Findmyshift Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

Reviews by rating

Great to customise and change view, good functionality and easy to schedule. Great that it allows people to book shifts.
I have a team of 60 people and the functions of find my shift are perfect for my needs. It is reliable and the customer support is great.
Ease of use for managers and staff, simple, quick, accurate enough to save money with processing wages, works with integrated time clock, excellent reporting and communications.
What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error.
The payment method is quite awkward, compared to just being able to set up recurring billing.
It can be hard to navigate on your mobile phone.

JM

John M.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Good value and eliminates mistakes!

Saves a huge amount of time (of which I have little), and is fairly priced unlike a lot of these types of software!

Pros

Easy to setup, intuitive, much cleaner and simpler than the paper timesheets we had before - and can compared scheduled vs actual clocked hours with ease to keep an eye on what's happening when you can't be there!

Cons

Sometimes clocking in and out a bit glitchy, sometimes will log itself out on our tablet - and more integrations with Xero to help automate payroll would be perfect

Thanks for the review, John!

LB

Lorraine B.

Furniture, 51-200 employees

Excellent rota system for my staff

I have never used such an easy system and I will continue to use it for my staff. The App is useful to but the desktop option is much easier to use.

Pros

It is very clear with many functions and my staff find it easy to use. The layout is very clear and the colours are also very useful.

Cons

The display order of the staff listed on the rota seems to be different for each staff member. I would like to set it so we all see the same rota layout.

Thanks for the review Lorraine! Glad to hear you're enjoying the site. Regarding the display order - while this can be set globally through "Setting" > "Display", your staff can still override this via their "Options" menu on the rota. If they do want to use the global setting they just need to select the "Default" sort under "Options". I hope this helps!

KF

Kim F.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Love Findmyshift!!!

Findmyshift has been great right from the start of a long free trial period. This gave us the opportunity to really test the product. Customer service even during free trial was prompt. All the training videos and faq made the learning process easy. Since then, everything has run very smoothly. We don't use all of the features but the ones we do make a big difference.

Pros

The scheduling and payroll report have been game changers! Prior to findmyshift I used to have to collect availabilities via email or text, enter it into a spreadsheet and build a schedule from there. Findmyshift has streamlined that process. The payroll report makes it easy for HR to do payroll biweekly.

Cons

I don't really have any cons to list. Features to consider may be timesheet directly on the mobile app and some sort of tool for staff to communicate with each other on the app?

Mark C.

Great, Easy to Use Rota Software

excellent!

Pros

It just fitted in with our team and the way we work!

Cons

until we realised the "make changes before publishing" it was a bit tough ...

Thanks for the review, Mark!

KT

Kathryn T.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Great rota software

I have used the customer support chat quite often, and the team are extreme helpful and quick to respond. We intend to use this software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The ease of adding in shifts and people, the fact that the admin can accept and confirm bookings. The option to add additional roles. The everyone can log in from home to see the rota, and that there is a message board function.

Cons

It is not very transferable between different devices, I often get complaints from the members who use the service with us that the layout is not understandable when read off of a iphone or ipad. The reports function is useful, however I do find it hard to navigate and understand.

Thanks for the review Kathryn!

Finlay I.

Have been using this software for three rosters for about 5 years

we manage rosters over 3 sits (soon to be 4). However the cost of paying for multiple rosters that do not link to our paysystem is becoming prohibitive and we are actively looking for an integrated payroll / roster / timeclock package.

Pros

easily accessible for staff, good visuals and easy to use. Some staff are abler to link to the phone calendars which is helpful

Cons

The phone app is not great for me so always use desktop version on my phone, which can be problematic. there should be a setting that forces automatic refresh as sometimes staff will be looking at a roster and not realise it has changed.

Thanks for the review Finlay! Please get in touch with our support team so we can help find a solution for you to integrate your payroll with Findmyshift.

KF

Kadie F.

Would Never Consider Using Another Scheduling Tool

Pros

Our service group uses Findmyshift for scheduling multiple engineers - changes are constantly made throughout the day and by different individuals logged in at all times. The ability to make changes with instant updates and allow everyone to access via phones and web as well as advance scheduling is extremely beneficial - I would never want to be WITHOUT Findmyshift!

Cons

We would like the ability to select multiple resources, type one thing, and have it populate to all cells, but that is more of a recommended preference than an issue with the program.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Kadie! We're glad to hear you're finding our software beneficial and we'll keep your suggestion in mind.

RK

Rebecca K.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Happy using Findmyshift

Really happy - easy to use. We have Full time part time casual and contractors. Very functional for us.

Pros

Web based - and easy for staff to log in

Cons

Adding exceptions to pay rates, take's me a while.

Thanks for the review, Rebecca!

JC

Janet C.

We have 7 locations and 25 employees. This software allowes us to track who is working where.

Pros

I like that the employees can have this app on their phone and check their own schedule. Our company is an assisted living facility and we can put out one email and it goes to all 25 employees when we need a shift filled. We used to have to call everyone to get the shift filled.

Cons

I would like to change the employees credentials from the employee page that lists all employees. Right now we have to go into their own file on the site. But it does allow us to track who had a flu shot, T-B test etc....

Thanks for the review Janet! I've noted your feedback about editing staff credentials from the list page - hopefully we can include that in a future version.

EK

Edwin K.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

I schedule for 2 different companies and www.findmyshift.com is far more value for your money.

Timesaving, Flexible, Employee tracking.

Pros

I like just about everything about findmyshift.com. I have been using it for several years now and have found nothing that compares for the price. I find it to be easy to use, functional, flexible, feature packed and also like the mobility of it.

Cons

It would be nice to see biometrics built into the database for automatic time clocking... as an option it would be nice to have the feature to have a daily sign in sheet that can be used online by supervisors to check their staff in easily.

Thanks for the review Edwin! We're pleased to hear our software is meeting your business needs. We'll keep your suggestions in mind for future updates.

Mike C.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Happy User

Had nothing but the best experience , staff is very knowledgeable and helpful . Always supportive when I first started using this software to get me up and running .

Pros

Easy to use software at the touch of a button , can change and view shifts no matter where I am at . Gives comfort knowing i have all shifts covered .

Cons

I feel as though nothing is missing or needing to be added , for what I use everything is perfect and would not change a thing.

Thanks for the review, Mike!

CI

Carla I.

Couldn't Work Without It

Extremely positive, I have implemented it now in 3 businesses I have set up.

Pros

The initial set up isn't challenging at all, I love the way I can communicate with all the staff within minutes, we work on a clock in and out operation so recording staff hours is critical for the monthly wage run and the report on hours gives me all the information I need in a couple of simple clicks.

Cons

I personally don't find anything negative but if I had to find any criticism it would be that when your writing a long message when sending out a communication the text can sometimes be slow to type and catch up.

Thanks for the review, Carla!

SA

SUSAN A.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 employees

Really easy and straight forward system - takes the headache out of rota writing!

Speed and efficiency of rota writing. Fast accessibility for all staff.

Pros

Ease of use and ease of ability to add new staff as we have a fluctuating staff base. Staff find it so easy to use too so it makes the whole process smooth and efficient.

Cons

I can't seem to re-use names easily so find I have to adjust names on the rota - effectively making up a name :)

Thanks for the review Susan! It's not possible to have two people with the same name on the rota, so when you add your staff make sure you add a last name. If you don't want last names to show on the rota you can change the way this is displayed via Settings > Display. You can also hide last names from other staff via Settings > Privacy. I hope this helps!

TB

Tamara B.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Find my shift review

Using it to do rosters

Pros

I love how easy this program is to use, it is cost effective for the business. The team love how simply it is to read and that they get notifications of changes so everyone is aware of this. The team love that its colourful and each person knows what roles they have been assigned before getting to work.

Cons

Nothing I think it's great, keep the great work up.

Thanks for the review, Tamara!

AV

Adeline V.

Restaurants, 1-10 employees

It's functional, everyone uses the software easily, and it's by far the best option that we've used so far.

Pros

It's really straightforward to use, the login clock is ideal for our scenario where we might ask people to stay on past their shift time if it is busy.

Cons

We have a lot of young employees who are only legally allowed to work 4hr shifts at a time, so we have a considerable number of employees, although it's actually only the equivalent of 2 full timers and 1 part timer. It makes the software quite a lot more expensive as we pay for each member of staff. I wish there was an offer for small businesses that allowed us to pay for hours shifted per week, rather than by employee.

Thanks for the review Adeline! With Findmyshift you don't pay any extra for additional employees, it's just #22 per team - everything included.

Melissa C.

Performing Arts, 11-50 employees

Using Find My Shift for arts venue

Using FMS has definitely made the rota more accurate and has saved a great deal of admin time.

Pros

It's very useful to have a rota that is always up to date - we moved to FMS having previously done the rota with Excel sheets, which led to issues with staff consulting old rotas. The email alerts are very useful, it saves a lot of time being able to notify staff of shift changes without having to manually email everyone.

Cons

The system isn't exactly set up for the way that we rota staff (members of staff indicate their availability for events , and we then choose staff for each shift out of those available). There isn't an entirely straightforward way of doing this on FMS - i have come up with a workaround using the Time Off feature.

Thanks for the review, Melissa!

HC

Howard C.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Good, reasonably priced software for totas

Pros

An easy and intuitive product that anybody can use. A huge upgrade on our previous paper based system. Very easy to set up with a host of useful reports to help to inform about hours worked, costs, scheduling and so on. The downloadable app means every staff member has access to their rota at all times and can also request days off and holidays

Cons

There' s not a lot to dislike about the app. It's reasonably and fairly priced and whilst there is a wide range of reports, some are a bit clunky or can't quite be filtered in the way you might want them

Thanks for the review, Howard!

JT

Joe T.

Easy To Use

Pros

I like how easy it is to use for both workers and managers, no matter if you're in the office or working from home.

Cons

Some faults when using on versions of Google Chrome, Better holiday functionality for half days and not including days not worked in calculations.

Thanks for the 5-star rating, Joe! If you're experiencing any issues with the software on Chrome, please don't hesitate to email us anytime at help@findmyshift.com. Time off entries for holidays can be entered as half days by entering 0.5 (if you're using days as holiday allowance unit) or 4 (if you're using hours as holiday allowance unit) on the "Allowance used" field on your time off entry. On the same note, if you wish to exclude days not worked from your time off calculations, you can enter "0" on the "Allowance used" field. This way, the day will still marked as a holiday but time off allowance will not be deducted.

es

ellie s.

EXCELLENT PRODUCT

good - it would be great to integrate with other systems - not sure this is possible

Pros

I have used this easy product since the early days of my business which is now 13 years old - I see no reason to change as its brilliant. My least techo member of the team can use it easily too.

Cons

The mobile view could be easier to use, the detail needs to shrink more to be more legible

Thanks for the review, Ellie! To shrink the detail on the mobile site, click on "Settings" (under the main menu) and use the "Font size" slider. I hope this helps!

kj

karen j.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

online rosters

we where using a paper format that could only be seen in store , find my shift makes it possible for rosters to been seen 24 hours and to notify staff of any changes as they happen

Pros

staff can access their rosters online through computer or smartphone app . They are made aware of roster changes and updates through an automatically generated email , but you can chose to send if needed all staff can see who is rostered on , so if they need someone to cover a shift they can see who is not rostered on .

Cons

I have not come across any major issues , is can sometimes be a bit slow to save changes

Thanks for the review Karen!

vm

victoria m.

Such a valuable tool for staff scheduling!

Pros

The most valuable part of the software is that staff can see their hours after the business closes. Previously they would have been messaging around each other to see what time they started for the next day but now with a simple click on the site they can easily find out. All staff use the software in our store- its easy to use and saves so much time. The software isn't perfect but it is a vast improvement on our previous system.

Cons

The only downside is how slow it works on ipads. It tends to freeze more often and is less user friendly as a result.

Hi Victoria! Thank you for your feedback regarding iPads. We are looking into improving this so it can be as user friendly as on a computer. If you have any other suggestions or questions, please let us know, we are happy to help!

CH

Chloe H.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, haven't found an alternative that is of the same level

This is very user friendly and I like how it is easy to use and manage.

Pros

It is very easy to use and easy to read. It is very customisable which is ideal. I also like how the employee information is readily available when we need to call to fill a shift.

Cons

Some of the reports could be more excel friendly such as the timesheets report. The current report is difficult to import into other payroll systems.

Thanks for the review, Chloe! If you get in touch with our support team they may be able to recommend a different format for your payroll export.

PW

Peter W.

Most useful staff management website!!!

Pros

We use this site every day and could not fault its uses and the staff who are on hand to help whenever we need it. It covers our every need from simple staff management to reports on just about every bit of information we need to know regarding time off/hours works/budgets etc... The customization is perfect for the user to control how much information everyone linked to our company can view.

Cons

There are some alignment issues with the overview page when selecting more than 2 weeks which can cause problems with reading the correct table for certain staff members.

Thanks for the review Peter!

aK

andrea K.

Find my Shift

Good. Would like to be able to have a sign in for timesheets, that coincide with the roster, so i have an electronic document of it all.

Pros

Can log in from anywhere to check and like wise for staff

Cons

When a staff member finishes and you put a final date in, or you remove that staff member, it removes them from all history. Would be useful to keep on, from that point back, so you could look back on shifts and see where that staff member was allocated.

Thanks for the review Andrea! FYI, when you enter a finish date for a staff member all of their history remains intact, and remains available for historical reporting. If you're not seeing the staff member in your reports you should get in touch with our support team as there may be a filter or setting that is excluding them. We're here 8am-8pm UK time, so please feel free get in touch!

DS

Debs S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

All good, fulfils our requirements well

We have a rota system that is easy to use and accessible to all staff

Pros

Ease of use and flexibility, ability to re-schedule the timings of shifts and send a quick email to notify staff quickly.

Cons

We now have quite a lot of staff and some work in two different departments, it would be handy to be able to pick the staff members you want to see and put them on one screen as some are down the bottom of the list and off the page, there is a lot of scrolling up and down to make sure all the shifts are adequately covered.

Thanks for the review Debs! Try using the filters to split the view by department - it should help!