SpotOn Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.03/10

Reviews by rating

The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.
Over all it’s been a great program and great company to work with. Look forward to years of a great relationship.
This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.
Does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.
The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App.
It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then.

Rick J.

Business Supplies and Equipment, 1-10 employees

A True Game Changer

Restaurant owners share many of the same struggles in managing and growing their businesses. Issues such as real-time enterprise level reporting, back office updates immediately available on all stations, including their online ordering site, controlling labor cost, and payroll reporting. Additionally with the integration with third party delivery services, the cost savings by eliminating user error is proving to be a huge factor. SpotOn Restaurant provides the tools and resources that are necessary for independents as well as multi-chain national brands.

Pros

The Freedom Group is a proud dealer of SpotOn Restaurant. We are a company that is passionate about serving our clients with great technology coupled with phenomenal service. SpotOn Restaurant allows us to bring real value to our clients on the technology front, while enabling us to offer a high level of support due to the cloud infrastructure.

Cons

As we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the entire SpotOn team, I do not have any cons to report.

WR

Wagner R.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Tushar Brazilian Express Utah

Superb. Love the product and the company. I have already referred my friends that own restaurants to [sensitive content hidden] and SpotOn

Pros

The local support from [sensitive content hidden] and his team have been very attentive to details and very hands on with customer support and technical service. The company has always treated us fairly. And we value that.

Cons

Nothing. There have been a few outages that were inconveniences for an hour. No big deal.

ER

Emily R.

Spot on replaces Emagine POS

1-10, id say 2

Pros

I think Spot on, since taking over Emagine POS, has gone down hill, You never know who you will be getting support from. The reporting does not seem accurate. Not happy with it at all. Would definately be looking in to another POS system if my father wasnt so dedicated to [sensitive content hidden] and [sensitive content hidden] who sold to Spot on (I think thats what happend). Sent us a computer...

Cons

You could improve by sending out people to help small business owners understand the step up and features you offer, you pretty much make us figure things out on our own.... adding a new printer or register, good luck. Our takeout register wont hook up with spot on and open, like our bar register. Try talking to "[sensitive content hidden] " from where ever the hell he is located, no answers. cant figure things out. Send out technicians or send out reps to help and not over the phone. you literally get nowhere and throw in the towel and half ass work with what you can use.

That's not the experience we want you to have, Emily. I've spoken to a member of our customer service team about your case, and we will be reaching out to discuss the status of your account and the final SAAS charge. If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact clientengagement@spoton.com.

JP

Joe P.

The Best on the Market

Excellent Product and Service. Awesome all around

Pros

Service and the actual product. 24 hours a day 7 days a week

Cons

Sms Marketing messaging. Ecard notification when ecard bought to say thanks to the customer

Thank you for your feedback, Joe, and for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear about your experience with our product and service. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we’re proud to help support them and the people who run them.

SA

Shane A.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Spoton has gone above and beyond for me and my business!

Best payment processor with phenomenal customer supportStill need to sit down and go over intergrating yall's crm!

Pros

I will definitely be staying!Best customer support!Dashboard to process credit cards easy to use and navigate! Portable credit card reader is a life changer and rarely do I have to remember to charge it or turn it off!Super easy bluetooth with app on my phone!

Cons

Intergrate with either Google contacts and or Hubsport crm to import all my existing clients to make emailing receipts and invoicing easier, or intergrate with Zapier to make this happen!

That's music to our ears, Shane! We're happy to hear you're having a great experience with your SpotOn Dashboard and device. Going to pass along your integration/import contacts feedback and make sure the right teams are notified. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business.

Ariana R.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Perfect for salo.

Pros

I love the handheld device. I love that it is mobile and that you have an option to print receipt.

Cons

The loud beeping when it’s processing the card.

Thank you for your feedback, Ariana. We're happy to hear you love the handheld device. We look forward to continuing to help you grow your business!

TW

Tori W.

Great product

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

nh

nicholas h.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Spot On saved my business with top brand dropped me MID AFTERNOON for no reason. Spot on has been A+

its been great. I'm very happy with spot on and have no intentions to leave them , even if a company came along and offered .04 less, id say no.

Pros

they seamlessly took over for my previous company when they dropped me mid afternoon 4 years ago. Im loyal to spot on for that

Cons

it would be nice if they added some value added features like ability to access my money with a visa/mc, or ability to rush money to bank for small %. also, Apple Pay, contactless would be nice.

We love to hear it, Nicholas. We're happy to hear our team was able to get you up and running quickly. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

JM

Jennifer M.

[sensitive content hidden] Review

Pros

Once again, [sensitive content hidden], completed the task that I needed help with efficiently and effectively. He communicated with me throughout the process to keep me updated and informed about completion. It is always a breeze and a pleasure to work with him.

Cons

For this particular task, everything was good.

Thank you for the feedback, Jennifer. customer service is important to us, and we're glad to hear about your experience. Small businesses are at the core of their local communities, and we're proud to help support them and the people who run them.

CS

Christina S.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Excellent support from the Success Team

Overall I am very satisfied with spot On and the assistance from support staff. The system is already running smoother for my team.

Pros

The Support Rep I spoke with was extremely helpful with my issues regarding the BOH chaos in our current system.

Cons

least favorite thing was not having enough time with the rep.

Thank you for your kind words, Christina. We're proud to help support you and your business.

AD

Andrew D.

Game Changer

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

HG

Heidi G.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Regret switching to Spoton

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where. I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward. I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions. Ask to see marketing. Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

Pros

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system. Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales. There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website. You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund. Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it. Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit...

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at support@spoton.com for additional assistance in the future.

bm

brad m.

Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 employees

VIce President

Amazing, I would say start to finish, however the communication and support has not stopped and its incredible to talk with people that want to help and make the systems the best they can be for your needs.

Pros

The implementation process was amazing allowing you to use the software for your individual needs and operations, Software helps bring all your needs under one platform, from operations to accounting, Consumer to wensite.

Cons

I have to say there really is nothing I am not happy about as it relates to the software. Working with the SpotOn team allowed us to adjust reporting, accounting and formulate into our system.

This is music to our ears! Thanks for the feedback, and we are looking forward to working together to grow your business for years to come.

BP

Ben P.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

Pros

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices. It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants. An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry. Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts. The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way. User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting. Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Cons

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

SW

Steuart W.

Antonio’s for SpotOn

Pros

Ease of use, customization, and back end reporting are amazing. Far more business analytics than most people will ever use. Customer support is incredible!!

Cons

There’s not really anything we don’t like. It’s easy to use and the support team keeps us going when we need to change or update something.

SC

Scott C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

SpotOn Review

From sales cycle to installation to on-going support, this company responds and with amazing capabilities!!!

Pros

How easy. it is to use and it's very intuitive. From the very start, our sales rep was truthful (hard to find), dependable, and. actually delivers on absolutely everything he says will be done or can be done and he's there is any capacity I need him, even after the sales cycle has ended. I know I can count on [SENSETIVE CONTENT] and anyone I contact at the company for assistance!!!

Cons

I wish all the various, behind the scenes, capacities were grouped in one location so you wouldn't have to check various areas to find the command you are looking for.

SM

Sam M.

Switch and Save!

We have been blown away with how easy it is to use, the fast go-live time, and the benefits we are already seeing. We are receiving more and more online orders, and are saving money through the cash discount program.

Pros

My personal favorite aspects of the SpotOn Restaurant POS system is how easily my staff picked it up. Everyone had it down after one day. On top of that, with the cash discounting, we are saving tons of money.

Cons

The only things we have had issues with is the cc fees being charged to gift card payments, and not having an app for mobile authorizations for Android. I have an iphone and that app works perfectly, but my assistant has android. Any and all minor issues have always been fixed extremely fast.

Cl

Claude l.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Perfect for my growing Resturaunt business

From the rep, to the customer service and product. Qe are happy with the results

Pros

Its easy to change umutems and on board staff

Cons

A little simpler inter face for back of house changes

TF

Teri F.

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is #1 choice for our POS

Excellent service and program, if they don’t offer it, just ask and they will get it.

Pros

All aspects of the service. The POS, merchant services, reservations and reporting.

Cons

Haven’t found anything wrong with SpotOn at this time.

LM

Lonny M.

Feedback

Very good

Pros

On behalf of our family and staff, I wanted to give you some feedback after switching to SpotOn in January. First of all, the reporting is light years better than what we using before. Being able to see the daily Sales trends, labor costs, etc. has made us more profitable. Running payroll is much easier and passing information to our accountant is a click of a button. The dual pricing has given...

Cons

A few glitches and communication issues on the implementation

Thank you for your very kind words, Lonny. We're proud to help support you and your business.

RN

Ricardo N.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

SCAM ALERT! It is impossible to cancel the SUBSCRIPTION. CASE #01113490

Pros

I am beginning to think that the spoton company is a SCAM. I did not like anything about the comapany and its device, the device was slow to process the transactions and the other half the time it did not process the transactions at all. It has been over two months since i tried cancelling my subscription it has been impossible to cancel. One thing that has been possible is taking money out my account. Every time i called some higher up suppose to call me back but never does. I am going to report this SCAMPANY to the authorities

Cons

Ricardo, we are sorry to hear about the issues you experienced. James Clark, a member of our team, has been trying to contact you over the phone and via email. Please let us know if there's a better number or address to reach you at. You should see a refund of $25.00 for the Platform Fee pending on your bank statement today. For additional assistance, please don't hesitate to reach us at clientengagement@spoton.com

cv

chad v.

spoton

our biggest problem was our level of customer service regarding order entry. Spot on solved a lot of these issues. Overall once Spot on was implemented and the bugs worked out it has been a great product.

Pros

The pros for our application -Being able to program a large menu and the software allowing modifications to menu items -QR code integration was huge win for customers being able to order and pay outside -Front facing displays work well and easy to use -Instacheckmate feature for seamless order entry -Overall support has been prompt with only a few glitches

Cons

Cons -We have had a few interruptions in service due to upgrade issues. I think mamangement took note that upgrades during midday rush was not a good time to upgrade systems -Gift cards require a seperate reader -it would be nice if menu modifier groups could have option displayed with the list of modifiers hiden unless the group is pressed -Has there been an update where we can retrieve speed of service reports based on the pos send time dn the order bump time

HP

Harshil P.

Hidden Charges

I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Pros

Its really great for Restaurants

Cons

Speed and easy to operate

KT

Kimberly T.

Need an account representative

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pros

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Cons

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at abailey@spoton.com so I can better help support you! Best,

PC

Pasquale C.

Bait and switch

Hands down the worst experience with a POS company I have ever had. There are so many options out there don’t get sold by this company.

Pros

It’s easy to and and modify new menu items.

Cons

Worst customer service I’ve ever experienced with any POS company. Implementation and set up was a complete disaster. Still haven’t gotten our training call and have now been installed almost 2 weeks. Can’t issue refunds to customers without a 3 days period which is unacceptable. And so much more.

We apologize for the trouble you've experienced. Know that we hear you, we understand your frustration, and are working to resolve the issue. We've passed this along internally and sounds like a member of our team is trying to get in contact with you.