are here for all your future survey needs. :)

Easy for All to Use

They have great customer service, quick to respond with good information.

Pros

This survey platform is so easy for both the administrator as well as the survey respondents to use.

Cons

Nothing, it works great. I donโ€™t have anything bad to say about it.

We love hearing this, Valerie! Best of luck with your future research. :)

A very simple and quick surveying software.

A very Fast survey system, just add questions and that's it, sogosurvey will take care of everything. I created future equipment buying opinion and found its better to ask people about it and give them a form and get them to think before asking. People can fill the form on their convenient time and mood which helps me to get the most accurate result and get to the conclusion faster. Also, their feedback and experience with the maker company also help me how simple it is to get service done as I work in a pro-environment and we need out equipment fast or we encounter loss.

Pros

I needed to survey 20 people very quickly and I found sogosurvey with over 500 reviews, mostly positive as my first choice. I register using my google account and that's it. After registration, it's tutorial video explains a lot and helps me to start quickly. I started to add my question and within am hours my survey is ready. It is not an official survey but to choose the equipment for out future projects but all my participants think it is. It is a well-designed template and really nice report. I can do a pool but the survey is so much flexible.

Cons

I have to refresh the windows after adding the survey form template. And after that, it is very fast and usable.

Hi! We're happy to be the platform you are using to help you select equipment for future projects. You made the right choice to go with SoGoSurvey for quick set-up and ease of use!

Ideal for behavioural studies!

Free account for student, and outstanding customer support. Always quick answering and suggestions.

Pros

I have being using SoGosurvey for about two years now. During these years I have developed dozens of different questionnaires, within different levels of complexity. I use them mainly for my phd research, where I develop different types of behavioural tests. I must say that I am still quite happy with the service. I've seen that the SogoSurvey platform has evolved quite a lot within the last couple...

Cons

Still some features to include, such as randomisation of pages. Overall, I find that the interface could be improved, but in general it is quite easy to handle.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

ยฉ 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.
GetAppยฎ is a registered trademark of Nubera eBusiness S.L. Nubera eBusiness uses its own and third-party cookies. By using the website you are accepting the use of these cookies. To get more information about our cookies click here.