Hivebrite Reviews

Hivebrite

All-in-one community management and engagement platform

4.69/5 (29 reviews)

Pros
  • The possibility to integrate external content is amazing as this allow me to bring huge value to my community.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • One of the best features about this platform is that events, and news can be made public and used for marketing purposes. Also the built-in newsletter tool is a big advantage of this software.Alexandra S.Read the full review
  • Throughout implementation we have been in close contact with both the management and the development teams and have felt effectively supported.laure E.Read the full review
Cons
  • With all this functionality housed under one roof, I no longer need to waste time toggling back and forth between my alumni CRM/Eventbrite/MailChimp/etc.Robert P.Read the full review
  • There is a bit of a learning curve to Hivebrite and sometimes people are hesitant to add "one more thing" to their arsenal.Kirsten B.Read the full review
  • The lack of customizable options when it comes to font, color, sizing, and general edits.Nettie S.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
laure ESTEVENY

We have built our budding high-energy network with Hivebrite and are glad we did

Reviewed 2018-12-10

We have chosen Hivebrite to support our management of the potentially huge community of CERN Alumni. Throughout implementation we have been in close contact with both the management and the development teams and have felt effectively supported. Now in our first year of existence, we continue to enjoy a close link with both teams, a very important thing for us. The platform serves most of our needs and we keep on feeding our requests for more, although we could perhaps have better visibility on what their plans and delivery horizons are.

Pros
Hivebrite has allowed us to tailor the look & feel of our CERN Alumni community site as we needed to. The back office is simple and very powerful, and allows full customization of most aspects of the front office offered to our network members. The support team is great and offers personalized support. The performance is top as the response rate is immediate.

Cons
It has happened that the software did not behave consistently on different supported browsers, which has caused confusion. The synchronization with LinkedIn has had its issues in the past. In some areas, we feel that a little bit more of customization from the back office should be within reach and regret that we have to wait. The performance of the mobile app could be further tuned.

Cécile Esser

Plateforme évolutive

Reviewed 2020-01-27

Une seule plateforme pour développer le réseau des diplômés de HELMo... C'est juste génial! D'autant que l'on peut proposer aux utilisateurs de rejoindre des groupes d'utilisateurs distincts, selon leurs centres d'intérêts.

Pros
La plateforme évolue chaque jour car des développeurs y travaillent jour après jour. Du coup, vous bénéficiez des avancées et c'est un énorme plus. Elle est facile d'utilisation et intuitive. Elle propose plusieurs fonctionnalités intéressantes pour les utilisateurs. EN tant qu'admin, j'apprécie en particulier le logiciel pour envoyer des campagnes d'e-mail ainsi que le module Evenement qui permet le paiement en ligne. L'annuaire séduit aussi les utilisateurs. LA relation avec Hiverbite est super. Le personnel est super réactif .

Cons
1. La fonctionnalité Opportunité professionnelle est bien mais pas assez personnalisable au niveau des secteurs d'activité pour faciliter la recherche d'emploi des utilisateurs. Comme l'évolution de la plateforme dépend des "gros" clients, on doit parfois être patient pour qu'une amélioration souhaitée soit mise en place. 2. Le support HIvebrite (mode d'emploi, webinar, ...) est en anglais uniquement. Dommage (heureusement l'équipe support répond en français et est hyper efficace et sympathique).

Michael Parker

Hivebrite is essential to the way we support our global membership base

Reviewed 2020-04-01

Hivebrite are a great company to work with - responsive and supportive to our needs they offer a great service that is affordable for an SME like ours. I would highly recommend.

Pros
Very accessible and easy to use interface Customisable to allow for your own look and feel Provides most of the functionality you would look for in an online social community platform Friendly and approachable team Scalable for large numbers of users Easy to adopt

Cons
It's a single platform architecture for all business users so limited customisation as all users receive the same updates/changes The integration of video conferencing within the platform would be a huge boost in functionality More customisation choices would be nice, but not essential

Anonymous

Hivebrite

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-03-15

Pros
Easily controlled by user, peronalizatin is great

Cons
Wish there was more compatability with other software programs.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Predrag Cvetkovski

YourMembership to Hivebrite migration

Reviewed 2020-03-06

We needed to expand our community building effort beyond a single country, while ensuring that each entity may define different membership rates and collect fees in a separate account. The Groups and multiple Payment accounts capabilities provided by Hivebrite matched our requirements.

Pros
it has been an enjoyable UX/UI experience using Hivebrite. A platform that combines some of the best features of Squarespace, Mailchimp, Facebook, LinkedIn and Kickstarter. It is easy to use and easy to integrate.

Cons
The page builder functionality requires further refinement and enhancements, in addition to further enhancements across the reporting and analytics related to payments, email and web.

Gian Marco Heilmann

just a hones reveiw

Reviewed 2019-06-28

great onboarding process and support while onboarding. also very fast answers on tickets!!! clear communication what is possible and what is not, always helping to find a solution for our problems or challenges.

Pros
A logically and well organised backend, easy imports, easy exports, clear overview, an easy to customise frontend. modern templates. very easy to use, almost dummy prove easy.

Cons
there are some limitations, when it comes down to ticket options for events, media management in groups and events is not very sexy, there is no "past events" section, can't attach pictures directly to a past event, it has to be via link from the media page. use of tables in customised websites is bad.

Robert Pauls

Hivebrite is cooler + has richer functionality + is more flexible + is a ridiculously-good value

Reviewed 2016-09-13

Seriously. I found Hivebrite at the very end of an exhaustive search of over 50 different alumni management platforms. After countless platform demos that would generally end with having witnessed a feature/function-poor platform, or witnessing a polished platform that cost 3x or 4x what my non-profit was looking to spend, I met Jean, who gave me a tour of the Hivebrite platform. I think at one point I literally asked Jean 'What's the catch?' because I didn't get it: Hivebrite was the sexiest, most-feature-rich platform I had seen, yet its price point was one of the lowest of all the vendors I had vetted. There was no catch. Jean and his team have built'and are continuing to evolve'an incredibly sophisticated alumni management and engagement platform. Let me expound just a bit on a few points: »»Cooler. Richer functionality. - The overall structure of the site is clean and tastefully executed. - The map interface of the `Events' of `People' is not just slick, but also super-functional as an intuitive and inviting way for alumni to engage with relevant fellow alumni and happenings. It's leaps and bounds better than anything I had seen from any provider. - With its ability to have alumni create `pitch pages' for their businesses and ventures, interact in group and forum tabs, post and attend events together, Hivebrite simply does more'and does it better'than any other provider. Hivebrite's functionality actually gave me ideas on how I can create engagement with alumni that I had not previously thought of. - Targeting a specific segment of your alumni for an email campaign is perfectly straightforward. Did I mention they have integrated email-campaign analytics? - With all this functionality housed under one roof, I no longer need to waste time toggling back and forth between my alumni CRM/Eventbrite/MailChimp/etc. »»More flexible. - When you talk to the support team at Hivebrite, if the answer isn't 'Yes', it's 'We'll make that a priority in our next iteration'. They have integrated many, many adaptation requests into their platform, and their platform is what it is today largely due to them improving based upon their client feedback. They have really valued my input and make me feel like we are on a team together, working to develop an awesome solution for my alumni and for my organization. That means the world to me. Thank you Jean, Flo, and the whole Hivebrite team for helping me do more for my alumni.

Response from Hivebrite

Thanks Rob - Such a detailed and enthusiastic review means the world to us. We're definitely a team!

Sandra Meier

Super user-friendly, responsive, fun and simple platform for alumni!

Reviewed 2016-09-08

It has been a great pleasure to work with Hivebrite team and to introduce this platform to alumni. As a luxury institution, we needed a unique product that would offer a high-quality solution for our end-users and optimise the current alumni network. This is exactly what we got from Hivebrite - a true win-win solution: a user-friendly and fun platform for alumni; and simple management and strong support for the alumni association. The platform offers an easy-access to the alumni from anywhere and more opportunities to engage and stay connected. Moreover, the Hivebrite team is constantly improving everyone's experience by actively listening to suggestions and finding innovative solutions for all requests.

Pros
The features offered by Hivebrite platform are very useful for both end-users and the administrator, for example: - The possibility to connect with channels like LinkedIn simplifies the login for users: one less password to remember! And the simpler it is, the greater number of people will stay connected which will facilitate the administrators' jobs. - The interactive map and "check-ins" are an excellent tool for alumni to find each others and strengthen the network. - The possibility to create chapters is one of the most important features for our network. Through the chapter live feed, alumni can discuss the popular topics in their countries or organize more gatherings independently. For administrator, this feature helps in chapter management and creating greater alumni communities around the world. But the greatest advantage of this platform is that it is constantly improving. The Hivebrite team takes every suggestion into consideration in order to develop new features that enhance the users' experience even further. I cannot give them enough positive feedback!

Response from Hivebrite

Thank you Sandra ¿ it is an honor for us to work with Glion !

Dave Edmonds

After over a year trying to build with a major competitor, finding Hivebrite was a gift.

Reviewed 2017-07-11

Pros
-User's layout is easily intuitive and makes sense. -Content rich design has a lot of useful places for various types of data/info. -Elegant visual design that draws your members towards useful info. -Clean, cool, contemporary presentation. -For admin, the backend is smart, efficient, and makes sense relatively easy for an intelligent novice to quickly get it and get to work designing and building. -We're a U.S. law enforcement nonprofit and our member base is law enforcement. Obviously, data storage, login security, and hacking issues are important to us. We spent a lot of money trying to make another vendor's package adequately secure and never really got there. Hivebrite's top-tier data storage coupled with leveraging Google's streamlined sign-in authentication can't be beat. -Tech support is outstanding, brilliant people who know how to engage efficiently, and even smile. -Value. We shopped hard. We're getting so much more than we could find anywhere else, at a great price point. -After over a year of struggling to get a competitor's product to work, we almost launched nationally with the thought to just make-do. But just a couple weeks before launch, our engineer spent several nights scouring the competition. He sold us on abandoning all our work and switching one of our endeavors to Hivebrite. After our first day of building, we knew this was the platform for both projects. We know what's out there. Hivebrite can't be beat.

Ali Douhayni

Best modulable alumni platfotm

Reviewed 2018-11-16

We were looking for a database, alumni platform and a workspace (groupe with feed, media center, event for meeting and deadline..) and billingual.

Pros
A lot of personalization (a lot of possibility) Easy to learn and use Best customer service you can have Easy to admin Always update et good communication If you have idea (new feature) you can submit them on the blog, people vote and the most voted are choosed for devloppement French and english customer service Billingual platform Back-Office CRM

Cons
The mobile application need some optimisation The Media center is great but is not optimal as well Except that, I think it is the best software on the market (I looked for more than 25 alumni platform before making my top 3 than my final selection)

Sylvia Mondinelli

IIT Alumni review

Reviewed 2019-01-22

Pros
I like the Event section as it is very complete. The customer service is excellent and very punctual and always polite. The "People" page is very good, as it allows to have a quick visual of all the network and where it is located. The fact that I can pull out reports quite easily about many things from the "community" section in the back Office is also extremely useful!

Cons
Certain section should be more customisable. Such as the wall or the job&careers page by, for example, adding filters - especially for the jobs. I would like the Digest to be more customisable and, especially, I would find very useful to be able to create more than just one page like the NEWS one. Meaning, more than one page in which single pieces of content can be seen listed all together and then, by clicking on the single content, access another page or a pop-up window. The fact that folders in the Media Center section cannot be given an image, instead of remaining simple blank folders, is not very appealing

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Liesa Schrand

internal networking platform with intuitive interface

Reviewed 2016-09-14

It is was nice to work with such an experienced partner in community management, that not only offers good value for money, but also offers good advice in building a professional community platform.

Pros
I especially like the event user tap. Via Hivebrite, you can invite your members easily to an event and the platform ensures a smooth processing of payments. Furthermore, Hivebrite provides a platform, which completely undertakes the task of data management. If there is missing data of your members, you can easily start a campaign to collect the data you need. Since I am not an IT nerd, I really enjoy the user friendliness and the intuitive handling of the platform. Our alumni and student community is really happy about our new homepage. Especially the live feed and the weekly digest, which summarizes news, forum discussions or job opportunities, has become a must read for every community member.

Cons
Some features are not costumizable, but the Hivebrite team is doing the best to fulfill the special requirements of an alumni association and takes every suggestion into consideration.

Response from Hivebrite

Thank you so much Liesa!

Alexandra Spälti

Alumni Network Platform from Hivebrite

Reviewed 2019-01-14

The overall experience is great! Especially concerning the interaction with Hivebrite, they are very quick in assisting with any questions and solving problems. The team also regularly asks the customers for possible improvements and tries to implement those. In general the relationship with Hivebrite does not feel like a customer/service provider relationship but more like a collaboration of two organisations that work towards a common goal.

Pros
The software is quite intuitive and easy to use also for people without a lot of computer experience. We love the design of the Network, it looks very modern and all the pictures as well as colors can be customized. One of the best features about this platform is that events, and news can be made public and used for marketing purposes. Also the built-in newsletter tool is a big advantage of this software.

Cons
One downside of Hivebrite is, that eventhough the software creates great statistics about user activities, post etc. those statistics cannot be exported or filtered for certain periods. The software is also still very young and has some bugs, but the development team is working hard to resolve those as quick as possible.

Nettie Sparkman

The team at Hivebrite was incredible. They were and continue to be flexible to our needs!

Reviewed 2017-08-02

The ability to streamline our Program to best fit our users. Hivebrite integrates numerous functions that provide an easy to use interface for our team as well as incredible customer service and support for questions that arose during the setup process!

Pros
The Front Office interface and mobile software is very user friendly. Our team members love the aesthetic and multi-faceted system that Hivebrite provides. It is also very customizable from the Back Office so from an Admin perspective, setup was easy!

Cons
The lack of customizable options when it comes to font, color, sizing, and general edits. However, I believe that this is something that is being developed so it's really only a growing pain that Hivebrite is adjusting to!

Response from Hivebrite

Hi Nettie, thanks so much for your kind words. We really enjoy having you as a client. You have had some great ideas for product upgrades so it has been a pleasure doing some developments for Love Your Melon.
Concerning the customization of fonts, text, etc... this will indeed go live to our clients in about 1 month or so. We are confident you will be pleased with the development!
Thanks again.
The Hivebrite Team

UPDATED: Hi Nettie, the new text editor is now live, hope you enjoy it!

Isabelle Hoyer

PANDA Women Leadership Network / PANDA Directory

Reviewed 2019-01-29

Pros
design, ease of use, growing set of functionalities that fit our purposes, very good customer support that helped out quickly when we had questions or problems

Cons
The most relevant problem for us was that sometimes sharing an event over the platform doesn't work our because there are two links - the "normal" one people share when they want to forward an event to a friend, but which works only for logged in platform members and the backend link that works for external visitors as well.

Anonymous

great team for great product

Reviewed 2019-01-21

Using Hivebrite was an excellent choice as I am know able to manage a professional community with projects, opportunities, jobs, companies and people. The possibility to integrate external content is amazing as this allow me to bring huge value to my community.

Pros
The possiblity to customize the function giving us the propose evolutions to our users.

Cons
Nothing un particular - (I am not using all the features)

Simon Furer

Very intuitive platform to handle Alumni relations

Reviewed 2019-02-11

It is actually hard to run an Alumni platform and community because it is very hard to onboard the community. Once they are active this platform is definitely the best way to organize activities for the community.

Pros
- Interactive map with all Alumni to see where they live and work - Event organization tool (with external invitees also) - Messages between Alumni

Cons
- Almost nothing... I mean for sure some smaller stuff can always be improved but they are so much listening to customer feedback and improving stuff every week...

Christoph Schmid

A great platform for online engagement

Reviewed 2017-11-28

Pros
Functionality: Hivebrite has almost endless features and options to customize the platform, so that the platform is tailored to the needs of the network. Features and functions can also be used in a non-traditional way, enabling the administrator to create specific features, that would otherwise not be possible. Look and Feel: From a user perspective, the portal is very easy to navigate (pending on how it is customized). The world map feature that displays network member geographically is a great asset for networking. Administration: The setup and maintenance of the platform via the back-office are very intuitive. This applies to the user profiles, as well as the architecture of the site. It's mostly a one -click process.

Anne Caunga

Virtually aesthetic

Reviewed 2018-05-22
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Its features are exceptional. You can customize it anything you like from it. The navigation of it is also convenient to use.

Cons
So far, I don't see any cons from this software. But there is still room to improve and for the better of service.

John Cameron

An excellent, user-friendly platform which has been adapted to our needs - the perfect solution!

Reviewed 2016-09-14

Hivebrite are incredibly professional, the team are highly competent, very flexible to our needs and solution focussed in their approach.

Pros
The software is very easy to use, simplistic for the user on the front-end and adaptable to our needs

Response from Hivebrite

Thanks a lot John ! It is a true pleasure to work with the IAHGM team.

Laurent Frederic

Unique customizable software for community management

Reviewed 2019-02-11

Software is great so is customer service. We strongly recommend HiveBrite to community managers worldwide.

Pros
We like the versality of features and the ease of use.

Cons
Messaging is not yet up to par with market leaders.

Algirdas Orantas

Community management tools

Reviewed 2020-03-10

Pros
It’s difficult to imagine a modern professional association without sufficient technology to build effective communications and boost valuable interactions across the members and the management team. A friendly user-centric design, easy to use and simple customization options were the main reasons to choose Hivebrite.

Cons
Fully satisfied with all the features, everything looks perfect.

Carola van Roermund - van den Berg

It is easy to get familiar with the platform and you will explore a lot of possibilities.

Reviewed 2018-06-01

Happy alumni, more contact with the industry and therefor more added value to our curriculum.

Pros
User friendly, a lot of possibilities to customize, in line with GDPR, adequate and friendly helpdesk.

Cons
Specific wishes on features is hard to get developped, since there are a lot of wishes. Would be nice to have a group of user in the same country where you can share your do and dont's.

Crystal Montgomery

Awesome

Reviewed 2018-01-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
The features and customization of this software is out of this world. Definitely easy to use and customer support is always ready and willing to help.

Cons
Although some features are customizable not all are, including the font which is okay but I believe that with an update they'll resolve that.

Pascal Vuylsteker

Modern approach to the Alumni management. Strong IT architecture

Reviewed 2016-05-25

Being still a relatively young company (compared to Graduway, Simplicity, Intraworld...), Hivebrite is proposing a solution that benefits from a wide knowledge of the existing solutions, but with the force of a solid foundation based on Ruby/Ruby on Rails and flexible architecture. The Team is really professional in its answers to our Request for Proposals