Tanda Reviews

Workforce management, Employee Scheduling & more

Tanda

Review Summary

Andrew C.

Significant savings in processing time, reports functionality, updating awards is automatic for most awards.

Kathy S.

Richard C.

Cons

Lack of editing (deleting) of time clocks is a bother as when first starting it was hard to understand, now we have many not being used and it's just not tidy, this could be something to look at.

Connor R.

Processing the time sheets is a little confusing, especially if employee has taken the day off. Also when you add in annual leave - it keeps the employee's shift.

Marni B.

Have issues with multiple clocking in and out on the same day. My employees work in different houses during the day, and it can become a bit of a mess with the clock ins and outs.

Daniel K.

4.6

A good starting point

Tanda has been a vast improvement for our business and has sped up our payroll processes, created better accountability and viasability. I am excited to see the platform improve.

Pros

The Awards team assisting me build the award rules the notifications for expired qualifications

Cons

The reports function is not customisable. I don't have any use for the reports Tanda has but I do export the data in the system and build my own reports. I would like a leave liability by team or business area report. A longest hours worked report. I have been promise GPS time punches for a while now and am yet to see any progress made, this is an imperative function for my business. i would like the ability to edit the award interpretation before exporting. Currently i export to excel as our Payroll provider is not integrated. So i can manually change what i need to, but then Tanda is different to what was actually paid. I would like the ability to edit in in Tanda so that everything is current, correct and aligned.

Buyer beware

I found the Tanda sales and accounts staff to be too focused on billing and locking customers in to annual contracts than delivering value. You get the felling the sales staff are high fiving each other when they hook up another sucker. If there is an issue eg not delivering what you thought you were getting... you just get handed over from one rep to the next. No one takes accountability. Most company's during covid shutdown offered support to the hospitality industry in some way... like crediting fees during a shutdown. Not Tanda! I tried to cancel my subscription several times prematurely but they did not let me go and then billed my credit card for another 12months without giving me any chance to leave. Overall, the worst customer experience I have ever had with a tech company.

Pros

The set up and integrations with myob / xero were good.

Cons

I wsa led to believe by their sales guys that the intergatons would be No integration with my pos so couldnt view live labour cost percentages by location. The mobile app had very limited use also.

Slow to update

Customer support has been good and for what we pay, I cannot complain

Pros

I like the ease of having staff sign in with a code and being able to track time and use for payroll. Also like a place to keep staff files electronically with the warning on expiries.

Cons

It often doesn't update staff sign in on the day. Sometimes yes, sometimes its not until the next day that it shows a staff signing in or out or at all for either. Its very slow to update. It was set on a two week pay period as I was told I have to pay for more the option of bi-monthly and I saw no value in this for one feature. I now have it without the pay increase after almost 2 years.

Well worth the money spent

We have saved a lot of time and money and now work with a much higher level of accuracy in payroll.

Pros

This software is easy to use reliable and does everything you need.

Cons

There really isn’t much but I wish it was easier to integrate multi sites

Paid for itself in the first week.

I’d throughly recommend TANDA to anyone. Having staff log in via a tablet, or via a GPS enabled remote app, means that I’m only paying for the hours staff are working, not from the time they wrote on a timesheet to cover up the early finish or late start. Rostering has gone from a 4 hour manual process to a 4 minute process using templates. The staff have embraced it and is now as much a part of our business as pay day.

Pros

Having been an employee in a business that used TANDA, adopting when I took a managers role inaother company was a no brainer. Having used it from both sides of the fence, its very simple for even the least tech savvy Neanderthal to use. From an employers point of view, rostering, managing leave, payroll, and now the simple method for onboarding new staff, makes this a key part of our business.

Cons

The upgrade from the previous version top the current version made this a much more flexible system, however some features were lost, such as having cost break downs and percentages at the top of the page when doing rosters.

Innovative, effective with great support

This is efficient, innovative, time saving software. Keeps staff on time and accountable. Very user friendly. The team at TANDA are very responsive, helpful and always listen to the customer. I have been very impressed with it and the company who own and run it. I have recommended it over and over and no-one I know has been disappointed.

Pros

Tanda makes managing staff very simple, excellent graphs to indicate rostering, easy to enter leave, directly imports into MYOB for payroll. Constantly being updated by the enthusiastic staff to keep up to date with requirements in the workforce.

Cons

No cons really, would like a better way to indicate when staff take leave and they have no entitlements.

Tanda Review

It has been positive overall.

Pros

The systems and processes are continuously improving. They are forever evolving and each business has different idiosyncratic problems and needs. So to see ongoing improvement with problems is great to see.

Cons

Some of the reporting and the ability to look at reports in different views. The reports are one dimensional rather than being multi-dimensional. This is not to say that these reports are terrible or don't provide insights. Some of them are very good and provide excellent insights.

Great Value For Maoney

Pros

TANDA has tons of great features and support is fantastic. Several of the features I'd requested were implemented quickly which shows the effort going into continual improvement

Cons

the reporting is limited to what comes in the box. It would be good to be able to export our data to use in a BI tool like Tableau

Excellent Software and Service

Pros

Tanda is intuitive to use and is front and center in the management of our business. Any time we have questions they are handled promptly and fully. I cannot recommend Tanda highly enough,

Cons

I can think of nothing which is lacking.

Tanda review

Pros

It’s very easy and straight forward to use.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a while for issues to be fixed.

Outstanding Control and HUGE timesaving - Now a key part of our business

Overall Tanda provides enterprise level employee information control with minimal cost. The improvements in staff timekeeping, reduction in wage costs and the improved accuracy of our payroll and HR records have been superb. In our instance its less than 0.3% of our monthly payroll cost to run Tanda. You really have to do this.

Pros

Ease of implementation - so simple. We had 5 locations setup in a day. Adding staff to the system was simple and straightforward Cost of hardware is miniscule and doesn't require specialist contractors. Anyone handy with an ipad or similar tablet, (old or new) can setup in minutes. Degree of customisation is superb Ease of use - very intuitive - no long winded training needed Suitable for office...

Cons

Nothing, Tanda have taken onboard feedback provided and made some changes/ added features we provided. Theyre working through a few minor tweaks, but as a service its continuing to grow.

my Experience in a few words - sanity saving & so returning control back to the the employer

Sanity

Pros

Ease of use. Worked times are self-calculating with the flexibility of different breaks included. Allowing more accurate attendance tracking of our employees. Links to Award conditions. Allows for automatic Public Holiday & other leave planning. Allows interrogation of rosters and attendance data to plan finite resources and show the costs associated with proposed rosters. Allows set-up of...

Cons

The two control buttons (Clock-in and Clock-out buttons) - even seasoned and reliable employees managed to clock-in (twice) when they were supposed to clock-out. A minor headache, but a redesign would improve the total reliability i.e. if the buttons were further apart or only one showing.

All good

Pros

Timekeeping, Award calculations, Onboarding, Interaction with Payroll

Cons

Late notifications by SMS are inconsistent. Cannot publish a roster without finishing times. Dashboard Weekly Planner cannot show wages costs with On Costs. Onboarding of any Super Fund is not possible

Tanda Review

better records of absentee, sick leave, annual leave and time keeping

Pros

simple to use once you have set up the staff into the system with hourly rates, the roster can be created well in advance with ease of changes when required, the weekly reports transfer to Excel easily which helps payroll on either a daily or weekly or monthly basis, we use the system for all three variants of Pay cycles with no issues

Cons

only one thin I personally don't like is the auto approve function, this function doesn't allow for any small amounts of overtime ie if the roster was set up with the start and finish time and the employee was to stay back for a short period say 10 minutes to complete a task the auto approve automatically converts the time Back to the Planned working hours within the roster resulting in the employee missing out on the 10 minutes pay unless I double check all clock outs

Tanda Software

Roster can be duplicated between weeks which is excellent as my staff have set rosters. Timesheets can be updated and approved daily, which creates more efficient payroll processing at the end of the pay fortnight.

Pros

Ease of use, functionality, rostering system, helpfulness of Tanda staff during initial enquiry.

Cons

Can be occasional glitches when software is being updated but these have been resolved when we have contacted Tanda support

Tanda does the job

Staff breaks are a give with TANDA, we don't have to enforce breaks. Time-sheets are accurate and in live time. TANDA has eliminated the need to data entry payroll, it is more accurate, on-boarding is easier. Fine tuning leave and local rule sets can be tricky but workable in the framework once you understand the limitations of TANDA. Overall we have found TANDA to be a great product.

Pros

Tanda is a user friendly service that works, gets the data in live time and provides accurate and timely feedback on costings and reporting of your payroll costings. We can set it up to push live data through to the cost centres we choose saving time and money for management reporting.

Cons

Leave approvals are open ended, managers and supervisors can approve any amount of leave, regardless of staff entitlements.

How TANDA works for us

Any problems are dealt with quickly and efficiently by support staff. You are asked for any ideas that may help you within your business. The ideas are integrated into the system if the demand is there this makes me feel that TANDA listen to their clients are are constantly looking at ways to improve and develop their system.

Pros

The software is easy for both employees and administrators to use

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about this software but it would be useful for the administrators to see when there are updates on their screen so they can update the tablet rather than the update just showing on the tablet as this can sometimes effect the data they are seeing.

TANDA review

Overall Experience excellent with very good Award Interpretation assisting with automating Hospitality Award compliance and payroll.

Pros

Intuitive Setup... took a little time but easy to follow. Worked immediately and easy transition for staff from old system. Staff like TANDA. Good Award interpretation and integration with payroll. Good telephone support on the few occasions we needed assistance while setting up.

Cons

nothing to dislike....

Tanda provides a level of assurance

Tanda provides a great platform to be able to streamline rostering, payroll and employee onboarding. This ensures we minimise payroll errors, it provides visibility for employees and ensures we are compliant with employment laws around Award Interpretation.

Pros

Tanda provides peace of mind that employees are being paid correctly through Award Interpretation. The new on-boarding functionality streamlines the paperwork around employee new staff saving valuable time.

Cons

There is room for improvement in the area of different levels of access to line managers to not be able to see rates above them and only below.

Great tool to manage roster and payroll

- Saved a lot of money in payroll - Saved a lot of time from my managers and payroll oficer - Simplified payroll process - Updated our time sheet procedures to a more effective system

Pros

- User friendly - Very easy to manage schedules - Live feed of who is at work and who is not - Cuts down time frame to process payroll by less than half - Allows you to easy monitor overtime - Easily integrates with many payroll sotfwares - No costly time clock needed. An used tablet will do just fine - Allows your managers to evaluate and approve time sheets

Cons

Web app is too heavy. Computer lags when using. I believe a mobile app would be better. I know they are working on it, and I hope it is live soon

Tanda is user friendly for both management and staff

Tanda has streamlined the process of rostering staff from different departments. It also ensures that all team member receive their roster promptly both via SMS and email.

Pros

Tanda allows me to budget and tweak roster to ensure that I maximize the staff while minimizing wages. Staff can place their Uni timetable or N/A into Tanda well in advance which has reduced swapping of shifts or no shows of staff. It is great that it is continually evolving and improving.

Cons

That I cannot see multiple future staff NA for same day until I am making that roster

Easy, quick

Pros

When using the software, it is handy because it all links up with the other departments and I am able to easily access all information that I need.

Cons

I am unable to 'black' out certain time periods for staff so they can't add unavailability (I saw that it was on its way though), also when the roster has been published the staff are still able to change their unavailability.

Tanda is the best. Forget the rest.

It’s been a fantastic experience and I love the Tanda is growing, improving and getting better each month. I thought it was cool 10 months ago. And now it’s even cooler. The company is always looking at ways they can be the best!

Pros

It’s efficiency on time and practicality. Its a quick software to learn too!

Cons

When my team clocks on and off it sometimes won’t clock them off correctly. For example, clocking off but saying they are still clocked on? Could be my workers however not pressing correct buttons and not software?? But it seems to be re-occurring issue for my team.

Great product, even better price

Tanda has been very responsive. Customer service has been top notch. Really easy to get ahold of someone when needed. Product works great. If there is something you don't like there is a good chance they will change it. They listen to their customers.

Pros

Picture integration, employee access to request days off. Can't beat the price.

Cons

Pay periods. The currently only have e a bi-weekly and monthly set ups. If you pay semimonthly like myself you had to do some workarounds to generate reports to an Excel sheet rather than to the interface. Made it to where I couldn't use a lot if the fuclnctions of the software. Hopefully they fix this soon.

Amazing business Software

Amazing

Pros

It makes my payroll so much more easier giving me more time for the more important things in the business & personal life

Cons

Hopefully they will be able to add a staff chat button so staff can talk to each other to swap shifts