Zoom Workplace Logo

Zoom is an all-in-one collaboration platform

Zoom Workplace Reviews - Page 3

13,866 reviews

CK

Cielo Kaye C.

Executive Office, 51-200 employees

Breakthrough product during the pandemic

It's good and useful, but it needs a lot of improvement on its virtual background feature, as well as internet speed requirements.

Pros

Zoom Meetings had been very essential to our company, and to the rest of our family, especially when COVID started. It made work from home and online classes possible and easier. I love that there's a free version of the app, and that you can opt to change the background of your video during meetings/calls. I love that it allows you to share your screen (and choose just what programs you'd like to share) and/or audio. The annotation and whiteboard features are also a nice touch. It made communication, meetings, classes, webinars, etc. more efficient and effective. Also, during meetings, the host has an option to admit participants, mute/unmute them, enable/disable chats, annotations, and screen sharing, so that's a plus.

Cons

Virtual backgrounds are not compatible, or it doesn't work seamlessly with most laptops or desktops. For most smartphones and tablets, that feature is not even available. I hope the developers will improve that feature in the future. Also, unlike other apps, Zoom needs a highlighter internet speed and bandwidth.

AG

Alfonso G.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Ever-evolving collaboration

definitely in my company using collaboration tools ..however, this is one of the ones we like the most however we know that it is evolving at a very fast level and also leading in the market

Pros

one of the most important features is the ease of use and connection, which through intuitive buttons allow you to do basic activities to manage a video conference.

Cons

the software consumes a lot of computational resources I think they should work in the laboratories to find more efficient connection protocols consume fewer resources.

II

Irene I.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Zoom meetings will continue even after COVID

Zoom meetings have changed the way we do business. And will continue to do business. I don't think we will ever go back to in person meetings in the future, we may do a hybrid of IN person and Zoom, but the majority of our attendees want to stay with Zoom for ever.

Pros

With the start of COVID, our business was forced to cancel all in person meetings. We now use Zoom for all our committee meetings, 5 per month, and Board of Directors meetings, once a month. It has been a game changer for us. no more , " I got stuck at the office or in traffic and could not make the meeting" no more rushing around to get to the meeting location on time,. No more delayed meeting start...

Cons

it would be nice to have a feature that "forces" the participant to enter more information than just a name. We get people putting in slang names and then we have a hard time identifying them. If there was a feature to turn on for "address" it would help us tremendously. We currently have to look up each user in the waiting room in our database to verify they can have access to the meeting.

JW

Jenny W.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The Industry Standard

I think Zoom is being so standardized that many other organizations don't consider alternatives at this point. I still prefer other webinar hosting platforms to Zoom, but Zoom meetings gets the job done. It is user friendly enough that even those unfamiliar with video conferencing software can still understand how to enter/exit the meeting room.

Pros

Zoom is being the industry standard and reaching almost every vertical now that remote work skyrocketed. I like that zoom allows you to change your background easily, pass presenter controls, and hold waiting rooms for others to enter the room.

Cons

The zoom toolbar can very easily get in the way of presenting which can be quite frustrating. I also wish there was a feature to let us know who was paying attention/idol on the meeting.

Parth P.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Remote Work Meeting App : Zoom Meetings

Zoom can be utilized for quite some time to meet from various areas as long as the members have a web association, camera and mouthpiece. During the time where the pandemic held us back from meeting face to face, we utilized Zoom as the option of decision to perform virtual gatherings permitting everybody to in any case meet up and basically see each other at the same time on the PC screen. Tragically, Zoom can't be utilized to perform instrument practices since there would be input from the different members.

Pros

It's an extraordinary method for interfacing all over the planet with insignificant transmission capacity utilization. Meeting our friends and trading thoughts is made conceivable using top notch video and sound calls. Outstanding sound and video quality; we are recording gatherings and moving them to other capacity. Contrasted with other applications, it has more highlights and considers effective record sharing inside the chatbox.

Cons

You really want an application to settle on the decisions and gatherings, yet it would be awesome assuming that it had an online choice. Once in a while when web speed drops, the sound quality likewise drops; I would comprehend the video quality dropping, however the sound doesn't devour a lot of transmission capacity, so it would be great to have a predictable sound even on low web speeds. Element to take into account in excess of a solitary assigned speaker camera zoom window.

EL

Eddie L.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Zoom is the best product and de facto standard in this era

Zoom has been the only platform that is reliable and outstanding, and I have tried all of them.

Pros

Every other conferencing software in history has always had issues with people accessing, sound, video, reliability, freezing up. Zoom is the most reliable solution and it is no surprise it has become the industry standard.

Cons

I do not like having to pay for additional time, but I suppose that comes with the quality. I eventually upgraded beyond the free tier because it was both reasonable and necessary.

SS

Steven S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Director Information Technology

Saved us when everyone began working from home during COVID. Zoom has changed our business and it will continue to be used for the majority of meetings. We have since begun using Zoom Phone which is extremely simple to set up and simple works. It's only been about a year with using Zoom Phone but we have not had any issues.

Pros

My colleagues did not require much training to use Zoom Meeting or to transition to Zoom Phone because they were already familiar with the Zoom interface. Amazing quick and simple to set up for an entire company. The administration is very intuitive and rare that i need to contact support. Support has been great.

Cons

Support is offshore. This is typically not an issue but sometimes there is a language barrier.

CJ

Christopher J.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Zoom is a must use for counselors and therapists

I love Zoom. It is the best program out there for the money. The quality issues are what they area, but the quality is improving monthly. Even Zoom could not have anticipated the demand triggered by COVID.

Pros

Zooms breakout rooms, resolution selection, and video filters are outstanding. The video quality can go up to 1080p and allows you to confirm that you desire widescreen versus standard. Additionally, it has an outstanding blurred background feature, which reduces the annoying filtering issue of virtual backgrounds that can confuse a part of your face with the background and having you speaking with only half a face.

Cons

Zoom really needs noise control. I have professional light and my camera on a low ISO, but Zoom still is noisy. Also, if I attempt to use Zoom at certain times a day, although I have a professional, paid account, it will default to 720p, which is annoying considering the expense I have go through to utilize a professional camera, HD capture card, and professional audio. Also, the audio function can be distorted during peak usage times.

KM

Keith M.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Using Pandemic Innovations to Create Longterm Solutions

Zoom Meetings was our answer to the reduced in-person contact from COVID-19. Many of the changes we made to survive the pandemic involved using strategies that were designed for other functions, with the hope that they would be adequate enough to fulfill our short term needs before we could return to business as usual. Zoom Meetings did not fit into this category. It provided us with the ability to...

Pros

Zoom Meetings has allowed us to hold weekly and "on-demand" staff meetings with the employees spread out across multiple locations in a way that recreates the atmosphere of the staff meetings pre-pandemic. Unlike some of the solutions we used during COVID-19, staff meetings through Zoom Meetings became a permanent addition to our business schedule. While it is unlikely we ever would have switched from...

Cons

The limitations on the number of administrators that can host a meeting without increasing the pricing is an inconvenience. Because we use Zoom Meetings for site-wide meetings as well as department-specific meetings, the requirement that only one user can act as the initial host forces our director to start all meetings. He can then transfer the host role to the employee presiding over the meeting, but the need to have him set up and initiate every meeting can be frustrating. We have no issues with being limited to only hosting one meeting at any given time, but we would like to be able to set the meeting host prior to the start of it.

BB

Benetta B.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

ZOOM my Preferred Meeting Application

ZOOM is an every day part of my life. ZOOM is used at my workplace and in my personal life and in my spiritual life.

Pros

ZOOM is easy to use. It is easy to join. It is great to see and hear, as long as everyone is on a strong network system. ZOOM is easy to setup. ZOOM video toggle is easy to use and a much needed function. The chat feature is very good.

Cons

You have to look to hard to find the sharable zoom full information. It is not located in an obvious place on the screen. I do not like the chat box to pop up on my screen every time someone enters information into the chat.

EH

Emma H.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Great enough that numerous small issues don't detract from the overall usefulness

I've used Zoom meetings for work all day since January of 2019. We used to use them when we were in the office and they became much more important for remote of course with the pandemic, but we always had a few remote employees and have utilized Zoom for a long time. I primarily use the meeting feature. I set up my own meetings and join other people's meetings.

Pros

I use the meeting feature of Zoom (not webinar often) all the time. It's really easy to set up meetings. I rely almost entirely on the Google Calendar integration. I'm never setting up meetings directly in Zoom. I do join meetings from the Zoom app and prefer that experience to doing so from Google calendar. All the basic functionality that I need to work for Zoom almost always works great - audio,...

Cons

One setback for me is Zoom settings. I've seen so many coworkers swear they've followed the same instructions but people joining their meetings within the company still get sent to a waiting room or no one can join the meeting until they show up (even if they weren't in another Zoom meeting.) One issue with screen sharing is that it makes my computer work really slowly sometimes, at times to the point where I can't use it. This happens sometimes on other Zoom meetings without sharing, but not as frequently. I wish I could stay logged in to Zoom on multiple devices but I am often getting logged out. I also wish a Zoom meeting you created could start without you there while you're in another meeting you created. This comes up frequently.

JT

Jake T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Zoom Saved Our Business Communication Process

Zoom continues to be a very strong asset to our business development. As we get into Webinars it would be nice to one day imagine such a feature being enrolled into our Pro Plan, even if we have to pay a little more. Other than that I greatly look forward to future features and developments with the Zoom platform.

Pros

Although forced by COVID, Zoom has really helped our business stay in touch with clients and grow our exposure by enabling remote meetings and consultations. Even after in-person meetings were eligible, we continued and continue to use Zoom to our advantage. Less time driving and more time with productivity. Thus making more time for our families and personal lives. It seems like we work less and perform more efficiency.

Cons

Having the Webinar feature included would be a nice upgrade. Even if it's a limited amount of attendees. Paying a high dollar per month to add-on is a bit of a bummer. There are more efficient and cost effective webinar tools out there. Would just be nice to have all in one place.

E-Learning, self-employed

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom!

I have used zoom to attend webinars and participate in online meetings as well as large conferences. I have also run workshops and webinars as trainer and co-hosted webinars and online conferences. Overall the experience is pleasant and the controls are very useful.

Pros

A simple fact is that everybody knows Zoom, ever since the pandemic made video calls a main stay for any knowledge work type of activity. If you are hosting a webinar or an online conference this means most of your attendees will already know the basics of how it works. The main features are simple to operate, and Zoom gives the host many more options to "control the room". Zoom seems to be conscious of saving your data, which means it often works better than other tools especially on flaky or low speed connections.

Cons

As a host there are many options, but these are often not very intuitive to operate. Zoom's well known privacy blunders at the onset of the pandemic don't instill trust in the security of the tool (to be fair, they do say they have largely fixed those issues).

Entertainment, 5,001-10,000 employees

Zoom: The modern golden standard

We have migrated to an enterprise meeting platform that can accommodate both audio, video and screen sharing. Encryption was important and this has that functionality. The feedback received was overwhelmingly positive, compared to our previous conference platform.

Pros

Integration was straightforward. This software allows us to meet with internal and external stakeholders easily, share screens and allow separate meeting rooms for breakout groups. It fits most use cases an organization or individual would need.

Cons

Sometimes if multiple audio devices (ie. sound cards, speakers, microphones, etc.) are used, it can cause a "no audio input" scenario which requires manual changes. Password are long to type in and dialing into a call on the phone is a bit tedious. Screen sharing options can confuse less tech savvy users.

Stasha K.

E-Learning, self-employed

Good but there is still space for improvements

Zoom Meetings are a good option for online courses and coaching. As a host is good for you to have some training to put everything right. There are many explanations and useful videos for the host and also attendees. I wish there was a special interface for the technical support, with a custom view and commands, that would be a game-changer.

Pros

I like the availabilities. The software is designed so that it can be accessed from any platform and even without installation. Here we come to the flaws that I will mention later. It has a good option for recording video content on the cloud, and it seems to be reliable and secure. Also, I like that there is a waiting room, maybe it wouldn't be bad if there was a branding option on the Pro plan. Chat is a must-have and has everything that is most useful for exchanging short messages.

Cons

There is always some problem with the mobile application during use, mostly with the sound. It often happens that the user does not hear the host. The issue is always on the user side, but still, I believe that some automation could change that the user has no inconvenience. E.g. that the Zoom application, through some authorization, automatically prepares the device for uninterrupted access to the...

JG

Jimena G.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Zoom Meeting's review

The implementation of this software has allowed us to reach the international contact service by creating a safe platform to interact with our clients directly. One of the most outstanding advantages of using Zoom Meetings at work is the high quality experience that we create to our costumers by using the variety of tools provided by the software such as Applications, Remote Control and more. We are not hosts only if not problem solving people.

Pros

To begin, some of the features that are impactful for my job are the Screen Sharing, Screen Recording and the set of applicantions recently included. Furthermore, I consider the app is not so difficult to use. Actually, I got used to Zoom meetings easily , so did most of my colleagues . I truly believe that the implementation of this tool in my job has helped us to create a direct connection with our costumers.

Cons

Talking about the subject, I consider that the duration of the free meeting version for more than two participants is too short since it lasts only 40 minutes. It should last at least 50 minutes.

MA

Mohammed A.

Banking, 5,001-10,000 employees

The best virtual meeting room ever

Zoom contributed to solving the problem of scheduling meetings at times that suit everyone, as with Zoom, we can meet at the time we want, as we no longer postpone meetings because of the presence of one of the members abroad. Also, the feature of saving a recording of those meetings with audio and video, enabled us to use it as a Minutes of Meeting, which gives greater commitment to meetings that use the Zoom technology.

Pros

Everything is great and meets the ambition, I would like to thank the organizers of Zoom, as the efficiency of their product was evident, especially during the lockdown during the COVID-19 pandemic, as the Zoom was able to accommodate millions of virtual meetings, video calls and webinars at the same time and without any system failures or any technical problems. We are used to Zoom, and it has become...

Cons

Everything works fine, I did not encounter any technical problems, it is a very practical application, as it is enough to add the specified contact or accept the invitation from another contact and start the conversation directly with audio and video.

MA

Molham A.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

excellent choice for meetings

Zoom works with each a PC and a smartphone. The utility is notably smooth to use. Meeting connections make it smooth to enroll in meetings. Chat, display screen sharing, file sharing, and whiteboarding are most of the functions. I can not consider any apparent hazards to using the tool. The uncertainty round information safety claims frustrates me the most. Since the start of the year, there was enormous complaint that Zoom has furnished 1/3 events information with out settlement and that positive additives of the tool, together with tracking the participant's interest with out previous consent, represent an invasion of privacy. "

Pros

Zoom is used for our normal meetings. We use display screen sharing offerings to talk about initiatives and cooperate on topics. We use the whiteboard device to proportion our ideas. Zoom handles gradual Internet connections admirably, making it our go-to app for on line meetings. What I like great approximately the device is its common performance, which gives HD audio and video high-satisfactory at the same time as streaming smoothly. This substantially improves the entertainment of the use of different functionalities. This capabilities display screen sharing, assembly recording, stay polling, and plenty more.

Cons

The assembly UI seems to be a bit stale. The hyperlink often hangs. As a result, your most effective choice is to disconnect and reconnect. There aren't anyt any state-of-the-art capabilities, consisting of computerized connection to conferences primarily based totally on a schedule, or something of the sort. The price-overall performance ratio degrades whilst license call for will increase or capability is expanded. It isn't usually clean to reconcile them with facts security.

LJ

Liezl J.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Click and start!

I have had a few techno-phobic clients and even they managed to get going on Zoom without much fuss. It's empowering people to get online in a time when they don't have much other choice. 5**** for usability! I've used this in multiple conferences, work meetings, and webinars. This product totally wins out on ease of use for me and everyone using it!

Pros

Most people have heard of it and been exposed to it. It's fairly quick to get on for the first time, and doesn't restrict you to a particular email address.

Cons

Moderators for big groups could perhaps be a bit smoother. The login doesn't remain on chrome so I struggled for over a year with which identity was popping up. I have 2 businesses and a personal account. I often ended up with the wrong one being displayed, even if I logged into it first. The separate chrome identity's seems to have solved this, but it is a little annoying to have to login to a different chrome session (I often rush to a zoom session at the last minute). Would be nice to just have a drop down to select an identity on one platform instead of completely separate logins.

Samuel K.

Pharmaceuticals, 5,001-10,000 employees

Wonderful Video Conferencing Application

My overall experience with Zoom has been great - I am able to work efficiently with my coworkers, I am able to send meeting invite links quickly and simply via email, and I am able to work on the go with the mobile app, which lets me join meetings wherever I am. Simply wonderful.

Pros

Some of the facets which I like most about Zoom Meetings include its ease of deployment, (meaning everyone has a relatively simple time getting acquainted with how to use it quickly), its screen sharing feature, which allows any meeting participant to share a slide presentation, for instance, and the fact that the software is available on both laptop, desktop, and mobile. Lastly, I find the stream quality to be absolutely phenomenal, even with relatively slower connections - it just seems as though Zoom figures out a way to make everyone's experience efficient regardless of how strong their internet connection is. Scheduling meetings is also very simple on your online dashboard.

Cons

There is honestly not much to dislike about this software outside of the fact that it might get a little pricey for those who carry out meetings with many, many people since that is when pricing actually kicks in, (meetings with only a couple of people lasting less than 40 minutes are complementary for everyone). The cost, however, should not be a barrier to anyone, in my opinion, since there are comparable softwares which charge more for a lesser quality service.

NG

Nadia G.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 employees

Popular, everybody has a zoom account

Overall, I like zoom. I like to have only one platform used for every event, so it's good to use zoom since most people use it.

Pros

During the covid lockdown, we all worked and studied from home. Based on what I saw, everybody was on zoom. No one had an account and was ready to use zoom anytime. That makes everything easier. We can also record our meeting which I found very useful. The "pin video" is not a crucial feature but at some point adds a plus point. Could be useful sometimes. Zoom doesn't store much data too. For example,...

Cons

We can not use zoom web on our phone. We need to install zoom app to join a meeting. With the free version of zoom, we can only host a meeting or event or class for around 30 mins which is fair but yet annoying. I don't know why, but the delay when using zoom is worse than another platform. So let's say when I try to say something at the same time with my friend, we won't be able to actually say it at the same time. There will be like 1 second gap. When you use the raise hand feature, it's a bit difficult to see who first raises the hand and who's next.

McKinley E.

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

The Era of Virtual Meetings

Zoom does an excellent job, has a lot of features, and a large Free plan for one-on-one sessions. It is a service that is intended for general usage. It's like a dependable hammer: it'll get the job done in most cases, but not in all. If you require something more specific for your use-case, there are alternative options available that may be more suitable. Of course, if you only need anything to throw a presentation every few months or once in a while, it's perfectly adequate. The low use case for the presentation side, however, does not justify the expense. If you're only interested in one-on-one interaction, you'll have more possibilities if you're ready to put in some effort.

Pros

Zoom is the obvious choice for advanced video conferencing and business meetings. The built-in team collaboration tools in Zoom make sharing files and ideas a breeze. Zoom outperforms competing video conferencing software, such as Skype for Business, GoToMeeting, and Google Hangouts Meetings. Millions of people, including myself, utilize Zoom to host more interesting and efficient business meetings than ever before.

Cons

Background noise management isn't quite there yet, however I believe it is technically doable. Occasionally, a person unmutes and attempts to speak over extremely loud background noise, causing unneeded disruption and confusion in the meeting. It would be fantastic if the program had a feature to control whether or not a user's microphone has background noise.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

Zooming Into Virtual Learning

Overall, Zoom Meetings is a versatile, powerful, and supportive tool for anyone who needs to connect on a consistent basis via videoconferencing. The platform itself has a suite of tools that addresses many needs and they are very amenable to updating and adding tools, as indicated by their users.

Pros

Zoom opened up a brand new way for us to learn and, sans the necessity due to COVID, I would recommend it for normal virtual learning and video conferencing needs because the platform runs smoothly and has everything that presenters and attendees may need. As a teacher, I appreciated the ability to see attendance records, have my students register for meetings to track attendance and usage, and turn videos and mics on and off for a variety of reasons in support of facilitating a productive and meaningful virtual learning environment. It was also convenient to be able to have meetings with other faculty and staff members via Zoom!

Cons

The poll feature was clunky and frustrating to use but had great possibilities for exit tickets and formatives purposes.

Shahiryar K.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Zoom Meetings

Zoom Meetings is a very good tool to communicate and collaborate in group for various purposes like remote work or education along with many other. I like its low data consumption due to which I get uninterrupted service though the internet connectivity is not that good in my area.

Pros

Zoom Meetings stands true to its name when it comes to conducting online meetings. It carries out online conferencing perfectly due to it clear video and clean sound quality. It enables the members of a meeting to share files and documents of importance among them. Apart from video streaming users can also share their screens thus making it an apt platform for presentations as well as lectures. Its availability on all desktop and mobile platform gives its users a huge accessibility. It gives the host complete command on the conference session like choosing who can speak or share screen. Also managing contacts is very easy in zoom meetings.

Cons

I have used both its free and subscription based services. In the free version of Zoom Meetings, a meeting session would time out after some 40, 45 minutes, and only upti 100 persons can participate in a session. While I do not see any problem with its full license based services.

KS

Kavya S.

Research, 5,001-10,000 employees

Zoom did what Skype could not--highly recommend

I have used both Zoom meetings and the Zoom webinars as a student, presenter, and administrator.

Pros

As my title says, Zoom made it easy to communicate, especially at the beginning of the pandemic. The security features they have added over the past year have been critical for blocking 'zoom-bombers.' I enjoy the features such as 'annotation' and have used that more times than I thought I would have during meetings. The webinar capability is terrific for hosting large sessions. The recent update for live transcription is great for accessibility and is fairly accurate for an automated system.

Cons

The mobile/iPad version isn't the best honestly and it makes the Zoom experience significantly less appealing. For instance, you can't see everyone in the screen no matter how much you zoom in; you're limited to either full screen presentation, full screen speaker, or 4-panel set of attendees. I understand that phone screens are smaller but I should be able to see everyone on an iPad at least--especially when there are only 6 people in the Zoom room for instance.