Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Cloud accounting & invoicing for small business

4.08/5 (163 reviews)

Pros
  • Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc.Alan H.Read the full review
  • I love it's ability to automate the functions like reconcilliations.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • Ease of use and integration with payroll, also the tax/vat compliance make this software a winner.Willem S.Read the full review
Cons
  • It appears as though Sage panicked when Xero and other cloud providers appeared in their market and so they rushed out a poor bit of software.Matthew T.Read the full review
  • I lost my money on this product and would advice everyone to be cautious while dealing with this fraud company.Nitin G.Read the full review
  • Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Magdalene van der Walt

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Pros
I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons
Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Cathy Jensen

Simple to learn, gives you great data

Reviewed 2020-04-23

I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pros
The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Cons
There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

Anonymous

Just don't

Reviewed 2019-03-11

I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this. My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros
The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was. There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons
It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing. Essential features like repeating invoices were missing. You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account. You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have. Fixing anything is a mammoth task and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Terry Livesey

A very simple online accounting system

Reviewed 2017-11-06

The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pros
The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Cons
It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.

Kevin Dow

Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

Cons
Sage support is very good if you have to telephone them - HOWEVER it is expensive! Very occasionally the system has crashed (not often) and it can cost you money to find out that it is their error not yours...

Jaco Schoeman

Sage 300

Reviewed 2020-02-06

The cloud based accounting solution offers a truly "connected" experience for the end user. Whether you are a salesperson travelling amd entering orders online or a Financial director viewing information while you are sitting in an airport lounge. I believe Sage accounting solutions can truly offer value for money.

Pros
From a customization point of view I think Sage 300 ranks pretty high. Most lager ERP solutions offers a square to plug a round hole.

Cons
Searching through all the modules for an Invoice and following the flow from AP to GL for example is quite cumbersome. I have had a more positive experience with other ERP solutions as a end user.

Krystal Lugo

Using Sage since Peachtree

Reviewed 2019-11-11

This software has helped us to have all the necessary reports for the government. We recommend it if you want a complete one.

Pros
It is a complete software to manage your business accounting. We have been using Sage since it was Peachtree. Now you can manage the accounting everywhere with the cloud feature. You can manage sales, inventory, employees, estimates, purchases/sellers, and so much more.

Cons
You can be confused sometimes because all the windows are similar.

Yanick Gosselin

Complete product for a small business

Reviewed 2019-01-08

Pros
It is very easy to use, it has almost zero bugs. You can easily backup, import data. I like this product and I use it everyday.

Cons
The ONLY thing that I hate about this product is the speed of the software. I do around 1000 invoices per year and the application is very slow to start, close, export backups, etc. Could be really better. I use other product that are really faster.

Chris Statham

Expensive

Reviewed 2020-02-18

Not that impressed. You can’t get any subsequent support unless you pay for it.

Pros
The main go to accounting software and as you’d expect, covers all required accounting aspects.

Cons
The software cost is expensive for what it is and we don’t like the fact that Sage lock you in then annually push up the prices for new functionality that most people never want.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Burak Cinar

Perfect with Reporting!

Reviewed 2020-02-07

When it comes to prepare and present an analysis to the management, Sage comes the first.

Pros
We use Sage Accounting for management reporting and it works perfect and always reliable and gives us a great understandable charts/graphics. Also it is very easy to adapt and very user friendly and has never crashed during my last two years.

Cons
There is no negative point of this software and I have never heard/witnessed any cons from anyone.

Paul Southernwood

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Pros
It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons
If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform. The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Alan Herbert

Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used

Reviewed 2017-11-09

Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.

Pros
The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc. A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Cons
The Invoicing template choices are limited, but with a bit of creativity, you can definitely make something you can work with. The thing that needs the most attention is the method by which invoices and statements are emailed out. they appear to be from the email address you give the system, but are sent by Sage. Consequently, some clients weren't receiving their emails. We just turn any invoices into PDF's and email them ourselves. No big deal as we are still paperless, but it would be nice if we didn't have to. hopefully something that will be addressed on a future update.

Bhanu Mittal

GOOD EXPIRENCE

Reviewed 2019-08-12

We use sage for accounting. The best thing is we can use sage cloud anywhere in the world. the software reminds us of the payments due for the customers. Then we can call our customers. It's easy to use. It saves time. If your computer will be crash then our all accounts are fully safe in the cloud-based sage. It's easy to use and access. When we need any help then the sage technician will fix the problem within few minutes on the call with remote access.

Pros
a few months ago we use the sage on the computer but if there any problem with the computer then our sage data not secure. Some time we lost lots of files as well. but when we subscribe Cloud service it's so much secure and easy. Our all data is fully secure on the sage cloud. The best thing is we can access anywhere in the world.

Cons
Nothing, when we need any help the sage technicians help me.

Tarryn TheTaxLady

Good solution for the small business owner

Reviewed 2019-05-13

Pros
It is fairly easy to use. It provides the basic needs of small business owners. Helps me with their tax prep needs

Cons
Navigation through the product isn't seamless

Karen Nelson

Almost has 100% of what we need as a growing business

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Compliance, ability to integrate different aspects of financial company data.

Pros
User-friendly interface. Good dashboard view. Collaboration with external agencies - HMRC, our accountant & book-keeper. Functionality has increased alongside our needs as a growing business. Cost-effective Excellent customer support

Cons
No trace-ability of emails sent - only a Yes or No view of whether emails (invoices) have been sent. Cannot export XL data to our Pension portal (Big booooo for the Sageone!) No auto-generation of a reference number for purchases like there is sales?! This causes us issues!! Only 1 user allowed to access Payroll platform for our subscription

Jan Kefalas

I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years.

Reviewed 2018-07-05

Easy now to manipulate. I only wish I could input my bank information into Peachtree but it will not except it.

Pros
I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years. It has taken many years to learn because I was never trained on the software.

Cons
My only issue with Peachtree Complete Accounting with Sage is the customer support. You have to wait hours to speak with someone if there is an issue especially if you call you have to just leave your name and number. During tax season it is impossible to reach someone. I once waited over 4-6 hours to get a response.

weston welch

On the Wright path

Reviewed 2018-08-01

Well if you have clients like I do it will make your life easier and more organized

Pros
I first had this software when it was peach tree. It has a ton of features more then you will ever need with the ability to back everything up.

Cons
It takes time to learn there is so much. I would start using this software has soon had you can. I started using it in the middle of my second year of business back in 2014 and it time some time inputting data but once it's there this software made my life a breeze but you will need to take time to set it up

James Aylett

We've used SageOne Accounting (and it's predecessor) for many years - love it!

Reviewed 2018-02-02

Pros
We find it does what it says it does. It's very flexible, not only because of Cloud access, but in terms of products, sales invoicing and reporting. The addition of integration of PayRoll has saved us both time and money.

Cons
To be honest, Iuse it without fuss. I'd prefer the Other Payments option to be in the 'Purchasing' section rather than the 'Banking' section and maybe a 'custom' layout option for Invoices - not fields, but presentation. That's all.

Anonymous

Sage Business Cloud accounting the accounting solution for growing businesses

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Pros
Sage Business Cloud accounting is the ideal solution for any growing small business. You have all the information available to you on your cellphone if you so require. You can invoice clients as you do the job no matter what your industry. A great full function accounting system

Cons
The number of columns you are allowed when importing bank csv information is limited. Otherwise the import function serves its function.

Andrew Gill

Sage has made a big improvement on managing our accounts

Reviewed 2018-02-05

Improved recording of accounts and better organisation of data. Ability to generate reports and forecasts.

Pros
As a small business this has helped us to manage our both payroll and accounts. The initial motivator to look at online packages was for auto-enrolment. Having used the accounting package as well it's helped us to organise our accounts better and it is a lot easier to get information and reports from it. The technical support either via self help, web chat and telephone is excellent. I've made a few mistakes initially and these were easily resolved with support line help.

Cons
This will be common to all packages. I now feel that using this software is making us do some tasks that our accountant used to do. Unfortunately I feel that some of this relies on a bit of an understanding of accountancy principles that I didn't have. I needed the support to help explain this and how to find some options. Once done though it's easy to find again.

Karl Bodmann

Sage business cloud accounting

Reviewed 2019-01-18

Sage business cloud accounting isn't free but nesscecary and tailored for small businesses. It brings ease and practicalcality when organizing clients and accounts. There are many bisinesses using sage business cloud accounting, so there is no doubt that the software has been designed to cator for the tasks at hand.

Pros
The software is simple to setup from entering in the user's company details and client details. Menus are easy to navigate. Requires basic accounting knowledge. It is cloud based, bringing convenience in and out of the office. The software handles all the nesscecary transactions regarding accounting for small businesses.

Cons
The software can be slow at times. Lacks customization features in areas. A break in an Internet connection can cause a loss in work.

Dave Davis

The Best Accounting Software For Non-Accountants

Reviewed 2017-02-23

As someone who is more interested in running my business than getting kinky with red tape, Sage one was the best of all the accounting packages for me. Automated VAT returns as well as bank feeds were my two big requirements and Sage One fulfilled this perfectly. That it doesn't have a mobile app is an absolute travesty but that none of it's competitors with the same feature set do either means I'm sticking with it for now. As soon as another accounting software company comes along with Bank Feeds, Automated VAT returns (for Ireland without a hack) and a mobile app for receipts (currently, I use receipt bank with Sage), then I'll switch.

Pros
Easy to use. Irish VAT returns. Missing features are mostly filled with third party integrations.

Cons
No mobile app. Super annoying when trying to get info or input anything on the go.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Bev Love

Straightforward and easy to use, for someone who has no business accounting knowledge.

Reviewed 2018-01-30

Straightforward and easy to use. Was very quick and easy to set-up, get customers on and get invoices sent out.

Pros
Easy to use and understandable. Produces reports that allow you to quickly see the information you need. Easy and quick to create and send invoices out. Like the fact I can access it from anywhere and on any device.

Cons
Frustrating when the server is overloaded or experiencing high-demand and then unable to access Sage One.

Craig Duff

Best cloud based accounting software

Reviewed 2018-11-29

Easy platform for non book keepers to keep a finger on the pulse of their financials

Pros
That you can have full access to all financial detail of your business wherever you are

Cons
Maybe allow a link through for document storage to keep down the user space needed. For instance if I upload my slips and document to Sage I’d quickly use up my allocated space, if it could link through to my dropbox where I get far more space

Jimmi Ng`ang`a

It's simply among the best accounting management software I've ever used.

Reviewed 2018-04-25

Pros
Its ability to send real time accounting documents through its automated processes saves the company or organisation a lot of time. Its add on modules give users a robust diversity to customize the system to best fit the organisations needs. Automation of invoice generation, Local Purchase orders, credit notes, petty cash just to mention a few to communicate with bank accounts, make transactions and additionally update the records is actually very impressive. Great support with free training.

Cons
They charge the most essential aspect of it which is the ability to use multi-currency. You would expect this to be free upon purchase of the system as after all it is an accounting system