Eventbrite Reviews

User ratings

4.6

4.1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.73/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The seamless process of managing the events, seminars or webinars, is truly amazing and super quick. It manages to remove the hassles from the POV of the admin.

Ajesh S.

I love how easy it is to search for events, how easy it is to RSVP, and how everything is visible in your account (and is also sent to your email for extra ease).

TS

Tori S.

What I like most about the Eventbrite platform is how user friendly it is to create the events and the ease for those purchasing to make their purchase.

EP

Elizabeth P.

RS

Ron S.

The worst part is they froze our payouts without telling us, until one day we noticed the lack of deposits and logged into Eventbrite to find it.

JG

Javier G.

The lack of customer service during the pandemic was frustrating. Also, the percentage Eventbrite takes for ticketed events is higher than other companies.

Eventbrite users...

Ticketbud

Brown Paper Tickets-logocaret

Brown Paper Tickets

Compare both
How would you rate Eventbrite?

4,193 reviews

DW

David W.

Senior Pastor / IT Admin

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Great software for limited admission events

Transcript

David: My name's David. I'm the pastor of a local church. And I give Eventbrite five stars. When our...

Changed the way we do events

Transcript

Rachel W.: Hi, I'm Rachel. I'm an event coordinator. I give Eventbrite five out of five stars. For more...

I Love This Software

My overall experience has been wonderful. I am happy that I found Eventbrite, it's inexpensive and works perfect for my company.

Pros

It's free to use and you're to post free events for attendees.

Cons

I don't dislike anything, it's a great software to use to post events.

Eventbrite Review from Sophia

Overall great. We manage registration for events and set up notifications, pricing, and promo codes.

Pros

I feel it is relatively user friendly to set up events & then manage notifications.

Cons

The place to put the promo code is not easy to find and we often get questions about this. Also I wish fees could be refunded for folks no longer interested in taking the trainings/ classes.

Great tool for organizing free events

Pros

Most of the people have already attended to an event that was managed on Eventbrite, this makes it easier for them to register and attend.

Cons

It doesn't really have a robust module for online events (a substantial portion of the events nowadays)

Thumbs up to Eventbrite

Pros

As a user, it is very easy to use, you click the event you like, you put your email, pay if it needs to and checkout fast. It sends you a confirmation right away and you receive notification or reminder upon the events. Even my old colleagues who were very into RSVPs in a very-old fashion way can figure out how to book an event for themselves and checkouts. As an administrator, posting an event is very easy, it has automatic payment processing, basically, it's like posting a regular post and Eventbrite does the rest. I don't have to send invitations to everyone individually, waiting for them to pay and to confirm.

Cons

Everything actually looks fine, it's just money-wise, everyone wants something free especially since I'm only using it once or twice a month. There was one time that I was about to charge more than I expected too, but it's a good thing Eventbrite did something about fixing it.

Events without Eventbrite - Not Happening

Pros

Title of my review says it all as we heavily used another software to host our meetups but eventbrite helped us build the community.

Cons

CMS! It would be awesome have CMS integration.

Eventbrite - THE way to find local programs and events

Overall, I have been a user of Eventbrite for years. I have planned events as a teacher through my school, been a user using Eventbrite, and it has helped me be more connected locally as well. I am grateful for this application.

Pros

I love how easy it is to find events based upon zipcode and city, how easy it is to print at home or use barcodes, how fast it is, it is free to use, and many companies use it so it is very connected as a system.

Cons

I wish that more people used this product! I would love language support for events and users that are multilingual as well.

A useful event tool with room for expansion

Overall it was a success where we successfully captured user data and helped gauge the amount of attendees.

Pros

Eventbrite was easy to use and deploy, and has some limited data capture features, which allow you to get the email addresses of the users who signed up and implement them in your email newsletter. What eventbrite lacks is true analytics functionality, location mapping, time on site, time to click, very important data that essentially gets lost to them versus setting up your own traditional website and running google analytics.

Cons

lack of functionality their terms and conditions over the type of event native marketing on the site is non-existent

Let Eventbrite help manage your next event

Overall Eventbrite has helped us manage our monthly gatherings with ease. Scheduling the event and registration are what we use most because that's what we need. Those functions work great and we are satisfied with the performance.

Pros

Eventbrite is great at scheduling and getting an idea of how many people plan to attend your event. Event scheduling and registration are great and easy to use.

Cons

It would be nice if Eventbrite could integrate with our CRM to add new people and update existing contacts with attendance data.

Eventbrite takes the stress out of planning, organazing and executing events.

Eventbrite is a phenomenal event management system. I have used the platform to plan conferences, live events, banquets, and much more. It takes the stress out of the process and allows me to easily manage my event details from start to finish.

Pros

Ultimately, I love the simplicity and ease of use of the software. I can easily create an event and manage everything in one place.

Cons

I would like to see updates to the client management system. In other words, making the excel spreadsheets more manageable or editable.

Best Choice for any Event

In my last event it gave me fair idea has to the auditorium choice and made. Really a great saver on my budget

Pros

It’s easy to set up and navigate through the interface of Their website

Cons

How sometimes time zones affects booking

Event standard that fails so many accounts

Eventbrite doesn't take into consideration customization of the messages that go out. All in all, you can just incapacitate a few messages, yet not others. So if your occasion is facilitated somewhere else it actually sends your participants a befuddling email that has minimal pertinent data. That email has an essential source of inspiration that guides your occasion participants to download the Eventbrite...

Pros

Straightforward, rich, clean UI List of attendees administrator is all that we need without abundance, cruft Framework is cloud based subsequently requires no abundance incorporation, administrator past a login, interface Reasonable rates for top of class work process All around known, no erosion or dread produced Marking is custom and adequate to adjust our own and Eventbrite's

Cons

Complex list of attendees sort highlights to give all the more fine need Recognization of VIP registrants Host and client profiles so records can be promoted whenever wanted Limits for not-for-profits and magnanimous associations Reconciliations ideally without Zapier Express related, suggested occasion controls

Amazing scheduling/event software...with the caveat that these ratings are for a very specific niche

Overall it was an amazing experience. We registered 100-125 participants with 10 pieces of mandatory information (it was a chess tournament so school, grade, level, rating, uscf id, address, phone number, cc number, child's name, parent's name). Parents found the form and payment incredibly easy to complete. The email confirmation is a nice feature. The nature of a chess tournament is that you...

Pros

Eventbrite does a fantastic job of making itself accessible to users attending your event...and it helps tremendously with signing up a large number of participants and collecting fees. As a volunteer chess coach I was able to use Eventbrite in place of designing a website, and buying a credit card reader or square type solution. We successfully hosted three 100-125 person events (chess tournaments) and it was an amazing...5 star out of 5 star application for that size event and that frequency.

Cons

The cost (cut that Eventbrite takes out) is high. If you are running a low volume (less than 50) event...I would recommend using the free version of Eventbrite for sign up and just collect the money onsite. If you are doing a higher volume event I would recommend either hiring a helper to collect the money and invest in a square reader (or if frequent events...maybe even look into website design...

Great option, depending on your needs!

I am very pleased with the services provided with Eventbrite. It streamlines and centralizes so many processes involved in planning a conference. It also helps us keep on track, advertise with social media, and track data on attendees. It's an incredible option worth considering, especially if you are hosting/leading a free event.

Pros

Eventbrite is an incredible platform for managing events and conferences. Here are a few reasons you'll enjoy it: - It's extremely user-friendly. Of course basic, background tech skills are helpful, but it's easy to get up and going and learn to navigate. - Similarly, the user interface is nicely designed. Nothing tricky or odd in my opinion - the webpage design just makes sense. - You can use...

Cons

I have very little to complain about with this platform, but I do think there is room for improvement with customer support. There response time was good, but could improve. It might be helpful to build out a better FAQ or help system in the website, since there isn't a lot of blogs or help available from other sources. Next, we offer a free event for educators, but I think the service charge would be expensive and cut into profits if our event was a paid conference.

Eventbrite is Everything!!

Overall my experience with Eventbrite has been fun, positive, and exciting. I love searching for community, charity, and music events to go to with my friends and family. Especially in the summer, there are so many festivals and shows going on that it can be hard to keep track, and all I have to do is search the type of event I'm looking for or the date, or enjoy looking through what they have on their homescreen and scroll until I find something I'm interested in (which is usually never a long time!). I have really enjoyed my experience with Eventbrite and would highly recommend. I have registered for and gone to numerous events that I only discovered through eventbrite with my family and friends many often, and I will happily continue using it!

Pros

I LOVE using Eventbrite to find all the local events going on around me. I go to shows and events often and I love this website so much for having so many things that are going on in one place. I love the website, it looks alive, updated, and active. The website alone has a nice look that suits its own purpose. What I love most about this service is that I can find more intimate community events that...

Cons

As with most event and ticketing websites, there is a fee to check out when buying tickets for any events that are not free. This is to be expected, and probably the only thing I "dislike" about this service. Otherwise I love that I have a range of free and ticketed events to choose from, and that for free events I can go ahead and register from Eventbrite. No other complaints here!!

Entreflow Consulting Group's use of Eventbrite

It's good for anybody that’s organizing an event obviously, the nice thing about Eventbrite is that it's free to use long as you're not charging for the event. There is a fee if you are charging for the event so the fees are 2.5% plus 99 cents transaction fee. So that's a service fee to Eventbrite for using their platform. Again, this is only if you're charging for the ticket, and then if there's...

Pros

The top feature for Eventbrite is that it's really easy to track events and the attendees that are coming to your events. You can create an event very easily, share it across multiple platforms, there's a direct link to your Facebook business events page from Eventbrite. Making it super easy to get the word out. You can track the events that are sent out and how people found your event so you can...

Cons

So, some of the requested features; we would like to see more customization in the actual Eventbrite page itself and as well the emails that are sent out to your invitees. So at the moment, I think there's only two templates and you can't really do much to change the look and feel, or the text within it, so it would be great to be able to customize those features a little bit.

State of the Art Event management

The event I attended which was managed via Eventbrite hat serval hundred attendees. From a visitors perspective anything worked flawlessly and smooth. The event I set up was a lot smaller but also worked out great from an organizers point of view. I am confident Eventbrite played a central role to this as it streamlined the organisation and the preparation as well as positively supported the execution...

Pros

I used Eventbrite a couple of times when booking events for myself or colleagues. It was simple, easy, had the information I was looking for where I expected it to be and all (comprehensive) steps that led me through researching the event (MTP Hamburg) to choosing what I specifically wanted to finalizing booking completely without any hassle. A while later I had to organize an Event myself and remembered...

Cons

Speaking of FAQ and learning how to use Eventbrite it is true that there is a lot of material available online. Sadly there is also light and shadow to this. Some of the explanations I found online were clearly dated and others did either not cover the specifics of the topic I needed (recommendation / invitation based multi stepp application requests) or referred to things which had been changed in...

Solid Event Hosting Option With a Few Quirks

With a large number of "event applications" out there, Eventbrite has found its way to the top of that list thanks mostly to their easy to use interface and well thought out back-end that not only covers all of an event host's bases but also integrates with other areas of their marketing. Free to anyone who isn't requiring payment for tickets, Eventbrite makes it easy to quickly put together a good looking registration page fast, without the hassle of payment or subscriptions. The paid feature for anyone requiring ticket fees is a little more rigid in how the user can collect it's money which can make it a little tougher to work with depending on how badly you need the revenue from your ticket sales. The payment processing fees are still reasonable, though.

Pros

-Powerful system that provides a large number of great features (creating, promoting, tracking, checking-in, analyzing) for free -Event page creation is quick and easy. If you want something simple, you can be done in minutes. If you want to customize different areas of the design and registration process, you have that ability as well. -Integrations with outside marketing platforms like HubSpot...

Cons

-The paid feature is a little rigid when it comes to payout structure compared to other options. You normally can't receive payout for your ticket revenue until your event ends, making it a tough option for those looking to promote an event months in advance who need the revenue now. Definitely something to consider. They provide early payout, but depending on how much revenue you're expecting to generate, that may not even be a viable option. -Customizing your registration page with your brand's colors, logos and images can be difficult and require some coding skills. You also won't be able to get rid of the Eventbrite branding so anyone looking for total design control may not like this option.

Event rite is a fantastic all in one event planning software

Eventbrite allows me to plan, create, manage, ticket, and checkin guests all with ease. I have all of my contacts right at my fingers and can create a fully customizable event. The forms are customized so that I can be sure I receive all the information I need from customers. I am able to share so easily on most any platform and manage everything, from attendees, to the event details, payments and ticketing, and even checkin and registration on the day of the event. It makes it so easy for event to go flawlessly. I highly recommend.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to set up a planned event with full customization. I am able to import contacts from many platforms allowing me to reach a larger audience. It is great for any size event and allows customers to attend the event with minimal interaction with employees. It is easy to share and manage and makes ticketing go very smoothly from start to finish.

Cons

There are some required features that I don’t always need to use but it’s not that inconvenient so I don’t really have any complaints.

A solid simple event registration platform

This is a great solution for simple, straightforward events without too many options. Once you get a lot of different sessions or tracks and registration types, it either can't accommodate or becomes very complicated to manage. Like other tools of this nature, there is a bit of a generic feel to it but that is the compromise for a widely accepted overall, plug and play software. It is effective but there are other solutions that are similar or easier to use and offer more customization options. It is highly likely that we will replace this software with something else in the near future.

Pros

Eventbrite is fairly simple to use and has most the features you would want laid out so you can build an event registration form in steps. Once you set up your account(s) if you are accepting payments, it is straightforward to duplicate events to make new ones as long as they require similar details. There are custom fields you can create with logic behind them so different users may have different options depending on the access you choose for them. There are also ways to create discount codes or hidden fields with different levels of access. This is very useful when you have tired pricing at events and variable discounts to various groups.

Cons

A lot of the settings are in places that don't make much sense and you have to go to completely different sections of the admin section to find settings that you would think are closely related to each other. Some of the features are on by default and you might never notice them until after your event registration has launched. Even though most the settings are easy to change, you basically have to go over every tab, page and setting to be sure they are all correct before you launch your campaign. When you use the custom data fields and discount features, it isn't immediately clear how it all works and again, you need to go to a couple different pages to get them set up properly so it takes some trial and error.

Nice Option for Small Nonprofits

My overall experience with Eventbrite was positive. I do believe, though, that the production link access process could be streamlined. Do users have to create a password protected Eventbrite account for a free ticket? Eliminating that step could streamline the process for both attendees and administrators.

Pros

Being a small nonprofit performing arts organization, Eventbrite's no-fee ticketing option was a great way for our choir offer our virtual production free to our community. We had more views for the production than expected. In fact, attendees included senior living center residents from different countries as well as from several states in the US. I believe using Eventbrite broadened our audience. Another pro was being able to capture names and email addresses of all attendees. I easily exported the contact information for importing to our email distribution app.

Cons

Our organization attracts an older demographic. We had quite a few people contact us at the start of each performance stating they could not figure out how to view our concert. Each instance was an issue with logging into the Eventbrite account. After attempting to assist, I eventually had to send the performance video link directly to the guest via email.

Fast Event Planning and Management

The actual event turned out to be a big success. Eventbrite played a key role in that success. I would definitely consider Eventbrite for future events.

Pros

Eventbrite is easy to understand and use. The feature-set is not too broad so it's easy to quickly understand everything they offer. I was able to quickly wrap my mind around its scope and deploy an event. I appreciated how easy it was to setup a website for reservations and payment. Although I did not have alot of design options for the payment and reservation pages, the pages were streamlined and worked well. I was able to find good third-party support for lanyards and printed name badges. Being able to sell tickets at the entrance was a nice feature as well. Pricing felt right. I received good value for the money I spent.

Cons

I did not have alot of design flexibility for the payment and reservation pages. I pretty much had to stick with their default template that makes all Eventbrite sites look the same. The event management UI was slow and awkward to use. I did have a couple of periods of site outage that caused me some pain.

Eventbrite Gets Ticketed Events Right

Working at a district that does dozens of ticketed events a year anywhere 100 guests to 5000 guests, Eventbrite has made getting people in the door a much faster and easier process. That long line of people waiting to come in quickly disappears because Eventbrite is so fast and easy to use. It has been a game changer for our ticketed events/concerts and I know it can help anyone else who is doing ticketed events as well.

Pros

This software is absolutely incredible for anyone doing ticketed events. You can easily see how many tickets are purchased, how many have checked in and the scanner feature is extremely easy to use. One of my favorite features with the Eventbrite scanner you are able to see if a ticket has already been scanned for that event and exactly what time it was scanned. That allows for less opportunities for people to pass tickets along that have already been used. I also live that you can download the app and turn your own smartphone into a scanner! GAME CHANGER! Switching to these scanners was a fantastic upgrade for our business.

Cons

There are only a few minor issues I have encountered but they are more with the actual event brite scanner than it is with the software. If it is extremely hot outside sometimes the batteries on the scanners can drain faster than normal, just make sure you have backups ready to go. They also will not scan tickets purchased from any other outside website (StubHub, Ticketmaster, etc) which is good and bad at the same time. Otherwise it is easy and a great tool for any and all ticketed events!

Truly the best event ticketing software out there.

I'm so glad to be able to continue using Eventbrite. The value for the product is really exceptional. I'd especially recommend to nonprofit users who produce live event programming.

Pros

There's something about the Eventbrite platform that feels particularly inclusive. I really like how customizable it is, and it's easy to train on. I'm also a big fan of their reporting and analytics.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about this particular software. I've never experienced an issue while using it. I'd say it would be great if Eventbrite had more software integrations.

Automate and Streamline your Events!

Pros

Eventbrite serves as a semi automated planning service that is mostly free to use. It allows you to book events, invite a few or a mass of people via spreadsheet or other import functionality and schedule the timing of when the invites will go out. Furthermore, it can do follow up reminders and keeps track of who opened the invitation, the attendance, and what type of ticket was purchased. Most importantly, it allows you to offer many types of attendance tickets, including a virtual attendance option if you're livestreaming. This is crucial if you're trying to get an accurate headcount of people who will be physically in attendance at your event.

Cons

The multi user interface gets a bit tricky during set up. If you want multiple individuals managing your events, the set up is initially a bit taxing but once its up and working, there isn't an issue. There should just be a click and go functionality for assigning managers and users.

Great functionality, amazing when listing free events, fees are a bit expensive for paid events

I organise a lot of professional networking events, some are free and some are paid for. Eventbrite offers me all the functionality I need to organise my event. I used Picatic until Eventbrite recently acquired Picatic. However, customer support from Eventbrite is very difficult, if not existent. So if you have a question not answered by the standard FAQ, such as, "Since Eventbrite acquired Picatic, how I can access my previous/ currently live events"?, the only way I could find customer support was by tweeting Eventbrite. So, Eventbrite is great if you can self-service and publish free events, but once you have quirky questions, be prepared that it will be difficult to establish contact to a human person who can answer.

Pros

Eventbrite has lots of functionality that you will need when organising and managing an event. It is very easy to use, plus it can integrate with other apps such as Mailchimp which comes in handy when broadcasting an event and Surveymonkey which comes in handy to send out feedback forms post an event. The back office functionality is great too -- you can email invitations directly without using Mailchimp if you wanted to. For users, it's easy and simple to register, plus Eventbrite offers a secure online payment option which is hassle free for both organiser and attendee.

Cons

2 things that I like the least about Eventbrite are: 1) Non-existent customer service. One of the reasons why I used Picatic (which they have now bought!) was due to their great customer service. You can chat with a real person who can help you with some of the questions which are not answered in their FAQs. 2) They're great if you have a free event, but if you have a paid event, their transaction fees are one of the highest in the market.