Olark Reviews

Olark

Happier customers live chat with Olark

4.55/5 (452 reviews)

Pros
  • The design is simple and intuitive which is very important to the companies I help to find great software. A simple design makes for quick training of employees and an easy launch.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • We are happy with their support and their new UI is really good. Olark also has really good features in which we can gain insights about customer behaviors and actions they took on our website.ALLY S.Read the full review
  • Olark has got an array of smart features , which helps the conversion rate on our website and also helps the sales team better improve the quality of customer service offered to customers and clients.Ifeoma O.Read the full review
Cons
  • Probably the most frustrating part is that we had a few times when the alarm noise just shut itself off and we missed a few chats before we realized what happened and turned the alert sound back on.Elizabeth B.Read the full review
  • Lack of customizations, Olark will log you out after 5 min of inactivity without any warning. Operator cant send attachments.Kurt H.Read the full review
  • The branding of the chat console is very bad for business, even if you have a plan, you have to pay a lot of money for the branding to come of.Mihai R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Shayne Holloway

The Best Customer Service Add On!

Reviewed 2019-04-08

Our company (which is a SaaS), started using Olark after we had major issues with another website chat client. Olark is way better and is definitely more reliable. Apart from work, I also use Olark for one of my e-commerce side businesses. Right now, it can easily be integrated with WordPress. Not sure about other platforms, though.

Pros
1) User-Friendly: I've found Olark to have a very simple and user-friendly interface for both - the recipient and the sender. 2) Affordability: Olark gives you the opportunity to look much bigger and way more professional than you already are! All of this at a very nominal price, of course. As of April 2019, Olark has one pricing model that can either be billed monthly, annually or for two years straight. As you choose a longer commitment, the prices reduce accordingly. Also, if you're not sure about what chat client is best suited for your business, you can always try Olark for 2 weeks, absolutely free. What I like the most is that there are no "Starter", "Pro", "Enterprise" discriminations! 3) Intelligence: Olark allows you to pre-assign quick responses that keep your customers from having to wait for an answer. Our employees love this feature because they don't have to type the same response again and again. Another smart feature is the notifications that our employees get when they leave their workstations and forget to log out. Olark gives the customer a quick response, giving them an option to send the chat as an email instead. This is great for a future follow-up. 4) Reporting Feature: Olark gives the administrator the option to assess the quality of an employees' chatting capabilities as well as his/her productivity levels. An employee can also learn from any feedback that's left by their customer with regard to their chat experience.

Cons
1) No Image Sharing: This may not be a necessity for all businesses, however, we occasionally require our customers to send us screenshots of the issue that they are facing. This can help us serve them better. We have makeshift walkarounds for this, but having an image sharing option would be great. 2) One User At A Time: Unfortunately, only one user can be logged on to the agent at any given time. This could be a deal breaker larger businesses that have more than one customer care representative.

Santiago Altriaga

There is no better option today than Olark.

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2019-04-13

Every time a potential client came in, we noticed that soon after we left our portal, we began to prove that it was what was needed, and we noticed that the accompaniment in the purchase is fundamental, especially when it comes to highly specialized articles. We looked for options similar to Olark but none offered that great ability to adapt to our needs, so we decided to install their live chat platform and the results changed completely, from having visits of a few minutes to a secure sale after each interaction. Apart from that, we achieved an integration with another platform such as Slack, which has led the work team not to lose any sales, and at the same time, has integrated us more as a team for common purposes.

Pros
When working with businesses of all kinds, especially the one that is linked to sales and customer service, one of the aspects imposed by the criterion of a good or bad experience is customer service. That's why I like Olark a lot, because you can offer an exclusive experience, which translates into higher sales. Since we used Olark, we have attracted more people, because thanks to its platform, it allows you to respond in record time, all those doubts about your products or services. Another thing that I like, is the ability that offers you to customize the chat to the corporate image of your company. Also, when you start communicating with any visitor, it allows you to know valuable data for your work, information such as location and contact details. Live chat is so important to us, and the best option you can find is Olark.

Cons
All their years of experience offer you a shielded commercial option, which makes me not identify negative aspects of their platform or their services, quite the contrary, I have compared them with others and greater are the profits, a marvel.

John Adams

worked great in our lounge

Reviewed 2020-06-30

We need a point of sale system for our lounge and this worked perfectly for us.

Pros
This point of sale software was very easy to use in our lounge. The touch screen interface is very intuitive.

Cons
Since we have a large inventory implementation was difficult and took a long time. After that no real cons.

Jesse Mixon

Decent value but performance somewhat lacking

Reviewed 2019-05-27
Review Source: Software Advice

When Olark is functioning correctly, it's a decent tool. The service is affordable, and this has been the largest draw. Our organization uses it as an integrated chat support option and it has helped take our support to a higher level. Some issues arise however when our users contact our other support channels and report "not getting a response" which we determined to result from our rep's not receiving the text, simply open chats with no content. We have no way to determine when this is happening or why but it comes and goes sporadically. When the transcripts are later sent to our email inbox (another of their useful features) we see the conversation, but by then it's too late and our customers are already frustrated. We've kept it for over 2 years because we've built a lot of our other functionality around it, however the problems (such as not having accurate visibility of when other reps are online as another example) have continued and we will likely be seeking an alternative option.

Pros
Easy to use Through metrics and reporting Easily integrated with other ticketing and metrics tracking programs

Cons
Unable to post images (from the chat rep side) Performance/ functionality somewhat inconsistent Limited ability to create personalized macros Agent visibility (knowing when teammates are online) often unreliable/ not functional

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Anmol Gupta

A good value for money tool

Reviewed 2020-04-21

Pros
I used Olark daily while working at my first company. I used it almost daily and the good thing about Olark is it isk very simple, easy to learn/understand UI and gets the work done. It would be great for a small company/start up.

Cons
Overall, it does get the work done but I didn't see any advanced functionalities like getting analytics of usage. May be text analytics to understand the most common type of concerns etc.

Anonymous

One of the easiest tools to connect with customers

Reviewed 2019-10-18

I love that you connect and the UI is uncluttered. As you wait for chats, Olark welcomes you with a positive message. Then as you get the chats, it is very easy to use. It took me and my peers a couple of minutes to learn how to use it. Our customers love to chat and they also love how easy it is to get in touch.

Pros
It's simple, easy to use and allows you to store frequently used responses to speed up communication.

Cons
Visitors can send you files but you can't send files back to visitors. It is a bit difficult because if you want to send a PDF or a screenshot, you have to e-mail it or have it stored on a Web server and give the visitor a URL.

Elizabeth Bosscher

We love Olark

Reviewed 2020-01-14

Olark makes it super easy for customers to interact quickly and efficiently with our staff.

Pros
This program is so easy to use that everyone in our office has taken a turn! We love that it can be a subtle, yet helpful, add on to our website. We also like seeing who is on our site and being able to recall past chats. The price point is also very affordable.

mark newfield

The most important tool we use

Reviewed 2019-10-03

Olark has been the most important way we drive real leads to our business

Pros
I like how easy it is to use and how our customers interact with us through its use. The way it pops up on our website is useful to our application

Cons
Nothing - it is so helpful to our way of doing business, both for new lead generation and serving our current customer base.

Barbara Velasquez

Chat, Chat, Chat

Reviewed 2019-09-21

A great tool we have used for a couple years. We would recommend to other companies who would like to use this chat service.

Pros
I use Olark chat services daily at work for the past few years. We love it, it is so easy to use and implement .

Cons
To date, no issues or complaints. Love the service and convenience. We will continue to use Olark. We will continue to use in the future.

Maya Eid

Good software for interacting with customers

Reviewed 2020-05-26

Overall Olark is a useful tool to have for any online store

Pros
Helps increase sales by allowing me to speak with potential customers and answer questions. Easy to set up and use.

Cons
Unfortunately, we are unable to send customers images of products to show them additional details..we are forced to use other ways of communication

Ifeoma Onoigbe

Easy to use support solution.

Reviewed 2018-07-10

Pros
Olark is amongt the simplest helpdesk applications to try. It is intuitive and has a very short learning curve for new support staffs I have introduced to Olark. Olark has got an array of smart features , which helps the conversion rate on our website and also helps the sales team better improve the quality of customer service offered to customers and clients. I like the searchable transcript feature , which ensures every conversation between sales agents and web. visitors are saved in the cloud. Thereby allowing anyone on the sales team to search through the chat transcripts either for analysis purposes or to follow up on previous conversations. It has an efficient mobile approach ,which has ensures users who communicate with the website team via mobile phones, have a quality experience just as someone communicating via pc or tablet.

Cons
Olark automatically closes open chat conversations if agents have not responded in over five minute. I wouldn't know why this was introduced ,however it does not do the sales team any good.

Perry Ellison

Olark is a very reliable and easy to use platform with limitations

Reviewed 2018-11-13

8 out of ten, with the two points really just all about limitations from an "AI" or Automated Response stand point of view and the inability to send graphics.

Pros
Olark has been our chat platform for three plus years and has proven itself to be a time saver, a great sales tool, and it has been an easy resource for our existing clients and CS Agents to utilize. Their ";" shortcuts are the easiest tools to use on many platforms we have tried. Aside from a few short outages, they are extremely reliable and their support team is responsive and very helpful.

Cons
The limitations of Olark include the lack of ability to share graphics with our clients. We can receive images from them, but not being able to respond has been a severe limitation on our staff as we have to switch to email in order to send graphics. Their Screen Share option is nice, but with new contacts, this is a hard proposition to sell on letting a new company "take control" of your PC. If Olark allowed us to send graphics, screen caps, images, it would be the perfect platform as my team loves the ease of use and friendly tools.

Crystal Ignatowski

Best Live Chat

Reviewed 2018-04-23

Pros
Olark is hands down the best chat software we have used based on functionality, ease of use, and price. We have used 2 other softwares and none compare to Olark. Olark is easy to customize to fit your website (color scheme, style, design, etc) and it is easy to use (for both back end and front end users). We found our users are more engaged when chatting to us through Olark.

Cons
The only complaint we have is that we can't share seats. This makes sense. Olark doesn't want you to only purchase one seat, yet have multiple users using it. I guess we were blessed in the last software we used which allowed us to have 2 people for one seat. The other software failed in other regards though, so we are fine paying for multiple seats with Olark. I guess we actually have one more complaint: people who chat with you can upload screenshots, but not the other way around. We cannot upload screen shots into the chat while chatting with people. This makes it difficult sometimes. We have to explain via words where to click on our website or where to sign a document. We would love if a feature was developed where both front end and back end users could attach screenshots.

Tessa Aschner

Love Olark!

Reviewed 2017-04-19

I really enjoy using Olark. I think it's fun. The bird with the its little birdhouse is so cute, and the way it turns to nighttime when you're not accepting chats--adorable! It's super easy to use. I am a huge fan of the notification systems. I like how you get both visual and auditory notifications, and well as follow-up notifications to remind you, "Hey! Don't forget about me over here! I'm still waiting!" I like how you can tag chats with whatever tag you desire; we've really had some fun with those! The co-browsing feature is pretty awesome, though I'll admit, some of our customers are rather paranoid, and the fact we can do something like that freaks them out quite a bit, so I avoid telling most people we have the ability to co-browse. Still, it's a really cool feature, and it can be SO helpful! One thing I wish they'd improve is the length of time you can block a user. When I last used Olark, the longest you could block someone was 24 hours. Some of the people who visit chat prove themselves worthy of a significantly longer blockage period.

Pros
The cute little touches

Cons
You can't block pervs longer than a mere 24 hours

Natasha St-Jean

Fantastic Service

Reviewed 2017-01-13

I work for All Seasons Weddings and we decided to try Olark on our website so that we can better help our customers. It's turned out to be such an amazing and helpful tool! The features are super helpful too once you know how to use them. Like forwarding an ongoing conversation and pre-loading some of your basic responses. The customers also get to rate their conversation with you which helps you to improve where needed. The one thing that would be helpful for the users though would be an indicator so that we know if someone is already typing a response to an inquiry. Maybe a button that the operator can click on to indicate the chat is being taken care of so other operators aren't also typing a response just to get kicked out. Still a wonderful customer service tool that really comes in handy and is convenient for the customers! I haven't had to contact the customer support yet, but they are always eager to help in any way that they can, so I'm sure that when I do, I won't be disappointed.

Pros
easy to use and always improving

Cons
multiple operators can start a response to an inquiry and the first one to hit enter wins. Would be helpful if the operator who will deal with it can click on a button 'respond' so that other operators will know and won't

Response from Olark

Thanks Natasha! Not sure if you've tried Round Robin routing for chats yet, but that might fix the issue of not knowing when a chat has been answered by another operator. Chat with us on Olark.com if you want to know more about that. [-Karl]

Dallas Kachan

Great chat solution

Reviewed 2017-01-24

We've been using Olark for two years on our website and usually perform at least 3 chats every business day with it. The chat interface and its behavior are nicely customizable to match our site's appearance and business workflow. Favorite features include the integration (we use Sugar CRM) for passing records of chats back into our CRM and marketing automation system (inbox25) and what Olark calls its Targeted Chat capability, where we can have automatic behaviors initiated for certain types of visitors on certain pages of our site, e.g. automatically initiating discussions with website visitors from North America who spend longer than a minute looking at our case studies. We're fans of Olark and recommend it. Try it out on our site if you haven't already - it integrates quickly and is easy to test.

Pros
Support is very responsive. Company uses Olark chat service itself for support - so you always end up getting a real person in real time during (West Coast) business hours.

Cons
Occasional service disruptions, but rarely longer than a few minutes.

Bo Acimovic

Easy to use and get started with

Reviewed 2017-01-13

Olark is a great chat tool. When you focus on one part of customer support like they did (chat), you end up with a good product. Pricing: I like their pricing policy. You can define the actual number of operators and get billed accordingly. You can go up and down on that number as you need. Functionality: Both the chat client and the operator view are easy to use. There is enough functionality to allow you to transfer chats between operators, ask for feedback, etc. Another great feature is sending some visitor information from your website where you use the client to the operator. For example, if your users log in, you can transfer the user information, email, etc for the operator to see. Stability: There have been some stability issues in the months before January 2017, but Olark seems to be on it and it improved recently. You can sign up for SMS and email alerts too. Reporting: Reporting is available, altho I would like to see some improvements. Most serious companies with a good customer support have operator schedules. I would love to be able to have the ability of defining schedules for each operator and have that included in the report. As much as you want to get reports from end users and about their satisfaction, you need to keep track of the operators and if they are sticking to the schedule.

Pros
Eease of use and integration.

Cons
Some stability issues and outages.

Rich Calligan

Great, easy to use service

Reviewed 2017-01-25

This is a very easy turn-key solution to customer website chat. Our agents find the software very easy to use. Our customer really love the chat and ask us anything about our products and services, and often even place orders with our agents. Olark has been an invaluable addition to our customer service philosophy. Some things I wish Olark had the ability to do: 1. Block a user from entering a credit card number (yes, it happens) or custom RegEx matches, 2. allow customers to chat with us via SMS on their phones (our agents would chat in the same chat window that they currently do), and 3. have an Olark Android app so our agents can chat with customers after hours if needed (yes, we would pay them :-). Over all the experience has been very positive. Olark's customer service is caring and responsive. I would recommend trying Olark (really it's easy to implement or turn off). You've got nothing to lose, really. You can customize almost everything about it from the user's point of view.

Pros
VERY easy to implement and customize. Great use experience.

Cons
Can't think of anything right now.

Igor Churilov

Simple live chat software that gets the job done

Reviewed 2018-04-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Olark is a great first ever live chat software. It is super easy to set up and use. While it may lack features, everything critical is already there and working. So if you don't need any extra bells and whistles - Olark will work well for you.

Pros
The biggest advantage of Olark is how easy it is to install and have it running in no time. The dashboards features pretty extensive analytics and chat history. Customer support was also pretty quick when I had an issue. They also have a mobile app but I rarely used it.

Cons
I think the biggest con is that very same simplicity that makes it easy to use. I have had hard time generating a really detailed CSV report about the chat history of our team with timestamps, client emails, names, etc. The customization of the whole Olark experience for both us and the client is also pretty lacking.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Nathan Page

What Olark lacks in functionality, it makes up for in simplicity and clean UI

Reviewed 2018-11-01

Overall, I've loved using Olark as a simple sales and support tool. However, any ticket creation or formal integrations are lacking. If you're looking for a tool that is more than a simple one-to-one, one time communication tool, then I would look elsewhere.

Pros
The UI is clean, easy to use, and is honestly just pleasant to log into every day. Beyond that though, the shortcuts are helpful, and the storage of past chats is really advanced for the price point, and easy to sort through and keep track of. Lastly, the reporting and metrics are helpful in making informed decisions.

Cons
There isn't a lot to Olark. It's a chat tool, pure and simple. The integrations are available, but they aren't easy to connect, and they don't provide a lot of output for the trouble.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Julie Newton

Squawking like a galah from outback Australia

Reviewed 2017-01-16

We installed Olark pigin live chat on our first website and found it invaluable in assisting customers to choose the correct size of footwear and clothing. The most frequent question asked has been how much for postage? Livechat is useful for getting lazy/unmotivated/ web illiterate online customers quick answers. Despite the increasing popularity of live chat now - Australian web customers are reluctant to chat when the conversation is instigated by the website.

Pros
It works and the vendor does not continuously pester us to upgrade.

Cons
I would like greater flexibility to change its appearance. This Christmas the festive themes were non relevant to Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere

Alan O'Rourke

Helped up convert bigger customers and expand customer service

Reviewed 2019-03-29

The team had been using Olark for support before I joined and had it available for everyone looking at the website. When I joined I did some analysis to see if it was worth keeping Olark running on the front-end of the website where non-customers could use it. Or could we save money and resources and just make the support available to customers after they logged in. I was very nicely surprised to find that leaving it on the front of the website resulted in us converting customers x3 times the average size. I guess they liked to check us out and make sure there were real people there to talk to if any issues. The end numbers were that for every hour a support person was answering questions on the site we were earning a little over $100 in return. These numbers resulted in us actually expanding the customer success team to make sure all time zones were covered.

Pros
Easy to set up and run with a distributed support team across the world.

Cons
No real downsides. The software worked exactly as advertised.

Abiola Ademosu

Excellent helpdesk solution.

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-07-02

Pros
I have tried and administered a few helpdesk solutions over the years and I think Olark stands out for me at this time,it could be different in future though. I love Olark's simplistic approach ,everything from its user interface ,add-on services and features are simplified for teams and organizations to have a perfect understanding of how they work ,and how best to maximize their impact on an organizations sales(customer service) activity. With Olark ,I am able to measure the performance of all agents reporting to me , set a limit on the amount of chats an agent can respond to at one time ,access vital analytic which becomes very important to helping my organization better prioritize chats,score our leads and modify our sales strategy by leveraging on the insights in visitor data collected from social profiles and on our website by Olark.

Cons
Olark needs to continuously innovate the Olark helpdesk solution. Over the last year ,Olark hasn't undergone any major change or upgrade in terms of features. An overly confident organization,yea?

Lydia Sugarman

Olark & Venntive

Reviewed 2017-01-13

We integrated Olark with Venntive and our customers as well as we find it incredibly valuable in managing customer questions and impressing new website visitors. Adding chat to your website really makes sense when it's integrated with your CRM and triggers a workflow for prompt follow-up. It's a great complement to our Tickets forms. We save our customers a ton of money over apps like Zendesk, UserVoice, and GetSatisfaction.

Pros
It's super easy to implement and customize in many ways. The folks at Olark are incredibly responsive to questions.

Cons
Hmmm, can't think of anything at the moment.

Brent Lionel Mausisa

Olark is a great tool to respond to customer enquiries

Reviewed 2018-12-10

Overall, it's okay but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Pros
Olark allows you to create a pre-chat survey to get leads. The fallback message is cool too specially if you're not able to answer any chat within a span of time. You can also forward the message to the right department that must take care of any request from a possible customer or existing customers. The Pro version allows the chat support to access the scree of the customer with the customer's approval. You can also transfer the chat to another chat support member. Their cobrowsing is super duper useful.

Cons
The chat window templates doesn't really look good and their design are not that attractive. The design of the templates should be improve so they can be attention-grabbing and appealing.