Sage Accounting Reviews

4.23/5 (108 reviews)

Paul Southernwood

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Karen Nelson

Almost has 100% of what we need as a growing business

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Compliance, ability to integrate different aspects of financial company data.User-friendly interface. Good dashboard view. Collaboration with external agencies - HMRC, our accountant & book-keeper. Functionality has increased alongside our needs as a growing business. Cost-effective Excellent customer support

Jan Kefalas

I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Easy now to manipulate. I only wish I could input my bank information into Peachtree but it will not except it.I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years. It has taken many years to learn because I was never trained on the software.

Kevin Dow

Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

weston welch

On the Wright path

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Well if you have clients like I do it will make your life easier and more organized I first had this software when it was peach tree. It has a ton of features more then you will ever need with the ability to back everything up.

James Aylett

We've used SageOne Accounting (and it's predecessor) for many years - love it!

Reviewed 2018-02-02

We find it does what it says it does. It's very flexible, not only because of Cloud access, but in terms of products, sales invoicing and reporting. The addition of integration of PayRoll has saved us both time and money.

Andrew Gill

Sage has made a big improvement on managing our accounts

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Improved recording of accounts and better organisation of data. Ability to generate reports and forecasts.As a small business this has helped us to manage our both payroll and accounts. The initial motivator to look at online packages was for auto-enrolment. Having used the accounting package as well it's helped us to organise our accounts better and it is a lot easier to get information and reports from it. The technical support either via self help, web chat and telephone is excellent. I've made a few mistakes initially and these were easily resolved with support line help.

Bev Love

Straightforward and easy to use, for someone who has no business accounting knowledge.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Straightforward and easy to use. Was very quick and easy to set-up, get customers on and get invoices sent out. Easy to use and understandable. Produces reports that allow you to quickly see the information you need. Easy and quick to create and send invoices out. Like the fact I can access it from anywhere and on any device.

Jimmi Ng`ang`a

It's simply among the best accounting management software I've ever used.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Its ability to send real time accounting documents through its automated processes saves the company or organisation a lot of time. Its add on modules give users a robust diversity to customize the system to best fit the organisations needs. Automation of invoice generation, Local Purchase orders, credit notes, petty cash just to mention a few to communicate with bank accounts, make transactions and additionally update the records is actually very impressive. Great support with free training.

Adam Kourakis

Overall effective tool for my book keeping

Reviewed 2018-03-07

I was able to have all my book-keeping done in a central location, with the ability to pull reports quickly, when needed. Fairly simple to use . Once I learned how to use it, I was able to use it every day and make it part of my daily routine, to stay on top of my book keeping.

Anonymous

Definitely useful for self-employed professionals, but there are more attractive options for the pri

Reviewed 2018-03-12

Plenty of useful features for a self-employed professional, such as Billing & Invoicing, Bank Reconciliation and Expense Tracking.I used to use Sage One because it offers all the functions I need as a self-employed professional, but the price kept creeping up (it's between 14 and 54 euros a month where I'm from), so I decided to switch to QuickBooks. It includes plenty of useful features, such as Billing & Invoicing, Bank Reconciliation and Expense Tracking, but QuickBooks offers pretty much the same with a more attractive UI and at a better price point.

Charmaine Briscoe

Reliable software

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Well-known and respected company. VAT Return module is easy to use and works well. Inclusive updates are much better than old year end routines.

Bettina Berlep

Shocking support and behaviour from their new online shop division

Reviewed 2018-09-18
Review Source: Software Advice

We had been one of their first online store users when SAGE started with their online store offer. Then the support and customer service was outstanding. Sadly they outsourced their online shop to another company and we needed to move our existing online shop to a new platform. One would think that "SAGE" would facilitate this move for free, as the old platform was discontinued. Well that was not so, we ended up paying a large sum of money for the move. The service level of the new "SAGE" company was horrific, the treatment we received was shocking, everything took weeks and months to finalise. We ended up doing most of the work ourselves and then received a bill for their general set up package and for re-directing the pages to the new site. Unbelievable and shocking! We are also using their accounting software that we like, if we find another way of integrating the accounting part easily with another online shop provider, we will move. They do not deserve our business as they clearly don't appreciate loyal and long standing customers.The online store platform integrates easily with sage cloud accounting. Nevertheless, the customer service is shocking, shocking, shocking!

Paul Rushworth

Fantastic

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Easy to use, available 24 hour a day, makes difficult tasks easy. When i took over the payroll, I was amazed how easy it was using Sage. It has saved me a lot of time and money and made me more confident.

Robert Hall

Has given me more time to run my Business.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Love how the invoicing facility makes my business even more professional. Like the way my accountant can just log on whenever they need to, without having to provide them with lots of books and paperwork.

Alan Herbert

Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc. A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Milli Burton

Good for Money

Reviewed 2018-01-30

It's simple and easy to use. Maintenance is always pre-warned and is usually done when the system won't be used (midnight).

Terri Comeau

Easy to use for basic accounting

Reviewed 2018-04-24

Easy to add people and find their accounts, keeps records of late payers, & reminds you to update daily.

SUE churchill

SAGE ONE EASY TO USE AND MANAGE

Reviewed 2018-01-30

MAKES MY LIFE EASIEREASY TO USE, YOU DONT HAVE TO BE AN ACCOUNTS WIZ TO USE IT, IF YOU MAKE A MISTAKE CAN BE EASIELY FIXED. YOU BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE SET UP QUITE QUICKLY. IF YOUR NOT SURE THERE IS ALWAYS HELP AVAILABLE

Brenna Needham

Overall easy software to use

Reviewed 2018-01-16

It's easy to use. Even for beginners. I have used it for several modules and when training It was easy to understand

Johan Watson

Very slow system when items is above a 1000. We are on 100meg lines and Sage Accounting is terrible.

Reviewed 2018-06-25

It's just a basic accounting software.The software is easy to use. But it it can be 10 times better if the right coders and designers is employed. Price, it is not the cheapest in the market but again African companies like their money and labour is expensive in South Africa. The system is slow as said when when you have more than a 1000 entries or stock items. Export function lacks functionality as only basic stuff can be exported. Compared to other software in the world....There is much better software in the market!

Caroline Hurt

Appalling Customer Service

Reviewed 2018-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I phoned and chatted online with Sage One (Sage Business Cloud?) customer service technical support 8 days ago over an issue and have also emailed them every working day since and they just keep telling me that they have logged the issue and it has been passed to their Development Team. In the meantime I can't send invoices. What's the point in offering 24/7 customer support if they just log the issue and make you wait over a week for a fix?Good interaction with payroll and Pension software, banking etc. Easy to use. Can use from any pc.

Caroline Thomas-Asante

Reliable software and exceptional customer support

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Customer support is excellent with knowledgeable and helpful staff. Attractive screens and easy to understand

Chris Marshall

Makes looking after the business accounts very easy and straightforward.

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Has made my life easier, and made dealing with the accounts and invoicing less stressful and slightly more enjoyable!!Quick and easy to set-up and get going on. Quick to send out invoices and add new customers. Can quickly see who owes what and who we owe money to. Facility to send out statements is great - and can get statements sent out in seconds.

Teddy Basi

Sage Busines cloud accounting allowing you to keep up to date whereever there is an internet connect

Reviewed 2018-11-07

This cloud based accounting package is great to work with. It is simple to use and easy to learn. The standard accounting reports that a growing business are all available. Besides, this I am able to work on the system from home and don't need to move around with a laptop that has the software loaded as it is all in the cloud.