SpotOn Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.23/10

Reviews by rating

Over all it’s been a great program and great company to work with. Look forward to years of a great relationship.
This one integrates with my Payroll company seamlessly. The online ordering platform used was ridiculously easy and provides a more polished seamless look for my company.
Does not work on their phones. Weird glitches on some reports really set us back months which is a bummer.
The team is very overwhelmed and sometimes we have just not received follow up, follow through or accountability on issues. We have had a few customers complain that the OLO App.
It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then.

AD

Andrew D.

Game Changer

Spoton has been great from the start from the sales reps presentation to the feedback to the help and just the restaurant industry in general. Our rep had experience in restaurants so he showed us some tricks and shortcuts in creating our menu that was a huge plus for us. He also was very knowledgeable in marketing so he offered his guidance for free which helped us grow our business with online ordering.

Pros

The features I love best about SPOTON restaurant is the support and the ease-of-use. Sales reps was very knowledgeable and supportive. He trained 30 employees on site and was available instantly when we had questions. He was there the whole week when we started the product conversion and actually did some free advertising for us to show his support. He made us a believer in SPOTON and that showed us that SPOTON really does partner with their merchants with transparency low rates great reporting and all in all best restaurant point-of-sale on the market we have seen we are a spoton customers for life thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for introducing us to SpotOn Restaurant and all of its capabilities.

Cons

The only thing we really didn’t like about the software is the ability to use digital gift cards on the online ordering but we have we have been made aware that this is on its way in development.

NK

Nick K.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Changed the way I thought about Merchant Services!!!

Everything has been awesome. The idea of putting money into our system when ours was functional was a difficult one. But looking back it was just a matter of jumping. I haven't looked back and the money I've saved has more than offset any costs. Honestly though, the service isn't like anything I've seen from a merchant services company before. It'll be interesting to see if the other guys like Toast, Breadcrumb, etc. try to mimic their business model.

Pros

The reporting features are insane. I've been able to create custom subscriptions so that the reports that I love the most are just sent to me every Monday morning. The service is also incredible. Our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], checks in with us regularly just to see how business is going and regularly offers creative ideas of how to increase revenue. It's like having a free in-house business consultant. When COVID-19 hit, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] called us immediately to start walking us through ideas that have kept us open. I also love that the software is cloud-based. I've had servers call me at home with issues that I was able to fix from my couch. HIGHLY recommend!!

Cons

This is the first time that I've actually paid a subscription for POS software so that took some getting over. We had Micros/Upserve before. But once I started utilizing the features that I was paying for I could see the value. Will never go back to the old PC in the back office.

RC

Rob C.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Wouldn’t. Use payroll ……

Pros

Not very much …not quite a bait and switch. Just bait and forget…

Cons

Still waiting for payroll….. no payroll company? Should have went with Aloha …..

We hear your frustration and apologize that our Payroll feature is still being developed. We're busy perfecting this product and hope to have it to you as soon as possible!

KT

Kimberly T.

Need an account representative

The phone help support is amazing and they are readily available for assistance. My only complaint is that I don't have an account executive and if I do I can't reach them i have been trying for months and still can not get assistance. The general support has sent emails but no one reaches our.

Pros

Pretty user friendly and the customer support is great

Cons

Satisfied with software very unhappy with the fact I can't reach an account executive

Hi Kimberly, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review and providing this feedback. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Restaurant Success Manager or Account Executive, but I need some additional information like your restaurant's name to look them up. Please reply to me here at abailey@spoton.com so I can better help support you! Best,

JC

Julia C.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

The best POS system I've ever used

The software is great, but the best part is the customer support! Real people that care about your business built your menu for you, do extensive menu reviews until it's 99% perfect, and then come install it and stay with you the whole first day! When you need manager or back-of-house training, they will dedicate hours to you to make sure you understand everything you need to know. And there's all kinds of cool bonuses, like the reporting app, manager app, and even social media review management!

Pros

I love that SpotOn is so intuitive and easy to use. The extensive reports are extremely helpful to gain valuable insight into your business, it comes with online ordering built-in (so you don't have to pay a 3rd party) and you can run multiple restaurants from one back office. Cloud-based means you can do all paperwork from anywhere, and the back office is extremely easy to navigate.

Cons

That more restaurants don't use it! It's annoying when I'm eating at a restaurant and it takes my waiter so long to put in orders, print checks, etc. I see them struggling and I want to go install SpotOn myself right then!

RB

Rachael B.

Progressive POS

In the 6 months of using Spot On I have been more than pleased with the advancement of technology for this POS system. Coming from the older time of Aloha and Micros I have never used a POS that has created such ease for daily reporting, managing sales and labor, daily employee maintenance, menu maintenance, employee on-boarding, daily projections, and future forecasting . The real time feature that allows you to instantly make changes to any platform of the system allows for no lost time which is crucial in a high volume restaurant. The support team has been excellent with a level of personal attention that has always fallen through the cracks with other POS systems.

Pros

Progressive, accurate, and efficient point of sale technology.

Cons

The fact that I can do anything remotely LOL! Only a con that if I have personal time away from the restaurant they know I can access all systems and make any daily changes or admin that needs to be done but at the same time being able to sit on a beach and to do payroll isn't so bad :)

NV

Nick V.

Best system ever!

I've had no difficulty reaching a service tech 90% of the time. I also appreciate the way more serious problems are immediately escalated to a supervisor who has ALWAYS solved my problem.

Pros

Most of all, it is the simplest system I've ever had for teaching new servers. Secondly, the ability to make adjustments from any computer remote or on-site is fantastic!

Cons

Like any computer, there are occasional glitches. The key is not to panic, and refresh system first before any troubleshooting

TW

Tori W.

Great product

Pros

The system is easy to use and quick to learn. Menu items can easily be changed or added and updates instantly.

Cons

Internet is a huge issue. If you do not have great internet it is a problem. If there is a spotty connection you can not use the program at all. It usually goes out during critical and busy times. This definitely needs fixed. There is a back up Internet that can be used but won’t turn on unless there is no connection at all.

TG

Tim G.

New customer

So far it has been positive. My menu builder, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was great, very friendly and engaging. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did our install and training and she was phenomenal, super friendly, fun, informative & thorough, I highly recommend her to anyone. My salesperson [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been great to work with as well.

Pros

The system is very user friendly, from both the front and back of house. We have yet to open but we are excited to see the system in action. The SpotOn team members I've dealt with to date have been very friendly.

Cons

As previously stated, we have not opened yet so we haven't encountered any problems to date.

SM

Suzy M.

Good and Not-so-good

Our rep has been very accessible. The system provides much useful information. Responses to tech support has been prompt, but not always able to help with problems.

Pros

Accurate and quick information about sales and labor is very helpful. Accumulation of customer information is also very helpful.

Cons

Communicating with customers via email and push notifications has been challenging. Ease of use of this feature would greatly improve our business, and I wish we'd have been aware of this difficulty beforehand. There is only one useful highlighting feature; the others are too dark to be useful. The push notifications (sending text messages to customers) worked for two weeks. After that and several calls to tech support it is still not workable - it's been 3 weeks!

Thanks for this candid feedback, Suzy. As a growing tech company, we are always making improvements to our product and appreciate your patience as we improve push notifications from the product side!

BP

Ben P.

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Premium Features and Unrivaled Transparency

SpotOn continues to be an invaluable technology partner that listens well and proactively presents innovative solutions to drive our business forward.

Pros

True, cloud POS with the flexibility to run on a myriad of different hardware devices. It just works. Low-maintenance and reliable even at high-volume restaurants. An innovative and evolving platform that adapts quickly to the changing needs of the restaurant industry. Transparent pricing with no long-term contracts. The sales and implementation teams were there every step of the way. User-friendly. Training our service teams was simple and exciting. Robust suite of features: DoorDash Drive, Waitlist/Reservation Management, Online Ordering, Marketing/Loyalty.

Cons

Would like a more robust first-party delivery module and/or more delivery integrations and more best-in-breed integrations in general.

TF

Teri F.

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is #1 choice for our POS

Excellent service and program, if they don’t offer it, just ask and they will get it.

Pros

All aspects of the service. The POS, merchant services, reservations and reporting.

Cons

Haven’t found anything wrong with SpotOn at this time.

Tn

Tobby n Tabitha J.

Troubles gone away

There are so many people that have helped during the process of setup. The customer support is the best part. I never felt alone or as if things wouldn't get better. Great team! Great product.

Pros

Once everything is setup, the software is very easy to use. Not rocket science like I tell my staff. You click the right buttons and everything is a breeze.

Cons

The setup was awful. It took awhile to get things the way we needed them. Between us not knowing what we needed and Spot on trying to read our minds the process was rough but once we got it setup it has been great.

KC

Karen C.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Best POS on the market

Pros

What isn’t there to like. As a restaurant owner the easy payment options when first signing up was so helpful. So efficient and you can personalize this to your restaurant by adding your logo to the receipts, Personalized note.

Cons

I am honestly having a hard time finding a con. They are quick on fixing “bugs” within the system or system issues

HG

Heidi G.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Regret switching to Spoton

Customer service is typically easy to get ahold of. They try but sometimes it is beyond them and they send you up the chain and that is where I found that I got really no where. I couldn't figure out sales originally and I get passed to different people. A month later kind of figured it out but extremely time consuming. Due to flaws in the system. Supposedly going to get fixed but who knows when and it will not revert back so it will only be going forward. I personally would have not made the switch and now I know to ask a lot more detailed questions. Ask to see marketing. Ask to see reports and understand what the numbers mean and how it ties out.

Pros

I liked that Door Dash delivery was built into the system. Eventually got the menu setup the way I want it to look but it took a lot of hours and creative ways of getting it into the POS and then online ordering. Hours put in by me via customer support as they were not that helpful in regards to this.

Cons

The reporting is horrible. I need 3 reports to book 1 day sales. There are 3 different websites vs everything being on 1 website. You can't do a refund for an online order. You are required to call customer support or go to yet another website and request the refund. Only refunds that you can do is if remove the credit card info and reenter it. Menu creation did not go well. There is no audit...

We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with reporting! I've alerted our success team and they will be reaching out to you shortly to help explain the reporting functionality. Please don't hesitate to reach out directly at support@spoton.com for additional assistance in the future.

KK

Katie K.

I love Spoton!

Well, we modified spoton and made it our online ordering system during lockdown. It probably saved us $3k plus online ordering commissions.

Pros

Easy to use, modifications are easy, wide range of variables built in to customize to your restaurants needs.

Cons

I wish I could customize a blackout time for a specific section by day (instead of all seatings) versus editing the floorplan exceptions. Example: when I know it is going to be 100 degrees tomorrow, that I could create a blackout time, for the patio, from 430-630pm. Also, I wish we had more characters for reservation messaging. Lady, I wish we could require credit cards for Google reservations (the verification code confuses people). They think it is a confirmation code.

Thanks for your candid review, Katie! I'm really excited to share with you that we have some solutions for you. 1). Taking Deposits/Credit Card Holds through Google requires changes to the Google process, which we have not been able to do to this point. We will continue to try to get this capability through Reserve with Google. 2). Blocking reservations in a specific section during specific times...

HP

Harshil P.

Hidden Charges

I wasn't aware of installation charges If I knew it I wouldn't have them to come and install the POS which I could do very easily. I paid $750.00 which was automatic payment taken from my bank account.

Pros

Its really great for Restaurants

Cons

Speed and easy to operate

bB

brian B.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Stands out from others

Spot on has allowed me to consolidate multiple processes into one manageable platform. I can run 90% of my financial off one program that has been tailored to my needs by the spot on crew.

Pros

It’s complete customizable dash allows you to have it your way. The ability to set reporting is also a huge plus. Once set up the way you want it, it becomes second nature and its ease of use is superb.

Cons

It took a while in the beginning to figure it all out and learn how I really wanted it set up. After the learning curve it became smooth sailing.

AS

Aaron S.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Friendly usage and great technology

I have worked with spoton for more than two years and I can tell that the terminal and software are reliable. I have never had an issue with them and whenever I have a question I contact [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and he is there to help. I have changed a couple of things in spoton and the level of response is fast. I can highly recommend it for any small and medium business.

Pros

Friendly use for not experienced people. And availability to use on phone and computer

Cons

That is not free. I pretty much like everything from this product

LW

Lisa W.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

SpotOn Review

Pros

The product is very easy to navigate and user Friendly.

Cons

Gift card functionality could be more user friendly.

Thanks for this feedback, Lisa! We are still working on our gift card process but there are many improvements in the works. If you have any difficulties or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out directly to support@spoton.com. We appreciate you and your business.

cw

carl w.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

SpotOn is RightOn

Excellent product and service. Very responsive sale rep who stops at nothing to get things done Martha Codgill

Pros

Ease of use and stability of software. Staff was able to actually operate without training.

Cons

none as software is very fast, reliable, easy to use, and stable.

Thank you for this feedback, Carl! We love to hear this and appreciate your business.

AS

Adam S.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Finally!!

Awesome!!

Pros

After so many years of living with the dinosaur Aloha we have arrived at the wave of the future. Not only a great POS for restaurants but SpotOn has the most competitive merchant processing rates in the business! Support infrastructure is the best i've ever seen.

Cons

Wish the layout of some of the buttons was a little more user friendly.

TB

Tony B.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Spoton Review

We have been with Spoton since the Emagine days, we are very happy with the system and extremely happy that we still have our relationships with [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Pros

Our bartenders love the platform for its ease of use, new bartenders coming from other Point of Sales systems rave about Spoton.

Cons

No real cons, would like to have the first line of support a little better versed in common issues and be a little more ready to move something to the next support level if not easily solved.

Hi Tony, thanks for the feedback! You mentioned needing a little more support from our frontline support agents. I'd love to connect you with your dedicated Success representative if you'd like to email me your account name so I can introduce you! We are grateful for your business and appreciate the opportunity to help.

SF

Sean F.

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Really Good POS software

Using SpotOn we have become more efficient as a business, reducing waste, tracking profits and trends as well as identifying areas of loss

Pros

Configurability and reporting features, we can track just about every aspect of our business now.

Cons

Phone app sometimes logs out, and I wish they had more integrations

SS

Stryker S.

Hospitality, 201-500 employees

Thank you SPOTON!!!

Pros

We switched from NCR Aloha in the middle of the COVID Pandemic - There ability to get us up and running with the POS and On Line Ordering was a a life-line!

Cons

The reporting took a bit of time to get accustomed to.