Eventbrite Logo

Eventbrite

Build, manage, and grow events

Eventbrite Reviews

4.6

5K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

The seamless process of managing the events, seminars or webinars, is truly amazing and super quick. It manages to remove the hassles from the POV of the admin.
I love how easy it is to search for events, how easy it is to RSVP, and how everything is visible in your account (and is also sent to your email for extra ease).
What I like most about the Eventbrite platform is how user friendly it is to create the events and the ease for those purchasing to make their purchase.
The worst part is they froze our payouts without telling us, until one day we noticed the lack of deposits and logged into Eventbrite to find it.
The lack of customer service during the pandemic was frustrating. Also, the percentage Eventbrite takes for ticketed events is higher than other companies.

5,090 reviews

RW

Rachel W.

Bookkeeper

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Changed the way we do events

Transcript

Rachel W.: Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm an event coordinator. I give Eventbrite five out of five stars. For more...

DW

David W.

Senior Pastor

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great software for limited admission events

Transcript

David: My name's David. I'm the pastor of a local church. And I give Eventbrite five stars. When our...

Nick S.

Philanthropy, self-employed

Great for non-profit events

Our overall experience has been great and we have continued returning back to Eventbrite again and again. It works well with other websites and applications and it's made our events successful and easy to manage!

Pros

Eventbrite has been great for our ticketed non-profit events. There have been many times where we have needed to send out event invites that include tickets, a registration list, a form, and something easy to account for and Eventbrite was perfect for that.

Cons

Eventbrite lacked some customizable options for their forms. I wish we could customize a little more and make the form look nicer. I also think the credit card fees seem to be a little high.

Pat W.

Music, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy to use, All the features you need

Used them to great effect for several events, easy to use and integrate on Facebook, and the fees were relatively low considering the features they provide. Definitely would recommend to others

Pros

Eventbrite is a great platform if you have an event (or events) you are selling tickets to online. - Easy to integrate into Facebook Events so your followers & FB friends can purchase tix right from the events page. - If you have a scanner, you can scan tickets and register guests as they arrive so you know who has entered already, and who has not yet scanned their ticket at will call- Pricing is not too expensive in comparison to many other ticketing sites

Cons

I think Eventbrite could reduce their fee structure a bit. As they are not involved in the event itself, taking a portion of each attendee ticket sale (3.5% fee) in addition to their $0.99 Service fee seems a bit excessive. I realize this is likely the structure that has allowed them to grow to such a large business in the events space, but I think this model may be a bit much as event organizers also have to pay the $9.99 monthly fee to be an Eventbrite member. However, in the grand scheme of things - the convenience of the Eventbrite service is worth the fees so far. Really no other major gripes with the service

LC

Liz C.

Human Resources, 51-200 employees

Eventbrite Ease of Use

Pros

Eventbrite revolutionized my event planning experience with its user-friendly interface and seamless ticketing process, allowing me to effortlessly manage registrations and engage attendees. Its extensive event discovery platform also helped me reach a broader audience, making my events more successful than ever before.

Cons

Eventbrite offers a convenient platform for event organizers and attendees, facilitating seamless event management and ticket purchasing. To enhance user experience, they could implement a more intuitive search and filter system, allowing users to easily discover events based on their preferences, and streamline the ticket purchase process for faster transactions.

AA

Abhishek A.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Review for eventbrite

Pros

Some pros of Eventbrite software include:User-friendly interface: Eventbrite has a clean, intuitive interface that makes it easy for users to create and manage events and sell tickets.Robust ticketing system: Eventbrite offers a wide range of ticketing options, including general admission, VIP, and discounted tickets, and it integrates with popular payment gateways like PayPal and Stripe.Promotional...

Cons

There are a few potential drawbacks to using Eventbrite as a event management and ticketing platform:Cost: Eventbrite charges a fee for ticket sales, which is a percentage of the ticket price plus a fixed fee per ticket sold. This can be a significant cost for events with a large number of attendees.Limited customization: While Eventbrite allows you to customize the appearance of your event page and...

LN

Lawrance N.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Easy set up for big payout

Pros

Simple step by step program to market events

Cons

So far so good, they give you alot of basic support

CM

Claire M.

Events Services, self-employed

Great way to launch an event

Pros

I like that it has a marketplace attached so others can see your event

Cons

difficult to find your event via search, the free version only allows 15 attendees

LC

Leah C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Highly Recommend

Pros

A+ platform to use, super user-friendly with ease of access. What we liked most about Eventbrite is the reminders to attendees and constant communication.

Cons

To be honest, the only thing we had trouble with was finding or locating events once shared with attendees. They would somehow become lost in event world.

Bk

Bridgette k.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Evenbrite helps my events shine!

Pros

I love love LOVE Eventbrite. I make soaps and gift baskets and host private events. Many of my customers suggested they wanted a paint and sip type evrnt but with soaps. With Eventbrite, i can pick a date and my customers can reserve a spot. This has been a huge up sell. Eventbrite is beyond easy to use and i pay less than $10 in fees. There is also an instant transfer feature when i sell tickets. No one else has that.

Cons

i am struggling to find any cons. There are none.

ls

lirim s.

Food Production, 201-500 employees

Best sofware out there to use for ticketing and reservations

Excellent, easy and user friendly software.

Pros

It is so easy to set up an event. It took me less than 5 minutes to create an event for my organization and I could add pics to the event I created. Also, I was able to customize it however I wanted. I love Eventbrite and will continue to use it.

Cons

There is nothing right now that I don't like about this software. I have used it now for multiple occasions and I had a great experience using Eventbrite.

JJ

Julia J.

Design, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

I would recommend Eventbrite if you need help getting started & promoting

Pros

I like that eventbrite is a site where people come to search for events in their area. So when I post my event I know other people have a more likely chance of seeing it because it is shown to alot of people.

Cons

There's not much I like about eventbrite. Maybe how much they take out of my sales but that's to be expected since technically they are hosting my website without any cost upfront.

RS

Ron S.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Fast Event Planning and Management

The actual event turned out to be a big success. Eventbrite played a key role in that success. I would definitely consider Eventbrite for future events.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to understand and use. The feature-set is not too broad so it's easy to quickly understand everything they offer. I was able to quickly wrap my mind around its scope and deploy an event. I appreciated how easy it was to setup a website for reservations and payment. Although I did not have alot of design options for the payment and reservation pages, the pages were streamlined and worked well. I was able to find good third-party support for lanyards and printed name badges. Being able to sell tickets at the entrance was a nice feature as well. Pricing felt right. I received good value for the money I spent.

Cons

I did not have alot of design flexibility for the payment and reservation pages. I pretty much had to stick with their default template that makes all Eventbrite sites look the same. The event management UI was slow and awkward to use. I did have a couple of periods of site outage that caused me some pain.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Truly the best event ticketing software out there.

I'm so glad to be able to continue using Eventbrite. The value for the product is really exceptional. I'd especially recommend to nonprofit users who produce live event programming.

Pros

There's something about the Eventbrite platform that feels particularly inclusive. I really like how customizable it is, and it's easy to train on. I'm also a big fan of their reporting and analytics.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this particular software. I've never experienced an issue while using it. I'd say it would be great if Eventbrite had more software integrations.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Eventbrite top event management and ticketing website

Eventbrite free conference management software provides easy access to your ticket Eventbrite provides best -in -class conference management software. It powers your events with data insights, built-in-intelligence and next generation marketing tools

Pros

Eventbrite brings people together through live experience.. Eventbrite enables anyone to create, promote, and sell tickets to any event. It is global self service ticketing and experience technology platform

Cons

It is easy easy to use and it makes your event a success. Eventbrite provides the best online event management.

HE

Heathere E.

Entertainment, 201-500 employees

Eventbrite tickets are amazing

We have premiere movies and events twice a month. Without eventbrite we'd have customers standing in line for hours waiting to buy tickets, or redeem tickets. With the help of eventbrite our lines stay flowing quickly and efficiently.

Pros

I love this software because regardless of what event or premiere we have, it's so easy to go online and set up the ticket sales. It's super affordable and easy to get paid. It makes it so much easier on all of our employees and customers too.

Cons

There's nothing I dislike about the product. They have been amazing so far.

CJ

Crystal J.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Awesome platform

Pros

Best event management platform with LOTS of flexibility! I can create all kinds of ticketing and promo code options. I love that I can manually add attendees who are complimentary or paid outside the platform.

Cons

I WISH there was a feature that allowed to me easily BULK add attendees. While I love the fact that I can add attendees manually, the fact that the platform doesn't allow for bulk attendee uploads is a blackeye IMHO.

SH

Sophia H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Eventbrite Review from Sophia

Overall great. We manage registration for events and set up notifications, pricing, and promo codes.

Pros

I feel it is relatively user friendly to set up events & then manage notifications.

Cons

The place to put the promo code is not easy to find and we often get questions about this. Also I wish fees could be refunded for folks no longer interested in taking the trainings/ classes.

Anvita S.

Education Management, self-employed

Eventbrite is Everything!!

Overall my experience with Eventbrite has been fun, positive, and exciting. I love searching for community, charity, and music events to go to with my friends and family. Especially in the summer, there are so many festivals and shows going on that it can be hard to keep track, and all I have to do is search the type of event I'm looking for or the date, or enjoy looking through what they have on their homescreen and scroll until I find something I'm interested in (which is usually never a long time!). I have really enjoyed my experience with Eventbrite and would highly recommend. I have registered for and gone to numerous events that I only discovered through eventbrite with my family and friends many often, and I will happily continue using it!

Pros

I LOVE using Eventbrite to find all the local events going on around me. I go to shows and events often and I love this website so much for having so many things that are going on in one place. I love the website, it looks alive, updated, and active. The website alone has a nice look that suits its own purpose. What I love most about this service is that I can find more intimate community events that...

Cons

As with most event and ticketing websites, there is a fee to check out when buying tickets for any events that are not free. This is to be expected, and probably the only thing I "dislike" about this service. Otherwise I love that I have a range of free and ticketed events to choose from, and that for free events I can go ahead and register from Eventbrite. No other complaints here!!

SY

Sydney Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Straightforward and Easy to use

I use it daily to either create events, check attendance numbers, send emails to attendees, and literally so much more, and I'm so comfortable and content with the abilities of the site that I've never even considered jumping ship to one of their competitors!

Pros

It's so quick to build an event page and start selling tickets. We are a primarily events-based membership organization, and the ability to specify ticket types, and create specific questions depending on ticket type has been integral for our organization.

Cons

I wish there was a way to group ticket types, so you could have a total cap on specific ticket types (for example, three ticket types that are all in person and have a total cap of 50, while allowing virtual tickets to sell an unlimited number of times). This would make the system literally perfect for our company, but instead we have to manually check to make sure those numbers aren't too low or too high.

at

atitaya t.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Amazing scheduling/event software...with the caveat that these ratings are for a very specific niche

Overall it was an amazing experience. We registered 100-125 participants with 10 pieces of mandatory information (it was a chess tournament so school, grade, level, rating, uscf id, address, phone number, cc number, child's name, parent's name). Parents found the form and payment incredibly easy to complete. The email confirmation is a nice feature. The nature of a chess tournament is that you...

Pros

Eventbrite does a fantastic job of making itself accessible to users attending your event...and it helps tremendously with signing up a large number of participants and collecting fees. As a volunteer chess coach I was able to use Eventbrite in place of designing a website, and buying a credit card reader or square type solution. We successfully hosted three 100-125 person events (chess tournaments) and it was an amazing...5 star out of 5 star application for that size event and that frequency.

Cons

The cost (cut that Eventbrite takes out) is high. If you are running a low volume (less than 50) event...I would recommend using the free version of Eventbrite for sign up and just collect the money onsite. If you are doing a higher volume event I would recommend either hiring a helper to collect the money and invest in a square reader (or if frequent events...maybe even look into website design...

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

A solid simple event registration platform

This is a great solution for simple, straightforward events without too many options. Once you get a lot of different sessions or tracks and registration types, it either can't accommodate or becomes very complicated to manage. Like other tools of this nature, there is a bit of a generic feel to it but that is the compromise for a widely accepted overall, plug and play software. It is effective but there are other solutions that are similar or easier to use and offer more customization options. It is highly likely that we will replace this software with something else in the near future.

Pros

Eventbrite is fairly simple to use and has most the features you would want laid out so you can build an event registration form in steps. Once you set up your account(s) if you are accepting payments, it is straightforward to duplicate events to make new ones as long as they require similar details. There are custom fields you can create with logic behind them so different users may have different options depending on the access you choose for them. There are also ways to create discount codes or hidden fields with different levels of access. This is very useful when you have tired pricing at events and variable discounts to various groups.

Cons

A lot of the settings are in places that don't make much sense and you have to go to completely different sections of the admin section to find settings that you would think are closely related to each other. Some of the features are on by default and you might never notice them until after your event registration has launched. Even though most the settings are easy to change, you basically have to go over every tab, page and setting to be sure they are all correct before you launch your campaign. When you use the custom data fields and discount features, it isn't immediately clear how it all works and again, you need to go to a couple different pages to get them set up properly so it takes some trial and error.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Great functionality, amazing when listing free events, fees are a bit expensive for paid events

I organise a lot of professional networking events, some are free and some are paid for. Eventbrite offers me all the functionality I need to organise my event. I used Picatic until Eventbrite recently acquired Picatic. However, customer support from Eventbrite is very difficult, if not existent. So if you have a question not answered by the standard FAQ, such as, "Since Eventbrite acquired Picatic, how I can access my previous/ currently live events"?, the only way I could find customer support was by tweeting Eventbrite. So, Eventbrite is great if you can self-service and publish free events, but once you have quirky questions, be prepared that it will be difficult to establish contact to a human person who can answer.

Pros

Eventbrite has lots of functionality that you will need when organising and managing an event. It is very easy to use, plus it can integrate with other apps such as Mailchimp which comes in handy when broadcasting an event and Surveymonkey which comes in handy to send out feedback forms post an event. The back office functionality is great too -- you can email invitations directly without using Mailchimp if you wanted to. For users, it's easy and simple to register, plus Eventbrite offers a secure online payment option which is hassle free for both organiser and attendee.

Cons

2 things that I like the least about Eventbrite are: 1) Non-existent customer service. One of the reasons why I used Picatic (which they have now bought!) was due to their great customer service. You can chat with a real person who can help you with some of the questions which are not answered in their FAQs. 2) They're great if you have a free event, but if you have a paid event, their transaction fees are one of the highest in the market.

LS

Lyndsay S.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Several Pros and Cons

Eventbrite helped me get my registration online. It served its purpose but after researching other systems, I now see how much Eventbrite's limitations cost me in time and money. Eventbrite is good if you're selling one general thing but beyond that it gets complicated. They did deposit my appropriate funds when expected.

Pros

I like that families were able to register for several different classes. I liked the ease of adding custom questions allowing me to gather the exact information I needed. Customer support did respond in a timely manner every time I needed them.

Cons

My biggest complaint is they changed the software without notifying me therefore I was not able to sell my products for over a week. I found out by accident. There was not any easy way to solve the problem. I was told to start my entire set up over again. The technology available was poor. Customer support had very little regard and/or value of my time and ability to use their product. It was confusing for my users to use the system from their end. It was common for people to register wrong. Pulling reports was cumbersome. For example, I could not pull a report of everyone who had purchased a certain product. I reached out to customer support and was told it wasn't possible. Once again. poor technology.

Abigail D.

51-200 employees

Free platform for nonprofits to utilize

Eventbrite is free for free events, easy to set up and looks professional.

Pros

I work at a nonprofit with a small marketing staff. Before using Eventbrite, we were building our events on our website which looked awful and dull. It would take a lot of time for not much reward. With Eventbrite, I can create a basic event in a matter of a few minutes. I can make it private or public to be shared with the Eventbrite community. Best of all, most of our events are free to enter, which means it's free to post them on Eventbrite. It's easy to check attendees in at the door, download reports, and communicate last-minute messages with registrants. Eventbrite is a great tool more companies should take advantage of.

Cons

In some instances, we've held events that require many conditional questions to be completed during registration. Unfortunately, Eventbrite doesn't allow the function of complex, conditional questions, which can really slow down the registration process. On the backend, the menu names aren't the most intuitive. There are certain functions that are difficult to find, such as where to cancel an order,...

BR

Bryan R.

Awesome Stuff

What do you like best? If you know what you like and you choose your interests accordingly, the recommendations are always spot on. It's hard not to find something that would interest you and there are always lots of free events. I had to download the app before I moved to Glasgow because I bought a conference ticket through Eventbrite, but then I started to tinker with it out of curiosity and it...

DM

Drew M.

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Streamlines the Concert Going Experience

As a huge live music fan, Eventbrite has been a great way for me to find and organize my live music itinerary. They are my go-to option for discovering local music events, and the ease with which you can purchase tickets and use them in other apps (such as Apple wallet) has really made the concert going experience easier for me. I appreciate the smooth functionality of the app, and its suggestions about events I would enjoy based on those I have previously attended. Highly recommended.

Pros

Eventbrite presents a very smooth interface, and is a great and easy way to discover and purchase tickets to events. I love it that it allows you to add any tickets purchased through the software to your Apple wallet, and I also appreciate that it keeps an archive of all the past tickets that you've used through them; for those like me who enjoy keeping their physical tickets as a memento of sorts, this app does it for your digital tickets automatically. All of my transactions with Eventbrite feel safe and secure.

Cons

One time I purchased tickets for a concert, but ended up missing it due to something unforeseen coming up. This was the only event that the app did NOT keep a record of - the tickets have disappeared from my past archive. I would like to see this tweaked where the app saves not only the tickets used, but also those unused.