All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Semrush Reviews

1,297 reviews

Stay ahead of your competition

It has saved by time by more than 50-60%, reports runs on cloud, best suggestions based on the competitor analysis and link building suggestions along with the outreach pitch, what cold be better than this for a SEO guy.

Pros

There are lots. Its complete All in one SEO pack for SEO experts. Let it be website auditor's suggestions, technical SEO, on-page off-page, keeping eye on your competitor, researching links for Link building, keyword research or white label report, SEMRush is the answer. The provide more than what they charge for. 99/100 SEO will have this as a their SEO weapon against their competitor.

Cons

Though, there are none. But, I would recommend if they could update all the keywords daily, people won't have to buy any keywords tracking tool, currently only important keywords are updated and not all, rest is perfect.

Perfect for global SEO research and analysis

I have been able to prove how our content refresh and new blog content has boosted our visibility prior to our new website launch that included a content overhaul. I've shown the correlation between our position and visibility to our increase in search traffic and search purchases. I never would have been able to justify our efforts or my role without the help of SEMrush.

Pros

I love being able to build out dashboards for our keyword categories. It helps me see which product groups are performing well vs. which ones we need to focus on. We are a global company so being able to have keywords in different languages was one of the main selling points for me. It's been fantastic!

Cons

Since we are global, it would be nice if we didn't have to choose just one country for each dashboard. I really need to see performance on a global scale.

Hi Hali! Thanks a lot for giving us this review, we appreciate it!

Great For SEO Research

Semrush is helping us find new opportunities to increase traffic and helping us optimize our content so that we show up on the first page of search results. Worth the first seat for a company that already has steady cash flow to cover the expense.

Pros

Semrush has tons of great tools. We use this program to do SEO research, track important keywords and get suggestions on how we can improve upon out SEO for individual pages based on our competitions pages. And these are just some of the tools available - we are constantly finding new ways to use the program. In the year that I have been using this program, I have only experienced a couple of issues that were quickly resolved.

Cons

The price is high but Semrush offers a broad range of tools that help you elevate your SEO easily to get more traffic, so in the long run it's worth it. That being said, the cost of adding additional users isn't really worth the additional expense for smaller companies. It would be nice to be able to collaborate without having to pay so much more for additional seats. Navigation isn't very intuitive. They have great tools but it can get frustrating trying to to remember where to go to find specific features. I have cheat notes I have made myself and several bookmarks to get me to the most commonly used features.

Hi Marie, thank you for sharing your review and feedback on our pricing and UI! I will pass it to the team for notice. We are happy that your overall experience with Semrush is great!

Super tool for content development and actionable competitive tracking

Pros

Keyword and research features for new content development as well as integrations with Google Analytics and Google Documents for fine tuning content for not only SEO but readability and voice are beyond useful. It has decreased desk research time by weeks for new topic content development, writing and optimization. I also love the competitive content and traffic view I can create and reporting that is baked in.

Cons

I wish it was a bit more intuitive for a learning user. While it has a robust toolkit of features, sometimes I get lost in the complexity of technical SEO valuations and how I can use what I am seeing in my dashboard to my advantage/what is truly actionable by priority.

Great All Rounder

Pros

Used SEMRush for keyword research and content marketing. It has given a boost to our client's online marketing efforts. Data, volume, backlinks and other insights SEM Rush delivers are top-notch The most desirable feature is the content marketing tool. The tool assists with keyword research, topic ideas, content optimiser, etc. Website audits and the lead get tools can come handy. The next important one close to the content marketing tool is backlink analysis. The free tools offered by SEMRush are a nice addition. It also allows us to quickly create professional reports with a few clicks. Compared to the other tools which deliver similar results, the cost for SEMRush is much better in terms of the value it delivers. However, the subscription can get expensive before you know it.

Cons

Subscription can get expensive before you know it. Not a good option to recommend for beginners.

Hi! Thanks for giving us such a great review! We really appreciate it and are happy that you're getting a lot out of SEMrush's tools.

Amazing tool, but a glaring issue with customer billing and dev...

The tool is a 10 out of 10. Until you fix this listing management billing issue and stop offering discounts that don't exist (twice), this is a neutral experience.

Pros

The pros are that this tool is amazing. Literally life changing when it comes to SEO measurement and strategy. A 12 out of 10 on that front. Their projects, keyword research, and reporting at next leve.

Cons

Here is my issue... I wanted to buy a quarterly pricing service. It was offered to me and then taken off the table. I was told the promotion ended... no big deal. Then I loved the software so much that I signed up for annual. There was just one problem.... they resell Yext citations under their listing management service for $20/month per location. This isn't a big deal because I sell it in our package. Here...

Hi Tom, thank you for your review. Great to know you enjoy Semrush tools overall. Thank you for sharing your feedback on Listing Management pricing and your communication with our reps - I will pass it to our team and we will investigate the situation.

SEMrush is one of the Top 5 SEO Tools for Agencies

Overall, our experience using SEMrush has been positive. Our team enjoys using it. Plus it has helped with our sales since we can utilize its research features when auditing prospective clients' sites.

Pros

We made the switch to SEMrush a few years ago mainly for the many tracking features that we need for all of our clients. The main one is the keyword tracking tool which allows us to track several keywords for each client and we then can include this data in their monthly reports.

Cons

SEMrush does not have the best structure for their plans/options which ends up costing us more for the software subscription. Due to their plans/pricing structure, we had to create two separate accounts and separate our projects between the two--all to avoid paying the astronomical additional fee for multiple users.

Magic SEO & PPC Tool

As a PPC specialist and digital marketer I help clients boost their online presence through both SEO tactics and paid strategy. SEMrush helps me plan and analyze to deliver results that truly life my clients bottom line.

Pros

SEMrush is a wonderful tool with a vast amount of in-depth features that will help you improve SEO and PPC for your business. This tool delivers in every way to work smarter and not harder. Its all-in-one design boasts SEO, paid search, social media and also market research tools for both e-commerce and enterprise solutions. As a Pay -per-Click (PPC ) specialist I've used SEMrush for years. Favorite tools are competitor analysis, keyword magic tool, and the domain management tool. While I take some of the data with a grain of salt as everyone should its output within these tools has truly allowed me to grow my clients business in an easy and efficient way. IF your looking to do less work but gain great insights and actionable to do's then SEMrush is for you!

Cons

There really aren't any cons about SEMrush. The software has an overabundance of tools that would take a while to list in the pros. If you are a beginner to SEO or PPC the user face and amount of tools may be intimidating. While the price is a worthy investment - if you are not well versed in SEO or PPC or are just in need of the tool for one blog or a small website it may not be worth the money. For advanced users, it is important to remember that many tools like SEMrush will have a varying degree of data accuracy - I would not take the numbers they present as 100% accurate.

OK for the price.

Pros

The price is OK. Setting up a project is fairly easy. I like the competitive and paid search features. This has helped significantly with website audits.

Cons

I wish the pricing structure was easier to understand and more upfront. I don’t like that I have to pay extra for additional projects. I work for myself and have 9 clients, so the price started to balloon pretty quickly once I added them all. I also wish there was a local search feature. Many of my clients are local to a city or region.

A must-have tool for digital marketing agencies!

The best online visibility and analytics tool on the market!

Pros

The breadth of offerings that this software offers is unmatched in this industry. We use this every day in our agency and it provides so much value. As an SEO practitioner, I generally use the site audit tool and the keyword overview tool. Using these tools provides so much insight into our clients sites and how well they are performing. It is also very helpful at tracking the success of our various SEO initiatives. I can't imagine not using this tool!

Cons

The one thing I like least about SEMrush is the limit on the amount of keywords we can track without having to pay an extra fee. Especially considering that tracking one keyword on multiple devices counts as multiple keywords tracked.

Powerful toolkit for internet marketers & SEOs.

The tools are very reliable and error-free. If you ever need help, SEMRush support is fast and helpful.

Pros

Whether you are boosting an existing client's website or prospecting for new clients, SEMRush is a powerful set of tools. If you are trying to get a new internet marketing/SEO client, some of the well-designed reports are very convincing closing tools. If you're serious about online marketing, you need this platform.

Cons

SEMRush has so many tools and options in it's platform, there is a learning curve.

Hi Neal, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

The Best and Nice Platform for Digital Marketing Professionals

I am using SEMrush in my office and I have added my company website in our SEMrush account. Before publishing any content in our website, first we research and find the best keywords at SEMrush. I do a technical SEO audit for the website. So I can see the errors, warning, and notices about our website. I really love SEMrush and I am really satisfied with SEMrush because we have increased our sales in the market with the SEMrush.

Pros

SEMrush is an incredible source for digital marketing experts. You can add your website domain name and then lots of things you can do in SEMrush. Like you can check the number of backlinks you have for your website. You can find and research a lot of ideas about keywords. Even with the Magic Keyword tool, you can generate keywords for your campaigns. Even if you have an e-commerce website, you can drive more sales, if you are using SEMrush.

Cons

There are lots of features and functions in SEMrush and I have found these features very awesome and useful for our business. I never faced any issue or a problem in SEMrush. So according to my point of view, there are no cons. It's really fabulous and perfect.

Thank you so much for the amazing review and feedback on our tools! We are happy you enjoy using SEMrush!

Very Versitile

Has made social post scheduling easier and the analytics in one place is a huge time saver.

Pros

One stop shop for seo, social media, and competitor research.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and some bugs exist.

Hi Chrissy, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools!

A Great SEO Tool

I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Pretty standard for SEO and digital marketing teams

Pros

SEMrush is our primary SEO tool and it really does it all, especially with the massive upgrades in the last year. It tracks keyword ranking positions, offers a few keyword research tools, and compares the domain to others related to it. You can automate reports that are white labeled, too. It also does domain analysis, backlink tracking, and site audits which we use all the time in our SEO business. They have recently rolled out link opportunity and outreach tools as well as brand monitoring on social media, though we haven't used those as much lately (but plan to).

Cons

SEMrush is an advanced tool for sure, not for newbies with little knowledge. However their support and tutorials are great. I'd like some more customization and styling options for the report tool, since we use SEMrush as our main report generator. Now we end up pasting images or combining it with other separate reports. I'd also like a client-facing dashboard for easy reporting. The keyword research tool isn't as good as the google one used to be, but now that google is making their keyword research tool more and more ridiculous, SEMrush is looking pretty good.

Great Solution for Content-Driven Companies

I really appreciate the customer service, constant innovation in the availability of new tools, and ways to make my everyday work easier with tips/tricks, tools, and resources! I am a very happy SEMRush customer, and I hope to be for years to come.

Pros

Live content checks, actionable page-by-page analyses, customizable reports, competitor research

Cons

It seems like there are a decent amount of issues with automated reports and the dashboard going down. A few things have changed (widgets on reports, for example), without a notice to users, causing me to find these changes out on my own and have to figure out how to work around them or change something in my account

Hi Savannah, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy our tools and use SEMrush for your business! For any questions on the tools, we will be happy to assist you by email: mail@semrush.com!

The data you get from SEMrush is priceless

It's priceless. My experience with SEMrush has been amazing.

Pros

There really is no price tag I can place on SEMrush. At Leadfeeder, we use the SEMrush to help us complete our content audit, drive our content strategy, monitor competitor's content, & re-optimize out content. We also use it to manage the execution and website redesign with its site audit features. Our marketing team could not operate without the help of SEMrush.

Cons

Deeper content analysis similar to MarketMuse or Clearscope would be awesome! And, maybe even some social shares like Buzzsumo. It would be awesome to have one tool that does it all!

Great SEO tool with some hiccups.

It is great and it helped us and our clients to achieve high rankings.

Pros

SEMrush is one of the best tools I have tried to improve the SEO of my websites. In terms of keyword suggestions, projects management, as well as in organic keywords tracking, this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful. I can also spy on our competitors with ease and come up with a plan on how to beat them on the search engine.

Cons

I also observed that SEMrush offers updates for the platform from time to time. Apparently, this starts confusion on users because particular features are moved and removed within the interface.

All the tools in one

We use SEMrush on a variety of clients and it is our primary tool of choice for SEO needs. It also support paid search research quite well.

Pros

Being able to research not only keywords but advertising and business trends in once place makes life a lot easier. It's great to minimize the number of tools needed with a tool that has so many features.

Cons

I'd like faster support but replies are always within 24 hours.

The best Digital Marketing Platform

I am using SEMrush not only for my personal websites, even I am using this awesome marketing tool in my Office. I apply these best marketing strategies to my company website. So my company SEO is increasing too much. My overall experience with SEMrush is too much good. Because now I can apply the digital marketing techniques to any website. Before creating a campaign in Google Adwords, I always select the best keywords from SEMrush. I always check the SEO score of my website in SEMrush and then I edit the content according to the best keywords.

Pros

Website is the need of every company in this modern period and the marketing of that website is more important. SEMrush is one of the best digital marketing tools. Where you can add your multiple website projects. You can easily track the position of your website pages in the search engine. You can check the number of backlinks for your website. You can also check your website competitors keywords. The post booster is really incredible to increase your facebook reach. If you want to write articles on trending topics, you can get ideas from SEMrush.

Cons

The all tools and features and professional for the digital marketing experts. The pricing is also good even for the beginners and for the advanced users. Even for your e-commerce business SEMrush is good. So overall, according to my experience everything is awesome in SEMrush. Only for the new users, the number of projects should be more. All other things are incredible for me.

Thank you a lot for your feedback, Annam! We are happy you enjoy using the tool!

Been using it for SEO optimising websites with great succes

For my clients i use SEMrush to find technical SEO issues and then come up with a plan to solve the issues. When that is done i use SEMrush for keyword research. First by scanning the website it self and then the competition. With this you can make a nice spy list of keywords before you throw it in the keyword magic tool to make a even bigger list. After that a SEO plan for excisiting pages, and new pages and track it all with SEMrush and auto report it to the client.

Pros

- I was using multiple tools for tracking ranks, SEO research, and technical SEO. SEMrush offers it's all in 1 complete package. - Automate report and also customise them for each client. (some want more info and some less). - Nice overview off multiple projects. - Good website audit that points out error's and then creates a list for solutions. - EVERYTHING can be exported to pdf. - Academy to learn how to use SEMrush, but also to learn alot about SEO and other topics.

Cons

- To many options, sometimes you forget that it's also in SEMRUSH - Not all options are optimal (sometimes i miss some extra functions). But for most clients SEMrush covers my needs. - Data is sometimes not up to date (visitor count etc, or other data is showed in analytics).

The best bang for your buck

SEMrush is the definitive answer for most SEO questions. Once you have it fully set up it will tell you everything you need to know to ensure your site is healthy and your visibility maximised.

Pros

How complete it is: if you can only have one tool to cover your SEO, content and digital marketing efforts, SEM Rush is it.

Cons

Some of the information is sometimes a bit hard to parse for someone inexperienced to the platform. It could definitely be a bit more user friendly in that regard.

Hi Frederico, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It's great to hear how much you enjoy our tool.

Tons of features for a high price

Keyword position tracking is great, although limited in free version. Even though I would love to use it in full, it's not even close to being affordable for our business -- keeping in mind that this tool is only one of the many needed to run a successful digital business. And one of the most expensive ones.

Pros

It has a ton of features and is very customizable, with a vast array of possibilities. You can build an incredible dashboards to oversee your digital efforts. The free keyword position tracking tool is very useful.

Cons

Most of the features are subscription-based, which costs a shocking $99 per month at the cheapest level, which makes it completely unaffordable for a small or medium-sized business that is not exclusively in the advertising business. We can't afford to pay 1,200 USD extra a year on dashboards and improved analytics operating a single business that has "just the regular" combination: GA, Google ads, Fb pages, Fb ads, Insta, LinkedIn, keyword tracking, other google products -- a dashboard to aggregate all this info would already be very useful, but the price is quite prohibitive (for our business in Central Europe, at least).

Thank you for your feedback. We deeply appreciate input from our users at all subscription tiers. SEMrush is an SaaS-based software system that offers different subscription levels based on functionality. Our pricing follows industry standard models. Please DM us your contact info and we will help identify the right subscription level for your needs.

If I only had ONE platform to choose for everything

I think it's expensive, but over time it's proven its worth. I used to only pay for a month here and there when I needed it for a new client, but now I see how it can improve a lot more of what I do. Now my subscription is always active, and it pays for itself.

Pros

It's both comprehensive and easy to use at the same time. If I was only able to choose ONE tool, ONE platform to gather all my market research, competitive research, etc., this would be it. I'm able to do thorough baseline research for new clients and at the same time, I can do deep-dives on the competition. Semrush helps with just about every aspect of marketing.

Cons

Like most platforms, the data you get when you export is not formatted the same as when you see it in the platform. I wish there was more synchronicity so that I could more easily download information and present it to the client.

Incredibly robust and affordable platform

Again, SEMRush offers a wealth of insights for our Paid and Organic web efforts. We get advanced analytics on page and keyword performance, opportunities for improvement and much more. I also appreciate that they offer ample free courses to help you improve your SEO skills and make the most of the platform. SEMRush offers multiple dashboard views in order to give you a full perspective of your web landscape. The Content Builder is especially helpful, as it literally walks you through how to build fully optimized content based on a specific keyword. Great product.

Pros

Cons

The features can be a lot to handle, but fortunately they offer courses to help walk you through it.

Select your country

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.