SoGoSurvey Reviews

4.69/5 (597 reviews)

Athena Chong

Sogosurvey: a life saver for all researchers

Reviewed 2019-10-17

Overall, ive used this survey platform for almost 2 years, and have designed many survey forms with sogosruvey, i can proudly say that it has saved me so much time. It only took me a day to design my questionnaire, distribute it via link, and all i had to do was sit back and wait for responses. I could see how many responses were made and i could also see which day the respondents completed the questionnaires. exporting the data was extremely easily, it cut my workload in half, i dont think i can say the same for other survey platforms. I have recommended Sogosurvey to many other research mates and they have all thanked me for it. and now i'd like to thank sogosurvey!

Pros
I absolutely loved the fact that it is so easy to navigate around. Everything you needed was there in the same page. I also love the level of customization sogosurvey offered, there are ready made templates that could be chosen for the convenience of the users. In comparison to other online survey platforms, i found that Sogosurvey extremely time saving, to make further changes and modifications to your questionnaire literally take only minutes to complete. I have had my respondents and other fellow research mates telling me how neat the survey form was. It could be easily viewed in a mobile, a tablet anywhere. I especially liked the "smartness" of the software. It catered to every need i wanted. I could also track the responses i had from my respondents, like how many was done on a particular day. which was so convenient! Last but not least, i cannot stress enough on how good the software was in terms of data exportation. I was surprised on how neat and organized all the data was in one excel sheet. Absolutely in LOVE.

Cons
I think the free package given was a little to basic. There was too little options for a new user to play around with. The free package offered could not justify half the greatness the software actually have with a paid package. I think this can be improved with a little bit more options, especially the question options. so that there is a good and satisfactory preview of how the survey will look like. One more thing, i think the instructions and video tutorials would be nice if they were more precise, as a new user, it could be difficult to navigate around looking for things you need as it takes some time to get used to. I would also like it if i could see who has responded to my questionnaire and when they responded.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Athena,

We thank YOU for your kind and thorough review. I've shared your feedback with our development team as well they never tire of compliments about their 'smartness.' :)

Cheers to successful research!

Kathryn Harryman

I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms and it gets the job done beautifully!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-12-07

I work for a non-profit and I use SoGoSurvey to create online forms for volunteers to fill out and give me more information about them. I researched so many forms companies and didn't like how tedious the forms were to fill out online, or the price they were charging. (Most charge a monthly rate, and the volume of forms I will use each month didn't justify the cost.) With SoGoSurvey, filling the forms is simple and someone on a mobile device can do it as easily as someone sitting at a computer. The forms generated are clean, easy to read and allow some flexibility if you want to change up the design. I created a form using SoGoSurvey for my volunteers to give me basic info; then I created another form that volunteers can provide me with more background info and leave answers to open-ended questions. Finally, I have a reference form that I can email references. SoGoSurvey has made my job easier without sacrificing the quality/look of my forms. Best of all, it is free! If you are looking for a good forms software, give SoGoSurvey a try!

Pros
This software doesn't have to be limited to creating feedback surveys. I actually use it to create online forms for my non-profit. I have a lot of volunteers who want to come and I needed a way to create easy-to-use forms for them to fill out and give me the info I need from them. I started out using the "free" package and even under a pre-designed form, the software will allow you to go in and make changes to better reflect your needs. Just make sure you don't exceed the number of questions on the form or it will ask you to upgrade to a paid package. Because I work for a non-profit, once I was able to prove that I am indeed non-profit and advertised for SoGoSurvey on my website, they actually allow me to use the next level paid plan for free! I am very happy with SoGoSurvey and plan to continue using the software. Another awesome feature is that our volunteers can be English/Spanish speaking and SoGoSurvey has the option of choosing the language for the survey at the click of a button. This is such a key feature and I love it. (you will have to be able to speak the language you create the forms in, SoGoSurvey doesn't actually translate the content for you.)

Cons
I think navigating the actual site takes some getting used to. Once you are in a form, keep in mind that you will only see the form "on top" of the pile. What this means is there is a number counter, and you must click the drop-down arrow to see the other numbers of other surveys in order to review your responses. I think this could be improved, I would especially like to see the name of the person who filled out the survey used as an indicator in the "pile" of responses, rather than just a number. Also, when I print survey results it can take up to 6 pages with a narrow column of data, rather than 3 pages where the data takes up the entire page. It would be nice if this could be adjusted.

Marisa Geisler

SoGoSurvey combines outstanding features with top-notch, responsive customer support.

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-08-22

SoGoSurvey allows us to evaluate our educational training and initiatives in a way that other survey tools simply cannot do. Some of our surveys are fairly complex, with many opportunities for branching respondents either to or away from certain sections based on their earlier responses; SoGo enables us to do that. There are also 17 basic types of reports--most of which we don't need for our purposes, but they're available--and the ones we do use are highly customizable and nicely formatted. With certain key tweaks to the branching feature--specifically, adding a "hide/skip page" rule to make branching logic easier to create--it could be THE number one survey tool on the market, hands down.

Pros
We use SoGoSurvey because it offers the following key features, some of which are not available with other survey platforms: 1) the ability for respondents to print out their responses once they're finished 2) the ability for respondents to save and return later to finish longer surveys 3) the ability to either generate a multi-use survey link OR send individual invitations, thereby allowing for tracking of respondents; reminders can also be sent just to those who have not responded 4) a large number of question types, including advanced, multiple-part grids 5) skip logic and advanced branching functionalities 6) advanced reporting capabilities 7) highly competitive pricing for nonprofits/educational organizations The interface is fairly easy to use, and the customer support is FANTASTIC; SoGoSurvey support professionals respond quickly and always provide helpful assistance.

Cons
The skip logic/branching interface can be a bit difficult to use, depending on what you're trying to do. For example, the advanced branching feature has no "hide/skip page" option and therefore requires an expert level of proficiency in branching logic in order to create more complex surveys. It would be so much easier if you could simply have respondents skip certain pages based on their responses, rather than creating a complex web of logic rules to accomplish this. Luckily, this is likely not an issue for the majority of survey users.

Zoe Riley

I am relieved and glad I found this platform, especially since they offer free student package.

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-06-22

Benefits I received were applying for a free year student option that offered features such as export report, analysis of data, complex questions (features of plus package), in addition to customising which personalises survey to specific topic. Other benefits include fast and helpful customer support, there is a instant message section at bottom of page called 'Chat with us', allowed me to ask questions and receive answers quickly. The layout, editing and design features made it easy for me to edit, place questions, the templates of surveys gave me an idea of layout and questions which allowed me to use it as a guide but edit accordingly.

Pros
This review is on version 8.0 of SoGoSurvey. The layout and design are user-friendly in the sense of allowing you to customise the survey design and questions. The variety of questions ranging from standard multiple choice, grid options such as matrix grid, radio grid, check box grid; there are also rating scales, this allows you to chose the best option for what you want to get out of, which was helpful since I had complex complex questions that needed to be asked in different ways. The layout, type & text the look and feel in the visual settings section. There are predesigned templates you can chose from or edit it yourself by going into the menu bar on right, where you can edit the font(size, font type). The background option in the side menu allows you to choose from a variety of different background or you could include your own image as a background. I found the interactivity of the platform easy to understand, the icons, editing was made easy since you could paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another online survey platform and did not need to retype them. The basic package is a good way to introduce someone to the platform, since its free it allowed me to see the features, layout and questions offered as well as what is offered in plus or pro packages. In addition to being mobile friendly as well since the participants of survey I did and am doing are more likely to view and answer the survey on their mobile phones.

Cons
I have only used the basic package which is free, I used this package since its free yet it does not include some of the options the paid packages do. Question options such as the matrix grid, radio grid as well as advanced question options such as placing an attachment, rating radio button,rating drop down and horizontal radio are only available in the paid versions such as pro,plus and enterprise. If you want complex questions in the basic package that ask multiple thing such as matrix grid that has multiple choice and or rating scale, you need to use predesigned templates and edit the questions. You can also paste your questions from Microsoft Word or another survey platform into the survey but you will need to edit it, choosing the question type first then pasting the question in and the different options when you select edit. Since I used the free package I could not include my own logo. If you want to upload your own background image in the side menu bar in the visual settings section, it needs to be a jpeg, png or gif, not a pdf. You also cannot adjust the position and scale of this uploaded image, suggesting that simple or background images that are abstract are best. In addition the basic package does not include report export options such as excel and Microsoft Word.

Chris Kre

Your Academic Research Friend

Reviewed 2016-09-19

I needed a tool to conduct an online survey for my Bachelor's thesis. Therefore, I was reading a lot reviews and tried to compare features among various online survey tools. <a href="http://www.sogosurvey.com"Y>SoGoSurvey</a> sounded like a superior product at the price point where it is. Hence, I though I'll give it a try. So far I've had an excellent experience, simply because I was able to include everything I needed in my survey with ease. If I got stuck their customer service helped immediately. Overall I would recommend SoGoSurvey to my fellow students, particularly for the vast amount of features, great support, user friendliness, various data export options and beautiful designs.

Pros
<u>Survey Questions</u> Currently 16 different types of survey questions are available (e.g. matrix grid, Intellimatrix, demographic text boxes and even file attachments). Those can be easily modified in up to 20 different ways. <u>User Friendliness</u> It's incredibly easy to build your survey. From the question types menu on the left side you just drag one of them into your dashboard and that's it. Each question type also has a little preview, so you can already see what they look like before using them. There is also a question bank where you can choose predefined survey questions or save your own ones. You can also easily share one survey with other accounts. So it's easy to copy a survey or to work together on one. They also make it very easy for you to distribute your survey social media websites, regular websites, vial email and even via text messages. <u>Language Support</u> I think 37 languages are currently supported. So your survey can be displayed in many different languages. That was one of the main reasons why I chose this survey platform because I needed mine to be in Korean. <u>24/7 Customer Support</u> Whenever you have a question, SoGoSurvey tries to answer within an hour. On average it took them only 15 minutes to offer help and answer my questions. <u>Data Export and Reports</u> Your survey can be exported in eight different file formats (Excel, CSV, HTML, Word, XML, SPSS, Access, Sogo1). Many other survey platforms offer far less than these.

Cons
<u>Instructions</u> Although, video tutorials are provided, I think some of the instructions could be a little bit more precise. For example, if you use a trial version, only 100 responses are allowed or in order to have an introductory text that only appears on the first page you have to insert a comment box. <u>Mobile Phone Layout</u> If you have a survey with a matrix grid (e.g. Likert scales) it is difficult to answer because the question uses a lot of size of your screen, whereas the space for the answer buttons are really tiny. Hence, you always have scroll a lot. <u>Korean Language not available on the Main Language Page</u> On my main language page I wanted to add a comment in Korean. However, the language is not supported so that only question marks appeared.

Athena Chong

Postgraduate's lifesaver

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-10-02

As a researcher, i always found that data collection as well as analysis was always the most tedious thing in research, and i have always dreaded the process. However, it all turned around when i came across SogoSurvey. I actually get excited to further explore Sogosurvey. I read the reviews, and have heard good comments from fellow friends in the research field. Everyone recommends it! Though i have only tried the free basic package only, it was good enough to get me hooked on the ease of the whole thing and ultimately willing to get the plus or pro package. I absolutely love the customer support, i have never gotten such good and quick help from customer support in other survey platforms. I am extremely relieved that i came across Sogosurvey, after trying other survey platforms, i definitely choose Sogosurvey in a heartbeat!

Pros
I really liked that everything could be found in that page alone, rather than having to navigate from pages to pages like other survey tool that i have tried. The level of customization and user friendliness is astounding. I absolutely love that everything could only be a click away. I believe that it saves a lot of time, as it does not take long to watch the video tutorials and wait forever for the customer technical support to reply. I could get my questionnaires done and sent out in a day if i wanted to! I absolutely love the customer technical support. they take literally seconds to reply and provide you with helpful and precise instructions and solutions. The data exports and reports are great too, one need not worry about exporting reports and questionnaires, the formats and what not as they are easily done only a click away in a wide variety of export formats, which does not pose as a problem at all!

Cons
I've only tried the free basic package and i found that the free features given were a little too limited.

Hanifa Abdullah

SoGoSurvey for PostGraduate Supervision Reports

Reviewed 2017-03-31

I am a Senior Lecturer at the University of South Africa (UNISA). As part of my academic citizenship, I am responsible for collating reports on students' postgraduate progress on a six-monthly basis. The primary objective is to increase the M & D throughput rate. To achieve this objective, the Higher Degrees (HD) committee has elected to eradicate the paper-based cumbersome system in favour of an online automated system that is simpler and less time consuming for both students, supervisors and the administrative staff of the HD committee. The student reports assist in ascertaining what problems students may be experiencing in terms of their research and with their supervisor/co-supervisor, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary and to serve as an impetus for students to progress with their studies. The supervisor reports assist in determining the lack of progress from students, identifying remedial actions to address student problems in terms of training opportunities etc, identifying remedial actions to address supervisor problems in terms of training opportunities, co-supervision, online mentoring etc, escalating serious issues to the HD committee for intervention if necessary (e.g. problem students), and to prompt supervisors to improve their supervision skills. Various tools were investigated in terms of ease of use, cost, reporting features, etc. and the survey tool, SoGoSurvey was deemed suitable for the reporting system. 29 Questions for Students and 15 Questions for supervisors have been created. The reporting system was implemented in 2016 on the plus plan and was extremely successful. I created the survey which is actually a reporting system and found that students and supervisors found this system to be extremely efficient in contrast to the manual word documents we had. I could easily send reminders to students and supervisors regarding non-submissions and could also extract the unique survey URL's for students that did not receive the invitations. It was also possible to draw meaningful reports and statistics from the system. This greatly reduced administrative overhead and I received instantaneous support from the SoGoSurvey team. We will continue with the system this year although we would like to upgrade our package to take advantage of additional features.

Hanifa Abdullah

Review on SoGoSurvey Software used for Postgraduate Reports

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2017-08-01

Ease of use, the ability to track submissions, the ability to generate reports in various formats, the single URL key feature where it is possible to e-mail a person their unique URL, the ability to print the report as proof of submission and the reminder functionality where it is possible to send reminders to invitees regarding their non-submission.

Pros
The user friendly interface of the software, the instantaneous support and the ease of drawing reports. I used this SoGoSurvey as our PostGraduate Reporting system for both students and supervisors. I investigated several options and found SoGoSurvey the easiest to use. If students did not receive their invitation, I could send them the unique URL for their survey report. I was also able to send three reminders to both the students and supervisors to complete their reports. For the supervisor reports, I sent a survey invitation for every student they supervise and this enable me to track how many supervisors completed their reports. I found the report generation feature extremely useful and I was able to draw reports on the fly for presentation to management according to their specifications of what was required. Unfortunately, I was on the plus plan and had restricted functionality but this did not in any way hamper my use. Unfortunately, I could not populate the surveys with the details such as student number, etc for the supervisors because of the limited access. Also, supervisors and students could not save the survey as this option is not available on the plus plan. However, both students and supervisors could save their submissions as pdf files which is very useful. Generally, I was highly impressed with SoGoSurvey and wish to use it again for our reporting system.

Stephanie Koller

Great experiences with SoGo Survey!

Reviewed 2016-02-22

To finish my study of animal sciences, I am writing a master thesis on the subject of 'Parasite management in Austrian sheep production'. Me and my supervisors decided to distribute a online questionnaire to sheep breeders in Austria. The reasons were the easier and safer distribution compared to dispatch by mail, and the fact that I don't have to digitalise it myself to transfer them into the program for statistical analysis. I have been searching for a online survey tool for months, but none of the providers I found, could suit my requirements. One the one hand, the software should allow me to create a professional questionnaire although I am technically not advanced. The more professional and reliable a survey is, the more the respondents are encouraged to answer all questions, I think. On the other hand, I am a student with limited budget and my thesis is not part of a big university project, so my department does not pay for the subscripition fee. The costs for the software therefore should be preferably free. Most of the providers (SurveyMonkey, umfrageonline.de, etc) have free trials, but the upgrades are mostly expensive. The fees per month are not affordable for me, and the billing for every response seems counterproductiv, because I want to get as many responses as possible, and can`t pay for every single one, due to my limited student's budget. After I was really desperate on the search for a provider meeting my requirements, one of my colleagues recommended me SoGo Survey, because they offer a professional account for students for free. My colleague had positive experiences with the software. I was very happy and immediatly signed up for the basic account. I began to create my questionnaire, and found out that the tool is easy to use, the result looks very professional, even suitable for academic interests. An additional feature that I couldn't find at any other survey software, is to run reports on the responses. This is interesting during the survey, and will also be useful for the statistical analysis afterwards. Furthermore, the data can be exported easily to excel, csv, xml or spss, word or html! I am glad to use SoGo Survey and looking forward to distribute my questionnaire and get lots of responses! I highly recommend SoGo Survey for everyone, especially for students like me. Thanks to http://www.sogosurvey.com/ !! Stephanie Koller Master Student at University of Applied Life Sciences Vienna

Felipe Reinoso Carvalho

Ideal for behavioural studies!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-10-16

Free account for student, and outstanding customer support. Always quick answering and suggestions.

Pros
I have being using SoGosurvey for about two years now. During these years I have developed dozens of different questionnaires, within different levels of complexity. I use them mainly for my phd research, where I develop different types of behavioural tests. I must say that I am still quite happy with the service. I've seen that the SogoSurvey platform has evolved quite a lot within the last couple years, so it is definitively a service that keeps a constant upgrade policy. Hence, the resources to implement efficient surveys are always getting better and better. The graphics interface has also improved quite a lot. Customer's service is fast and 24/7. I am based in Europe, and always get quick answers when I have a specific inquiries, which is simply fabulous! The sogosurvey servers are quite stable. I have worked with other systems (such as Qualtrics), which usually rely on the university's servers, and therefore are significantly less stable. Finally, I can tell you that I will keep on using such services for a longer period time. I am very grateful of having found SoGoSurvey. The other ones available in the market won't go as smooth as this one. Of course, it is also important to mention that Sogosurvey offers special price ranges for students (like, free subscription...!), which is very convenient for researchers that are starting their careers. Cheers!

Cons
Still some features to include, such as randomisation of pages. Overall, I find that the interface could be improved, but in general it is quite easy to handle.

Anonymous

A very simple and quick surveying software.

Reviewed 2019-10-21

A very Fast survey system, just add questions and that's it, sogosurvey will take care of everything. I created future equipment buying opinion and found its better to ask people about it and give them a form and get them to think before asking. People can fill the form on their convenient time and mood which helps me to get the most accurate result and get to the conclusion faster. Also, their feedback and experience with the maker company also help me how simple it is to get service done as I work in a pro-environment and we need out equipment fast or we encounter loss.

Pros
I needed to survey 20 people very quickly and I found sogosurvey with over 500 reviews, mostly positive as my first choice. I register using my google account and that's it. After registration, it's tutorial video explains a lot and helps me to start quickly. I started to add my question and within am hours my survey is ready. It is not an official survey but to choose the equipment for out future projects but all my participants think it is. It is a well-designed template and really nice report. I can do a pool but the survey is so much flexible.

Cons
I have to refresh the windows after adding the survey form template. And after that, it is very fast and usable.

Response from SoGoSurvey

Hi! We're happy to be the platform you are using to help you select equipment for future projects. You made the right choice to go with SoGoSurvey for quick set-up and ease of use!

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Vithawat Surawattanasakul

My SoGoSurvey

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-06-17

Pros
Hello, I'm a graduate student. Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University Must have a thesis for graduation And my thesis requires a questionnaire to collect data In the first part, the general questionnaire will be made. But the advisor recommends doing an online questionnaire to gain access to a new generation Convenient and very cost effective No need to move data from paper to the computer, reduce data errors significantly. Then find out what kind of online questionnaire to use. Have tried using many websites that are available But enough that each website Will have different advantages or disadvantages Like the look of the questionnaire, not attracting to do Or not, can show some image Until a friend suggested Sogosurvey found that the external image was beautiful Attract people to do it. Can change many image styles Can add many features Until able to tell that the Sogosurvey will be a very good online questionnaire Very suitable for me Making research much easie Would like others to try and like it like me

Cons
The questionnaire cannot be created directly in Thai. Must be created in English first

Response from SoGoSurvey

Vithawat,

We are so glad that your research was made easier with SoGoSurvey and that you were able to take advantage of our versatile design features.

Thank you for leaving a review!

Olaf Bögemann

Amazing tool to support your research!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

SO HAPPY WITH MY EXPERIENCE

Pros
I am so extremely satisfied with the software interface of SogoSurvey. The absolute pros of this software are definitely a very good and extremely friendly service. Via many ways, my research was effectively supported with an amazingly nice designed website interface. With the use of this tool, I was able to create my desired measurement instrument. With this successful instrument, I was now able to distribute and collect data. It proved the quality as I collected 100 responses within one day with a minimal effort of distribution​. And no bad experienced were received from one single respondent. Also, I could track the progress very clear and easy in the monitor interface. I absolutely love the bilingual​ option of SoGoSurvey as now I was able o distribute the same survey in both Mandarin and English which enlarged​ the quality of my instrument. I was now able to successfully​ make my 7 scales​ Likert​ survey with an additional section to collect demographic information of the participants. The distribution​ options are very very easy and besides the email options,​ it was nice to create the embed links to share on Facebook​ and other social media​. I could not imagine a better survey tool and therefore I highly​ recommend​ this tool to everyone.

Cons
No cons founded in this period. The overall service solves every issue very adequate. SoGoSurvey is ready to face their challenges and yours! Amazing!

Amelia Kiggins

Charity that is given the pro version of SoGoSurvey for free but if we advertise for them

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-01-11

Surveys for our organization.

Pros
Full featured, free for charity, professional look and feel. Like that you can ask more than 10 questions. Like the grid style questions. Like the "if logic" to fork the survey. Like that I can customize/brand the header. Language translation section is critical for our organization.

Cons
Like the software a lot and appreciate that as a charity, SoGoSurvey gives us the full version for free. Unfortunately though the hurdles to getting the service are more than the value we get out of the tool. The free version is a one year plan for which we put a logo on our website all year and like the company on facebook. We are a small all volunteer parent organization and send out a survey once a year. We can barely train people on which logins to use let alone consistently use and support the same online tools. To lock our account each year until we send an email to customer service and have to fill out surveys / more product advertising is nearly a time-prohibitive hurdle to having our organization continue to use the software. Sorry to sound entitled and thankless but it just takes too much hand-off to keep this account working smoothly for our group.

Mavares Peters

A good survey represents a clear business idea

Reviewed 2018-07-14

Save time and effort with the best results in your business

Pros
The social sciences, as well as the disciplines related to trade and finance, build their research, results and conclusions using the different types of surveys. The SoGoSurvey platform offers a wide range of templates with their respective questions with a suitable format for the surveys, as well as the most common questions and answers, and the best thing is that it offers personalized design options, which allows you to distribute your surveys by different media. Then, complement your research with the reports module, which will allow you to analyze the data quickly and in real time through the reports module which can generate results in graphics, or if you wish, in diagrams of high professional level , which can be adjusted to your needs and requirements.

Cons
Every good system, in any field, must be checked according to the real needs of the organizations, since, although there is a "basic" version of this system, which is free, it is important to evaluate if it is possible to cover all of them. and each of the corporate needs. In general, these versions are very limited, so it is advisable to contact the support staff, who are always attentive to your requirements.

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Anonymous

Liked new spring release, always gets some new catching feature.

Reviewed 2018-05-23

1: It helped me to understand and organize public events in offices... Their reviews and feedback forms. 2: Quick and affective invitation and various publishing method saved lot of my time. 3: now for quick small survey they got an app seems promising too.. 4: had difficulty making decisions solved by the ordinance.

Pros
1: various variety of reports and distribution method it has... 2: quick support and custom work on request, there has been many times when I got stuck or forgot few steps, support chat was quick with there response is what I liked. 3: newly designed survey creation seems great too. 4: they keep getting something exiting like with Omni reports they have under Enterprise+ package. 5: there account freezing feature.

Cons
1: Overall UI is bit rough as compared to what UI they have inside module. 2: Moving on few feature to Enterprise+, I get it, thats the way of working but get new more advanced feature instead of dragging Enterprise feature to new package. 3: ppt download under reports need a real change...some Images are bit blurry

Ralph Malabanan

Definitely worth the switch

Reviewed 2017-03-14

Previously, I was subscribed to another survey site (which I shall not name). However, due to their recent transition to an annual payment term, I decided to look for another option. I'm currently writing my thesis and I will only be using this kind of service for a set amount of time (possibly 4-6 months only). That is how I found SoGoSurvey. I read through the features and monthly cost, I was impressed and decided to subscribe to the site. Next is customer service. I am subscribed to several sites online (i.e. Amazon, Origin, Steam, etc.), and I have to say SoGoSurvey is the best I've ever experienced. I had a problem with loading the site previously and sent a ticket. Within minutes I get a response with complete instructions and support on how to resolve the issue. The only complaints I can think of at the moment are probably the UI, and some missing features. I was kinda disappointed that skip-logic feature for Plus members was limited to 7 questions only - had to make a workaround for it. It would also be nice to have a multiple list with ranking option type of question. As for the UI, its good but I think it could be better. Overall, I am satisfied with SoGoSurvey and I'll be more than happy to recommend it to my researcher friends or even at work.

Pros
Cost-friendly Wide range of features Great customer service

Cons
Some missing features Limited skip-logic options Sometimes, the UI is confusing

Douglas Maindo

Best survey app

Reviewed 2019-05-06

Pros
SoGo survey is user friendly and rsdy to create surveys.Has a back ground oprion where you can edit /customize an image of your choice.Has designed templates which you can edit.Has a variety of questions including multiple choice,grid option such as matrix grid,check box and radio grid.It gives you a variety of languages to choose from and this is extremely useful since people can answer surveys more correctly when asked ina language they clearly understand.The customer suppoty is professional and helpful within shortest time possible.Gives you an option to export data ib desired format.Offers a free basic package for trial .Has an excellent reporting tools.Has been so useful when getting feedback from clients regarding sales in order to improve services.

Cons
The free trial is limited to a particular no of questions and thus forced to use a paid version to accommodate more questions .SoGo survey is unique in its own way compared to other survey apps.

Katherine Fosled

Sogo Survey very best software to surveys.

Reviewed 2018-02-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Sogo Survey is a very good program that I have not found almost mistakes, it has benefited me a lot in my work area, since I have been able to provide better elaborated surveys and better explicit results, this has helped the innovations of our services.

Pros
What I like most about Sogo Survey is the way in which the graphs are implemented at the time of completing the questionnaire. A circular graph is shown where each person's responses are specified by percentages from positive to negative. This has greatly facilitated the understanding of their features and functions.

Cons
Sogo Surveys has an application for mobile phones, clearly for this app you can not perform surveys, but you can see statistics and percentages of surveys previously completed, the problem is that the percentages are totally different from those shown in the Sogo website.

Michael Willett

Excellent tool for Social Science

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-02-22

I used SoGoSurvey for my master's thesis, whereby i surveyed key professionals from within the world of wildlife conservation, and reintroduction science. It was my first venture into the world of citizen science, and i was quite nervous about the prospect of designing a survey, sending to highly respected professionals, and analysing the data from my respondents. SoGoSurvey and their excellent customer service made it so easy for me. To start with the website is really easy to navigate, and designing a survey, thanks to SoGoSurvey's usability, is a lot simpler than i anticipated. Sending my survey was a piece of cake, and none of my respondents had any negative comments, some remarked how professional my questionnaire looked (i was able to customise the opening page with my Universities logo etc). When analysing the data collated from my respondents, i contacted customer service and was invited to partake in several webinars which allowed me to perform advanced analysis. The choice of graphs and tables allowed me to create a really high standard in illustrating my findings. I am currently working on publishing my thesis, and SoGoSurvey played a big part in this. Overall i am very happy and would highly recommend SoGoSurvey to anyone. I am now venturing into the world of social and citizen science, and will continue to use SoGoSurvey.

Pros
Usability Customer support Data analysis function

Cons
Nothing - SoGoSurvey, for me was pretty much flawless

María Abad Colom

Fantastic

Reviewed 2017-11-01

Data retrieval via survey for my PhD is faster, more convenient, more accurate, and much more professional.

Pros
What I really like about SoGo Survey is: 1) That you can create very professional-looking surveys and customize them as you like. 2) That it is quite intuitive and easy to use once you get used to the main functions and understand the terms they use to refer to each feature. 3) That it saves you tons of time on data analysis. 4) Last but not least, that they offer us students the possibility of using the software free of charge, thus saving us a lot of time and effort and ultimately boosting our research work For me, it's been a must during my PhD :)

Cons
The thing I like the least is the branching restrictions. I would love it if I could branch several questions on the same page. Also, the restrictions to the number of question display conditions you can set are also a bit annoying when you're trying to target a very specific population.

Eduardo Reyes

SogoSurvey with polls, quizzes and more!

Reviewed 2018-02-20
Review Source: Software Advice

SogoSurvey has given me a better comfort when sending surveys to clients, it has also given me some business advance, since I have managed to diversify the questions with polls or quizzes.

Pros
What I like most about SogoSurvey is that it not only dedicates itself to the elaboration of surveys, but as secondary areas, it offers the facility of carrying out short questionnaires, quizzes and polls, in this way I can diversify the areas where I can question clients that consume my products or services.

Cons
I do not like the prices of SogoSurvey, I consider that this is a very good software and that it has interesting functions, but its prices should be lower and more consistent since the questionnaire area is very comprehensive and necessary for any company, be it small or big.

Alfred Jean-Baptiste

Signed up for a Basic Membership of SogoSurvey three years ago, and observed its remarkable growth!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2017-05-25

Free Annual Nonprofit License.

Pros
SogoSurvey has grown into a premier survey package that can meet the needs of any nonprofit organization. I am very impressed with the comprehensiveness of board and staff evaluation templates, and the ease with they can be customized. I have tested several online survey tools, but none of them seem to balance the needs of business, academia, and nonprofits in the way SogoSurvey does. Designed with the corporate sector as the target market. In this regard, SogoSurvey is very well-balanced! My experience with customer support, though very limited, has been very responsive.

Cons
No major cons in my experience using SogoSurvey. However, it is not as intuitive as I would like; some steps in the survey creation process take a bit longer. Perhaps it's because I am using the basic version. That will likely improve in subsequent releases, or with a higher version.

Dave Newton

Great product

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Overall I have found SoGo to be an easy to use and reliable product with a very attractive price. They are by far more responsive than any of the other companies I've used.

Pros
I've been doing employee surveys in gaming and hospitality since 2004, getting into on-line surveys around 2007-08. I used one product until 2018, when I had a software problem during a survey and got zero support. I've used SoGo and one other product since then. SoGo is reliable (I've never had any unplanned for down time), very easy to use, very cost-effective and has great customer support. A feature I especially like is that you can get the actually delivery failure message when a survey doesn't go through. I can give this to my client to trouble shoot any delivery issues.

Cons
The feature I miss most from my previous supplier is the ability to import a survey in Word. With SoGo you need to enter each question manually (although you can copy old or library surveys). It's easy and instructions are very clear, but it gets tedious. Also, with certain types of surveys, the data is not recorded for partially completed surveys. For me these are small issues compared to the benefits above.

Raksha Suvarna

The best Survey tool.

Reviewed 2017-04-24

My requirement for an easy to use survey platform was just met by Sogosurvey..Being a biomed student,our hospital management subject required patient satisfaction survey for a hospital as an important assignment.So I had to go through many survey sites but didn't find any of them that interesting ,easy to use as a begineer and effective. After a couple of search on the internet I came across Sogosurvey tool. I must say this is indeed a user interactive tool. From the person creating the survey to the person filling the survey, everyone will find it comfortable to use.The key features that got my interest into sogo survey were: Free basic plan with those 30 questions which is the best available when compared to other tools. From their own set of questions to your own set of questions you are free to use anything you require and I feel their set of crafted questions just get you unbiased answers.There is nothing so complicated using it as a begineer.You just have to drag and drop the required items and start building.Color scheme and color template are the best features to use making it more interactive and yes you can also save your templates for further use.The best part is you can also make it available and design it for mobile view too.There are also features like what to display when the survey expires and thank you page, various add-ons,print your survey wich helps if its an assignment as in my case .Your survey can even be shared to your friends,teachers using email or social media sites. Sogo survey is my only choice for surveys from now..

Pros
Its easy to use and interactive user interface. Free plan includes many features that others don't provide. Mobile view supported. Can ask 30 question's. Questions can be from the selected list or your own.

Cons
Using still haven't figured out any cons yet will do post if any cons identified.