Keeper for Business Reviews

Keeper for Business

Secure password management and digital vault.

4.72/5 (384 reviews)

Pros
  • I really enjoy the ease of use ... the touch log in feature is awesome and the price is right for the app. There are so many great features that make it useful.Joel K.Read the full review
  • I really like the clean user interface and ease of use. Keeper does everything I need it to do to keep my passwords safe and secure without lots of unnecessary clutter.Bob S.Read the full review
  • This platform is so accessible , It's all there when I need the important information. Guarantee that it's secure and easy to use.Ed V.Read the full review
Cons
  • Even though we pay for the "business" level of this software, their support is terrible.James R.Read the full review
  • The interface seems to be more and more business oriented. The look and feel is old fashioned and boring.Steve H.Read the full review
  • Speaking of new phones, while it is mostly easy to get passwords back for a new phone, I usually do forget how to do it which leads to panic for a few minutes until I remember.Sean L.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Catherine A. Moreno Gámez

Keeper Security Saved Me After A Robbery

Reviewed 2016-09-18

I currently use the Keeper Security app on my iPhone 6 and my MacBook Pro. Nearly four years ago I was struggling to keep track of all of my log in IDs and passwords. I knew it was important to have a variety of passwords and a complexity to them across all the electronic areas I utilized. I found the Keeper Security app to be easy to use. I soon out-grew my need for the free version and purchased the full application. This product has far surpassed my expectations! It is easy to use, back up, and synchronize with my laptop. I highly recommend this product for individuals, but would recommend it for small businesses as well. A final testimony to how this product has served me: In 2015 my home was broken into and my spouse and I got cleaned out! To make matters more complicated, we were living outside of the USA at the time. Luckily, I still had one computer and I was able to access my Keeper Security backup. Because I had Keeper I could provide all of the account numbers of my banking information, license, and passport to the police. I could call back to the USA and work with one of my banks and my credit card institutions, because I had kept the phone numbers associated with them in the Keeper Security folders that I set up. This application, this software really saved me during one of my darkest days. Again, I highly recommend this program.

Pros
Easy to use. Easy to access when you need to look up something quickly and in the moment. I have 235 listings currently and I grow the data base each week because I find one more thing to keep secure. I am able to have highly complex passwords for my financial profiles because Keeper will generate them for me. I can choose the length of password I need and press the magic dice! I like having all of my insurance information, email passwords, all the access information I forget to use with Apple, and I can have a different password for each website I sign into.

Cons
The one thing that I have recommended to Keeper is to create a price break for those who want it for just two people in the household. Right now there is no price break for two. The pricing structure is great if you want to buy a family plan, but I don't have five people in my household.

Hector Bravo

Great value, great product

Reviewed 2020-05-04

Pros
We manage a lot of credentials to access our IT infrastructure. Keeper has helped us to secure our credentials, manage and share very easily.

Cons
Works only with web applications. I would like this to work with desktop applications.

James Ryan

Not Suitable for Business Use

Reviewed 2019-08-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Even though we pay for the "business" level of this software, their support is terrible. Their online chat support is only available for consumer, not for enterprise. There's no phone number for business support. All you can do is fill out a contact form on their support website, and they are extremely slow to respond. When I pushed for a phone number from the "consumer" support person in online chat, they did finally give me a number, but it went straight to voicemail. They eventually called me back and tried to blame me for the problem. They said that if you don't set up your folders from the beginning with "default permissions" then there's nothing you can do afterwards to fix the problem. I explained that when a product advertises itself as "enterprise" grade, they have to understand that (1) employees come and go rapidly; and (2) admins must have full authority to edit permissions on any record within the organization, especially those created by previous admins or employees. If any of your employees stores a record as "Read Only" then not even an admin can change this. If that employee leaves the company there's no way for you to ever change the records that the employee created. The Keeper support person made it seem as if this is a perfectly normal and logical way to do things, and tried to blame me for "not setting up the default folder permissions correctly at the beginning". Of course, I wasn't the one who set it up originally, that was a previous admin!

Pros
Allows you to set up teams and roles. Allows you to upload your company logo.

Cons
This software is not suitable for businesses who have to manage multiple users. Even though the software allows you to create "Shared Folders", the records stored in each folder are still owned by individual users. So, even if you are an administrator and you have admin privileges on a shared folder, you still can't edit records that were saved by other users. If those users go on to leave the company, you will be permanently unable to edit those records. In a large company, people come and go, so you could end up with hundreds of "orphaned" records that you are unable to manage.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Justin Smith

Good value but not exceptional

Reviewed 2020-02-17

I have no reason to doubt Keeper from a security point of view, and it's serviceable from a usability point of view, so it's okay overall. For it to become a truly exceptional tool, it would need to add the missing features that competitors have and tweak the UI a bit so that it's a bit more modern. (Like, can we get rid of the "Encryption Enabled" message? It's silly to think a password manager wouldn't use encryption in this day and age.)

Pros
Keeper is reasonably priced compared to the competitors we considered. Unlike virtually all SaaS vendors, they publish detailed release notes for all of their component products, which is *super* nice. (I just wish they included RSS feeds with those release notes so I didn't have to make my own...) Keeper is compatible with many different platforms, including Linux (Keeper desktop) and Safari (Keeper browser extension). A lot of competitors couldn't give a whit about products like Linux and Safari.

Cons
It's been years since we signed up with Keeper, but it still has some fairly basic limitations that it needs to overcome. For instance, in shared folders, it'd be nice to have separate sharing settings for subfolders. The UI as a whole is just not as refined as something like 1Password.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Ricky Takushi

Keeper - Only Remember One Password!

Reviewed 2020-05-12

This software has saved me so much time and headache. I don't think I would be able to function properly without it anymore!

Pros
This was a total lifesaver for me! Keeper has made it so much easier to manage my passwords and more. If you have any tech knowledge then it's pretty user-friendly and now I only need to remember one master password now. I manage a lot of our vendor accounts, customer accounts, and various other accounts. Anytime I create a new account, Keeper will easily set up a new randomized/strong password, then Keeper will auto-fill each I log in after that just by clicking on the keeper icon on a username/password field. Keeper allows you to easily create/manage/update your passwords using bank-level security measures to prevent hacking. Since it has an app as well, I store other sensitive/useful information on it as well, so I always have access to passwords/information. Definitely worth a try!

Cons
1. There are a few sites where the keeper icon doesn't always appear in the username/password field which can be a bit annoying. But if you have the username/password save for the website you can right-click on the field and there's an option to fill in the field using the saved Keeper information. 2. When you update a password, it should also save your previous password. When using keeper to update your password, once a new password is generated and you click save it will overwrite the previous password which is lost forever. But if the website doesn't accept your new password you're kind of stuck. You need to go back to the website to reset your password. Basically what I would suggest to Keeper is when you click save on a new password, the previous password should still be saved on the record somewhere. Then give the user the choice to delete if desired.

Anonymous

Convenient and time saving password keeper

Reviewed 2020-05-17

Overall, it was easy to transition our whole company over to Keeper. The vault is easy to organize and navigate, and the extension is a lifesaver when it comes to efficiency.

Pros
Our company switched from LastPass to Keeper to cut costs and I've found that it functions just as well if not slightly more efficiently. The browser extension for Keeper makes it quick and easy to log into any platform - it autofills passwords a little more seamlessly. It was also very simple to transfer passwords from LastPass to Keeper using an excel sheet or by logging into the account. The vault is easy to organize - it's easy to find what you're looking for and makes looking through a plethora of login information less daunting.

Cons
The extension wasn't very intuitive at first - if it doesn't autofill (which it usually does) then you have to click around the little extension popups to find the login you need. That's the main thing I preferred about LastPass - it made it a bit easier to look through possible logins and pick the right one. It's a very small critique!

Veronica Duran

Best Password Keeper!

Reviewed 2020-05-17

Pros
I have been using this app for at least 5 years, possibly longer. I pay the low-end fee, once per year. I didn't do that for the first couple years. I decided to pay though because I can now use it on ANY device and it transfers with me. We need to remember so many sites and passwords that it becomes a big headache! It has saved me soooo many times! I have made two folders for my two children and in them I have stored websites and passwords just for them. That has been so helpful!

Cons
It has a function in which you can automatically be sent to save a new password for a new website/app. It would be nice so that you don't ever forget to save a password... it has never worked correctly for me. But, it doesn't bother me much.. Both Google and Samsung ask to save new passwords anyway, so they are backups..

Susan Hendricks

Allows us to keep our passwords secure while working remotely or in the office

Reviewed 2020-04-14

Quick response from the marketing rep.

Pros
Fairly easy to use. No more paper password spreadsheets left lying around for anyone to find.

Cons
The storage is a little clunky. Instead of being able to open a file when you click on it, you must download it and then open it. The yearly billing should be $150, but each year I get an extra bill for "storage" that is $500-$1300 extra. I need to contact the sales rep to have it corrected.

Frank Fortino

No need to remember it all

Reviewed 2020-04-13

I have been using it for about 5 years now and it has made my life easier. From saving the user names and passwords which will then populate if I use my phone to access a website or app, or just be able to look up and review my information if I am using a laptop or PC.

Pros
Just like the fact that I can save user names, passwords, websites and various other information for my job and personal life.

Cons
I don't have anything bad to say about this app.

Ron van Elteren

Awesome password manager

Reviewed 2020-02-07

Pros
Keeper is very easy to use and works on multiple platforms. No need anymore to remember the passwords on each website or app, Keeper will remember it for you. Of course you only need to remember 1 master password (and make this one a very strong password !). Arrange passwords in folders, for logical administration. Create new and strong passwords on a website and have Keeper remember it.

Cons
No real cons for Keeper, but if any then I would say that this product could be a little cheaper (it's not the cheapest out there).

Dennis Bulgatz

Decent Enterprise Password Manager

Reviewed 2020-05-03

We hoped to get users to adopt using keeper, but have had pretty poor overall adoption. Early on, there were some bugs in the browser integration that caused user headaches, and Keeper developed a reputation in our org of being a problem, not solution. Average user thinks storing passwords on the web is insecure, and people make crazy arguments as to why they do not want to use a PW manager. Short of an edict that it must be used, adoption has been our major issue. The IT team users Keeper, and we are happy with daily use. We have had pretty good support from Keeper when problems have come up. Most issues were getting the Connection to Azure working (documentation was not up to date, the Azure Web site had been modified). Migration between versions was another big issue when some users lost access to their vaults. In short, this is a good tool, but we have not gotten the business value we had hoped for due to poor adoption.

Pros
Keeper is pretty easy to use. Support is pretty good. Security model is good. Azure / AD Integration Admin console shows good stats on adoption rate and usage.

Cons
Ability to import from 1 password is very limited. Instructions are poor, and relies on CSV and CSV grooming to get an import to at best partly work. As a long time 1password user, having to manually update every entry, and recreate the OTP was way more difficult than it should have been. One of the Keeper upgrades broke access to a number of vaults, and correcting this was a wasted day of my life. Azure integration stopped working right for these account, had to get them setup again with a Master Password. Seems like the upgrade was poorly on inadequately tested. The need to have a VM dedicated to connect Azure to Keeper- drop this. Other integrations with Azure do not require an on premises VM. Why is this integration not hosted on a Keeper Server? Security audit has no filtering between personal and shared entries. Cannot add columns to audit results, and cannot limit audit to a single vault/folder.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Sharyn Mayne

Great for enterprise, small business, community organisations or personal use

Reviewed 2017-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

- I love that I can attach files to a record. Example of use: saving a login and password for an insurance site allows me to keep images of my possessions attached to that site. - I use Keeper's random password generator when I am signing up to a new site. This is so handy as I don't have to spend ages finding a password that conforms to organisational complexity. - Business use: I keep my website domain hosting details in Keeper. Create a record, enter the login and password but also attach notes to the record such as renewal dates, which credit card I used to renew, domain lookup information.... pretty much anything I need to know about renewing my domain is cut and pasted into this record for easy access. - Personal use: As I am a tech support for my family and friends, I have a folder for Mum, one for Dad, one for Best Friend etc. As they are all technophobic, i keep their logins and passwords as a backup so if they forget, they can just call me and ask.

Pros
The feature that I like best about Keeper is being able to access it anytime, anywhere from any device - at the time that I need it. I've used it for both work and personal use and recommend it to all my customers. - I only have to remember one password - it only takes me a second to access any site. - I have the ability to copy and paste a password without exposing the password to others to see. - Keeper has a browser extension that allows me to save new site logins and passwords automatically. - I like that I can sort passwords into Subjects or Folders, which is easier for organisation

Cons
I would prefer the ability to make sub-folders under the main folder headings, but that is not a show-stopper - more of a personal preference really. I think the pricing is reasonable, however, I think the personal licence should include two devices instead of just one.

Patrick LeClaire

Never forget a login or lose a password again. Even those that are seldom used.

Reviewed 2018-04-19

Pros
Easy to use app. The new user quickly realizes what a functional tool Keeper is for organizing in logical fashion all you logins and passwords. Folders allow for keeping track of multiple accounts related to the same login. There is the option to leave comments on the app directly inside the folder so that "thing" you have to remember you don't forget. The app allows the addition of fields to expand on the size and amount of data you can enter into the folder. If you have several items that you discover need to be put into one folder you can do this quite easily. I have come to rely on this app and not my memory as the number of logins and passwords in my life grow. The cost is minimal but the value is evident. It is a simple idea that was well thought out and does what it claims to do. What more can you ask from a product? I gave customer support 4 stars only because I have never had to use them for any reason. If service is like the product in terms of reliability than it would have been correct to give them 5 stars. I was skeptical about this product in he beginning because there are so many competitors I thought it was a risky buy. It was a good purchase. I don't love the product it just works!

Cons
The only complaint it isn't free. I have tried other free password vaults and they fall short of Keeper. I know there should be more to complain about but I haven't found anything.

Paul Wintermute

Keeper Makes Your Life So Much Simpler

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-05-16
Review Source: Software Advice

I highly recommend Keeper. It has competitors, some of which are slightly cheaper, but you get what you pay for. Keeper is rich in features and can really help you to get your business's or your own cyber security under control.

Pros
Keeper has given me the ability to create, maintain and securely store and retreive more than two hundred and fifty unique passwords, PINs, and the answers that I have given to the security challenge questions that I use to access password protected websites as well as my numerous devices. I also store a lot of sensive data in Keeper, like family health records, contents of safe deposit boxes and their locations, license and VINs numbers on autos that I own, etc. It is a wonderful tool for both work and personal records and because I only have to remember one password, it can be long (mine is more than fifteen digits) and can contain numbers, symbols, and upper and lower case letters. All of my other more than 250 passwords maintained by Keeper are similarly complex. The length and complexity of the passwords that you create is limited only by the rules of the individual websites that you use. Can you remember 250 distinct, long, randomly generated alphanumeric passwords? No, but Keeper can. Just remember to put a copy of your "master" password in a secure place (like a safe deposit box) in case you have a memory lapse.

Cons
Almost nothing bothers me about Keeper. It has many, many features, some of which I have yet to use, but it works well on all of my devices (Windows, Android and iOS) as I currently use it. There is a learning curve with Keeper, but not to difficult. You will be using many of Keeper's features after a few hours of use, and its basic features after a just a few minutes.

Sharon Copeland

Keeper for Business is the best software for maintain privacy of your documents

Reviewed 2019-03-24

It is invaluable, I have had it for YEARS. You have virus software for your computers and tablets. This is just double protection for your business and they have a personal version. When I say its worth the yearly fee, it is, If I remember correctly you can on multiple devices and teams for the price

Pros
The security and ease of setting up the product. I put it on everything I own and I have had no problems. It keeps up with important documents, passwords and keeps them stored and protected on a yearly service. Provides encryption and chat if your need it for security reasons. You can keep memos, digital files and photos on your device. You can share the files and add family members just in case of emergency. Also protects you from any data breaches or if your phone or other devices are hijacked. Worth every penny and you can customize it to your tastes as well.

Cons
There is a learning curve when knowing to set up which files and folders; watch the tutorial. If you lose your password or forget your backup information to get back on you can be locked out or it can self destruct. Its great for theives, not so much for you. You can call or email customer service to get back on.

Denis Voronchuk

Keeper a great password Manager for it's money.

Reviewed 2018-05-21

This app is definitely in the top of the best password managers not only in my, but also in the world ranking and is not worth so much money that you can lose without protecting your data and pay a much higher price.

Pros
A great password Manager, which has a very rich functionality. You will love these built-in functions as built-in password generator that will help you to generate long, strong and most importantly do not duplicate passwords that will protect your precious data and now you don't have to invent them yourself, but the main thing to remember or worse write what actually is, is an app that stores these passwords in encrypted form, and the attackers will not be able to use them. Just want to note such functions as automatic filling of your credentials on all platforms and on any device. Owners of devices with fingerprint access will be able to use it when accessing the Keeper password database. Cardholders will also be pleased with the possibility of automatic filling of forms in online stores. With this application you will not only protect your credentials, but also protect your personal files such as videos, photos, saving them in the cloud. And to top it all off, I'd like to mention two-factor authentication

Cons
The application is paid, but it is unlikely that this can be regarded as a minus because for the lost data sometimes you have to pay a lot more, so that the application is definitely worth the money.

Anonymous

Simple, Elegant Password Management that I have used for 2+ years

Reviewed 2017-11-06

I have used the app for over two years and have found it to be a time-efficient and safe way to store my passwords for ALL my online accounts. I also store other important information on there (like SS # etc)

Pros
Browser App Extension allows you to have passwords automatically entered. Such a time saver Seamless integration and syncing between devices I guess we have no way of knowing if the App is REALLY safe but if you goto keeper.com they have extensive documentation on how they encrypt and store your data, their security disclosure and their certifications. I guess if you're really worried you should store your passwords under your mattress at home.

Cons
Sometimes the Browser App Extension Popup does not bring up the correct login. An example of this occurs when you are on an ecommerce site and taken to a 3rd party payment site (ie Paypal Popup) but you retain the shops URL. As Keeper does URL matching to determine what password to retrieve this can be an issue...you need to open the Vault interface and get your paypal password. A way to select what username/password combo from the popup dialog would make things easier.

Dennis Tharrington

Safe Deposit Box for All Your Passwords

Reviewed 2018-10-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Best password generator I've ever used. It's simply great!

Pros
This is a great product. Keeper is a vault and a generator for passwords. And it also has a browser extension that allows the vault to be accessed while online. Keeper can generate ids and passwords for new sites...and they are very secure passwords...very cryptic 128-byte passwords. It also is has fields for storing answers to questions used to verify one's identity that are sometimes used by sites. In the vault, you can organize passwords in folders...for example, all banking passwords in one folder, home information sites in another. And it will fill in the id's and passwords automatically if you wish. The vault can be backed up to the cloud or stored on another device of your choosing. The can print them out. Finally, it will sync across several devices. Create a password on your computer, it shows on your tablet or phone.

Cons
This product is simply great! They do have a small charge annually if you want to share the program with other family members.

Jonathan Farringdon

Password keeper on web and app

Reviewed 2020-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Use it almost every day, with over 100 passwords . Very reliable. I use the search almost every day, rather than scroll down 100 sites to find the one starting P, etc. Have a hickup every 2 years of so with customer service when they bill us - we paid for a legacy lifetime-fee that they no longer support, or seem to keep records of. they should have put it in keeper. Custome rservice resolve this each time for another 2 years.

Pros
can group passwords into folders, for home, work, family member, project, etc has a space for notes as well as web site, ID, password. decent search option to generate strong passwords for you cut n paste in the app web access on my android phone, it uses the fingerprint for access now does auto sync, so we can update on one device and get the info on another without manual syncs.

Cons
Used to limit how many devices you could run it on, not sure if they still do. for security, when you phone screen goes off, and you re-unlock your phone 5 seconds late, the app is also locked and required unlocking. Its safe, but tells me my screen time out is too short to write down or remember complex passwords.

John Whelan

'Fits in seamlessly with my daily

Reviewed 2017-09-22

- Saves Time s - Has all my logins and passwords in one place - Gives me a helicopter of all my logins. - Makes it easier for me to delete websites that I don't use as have them all stored in one place. - Allows me to store private information - Syncs across all my devices

Pros
-It saves time on each login that I have as not only are the password and login details held securely but all you don't even have to enter them. All you have to do is click on a button. -It allows the user to save all their log-in details and and then group. Thus, it allows you to have a helicopter view off the platforms you use etc. -You can also use the software to store other information not related to log-in and password details

Cons
- Sometimes the login might be on a certain page, however, the software might have stored a different page. -When you have multiple people signed up for the one account. If it's emails there is no problem but sometimes it might be login with numbers, thus it's hard to know whose accounts it is.

Tom Sparks

Love Keeper for Business

Reviewed 2019-12-15

It makes all my password needs safe and secure and helps me be certain that my business is not threatened by unwanted hackers. I generally use a 16 character password and I've never experienced a hacker breaking one of my passwords. My business is password safe!

Pros
It's easy to work, saves lots of time looking up passwords, keeps my passwords secure from hackers, makes it easy to assign a password to a given site, makes it easy to insert my password into a site, and the cost to use it on all my devices is a true bargain.

Cons
At times, within certain programs or sites, the automatic entry feature doesn't initiate. In those instances it is a bit of a hassle to open the Keeper program and copy and paste the password, but fortunately this is more the exception than the rule.

Jay Rausch

Essential secure pword & data software

Reviewed 2017-02-25
Review Source: Software Advice

I've been using Keeper for 5 years and can't imagine not having it with complex passwords required for so many websites and other logins. It looks simplistic, is easy to use, but under the hood is highly sophisticated reliable secure software. I have over 200 'records' that are encrypted, saved, and synced to all the devices I want. It takes about 30 seconds to create a new record with a user id, password, and website link. It is available for Windows, IOS, Linux, and Android. There are also browser extensions for Firefox and Chrome. This makes logging into any website a snap, as 'Keeper Fill' can enter all the info for you. With 256 AES encryption, 2-step authentication, and up to 100K Iterations, Keeper keeps my data safe, secure, and easy to access.

Pros
High level of security, ease of use, 2-step authentication, interface, scalability, platforms available, touch ID, complex password creator, syncing to all devices, super fast backups, record sharing

Cons
None so far. I've thought of some in the past, but were created and or fixed.

Anna Christine Powless

Keeper is. Keeper

Reviewed 2019-10-12

We require our end users to change their master password every 4 months. Our higher end security level clearance users are required to change their master password daily. That’s a lot to keep up with and keeper has helped our end users decrease their tickets for lost password by over 92%.

Pros
Ease of use for end users; top notch security; ability sync across devices

Cons
Would prefer it force client to chose or create a folder. My client sometimes create loads of entries without folders and they are heavy users then get lost. The search feature is an excellent tool for them to use but folders help keep them organized.

Kay Castles

Review of Product

Reviewed 2020-05-17

Overall our experience with Keeper has been great and was a programme that I have recommended to many people. However that good experience has been diminished by the change that came through with a version update that took away the ability to share individual records that moved the folder as well.

Pros
Protection, ease of use, ability to share records with my account managers in the business and the price was good

Cons
The process of sharing specific customer records has changed and is now much more difficult to do. The ability to share individual records with a folder was one of the features that I really liked about Keeper. Now that the folders don't go across with a record means that the process is quite labour intensive now. I don't want to have to share a folder as there may be passwords in there that the Account Manager doesn't need access to but this is now the only way to share records with a folder

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Brian Chancy

Keeper. Best Password Manager.

Reviewed 2016-09-18

After having my home broken into and dealing with identity theft, I was determined to find the best password manager there was. I wanted an app that synced across all devices. It had to have the highest security standards to protect my login information. It had to be super easy to use. With Keeper, I'm confident that I found it. I now can't imagine going through the day without it. It's a real lifesaver.

Pros
Easy to use. It is simple to save and retrieve passwords and login information. Keeper fills it in for you. It's a real time saver. Creates complex passwords for you if you want. Safe and secure. Syncs across all devices.

Cons
The free version has limited features. I recommend the paid plans. They have individual, family, and business plans available. They are worth every penny.