ShipBob Reviews

3.99/5 (71 reviews)
Pros
  • User friendly - efficient - reliable - on time
  • Very intuitive and straightforward in terms of customer use
  • I like being able to see each and every order on the dashboard.
  • The ease of use and how it flows. Finding information is very easy
Cons
  • We love the software! Keep up the great work!
  • I wish we had more customers to send their way!
  • No cons really. Any issue is addressed within 1 day.
  • There is no down side to this software in my experience
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Peter Banicevic

Our logistics and fulfillment is covered

Reviewed 2020-01-25

Pros
With ShipBob our logistics and fulfillment is completely covered. Our team finds the dashboard easy to use and it allows us to focus more energy on marketing and advertising to help us scale the business.

Cons
Honestly, nothing. They do what they are supposed to, and they do it well.

Tom Te.

Overall a great experience. There have been errors here and there that affected customers though.

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
Easy user interface to work with. Nice, clean and simple. Easy way to set up, track, and quickly send new orders from the interface.

Cons
It would be nice to have a live chat or support phone number for high priority issues. There has often been times we could have avoided a problem with a customer if a quick response happened. It was also be nice to have inventory levels automatically dispersed according to which DC's have the most turnover.

anne marie mackay

Expediancy

Reviewed 2019-11-04

I like that when my customers order I can be sure the product is delivered in a timely way without any damage.

Pros
User friendly - efficient - reliable - on time

Cons
There is no down side to this software in my experience

Brad Beegle

Shipping / Logistics Made Easy

Reviewed 2019-11-08

While the dashboard has been very easy to use, I've been most impressed with the people at ShipBob. If I've had questions - their availability and responsiveness has been great. If I've had the very occasional issue, it was resolved immediately. Fantastic customer service and experience from this team!!

Pros
Very intuitive and straightforward in terms of customer use

Cons
No challenges to report - I really can't point out any issues from the functionally my team needs to run our business.

Christina Graham

Reviewed 2019-10-25

We are filling the need to handle smaller fulfillment orders from our website and everything has been great.

Pros
This software is very easy to use. You can sift your way through without even really knowing what you're doing.

Cons
I really like this software but I would love it even more if there were more reporting options. This is a great tool to utilize to help analyze our business/customers that are ordering.

Kat Schliemann

Easy to use and great pricing!

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I am getting my product out on time and with low cost. Who could ask for more? Love it!

Pros
As a small business owner my time is super important to me. So using ShipBob's simple, quick and easy to use platform has been such a great benefit to my business.

Cons
It could be prettier. I would like more colors on the pages.

Jake Vitaliano

SLAM x Shipbob Review

Reviewed 2019-10-16

When we started, they were moving to a bigger warehouse. This led to a few tech problems with the cost of shipping orders. Luckily this was remedied relatively quickly and they reimbursed us for the miscalculations. Since then, it has mostly been smooth sailing.

Pros
Easy to keep tabs on all orders, fast product uploading, easy to teach others

Cons
Not the greatest on mobile, can feel cluttered at times

Anonymous

Bad Service, Can't count & Non-Transparent Pricing - "AVOID"

Reviewed 2019-03-11

Avoid at all cost. They are terrible and basically hold your product hostage. I have been attempting to leave, as they have become almost useless and they are making my company look bad. Your shipping facility is a representation of your company and I promise this isn't a company you want representing your company.

Pros
It kinda connects to Woocommmerce, but it doesn't bring it over automatically.

Cons
- They regularly over ship products. I had one customer receive 65 more pieces than was order. - B2B takes 5 days to ship. - Pricing isn't straight forward. They seem to take a percentage of what they think the sale is. - Customer service is low level at best. It is basically impossible to talk to someone.

Bryan Perla

easy to use and seamless

Reviewed 2020-02-06

Pros
I like being able to see each and every order on the dashboard.

Cons
Sometimes the pricing can be all over the place, so it can be hard to predict.

Jon Shapiro

Easy fulfillment integration

Reviewed 2019-09-04

Their overall product is amazing, easy integration into multiple retail platforms. It’s just the customer service aspect, though I realize there are a lot of variables at play, I’m sure they’re work it out!

Pros
Great macro controls over all components of fulfillment. Flexible ways of combining SKUs. Fast fulfillment on incoming orders.

Cons
The issues I’ve had are more with customer service. There are currently 4 of our items that are missing and I haven’t heard back from customer service on their whereabouts. On the software side, some of our customers do not receive email confirmations, seems to be an issue with ShipBob bouncing back to SquareSpace.

Andrew Lee

If you have another viable option- AVOID ShipBob

Reviewed 2018-08-28

Please just take it from a small business owner- if you have another option, just take it. Seriously.

Pros
Once you get to used to the backend it is super helpful. When it works it is great but it hardly works well.

Cons
They do not care if you are a long-term customer. The pricing is ridiculous- you think you are saving but because of how much they charge you to ship, you really aren't. CONSTANT ERRORS. They have shipped another company's merchandise, they have over-billed us by over $1k, so many many mistakes. They really do not care about you as their customer. Not as easy to set up as you think. You have to constantly stay on top of them. More damage than should ever be acceptable.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

James Parrelly

Good Product

Reviewed 2019-10-12

Pros
Easy to use and efficient product for shipping and delivering product to customers. Integrates with backend of website seamlessly

Cons
Sometimes the algorithm mistakes shipping costs. You need to watch to see if something is outsized cost

Puptection Chi

Poor customer service

Reviewed 2017-11-21

Pros
If you live in Chicago it can be convenient to place things in your inventory. Just started to make changes to the web interface..

Cons
4. It would take sometimes 2 days to ship out and get tracking numbers. Not as bad now.. But I still have to check your site to see if a order is going out and sometimes my orders can stay in processing stage for days and no one knows why... 5. No phone support... When I had a problem with orders I have to send a email and wait 24 hours. My customers have placed an order on my site and I can't just keep them waiting. No way to escalate problems.. 6. Sending out incomplete order, orders will be 1 of 2 and only one item is sent. I had to call the customer and apologies, then customer had to wait 3-4 days to get it the other item. Poor customer service is not a good way to stay in business... 7. Sending out wrong items..

Andrew Hardy

ShipBob is AWESOME!

Reviewed 2019-06-24

We have had a great experience so far!

Pros
I can run a $50 million company with this software with little to zero issues.

Cons
There is nothing applicable to add to this box at this time.

Response from ShipBob

We love hearing this and are honored to be a partner of yours in your success!

Kevin Alsterda

Reduces overhead, makes our customers lives easier!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-15

Pros
We refer our customers to ShipBob frequently because it makes the fulfillment process so much easier and more efficient! It helps our customers save on overhead by not having to hire staff and get a warehouse lease just ship out products.

Cons
I wish we had more customers to send their way!

Anonymous

If your products are breakable/fragile, DO NOT USE THEM!!

Reviewed 2019-08-07

STAY AWAY! THESE GUYS ARE HORRIBLE. We sell sauces, marinades and bloody mary mix and hired them to do fulfillment for us for our ecommerce business. Not only was the customer service terrible, they absolutely could not figure out how to ship products that are heavy/breakable so they didn't break in transit. The first go-around, they were putting glass bottles of BBQ sauce into boxes UNPROTECTED. What human doesn't have the reasoning skills to look at that and say "Gee, maybe this ought to have some kind of cushioning so it doesn't break the first time this box gets jostled." We went through this with them twice and ended up with 15 or so orders that broke in transit because they didn't pack them properly. Then, they wanted us to file an individual claim for each of the broken shipments - huge waste of time and money. DO NOT USE THESE GUYS - YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!

Pros
Interface is very user-friendly. The dashboard is super streamlined and helpful.

Cons
Claims process is slow, onerous and overly complicated.

Response from ShipBob

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and we will not be satisfied in our solution until we are a 10/10 for all customers. We'd like to dive deep into your case around fragile/broken items ASAP. Your information is private, but can you please share your contact info or customer ID with us, so we can look into this? Thanks!

Emily Petway

ShipBob is Awesome

Reviewed 2019-08-23

I can't say enough good things about ShipBob. Their customer care team is great at what they do and make interactions a great experience.

Pros
Having items in multiple ShipBob fulfillment centers, I can easily see the order, quantity, and location which makes planning and ordering much easier. I can quickly switch views with the ability to see photos and details with ease!

Cons
We love the software! Keep up the great work!

Response from ShipBob

Hi Emily, thanks for leaving a review and so glad we are able to partner with you and GiveNkind. Utilizing multiple fulfillment centers and the transparency in your operations is key!

Jesse Poiani

ShipBob building a Partnership

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Our overall experience with ShipBob has been positive. There was a learning curve at the beginning for both parties. This is common in most working business relationships I have been a part of. After we provided examples of what we expected, ShipBob made the necessary adjustments to meet our expectations.

Pros
The software has made managing 3 different warehouse locations easy and transparent. There are easy ways to customize each order to match customers specifications. Th

Cons
Doesn't always update in real time. The work being done (real-time) is not always easy to see (figure out).

Gary Lucas

Shipbob

Reviewed 2019-10-11

Very positive.

Pros
Ease of use and very good support. Once set up fulfilling is automatic.

Cons
Nothing. The only problem I have had have been used fault and support has always helped.

Marc Fontanetta

Shipbob is amazing

Reviewed 2019-05-16

Pros
The ease of use and how it flows. Finding information is very easy

Cons
there is nothing that I do not like about there dashboard and platform

Nikolay Reshetnyak

Great overall experience!

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Pros
Easy setup, many integrations, works with every popular platform out there.

Cons
No cons really. Any issue is addressed within 1 day.

Anonymous

ShipBob has been an instrumental partner in scaling our business regarding operations and logistics

Reviewed 2018-03-22

Pros
Fairly easy to use and customer support is always helpful. Very simple to edit orders and adjust shipping services on an order by order basis.

Cons
Some features are hidden and not the most intuitive in the Dashboard. The Warehouse Receiving Order system has to change...sometimes items aren't evenly divided into boxes (i.e. you put more units in one box vs the other). It's also not the most intuitive. The ability to auto-export inventory would be very useful in syncing inventory with Shopify.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Stefan Schmidt

Stay away from this

Reviewed 2019-03-05

Pros
Relatively easy to sync with other stores like Amazon, Shopify. Orders are processed right through.

Cons
The software is incredibly slow and full of bugs. Even creating my first inventory shipment was a massive pain with malfunctioning forms. After that it feels like most of pages on the online site are extremely slow to load which makes navigating it hard. Customer service was also a horrible experience. Shipbob claims to have multiple US warehouses but only two were available ("due to operational issues"). No account executive or customer success employee ever reached out to me to ensure proper onboarding, therefore I was left hanging in the air with most questions. The only way to reach Shipbob is via email (which takes 4 days to get a response) or via the in-built chat which only works during working hours and is not very helpful. Lastly, shipping rates the company gets from its partners like UPS and USPS (Fedex is not covered) are abysmal. While discounts of 30-50% are the norm with 3PLs Shipbob seems to get nothing. My all in fulfillment and shipping cost is about 2x of what I see with other 3PLS. All in all it seems like the company is rather still in its very early shoes and needs to catch up on a lot of product and operational issues. I believe in the ultimate goal they are trying to achieve, but will stay away from it for at least a few years.

Automate your shipping process

Reviewed 2019-04-17

Pros
The service staff have been very helpful in providing quotes and service for the first few Parcels we've sent. Their warehouses are all across America, allowing my customers to receive their shipments extremely quickly. They're API functionality means my shipping process is so streamlined.

Cons
No real cons to report. You'll have to do the work of deciding which Warehouse you'd like your items to be located in, but that is common sense.

Phil Jacobs

good company to get my small business started with!

Reviewed 2018-01-18

Pros
pretty easy to use and updated in a timely manner. clean looking and big improvement over previous software version

Cons
sometimes gets hung up, doesn't process. would like to see a little more detail under my account charges